PDA

View Full Version : Questions for the over 40's.

leicester1
29-03-2015, 07:40 PM
Heres a couple of questions for supporters of any club on here....might be some interesting answers....we shall see.

1] Have you ever done the Poznan............

2] Is there any songs your fans sing that you feel are too childish to join in with.........

3] Are you for or against drums in your crowd...

4] When we go to watch our mates over in Belgium we are allowed only to dob in with a local Ultra group,high up in a stand....there they have a lad who conducts the singing for that particular area using a megaphone....widely used abroad and probably in B-Block Palace .....for or against.

5]Would you like a 3000 block for safe standing based on the German model....take your pick which one...for or against.....

6] Leicester v West Ham.....home win,draw or away win....:D

Breaking rocks
29-03-2015, 07:43 PM
No
Yes
Against
For
For
Away win (soz)

Breaking rocks
29-03-2015, 07:47 PM
Change it to either y or n or to for or against.
Be easier for us oldies and our memories :)

old git
29-03-2015, 07:54 PM
No,no,for,for,Lower holmesdale for safe standing,draw.

leicester1
29-03-2015, 07:57 PM
Ha ha....nah.....i'd be encouraging lazyness....

1]for the record i do the Poznan at home games when we score....if i'm in L1 that is as they are the only section of our crowd that do it.
2] Yes...i skip some songs.

3]i don't mind drums...a because it gets modern day fans singing,and at home we need it,and b i know our drummer and hes a good lad.

4]not keen but each to their own.

5] yes...i'm all for our family section moving to be replaced by a 3000 standing section....but.if it came our police would put it to the left of the away fans,its a cert...

6] Home win....you gotta believe...and i'm in L1 With the drum.

Big Gav
29-03-2015, 07:59 PM
No
No
For
For
For
Home win

cheekychippie
29-03-2015, 08:03 PM
1 - no
2 - yes
3 -the kids like it and it encourages all the little ones to join in
4 -against
5 - draw

leicester1
29-03-2015, 08:05 PM
KEEP IT UP CHAPS......bit bored today so came up with this.....iv'e had a cortisone injection and i'm convalesing at the moment....that spelling does'nt look right...

Langers
29-03-2015, 08:16 PM
KEEP IT UP CHAPS......bit bored today so came up with this.....i've had a testosterone injection and i'm convalescing at the moment....that spelling doesn't look right...

Sorted :p

leicester1
29-03-2015, 08:18 PM
...................:p..............sod having to ask how to use spellcheck....just have a go at spellin i say...:D

dim
29-03-2015, 08:45 PM
1970s/80s back please

leicester1
29-03-2015, 08:49 PM
Filbert Street back please...:p......

Breaking rocks
29-03-2015, 08:52 PM
Selhurst in my old man's days - when you walked around the pitch at half time so you were always at our attacking end.

hull eagle
29-03-2015, 09:28 PM
Heres a couple of questions for supporters of any club on here....might be some interesting answers....we shall see.

2] Is there any songs your fans sing that you feel are too childish to join in with.........

4] When we go to watch our mates over in Belgium we are allowed only to dob in with a local Ultra group,high up in a stand....there they have a lad who conducts the singing for that particular area using a megaphone....widely used abroad and probably in B-Block Palace .....for or against.

5]Would you like a 3000 block for safe standing based on the German model....take your pick which one...for or against.....

1, NO!!! However if we won the champions league I might
2, No
3,For, why not adds to the atmosphere
4,HF???
5,For
6,Sorry to say but sham only for relegation purposes

Big Gav
29-03-2015, 09:42 PM
One thing probably a good indication that i'm over 40! What is the Poznan? (too lazy to google it)

pauldrulez
29-03-2015, 09:46 PM
One thing probably a good indication that i'm over 40! What is the Poznan? (too lazy to google it)

The thing Man City do after goals that Leicester have copied.

Man City nicked it from Lech Poznan after playing them in Europe.

Billy Rhino
29-03-2015, 11:37 PM

It's a bit like the Lambeth Walk

SW6er
30-03-2015, 01:34 PM
1, No, we do the bouncy bouncy :o

2, Cant think of any to be honest.

3, Against drums, leave that to northern championship clubs along with goal music & shirtless European Ultra divs who like to wrestle men in woods.

4, Against a megaphone.

5, Would love a standing area at the Bridge.

6, Leicester home win, you play in blue & white & i hate West Ham.:p

Crozzy71
30-03-2015, 04:38 PM

1) No. I've been to Poznan to watch England (Euro 92 qualifier). Does that count ?

2) The ones I don't know the words to.

3) Against. All musician instruments should be outlawed in grounds.

4) Against x 10.

5) Yes.

6) Draw 1-1.

Walrus
30-03-2015, 06:13 PM
1. No, but I've had a snog with a girl from Warsaw. Does that count?
2. Yes. South London is not full of tits, fanny and Palace. But it is indeed wonderful.
3. Yes. Crowd orchestration is bollox.
4. See 3.
5. Yes, of course.
6. You really, really need to win this one. Go on then, I'll give it as 2-1 to you.

Pistol Knight
30-03-2015, 06:35 PM
1] Have you ever done the Poznan............No & wouldnt

2] Is there any songs your fans sing that you feel are too childish to join in with.........Yes the 'Super AL' it starts with 'Allll Super Al'

3] Are you for or against drums in your crowd...Its ok for I suppose For

4] When we go to watch our mates over in Belgium we are allowed only to dob in with a local Ultra group,high up in a stand....there they have a lad who conducts the singing for that particular area using a megaphone....widely used abroad and probably in B-Block Palace .....for or against. Against

5]Would you like a 3000 block for safe standing based on the German model....take your pick which one...for or against..... For

6] Leicester v West Ham.....home win,draw or away win....:D Home Win[/QUOTE]

leicester1
30-03-2015, 09:09 PM
HOME WIN..........:eek:................................ .........:D...:p

cantspell
08-04-2015, 12:40 PM

2, Cant think of any to be honest.

3, Against drums, leave that to northern championship clubs along with goal music & shirtless European Ultra divs who like to wrestle men in woods.

4, Against a megaphone.

5, Would love a standing area at the Bridge.

6, Leicester home win, you play in blue & white & i hate West Ham.:p

And you follow the Leicester but am not sure why

SW6er
08-04-2015, 05:34 PM

:confused::confused:

leicester1
08-04-2015, 05:44 PM
Cantspell......no hes Chelsea.......:p

for those who tipped Leicester to do West Ham on here,:p.....

Just a point of interest....worst team iv'e seen this season was Villa...they seem to now be putting up a fight....talking to a West Ham fan last Saturday he said the worst team they've played recently was Sunnerland....and they won the big one....whos the worst team to feature at Selhurst recently?.....getting very interesting down the bottom,West Brom away for us Saturday,looking forward to it....and we're on fire at the moment.:D

Pistol Knight
08-04-2015, 05:53 PM

Just a point of interest....worst team iv'e seen this season was Villa...they seem to now be putting up a fight....talking to a West Ham fan last Saturday he said the worst team they've played recently was Sunnerland....and they won the big one....whos the worst team to feature at Selhurst recently?.....getting very interesting down the bottom,West Brom away for us Saturday,looking forward to it....and we're on fire at the moment.:D

I tipped you to win Rob :D

QPR were poor at ours I fancy you to get out the shit and hope Hull get sucked down, their fixtures look tough but Villa vs Burnley last game looks a tasty one, lots of twists and turns to go yet, hope we beat the Mackems to keep them in the mix, tightest battle at the bottom for a few years and I think it will go to the last day

leicester1
08-04-2015, 06:02 PM
I agree Baz....exciting stuff eh....funny for us because we've been bottom since November...the rest must be crumbling with the stress and strain.....yep,do us a favour and do Sunnerland....Arsenal have Burnley i think....we certainly do have winnable games coming up....:p

leicester1
08-04-2015, 06:04 PM
Thats Villa v Burnley and Leicester v Qpr last game of the season....some quality tv viewing for those that are staying at home that day...

Vince Hilaire's Afro
08-04-2015, 06:11 PM
I don't do it so many times, but I last way longer.

cantspell
08-04-2015, 07:29 PM

Pretty sure there is a song that goes we all follow the Chelsea and Leicester too

cantspell
08-04-2015, 07:31 PM

Toss up between qpr and villa even though we lost the latter

Selhurst Celtic
08-04-2015, 07:34 PM
Pretty sure there is a song that goes we all follow the Chelsea and Leicester too

Over land and sea and Leicester.

An old chant linked to a road sign for the North on the M1. A couple of other teams sing it too.

leicester1
08-04-2015, 07:45 PM
Cantspell.....got ya.:p

Talking of Chelsea....another winnable game for us this month....we feel....:rolleyes:

SW6er
08-04-2015, 08:09 PM

An old chant linked to a road sign for the North on the M1. A couple of other teams sing it too.

Sheff Weds sing "and Chelsea" for some reason!

SW6er
08-04-2015, 08:11 PM
Cantspell.....got ya.:p

Talking of Chelsea....another winnable game for us this month....we feel....:rolleyes:

Tickets sold out very quickly for our game mate, not surprising as it could be the game....

;)

cpfcfly
08-04-2015, 09:13 PM

Is that what it is? I thought it was the clappy clappy and sit downee downee. ;)

Selhurst Celtic
08-04-2015, 09:24 PM
Don't forget the selfie selfie.

El Aguila
08-04-2015, 09:45 PM

It was originally We hate Nottingham Forest,
We hate Chelsea too - and Leicester.....
Surely?

cpfcfly
08-04-2015, 10:42 PM
Don't forget the selfie selfie.

Selfie sticks.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/01/24/1422109548238_lc_galleryImage_Atmosphere_A_Chelsea _fan_.JPG

New LP
08-04-2015, 11:17 PM
Toss up between qpr and villa even though we lost the latter

I thought Villa did a number on us that evening to be fair. Sunderland were far worse and escaped with 3 points also.

QPR were the worst so far though, they looked every inch a poor Championship team.

SW6er
09-04-2015, 06:14 AM
Is that what it is? I thought it was the clappy clappy and sit downee downee. ;)

:D Some games your spot on

:o

SW6er
09-04-2015, 06:15 AM
It was originally We hate Nottingham Forest,
We hate Chelsea too - and Leicester.....
Surely?

Same tune different songs.

SW6er
09-04-2015, 06:16 AM
Selfie sticks.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/01/24/1422109548238_lc_galleryImage_Atmosphere_A_Chelsea _fan_.JPG

"we're number one"

:)

leicester1
09-04-2015, 04:33 PM
Sw6er.....iv'e an offer of a ticket at 40 sniffs for the Chelsea game...not decided whether to take it or not at the moment,depends on finances rather than how we're performing...in with the ultras.....i just hope Leicester still have a chance at a great escape by then...regardless it'll still be a good atmosphere...

West Brom away for us on Saturday....we have to look for positives so heres 3...Tottenham thumped them at home,Qpr also recently ....and we beat them on the last visit at the Hawthorns 1-3...so you never know.:D

old git
09-04-2015, 04:55 PM
Sw6er.....iv'e an offer of a ticket at 40 sniffs for the Chelsea game...not decided whether to take it or not at the moment,depends on finances rather than how we're performing...in with the ultras.....i just hope Leicester still have a chance at a great escape by then...regardless it'll still be a good atmosphere...

West Brom away for us on Saturday....we have to look for positives so heres 3...Tottenham thumped them at home,Qpr also recently ....and we beat them on the last visit at the Hawthorns 1-3...so you never know.:D

Hope you do west brom,they are not great at the moment so every chance.
:p

El Aguila
09-04-2015, 04:59 PM
Same tune different songs.

Well, yeah. But this was sung in the early 70s. "We all follow the Palace" is about ten years later. I reckon.

SW6er
09-04-2015, 06:10 PM

Take the ticket mate, then you can tell me how vocal our fans were ;)

Gutted to be missing it, once it went midweek i had no chance but i'd pencilled in doing Leicester away as ive only been to your new ground once & that was for England v Serbia.

:p

SW6er
09-04-2015, 06:11 PM
Well, yeah. But this was sung in the early 70s. "We all follow the Palace" is about ten years later. I reckon.

I remember the we hate Nottm Forest chant but havent a clue when the over land & sea chant started, think it was about 1981ish at Chelsea.

leicester1
09-04-2015, 06:53 PM
OG......:p

Sw6er.....moving my abode around the date of our game so can't decide yet on whether to go.....if i don't make the game i'll still be hoping to nip in the designated away pub pre match to see a few friends.....i lasted about an hour last week,i just could'nt be doing with that Bubbles and Frankie Lampard stuff any longer.....pub was'nt packed which made a change...West Ham were pretty well spread out around Leicester ....i nipped in the Dry Dock for opening time and there was a few West Ham in there...25 eventually turned up and were as good as gold apparently.....they do still seem to like the train...:D

leicester1
09-04-2015, 07:07 PM
Leicester and Chelsea have had ding dongs off the pitch from the 60's...but late 70's and early 80's things got a bit nasty....Chelsea have always brought big support to ours,Arsenal slightly less consistant,then Tottenham steady support but not quite the numbers of the other 2 over the 38 years iv'e been attending.......The Arsenal fan base do tend to get some stick these days but back when i first started going to home games Arsenal definitely impressed this youngster.......For the rest Palace probably just shade Qpr then Charlton for consistant away support up in Leicester....Millwall somewhere between Charlton and Qpr........thats off the top of my head...