PDA

View Full Version : Cheltenham 2015

Pages : [1] 2 3

KentishEagle
25-02-2015, 01:38 PM
As an aside from the Horse Racing Betting thread - with only 2 weeks to go this thread is for any and all things Cheltenham 2015.......:p

pauldrulez
25-02-2015, 01:40 PM
Nice idea :p

13 days away now, 11 until I leave for Cheltenham for the week.

Can't wait!

KentishEagle
25-02-2015, 01:42 PM
I'm heading there for my Stag Do on Paddys & GC Day :D

KentishEagle
25-02-2015, 01:47 PM
When are the final confirmations of which horses run in which races given?

pauldrulez
25-02-2015, 01:56 PM
The big races is 3-5 days before.

You'll be waiting until 10am the day before the race for most races and pretty much all of the handicaps.

Speaking of which, Thomas Crapper in the last on day 1, and Calipto in the Vincent O'Brien on the Friday are my first 2 handicap nibbles, along with Edeymi for Tony Martin on the Thursday.

cantspell
25-02-2015, 02:01 PM
Good one

pauldrulez
25-02-2015, 02:07 PM
Handicap weights in an easy to read format... https://files.ctctcdn.com/205db977201/4675e168-64ad-4017-84e4-0f414eca2eab.pdf

Vercingetorix looks well handicapped for the Fred Winter.

Was meant to be a Triumph runner but has had a couple of awful races recently.

Calipto is a stone lower in the weights than Irving for the VO'B. Quick Jack is another half a stone better off which is one to look out for.

aj4england
25-02-2015, 02:17 PM
I'm heading there for my Stag Do on Paddys & GC Day :D

I'll be down there for these two days racing!

LLCOOLSTEVE
25-02-2015, 02:46 PM
Nice offer from 888

8/1 Douvan and faugheen

No max bet

Valid for 24 hours

JamTheEagle
25-02-2015, 02:47 PM
Nice offer from 888

8/1 Douvan and faugheen

No max bet

Valid for 24 hours

I might stick a tenner on this and then maybe cover TNO nearer the time, still not sure about the CH.

KentishEagle
25-02-2015, 02:54 PM
I'll be down there for these two days racing!

My first ever Cheltenham so am really looking forward to it...... and dreading the punishments that lay in wait!!!!

JamTheEagle
25-02-2015, 02:56 PM
Also the 20/1 Douvan, Faugheen, AP and UDS.

aj4england
25-02-2015, 03:23 PM
888 is it cash withdrawal? Just got 5/1 for Faugheen but its not cash withdrawal and have to bet with twice.

aj4england
25-02-2015, 03:24 PM
My first ever Cheltenham so am really looking forward to it...... and dreading the punishments that lay in wait!!!!

Do you know what enclosure you are in?

pfc
25-02-2015, 03:29 PM
Going Tuesday and Wednesday. On Wednesday will have my red and blue scarf on!!

cantspell
25-02-2015, 03:36 PM
Going Tuesday and Wednesday. On Wednesday will have my red and blue scarf on!!

I am there on the Wednesday will have to get a red and blue scarf too

KentishEagle
25-02-2015, 04:15 PM
Do you know what enclosure you are in?

Yeah 15 of us in the Tattershall - I think mainly for th Guinness Tent :p

pauldrulez
25-02-2015, 04:41 PM
I'm there every day... Easy to spot!

The only person with a red and blue scarf and converse trainers ;)

KentishEagle
25-02-2015, 05:46 PM
I'm there every day... Easy to spot!

The only person with a red and blue scarf and converse trainers ;)

I'm guessing I'll be easy to spot too - probably the only poor sod in a red & blue Mankini!!!

cantspell
25-02-2015, 06:04 PM
I am in best mate enclosure

cantspell
25-02-2015, 06:04 PM
I'm guessing I'll be easy to spot too - probably the only poor sod in a red & blue Mankini!!!

Pmsl

Tomo
25-02-2015, 06:13 PM
I'll be there on Tuesday

Tomo
25-02-2015, 06:20 PM
I'll be there on Tuesday

pauldrulez
26-02-2015, 10:10 AM
Tattersalls sold out for Gold Cup day...

I have one spare, 60 face value and can email over if anyone is desperate for one?

pfc
26-02-2015, 02:58 PM
Paul you doing a cheltenham betting masters comp? if not i'll make one up and try and do it

pauldrulez
26-02-2015, 05:19 PM
Paul you doing a cheltenham betting masters comp? if not i'll make one up and try and do it

Happy to do it or take any amendments to last year's one!

Or I'll stick to the same format, it's quite simple to be honest, I just managed to fall ill during it!

SanSte
26-02-2015, 05:51 PM
Happy to do it or take any amendments to last year's one!

Or I'll stick to the same format, it's quite simple to be honest, I just managed to fall ill during it!
Thought you did well last year Paul and I will be in.Still think it would be much easier for you to deal with sp only.

pauldrulez
26-02-2015, 07:01 PM
I'm happy to leave that open to whatever anyone wants.

However, I may reduce the extra bets, and limit it a bit more as that is what caused a bit of chaos for me last year!

One bet on each race. A bet on top owner, top jockey and top trainer and leave it at that.

I'll think of something and get the thread up soon.

The issue is, do we allow ante-post betting?

pauldrulez
26-02-2015, 08:12 PM
If the ground comes up Good to Soft, I think Court Minstrel will outrun his price in the Arkle.

Gobbled up the hill back in October and hasn't had his ground since that day.

LLCOOLSTEVE
26-02-2015, 11:04 PM
Taken an ew punt that coneygree will go for the RSA, along with Don Cossack in the Ryanair.... ew double

aj4england
27-02-2015, 08:31 AM
If the ground comes up Good to Soft, I think Court Minstrel will outrun his price in the Arkle.

Gobbled up the hill back in October and hasn't had his ground since that day.

Could not agree more. Went through the Arkle last night to try and find some value and Court Minstrel was my choice. Market prices inflated due to Un De Sceaux

LLCOOLSTEVE
27-02-2015, 09:01 AM
Edeymi in the pertemps.

Davy Russell said at a preview evening last night that the horse was thrown in and def stopped last time out. When Bryan Cooper was asked (was on panel too) he just nodded.

G Elliott really likes horse and is in great form says the trainer.

pauldrulez
27-02-2015, 09:33 AM
Edeymi in the pertemps.

Davy Russell said at a preview evening last night that the horse was thrown in and def stopped last time out. When Bryan Cooper was asked (was on panel too) he just nodded.

Post 5... ;)

I might take a nibble on Sybarite for the Pertemps.

He had practically stopped on New Years Day at Cheltenham and promptly shot up the hill like a cannon, nearly snatching a place.

Nigel T-D reckons he's just about right for the race, if they can get him coming down the hill a bit better.

pauldrulez
27-02-2015, 09:36 AM
Could not agree more. Went through the Arkle last night to try and find some value and Court Minstrel was my choice. Market prices inflated due to Un De Sceaux
Looking a bit more in depth at the form, I'm not sure quite how well it tallies up.

I do like Course form at the Festival, and especially Spring form. I can see Silver Concorde massively outrunning the 25/1 offered for the Supreme as well. Festival form, has had a bit of time off to work on his hurdling, should come on for good ground. Ditto Vigil in the Bumper.

aj4england
27-02-2015, 10:40 AM
Looking a bit more in depth at the form, I'm not sure quite how well it tallies up.

I do like Course form at the Festival, and especially Spring form. I can see Silver Concorde massively outrunning the 25/1 offered for the Supreme as well. Festival form, has had a bit of time off to work on his hurdling, should come on for good ground. Ditto Vigil in the Bumper.

I struck a line through, Sgt Reckless, Josses Hill - jumping, Thre Kingdoms, Vatour wont run in the Arkle, Smashing, Sail By The Sea is untested over ground and class.

Un De Sceaux, Vibrato and Clarcam left. Therefore took Court Minstrel as a bet to lay on the day at 65s on BF as is the horses only entry.

LLCOOLSTEVE
27-02-2015, 11:43 AM
Edeymi in the pertemps.

Further to this, cup final, the joint 8/1 fav for the race in places, being reported as a non runner. Taken the 14/1 ew for edeymi

LLCOOLSTEVE
27-02-2015, 04:52 PM
Further to this, cup final, the joint 8/1 fav for the race in places, being reported as a non runner. Taken the 14/1 ew for edeymi

Edeymi now 10/1 with ladbrokes and generally everywhere else

Still some 12/1 with betvictor

JamTheEagle
27-02-2015, 04:59 PM
Edeymi now 10/1 with ladbrokes and generally everywhere else

Still some 12/1 with betvictor

Why has it been smashed in today!? Purely because of what has been said?

LLCOOLSTEVE
27-02-2015, 05:06 PM
Pretty much, plus the form is ok and is on a good mark.

Course form. Owner, trainer (not sure why I said Gordon elliott likes the horse when Tony Martin trains it)

pauldrulez
27-02-2015, 05:26 PM
Sod it, one last ante-post L15

LLCOOLSTEVE
27-02-2015, 05:37 PM
I have Calipto in an ew double with Any currency

LLCOOLSTEVE
28-02-2015, 03:18 PM
Well that performance by Batavir will shake up the pertemps market :)

LLCOOLSTEVE
28-02-2015, 03:19 PM
And of course, call the cops

Enfield eagle
01-03-2015, 09:45 AM
Always blindly follow any horse Willie Mullins sticks out on the leopardstown after race gallops this weekend. Very good record, one year gave 3 winners and a 28/1 2nd from 4 runners.

This year he put out vatour, un de scheux, djakedem.

JamTheEagle
01-03-2015, 11:00 AM
Djakadam may end up being my GC bet, think 12/1 is more than fair. Never really liked the horse but that last run was very impressive.

JamTheEagle
01-03-2015, 11:58 AM
Seems the prices of Annie Power's races are changing on the exchanges...

pauldrulez
01-03-2015, 06:44 PM
The Druids Nephew.

Not sure if mentioned yet, but the sponsors of the Festival Handicap this year are well linked in Alan King's yard. Has been well backed.

On a different note, is there a free way (not particularly bothered if it is legal or not!) that I can see Silver Concorde's races this season. 33/1 is a ridiculous price if he shows. Better ground, festival form, the Bumper form is excellent, I'm very interested as an each-way option in a race that could fall apart if horses take up their other entries.

pauldrulez
01-03-2015, 06:46 PM
Seems the prices of Annie Power's races are changing on the exchanges...

At one of the preview nights, one of the guests said that Ricci wants to try and win the big 4 races and thinks AP is heading for the World Hurdle.

Whether it's true or not, it seemed to be one of the bigger preview nights, and certain backers (and clever layers) like to take their word for it

JamTheEagle
01-03-2015, 07:01 PM
At one of the preview nights, one of the guests said that Ricci wants to try and win the big 4 races and thinks AP is heading for the World Hurdle.

Whether it's true or not, it seemed to be one of the bigger preview nights, and certain backers (and clever layers) like to take their word for it

Hmm. Wouldn't be calling them clever, I remember Ricci stated last January that AP would 100% be going for that CH that year... Willie calls the shots for them.

Oikboy
01-03-2015, 07:40 PM
All over Coneygree in the RSA. Backed him at 8s before he hosed up in the Denman Chase. Got worried that connections might aim too high and go for the GC. However being a three race novice chaser it seems that they'll stick with the RSA thankfully. I'm sure the GC will be his target for next season if all goes to plan.

I notice that Davy Russell said he'd walk to Cheltenham in his underpants to ride Coneygree in the RSA at a preview night recently.

pauldrulez
01-03-2015, 07:44 PM
All over Coneygree in the RSA. Backed him at 8s before he hosed up in the Denman Chase. Got worried that connections might aim too high and go for the GC. However being a three race novice chaser it seems that they'll stick with the RSA thankfully. I'm sure the GC will be his target for next season if all goes to plan.

I notice that Davy Russell said he'd walk to Cheltenham in his underpants to ride Coneygree in the RSA at a preview night recently.

Can't see Don Poli being beat in that race, as much as I love Kings Palace.

Gigginstown and Cooper are calling the shots to get him in the RSA ahead of the 4 miler.

Cooper has said that the faster the 2 English horses go, the further the winning distance for Don Poli

LLCOOLSTEVE
01-03-2015, 08:10 PM
Have to disagree Paul, based on the ratings Coneygree is is almost a stone better better than Don Poli!

To be rated higher than denman at the same stage of his career is quite something; if Coneygree was trained by NJH or PN, even a NTD.... then he would,IMO, be far shorter in the market.

pauldrulez
01-03-2015, 10:30 PM
Dell' Arca.

One of the best handicapped horses in the Coral Cup IMO. 33/1 is way too big.

But, does Pipe send him the route of the race in his Dad's name?

It's the only thing stopping me chucking a few quid on...

Enfield eagle
01-03-2015, 10:30 PM
I read that the trainer thinks don poli is lazy and thinks the 4m is perfect for him.

aj4england
02-03-2015, 09:33 AM
The Druids Nephew.

Not sure if mentioned yet, but the sponsors of the Festival Handicap this year are well linked in Alan King's yard. Has been well backed.

On a different note, is there a free way (not particularly bothered if it is legal or not!) that I can see Silver Concorde's races this season. 33/1 is a ridiculous price if he shows. Better ground, festival form, the Bumper form is excellent, I'm very interested as an each-way option in a race that could fall apart if horses take up their other entries.

Google Silver Concorde Horse. Go on horse profile on skysports. Watch video of previous race only by logging into skybet account.

pauldrulez
02-03-2015, 09:42 AM
I read that the trainer thinks don poli is lazy and thinks the 4m is perfect for him.
He does, but his son also wants the ride on Don Poli, hence Willie wanting him to go there.

But Gigginstown said something to the effect of "won't let Bryan sit down for Patrick to get a great ride elsewhere" at one of the preview nights.

He's a sure fire winner of the 4 miler though if he goes that way, but both Mullins and Gigginstown have other options for both races.

pauldrulez
02-03-2015, 09:48 AM
Google Silver Concorde Horse. Go on horse profile on skysports. Watch video of previous race only by logging into skybet account.

I remember watching the Champion Bumper from the Champagne Bar (it's a decent view!), but re-watching it, that's an impressive performance by any stretch of the imagination.

LLCOOLSTEVE
02-03-2015, 10:17 AM
He does, but his son also wants the ride on Don Poli, hence Willie wanting him to go there.

But Gigginstown said something to the effect of "won't let Bryan sit down for Patrick to get a great ride elsewhere" at one of the preview nights.

He's a sure fire winner of the 4 miler though if he goes that way, but both Mullins and Gigginstown have other options for both races.

Interestingly, cooper hasn't named Don Poli as one of his 3 best rides of the week

pauldrulez
02-03-2015, 10:18 AM
Interestingly, cooper hasn't named Don Poli as one of his 3 best rides of the week
Don Cossack must be in there? I'm assuming the GC horse is one of them?

Fingers crossed the other is one of my lump jobs (NMH?)

LLCOOLSTEVE
02-03-2015, 10:35 AM
Sorry, the best rides but was slightly inaccurate, actual quote is-

"The ones I'm really looking forward to at the moment are Don Cossack, Road To Riches and No More Heroes.
"They should all go there with great chances but I'm not nominating one as my best ride as that'll probably get them beat!
"Outlander and Tell Us More are also great rides to have, but there is no final plan with them yet. The Neptune looks the obvious race for Outlander."

pauldrulez
02-03-2015, 10:54 AM
I'm really hoping they stick Tell Us More in the Neptune. But, Gigginstown have no other reps in the Supreme. Think Tell Us More is better than Outlander/McKinley etc when on form, though Davy Russell doesn't think much of TUM!

JamTheEagle
02-03-2015, 11:43 AM
I wanted a price on STD to not ride a winner all week, no bookies willing to price it up...

pauldrulez
02-03-2015, 11:55 AM
I wanted a price on STD to not ride a winner all week, no bookies willing to price it up...

:D

He can have two. Calipto and The New One. Surely that ride can't go worse for him than it did for Daryl Jacob last year. Shockingly, going through my list, I'm worried I may have chosen 5 horses that he will potentially ride as either my first or second choice.

Bugger!

I tend to find that they're more likely to price up a market when it includes more than one jockey/horse etc. Maybe asking for a market on jockeys not riding a winner will garner more success?

Am Phibian
02-03-2015, 12:00 PM
On Friday Gold Cup day I have a spare ticket (includes racecard I believe) in the Best Mate enclosure if anyone needs it.

45 and will send it recorded delivery or guaranteed next day delivery for an extra fiver.

PM me.

aj4england
02-03-2015, 12:15 PM
Really not sure about Road To Riches. The fact the say that if anything that happens to Road To Riches they would have no problem Don Cossack going for the Gold Cup suggests either they fancy Don Cossack a lot or arent 100% on Road To Riches.

aj4england
02-03-2015, 12:29 PM
Had a look through the Triumph Hurdle this morning.

Peace & Co should win IMO, only issue would be running over good ground.
Arguably Beltor would be shorter if he was trained by a big name. Stacks of pace and very impressive in the Adonis which has a good record for the Triumph.
Quite like Hargam and its win on course and ground is good form but was only 6 lengths clear of Starchitecht compared to Peace & Co's 19 length victory of similar terms.

Would be interested if Golden Doyen went for the Triumph but seems to be going for the Fred Winter.

Peace & Co for me, will wait until the day as have a feeling it will drift.
EW on Karezak

pauldrulez
02-03-2015, 01:51 PM
Karezak e/w likely the bet for me too.

Mullins horse battered into 5/1 for the Martin Pipe from 16s. I've seen and heard strong vibes for Le Mercurey from Nicholls yard

JamTheEagle
02-03-2015, 02:23 PM
Karezak e/w likely the bet for me too.

Mullins horse battered into 5/1 for the Martin Pipe from 16s. I've seen and heard strong vibes for Le Mercurey from Nicholls yard

Just feel he is still badly handicapped from his French form, they are just running him for the sake of it as prep runs for fences next year, which by all accounts is what they have always layed him out for.

As for the 4m race, if VVM doesn't run I'll probably back Cause Of Causes e/w, see Elliot has booked J J Codd for the ride.

LLCOOLSTEVE
02-03-2015, 02:37 PM
Just feel he is still badly handicapped from his French form, they are just running him for the sake of it as prep runs for fences next year, which by all accounts is what they have always layed him out for.

As for the 4m race, if VVM doesn't run I'll probably back Cause Of Causes e/w, see Elliot has booked J J Codd for the ride.

Paul Nicholls said its the only horse he himself has had a bet on for the festival

JamTheEagle
02-03-2015, 02:38 PM
Also, added my second horse to the bumper on Friday night. Jetstream Jack at 25/1. Was just impressed by his win and luckily the form has been franked since in the Navan bumper on Sunday.

Don't really want to back more than two in that race, open as anything but I really like Belshill and him. If I was going for a third it would likely be OK Corral.

JamTheEagle
02-03-2015, 02:39 PM
Paul Nicholls said its the only horse he himself has had a bet on for the festival

Really? I don't trust a word he says usually.

Been bleeting all season about how badly handicapped it is.

pauldrulez
02-03-2015, 02:39 PM
https://twitter.com/brenporky/status/572385365463445505

Off-topic slightly... But this person obviously not understanding the point of ante-post betting...

I'm off to Ladbrokes, Betfred and Coral on the way home now that 2 of those 3 are NRNB. I'm having some of the 33s on Dell Arca in the Coral Cup.

pauldrulez
02-03-2015, 02:41 PM
Really? I don't trust a word he says usually.

Been bleeting all season about how badly handicapped it is.

Last year, the ones he went on about (outside the obvious) at the Preview Nights were Katgary, Lac Fontana Caid du Berlais (the one he really liked for the Festival) and Calipto. 2nd, 1st, 2nd and an unlucky 4th. He's normally half-decent when he's live on a mic!

JamTheEagle
02-03-2015, 02:43 PM
LM is single figures in most places, not really that enticing. It isn't really a race I bother with until the day but Unique De Cotte at a larger price seems way better to me. Upwardly mobile and most importantly will have been layed out for this race all season knowing the Pipes...

pauldrulez
02-03-2015, 02:44 PM
LM is single figures in most places, not really that enticing. It isn't really a race I bother with until the day but Unique De Cotte at a larger price seems way better to me. Upwardly mobile and most importantly will have been layed out for this race all season knowing the Pipes...

That's one of those on my list to look at for certain handicaps.

Last 3 races on the Friday are all on-the-day races for me.

JamTheEagle
02-03-2015, 02:54 PM
Most of these festival race e/w ante post stances are complete crap. 3 places in the bumper, 46 declared and likely to be 20+ running. There will defo be bookies offering 4-5 places on the day. Best of just waiting.

JamTheEagle
02-03-2015, 03:00 PM
25/1 Garde Le Victoire in the Coral Cup seems a tad generous. Done all his winning on soft this season but still adamant he is a good ground horse, hope he gets it!

cantspell
02-03-2015, 03:01 PM
Pipe is going for Imperial Cup. Cheltenham double 100k bonus reckons Bidourey is 10lbs well in

JamTheEagle
02-03-2015, 03:07 PM
Pipe is going for Imperial Cup. Cheltenham double 100k bonus reckons Bidourey is 10lbs well in

Nice horse that. Is the Fred Winter to second part?

cantspell
02-03-2015, 03:28 PM
Nice horse that. Is the Fred Winter to second part?

It didn't state which probably means he is keeping his options open

JamTheEagle
02-03-2015, 03:32 PM
I stopped being lazy and actually looked, needs to win the Fred Winter as well for the bonus money!

aj4england
02-03-2015, 04:30 PM
Handicap weights in an easy to read format... https://files.ctctcdn.com/205db977201/4675e168-64ad-4017-84e4-0f414eca2eab.pdf

Anywhere I can find this full document please?

aj4england
02-03-2015, 06:09 PM
Looked at the first handicap. How you go through these and find any value with confidence is beyond me! Must take forever!

However, feel that Lamb or Cod is a good price at 40/1.Very low in the weights and Hobbs horse in good form at Cheltenham this season.

LLCOOLSTEVE
02-03-2015, 06:30 PM

Might win the Imperial cup but wont win the races he is entered in at Cheltenham - Triumph and Fred Winter

LLCOOLSTEVE
02-03-2015, 06:36 PM
Camping Ground for the Imperial cup is very interesting

cantspell
02-03-2015, 06:37 PM
Might win the Imperial cup but wont win the races he is entered in at Cheltenham - Triumph and Fred Winter

I wouldn't disagree but I thought we'd all be interested in that pipe thinks he is 10lb well in for the imperial

LLCOOLSTEVE
02-03-2015, 06:43 PM
Watch it hack up in the Fred Winter now

LLCOOLSTEVE
02-03-2015, 08:08 PM
Had a free 10 Betfred bet so stuck it on Buywise in the 4pm race on the 2nd day.... i think

pauldrulez
02-03-2015, 08:33 PM
Paddy Power preview night very interesting.

Rich Ricci currently talking about handicaps, and Sam T-D gave Thomas Crapper as one to watch outside of the trainers he works for.

LLCOOLSTEVE
02-03-2015, 09:09 PM
Noble endeavor ew in the Martin Pipe 20/1

aj4england
02-03-2015, 09:27 PM
Paddy Power preview night very interesting.

Rich Ricci currently talking about handicaps, and Sam T-D gave Thomas Crapper as one to watch outside of the trainers he works for.

In line with this just read another preview, David Casey saying he would never ride Sprinter Sacre in the champion chase first choice. Seems to say keep your money in your pocket for this one as all have plenty of doubts above them. Simply Ned worth backing ew.

aj4england
02-03-2015, 09:31 PM
Vroum Vroum Mag probably wont go to Cheltenham according to Rich Ricci at the preview. Shame

pauldrulez
02-03-2015, 11:00 PM
Vroum Vroum Mag probably wont go to Cheltenham according to Rich Ricci at the preview. Shame
Looking more and more like a race to decide on the day!

Ricci justified it quite well actually

pfc
03-03-2015, 06:11 AM

The Pipe team have done it before so know what it takes!!

Could be worth a cheeky punt

JamTheEagle
03-03-2015, 09:28 AM
Can it be next week already please. This week is hell, full of mainly hear say and conjuncture.

aj4england
03-03-2015, 09:35 AM
Can it be next week already please. This week is hell, full of mainly hear say and conjuncture.

Couldn't agree more! Getting into the stage as to whether its worthing wait until the day to back now.

JamTheEagle
03-03-2015, 09:40 AM
Carlingford Lough at 11/1 is tempting me, happy enough with him and Djakadam e/w in the GC.

dannyboy1807
03-03-2015, 10:06 AM
Think I'm going for Many Clouds in the Gold Cup.

Won at Cheltenham in Jan.

pauldrulez
03-03-2015, 10:27 AM
Couldn't agree more! Getting into the stage as to whether its worthing wait until the day to back now.

I have to say that I am delighted to have 9/2 on Don Cossack for the Ryanair with Cue Card being withdrawn this morning. Not that I thought it had a chance of winning, but it has dropped the Don's odds to 3/1.

pauldrulez
03-03-2015, 10:33 AM

Here you go mate.

@AskPaddyPower 5m5 minutes ago
@cpfcpatriot Sam Twiston Davies Not to Ride a Winner @ the Cheltenham Festival 7/2

Please call DAB to place these bets.

UK:08000 565 265

Also given Cooper at 3/1, McCoy at 4/1 and Ruby at 40/1!

JamTheEagle
03-03-2015, 10:38 AM
Here you go mate.

@AskPaddyPower 5m5 minutes ago
@cpfcpatriot Sam Twiston Davies Not to Ride a Winner @ the Cheltenham Festival 7/2

Please call DAB to place these bets.

UK:08000 565 265

Also given Cooper at 3/1, McCoy at 4/1 and Ruby at 40/1!

Hah! Said they were't interested to me! Thanks :)

JamTheEagle
03-03-2015, 10:39 AM
I have to say that I am delighted to have 9/2 on Don Cossack for the Ryanair with Cue Card being withdrawn this morning. Not that I thought it had a chance of winning, but it has dropped the Don's odds to 3/1.

I will wait for the day for this race, I'm very sweet on Coneygree obviously but this race is going to cut up big time.

pauldrulez
03-03-2015, 10:46 AM
Hah! Said they were't interested to me! Thanks :)
Skybet weren't interested at all!

Agree on the Ryanair. I think Don Cossack is a class horse, but I think Ma Filleule will run a big race with the Mares allowance. Don't think much of Balder Succes, Champagne Fever won't run here, Johns Spirit is a good handicapper, which makes me think Taquin de Seuil could massively outrun the 14s on offer NRNB with Betfred if he turns up here and not as top weight in a handicap.

I think Wishfull Thinking at 25s is way too big as well. Will be less than 16s on the day. Boston Bob is massive at 25s if he turns up there as well which was a strong rumour last week but appears to have quietened down. Wonderful Charm is another

But, you're very much right, looking at the list on Oddschecker, there's 6 of the top 12 who will likely not run.

aj4england
03-03-2015, 11:55 AM
Surprised that Don Cossack isn't receiving more support on here. I had the same though about Taquin de Seuil but unsure the good ground will suit. Johns Spirit has a good shout but all good runs at Cheltenham have been on the old course.

Ma Filleule, even with Mares allowance, who has it beat to justify taking.

JamTheEagle
03-03-2015, 12:00 PM
Surprised that Don Cossack isn't receiving more support on here. I had the same though about Taquin de Seuil but unsure the good ground will suit. Johns Spirit has a good shout but all good runs at Cheltenham have been on the old course.

It's his to lose for sure.

aj4england
03-03-2015, 12:06 PM
Hidden Cyclone seems to be the ew value shout in that race. Every paper or article I read this horse is being tipped up.

aj4england
03-03-2015, 12:39 PM
Had a look through the Arkle
Vibrato Valtat is the one I will probably be on, reckon the race will suit him.

LLCOOLSTEVE
03-03-2015, 01:43 PM
I will wait for the day for this race, I'm very sweet on Coneygree obviously but this race is going to cut up big time.

Coneygree? For the Ryanair??
Do you mean the RSA??

Unless you got the two dons mixed up, Poli and Cossack :)

pfc
03-03-2015, 01:44 PM
For the famous Red and blue scarves

http://www.thoroughbredrehabilitationcentre.co.uk/item/60/sire-de-grugy-scarf/

LLCOOLSTEVE
03-03-2015, 01:50 PM

Think I have Don in an ew double with Coneygree

Losing track! :(

aj4england
03-03-2015, 02:59 PM
Think I have Don in an ew double with Coneygree

Losing track! :(

Make you right Steve. Don Poli and Don Cossack causing too much confusion!

As it is, I think that Don Cossack would be my bet of the week.

Aside from them two, the World Hurdle, heard that Harry Fry has had 500 ew on Rock On Ruby. Unsure how telling that is.

LLCOOLSTEVE
04-03-2015, 10:33 AM
Hidden cyclone confirmed for Ryanair

Cut everywhere to 8/1 ish except ladbrokes who are still 16/1

I just got on ew

aj4england
04-03-2015, 10:50 AM

I just got on ew

Ill have a few on that for that price

KentishEagle
04-03-2015, 01:02 PM

I just got on ew

Just went into Ladbrokes - now 8/1

LLCOOLSTEVE
04-03-2015, 01:11 PM
Hills still 12's but value gone I guess

aj4england
04-03-2015, 01:51 PM
Really unsure how best to bet in some races such as Supreme, Champion and Arkle. Have no real confidence in any so may just save my money and perhaps look at some e/w value, Qewy, Arctic Fire and Court Minstrel spring to mind.

JamTheEagle
04-03-2015, 02:02 PM
Really like both TNO and Faugheen, have bet on them both on debuts and stuck with them both.

I am surprised Faugheen is not odds on. My sentimentality over TNO still can't make me back him, the bare facts of the form are that last year's CH was complete garbage. No two ways about it.

aj4england
04-03-2015, 02:24 PM
Really like both TNO and Faugheen, have bet on them both on debuts and stuck with them both.

I am surprised Faugheen is not odds on. My sentimentality over TNO still can't make me back him, the bare facts of the form are that last year's CH was complete garbage. No two ways about it.

My Champion hurdle picks have not been good, Zarkandar and then Our Conor :(. But do have a bit of sentimentality for TNO for some reason, partly because I would like to back it and see where it finished with a clear round and a year more maturity.

JamTheEagle
04-03-2015, 02:38 PM
My Champion hurdle picks have not been good, Zarkandar and then Our Conor :(. But do have a bit of sentimentality for TNO for some reason, partly because I would like to back it and see where it finished with a clear round and a year more maturity.

Maybe, think people have tended to exaggerate the run by TNO - yes he was undoubtedly interfered with BUT he never really lost much position as they weren't going that quick at that stage and he seemed to settle fine after it anyway. Regardless of that, it wasn't like he would have won by 10+lengths plus and the horses that beat him have proven nothing, other then that are unreliable and not a vintage crop. MTOY couldn't even win a handicap after the CH.

pauldrulez
04-03-2015, 02:58 PM
Maybe, think people have tended to exaggerate the run by TNO - yes he was undoubtedly interfered with BUT he never really lost much position as they weren't going that quick at that stage and he seemed to settle fine after it anyway. Regardless of that, it wasn't like he would have won by 10+lengths plus and the horses that beat him have proven nothing, other then that are unreliable and not a vintage crop. MTOY couldn't even win a handicap after the CH.

But on the other hand, Faugheen's form isn't exactly mindblowing. Most of the Neptune horses he defeated are now staying hurdlers. And the Irish Champion form is reasonable by cruising to defeat Sgt Reckless, but that horse is 25/1 for the Arkle.

None of the horses really have the greatest of form, so you're taking on the unknown vs Jezki who hasn't done a great lot vs The New One who had bad luck, but has shown pace. I don't really see why Faugheen should be odds on, other than the Mullins vibe. I really hope the 4 main protagonists (and Arctic Fire as well I suppose) get a clear run around on decent ground so it can be solved with no hard luck stories. If TNO is ahead coming up to the hill, it's over IMO, but I can see Faugheen leading coming up to the last with TNO and Jezki there or thereabouts... Unless it pisses down with rain, and then it is wide open.

aj4england
04-03-2015, 03:06 PM
Painful to see Jezki's name, can not back that dog. Preview night last year however there was plenty of support for him. All of this is confusing my mind even more!

cantspell
04-03-2015, 03:14 PM
But on the other hand, Faugheen's form isn't exactly mindblowing. Most of the Neptune horses he defeated are now staying hurdlers. And the Irish Champion form is reasonable by cruising to defeat Sgt Reckless, but that horse is 25/1 for the Arkle.

None of the horses really have the greatest of form, so you're taking on the unknown vs Jezki who hasn't done a great lot vs The New One who had bad luck, but has shown pace. I don't really see why Faugheen should be odds on, other than the Mullins vibe. I really hope the 4 main protagonists (and Arctic Fire as well I suppose) get a clear run around on decent ground so it can be solved with no hard luck stories. If TNO is ahead coming up to the hill, it's over IMO, but I can see Faugheen leading coming up to the last with TNO and Jezki there or thereabouts... Unless it pisses down with rain, and then it is wide open.

Rain is forecast on Monday but not much expected to be dry on Tuesday and forecast for the week at this stage is good.

I will be on The New One as I thought it was unlucky last year , it gets up the hill and is a better price

pauldrulez
04-03-2015, 03:16 PM
It's a real pigs ear of a race, I wouldn't be stunned to see Kitten Rock nick a place if any of the main 3 make a mistake.

I will also be backing The New One, but it's not one I can be comfortable with based on form. I just have the images playing in my head of the way he got up the hill (right in front of me) and like a couple of others have said, it's a horse I just genuinely like. I can't be having the price on Faugheen, so I'll back TNO with my heart instead.

JamTheEagle
04-03-2015, 03:17 PM

Very true, although I don't really think people are going through Faugheen's form with a fine tooth comb as he hasn't ever come off the bridle and has completely smashed everything before him, albeit he was entitled and expected too.

That is exactly my issue with TNO, I 100% cannot see him being ahead as they enter the hill. No matter how hard I try I just can't. I think Faugheen will be cantering all over them 3 out and most will be scrubbed along behind to close but never getting there. He might be a bridle bandit but I don't think so, usually I would lean towards a horse that I have seen giving it's all - it's just all the others in the race haven't impressed me one bit when they have gone through their gears this season... Fair play if something can beat him, I have a little niggle that it may well turn out to be Jezki - purely to show the form boys up.

Careful to those betting e/w as well, if one comes out it is down to 2 places.

aj4england
04-03-2015, 03:34 PM
Very true, although I don't really think people are going through Faugheen's form with a fine tooth comb as he hasn't ever come off the bridle and has completely smashed everything before him, albeit he was entitled and expected too.

That is exactly my issue with TNO, I 100% cannot see him being ahead as they enter the hill. No matter how hard I try I just can't. I think Faugheen will be cantering all over them 3 out and most will be scrubbed along behind to close but never getting there. He might be a bridle bandit but I don't think so, usually I would lean towards a horse that I have seen giving it's all - it's just all the others in the race haven't impressed me one bit when they have gone through their gears this season... Fair play if something can beat him, I have a little niggle that it may well turn out to be Jezki - purely to show the form boys up.

Careful to those betting e/w as well, if one comes out it is down to 2 places.

Is this the case for ew bets already placed?

pauldrulez
04-03-2015, 03:35 PM
Moving onto another one of last year's successes... The JLT and Vautour. Am I mad to be looking elsewhere? 6/1 general for Valseur Lido who I think can reverse the Apache Stronghold form should he come on for his last run (which I expect). I really like Ptit Zig, but the fall slightly puts me off. Had it been a fall back in November, that's fine, but LTO faller always has me slightly wary.

I know connections love Splash of Ginge but the way I look at it is if the top 4 in the market run close to what they have done previously, he isn't getting near them, even with C&D form in handicaps.

The horse I liked last year (that Steve tried to put me off) ;) in the Grand Annual is being nibbled away at. The obvious reason is that Ned Buntline will be McCoys last ever Cheltenham Festival ride... Lump?

aj4england
04-03-2015, 04:09 PM
Really like Vatour. Would arguably back if it was in the Champion Hurdle this year if they had kept it over hurdles. Gitane du Berlais with 5lb allowance could be interesting.

LLCOOLSTEVE
04-03-2015, 04:22 PM
Moving onto another one of last year's successes... The JLT and Vautour. Am I mad to be looking elsewhere? 6/1 general for Valseur Lido who I think can reverse the Apache Stronghold form should he come on for his last run (which I expect). I really like Ptit Zig, but the fall slightly puts me off. Had it been a fall back in November, that's fine, but LTO faller always has me slightly wary.

I know connections love Splash of Ginge but the way I look at it is if the top 4 in the market run close to what they have done previously, he isn't getting near them, even with C&D form in handicaps.

The horse I liked last year (that Steve tried to put me off) ;) in the Grand Annual is being nibbled away at. The obvious reason is that Ned Buntline will be McCoys last ever Cheltenham Festival ride... Lump?

Can't remember that far back!

LLCOOLSTEVE
04-03-2015, 08:04 PM

Hope you got on earlier as the price will def collapse now!!!

@RacingPost: BREAKING: This year's Johnny Henderson Grand Annual Chase will be renamed in honour of Tony McCoy

LLCOOLSTEVE
04-03-2015, 08:07 PM
I just have at 8's ew

pauldrulez
04-03-2015, 08:19 PM
I'll go down in the morning! Everywhere holding at 8s at the minute.

LLCOOLSTEVE
04-03-2015, 08:21 PM
I can see it going off 3/1 on the day

Especially if he rides the gold cup winner!

eagles073
04-03-2015, 08:49 PM
Don't normally back ante post but backed Sprinter Sacre before Sire De Grugy impressive run at Chepstow, but have also backed it in a double with TNO.

pauldrulez
04-03-2015, 09:14 PM

I went down to Purley Ladbrokes as they're offering NRNB... Though I was nearly crashed into by 3 separate cars so it better be bloody worth it.

Also had a little bit on Sire Collonges in the Cross Country. 2 lengths behind Any Currency LTO. 7lb's better off this time. Think they'll come in as the 1-2 in the race as well, both have very good form over Course and Distance.

KentishEagle
04-03-2015, 09:18 PM

What horse is this we should be backing E/W in the Grand Annual? Ned Buntline now 6/1 with PP?

LLCOOLSTEVE
04-03-2015, 09:21 PM
What horse is this we should be backing E/W in the Grand Annual? Ned Buntline now 6/1 with PP?

Yes Ned Buntline

McCoys last ever festival ride, the race is now to be named in his honour for this year.

KentishEagle
04-03-2015, 09:22 PM
Yes Ned Buntline

McCoys last ever festival ride, the race is now to be named in his honour for this year.

Thank you :p

LLCOOLSTEVE
04-03-2015, 09:50 PM
McCoy could of course also choose eastlake or alderwood in that race!

pauldrulez
04-03-2015, 11:14 PM
McCoy could of course also choose eastlake or alderwood in that race!

Alderwood won it 2 years ago. Money talks though.

Only worry is Ned Buntline doesn't seem like a horse to suit AP's style. Should've won it last year under Carberry but was very lazy.

aj4england
05-03-2015, 10:06 AM
Read an interesting stat regarding Geraghty when he rides for other trainers. Is 13/100 at the festival for Henderson while 6/30 for other mounts. Last year had More Of That and Jezki.

JamTheEagle
05-03-2015, 10:24 AM
Cole Harden has had a breathing op since his poor run LTO (as has Shantou Bob who I might have a small bet on if he goes the AB route). 25/1 seems big in an open race, would rather chance a horse I have always liked than back dogs like Zarkandar etc at single figures.

pauldrulez
05-03-2015, 11:02 AM
Cole Harden has had a breathing op since his poor run LTO (as has Shantou Bob who I might have a small bet on if he goes the AB route). 25/1 seems big in an open race, would rather chance a horse I have always liked than back dogs like Zarkandar etc at single figures.

Agree with you, that race is full of possible winners.

I like the 3 Irish horses there that are at big prices (Lieutenant Colonel, Monksland, Jetson) but it's hard enough trying to split them.

I'm happy enough with my 16s on Whisper anyway.

pauldrulez
05-03-2015, 11:16 AM
There seems to be a lot of love about for Hargam in the recent preview nights...

I just don't see it.

Three races - Beat Starchitect by 6 lengths off level weights. Peace & Co beat Starchitect by 19 lengths giving 3 pounds.
Defeated Karezak by 2.5L at Cheltenham, but Karezak was giving him 3lb.
2nd to Golden Doyen by 3/4 length, with Golden Doyen again giving him 3lb, and only 6 lengths clear of Starchitect, with Starchitect giving 8lb that day.

Golden Doyen has since been mullered by Top Notch by 2.5L off level weights.

I just don't see how it can be 6/1 and I think I will be backing both of King's runners at 20s instead.

JamTheEagle
05-03-2015, 11:21 AM
Ground the key to Whisper, he is a class horse though indeed.

If I am up by the time of the bumper, unlikely!, Moon Racer may be my third and last bet in it, despite his daft price.

I will wait for Monday to bet on Douvan, bookies will 100% do enhanced price specials on him.

More I look at Don Cossack, the more I can't get away from him in the Ryanair.

pauldrulez
05-03-2015, 11:21 AM
To dig a little deeper. Beltor was 14 lengths ahead of Bivouac in the Adonis. Bivouac finished 14 1/2 lengths behind Peace & Co

Beltor is much better value at 7s than Hargam at 6s.

aj4england
05-03-2015, 11:22 AM
Agree with you, that race is full of possible winners.

I like the 3 Irish horses there that are at big prices (Lieutenant Colonel, Monksland, Jetson) but it's hard enough trying to split them.

I'm happy enough with my 16s on Whisper anyway.

Monksland wants good ground for sure and seems to be the pick of the irish according to what I have heard.

pauldrulez
05-03-2015, 11:23 AM
Ground the key to Whisper, he is a class horse though indeed.

If I am up by the time of the bumper, unlikely!, Moon Racer may be my third and last bet in it, despite his daft price.

I will wait for Monday to bet on Douvan, bookies will 100% do enhanced price specials on him.

More I look at Don Cossack, the more I can't get away from him in the Ryanair.

I'm thinking the same as you on all 4 points... slightly worrying for you!

I've left my bets on Supreme, Mares and the 4 miler to do on Monday. I'm hoping they may give a half decent price on Glens Melody to finish 2nd (or 1st without AP), it'll save me putting any effort into checking out the rest of the race then.

pauldrulez
05-03-2015, 11:25 AM
The more I look at the Triumph (on the English side anyway), it's one of the easiest races to study form-wise. There's horses all over the place and they're fitting together well.

JamTheEagle
05-03-2015, 11:27 AM
For a horse that Ricci said isn't going to Cheltenham, there sure seems to be a lot of bookies cutting her for the 4miler still...

JamTheEagle
05-03-2015, 11:29 AM
The more I look at the Triumph (on the English side anyway), it's one of the easiest races to study form-wise. There's horses all over the place and they're fitting together well.

I heard before the season that Peace And Co was their horse for this race. Not really looking at much else, will hope to get an enhanced price on the day though.

pauldrulez
05-03-2015, 11:55 AM
I heard before the season that Peace And Co was their horse for this race. Not really looking at much else, will hope to get an enhanced price on the day though.

5/2 is reasonable judging by the form. Think the 2 King runners are well held at around 5 lengths back to P&C, Hargam is a little bit back on them, but the form varies. If you remove the result where Karezak finished 18L ahead of Golden Doyen, then I have Hargam a length or so behind Karezak on the adjusted weights.

Pain au Chocolat beat Old Guard by 7 lengths but was getting 4lb. Karezak beat Old Guard by a neck but was giving 6lb. So for me, there's not a great amount in it. 6 1/2 lengths but 10lb difference.

It's a tough race and whichever way I go, I think I'll be wrong!

aj4england
05-03-2015, 12:00 PM
Agree with the Hargam posts. Not a horse I can be backing at those prices.

Actually going to leave my almost all my Tuesday bets until Monday or the day.

Another stat regarding Annie Power, which seems to be a lot of peoples banker, only 4.4% out of 228 of horses have won having not run in the previous 200 days, most of these figures made up by Quevaga.

aj4england
05-03-2015, 12:11 PM
Just got sent a free 5 bet. Went for a treble, Faugheen, Don Cossack and Peace & Co at 22/1

LLCOOLSTEVE
05-03-2015, 12:20 PM
Calipto for the 100k bonus?

aj4england
05-03-2015, 12:35 PM
Calipto for the 100k bonus?

Doesnt look a bad shout!

aj4england
05-03-2015, 12:40 PM
Having a quick through the Gold Cup on my lunch and Boston Bob grabs my attention. Better ground should almost definately suit, spring wins last year and watching the Hennessey back, despite some poor jumping (partly due to the ground) all the other horses were off the bridle before him. 25/1 seems a good price.

pauldrulez
05-03-2015, 12:42 PM
Just got sent a free 5 bet. Went for a treble, Faugheen, Don Cossack and Peace & Co at 22/1

I went for Don Poli, Don Cossack and Douvan for the triple D special with my Skybet free fiver on Monday. Pays 242.50 without the stake.

pauldrulez
05-03-2015, 12:43 PM
Having a quick through the Gold Cup on my lunch and Boston Bob grabs my attention. Better ground should almost definately suit, spring wins last year and watching the Hennessey back, despite some poor jumping (partly due to the ground) all the other horses were off the bridle before him. 25/1 seems a good price.
Good ground will suit, but Ruby said at a preview yesterday that it wouldn't surprise him to see him turn up in the Ryanair. 25s there as well

aj4england
05-03-2015, 01:02 PM
Thats good odds paul! Douvan not a horse i fancy but can see why people do.

Boston Bob, would be tough to back in the Ryanair, but shorter trip may suit. No Irish trainers have won the Ryanair to date though...

LLCOOLSTEVE
05-03-2015, 06:05 PM
really want to know where Barrakilla is going

pauldrulez
05-03-2015, 09:42 PM
I missed that Silver Concorde had been pulled out of the Supreme.

Do I have to wait until after the race to collect my NRNB returns?

Gooders
06-03-2015, 08:10 AM
Just had a look at the card for day 1. Doesn't seem to be any value there at all - looks like a day for watching rather than betting for a small stakes punter like me.

Mullins could clean up.

aj4england
06-03-2015, 08:37 AM
Just had a look at the card for day 1. Doesn't seem to be any value there at all - looks like a day for watching rather than betting for a small stakes punter like me.

Mullins could clean up.

My thoughts exactly.

Chasing the long shot outsiders of small stakes for me, Court Minstrel in the Arkle was 65 on betfair now into 36 :D

Tomo
06-03-2015, 08:57 AM
Really struggling to put together my accumulator for the week together at the moment.

Tomo
06-03-2015, 09:00 AM
Will probably put weekly bets on over the weekend apart from Tuesday when I'm there. Willing to sacrifice the best odds.

aj4england
06-03-2015, 10:50 AM
Really struggling to put together my accumulator for the week together at the moment.

How many horses you looking to do?

Jimmy cabbie
06-03-2015, 11:13 AM
All the bookies are fighting for our money .. Some good first day offers. Loads offering money back (free bet) for a 25 stake. Worth a go for sure .. Then lose it the next day.

Tomo
06-03-2015, 11:21 AM
I tend to pick 5 or 6 horses and do a few multiples with them. Previous years I've been quite sure by now which 6 but this year not so much. I've picked a few horses I fancy e/w.

pauldrulez
06-03-2015, 11:23 AM
I may have one or two more accumulator attempts.

1 will have No More Heroes, Holywell, Ned Buntline and one other.

The other will be lower odds and probably 5 of them.

Tomo
06-03-2015, 11:28 AM
Off top of my head one will include:
Druids Nephew
Don Poli
Douvan/Windsor Park
Peace & Co

LLCOOLSTEVE
06-03-2015, 11:33 AM
Ned buntline now 5/1 in places

pauldrulez
06-03-2015, 11:43 AM
The Druids Nephew, No More Heroes, Sire Collonges and Holywell e/w acca.

Ned Buntline, Edeymi, Don Poli, Don Cossack and The New One e/w acca. If they all place, it pays 17s, so worth a shot.

LLCOOLSTEVE
06-03-2015, 12:30 PM
The Druids Nephew, No More Heroes, Sire Collonges and Holywell e/w acca.

Ned Buntline, Edeymi, Don Poli, Don Cossack and The New One e/w acca. If they all place, it pays 17s, so worth a shot.

It all seems so easy and simple right now

Bet we have 33/1 winners all over the place

pauldrulez
06-03-2015, 12:53 PM
It all seems so easy and simple right now

Bet we have 33/1 winners all over the place

As long as one of those 33/1 winners is Dell Arca in the Coral Cup, that'd be just fine ;)

But I agree, all this research and months of discussion as a group... And none of us will have a winner on day 1!

JamTheEagle
06-03-2015, 12:55 PM
If it wasn't a McManus horse I would 100% write off Ned Buntline, that price is horrendous as well. He is worse off at the weights with quite a few runners from last year who have had breathing ops etc. Not a race I'll be betting on until the day and if I feel like it, looks awful!

JamTheEagle
06-03-2015, 01:02 PM
No idea if he will get in but Rocky Wednesday would be interesting. Heavily entered though.

LLCOOLSTEVE
06-03-2015, 01:02 PM
If it wasn't a McManus horse I would 100% write off Ned Buntline, that price is horrendous as well. He is worse off at the weights with quite a few runners from last year who have had breathing ops etc. Not a race I'll be betting on until the day and if I feel like it, looks awful!

I only got on at 8's ew as I knew it would be value compared to the price on the day given the news about McCoy and that particular race.

I do though think it had a prep race over hurdles to protect its chase mark that would suggest it's well handicapped

LLCOOLSTEVE
06-03-2015, 01:20 PM

Edeymi now 8/1 everywhere

LLCOOLSTEVE
06-03-2015, 01:21 PM
Camping Ground for the Imperial cup is very interesting

Still quite like this

11's I think

aj4england
06-03-2015, 02:14 PM
Edeymi now 8/1 everywhere

Worth jumping on this now or holding out?

aj4england
06-03-2015, 02:18 PM
Also i am going to a preview tonight, will keep you all informed.

pauldrulez
06-03-2015, 02:43 PM

Cheers mate.

pauldrulez
06-03-2015, 02:46 PM
I think 12/1 is madness on Shaneshill. Despite the fact he probably wants 2m4f, he has C+D form (well, 2nd) and enjoyed the hill. Big, big price in a race where it doesn't look like there are many options right now.

I would take advantage of Hills' offer of returning a free bet, but since I want to put the bet on in the shop, they expect me to return prior to the 2.40 race that day (so basically, in the hour after the race) to use the free bet. That seems fair considering I will be at the racecourse. Eejits

cantspell
06-03-2015, 02:48 PM

Likewise I am at the Sandown one tomorrow

Not listened to this yet but here's the link to the Betdaq one yesterday scroll down for the soundclouds

http://www.betdaqtips.com/2015/03/06/cheltenham-preview-podcasts/

LLCOOLSTEVE
06-03-2015, 04:03 PM
Don Poli confirmed for RSA

It's a hot race imo as is the Ryanair

LLCOOLSTEVE
06-03-2015, 05:51 PM
Don Poli confirmed for RSA

It's a hot race imo as is the Ryanair

and Very Wood also runs in the RSA?!

WTF

pauldrulez
06-03-2015, 06:46 PM

WTF

Hello Vroum Vroum Mag...

aj4england
07-03-2015, 02:12 PM
Rock on Ruby misses Cheltenham. Shame.

JamTheEagle
07-03-2015, 02:13 PM
Great news for me!

JamTheEagle
07-03-2015, 02:15 PM
Hello Vroum Vroum Mag...

She is my saver really and was a fun/smart bet, happier as I had 50 on Cause Of Causes.

KentishEagle
07-03-2015, 02:32 PM
She is my saver really and was a fun/smart bet, happier as I had 50 on Cause Of Causes.

So which race is VVM likely to be entered Into?

JamTheEagle
07-03-2015, 02:37 PM
So which race is VVM likely to be entered Into?

None, according to Ricci...

KentishEagle
07-03-2015, 02:44 PM
Ahh ... Ok

JamTheEagle
07-03-2015, 02:47 PM
I think they'll run in the 4miler, have done all along - especially now the race is cutting up as expected. It's NRNB so no harm in backing :)

cantspell
07-03-2015, 09:01 PM
Apologies I posted Cheltenham preview detail in the horse racing thread

LLCOOLSTEVE
07-03-2015, 11:38 PM
Rich coast in the county hurdle
The job is right in the 4 miler on the first day

LLCOOLSTEVE
08-03-2015, 11:04 AM
Quite like All Yours in the Fred Winter

aj4england
08-03-2015, 01:43 PM
Rich coast in the county hurdle
The job is right in the 4 miler on the first day

The job is right? Must be reading his form a lot different to me!

LLCOOLSTEVE
09-03-2015, 11:06 AM

WTF

Double u turn by Gigginstown!

Now runs in the 4 miler, as originally planned!

pauldrulez
09-03-2015, 11:13 AM
Double u turn by Gigginstown!

Now runs in the 4 miler, as originally planned!

Wankers

pauldrulez
09-03-2015, 11:14 AM
Thomas Crapper just gets in to the last!

LLCOOLSTEVE
09-03-2015, 12:01 PM
Got on Barrakilla at 14/1 ew with betvictor in the 2.40 tomorrow, 12/1 elsewhere plus victor paying 5 places

aj4england
09-03-2015, 12:13 PM
Tell Us More goes in the Supreme. Bit of a surprise?

pauldrulez
09-03-2015, 01:10 PM

Think it has not much chance in the Supreme, whereas the Neptune is wide open.

Gigginstown haven't got a Supreme horse, but they have a couple of Neptune options, so moved TUM instead disappointingly. Lucky I had NRNB!

JamTheEagle
09-03-2015, 01:16 PM

Annoying as I don't really want to back him in that race, think Douvan is a shoe-in - don't want to back him or take him though really.

How long until Faugheen goes evens across the boards? 7pm my bet.

LLCOOLSTEVE
09-03-2015, 01:21 PM
Annoying as I don't really want to back him in that race, think Douvan is a shoe-in - don't want to back him or take him though really.

How long until Faugheen goes evens across the boards? 7pm my bet.

Opened an account to get their 4/1 faugheen offer

Max 10 bet though

JamTheEagle
09-03-2015, 01:23 PM
Opened an account to get their 4/1 faugheen offer

Max 10 bet though

Who what where?!

JamTheEagle
09-03-2015, 01:24 PM
Ah **** is it 888?

saul1664
09-03-2015, 01:28 PM
5/4 with betfair, I'd take that incase Douvan wins.

CheeseRolls
09-03-2015, 01:32 PM
Like the look of Seedling in the first.

It's a decent EW bet at 20's.

aj4england
09-03-2015, 01:34 PM
Paid in cash too! Can't really turn that down

aj4england
09-03-2015, 01:35 PM
Like the look of Seedling in the first.

It's a decent EW bet at 20's.

Was this one but went for Shaneshill purely for Cheltenham form. Wide open race IMO.

LLCOOLSTEVE
09-03-2015, 01:37 PM
Ah **** is it 888?

Sorry yeah, forgot the important bit :D

LLCOOLSTEVE
09-03-2015, 01:37 PM
Coneygree looking like gold cup ffs

JamTheEagle
09-03-2015, 01:53 PM
Whoever was asking about NRNB refunds, just got mine from Bet365 so :)

JamTheEagle
09-03-2015, 05:14 PM
2/1 Douvan with PP, finally someone taking some bets.

Gooders
09-03-2015, 07:10 PM
Will do a Placepot tomorrow and maybe these 4 for a small-stakes E/W L15:

1.30 Seedling
2.40 Monbeg Dude
4.40 Cause Of Causes
5.15 Irish Cavalier

LLCOOLSTEVE
09-03-2015, 08:19 PM
2/1 Douvan with PP, finally someone taking some bets.

And billy hills

UDS 8/11 too

LLCOOLSTEVE
09-03-2015, 08:20 PM
Notice Barrakilla has been well backed :)

aj4england
09-03-2015, 09:18 PM
Backed Barrakilla tomorrow as well as Lamb Or Cod which may be a strange choice but feel that this horse has always been its target, 3 prep runs at Cheltenham this year, should settle well and not phased by bigger field.

Court Minstrel and Sail By The Sea were my two ante post bets for the Arkle, when the favourite is so short a few pounds on 50/1+ shots seems value in my eyes. Court Minstrel should like the ground and Pipe has a good record of long shots in this race, Western Warhorse last year at 33s and His Excellency placed two years ago at 80s.

JamTheEagle
09-03-2015, 09:31 PM

Paul Moloney riding? No ******* thanks.

JamTheEagle
09-03-2015, 09:36 PM
Thought Cape Tribulation was big at 40/1, worth forgiving and hope that Cheltenham re-ignites him. About the right price for me to even be interested in that dog of a race!

CheeseRolls
09-03-2015, 09:57 PM
Seedling
Mendip Express
Vaniteux
Thomas Crapper

Each Way L15

pauldrulez
09-03-2015, 10:03 PM
http://theeaglesbeak.com/2015/03/cheltenham-festival-2015-day-1/

This from me... Bit different to last year, and I've got most of my bets up on the site in the betting competition!

pauldrulez
09-03-2015, 10:06 PM

Pricewise I think

cantspell
09-03-2015, 10:19 PM
Anyone in best mate enclosure on Weds?

JamTheEagle
09-03-2015, 10:42 PM
Annie Power evens max 100 in Ladbrokes stores tomorrow apparently

pauldrulez
09-03-2015, 10:46 PM
Pricewise I think

I'm wrong...

saul1664
10-03-2015, 02:48 AM
Annie Power evens max 100 in Ladbrokes stores tomorrow apparently

Still wouldn't want it.

Enfield eagle
10-03-2015, 07:53 AM
Jollyallan today

cantspell
10-03-2015, 07:59 AM
wrong thread

LLCOOLSTEVE
10-03-2015, 08:06 AM
:lux:

Biggineagle
10-03-2015, 08:11 AM
A pony on thomas crapper today for me :)

cantspell
10-03-2015, 08:25 AM
Just seen Annie power on morning line she looks fantastic

pauldrulez
10-03-2015, 08:35 AM
The New One is 5s with Hills. Which is ridiculous value on the e/w 1/4 terms

Slightly regretting taking 7/2 last week like a fool.

aj4england
10-03-2015, 08:41 AM
The New One is 5s with Hills. Which is ridiculous value on the e/w 1/4 terms

Slightly regretting taking 7/2 last week like a fool.

Same :sob:

jazman
10-03-2015, 08:48 AM
It's finally here!

Have a look at what Paul's (pauldrulez) tips for day 1 are here. There will be an article every day this week.

http://theeaglesbeak.com/2015/03/cheltenham-festival-2015-day-1/

JamTheEagle
10-03-2015, 09:07 AM
Paul, TNO is 8/1 with Ladbrokes. Not sure if new accounts only though

CharlieCPFC
10-03-2015, 09:25 AM
Theatre Guide 16/1 ew 2.40.

dannyboy1807
10-03-2015, 09:38 AM
13.30 Qewy
14.05 Josses Hill
14.40 Gevry Chambertin
15.20 Hurricane Fly
16.00 Hidden Identity (E/W)
16.40 Cogry
17.15 Irish Cavalier

Beckenham Boy
10-03-2015, 09:41 AM
Seems like a good time for Bet365 to be down...

ChickenDipper
10-03-2015, 10:51 AM
1st race – Seeding e/w
2nd race – Sargeant Reckless e/w
3rd race – Monbeg Dude e/w
4th race – Hurricane Fly e/w (big odds considering he beat Jezki a few weekes back and he is @ 4/1!!)
5th race – Bit of a puzzle e/w
6th race – Cogry e/w
7th race – Irish cavalier e/w

pauldrulez
10-03-2015, 11:08 AM
Dell Arca stays in the Coral Cup.

33/1 looks an absolute bargain now.

aj4england
10-03-2015, 11:42 AM
Dell Arca stays in the Coral Cup.

33/1 looks an absolute bargain now.

Cheers Paul, I got on this when you mentioned it last week :p

Gooders
10-03-2015, 11:43 AM
As a wise old punting fella once said to me "talk about great prices after the race".

saul1664
10-03-2015, 11:50 AM
Cheltenham more or less picks itself, not my thing to play massive handicaps, so 3 of the races are untouchable. Best bet of the meeting today in Faugheen though.

1.30 L'ami Serge

Douvan comes to me too short today, with his best form a victory in a grade 2 at 1/3, and we've seen hotpots turned over in this race before. In any case the form of L'Ami Serge is far better, his 14L crushing in a Grade 1 last time out the most impressive form on show, and I'm not really looking at anything else to get a foothold here.

2.05 Vibrato Valtat (e/w)

Don't want to take on UDS at odds on, nothing wrong with his level of form, and the fact that he ran away with it (in a 4 runner field) at Leopardstown last time, but he has a fall this season, hasn't run at Cheltenham, and may be a little headstrong (is the jockey controlling the horse, or is the horse just running away with the jockey), but he'll still be hard to beat, so it's a bet to nothing for an each way tickle on Vibrato Valtat who has good progressive form, the fact that Josses Hill is 3rd favourite says a lot about the chances of the others.

3.20 Faugheen

Banker of the meeting. Unbeaten, and a fine looking horse, has a high cruising speed and likely to get everything else off the bridle a long way out, and doesn't look like stopping, hard to see any flaws at all, in either his running style, or something that will stop him winning today (the odd sloppy jump perhaps, but that's never stopped him before). The others all have flaws, The New One has had jumping problems all season, and we know what happened last time, he can't afford to be sloppy here and is going to be under pressure from the start, just does not appeal to me. Hurricane Fly after beating Jezki was available at around 22 on BF, now down to 10/5, the value has gone and he had to be pushed along from some way out to catch Jezki again at Leopardstown last time out, and will have far too much to do, likewise Jezki hasn't been at his best all season and can't really see him turning over Faugheen, Vaniteux at 33, who has not been out of the first 3 at Cheltenham may have a squeak of a place chance.

4.00 Glens Melody (e/w)

Revolves around Annie Power, who you have to take on trust following a leg injury and seems vulnerable today at odds on, so I'd rather back stablemate Glen's Melody who was 2nd in this last year each way as a bet to nothing.

Good luck.

aj4england
10-03-2015, 12:16 PM
As a wise old punting fella once said to me "talk about great prices after the race".

True :p

aj4england
10-03-2015, 12:30 PM
Cant really argue with your post Saul, but havent backed any of them :)

LLCOOLSTEVE
10-03-2015, 12:40 PM
I think the new one is a massive price now

Bubble Wrap
10-03-2015, 12:51 PM
Perfect Gentleman and Horizontal Speed will run very well today.