PDA

View Full Version : Betfair, crafty lot.

congress
26-01-2015, 06:57 PM
I had put 20 on the next Newcastle manager.After looking at a few betting company websites, they had in the bet title"Next Permanent Manager". After placing the bet I contacted them and they confirmed that if Newcastle named a temporary manager , the bet would still be open until the start of next season until they named a permanent manager.
After todays announcement, I checked my account and noticed that they had closed the bet saying I had lost.After an online chat and arguing what the operator before had told me earlier this month they have now reopened the bet.So if you had any money on it, check your account and make sure they have not closed the bet.

congress
23-05-2015, 07:33 PM
Anyone know if I have any comeback with the gambling commission on betfair.After my first post on the subject, checked last week and they have settled the bet on the Newcastle manager.They are now saying that as John Carver has been in charge for more than ten games he is classed as their permanent manager as in their terms and conditions.
I am sure that was not in the terms when I put the bet on in January that I could see and if so why did they reput the bet on for me if that was the case which they have now said I have lost again.
Anyone had any luck with the gambling commission when arguing a bet?

Billy Gilbert
23-05-2015, 08:01 PM
I've no advice, sorry. I'm not much of a gambler. Out of interest who did you name as next manager??

matayusgiovanni
23-05-2015, 08:11 PM
Ian Holloway?

congress
23-05-2015, 08:18 PM
Paul Clement

eagles2008
26-05-2015, 04:33 PM
Anyone know if I have any comeback with the gambling commission on betfair.After my first post on the subject, checked last week and they have settled the bet on the Newcastle manager.They are now saying that as John Carver has been in charge for more than ten games he is classed as their permanent manager as in their terms and conditions.
I am sure that was not in the terms when I put the bet on in January that I could see and if so why did they reput the bet on for me if that was the case which they have now said I have lost again.
Anyone had any luck with the gambling commission when arguing a bet?

Im afraid I've seen this one before in the terms and conditions. My mate did one on Sunderland manager and is worried about that as he bet on dick advocates but don't think that's been settled as his done 8 or 9 games

Grim Reaper
21-07-2015, 12:47 PM
I feel sorry for the saps who bet on the next Man United manager in 2002 when Fergie announced he was leaving....then had to wait 11 years for the market to be settled!!

zonin2000
21-07-2015, 12:57 PM
I feel sorry for the saps who bet on the next Man United manager in 2002 when Fergie announced he was leaving....then had to wait 11 years for the market to be settled!!

I know, at the time I put a chunk of money on a successful, but relatively unheralded Preston manager.

Grim Reaper
21-07-2015, 08:17 PM
Just think, when that market began Martin O'Neill was favourite and no one had heard of Jose Mourinho in this country

Odds Against
16-10-2015, 11:51 PM
Crafty? Full on dodgy company!!

I expect the US to act before the UK regulator (in name only) get off
their arse but the evidence is damning -

http://djsunset.com/introduction/

congress
10-11-2015, 06:59 AM
I took my original complaint to a gambling ombudsman who sided with them.I am adamant that when I put the bet on there were no such conditions that if a temporary manager was in charge for 8 games he was classed as permanent.i even got the bet put back on once because they settled before the proper result.
Won't go near them again now.

cantspell
11-11-2015, 03:59 PM
So Congress just to understand this - you put a bet on for Paul Clement to be the next permanent manager and complained when you lost despite them reopening it?

eagles2008
15-11-2015, 10:04 PM
I had one earlier in the year where I went to Ibas. Did a chunky bet on magnussen not to finish the Australian Grand Prix. His car broke down whilst going to the grid so therefore my bet was void. If I remember correctly bottas didn't start the race either because he was ill. I argued the case that these were two different situations and won after much negotiation. Doing matched betting as an extra income means you have to be very wary of all the terms and conditions bookmakers offer.