PDA

View Full Version : What ever happened to Rudi Hedman?

Jordan555x
30-03-2015, 05:23 PM
Was just watching the video of the 1990 Crystal Palace Football team singing Glad all Over on YouTube. It's here if you wanna see it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VomkssQel8g.

It got me thinking, what happened to all of them?

The obvious ones like Pardew went on to manage in the PL, currently managing us:lux:

Mark Bright who is now a sports pundit on BBC, British Eurosport and Al Jazeera, as well as a coach at Crystal Palace.

John Salako went on to be a match day correspondent for Sky Sports.

Richard Shaw is currently the U16 Head Coach at the Crystal Palace Academy.

John Pemberton is current assistant manager at Bristol City.

Rich Cawley interviewed Phil Barber in 2009 who was supposedly doing really well with his gardening business.

Gary O'Reilly went into sports broadcasting and has been a pundit and a commentator in Dubai for ART Prime Sports.

Geoff Thomas's life has been well documented after Football. Beating cancer being one of the hardest challenges of his life.

Dave Madden lives in Chigwell with his family.

Nigel Martyn did an interview back in October 2013, he dabbles in media work but otherwise prefers to spend time with his family.

But Rudi Hedman, nobody seems to heard a whisper about him! What happened to Hedman, anybody know what hes doing now?

gold76
30-03-2015, 05:25 PM
Dulwich Hamlet under Jim Cannon

gold76
30-03-2015, 05:27 PM
A pal of mine used to play for Clapton, they had a match at Whyteleafe about 10 years ago, Phil Barber was playing for them, I know he would have been late 30's then, but you would never have guessed he played in a cup final.

congress
30-03-2015, 06:39 PM
I saw Jeff Hopkins on the touchline in Oz the other day as assistant at Brisbane Roar.

cockles
30-03-2015, 06:45 PM
he has a wiki page you know...

the drexciyan
30-03-2015, 06:52 PM
I think Rudi was also turning out for the Civil Service FC at some point much later in his career. Do recall reading when someone slagged him off on hol once, then his niece logged on and slated the OP.. so watch out ;)

For me a real cult hero, his presence was comparable to a tight-knit sunday team who are damned good but that 2nd or 3rd sub is getting a mates mate to fill in, but he's in the team and gets on with it to the best of his ability. Rudirudirudi!

Golf Boy
30-03-2015, 06:57 PM
I don't remember him being that bad tbh.

Wolfnipplechips
30-03-2015, 06:59 PM
Why don't you send him a message.........?

cdm61
30-03-2015, 07:03 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rudi_Hedman

in-exile
30-03-2015, 07:45 PM
Why don't you send him a message.........?:D:p

ANTEAGLE
30-03-2015, 08:26 PM
Many moons ago I went to Colchester v Preston on a Friday night with Rudi and a friend. It was a good night and Rudi was a top bloke. At that time Rudi was working in Croydon for Customs I think.

Speporoni
30-03-2015, 08:44 PM
His sisters a top darts champion ..

W Malling Eagle
30-03-2015, 09:00 PM
Worked with him for a bit, went out for beers a few times. Decent enough bloke, still catch up on Facebook now and then.

Ian Hart
30-03-2015, 10:16 PM
He was one of the players interviewed on Palace Radio for the Cult Heroes Day last month.

Go to http://www.palaceradio.net/podcasts.html and click on "Cult Heroes Day Podcast". The interview with Rudi Hedman is approximately 21 minutes in

Jordan555x
30-03-2015, 10:19 PM
Worked with him for a bit, went out for beers a few times. Decent enough bloke, still catch up on Facebook now and then.

Didn't think to check Facebook, somebody from Croydon Advertiser should get in contact with him and publish an interview.

Lawd Elpus
31-03-2015, 06:16 AM
I think Rudi's finest work in a Palace shirt was scoring the decisive goal in a penalty shoot-out in a pre-season tournament in Italy.

It was only some team called Sampdoria who had a young Roberto Mancini in their team, plus another two or three Italian Internationals from the World Cup played also in Italy a few weeks before Palace turned up.

They even had some bald bloke called Lombardo in their squad, but he didn't play, not sure what happened to him really? But Rudi was the Palace hero that day - along with other great penalties from stars such as Perry Suckling, our over-lapping goalkeeper and a pile driver from the mighty Glyn Hodges.

Not sure if Rudi played in many games after that, Colchester away in a friendly is a memory, probably the only other time we wore that dreaded yellow and black striped away kit from the Cup Final replay.

Hedi days.

Boyandy
31-03-2015, 07:17 AM
I think Rudi's finest work in a Palace shirt was scoring the decisive goal in a penalty shoot-out in a pre-season tournament in Italy.

It was only some team called Sampdoria who had a young Roberto Mancini in their team, plus another two or three Italian Internationals from the World Cup played also in Italy a few weeks before Palace turned up.

They even had some bald bloke called Lombardo in their squad, but he didn't play, not sure what happened to him really? But Rudi was the Palace hero that day - along with other great penalties from stars such as Perry Suckling, our over-lapping goalkeeper and a pile driver from the mighty Glyn Hodges.

loLVU68LFPw

bhcp
31-03-2015, 07:32 AM
His sisters a top darts champion ..
Sister I thought?

N Herts Eagle
31-03-2015, 07:43 AM
Rudis finest moment was the second leg semi against Swindon, he played brillantly that night.

Vince Hilaire's Afro
31-03-2015, 09:48 AM
Rudi Hedman was one of the players interviewed by Palace Radio in their cult heroes podcast. He talks at length about his post Palace career

BERT'S HEAD
31-03-2015, 09:53 AM
Hedman went out with Colin Lloyd - the sister not Rudi.

Kylie_Tracey
04-04-2015, 04:26 PM
Hedman went out with Colin Lloyd - the sister not Rudi.

Dita Hedman, great darts player , didn't know they were related

orp pisshead1
06-04-2015, 09:23 AM

Not sure if Rudi played in many games after that, Colchester away in a friendly is a memory, probably the only other time we wore that dreaded yellow and black striped away kit from the Cup Final replay.

Hedi days.

What a legendary trip that was:p, 25 yrs ago there should be a piss up this summer for those who went. Can't remember if it was Wizz's lot or addington who'd misbehaved apparently before the bulk of the palace turned up:D.

orp pisshead1
06-04-2015, 09:29 AM
Rudis finest moment was the second leg semi against Swindon, he played brillantly that night.

Indeed he did, funniest moment for our lot( Orp pissheads) was pre season at Hayes lane we was just past top of it ( road)heading towards a pub when we spotted Rudi in his motor stuck in traffic of course he got the Rudi Rudi chant and he asked for directions, we was bit pissed and gave him the directions but think he didn't believe us and drove straight on iircc :D.

orp pisshead1
06-04-2015, 09:43 AM
loLVU68LFPw

Thank you so much for this:lux:.

Coveta
06-04-2015, 10:01 AM
Wasn't he the guy who could take a corner with pace and right on the money? if so bring back to coach our corner takers!

Coveta
06-04-2015, 10:06 AM
Oops! just had a look back at records, I think the player was Terry Wharton anyone remember his corners in the late sixties?

bubbs11
09-01-2016, 04:04 PM
Dita Hedman, great darts player , didn't know they were related

And just made it to the women's World darts final.

Swoonara
09-01-2016, 05:48 PM
Rudi Hedman played at a few non league sides after he left the club starting, I think, with Netherne, but due to his connection with Dixon Gill, who used to do a bit at Palace, played for him at several clubs. I cannot recall in what order or how many games,but he played for Clapton, as someone as already indicated in this thread, Egham Town when they were in the Southern League and l assume Croydon.

Chocky
19-01-2016, 01:51 PM
loLVU68LFPw

I can remember watching that tournament on Cable TV but no details. So when Geoff Thomas went up to take his penalty I thought no way will be score, and he didn't. :)

Over 25 years ago now that is scary.

LONDONMAN
20-01-2016, 07:31 AM
I can remember watching that tournament on Cable TV but no details. So when Geoff Thomas went up to take his penalty I thought no way will be score, and he didn't. :)

Over 25 years ago now that is scary.

Always remember Lombardo's first interview on Match Of The Day when he starred in a Palace away win at Elland Road and even got a round of applause from the Leeds fans when he left the pitch.

The smug git questioning him said " You can't have even heard of Crystal Palace before this season".

Except for the fact that Atillio was in the Samp squad back in 1990 defeated by Hedman's penalty!

Golf Boy
20-01-2016, 08:03 AM
Hedman vs Pagliuca. There is only ever one outcome there.

Kylie_Tracey
20-01-2016, 08:57 AM
what about Jeff Hopkins?

PhuketEagle
20-01-2016, 09:14 AM
Hopkin...yawn

DARZET EAGLE
20-01-2016, 06:08 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rudi_Hedman

I note his sister Deta is a professional darts player....180eee!

Supa Pard
20-01-2016, 06:51 PM
No point beating about the bush - he was ******* useless.

Dorking .Eagle
20-01-2016, 07:08 PM
Only good thing about Rudi was the chant when he was on the ball. Which never lasted long as he usually lost it pretty quick

Dita is an excellent darts player though

LONDONMAN
21-01-2016, 06:46 AM
what about Jeff Hopkin?

Best. Own. Goal. Ever.

SA Eagle
21-01-2016, 01:11 PM
Hopkin...yawn

Jeff Hopkins not David Hopkin