PDA

View Full Version : Millwalls' Demise.

Supa Pard
07-03-2015, 07:00 PM
Isn't it wonderful?
But as wonderful as it is, I can't help but feel sympathy for Holloway.
I never rated him as a manager. Whether it was with us or elsewhere but he out-thought both Poyet and Zola to get us to the prem.
I ain't got owt but contempt for classless wankers like Millscum but I've still got time for Ollie.
Pretty sure he'll get the old tin tack this weekend but best of luck, Ollie.

old git
07-03-2015, 07:03 PM
I don't get the animosity towards Holloway.He got us up but was found out against better managers.Hardly his fault.

Supa Pard
07-03-2015, 07:10 PM
I don't get the animosity but I do understand the dislike.
Not from me though.

If I recall correctly, he won his first 3 games in charge. It was after that point that you could see the tinkering from him of a winning formula.
Still, all worked out brilliantly though.
I wish him nothing but the best....just as long as he gets those ***** relegated before they swing the axe.

KentEagle1
07-03-2015, 08:19 PM
Like Holloway, Hate Millwall

biggus mickus
07-03-2015, 08:24 PM
Like Holloway, Hate Millwall

Agree.

ghettoeagleSE
08-03-2015, 09:22 AM
Sooner the better they go down. Detest the pikeys. Funny this because I was heading to Lewisham from Elephant & Castle yesterday an hour before kick off, which meant going down the Old Kent Road and only saw 4 fans round there. Looks like their fans are diminishing too.

Billy Rhino
08-03-2015, 09:40 AM
I notice their forums are all members only now as they cant take the flack. Good riddance, couldn't happen to a more deserving club.

917L
08-03-2015, 09:46 AM
Sooner the better they go down. Detest the pikeys. Funny this because I was heading to Lewisham from Elephant & Castle yesterday an hour before kick off, which meant going down the Old Kent Road and only saw 4 fans round there. Looks like their fans are diminishing too.

Never heard anyone call Millwall pikeys before, a term usually reserved for the clowns

New LP
08-03-2015, 10:15 AM
Never heard anyone call Millwall pikeys before, a term usually reserved for the clowns

It sums them up well though.

Nucking Futcase
08-03-2015, 10:19 AM
Calling Millwall 'Pikeys' is an insult to Pikeys?! Surely?

Del Fenner
08-03-2015, 10:37 AM
Calling Millwall "pikeys" is ignorant and factually incorrect. "The scum" is correct.

KYLIE MINEAGLE
08-03-2015, 11:08 AM
I have always hated Millwall. That is all.

ardeo
08-03-2015, 12:09 PM

I was driving home about 1:30pm and went right past South Bermondsey station and close to the New Den, there were more coppers about than fans, and traffic wasn't bad at all.

eagle mart
08-03-2015, 12:21 PM
Mates bro in law is Captain. He's young, Milwall through and through. Holloway made him that to get fans onside I think.

CPFC since 1989
08-03-2015, 12:41 PM
Let's all laugh at Millwall

Mat ov CPFC
08-03-2015, 01:12 PM
Part of me actually feels a little sad. I know its a terrible thing to admit but I come from a Millwall supporting heritage and there is a dark part of my pschye that actually has a bizarre fondness for all that 'no one likes us, we don't care' mentality. I get it, I really do. Not saying its a good thing but I also cannot pretend that it does not exist.

I have friends and family who are adrent Millwall fans and, to be fair to them, they support their local side and do so through thick and thin.

Of course, should they go down, the better part of me will be as chuffed as a chuffed thing but I would much rather have them as active rivals as opposed to some long lost memory.

There, but for the Grace of God, I would have been at the Den and I cannot wish that alter-ego too much harm or ill-will.

Now I have had 'exchanges' with Millwall fans in the past and am certainly not defending them but at least they are a proper football club and you would certainly never see a 'half & half' scarf on sale at the Den. Unlike certain other of our 'rivals'.

OK. I will be honest. I now want us to return to our traditional primary rivallry with Millwall. And that needs them as a viable footballing concern. Brighton are now not worth the effort. I have said it. I have come out of the closet on this one.

Heb 7:4
08-03-2015, 01:47 PM
Part of me actually feels a little sad. I know its a terrible thing to admit but I come from a Millwall supporting heritage and there is a dark part of my pschye that actually has a bizarre fondness for all that 'no one likes us, we don't care' mentality. I get it, I really do. Not saying its a good thing but I also cannot pretend that it does not exist.

Lol. No one cares more about not being liked than Millwall. They are obsessed with it, and it is all you ever hear sung at the Den now.

the drexciyan
08-03-2015, 02:28 PM
Lol. No one cares more about not being liked than Millwall. They are obsessed with it, and it is all you ever hear sung at the Den now.

Yea, probably originates from when the finger of suspicion pointed at them for the loads of stuff that disappeared on a regular basis from the ships docking at Surrey Quays.

little al
08-03-2015, 06:46 PM
No one likes us, no one cares.

SJ'sLoveMonkey
08-03-2015, 06:59 PM

This exactly

danpalace07
09-03-2015, 05:48 PM

They don't like it when you say this to them :p

waddoneagle
19-03-2015, 06:18 PM
https://scontent-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/1484683_10152873712827800_5321200711785221115_n.jp g?oh=c15ce53726a10f8bf1921d8f2771890a&oe=5581680B

Pistol Knight
19-03-2015, 06:44 PM
https://scontent-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/1484683_10152873712827800_5321200711785221115_n.jp g?oh=c15ce53726a10f8bf1921d8f2771890a&oe=5581680B

:D:D

Supa Pard
19-03-2015, 06:50 PM
I was expecting a Smart car.

Palace_Akie
19-03-2015, 06:57 PM

Love it. They'll still find a way to fight each other too on that.

Pinkie Brown
14-05-2015, 03:41 PM
Just noticed that 4 teams get relegated from Division 3 - if I was Millwall I'd be mighty worried about next year!

Bangkok Eagle
16-05-2015, 04:08 AM
Thoroughly enjoyable.

knowlesyUCLA
01-09-2015, 09:28 PM
Millwall had 2050 at the den tonight. 500 less than we took to Norwich.

danpalace07
01-09-2015, 09:36 PM
Millwall had 2050 at the den tonight. 500 less than we took to Norwich.

surely not...

New LP
01-09-2015, 09:55 PM
It says 8374 on the bbc website.

Far East Eagle
01-09-2015, 11:06 PM
I'm sure we were close to 10k in the Championship at times

CharlieCPFC
02-09-2015, 04:10 AM
I'm sure we were close to 10k in the Championship at times

Lowest we got to was around the 12-13K mark, and that was after 7-8 season mark. That was also considered below average at that time for us. Millwall's first season back in the championship only saw them get crowds of about 12K. I remember against Leeds (their cup final) at home in the play offs and the ground weren't even half packed.

They're a much smaller club than ours. I can't even bare to take the piss out of them no more they are so insignificant. Quite sad in fact.

Dorking .Eagle
02-09-2015, 04:50 AM
^ comparing attendances. That's a very Br*ghton thing to do.

TheMexicanHorse
02-09-2015, 05:49 AM
Attendance was 2,050 with 222 visiting fans.

It was a JPT game in fairness

3 Beers at HT
02-09-2015, 08:06 AM
Attendance was 2,050 with 222 visiting fans.

It was a JPT game in fairness

How many of the f*ckwits will turn up if they get to the Final?

(Stop laughing at the back!!)

CharlieCPFC
02-09-2015, 09:07 AM
^ comparing attendances. That's a very Br*ghton thing to do.

Maybe it's the Brighton air that's doing it to me.

But like it or lump it attendances is part of what decides an opinion on the size of club. Brighton can't be taken seriously as they've never consistently had the crowds they do.

A club that's 52 miles aways doesn't really have much interest to me with their attendances. A club which is the closest to us in our catchment however, does.

SeanPalace84
05-09-2015, 11:28 PM
Millwall really are a meaningless club anymore. I can't even feel sorry for them.

Crozzy71
06-09-2015, 07:16 AM
I think the yank ex-marine owner is playing the long game.

Look vaguely interested, make the right noises, but gradually bring the club to its knees.

He ceases funding and they enter administration. Nobody gives a shit about them so they won't be saved at which point it's liquidation and he can develop the land for housing.

Apparently.

Nth Kent Eagle
06-09-2015, 07:24 AM
The area around Millwall can only go up in value. Gentrification spreading South and South East towards Canada Water and beyond. Long term future looks bleak and the councils may not help as they need land for housing. May actually benefit them if the can find somewhere around Dartford but even there demand for land is rising with a need for a new crossing, massive housing estates, the new town and theme park.

bradpitt
06-09-2015, 08:41 AM

And then start fighting each other...

Wandle_Eagle
07-09-2015, 10:04 AM
I think the yank ex-marine owner is playing the long game.

Look vaguely interested, make the right noises, but gradually bring the club to its knees.

He ceases funding and they enter administration. Nobody gives a shit about them so they won't be saved at which point it's liquidation and he can develop the land for housing.

Apparently.

Really, build housing in the middle of that industrial estate, can't see it myself.

Vince Hilaire's Afro
07-09-2015, 11:17 AM
Pat Butcher's Tits were already in a state of decline. Now, they're practically warming her toes.

Crofty
07-09-2015, 02:22 PM
Every time I am approaching London Bridge station on the train from Forest Hill, I am hard-pressed to tell the difference between the rubbish recycling centre to the right of the tracks and Millwall's ground to the left.

East-End Eagle
07-09-2015, 02:39 PM
Wigan RL team played there at the weekend, got a crowd of 8,000. So rugby league team from up north can draw the same crowd as the Local football team. Worrying times for our cousins up the road....

northernsouler
07-09-2015, 05:45 PM
Every time I am approaching London Bridge station on the train from Forest Hill, I am hard-pressed to tell the difference between the rubbish recycling centre to the right of the tracks and Millwall's ground to the left.

snap.

Typical Palace
07-09-2015, 06:38 PM

So the Young guard and Old timers can batter the granny out of each other in a coked up frenzy? Isn't that the way Wallers celebrate their big trips out to Wembley?

Jim Cannon
07-09-2015, 06:51 PM
So the Young guard and Old timers can batter the granny out of each other in a coked up frenzy? Isn't that the way Wallers celebrate their big trips out to Wembley?

That and nicking a policeman's helmet and hiding it in your jacket without realising you are being filmed by sky and your ugly mug is being seen by millions

Sharkba1t
08-09-2015, 07:20 AM
That and nicking a policeman's helmet and hiding it in your jacket without realising you are being filmed by sky and your ugly mug is being seen by millions

Yes, i remember that. What a genius.:lux:

DocSavage
09-09-2015, 01:27 PM

well if it helps there's an open day at the recycling centre on 20th september

The Parish Wig
09-09-2015, 01:51 PM
Perhaps you can take Selhurst Park along and get that recycled.

Payney
09-09-2015, 02:15 PM

Into a Toys R Us?

The Parish Wig
09-09-2015, 02:20 PM
Into a Toys R Us?

Perhaps a recycling centre maybe more achievable considering the state of the ground and in keeping with the area.

Selhurst Celtic
09-09-2015, 04:14 PM
Into a Toys R Us?

:D

Seagull-Eater_ Miss_Selhurst_ SE19_denizen
09-09-2015, 06:08 PM

one of them runs at a profit and does some good for the world, the other tries to recycle tired and hopeless footballers :sob:

SJ'sLoveMonkey
09-09-2015, 06:18 PM
Into a Toys R Us?

Boooooooom! :lux:

SJ'sLoveMonkey
09-09-2015, 06:19 PM
Perhaps a recycling centre maybe more achievable considering the state of the ground and in keeping with the area.

Yeah because Moulescomb is so salubrious you soppy Tarquin twunt

Timbo
09-09-2015, 06:20 PM
Poor old Millwall!

Nth Kent Eagle
09-09-2015, 06:34 PM

Nope, unlike certain other clubs our fans ensured that our home ground for the past 9 decades was not sold for an out of town retail park.

wigman
09-09-2015, 06:46 PM
Nope, unlike certain other clubs our fans ensured that our home ground for the past 9 decades was not sold for an out of town retail park.

Administration does have its plus points.

old git
09-09-2015, 06:47 PM
Administration does have its plus points.

So does sticking with your club when the going gets a little tough.
You should try it.

wigman
09-09-2015, 06:50 PM
So does sticking with your club when the going gets a little tough.
You should try it.

43 years and counting.:p

Supa Pard
09-09-2015, 07:26 PM

There's a very nice Burger King roughly where the North Stand used to be.

It's Mushroom Double Swiss-a-licious!

Typical Palace
09-09-2015, 09:12 PM
Seriously, what is sensible BHA fans account of this?

I think it could be put down to supporters not being as organised and politicised back then?

But how do BHA fans explain and rationalise the apparent failure to block the sale of the Goldstone?

Weren't Charlton fans fighting for the Valley at around the same time? You've got to respect Charlton for everything they did. It was probably more impressive than our fans protesting at Lloyds. It was a proper long term campaign involving democratic pressure through elections.

old git
10-09-2015, 06:25 AM

I think it could be put down to supporters not being as organised and politicised back then?

But how do BHA fans explain and rationalise the apparent failure to block the sale of the Goldstone?

Weren't Charlton fans fighting for the Valley at around the same time? You've got to respect Charlton for everything they did. It was probably more impressive than our fans protesting at Lloyds. It was a proper long term campaign involving democratic pressure through elections.
Charlton lost their ground too.
Brighton fans took up croquet.

The Parish Wig
10-09-2015, 07:31 AM

A short summary of events can be found here:
http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/indepth/falmerstadium/decadeofheadlines/

Here is Liam Brady's comments at the time.

I have played professional football for six clubs and been manager of two.
Football has been my life and having been involved in the professional game for the last 25 years I believe I know the people who support the game and what it means to them.
For supporters, football and the clubs they follow are part and parcel of their lives, if not in many cases the the most important aspect.
In general, supporting a club has less ups than downs [B]but Albion fans have suffered more than others. In fact in the last five years many of them believe they have been treated cavalierly by directors in control of the club.
I became manager of the Albion in 1993. Then the club had severe financial problems. [B]However, I witnessed at first hand how a certain style of management at director level could bring a club to the verge of extinction. Albion fans have demonstrated unbelievable determination in fighting to save their club. This determination demonstrates that this club will survive and eventually return to happier times.

10-09-2015, 07:42 AM
They just didn't care enough is the answer. Let their own ground be sold without so much as a whimper. Could have been at the ground chaining themselves to bulldozers but why bother, when you could just support Tottenham instead?

old git
10-09-2015, 07:42 AM

Football has been my life and having been involved in the professional game for the last 25 years I believe I know the people who support the game and what it means to them.
For supporters, football and the clubs they follow are part and parcel of their lives, if not in many cases the the most important aspect.
In general, supporting a club has less ups than downs [B]but Albion fans have suffered more than others. In fact in the last five years many of them believe they have been treated cavalierly by directors in control of the club.
I became manager of the Albion in 1993. Then the club had severe financial problems. [B]However, I witnessed at first hand how a certain style of management at director level could bring a club to the verge of extinction. Albion fans have demonstrated unbelievable determination in fighting to save their club. This determination demonstrates that this club will survive and eventually return to happier times.
:sob:

jjeagle
10-09-2015, 07:44 AM

A short summary of my thoughts can be found here>>> NO ONE GIVES A ****

The Parish Wig
10-09-2015, 07:44 AM
:sob:

It is a sad story O.G and one that does not follow your thoughts and comments on the history of the fans fight.

The Parish Wig
10-09-2015, 07:46 AM
A short summary of my thoughts can be found here>>> NO ONE GIVES A ****

I think Typical Palace does, thats why he posted the question.

The Parish Wig
10-09-2015, 07:47 AM
They just didn't care enough is the answer. Let their own ground be sold without so much as a whimper. Could have been at the ground chaining themselves to bulldozers but why bother, when you could just support Tottenham instead?

lol

old git
10-09-2015, 07:50 AM
It is a sad story O.G and one that does not follow your thoughts and comments on the history of the fans fight.

Funny how all your problems in the past are put down to corrupt /useless owners and nothing to do with the new BHA .Whereas our administrations are still something our new owners and the club itself should wear as a badge of dishonour.

The Parish Wig
10-09-2015, 07:56 AM
Funny how all your problems in the past are put down to corrupt /useless owners and nothing to do with the new BHA .Whereas our administrations are still something our new owners and the club itself should wear as a badge of dishonour.

So thats your gripe is it O.G

The fact that Brighton paid all their debts by selling their ground and never going into administration and Palace have faced that embarrassment twice in a decade. I do understand that you had to go into admin in 2010 as you did not own a ground to sell to cover your debts.

New LP
10-09-2015, 07:59 AM
Brighton fans did a lot to try and save their club when they were needed in years gone by; all 5,000 of them.

What they have to do with the current JCL's and Arsenal/Chelsea/Man U fans who sit in silence in the Lego set I don't really understand. They probably ask this question themselves.

old git
10-09-2015, 08:00 AM
So thats your gripe is it O.G

The fact that Brighton paid all their debts by selling their ground and never going into administration and Palace have faced that embarrassment twice in a decade. I do understand that you had to go into admin in 2010 as you did not own a ground to sell to cover your debts.

We didn't own it in 1999 either.

old git
10-09-2015, 08:00 AM
And you didn't pay ALL your debts

New LP
10-09-2015, 08:01 AM

Millwall, the only club who had their ground colour coordinated with a recycling plant.

The Parish Wig
10-09-2015, 08:04 AM
We didn't own it in 1999 either.

So again you couldn't sell the ground to pay your debts,so a penny in the pound Palace was born.

old git
10-09-2015, 08:04 AM
So again you couldn't sell the ground to pay your debts,so a penny in the pound Palace was born.

Why did you desert your club when needed ?

The Parish Wig
10-09-2015, 08:05 AM
And you didn't pay ALL your debts

Which ones were not paid to the creditor's satisfaction OG. I would be very interested to know and why were we not forced into admin because of them?

old git
10-09-2015, 08:06 AM
Which ones were not paid OG. I would be very interested to know?

See my signature.

The Parish Wig
10-09-2015, 08:08 AM
Why did you desert your club when needed ?

Nice quick edit there O.G

old git
10-09-2015, 08:10 AM
Nice quick edit there O.G

Where ?

The Parish Wig
10-09-2015, 08:10 AM
See my signature.

So they were happy with the settlement figure not to force us into admin unlike Agilo?

old git
10-09-2015, 08:14 AM
So they were happy with the settlement figure not to force us into admin unlike Agilo?

Agilo wanted all their money and Jordan couldn't pay it so they put us in.
I don't believe your creditors were happy but had no choice but to take what was offered as administration did not exist then.

The Parish Wig
10-09-2015, 08:21 AM
Agilo wanted all their money and Jordan couldn't pay it so they put us in.
I don't believe your creditors were happy but had no choice but to take what was offered as administration did not exist then.

What grounds can you say our creditors were unhappy. The settlement could have been a figure now with deferred payments until total debt was paid. Neither me or you will ever know the the structure of the deal. The only thing you can be positive about is we were not liquidated over our debts and have NEVER been in administration

old git
10-09-2015, 08:26 AM
What grounds can you say our creditors were unhappy. The settlement could have been a figure now with deferred payments until total debt was paid. Neither me or you will ever know the the structure of the deal. The only thing you can be positive about is we were not liquidated over our debts and have NEVER been in administration

No thanks to the fans.

The Parish Wig
10-09-2015, 08:29 AM
No thanks to the fans.

If you say so OG, if you say so. :S:

old git
10-09-2015, 08:36 AM
If you say so OG, if you say so. :S:

FACT.

10-09-2015, 09:09 AM
Which ones were not paid to the creditor's satisfaction OG. I would be very interested to know and why were we not forced into admin because of them?

Because you negotiated an informal arrangement with creditors, saying that although you owed x you couldn't pay it, so either they accepted y or they got nothing when the club was liquidated.

We negotiated a formal arrangement with creditors saying that although we owed x we couldn't pay it, so either they accepted y or they got nothing when the club was liquidated.

And then you let your ground be turned into a Toys R Us anyway. Shameful.

The Parish Wig
10-09-2015, 09:22 AM
Because you negotiated an informal arrangement with creditors, saying that although you owed x you couldn't pay it, so either they accepted y or they got nothing when the club was liquidated.

We negotiated a formal arrangement with creditors saying that although we owed x we couldn't pay it, so either they accepted y or they got nothing when the club was liquidated.

And then you let your ground be turned into a Toys R Us anyway. Shameful.

I think that's a little incorrect Heb, if the creditors of BHA had forced us into liquidation that would have meant the sale of the ground and all creditors would have been paid in full, as the ground value exceeded the debts.

Whereby Palace did not have a ground to sell and therefore did not have the assets to cover debts, hence the !p in the pound you paid your creditors.
You had sold your ground many years before without the fans putting up a fight. Shameful

Phil's Barber
10-09-2015, 09:26 AM
When did you stop pretending to be Palace on here?

SJ'sLoveMonkey
10-09-2015, 09:47 AM
Haha another weed masquerading as a fan of another club, they have form for that on here. Pathetic specimens

Payney
10-09-2015, 09:54 AM

The attitude of Brighton fans is really quiet repulsive.

They sneer at teams that have been placed into administration, They moan about teams that live outside FFP. And at the same time they never paid all their debts in full and the Penguin has given them a 200m (and counting) leg up. Staggering really.

Lawd Elpus
10-09-2015, 09:57 AM

Yet you complain because your former owner sold the Goldstone in the first place. You lot want to make your minds up.

BTW two of Palace's former chairmen asset stripped the club, which is the reason today we have such a restricted capacity with a supermarket chain owning most of the car park and two of our former training grounds owned by other companies with none of the freehold sale going back to the club.

You had no choice when Archer sold the Goldstone and neiter did we when our previous owners struck deals that saw them benefit from sales of club property.

SJ'sLoveMonkey
10-09-2015, 10:00 AM
The attitude of Brighton fans is really quiet repulsive.

They sneer at teams that have been placed into administration, They moan about teams that live outside FFP. And at the same time they never paid all their debts in full and the Penguin has given them a 200m (and counting) leg up. Staggering really.

Yeah but he has said he will convert the loan into shares so that makes it all tickety boo!

SJ'sLoveMonkey
10-09-2015, 10:02 AM
BHA rolling in hypocrisy as usual

thereichstuff
10-09-2015, 10:06 AM

Since they went top ? They've found their voice all of a sudden .

Jim Cannon
10-09-2015, 10:12 AM
Since they went top ? They've found their voice all of a sudden .

They still need to look up he words "marathon" and "sprint"

FraserH
10-09-2015, 10:22 AM
It is a good job Brighton will never go into administration now they have Big T and his billions. Must be one of the richest men in the world according to NSC. He must be pretty well off to be pouring millions down the drain each season and getting nowhere.

Selhurst Celtic
10-09-2015, 10:58 AM

That is the answer. Brighton isn't really a football town. It is to their eternal shame that they allowed their ground to be sold without a proper fight.

Nth Kent Eagle
10-09-2015, 11:03 AM
If Millwall were to go I wonder how long it would be before they became an ironic piece of history? Oh for a spot of time travel when as a young man on your way to watch Palace you had to walk from the New Cross stations to the Old Den. Head down, walk fast and hope not to get recognised by Millwall supporters from all the other local schools.

CPFC since 1989
10-09-2015, 12:06 PM
Millwall - so easy to laugh at

eaglejez
10-09-2015, 12:35 PM

yep - its hard to find a club with more newby fans in the league than Brighton - even more than MK Dons. They're also one of the biggest cheating clubs in history. Two things you cant throw at Millwall tbf

10-09-2015, 12:39 PM
yep - its hard to find a club with more newby fans in the league than Brighton - even more than MK Dons. They're also one of the biggest cheating clubs in history. Two things you cant throw at Millwall tbf

In fairness to the MK Dons fans, they seem to have embrased their club and are just MK Dons fans now.

Whereas at the Amex you hear a cheer on the concourses when it's announced Chelsea are winning.

old git
10-09-2015, 12:40 PM
Well he posted on the 29/04/13 and then left it until 21/12/13 when it looked like we were going down.
Started again in August 2014 ,probably when Pulis left, then disappeared until now.Typical Brighton only shows up during the good times.
:clown:

Ogilvy
10-09-2015, 03:35 PM
There are some really well thought through insightful posts on this thread, but ultimately one side supports a financially stable club sat 2nd in the Premier league, the others are Tesco bag bin rats. Surely this is quite an easy discussion,
'Our club was badly run and we knocked the St Johns Ambulance but you are Brighton, tomorrow we will still be 2nd in Europe's top league and financially sound but you will still be Brighton'

Jim Cannon
10-09-2015, 03:55 PM
If Millwall were to go I wonder how long it would be before they became an ironic piece of history? Oh for a spot of time travel when as a young man on your way to watch Palace you had to walk from the New Cross stations to the Old Den. Head down, walk fast and hope not to get recognised by Millwall supporters from all the other local schools.

The thing I find strange about Millwall is they are only even well known for hooliganism. Even Brighton have managed better than them.

eaglejez
10-09-2015, 04:19 PM
The thing I find strange about Millwall is they are only even well known for hooliganism. Even Brighton have managed better than them.

if you count core support Brighton and Millwall are similarly sized clubs

Typical Palace
10-09-2015, 04:46 PM
I think Typical Palace does, thats why he posted the question.

:)

little al
10-09-2015, 04:48 PM
In fairness to the MK Dons fans, they seem to have embrased their club and are just MK Dons fans now.

Whereas at the Amex you hear a cheer on the concourses when it's announced Chelsea/Arsenal/Spurs/Man Utd/West Ham/Liverpool etc are winning.

Sorted out your post for you.

Typical Palace
10-09-2015, 05:03 PM

Thanks for that TPW, but it doesn't really explain how the fans allowed it to happen. I wonder if fans are more organised now, chat rooms and social media make organising easier these days, fans are more politicised generally I'd reckon.

But there's no explanation why direct action didn't take place at the time. What were the Goldstone average gates at the time?

If this bloke Archer did that to Palace there would've surely been a contract on his head? Or is that a bit too south London? He'd have been hung by his ankles from the 12th floor of a high rise. Or are things more gentile in Sussex by the Sea?

Seriously, surely some BHA fans have gone after Archer and co in the years since? You can't let people get away with that.

Why weren't there pickets at his house or businesses? Demonstrations? Civil disobedience? I'm sorry but when the very existence of your club is at stake and all that's mustered is a 6,500 petition...? Well, that's a bit lame. But I wonder if the landscape was different then.

Phil's Barber
10-09-2015, 05:37 PM
Why weren't there pickets at his house or businesses? Demonstrations? Civil disobedience? I'm sorry but when the very existence of your club is at stake and all that's mustered is a 6,500 petition...? Well, that's a bit lame. But I wonder if the landscape was different then.

To be fair one of them sprayed Archer Out on a bridge over the A23. They're fooking mental that lot!

Nth Kent Eagle
10-09-2015, 05:46 PM

It's like in the first Green St film when they do the supposition bit explaining to American viewers why Millwall are significant in English football and they also try to explain rhyming slang.

Nth Kent Eagle
10-09-2015, 05:49 PM

Respecting Charlton fans does not come easy to me but yes you are correct. Remember the Valley Party? I wouldn't wish Jimmy Hill as chairman on anybody.

Billy Rhino
10-09-2015, 06:29 PM
When you look at it both us and all our local rivals have been shafted by unscrupulous owners in the past, including Millwall, Brighton, Charlton and Wimbledon. Trying to take the moral high-ground over something fans have little say over is really a bit pointless (although I guess it is just banter).

Anyway, as this thread is supposed to be about Millwall I think they are worthy of discussion, simply because they are a club now stuck in an identity crisis that could realistically see the end of them. Their fans really need to move out of the 1970's and move with the times, as hard as that may be to accept for the old "hardcore".

thereichstuff
10-09-2015, 06:54 PM
When you look at it both us and all our local rivals have been shafted by unscrupulous owners in the past, including Millwall, Brighton, Charlton and Wimbledon. Trying to take the moral high-ground over something fans have little say over is really a bit pointless (although I guess it is just banter).

Anyway, as this thread is supposed to be about Millwall I think they are worthy of discussion, simply because they are a club now stuck in an identity crisis that could realistically see the end of them. Their fans really need to move out of the 1970's and move with the times, as hard as that may be to accept for the old "hardcore".

Bwighton taking the " moral " high ground ? Whatever next . The weed has sidetracked this thread which should be about the demise of them lot .

danpalace07
10-09-2015, 07:16 PM
Thanks for that TPW, but it doesn't really explain how the fans allowed it to happen. I wonder if fans are more organised now, chat rooms and social media make organising easier these days, fans are more politicised generally I'd reckon.

But there's no explanation why direct action didn't take place at the time. What were the Goldstone average gates at the time?

If this bloke Archer did that to Palace there would've surely been a contract on his head? Or is that a bit too south London? He'd have been hung by his ankles from the 12th floor of a high rise. Or are things more gentile in Sussex by the Sea?

Seriously, surely some BHA fans have gone after Archer and co in the years since? You can't let people get away with that.

If in an alternate universe Parish turned out like him, he'd be hanging off the roof of the Holmesdale

5 mins on HOF will tell you this won't happen for years. Absolute wronguns, not even a braincell to share between them

El Aguila
10-09-2015, 07:31 PM

It always reminded me of "Deliverance".

Supa Pard
10-09-2015, 07:35 PM
Cold Blow Lane...how very apt for that shit hole.

Malarkey
10-09-2015, 07:44 PM
Sorry for the ignorance, but have I missed something? Who are Millwall?

Supa Pard
10-09-2015, 08:18 PM

Horrible racist scumbags. A scary place to go in the 70's/80's. A dockers area full of tough, hard dockers.

A few years on and all those old, tough, hard dockers who used to work hard all week then go to Millwall for a jolly up, punch up and watch the footy (not neccessarily in that order) are all dead and buried now.

These days they're a bunch of never was'es followed by little burburried up chavs from Bromley living off past reputations.

Bromley Lions indeed!

CPFC since 1989
10-09-2015, 09:07 PM

South London's number :moo: Poo

New LP
10-09-2015, 11:37 PM

It's all the Brighton fans have though isn't it? Well that and Croydon not being very nice and their stadium being shinier than ours. I would throw in the 1-0 win at Selhurst and the 3-0 at the Amex, but then these wins were quickly avenged....in fact in the case of the last one ruinously avenged.

New LP
10-09-2015, 11:40 PM
Horrible racist scumbags. A scary place to go in the 70's/80's. A dockers area full of tough, hard dockers.

A few years on and all those old, tough, hard dockers who used to work hard all week then go to Millwall for a jolly up, punch up and watch the footy (not neccessarily in that order) are all dead and buried now.

These days they're a bunch of never was'es followed by little burburried up chavs from Bromley living off past reputations.

Bromley Lions indeed!

Millwall, the most passionate fans in football if they are playing Leeds at home.

The most passionate fan in a pub in Bexleyheath or sitting at home picking his nose on a Saturday if they are not.

salad fan club
11-09-2015, 12:01 AM
Millwall, the most passionate fans in football if they are playing Leeds at home.

The most passionate fan in a pub in Bexleyheath or sitting at home picking his nose on a Saturday if they are not.

:lux::lux:

Nth Kent Eagle
11-09-2015, 08:41 AM

I was in Bexleyheath the other Sunday afternoon and the area is showing the first signs of going upmarket with new cafes and restaurants. Pleasant to see the numbers of our fans in Bexleyheath, Crayford, Erith and Dartford increasing. Millwall seem to be moving further out towards Medway.

Seagull-Eater_ Miss_Selhurst_ SE19_denizen
11-09-2015, 09:35 AM
i believe it is now safe to say Millwall will never play in the premier league. So internationally, they will remain anonymous ( except for hooliganism). No tourists or migrants to London will want to visit the Den. Millwall, twinned with Leyton Orient.

can you name one team from Spain, France, Italy, germany who have never played in the top league ? nope, i didnt think so.

DocSavage
11-09-2015, 10:11 AM
I hope you don't mind me being politically incorrect and unfashionable but i still like millwall and have to admit to still having mfc fans as friends i have never been to the new den and realise the "character" has long departed the area and the fans.

but even as an away fan the old den was about as circus like as you could wish in the mid to late 70's

not sure if they were still dockers then as the docks were long gone by the 70's and unemployment in the area was high so generally just the youth tribalism of that era

one point I have to take issue with is calling them racist back then - my mates were of west indian parentage and more than half of the rowdys including people like the late tiny black were black.

that changed somewhat on 13th August 1977 when the fans left the den and separated into 2 groups one to side with the nf and the other to beat them up i was there that day and went home for tea :)

Supa Pard
11-09-2015, 10:44 AM
I remember going to the old den in 88? It was one all. We were very lucky to get a draw. I think Cannon goit the equaliser. Came off his thigh. They were all over us but my abiding memory was the dogs abuse that scum gave to all our black players. In particular Ian Wright.
Scumbag club with scumbag fans.

Sharkba1t
11-09-2015, 10:47 AM
Its odd - over the years almost all Millwall fans i've met have been decent, genuine fans. Must be when they get in a group they become cavemen.
Still, i dislike them less than i do Charlton.

DocSavage
11-09-2015, 11:01 AM
I remember going to the old den in 88? It was one all. We were very lucky to get a draw. I think Cannon goit the equaliser. Came off his thigh. They were all over us but my abiding memory was the dogs abuse that scum gave to all our black players. In particular Ian Wright.
Scumbag club with scumbag fans.

I think the idea is to put off/hound the opposition players - remember the stick poor old brolin got first from the Leeds fans then from the palace fans until the whole ground was echoing with "You fat bastard" :)

and as ian was a millwall fan that seems rich

Supa Pard
11-09-2015, 11:11 AM
I think the idea is to put off/hound the opposition players - remember the stick poor old brolin got first from the Leeds fans then from the palace fans until the whole ground was echoing with "You fat bastard" :)

and as ian was a millwall fan that seems rich

Yeah. Good old fashioned racist abuse. That'll do it.

DocSavage
11-09-2015, 11:47 AM
Yeah. Good old fashioned racist abuse. That'll do it.

to be honest I was there that day and heard nothing racist just plain and same old hostility to us palace fans

i think i have posted before that in 46 yrs of going to games home and away i have never heard racism in any crowd but there are many games and grounds I have never been to and long may that trend continue

Supa Pard
11-09-2015, 12:01 PM
to be honest I was there that day and heard nothing racist just plain and same old hostility to us palace fans

i think i have posted before that in 46 yrs of going to games home and away i have never heard racism in any crowd but there are many games and grounds I have never been to and long may that trend continue

Blimey, we've been going up Palace the same length of time!
Well I heard the abuse that day.
Only ground where it was worse was a ZDS quarter final at Ayresome Park.

MikeyBaby
19-11-2015, 02:22 PM
Poor child :-/

http://www.southwarknews.co.uk/news/dad-names-baby-boy-bermondsey-millwall-den-bloomfield-without-telling-his-wife/

Breaking rocks
19-11-2015, 02:29 PM

http://www.southwarknews.co.uk/news/dad-names-baby-boy-bermondsey-millwall-den-bloomfield-without-telling-his-wife/

Social Services have been informed.

Joe85
19-11-2015, 02:34 PM
Love it if the supported Palace anyway.

Elma fudd
19-11-2015, 03:00 PM

The parents drink in the cricketers Shirley rd, the dads an idiot

DocSavage
24-11-2015, 09:58 PM
The parents drink in the cricketers Shirley rd, the dads an idiot

wonder when he'll get the tattoo's

muswell eagle
24-12-2015, 10:45 AM
"Millwall also fell foul of the (FFP) regulations but will not face any further sanction following the club's relegation to League 1 as they are not deemed to have gained any significant advantage."

From the SkySports web site. So they overspent and still managed to get relegated comfortably!

No4 Son
24-12-2015, 11:28 AM
Well they did have that clown Holloway in charge. Given any longer hed of ****ed us too.

spuddy
24-12-2015, 11:41 AM
Well they did have that clown Holloway in charge. Given any longer hed of ****ed us too.

The 'clown' that helped us get promoted.

danpalace07
24-12-2015, 02:49 PM
"Millwall also fell foul of the (FFP) regulations but will not face any further sanction following the club's relegation to League 1 as they are not deemed to have gained any significant advantage."

From the SkySports web site. So they overspent and still managed to get relegated comfortably!

pretty much sums up wall. So shit that even their cheating did **** all for them

24-12-2015, 03:07 PM

Gave us one of the greatest nights in our history, beating our rivals 2-0 in the play-offs in a match that has scarred their souls forever. Beat highly fancied Watford to get us promoted for first time in years. Walked when he knew he couldn't keep us up and told Parish to get Pulis.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, stop being a ****. Yes he couldn't cut it but the man did a lot for us after Freedman walked and we wouldn't be where we are now without him.

Plus taking Millwall down, I reckon he deserves a statue in his honour.

danpalace07
25-12-2015, 05:22 AM
Gave us one of the greatest nights in our history, beating our rivals 2-0 in the play-offs in a match that has scarred their souls forever. Beat highly fancied Watford to get us promoted for first time in years. Walked when he knew he couldn't keep us up and told Parish to get Pulis.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, stop being a ****. Yes he couldn't cut it but the man did a lot for us after Freedman walked and we wouldn't be where we are now without him.

Plus taking Millwall down, I reckon he deserves a statue in his honour.

other people are allowed to not worship Coco, you know

selhursthoover
14-01-2016, 07:46 PM
Check out the advertising board hanging from the stand at millwall opposite main stand. Far left on TV.

:p

thereichstuff
14-01-2016, 07:51 PM
Check out the advertising board hanging from the stand at millwall opposite main stand. Far left on TV.

I noticed that :)

selhursthoover
14-01-2016, 07:52 PM
I noticed that :)

:lux::lux:

Vince Hilaire's Afro
14-01-2016, 07:58 PM
The thread title says 'Millwall's demise', but they are in League One, playing shit football in front of shit crowds. Have I missed something?

selhursthoover
14-01-2016, 07:59 PM
The thread title says 'Millwall's demise', but they are in League One, playing shit football in front of shit crowds. Have I missed something?

Look at game on TV.

In fact sod the advertising board. Check out the goal against.

:D:D

100% Palace
15-01-2016, 12:56 PM

Please elaborate for those of us that didn't watch this

selhursthoover
16-01-2016, 06:19 AM
Big advertising board "Selhurst Timber and Builders Merchants".

rhiannapaul
22-01-2016, 07:51 PM
millwall v Charlton conferance south fixture soon

Nth Kent Eagle
22-01-2016, 08:31 PM
South London football back to.its natural order.

Breaking rocks
22-01-2016, 08:31 PM
Big advertising board "Selhurst Timber and Builders Merchants".

Googled them to see where they are and this came up which made me chuckle :D

YIJebIrAUmg

selhursthoover
22-01-2016, 08:56 PM

YIJebIrAUmg

Perhaps no one likes them they don't care!!

:D

airaos
27-03-2016, 10:07 AM
England match last night. Millwall flag with Paris New York London and Peckham in each corner . Sorry had to laugh good sense if humour

CharlieCPFC
28-03-2016, 06:44 PM
F**kinghell they can't have more than 5,000 in that ground

Mick
29-03-2016, 08:19 AM
F**kinghell they can't have more than 5,000 in that ground

Not far out- attendance was 8012, but to be fair, they played pretty well and must be a fair bet to win play-offs. Lee Gregory was quite impressive and they are also giving a fair few youngsters a chance, a luxury you can probably afford to do in League1.

burgess hill 84
29-03-2016, 09:27 AM
We could be playing them next season, so much for there demise.

CPFC_DAVE77
29-03-2016, 11:20 AM
We could be playing them next season, so much for there demise.

Such is the nature of all of these threads for any club outside the PL top 8, isn't it?

Pub Idol
29-03-2016, 01:51 PM
The thread would be better suited to Fulham who since the beat us 4-1 have plummeted. Now looking likely to be relegated once more.

Pistol Knight
29-03-2016, 04:46 PM

YIJebIrAUmg

Lycra scum

New LP
29-03-2016, 04:58 PM
England match last night. Millwall flag with Paris New York London and Peckham in each corner . Sorry had to laugh good sense if humour

Made me laugh also.