PDA

View Full Version : Leeds fans say Brighton play crowd chants into away end

eaglejez
25-02-2015, 07:57 AM
Now we all know we are very lucky to have the club that keeps giving as our rivals but I think this is a tad too far. Why would the Leeds fans say this. It would be beyond belief if it were true

:eek::)

sydney eagle
25-02-2015, 07:59 AM
I read about that on Twitter posted by a Leeds fan at the game:D

Walrus
25-02-2015, 08:16 AM
Please be true. Would be hilarious!

grand aigle
25-02-2015, 08:20 AM
And they accuse us of being "tinpot"? Guess what weeds, it doesn't get much more tinpot than playing crowd noise into to away end to attempt to generate some atmosphere.....unbelievable! Pathetic.!

eagle mart
25-02-2015, 08:45 AM
Charlton used to do it. It's not playing tapes, just a microphone down the other end. Played through the speakers to make any noise seem louder.

Still tinpot

sydney eagle
25-02-2015, 08:50 AM
The Leeds fan on Twitter is @luke_hill

He said he was directly underneath a speaker

CharlieCPFC
25-02-2015, 08:55 AM
This is the most pathetic thing I've ever heard of. The problem with modern day Football, only a tinpot muggy club embarrassed by their own atmosphere would use such a thing.

And it had to be Brighton :D:D:D

I say it all the time, they continuously provide me with laughs at their expense.

Fur cough
25-02-2015, 09:40 AM
Didn't happen.

But do carry on.

EagleSE24
25-02-2015, 09:51 AM
Didn't happen.

But do carry on.

Why would a rival fan make something up on Twitter?

Fur cough
25-02-2015, 09:56 AM
Why would a rival fan make something up on Twitter?

Because they lost.

Amazingly, when an away team wins at The Amex the place is labelled as one of the best arenas in the country, when they lose it's a pile of shit.

And the club have confirmed it didn't happen.

I suspect it was from the pre-match montage they show every game of some of the most iconic moments in our past.

smileysmith
25-02-2015, 09:57 AM
Didn't happen.

But do carry on.

To be fair Furc it does sound like the sort of thing the club wouldn't tell their fans they were doing. How can you be so sure?

Fur cough
25-02-2015, 10:08 AM
To be fair Furc it does sound like the sort of thing the club wouldn't tell their fans they were doing. How can you be so sure?

Because, in the scale of outright Noddyness this ranks about as far up as it's possible to go.

I know we have, in the past, done some pretty lame things, clackers being the prime example, but this I do not think would happen.

For me to believe this, there would have to be a recording of it, and even then I'd deny it till the cows came home.

Nelson Muntz
25-02-2015, 10:18 AM
Amazingly, when an away team wins at The Amex the place is labelled as one of the best arenas in the country, when they lose it's a pile of shit.

I won there, I won there big. Best game of my life and I still think it's a shithole

Selhurst Celtic
25-02-2015, 10:20 AM
Reading used to do it.

Selhurst Celtic
25-02-2015, 10:21 AM
I won there, I won there big. Best game of my life and I still think it's a shithole

:lux:

Amen, Nelson.

grand aigle
25-02-2015, 10:21 AM
Because they lost.

I suspect it was from the pre-match montage they show every game of some of the most iconic moments in our past.

He actually said "losing and deservedly so" so was obviously ok with that...wasn't because they lost it was because its " tinpot", to use a weed expression..
And "iconic" moments from your past? Please enlighten us as to what they might be Furc.

Heb 7:4
25-02-2015, 10:22 AM
Completely believable. Brighton really are tinpot

thereichstuff
25-02-2015, 10:24 AM
Because, in the scale of outright Noddyness this ranks about as far up as it's possible to go.

I know we have, in the past, done some pretty lame things, clackers being the prime example, but this I do not think would happen.

For me to believe this, there would have to be a recording of it, and even then I'd deny it till the cows came home.

On your last point here I will have to back you furk . There is no way a recording of any atmosphere has been made at the amex :p

Fur cough
25-02-2015, 10:27 AM

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/J88tzUXG9GI/maxresdefault.jpg

Selhurst Celtic
25-02-2015, 10:28 AM

Have you got your 'match pack' yet, Furc? Only a tenner.

http://i.imgur.com/8wAt9gc.png

smileysmith
25-02-2015, 10:32 AM

But, Furc, that just tells us its even more likely to be true.

Let's be honest, if there is something sad and noddyish to do in the world of football support, your club is the most likely to get involved.

Poor Furc. :(

Fur cough
25-02-2015, 10:33 AM
And "iconic" moments from your past? Please enlighten us as to what they might be Furc.

Storer against Doncaster 97
Case against the Wendies 83
Stephens against the antichrists 83
Reinelt against Hereford 97
Ulloa against some little club
Ulloa again against Forest 2014

Pidster
25-02-2015, 10:34 AM

Spanish day?

Selhurst Celtic
25-02-2015, 10:36 AM
Spanish day?

For the Catalan contingent at BHA? An own goal of almost Dunkesque proportions.

Selhurst Celtic
Spanish day?

Fright Night.

Billyd
Cracking ground, genuinely one of the best ive been to in a couple of years. However when it comes to fans - shit. When it comes to playing squad - shit.

Fur cough
Spanish day?

Expunged from memory.

Selhurst Celtic
25-02-2015, 10:37 AM
Announcing the 'attendance' to howls of laughter from the blue seat showroom.

Selhurst Celtic
Thank you cards on the seats for away fans.

Applauding the away fans.

Selhurst Celtic
Magiko.

eaglejez
25-02-2015, 10:47 AM

What about the 30k taken to Rochdale

Boyandy
25-02-2015, 10:54 AM
I'd say not being able to spell separately is fairly high on the Noddyness scale. Especially considering the weeds went on about Chrystal Palace for ages...

spuddy
25-02-2015, 10:55 AM
Because they lost.

Must be a bloody short montage then!!!

Fur cough
25-02-2015, 10:57 AM
I'd say not being able to spell separately is fairly high on the Noddyness scale. Especially considering the weeds went on about Chrystal Palace for ages...

:confused:

Boyandy
25-02-2015, 11:02 AM
:confused:

Click on Selhurst Celtic's link.

Fur cough
25-02-2015, 11:05 AM
Click on Selhurst Celtic's link.

Ah yes, I see.

However, spelling separately wrong and spelling the name of your own club wrong on official merchandise is not even on the same scale.

Vince Hilaire's Afro
25-02-2015, 11:11 AM
Next season not only will they be piping crowd noise around the stadium, but Barber will enlist the services of notorious 'Bugsy Malone' gang leader Fat Sam to perfect the art of using strategically placed cardboard cut outs of people to give the impression of more numbers

Vince Hilaire's Afro
25-02-2015, 11:13 AM
Ah yes, I see.

However, spelling separately wrong and spelling the name of your own club wrong on official merchandise is not even on the same scale.

It's at moments like these that one has to thank The Lord that one's team does enough on the pitch to make such off pitch errors take on little significance

Vince Hilaire's Afro
25-02-2015, 11:20 AM
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/J88tzUXG9GI/maxresdefault.jpg

When your glass house is over 90 years old, you can throw a few stones at a vanity project that came in at almost 100m more than your own glass house. Especially if it's dragging the club down rather than, as expected, 'establishing the club as one of the top nine in the country' (Botty, 2012)

Pidster
25-02-2015, 11:27 AM
Thank you cards on the seats for away fans.

Applauding the away fans.

...leaving the ground early, so as to allow the away fans an easier journey home.

( Though on that fateful May night, I wouldn't had cared if the train was delayed, as I was enjoying a good old sing song at Falmer station ).

Vince Hilaire's Afro
25-02-2015, 11:38 AM
There's a guy in this photo wearing a t shirt to commemorate one such glorious memory, if you need an example of past triumphs

http://i.imgur.com/KZfVZba.png

Fur cough
25-02-2015, 11:51 AM
There's a guy in this photo wearing a t shirt to commemorate one such glorious memory, if you need an example of past triumphs

Oh I see Vince, you mean when we nearly went skint aren't you.

Now, what was I talking about?:rolleyes:

Vince Hilaire's Afro
25-02-2015, 11:54 AM
Oh I see Vince, you mean when we nearly went skint aren't you.

Now, what was I talking about?:rolleyes:

No, I was referring to Division 2 playoff final. Not bad for a club whose fans love to throw around the 'tinpot' label

grand aigle
25-02-2015, 12:00 PM
Because they lost.

He actually said "losing and deservedly so" so was obviously ok with that...wasn't because they lost it was because its " tinpot", to use a weed expression..

grand aigle
25-02-2015, 12:09 PM
Dont know what happened there...bloody tablet has gone haywire

grand aigle
25-02-2015, 12:23 PM

Dunk against Billy Sharp Doncaster??

Oisin
25-02-2015, 12:29 PM
Why act surprised? Plastic club

Chris K
25-02-2015, 12:37 PM

You show Wilf's two goals from the play off game? That's a bit odd but understandable for the way it's sent your club

Fur cough
25-02-2015, 12:46 PM
Dunk against Billy Sharp Doncaster??

RIP Billy.

:(

Pidster
25-02-2015, 12:59 PM
Why act surprised? Plastic club

plasticpot club.

EastBerksEagle
25-02-2015, 01:28 PM
Because they lost.

Iconic moments ,I bet that takes all of 10 seconds

pauldrulez
25-02-2015, 01:38 PM
Because they lost.

Yes... it seems like he did it because they lost.

Losing and rightly so, but what sort of pathetic club plays crowd chants into the away end to make the home fans sound louder #lufc

Either that or the speakers directly above me keep clapping and shouting at me #lufc

Except he acknowledges they're losing deservedly...

Fur cough
25-02-2015, 01:45 PM
Yes... it seems like he did it because they lost.

Except he acknowledges they're losing deservedly...

And the club has confirmed it didn't happen.

Vince Hilaire's Afro
25-02-2015, 01:48 PM

The club also claimed that it's ready for the PL, and that this season's squad was good enough to challenge for the playoffs

Marki
25-02-2015, 01:54 PM
If they pipe in noise from the home fans won't there just be lots of indifferent tutting and people asking if the Arsenal game is on telly the following night?

Phil's Barber
25-02-2015, 02:45 PM
"Pass me the humous please Hilary"

biggus mickus
25-02-2015, 02:47 PM

In he past????????

Do me a favour! In the past my bollocks. You lot make a living out of it.

Vince Hilaire's Afro
25-02-2015, 02:52 PM
In he past????????

Do me a favour! In the past my bollocks. You lot make a living out of it.

0-oEVqSAgsg

Chris K
25-02-2015, 03:00 PM

Would one care for a Kettle Crisp?

Big Gav
25-02-2015, 03:02 PM
Briliant qoute at the end of that clip "You have to see it to believe it"
Well we have seen it and we quite believe it! It is Brighton afterall :)

Big Gav
25-02-2015, 03:03 PM
Would one care for a Kettle Crisp?

Has anyone brought lashings of Ginger Beer

SJ'sLoveMonkey
25-02-2015, 03:16 PM
It's always Pimms O'Clock at The Amex

Selhurst Celtic
25-02-2015, 03:22 PM

:D

Selhurst Celtic
25-02-2015, 03:23 PM
The club also claimed that it's ready for the PL, and that this season's squad was good enough to challenge for the playoffs

Darts.

East-End Eagle
25-02-2015, 03:24 PM

Getting to the play off semi final (only to lose) is one of your "iconic moments". Brilliant...

smoll
25-02-2015, 03:38 PM
...And the club keeps saying it's attendance is 25/27k every ome game when in reality it's about 8k less
don't rule anything out
reminds me of North Korea

Selhurst Celtic
25-02-2015, 03:48 PM
The world takes notice of North Korea, whereas Brighton is a provincial footballing backwater, only famous for having no backbone and losing their ground, hating Palace and being supported by people called Tarquin, Quentin and Rupert.

Penstone Eagle
25-02-2015, 04:13 PM
"I say, has anyone seen the petit fours ?"

(those of my age will remember the advert)

Eaglefoz
25-02-2015, 04:42 PM

Even if that is true and it didn't happen, you don't really think it will put us off repeating it and adding it to the list do you :)

biggus mickus
25-02-2015, 04:58 PM
I popped back to my old Village in East Sussex a few weeks ago.(Burwash). One of the locals, was proud tell me about the new fans(pmsl), that have formed a club. Its called, wait for it, no honest, wait for it, please hold your breath, dont puke.

Seagulls over Burwash!!!! Or some similar shit. I near pissed in my Harveys.

Never stop giving.

SJ'sLoveMonkey
25-02-2015, 05:00 PM
I popped back to my old Village in East Sussex a few weeks ago.(Burwash). One of the locals, was proud tell me about the new fans(pmsl), that have formed a club. Its called, wait for it, no honest, wait for it, please hold your breath, dont puke.

Seagulls over Burwash!!!! Or some similar shit. I near pissed in my Harveys.

Never stop giving.

Most of them need a good f**king wash never mind Burwash!

Gabbiadini
25-02-2015, 05:06 PM
Because they lost.

Iconic moments. Does that include the 0-0 draw at Selhurst in the play offs?

Selhurst Celtic
25-02-2015, 05:11 PM
Iconic moments. Does that include the 0-0 draw at Selhurst in the play offs?

They got to sing Wembley songs at the home of their rivals, so I would assume so.

The Palace version at the Amex was sung with more conviction though.

SJ'sLoveMonkey
25-02-2015, 05:13 PM
They got to sing Wembley songs at the home of their rivals, so I would assume so.

The Palace version at the Amex was sung with more conviction though.

Was it? I can't really remember! :lux:

Pistol Knight
25-02-2015, 05:34 PM

:D:D:D:D you made me chuckle with that line Furk, you will forever be known as the noddyness club on the coast to me now, many thanks :D:D:D:p:p

Gooders
25-02-2015, 07:10 PM
Amazingly, when an away team wins at The Amex the place is labelled as one of the best arenas in the country...

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahHahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahHahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahHahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha

Jim Cannon
25-02-2015, 07:14 PM
Because they lost.

Furk you are really losing the plot these days with all the stress of your club and it's rapid decline. So Brentford and Millwall win at your gaff - hardly surprising they think it's a good ground when they never set foot in the prem is it

old git
25-02-2015, 07:25 PM
Not the first time this has been claimed,Watford said the same last season and they didn't lose.

Fur cough
25-02-2015, 07:36 PM
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahHahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahHahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahHahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha

Is your keyboard broken?

Vince Hilaire's Afro
25-02-2015, 07:42 PM
Not the first time this has been claimed,Watford said the same last season and they didn't lose.

Nevertheless, people still seem to forget the salient points of this particular argument:

1) Whether the Amex is 'impressive' or not, at circa 100m in cost to 'the club' if ******* well should be. This is not even taking into account the fact that it has, contrary to expectations, become an inverse cash cow - perhaps more of an incontinent, money leaking collection of udders.

2) even a golden chalice is worth shit when constantly full of poison. Or in this case, wankers.

3) the stadium has yet, and perhaps will never, be judged against Stadia in the. Premier League by visiting fans. No wonder Watford fans thought it impressive, they were probably merely in awe at seeing four whole sides of the pitch represented by seating, and as we discovered at Wembley, prefer the volume set low

old git
25-02-2015, 07:45 PM
Nevertheless, people still seem to forget the salient points of this particular argument:

1) Whether the Amex is 'impressive' or not, at circa 100m in cost to 'the club' if ******* well should be. This is not even taking into account the fact that it has, contrary to expectations, become an inverse cash cow - perhaps more of an incontinent, money leaking collection of udders.

2) even a golden chalice is worth shit when constantly full of poison. Or in this case, wankers.

3) the stadium has yet, and perhaps will never, be judged against Stadia in the. Premier League by visiting fans. No wonder Watford fans thought it impressive, they were probably merely in awe at seeing four whole sides of the pitch represented by seating, and as we discovered at Wembley, prefer the volume set low
No,watford said the noise was pumped in to the away end.:p

Fur cough
25-02-2015, 07:47 PM

Must be true then.

old git
25-02-2015, 07:50 PM
Must be true then.

Yep.

Vince Hilaire's Afro
25-02-2015, 07:51 PM

My points still stand, your honour, even though I was a bit pissed when writing my closing statement

Gooders
25-02-2015, 08:13 PM

:lux:

danpalace07
25-02-2015, 08:36 PM
What a ******* joke club...

Arron
25-02-2015, 09:07 PM
Must be true then.

Ask yourself this though, what have Watford or Leeds got to gain by making something like that up? You're just another club to them, they have no reason to ridicule you.

Jim Cannon
25-02-2015, 10:07 PM
Ask yourself this though, what have Watford or Leeds got to gain by making something like that up? You're just another club to them, they have no reason to ridicule you.

If they knew that Brighton consider themselves to be a big club they would have a good laugh though

Benzhiyi
25-02-2015, 11:57 PM
Have you got your 'match pack' yet, Furc? Only a tenner.

http://i.imgur.com/8wAt9gc.png

Oh. My. *******. God.

biggus mickus
26-02-2015, 03:00 PM
Is your keyboard broken?

Of course not. Palace fans buy keyboards with a special, 'lets mock brighton button'.
Silly person.

Seth
26-02-2015, 04:44 PM
Is this one of the iconic moments? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRSJPTKw-i8

HurstpierPalace
26-02-2015, 05:19 PM

It is for us :)

Crofty
26-02-2015, 05:38 PM

Yep! Quality!!!!!:p

cpfcfly
26-02-2015, 08:00 PM
Arsenal do it.

CPFC Since 68
26-02-2015, 08:27 PM
Arsenal do it.

TBH, you would still hear feck all .

Heb 7:4
26-02-2015, 08:55 PM
Arsenal do it.

PLR

Vince Hilaire's Afro
26-02-2015, 09:20 PM
Can they not pipe decent attacking football by a good team into the opposition half?