PDA

View Full Version : More proof that Palace are bigger than plucky little Brighton

eaglejez
26-03-2015, 09:09 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3011776/Are-Manchester-United-Liverpool-Arsenal-Chelsea-biggest-club-Sportsmail-s-study-finally-settles-football-s-great-debate.html

we are bigger in all categories. Our position is skewed by the strange decision to base crowds since 1889 ! Would be interesting to see position if they ignored trophies and did crowds over last, say 30 years.

Anyway, which ever way you slice and dice it we are bigger than Brighton :D

Shame it doesn't adjust for embarrassing fans since they'd be even worse :D

Brighton LOL :D

Payney
26-03-2015, 09:27 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3011776/Are-Manchester-United-Liverpool-Arsenal-Chelsea-biggest-club-Sportsmail-s-study-finally-settles-football-s-great-debate.html

we are bigger in all categories. Our position is skewed by the strange decision to base crowds since 1889 ! Would be interesting to see position if they ignored trophies and did crowds over last, say 30 years.

Anyway, which ever way you slice and dice it we are bigger than Brighton :D

Shame it doesn't adjust for embarrassing fans since they'd be even worse :D

Brighton LOL :D

Brighton right along side Reading. So similar those two clubs.

Eagleinsussex
26-03-2015, 09:30 AM
I imagine the shegulls are getting their knickers in a right old twist over on NSC. Stats don't lie :lux:

Selhurst Celtic
26-03-2015, 11:34 AM
The Brighton similarities with Reading must be a source of frustration for the weed.
Plastic ground propped up by a sugar daddy, piped in crowd effects, clownish support etc. All the things that they laugh at Reading about and refer to as 'tin-pot' are the exact same things they suffer from themselves.

Although to be fair to Reading, they have recently played in the top flight of english football and are a bigger club than BHA.

Vince Hilaire's Afro
26-03-2015, 11:38 AM
The Brighton similarities with Reading must be a source of frustration for the weed.

This would surely require some degree of self awareness

eaglejez
26-03-2015, 01:06 PM
didn't they take 30K to Rochdale though ?

SJ'sLoveMonkey
26-03-2015, 01:20 PM
I would dispute that Charlton and Fulham are bigger than us though to be fair

Heb 7:4
26-03-2015, 02:48 PM
I would dispute that Charlton and Fulham are bigger than us though to be fair

Currently, perhaps not, but overall probably fair. We'll overtake both within a few years I should think.

The rankings, ours and theirs, feel about right to be honest

grand aigle
26-03-2015, 03:25 PM
I imagine the shegulls are getting their knickers in a right old twist over on NSC. Stats don't lie :lux:

Oh they are, apparently that stuff is all bollox, they are far bigger than most of the teams like Reading and the others above them. Its just that they haven't yet decided to get promoted, but when they do.....watch out !
And don't forget the 30,000 taken to Rochdale, the untold thousands locked out of Withdean every week and they were champions of England once. Deluded doesn't even get close..

Supa Pard
26-03-2015, 05:09 PM
This is a quote from Blue Valkyrie...

Bury have better players than us ?

Strewth.

And his point is?

mpfn
26-03-2015, 05:46 PM
On signing some no mark winger from Boro on loan,
"He's like Yannick Bolasie, but a proper footballer"

dannyb1
26-03-2015, 06:53 PM

EFA

"He's like Yannick Bolasie, but doesn't give premier league defenders nightmares" :p

old git
26-03-2015, 06:59 PM

Now we know why they have an unhealthy obsession with stadiums ,crowds ,pies and all the other secondary aspects of a football club.
They really know sweet F.A. about the game itself.:D

dannyb1
26-03-2015, 07:11 PM
Now we know why they have an unhealthy obsession with stadiums ,crowds ,pies and all the other secondary aspects of a football club.

Thing is OG their not there for that, they all long to be in the next "cool fans" video.

wigman
26-03-2015, 07:41 PM
Thing is OG their not there for that, they all long to be in the next "cool fans" video.

Ok then. :clown:

wigman
26-03-2015, 07:43 PM

Maybe it was a clever bit of business by Boro, as we have their promotion rivals to play. Jat. :p

thereichstuff
26-03-2015, 07:44 PM

Better than yannick and I quote :

Very quick change of pace, and the ball sticks to his feet like messi .

:lux:

Jim Cannon
26-03-2015, 11:25 PM
Maybe it was a clever bit of business by Boro, as we have their promotion rivals to play. Jat. :p

So good they don't need him for their promotion push

tasty_snacks
26-03-2015, 11:45 PM
Daily Mail, what a crock of shit. Surprised it doesn't mark teams according to their native fanbase.

Objective my ******* arsehole.

SJ'sLoveMonkey
27-03-2015, 02:29 AM
Better than yannick and I quote :

Very quick change of pace, and the ball sticks to his feet like messi .

:lux:

Thats why he can't get a game with Boro! :rolleyes:

Vince Hilaire's Afro
27-03-2015, 09:59 AM

How can they keep comparing our players like for like, when they don't remain in the same division for long enough

sherrifbart
27-03-2015, 05:07 PM
Regarding the "Which is the bigger club,Palace or brighton thread",since i have been back living in Ireland,ive spoken with many people who support various English clubs,without exception,every one of them has been familiar with Palace,know who our players are,and are largely complimentary about the team,indeed ive even persuaded three of my neighbours to attend with myself at the Spurs and QPR matches.But ive yet to meet a single person whose even heard of Brighton.Hardly a scientific survey i know.The only place brighton is bigger than Palace,is er.Brighton.

ionmighty
28-03-2015, 09:33 PM
I'm sorry to disappoint you but I live in Brighton and Hove and my next door neighbour and I are both Palace, thus definitively proving that CPFC are a bigger club than BHA even in Brighton

sherrifbart
29-03-2015, 12:10 AM
.Im sure Palace is better known every else too!

sherrifbart
29-03-2015, 12:23 AM
Not disappointed at all,never seen Brighton as a big club despite their lmaginary massive attendances,their P.L.R.readiness,and having one of the worlds richest benefactors.I think that their dreams were shattered on that fateful night in may.Long may it continue.

orp pisshead1
29-03-2015, 11:25 AM
Currently, perhaps not, but overall probably fair. We'll overtake both within a few years I should think.

The rankings, ours and theirs, feel about right to be honest

Clowns are similar too us but fulam lol. Since when have they been bigger than us? Of course they had what 11 seasons in prem but what about the years before that.
Still think we're bigger than both tbh.

orp pisshead1
29-03-2015, 11:29 AM

So your not safe yet then:D. Can't compare the wingers anyway as ours is a premier league winger. Hopefully you've seen him on the box.

Supa Pard
29-03-2015, 01:29 PM

I don't rate Bolasie as highly as most Palace fans seem to but I'm pretty sure he's a million times better than your loanee.

Penstone Eagle
29-03-2015, 02:58 PM
I don't rate Bolasie as highly as most Palace fans seem to but I'm pretty sure he's a million times better than your loanee.

their loanee will have to get used to be overshadowed by Lua Lua :D

and we all know how sh*t he is :p

smoll
29-03-2015, 06:30 PM
ask Bruno how good Bolasie is

Elma fudd
29-03-2015, 06:58 PM
Whish we had got mackail Smith instead of murray

RUSSELL
29-03-2015, 07:52 PM

Yannick's a million times better than anyone at thier rancid club!!

Del Fenner
30-03-2015, 08:39 AM
Clowns are similar too us but fulam lol. Since when have they been bigger than us? Of course they had what 11 seasons in prem but what about the years before that.
Still think we're bigger than both tbh.

Fulham were much bigger than us until the end of the sixties. Regular Division One team. Never heard of Jimmy Hill and Johnny Haynes?

Vince Hilaire's Afro
30-03-2015, 10:47 AM
Fulham were much bigger than us until the end of the sixties. Regular Division One team. Never heard of Jimmy Hill and Johnny Haynes?

Or more recently, thirteen consecutive PL seasons!

Jim Cannon
30-03-2015, 11:38 AM
their loanee will have to get used to be overshadowed by Lua Lua :D

and we all know how sh*t he is :p

Ah but now the gloves are off for a first team spot, so expect Kaz to get him in training

Jim Cannon
30-03-2015, 11:39 AM
ask Bruno how good Bolasie is

Poor Bruno has PTSD ever since he met Bolasie

Malarkey
30-03-2015, 01:00 PM
Poor Bruno has PTSD ever since he met Bolasie

Anyone got the gif?

dannyb1
30-03-2015, 01:09 PM
http://imageshack.us/a/img208/8058/66556587.gif

http://imageshack.us/a/img837/3475/70743685.gif

dannyb1
30-03-2015, 01:10 PM
And they were saying that goon from boro is better pmsl I ain't even got the tottenham gif of him taking the piss and I would have loved someone to have made a gif of the villa game when he run from our own half beat 2 defenders and hit the bar.