PDA

View Full Version : Going to Euro 2016

Pages : [1] 2

Baffled Bob 2
31-03-2015, 05:15 PM
Never been to a tournament with England before but now I'm having a bit of a midlife crisis and fancy taking number one son to France.

I'm not an England member so I should imagine I've got no chance of getting tickets.

What are the chances of going out for a couple of group games and finding a couple of tickets from different sources (sponsors, touts etc)?

We wouldn't mind watching games not involving England.

And if we can't get tickets I presume we could still have a good time drinking beer and watching matches on the big screen.

Anyone else just packed their bags and gone to a tournament? How did you get on?

It all sounds terrifyingly devil may care for someone as cautious as me.

Palace_Akie
31-03-2015, 05:37 PM
I had a couple of friends who had a great time at Germany 2006. Just travelled following England and watched the games in the city, met some great people and had an amazing time. They said if you don't mind paying over the odds then you can get tickets for games off touts etc, think they paid around 200 quid for 2 good tickets to the Ecuador game.

If you have the money to afford to spend 2-3 weeks in France then do it.

pgw152
31-03-2015, 06:27 PM
Just do it.
Germany 06 was great,Portugal 04 was pretty good.Euro based tournaments are the best and this is the last one in the current one country host format,so it just has to be done if you can get the time off.
Take a tent in case all the hostels are rammed,this is the most easy get up and go tournament since 96.
You'll have a great holiday anyway,but just by being there your chances of tickets goes up 500%.(Your idea of sponsors/reps reselling their freebies is a great angle).
EngFans have done half price membership on the eve of recent tournaments,cos tickets were undersubscribed,no chance of that this time.
See you there!
P.S. Don't bother holding off going until the end of the group hoping for England to go deep.Get in there for the group matches, and if u can stay on,great,cos loads of extra tickets get freed up for the knockout stages.

Kirby
02-04-2015, 11:05 AM
My best mate and I went to Krakow for a week during Euro 2012.

There weren't even any matches there but we regularly saw the England squad walking around town and watched every game in the pubs/fan zones with supporters of all nationalities.

Was really good fun, apart from the Tyskie hangovers.

With the next two World Cups in Russia and Qatar and Euro 2020 being spread around Europe, this seems like the best opportunity to get involved for a long time. I'd love to go out for another week at least.

gilesy14
02-04-2015, 11:07 AM
My mates drove to Germany 2006 in a transit Van they'd converted to have sleeping accommodation in the back. They went with no tickets but went to all but 1 England game - buying off touts I believe. They had the time of their lives so I'd imagine you wouldn't have an issue - not the cheapest though!

palacea
02-04-2015, 11:18 AM
Always will be touts, and a chance you can get a ticket day before or on the day, but always set yourself a financial limit your be willing to pay, and they always seem to be a scouser selling the tickets. Check the ticket, before and after they sell them, as they have a nasty habit of showing you the one you want, and then after you buy they are for a different game, a friend of mine got stung in this way.

gold76
03-04-2015, 12:54 PM
Never been to an International game and not been abroad for 11 years.

Will be 40 come next summer, so might make this a treat for myself :)

knowlesyUCLA
03-06-2015, 10:12 PM
Registration is open for this but only for a couple more days. I am planning to go with 8 mates for a week or so. Tickets are reasonably priced (at face value).

Transport arrangements to be confirmed. A converted Transit would be a thing of beauty.

Eli Cash
10-06-2015, 03:31 PM
Seeing as I'm 44 now and what with all of the monkey business regarding the next couple of World Cups (I refuse to give FIFA, Russia or Qatar a penny), I'm thinking I'll probably be a pensioner before I get the chance to see a Finals anywhere near me, I've always wanted to go to a major finals, so I've decided to try for tickets for Euro 2016.

No idea who I'll get to see, but I applied for the two tickets package for Lille this afternoon (closest French city to us, and easiest one to get to by Eurostar) I doubt I'll be successful (probably millions applying over the next month or so) and there's the possibility I'll end up with something like Wales vs. Serbia, or Northern Ireland vs. Romania, but the UEFA website says we'll be able to apply for each teams games through their Football Associations website, so if I don't get the tickets I've applied for, I might try for England games later in the year.

karl.eldridge
11-06-2015, 08:13 AM
You can register for tickets now much like the Olympics Lottery.

I've gone for Nice 2 games which works out £39 for both.

orp pisshead1
11-06-2015, 08:17 AM
Never been to a tournament with England before but now I'm having a bit of a midlife crisis and fancy taking number one son to France.

I'm not an England member so I should imagine I've got no chance of getting tickets.

What are the chances of going out for a couple of group games and finding a couple of tickets from different sources (sponsors, touts etc)?

We wouldn't mind watching games not involving England.

And if we can't get tickets I presume we could still have a good time drinking beer and watching matches on the big screen.

Anyone else just packed their bags and gone to a tournament? How did you get on?

It all sounds terrifyingly devil may care for someone as cautious as me.

Just go and enjoy it:p especially if you have no expectation of our lads and as you say you can watch it on big screen in parks/town squares. Palace will have a good following for sure:p

fish finger
11-06-2015, 08:42 AM
I just went without tickets to Germany 2006 and it was easy to get tickets for England games if you want to pay about €350. Other games were about €150. The atmosphere was great in pubs and fan zones as well. So I would encourage people to do this at least once in your life. Just go for the craic if you can't get into the ground.
Look out for travel companies like thomas Cook or thomsons. They have done all-in packages for previous competitions inc flight, hotel, match tickets.

King William
11-06-2015, 08:46 AM
Will be my first tournament since 2006

So far have applied for the final, and all weekend games at Lens & Lille

King William
11-06-2015, 08:48 AM
as fish finger mentions, in Germany was easy to get tickets. My quarter final tixs versus Portugal were issued to a Mexican TV company

aj4england
11-06-2015, 10:23 AM
Just working out where to apply for tickets, Lyon and Saint Etienne seems to be the best bet, with a few in Nice.

JJ Hunsecker
11-06-2015, 10:33 AM
I went to the 98 World Cup in France and it was a great experience all round. Went for the group stages, armed with a ticket for an England game but able to pick up tickets locally for games involving the lesser fancied sides at not much more than face value. It was a thoroughly enjoyable experience, meeting fans from all over watching games in bars and splendid food and drink (except in the stadium!). Do it, you and your lad will enjoy it.

LDNEAGLE
11-06-2015, 10:48 AM
Applied for far more tickets than I can afford (if I get them all) but not expecting to have much luck with the finals or semis. Otherwise applied for a couple of games in the Paris based stadia.

aj4england
11-06-2015, 10:57 AM
Unsure whether it is worth applying for tickets or going without and looking to get them from touts? Any advice on how best to arrange where to stay etc greatly appreciated.

Lingfield Eagle
11-06-2015, 12:17 PM
Applied for a weekend double header involving Lens on Saturday and Lille on Sunday. Tempted to apply for some more, doesn't sound like I'll have too much problem getting rid of them in the unlikely event I get more than expected.

karl.eldridge
11-06-2015, 12:35 PM
You bastards leave Nice alone. That's where I want tickets to. Tempted to put my hat in the ring for some Finals tickets as well.

King William
11-06-2015, 02:02 PM
Once tickets have been sold, this occasion they are doing an "official" buy and sell re-sale website

Jono14
11-06-2015, 02:19 PM
Me and a couple of mates just applied for every single game. I'll be happy with just the one!

Oli28
11-06-2015, 03:26 PM
If you're successful, do you have to pay for every ticket you've applied for?

waddoneagle
11-06-2015, 03:29 PM
I want to go with the Norn Iron lads,better crack and less hassle

Lingfield Eagle
11-06-2015, 03:33 PM
If you're successful, do you have to pay for every ticket you've applied for?
Yes

Eli Cash
11-06-2015, 03:39 PM
Does anyone have any idea when the best time to book accommodation is if you're successful - I don't want so spend an absolute fortune on accommodation but similarly, don't want to end up in a hostel or a campsite - are the national teams likely to be staying in hotels in the countryside rather than town centres? (saying this because I don't want to be staying somewhere where half the hotel is out of bounds to non football people or its surrounded by people making a racket until the early hours)

Crozzy71
11-06-2015, 03:52 PM
I'm really keen to take my Son who'll be 13 by the time the finals start. Thing is I only really want to take him to an England game.

Guess I need to wait for the draw then scratch around re-sellers.

Oli28
11-06-2015, 03:57 PM
Yes
Ta. I'll probably just apply for as many as possible as the chances of getting anything are very slim as it is.

TheMexicanHorse
11-06-2015, 04:23 PM
Applied for a couple, hopefully I get an England game ticket and sell it off to a mug punter to cover the cost of the holiday.

Nth Kent Eagle
11-06-2015, 04:36 PM
Didn't they say that last time in France all the local touts held firm and wouldn't drop prices? I might go without tickets and just go to the fan zones if they aren't reasonably obtainable.

Mad Raschic Ken
11-06-2015, 04:48 PM
If anyone wants to watch England there I would say it is still worth joining the travel section of the supporters club. I understand that each competing nation will get 16% of the stadium capacity. Currently there are only 8,800 members. That means that there will be enough tickets for all members in the bigger stadiums.

In order to qualify to apply for tickets you must be a member and go to at least one match by November this year, so that means one of the home games against Estonia, Switzerland or France.

Even with games in the smaller grounds you would have a chance in the ballot. Worth a try for anyone that wants to watch England out there.

ollie_porter
11-06-2015, 05:41 PM
Just applied for a load of tickets at the cheapest bracket- like the majority of other people I suspect! I'll be pleased with 1 or 2 lots of tickets! How likely is it that I'll get allocated 750euros worth of 'cheap' tickets?

Oli28
11-06-2015, 07:44 PM
What areas of France are people looking to stay in?

Mad Raschic Ken
11-06-2015, 07:52 PM
What areas of France are people looking to stay in?

I'm just going to go in and out for the England games. Probably just look to stay for one or two nights at a time and might even use the train for day trips if we play in Paris or Lille.

Nicebitofgreen
11-06-2015, 08:27 PM
Was a student in Lyon for 9 months in 98-99 and made friend with lads from England, Wales and Scotland, me being Irish. Kept in touch since and we've all registered for tickets for next summer. Will only go for a few days but should be a laugh regardless of what game we get to see. That while big screen drinking in the town square sounds magnifique.

knowlesyUCLA
12-06-2015, 05:29 PM
Was a student in Lyon for 9 months in 98-99 and made friend with lads from England, Wales and Scotland, me being Irish. Kept in touch since and we've all registered for tickets for next summer. Will only go for a few days but should be a laugh regardless of what game we get to see. That while big screen drinking in the town square sounds magnifique.

Me and my mates are thinking of basing ourselves in Lyon as it goes, then onto Nice for a few days. How is the city? Decent place?

Nicebitofgreen
12-06-2015, 06:37 PM
Lovely city, fine architecture, good metro system and small enough to get around easily. Huge square in the centre called Bellecour where I'm sure they'll have screens. It's well known for its food has good pubs too. Well located in France to be pretty much 2 hours from Paris or south coast. Think there are games in St Etienne too which isn't far away.

Pint of Speroni
12-06-2015, 10:39 PM
Once tickets have been sold, this occasion they are doing an "official" buy and sell re-sale website

So if I apply for about 40 (and get them, big if) and only want 10, can I sell the other 30 on this website?

pgw152
13-06-2015, 12:56 AM
So if I apply for about 40 (and get them, big if) and only want 10, can I sell the other 30 on this website?

I expect so, minus some sort of 10% resale fee that they charge to the seller and the buyer (20% in all, good racquet for them), that's what has happened in previous recent tournaments

King William
13-06-2015, 05:38 AM

Yes, as long as someone else wants them!

Funk Butter
10-07-2015, 04:24 PM
Today is the last day to apply and my buddy wants to go. Are they going to do the draw like the World Cup where a team is drawn from a pot and then a number is drawn from another pot and that's the place in the group they are placed? Like if Germany is placed in Group D, are they automatically D1 or can they be D4? I don't want to go over there and end up watching a D3 vs D4 game that will automatically be Ukraine vs Macedonia or something.

3 Beers at HT
11-07-2015, 08:42 AM
Today is the last day to apply and my buddy wants to go. Are they going to do the draw like the World Cup where a team is drawn from a pot and then a number is drawn from another pot and that's the place in the group they are placed? Like if Germany is placed in Group D, are they automatically D1 or can they be D4? I don't want to go over there and end up watching a D3 vs D4 game that will automatically be Ukraine vs Macedonia or something.

Drawn in Groups then another draw to decide who is 1,2,3,4.

France are the only ones 'pre-drawn' as A1.

richdeniro
21-07-2015, 09:42 PM
Anyone else got charges on their credit card from UEFA?

I applied in total for €4,330's worth and today have been charged for £563.98.

The statement line on my credit card says:
'Uefa Euro 2016 Ticketing, Paris Cedex 1
785.00 EURO FRANCE
Transaction Fee £ 16.37'.

King William
21-07-2015, 11:22 PM
Nope, good work though!

3 Beers at HT
22-07-2015, 12:00 AM
Yeah. 3 matches, 12 tickets in total. Applied for 11 matches.....better than nothing.

TheMexicanHorse
22-07-2015, 04:39 AM
If you log onto to the site it tells you who you've got.

Despite paying on the debit card, which I learnt after was not allowed, I've been successful in my applicaton and Halifax have confirmed they have authorised payment.

Here's hoping everything is OK from here...

TheMexicanHorse
22-07-2015, 04:39 AM

Despite paying on the debit card, which I learnt after was not allowed, I've been successful in my applicaton and Halifax have confirmed they have authorised payment.

knowlesyUCLA
22-07-2015, 05:41 AM
I have got 4 tickets to 3 of the 5 I applied for albeit one was the final so wasn't expecting anything. As a group of 8 we have got absolutely shitloads, still waiting for confirmation but in total looking like at least 10 sets of 4 tickets. First time I have ever been lucky in these ballots!

King William
22-07-2015, 06:15 AM
Mine is just showing what I applied for still

knowlesyUCLA
22-07-2015, 08:20 AM
Mine is just showing what I applied for still

Same but my credit card has been charged.

Oli28
22-07-2015, 08:28 AM
No charges to my card :(

karl.eldridge
22-07-2015, 08:34 AM
No charges to mine either :(

knowlesyUCLA
22-07-2015, 08:37 AM
It might not have been charged yet lads but check your available credit limit, will show if there are any pending transactions.

Shamone
22-07-2015, 08:46 AM
Says unsuccessful for all of mine. Might have been due to lack of funds though as I stupidly cleared my account out yesterday for no good reason

karl.eldridge
22-07-2015, 08:56 AM
Nope haven't got any unsuccessful.

CPFC_R_GREAT
22-07-2015, 08:57 AM
Got 3 games, 2 in Stade de France and one in Lille.

Oli28
22-07-2015, 09:17 AM
2 games. Lille and Paris. Pleased with that providing there's not a problem with using my debit card.

Eli Cash
22-07-2015, 10:09 AM
Got what I applied for (2 games in Lille), had been thinking about applying for the final as well but don't think my credit cards would have handled the trauma.

Oli28
22-07-2015, 10:19 AM
Debit card charged without any issue.

TheMexicanHorse
22-07-2015, 10:24 AM
Confirmation email through.

Happy days.

pardew's shorts
22-07-2015, 10:25 AM

Can you let us know if it all goes through OK?

Will be rather pissed off if debit cards did prove acceptable, seeing as I cancelled a mammoth debit card application after being officially told be UEFA that only credit cards were accepted.

pardew's shorts
22-07-2015, 10:26 AM
Just seen further posts.

******* joke UEFA.

Smoz
22-07-2015, 10:28 AM
I got lucky, just got an email telling me that I got tickets for matches 45/47/49/50, two quarter finals (Marseilles and Bordeaux) and for both semi finals.

Need to work some overtime in order to pay for them now.

King William
22-07-2015, 10:36 AM
Got none in this round of sales, but mates all applied for same matches and some have been successfull

TheMexicanHorse
22-07-2015, 10:39 AM
Can you let us know if it all goes through OK?

Will be rather pissed off if debit cards did prove acceptable, seeing as I cancelled a mammoth debit card application after being officially told be UEFA that only credit cards were accepted.

It look like it's all gone through fella. Email confirmation from UEFA and confirmation from my bank that payment had been authorised (it's currently showing as a "pending" transaction.

King William
22-07-2015, 10:39 AM
I don't have a credit card, so put in details for debit card... Wonder if that may have something to do with my rejection

CarlosTheFinger
22-07-2015, 10:53 AM
Got two out of 12 matches I applied for. Nine days apart and both featuring the same. I've basically got a half-season ticket for whoever E3 are.

Cheers Euroboys,

Carlos

Godstone Eagle
22-07-2015, 10:58 AM
Got six matches including final, first game of tournament France playing, quarter final in Toulouse.chuffed to bits!

LLCOOLSTEVE
22-07-2015, 12:17 PM
Allocated tickets

Tickets
Match 9, Monday 13 June stade de France group E

:lux:

majaro
22-07-2015, 12:45 PM
Got the Bordeaux QF in early July - hopefully a good time to see around the city on top of the football... at least that's going to be my tack when I break the news to my other half that I entered the ballot without telling her.

Palaceboy222
22-07-2015, 01:02 PM
I didn't get any out of six I applied for. My mate got us tickets for a group game. Other friend's accounts still aren't showing either way...

richdeniro
22-07-2015, 07:13 PM
I ended up with...

Match 4, Saturday 11 June 2016, 21:00, Marseille, B1 vs. B2

Match 11, Tuesday 14 June 2016, 18:00, Bordeaux, F3 vs. F4

Match 29, Tuesday 21 June 2016, 18:00, Marseille, C2 vs. C3

Match 48, Sunday 3 July 2016, 21:00, Saint-Denis - Stade de France, W40 vs. W44

Pretty chuffed about that :)

LLCOOLSTEVE
22-07-2015, 09:08 PM
Anyone recommend any good Paris hotels? have never been

TheMexicanHorse
22-07-2015, 09:30 PM
I ended up with...

Match 4, Saturday 11 June 2016, 21:00, Marseille, B1 vs. B2

Match 11, Tuesday 14 June 2016, 18:00, Bordeaux, F3 vs. F4

Match 29, Tuesday 21 June 2016, 18:00, Marseille, C2 vs. C3

Match 48, Sunday 3 July 2016, 21:00, Saint-Denis - Stade de France, W40 vs. W44

Pretty chuffed about that :)

See you in Bordeaux...money taking out this evening...flights and hotels all booked. £350 all in for 5 days, 4 nights return with BA. Word of warning the flights / hotels are already creeping up as people start to find out what they cities/games they have got.

Lingfield Eagle
22-07-2015, 09:54 PM
Absolutely nothing from 7 matches app!lied for. Well hacked off!!!!

greybot
23-07-2015, 05:24 AM
I got lucky, just got an email telling me that I got tickets for matches 45/47/49/50, two quarter finals (Marseilles and Bordeaux) and for both semi finals.

Need to work some overtime in order to pay for them now.

See you at 45 :p

Smoz
23-07-2015, 08:17 AM
See you at 45 :p

Make sure you wear a red and blue carnation in your buttonhole so that I can recognise you.

Eli Cash
25-07-2015, 03:26 PM
A word of warning if you're going to games anywhere except Paris and (possibly) Marseilles - book your hotel now, I'm going to Lille for 2 games and nearly all of the four star+ hotels ( and a lot of the 3 star ones) are already sold out, I'm guessing booked by TV companies and sponsors etc., got myself what looks like a decent 3 star hotel for a reasonable price today but some of the pricing has gone through the roof, hotels that were charging 4-5 hundred for 3 nights in August 2015 charging £1.5K+ for 6 nights next year - I didn't want to end up on a UEFA campsite but those sort of prices are just taking the piss.

King William
25-07-2015, 05:35 PM
We are going to a game in Lens opening w/end... All hotels were booked, so staying in Lille for two nights. With ticket and two nights 4 star hotel £95 each. Happy with that

Selhurst300
25-07-2015, 09:54 PM
Between Steinadler and me, we have tickets for a match in Lens and one in Paris, both Group A.

Baffled Bob 2
26-07-2015, 09:52 AM
Anyone know if the tickets are transferrable? I got none in this ballot but then I was a bit picky. I'm going to have another go when the "Follow My Team" option opens in December.

I'm going to go even if I've got no tickets at all. But if anyone on here doesn't fancy a particular game when the draw's done, maybe we could meet up at a Palace game in May and I could buy a couple from the lucky ones? Or are there any number of UEFA rules that could thwart this plan?

*** Edit - Face Value Only ***

GeeTee
26-07-2015, 11:01 AM
Well done to those who were successful. I put in for 8 games and got absolutely nothing.

King William
26-07-2015, 03:20 PM
Anyone know if the tickets are transferrable? I got none in this ballot but then I was a bit picky. I'm going to have another go when the "Follow My Team" option opens in December.

I'm going to go even if I've got no tickets at all. But if anyone on here doesn't fancy a particular game when the draw's done, maybe we could meet up at a Palace game in May and I could buy a couple from the lucky ones? Or are there any number of UEFA rules that could thwart this plan?

*** Edit - Face Value Only ***
They will have a ticket exchange website open nearer the time

Smoz
26-07-2015, 04:40 PM
Just booked my flight out to Marseille for the quarter final on 30th June, using Avios (BA airmiles scheme) it only cost me £43 plus 4500 points. The rest of my travel will be in July, don't think their system will allow me to book for then until next month.

JFIVienna
26-07-2015, 05:28 PM
I am still in shock but have got tickets for the Lyon semi and the Final.

Well pleased.

Just need to book hotels now. Looking at the Accor website they are looking for nearly 500 quid for an Ibis !

knowlesyUCLA
28-07-2015, 05:21 PM
If you are heading to St Etienne you may note that accommodation is already an issue. Booking.com showing only 2 rooms left at £250pp a match night at least. I found a local hostel (opening in September) in the centre of the city which looks good. Grand total of E27 pp including breakfast.

cis-st-etienne.com

Lovely chap called Clément runs it.

pgw152
28-07-2015, 06:03 PM
If acconodation does carry on and occupancy really is nearly full a week or so before the cup,I can see a lot of campervans making the trip to save on accommodation extortion and pricey TGVs.

doogleboy
28-07-2015, 06:14 PM
Is there another window to apply for tickets?

K*O*O*C*H
28-07-2015, 08:19 PM
more bbsers going to euro 2016 than posting on bbs #interesting

Jono14
28-07-2015, 09:20 PM
If you are heading to St Etienne you may note that accommodation is already an issue. Booking.com showing only 2 rooms left at £250pp a match night at least. I found a local hostel (opening in September) in the centre of the city which looks good. Grand total of E27 pp including breakfast.

cis-st-etienne.com

Lovely chap called Clément runs it.

We couldn't find anything there, we plan on staying in Lyon I think it was and taking the hour train to St Ettiene, on game day.

Sir.S.C Remembered
29-07-2015, 10:24 AM
I went in for loads of games (although all knock out beyond due to work commitments) and got none :(. Will try next round using Swiss passport for their games and UK passport for any home nation really.

knowlesyUCLA
29-07-2015, 10:36 AM
We couldn't find anything there, we plan on staying in Lyon I think it was and taking the hour train to St Ettiene, on game day.

We have accommodation in Lyon for 5 nights and then Nice for 2 nights. We were looking at options for the St Etienne match on 14 June but as you say it is impossible to find anywhere to stay until we found this place (not exactly hidden away, it’s on the official accommodation site).

The trains back from St Etienne don’t appear to run very late (we have a 2100 kick off) and the prospect of finding some taxi to get us back for less than E50 a man is not exactly appetising. Worth the E27 for the hostel I think even if we also have a room booked in Lyon that evening. Takes the stress out of the situation post match.

Must be said that my limited research into St Etienne suggests that the place is a shit hole.

Smoz
02-08-2015, 01:04 PM
BA now have flights for July available which can be booked using Avios. I booked a flight home from Bordeaux for £19 and one home from Marseille for £35 (bit more expensive as it's Euroclub as no economy class available).

knowlesyUCLA
03-09-2015, 11:14 AM
BA now have flights for July available which can be booked using Avios. I booked a flight home from Bordeaux for £19 and one home from Marseille for £35 (bit more expensive as it's Euroclub as no economy class available).

Talking of BA flights, there are lots available now for Lyon during the Championships at £70 each way. This is much cheaper than when they first came out. Presumably the same applies to all of their French destinations.

We are all now fully booked up, travel, accommodation and tickets.

Bring on 12 December draw.

Smoz
03-09-2015, 02:55 PM
Cheers for that, will take a look.

Also Eurostar tickets are supposed to go on sale on 22nd September.

King William
03-09-2015, 03:27 PM

Thought Eurostar was 6mths in advance? They are currently only selling until March 2016

King William
03-09-2015, 03:29 PM
Actually....

http://www.eurostar.com/be-en/contact-us/frequently-asked-questions/your-booking/how-far-in-advance-can-i-make-a-booking-eurostar

Smoz
03-09-2015, 03:30 PM
Thought Eurostar was 6mths in advance? They are currently only selling until March 2016

That's what I was told, by someone who should know, maybe they are being made available earlier than normal. I guess we will wait and see in a few weeks time.

knowlesyUCLA
03-09-2015, 03:34 PM

I would’ve quite fancied getting the Eurostar down there – generally a much more pleasant environment – but the group spoke and it was decided that we would fly. Some of ours booked on BA about 3 weeks ago when they were £140 single to Lyon, thinking they were getting value (fair enough as they had been £250).

Then last week BA seemed to release a whole batch of seats on the same flights for half the price. Those of us who waited laughed last on that one…

Just checked some of the BA locations for France – Marseille, Nice, Bordeaux, Paris – and they all have good availability and sensible pricing. Always been one of my worries about going to a major tournament with England, hideous travel prices, but obviously makes a massive difference being so close.

Jono14
03-09-2015, 03:49 PM
We're travelling by train the entire two weeks we're there. We have one game in St Etienne which will be a train to Paris then train to Lyon then to St Etienne, a game in Paris when we'll get another train back there, and a QF game in Marseille which will be a train there from Paris then a flight back from Marseille. One of our group is organising the whole thing which is a relief as it's very confusing :D

Got all our accomdation booked up which is all hostels, just got to wait for travel now :lux:

King William
03-09-2015, 03:50 PM
That's what I was told, by someone who should know, maybe they are being made available earlier than normal. I guess we will wait and see in a few weeks time.

Eurostar have just said to me on Twitter it will be around December for next June...

Smoz
03-09-2015, 04:48 PM
A little investigation helps clarify things a little. SNCF are putting tickets on sale on 22nd September. They are a distributor for Eurostar tickets, whether the Eurostar tickets will be available through them on 22nd remains to be seen.

http://uk.voyages-sncf.com/en/uefa-euro-2016

King William
04-09-2015, 04:34 AM
A little investigation helps clarify things a little. SNCF are putting tickets on sale on 22nd September. They are a distributor for Eurostar tickets, whether the Eurostar tickets will be available through them on 22nd remains to be seen.

http://uk.voyages-sncf.com/en/uefa-euro-2016

I'm reading that to mean only certain dates/matches....anyway we'll see on the 22nd! Thanks for the heads up

knowlesyUCLA
07-09-2015, 10:27 AM
Easyjet flights for dates up to 12 June 2016 are go on sale on 10 September.

greybot
07-09-2015, 02:26 PM
Anyone going marseille? Cheap flights to Nimes with ryanair are bookable which is just over an hour from marseille on the train. Then just over 2 hours from Marseille to Nice. 4 of us all booked up now:p

knowlesyUCLA
14-10-2015, 01:55 PM
Here is a pretty safe bet as to who will be in what pots at the Euros.

http://www.espnfc.com/european-championship-qualifying/story/2662691/euro-2016-draw-seeding-pots-starting-to-take-shape

Clearly it is random as to who in which group but it should be give you a flavour of the type of teams you will be seeing.

Eli Cash
14-11-2015, 12:09 AM
After the events in Paris tonight, I think I'm going to try and flog my tickets ASAP, yes people will say you shouldn't bow down to terrorists but the excitement of going next year has rapidly worn off, better safe than sorry.

Breaking rocks
14-11-2015, 12:12 AM
After the events in Paris tonight, I think I'm going to try and flog my tickets ASAP, yes people will say you shouldn't bow down to terrorists but the excitement of going next year has rapidly worn off, better safe than sorry.

Don't make any knee jerk reactions.

A week from now, sadly, this won't even be mentioned.

Just like London 2012, Euro 2016 will be the safest place on the planet.

LLCOOLSTEVE
14-11-2015, 12:15 AM
Im due in Paris on the opening weekend of the tournament and due to go to a game at the stade de france...... it certainly has made me think twice :( ......

Eli Cash
14-11-2015, 12:17 AM
I get what you're saying Breaking Rocks, but I went to Paris in March of this year, having booked before the Charlie Hebdo 'happenings', I'm just thinking this sort of thing is going to happen more and more often without there being some kind of happy ending.

Breaking rocks
14-11-2015, 12:32 AM
I know how you feel and I know it's very easy for someone else (me!) to give their opinion but.....

Just wait and see. If anything, your tickets will be worth more nearer to the time.

knowlesyUCLA
14-11-2015, 12:34 AM
If these ****ers think that I am changing my plans because of this, they can shove it up their arse.

The day we start changing our life choices because we are fearful is the day they win.

Funk Butter
14-11-2015, 01:05 AM

I know exactly how you feel. My friend and I were just talking about whether we really wanted to go. I went to the Olympic Stadium the day after the Centennial Park bombing in 1996 and I don't even remember thinking twice about it. I guess being older has changed my thinking. Maybe because that also seemed like an isolated incident instead of a coordinated attack.

Sodermalm
14-11-2015, 11:15 AM
I'm interested in any tickets if anybody is selling...

KYLIE MINEAGLE
14-11-2015, 12:19 PM
If these ****ers think that I am changing my plans because of this, they can shove it up their arse.

The day we start changing our life choices because we are fearful is the day they win.

Good man.

Smoz
14-11-2015, 12:50 PM
I'm still going (if I ever get round to organising my train travel).

Eli Cash
01-12-2015, 11:17 PM
Anyone know if they're likely to show the draw in Crystals after the Southampton game?

Eli Cash
12-12-2015, 07:14 PM
Going to Ireland vs. Italy (and probably Germany against whoever in the second round) - bollocks to ISIS

King William
13-12-2015, 07:49 AM
Swiss v Albania. !

Selhurst300
13-12-2015, 08:14 AM
Swiss v Albania. !

We're going to that match as well.
We were planning to go by Eurostar but prices are through the roof. Looks like the ferry.

King William
13-12-2015, 08:34 AM
Yes I'm not prepared to pay £120 Eurostar each to watch that game! Booked euro tunnel, staying in Lille so gives an option to drive from Lille to lens and then get back for Wales and England games on TV

Ps we have two spare tickets

knowlesyUCLA
13-12-2015, 10:00 AM
Got Portugal Iceland, Belgium Italy, Spain Turkey and Ukraine Northern Ireland.

Quite happy to be seeing a home nation. We are over there for the England Wales game too, just shame that Lens is a total shithole and the stadium is tiny.

TheMexicanHorse
13-12-2015, 10:14 AM
Hungary v Austria here, massive.

Flights and hotels were booked when I was successful in the ballet. Not the best game but five days in Bordeaux will ensure a good time is had by all

Mad Raschic Ken
13-12-2015, 10:25 AM
Got flights sorted for England v Russia and booked the Shuttle for England v Wales. Can't make the Slovakia game unfortunately. I'll deal with knock out games during the tournament as necessary.

ebyeeckeagle
13-12-2015, 10:30 AM
Got Portugal Iceland, Belgium Italy, Spain Turkey and Ukraine Northern Ireland.

Quite happy to be seeing a home nation. We are over there for the England Wales game too, just shame that Lens is a total shithole and the stadium is tiny.

Tiny? Been to a match there and it held 40k? UEFA capacity may be a bit less I suppose. It is a bit of a crap hole.

Oli28
13-12-2015, 10:39 AM
Sweden v Ireland and Russia v Slovakia here.

LLCOOLSTEVE
13-12-2015, 11:21 AM
Sweden v Ireland

Same :)

Pleased with that.

3 Beers at HT
13-12-2015, 12:04 PM
Wales v Slovakia
Spain v Czech Rep
Portugal v Iceland (8 tickets)
Iceland v Hungary
Slovakia v England (8 tickets)
Northern Ireland v Germany
Italy v Ireland

It's gonna be a great couple of weeks :lux:

Oli28
13-12-2015, 12:59 PM
If anyone has tickets for England but wants to swap them for Ireland then let me know etc

Eli Cash
14-12-2015, 11:10 AM
Booked my Eurostar tickets this morning, £80 return, I normally go Standard Premier when I go to France on Eurostar, but train journey to Lille only takes just over an hour so not bothered about spending an extra £100 just to get a slightly bigger seat, a crap meal (usually cheese or cold chicken) and some rubbish magazines to read on the way.

PalaceNI
14-12-2015, 12:24 PM
Flights from Belfast to Nice were £75 last week, after the draw with our first game being there they are now £460 one way, absolutely scandalous! Ferry and camper van is definitely the way to go. Long drive from Cherbourg to Nice, but with our group games there, Lyon and Paris, we're continually going north back towards Cherbourg. We more than likely won't get out of the group, but it's all about the experience :lux:

knowlesyUCLA
14-12-2015, 12:25 PM
Tiny? Been to a match there and it held 40k? UEFA capacity may be a bit less I suppose. It is a bit of a crap hole.

Well, not tiny but given the level of interest in the match and the capacities of Lyon, Marseille and St Denis it is more befitting of one of those venues!

My group have now booked SNCF tickets for the trip from Lyon to Nice on 17 June. They have released them early for match days so if you are thinking of travelling by train, then you should get onto it soon. First class one way from Lyon to Nice, about 4.5 hours, was £60.

Baffled Bob 2
14-12-2015, 03:55 PM
I'm in the ballot for the next round of tickets. Applied for all three England games. I should imagine Russia and Slovakia in biggish stadia might be lucky.

Fingers crossed.

Jono14
14-12-2015, 05:28 PM
Iceland v Austria
Czech Republic v Croatia.

Also have a game in the QF but I can't be bothered to work it out yet, think it could be a Spain game. Go out on the 17th so going to try get an England v Slovakia ticket. We're staying in Lyon while that game is on so it's pretty easy to get to St Etienne from there.

Got to say I'm very excited to visit the Stade Veledrome for the QF game. What a stadium!

Mad Raschic Ken
14-12-2015, 09:32 PM
Iceland v Austria
Czech Republic v Croatia.

Also have a game in the QF but I can't be bothered to work it out yet, think it could be a Spain game. Go out on the 17th so going to try get an England v Slovakia ticket. We're staying in Lyon while that game is on so it's pretty easy to get to St Etienne from there.

Got to say I'm very excited to visit the Stade Veledrome for the QF game. What a stadium!

Yes, I'm looking forward to Marseille too. The stadium looks fantastic. I'm taking my 11 year old to the England v Russia game there, which should be pretty special.

Sir.S.C Remembered
15-12-2015, 02:27 PM
Anyone got a link for an iCal for fixtures please?

Oli28
15-12-2015, 02:49 PM
I'm going to need a train between Paris and Lille during the tournament. Can get tickets for £26 currently, but it says that tickets are released 3 months in advance, presumably meaning that the tickets are currently available have been put on specifically for the tournament. Does anyone know if the regular tickets that'll be released 3 months before will be any cheaper?

laggin
16-12-2015, 05:50 AM
no hotels in Lens for the wales game. nearest is in Lille and cheapest was £361 for 2nights!

knowlesyUCLA
16-12-2015, 09:45 AM
The SNCF customer centre speaks English I think, maybe worth giving them a call to ask the question? I have booked specific travel on the train already and just decided to book it up to be sure.

0844 848 5848

Selhurst300
31-12-2015, 11:58 AM
Yes I'm not prepared to pay £120 Eurostar each to watch that game! Booked euro tunnel, staying in Lille so gives an option to drive from Lille to lens and then get back for Wales and England games on TV

Ps we have two spare tickets

We've now booked Eurotunnel and a hotel in Arras. It's about 15 minutes on the train from Arras to Lens.

Selhurst300
31-12-2015, 12:03 PM
no hotels in Lens for the wales game. nearest is in Lille and cheapest was £361 for 2nights!

Try Arras.

CPFC_R_GREAT
31-12-2015, 12:06 PM
Sweden v Ireland and Russia v Slovakia here.

Same for me, plus

Germany v Poland

pgw152
31-12-2015, 12:47 PM
Anyone looking for or providing spaces in car/van/truck between Beauvais (airport, BVA) and Lens on Thursday June 16th?

I've booked a little hire car to pick up at 9am at BVA and drop back to BVA at 8pm and will either ditch the booking if I can get a lift or carry some passengers (one way or return) to bring the rental/fuel costs down a bit.

Am Phibian
01-01-2016, 04:04 PM
Not going but if I were a camping mattress and sleeping bag would be coming with me.

Having to pay £250plus for eight hours sleep is just wrong unless there was a semi-naked Catherine Deneuve lookalike hiding in the wardrobe as a welcome.

cooperman
01-01-2016, 04:40 PM
me and a mate are cycling to the euros...

going to England v wales and Slovakia (don't trust them past group stage !)...

day 1 cycle home to dover
day 2 cross channel ferry and cycle to just os lens
day 3 England wales
day 4 cycle 1/2 way to paris
day 5 cycle to paris
days 6 train and stay lyon
day 7 cycle to St. Etienne England v Slovakia staying in town
day 8 cycle to lyon, train to paris cycle across town eurostar to london cycle home :)

b&b's train tickets booked (very tough getting accom to store bikes safe) only real downer is paris/lyon tgv won't take bikes so have to take slow train :(

best way to see France is on a bicycle !

evvo111
01-01-2016, 05:07 PM
me and a mate are cycling to the euros...

going to England v wales and Slovakia (don't trust them past group stage !)...

day 1 cycle home to dover
day 2 cross channel ferry and cycle to just os lens
day 3 England wales
day 4 cycle 1/2 way to paris
day 5 cycle to paris
days 6 train and stay lyon
day 7 cycle to St. Etienne England v Slovakia staying in town
day 8 cycle to lyon, train to paris cycle across town eurostar to london cycle home :)

b&b's train tickets booked (very tough getting accom to store bikes safe) only real downer is paris/lyon tgv won't take bikes so have to take slow train :(

best way to see France is on a bicycle !

http://club.triumph.org.uk/uploads/onions_anyone_7945.jpg :)

laggin
06-01-2016, 01:28 AM
Try Arras.

many thanks

Baffled Bob 2
18-01-2016, 11:34 AM
Just got an email from Euro 2016 ticketing thing. Ticket applications for individual matches which should have closed today has been extended to 1st Feb. Could be that they're not selling so well? Could be lucky....

dannyboy1807
18-01-2016, 11:50 AM
Try Arras.

Failing that Bethune will have lots of hotels because it's a big place for WW1 battlefields.

as is Arras

lot's of Bed & Breakfast places as well.

aj4england
18-01-2016, 12:03 PM
Just got an email from Euro 2016 ticketing thing. Ticket applications for individual matches which should have closed today has been extended to 1st Feb. Could be that they're not selling so well? Could be lucky....

Unfortunately, perhaps with the terrorist attack last year some people may have been put off?

Mad Raschic Ken
13-02-2016, 08:15 AM
UEFA took €910 off my card last night, so it looks like I've got everything I applied for via the England Supporters Club. That's the group games against Russia and Wales and conditional tickets for the 2nd Round, QF and Final. Also got Russia and the Final for my son. All category 3.

MasterYoda
13-02-2016, 08:37 AM
Most of my Wales supporting mates who follow them properly had emails on Tuesday, most had what they applied for

Ninjas Headband
13-02-2016, 08:42 AM
Hope you get to see the final live M R Ken!

Oli28
13-02-2016, 08:44 AM
When I go onto the ticket portal it shows the outcome of my initial application but nothing about the one I made last month. Does anyone know where I find my second application?

Mad Raschic Ken
13-02-2016, 08:48 AM
Hope you get to see the final live M R Ken!

Thanks - would be amazing. Under no illusions though and realise that is a long shot for England. Would be nice to at least see the 2nd round and quarter final.

Baffled Bob 2
13-02-2016, 09:09 AM
When I go onto the ticket portal it shows the outcome of my initial application but nothing about the one I made last month. Does anyone know where I find my second application?

Yep.

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro/ticketing/teams/index.html

But click on "General Public Portal"

Oli28
13-02-2016, 09:34 AM
Yep.

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro/ticketing/teams/index.html

But click on "General Public Portal"
Ta. It doesn't say whether it's been successful or not, I guess they haven't done that ballot yet?

Baffled Bob 2
13-02-2016, 09:45 AM
Ta. It doesn't say whether it's been successful or not, I guess they haven't done that ballot yet?

They emailed me earlier this week saying they'll be processing our applications early next week.

Hope you're successful. And me...

Oli28
13-02-2016, 09:53 AM
They emailed me earlier this week saying they'll be processing our applications early next week.

Hope you're successful. And me...
Yeh I got that one. The only game I applied for this time round was england v wales which will no doubt be hugely oversubscribed but you never know.

NYEagle
26-02-2016, 06:21 PM
E-mail received today - got tickets for the England-Russia game but not the England-Wales game.

Never seen England play in a major tournament before.

PalaceMonkey
26-02-2016, 09:33 PM
only applied for Wales game, and didn't get them :(

Baffled Bob 2
26-02-2016, 10:00 PM
Got nothing. Just going to head out to Marseille for a few days.

Oli28
26-02-2016, 10:12 PM
No luck with the England games. Will still head to Lens for the Wales game anyway as I've got tickets in lille the day before.

Lingfield Eagle
26-02-2016, 11:32 PM
Got quarter, semi and finals. A lot of money from my bank account with no idea if I'll ever get to see a game. To make matters worse, if we get a quarter final in Lille on July 1st my son has said he would rather go to his school prom meaning I go by myself with an unsaleable ticket.

TheMexicanHorse
26-02-2016, 11:45 PM
I thought the euros had a system where you could "sell back" unwanted tickets?

3 Beers at HT
26-02-2016, 11:56 PM
with an unsellable ticket.

Pedantic edit for correct spelling.

Why do you think you'ld be unable to sell a QF ticket?

Mad Raschic Ken
28-02-2016, 03:04 PM
E-mail received today - got tickets for the England-Russia game but not the England-Wales game.

Never seen England play in a major tournament before.

Four of us (all Palace) will be going to England v Russia, so let me know if you want to meet for a beer in Marseille.

Tomo
28-02-2016, 03:09 PM
:cool:Pedantic edit for correct spelling.

Why do you think you'ld be unable to sell a QF ticket?

I'm assuming he has a concession ticket for his son and it's not the done thing this day to take 15 year old boys you don't know to France!

Surely Sam will change his mind!

richdeniro
28-02-2016, 04:11 PM
I thought the euros had a system where you could "sell back" unwanted tickets?

They do - portal opens sometime in March.

Heath eagle
28-02-2016, 04:58 PM
All take your flags , I enjoy reading all the st George's flags more than watching the pile of turd on the pitch

NYEagle
28-02-2016, 07:21 PM
Four of us (all Palace) will be going to England v Russia, so let me know if you want to meet for a beer in Marseille.

Thanks. Looking to fly in around mid-day. Booked a hotel near the airport months ago, but might try and find something near the ground or in town - any suggestions?

Flying back home on the Sunday lunchtime.

Lingfield Eagle
28-02-2016, 10:31 PM
:cool:

I'm assuming he has a concession ticket for his son and it's not the done thing this day to take 15 year old boys you don't know to France!

Surely Sam will change his mind!

It's actually a full price ticket but the problem is that as members of the England Travel Club he has to be there in person to collect his ticket, if he's not there I won't be given it. I'm hoping the lure of an England quarter final will be greater than a school prom.

Mad Raschic Ken
29-02-2016, 08:26 PM
Thanks. Looking to fly in around mid-day. Booked a hotel near the airport months ago, but might try and find something near the ground or in town - any suggestions?

Flying back home on the Sunday lunchtime.

We're flying via Montpellier first thing in the morning and back the next afternoon. We're staying at Campanile Aix-En-Provence in Meyreuil. We've hired a car, which helps with the logistics.

Mad Raschic Ken
29-02-2016, 08:38 PM
It's actually a full price ticket but the problem is that as members of the England Travel Club he has to be there in person to collect his ticket, if he's not there I won't be given it. I'm hoping the lure of an England quarter final will be greater than a school prom.

Three of us will be going to that if we get through, so more than happy for you to join us rather than going solo. Hopefully your son will do the right thing though!

Enfield eagle
29-02-2016, 09:25 PM
Going bar hoping around Madrid the weekend of the 2nd round games. 8 knockout games in 3 days!!!

Lingfield Eagle
01-03-2016, 01:07 PM
Three of us will be going to that if we get through, so more than happy for you to join us rather than going solo. Hopefully your son will do the right thing though!
Thank you!

knowlesyUCLA
08-03-2016, 12:56 PM
The ticket resale portal opens tomorrow for this one guys.

thehalifaxman
22-03-2016, 07:35 PM
Anyone had any luck with the portal?

We already got some random game tickets for 3 games so based ourselves in Paris for a week around those and I've picked up some tickets to Iceland vs Austria seeing as I'm there anyway thought might as well.

Can't get near any England tickets. Anyone else had any luck

Baffled Bob 2
22-03-2016, 07:46 PM
Nope. I got two England Russia tickets from one of those online touting firms. Paid over the odds but it's really a one off and we're only going for one game. Paid £370 for two tickets. Cat 2 so would have been 105 Euros face value and no doubt 20 Euros more for delivery. So not too bad really.

We'd have had to pay £150 to England Fans to join their scheme anyway and even then would have had no guarantee we'd get tickets.

Company is reputable and one that I've heard of. I'm buggered if I'll advertise them on here though.

Baffled Bob 2
22-03-2016, 07:49 PM
The opening game is always on that portal. Unsurprisingly as they're 450 Euros a pop. I'd love it if that game is played in a half empty Stade de France. Pure greed.

thehalifaxman
22-03-2016, 07:57 PM
Yer I saw that its always on the portal. 445 euros for a restricted view seat doesn't appeal apparently?

I have been tempted by some online ticket sites but don't know who to trust

LLCOOLSTEVE
02-05-2016, 03:57 PM
The opening game is always on that portal. Unsurprisingly as they're 450 Euros a pop. I'd love it if that game is played in a half empty Stade de France. Pure greed.

Twice in last week ive had anemail from UEFA advising tickets still available for the opening game

Are the French not interested?!

gold76
02-05-2016, 09:37 PM
As an aside, what fookin goober set the England vs Wales game for 2pm on a thursday?

st albans
02-05-2016, 09:53 PM
As an aside, what fookin goober set the England vs Wales game for 2pm on a thursday?

We were talking about this at work last week. Surely most companies will allow half days for those that want to watch it

pardew's shorts
02-05-2016, 10:35 PM

Nobody.

The fixture was set before the draw was made.

LLCOOLSTEVE
03-05-2016, 07:33 PM
Got this email today for anyone that may be interested in trying ...

Dear Football Fan,

The ticket portal on EURO2016.com, which opened last week, has been temporarily taken offline in order to prepare for the release of restricted view tickets on Wednesday 4th May at 10:00 CET.

Thousands of fans have already purchased tickets for UEFA EURO 2016™ from this ticket portal.

To support the high demand, EURO 2016 SAS has chosen to make restricted view tickets available to buy on a first come, first served basis. Such tickets will be available at a discount of 25%. Restricted view tickets do allow you to follow the match; however, your view of small parts of the pitch may be hindered by a rail, a camera, an advertisement board or other temporary installations in the stadium. The number of tickets with a restricted view varies between venues.

The portal will open at 10:00, but you can join the queue at 9:45 if you don't want to miss out! If you prefer to have an overview of the ticket availability without logging into the ticket portal, matches with tickets available will also be listed here from 9:00 on Wednesday.

Please note that the payment for tickets will be immediate, and that only Visa or Mastercard credit cards will be accepted.

TheMexicanHorse
04-05-2016, 05:48 AM
Any word on when the tickets will be despatched?

Can't be long now, month and a bit away.

knowlesyUCLA
04-05-2016, 08:08 AM
Any word on when the tickets will be despatched?

Can't be long now, month and a bit away.

Sometime in May is all that UEFA have said, nothing specific yet. Although those who booked tickets through their respective FAs have received theirs – one of our group used the Spanish FA so we have got 4 Spain Turkey tickets already.

TheMexicanHorse
04-05-2016, 12:17 PM
Thanks mate.

Not long now, games all afternoon whilst I'm out there so looking forward to it.

ChaceTheAce
04-05-2016, 12:24 PM
Got tickets to the QFs in Marseille. Proper buzzing for it. Won't be an England game but will hopefully be watching us win a QF the night before at a fan park. Fly out Wednesday and back Saturday. Already paid off everything, dream.

Get back Saturday tea time and then fly out to Orlando for 2 weeks on the Monday. :lux:

Eli Cash
05-05-2016, 03:28 PM
Had another look at the confirmation email I received last year and it says: Your tickets will be dispatched to the address provided on your ticket application form, at the end of May 2016 at the latest.

I'm guessing they'll be sent once UEFA have flogged those restricted view seats, and the sponsors have applied for their quota.

Smoz
11-05-2016, 12:13 PM
I received an email this morning advising that my tickets have been shipped and that the courier will be delivering shortly (for two of the quarterfinals and both semifinals).

TheMexicanHorse
11-05-2016, 12:49 PM
Ditto .

La poste currently has it ready to be dispatched

Jono14
11-05-2016, 01:35 PM
Yep ours have all been dispatched :lux: bring on June 17

Eli Cash
11-05-2016, 02:16 PM
Mine dispatched too - not too often you get an email saying Euro Championship tickets and an FA Cup Final ticket sent on the same day. Wahey!

ChaceTheAce
12-05-2016, 11:33 AM
Got mine dispatched too! Quarter finals in Marseille. Bring it on! :lux:

knowlesyUCLA
12-05-2016, 11:36 AM
Same! And with the cup final in between now and 12 June when I fly out. Amazing stuff.

3 Beers at HT
12-05-2016, 11:47 AM
Cup Final ticket arrived today, Euro tickets are out for delivery :p

eagle mart
12-05-2016, 01:58 PM
I know of two tickets for sale at face value for Czech Republic V Croatia. Saint Etienne. 17 June. Category 1.

Selhurst300
12-05-2016, 05:11 PM
Received my Euros ticket email today and hoping mu Cup Final ticket is awaiting my return home tonight.

EnglandEagle
13-05-2016, 11:03 AM
Anyone driving to Lens with space or want to do a car share? PM me

Oli28
13-05-2016, 12:06 PM
Anyone know how much cat 2 tickets are for England v Wales?

knowlesyUCLA
13-05-2016, 12:07 PM
105 euros each with a resale value of 4 times that.

Oli28
13-05-2016, 12:21 PM
Never mind then!

ChaceTheAce
13-05-2016, 01:47 PM
More tickets available in 15 mins for all those interested.

Eli Cash
13-05-2016, 01:51 PM
Anyone's tickets actually turned up yet? Had an email Wednesday saying they've been sent, every time I've looked at the tracking since, it's said they're sat in Paris - it's a French courier so I'm wondering if once they leave France, that's it regarding the tracking.

Lingfield Eagle
13-05-2016, 01:56 PM
I had an email this morning telling me my tickets were on the way but as they are for quarter final and beyond I'm not sure how they can send me a physical ticket for something we don't know wew are going to qualify for.

LLCOOLSTEVE
13-05-2016, 01:59 PM
Anyone's tickets actually turned up yet? Had an email Wednesday saying they've been sent, every time I've looked at the tracking since, it's said they're sat in Paris - it's a French courier so I'm wondering if once they leave France, that's it regarding the tracking.

Mine say they are at stage 3 - "about to be delivered", after arrived in destination country

janerz
13-05-2016, 02:21 PM
Can anyone purchase these tickets? im in the waiting room. Will i find that i need a pre registration code to buy tickets though?

knowlesyUCLA
13-05-2016, 02:23 PM
No but you will have to register I think. Their system is total bollocks though so don't hold out much hope!

janerz
13-05-2016, 02:25 PM
ok mate, cheers

Eli Cash
13-05-2016, 02:35 PM
Mine say they are at stage 3 - "about to be delivered", after arrived in destination country

Yes, mine is also on stage 3, if you click on 'More Details On Receiving Your Tickets' you can see where they've been (still currently sat at Chilly Manzarin, apparently)

Red&Blue Sussex
13-05-2016, 02:41 PM
No but you will have to register I think. Their system is total bollocks though so don't hold out much hope!

Worked for me just now to be honest - nothing for England vs Wales, but 3 CAT 1 tickets for Slovakia vs England sorted. If you do get through and aren't already registered, you'll need your passport number to hand, but other than that really straightforward if I am honest.

Keep persevering in the waiting room / queue and you might get lucky - just don't refresh the page once you have a progress bar on there. Got 3 PCs on the go again just in case Wales tickets pop up on the off chance.

There were final tickets available but €600 is out of my league!

knowlesyUCLA
13-05-2016, 03:06 PM
Well I was talking after about 3 months of trials and tribulations on that sodding site, looking for 4 tickets for one particular game – Belgium Italy – to compliment the eight that we already have.

And lo and behold, with four of my group trying, myself and another person get through at exactly the same time to that game in the exact category we were looking for. I can’t quite believe how that worked out but it did!

So that is it, with less than a month to go, all of us have our tickets to all of the games we were looking for. And Palace are in the bloody cup final. These are golden times.

Red&Blue Sussex
13-05-2016, 03:55 PM
Well I was talking after about 3 months of trials and tribulations on that sodding site, looking for 4 tickets for one particular game – Belgium Italy – to compliment the eight that we already have.

And lo and behold, with four of my group trying, myself and another person get through at exactly the same time to that game in the exact category we were looking for. I can’t quite believe how that worked out but it did!

So that is it, with less than a month to go, all of us have our tickets to all of the games we were looking for. And Palace are in the bloody cup final. These are golden times.

Quality!

Jono14
13-05-2016, 04:03 PM
We managed to get Cat 1 tickets for England V Slovakia today. ******* delighted.

Makes it 4 games we're going to now. Lyon, St Etienne, Paris and Marseille :lux:

greybot
13-05-2016, 04:04 PM
Is it safe to buy tickets through sites like ticketbis and viagogo? We will definitely get into the game right? After a couple more as the ticketing website only let us purchase 4 for a match when we are there and we are a group of 6.

smiler2
14-05-2016, 12:26 PM
Tickets arrived just now, bring on a mini Tour de France hopefully on the back of an FA Cup final win and therefore a pre cursor to a Palace European tour !

LLCOOLSTEVE
14-05-2016, 06:01 PM
Yes, mine is also on stage 3, if you click on 'More Details On Receiving Your Tickets' you can see where they've been (still currently sat at Chilly Manzarin, apparently)

Yup, mine says in transit, not sure if that means still in France or in the UK mind you

NYEagle
14-05-2016, 08:19 PM
Tickets arrived just now, bring on a mini Tour de France hopefully on the back of an FA Cup final win and therefore a pre cursor to a Palace European tour !

Did you have to sign for them or were they just delivered through the normal postal system?

My concern is that our postal address is a central mail box point about 500 metres from where we live, so we can't sign for them.

smiler2
14-05-2016, 08:43 PM
Signed for them
Delivered by DPD

TheMexicanHorse
15-05-2016, 11:01 AM
Tickets have arrived, dpd bloke said all weekend he's just been delivering euro tickets for excited folks

ChaceTheAce
16-05-2016, 09:53 AM
Wicked, got a text saying mine is coming today.

Odd question, the matchday programmes for any games, are they available in English around the ground?

knowlesyUCLA
16-05-2016, 11:10 AM
Picking mine up tomorrow – only 4 more working weeks!

Mad Raschic Ken
16-05-2016, 12:40 PM
Mine are due to be delivered in about an hour from now. Will come around quickly now, less than 4 weeks until I'm off to Marseille.

ChaceTheAce
16-05-2016, 01:45 PM
My sister has just signed for mine. Woo :lux:

NYEagle
16-05-2016, 06:02 PM
Signed for them
Delivered by DPD

Mine got taken back as the post box is not at the house. Now arranged to collect from a local shop.

3 Beers at HT
16-05-2016, 09:13 PM
Tickets were signed for this morning!!!

NYEagle
18-05-2016, 01:12 PM
My wife collected the tickets for the England-Russia game. Easy flight to Marseilles - first time I have ever watched England in a major tournament.

Do many Palace fans attend England matches?

Selhurst300
18-05-2016, 04:00 PM
Mrs S300 signed for our tickets on Monday. Looking forward to seeing them when I get home after a business trip to Merseyside. Took the opportunity to make reference to the Cup Final and the BBS in a presentation today.

DAWSYEAGLE
18-05-2016, 04:32 PM
Going to England v Russia and England v Wales. Any other bbsrs attending?

Beckenham Boy
25-05-2016, 05:17 AM
Just announced there will be a 24 hrs booze ban in Lille for the England v Wales game from 6am on day of game to 6am the next morning. Not just stadium.

King William
25-05-2016, 05:54 AM
Just announced there will be a 24 hrs booze ban in Lille for the England v Wales game from 6am on day of game to 6am the next morning. Not just stadium.

It's all games in Lens. Makes my Albania v Swiss even less appealing

Mad Raschic Ken
25-05-2016, 06:15 AM

It's only drinking in the street / parks etc that's banned apparently. Can still drink in bars and restaurants.

Oli28
25-05-2016, 10:05 AM
Will probably watch that one in Lille then

Mad Raschic Ken
25-05-2016, 12:05 PM
I've booked a table in an Italian restaurant in Lens about 20 minutes walk from the ground. Will save trying to get into packed bars.

eagle_ali9
30-05-2016, 03:05 PM
Staying in L'estaque 10th June (about 9 miles out of Marseille) then hotel vertigo centre in post code 13001 on the 11th. Any ideas where all are drinking day of game?

knowlesyUCLA
01-06-2016, 11:08 AM
Staying in L'estaque 10th June (about 9 miles out of Marseille) then hotel vertigo centre in post code 13001 on the 11th. Any ideas where all are drinking day of game?

Plenty of discussion here

https://englandsupporters.thefa.com/fan-forums/tickets_and_travel/f/11

ChaceTheAce
01-06-2016, 11:22 AM
As i'm going to Marseille for the first QF (End of June), I know England won't be in that match, but would be out there when England are in the QF so would be able to watch with other england fans in the fanpark on the beach.

Keep assuming we'll be still be in the comp when we go. Not really thought about if we aren't. Will feel like a right chore going if England aren't still there.

Land Wednesday in marseille, QF on thursday and Englands QF on Friday, fly home saturday. Lets hope we're still in the comp :(

knowlesyUCLA
01-06-2016, 12:00 PM
Fingers crossed we make it that far (I think we will).

I remember reading an account for some England fans that went to Brazil who flew out for the last group game and we were already out by that stage. Given that the cost of the flight alone was probably £1,500, you would be fuming.

Tallying up the cost of our trip now, I reckon we will probably be spending a grand or so on return flights, train travel, accommodation for 7 nights in 3 cities, tickets to 4 games and spending money.

ChaceTheAce
01-06-2016, 12:26 PM
Fingers crossed we make it that far (I think we will).

I remember reading an account for some England fans that went to Brazil who flew out for the last group game and we were already out by that stage. Given that the cost of the flight alone was probably £1,500, you would be fuming.

Tallying up the cost of our trip now, I reckon we will probably be spending a grand or so on return flights, train travel, accommodation for 7 nights in 3 cities, tickets to 4 games and spending money.

Not too bad at all. We got return flights from Stansted for £85! Our apartment is from air BNB so like £50 each for 3 nights and tickets were about £35 each. Very cheap overall for me and my mate. Nice pre-trip before I fly to Orlando on the Monday :love::afro:

Mad Raschic Ken
01-06-2016, 01:08 PM
As i'm going to Marseille for the first QF (End of June), I know England won't be in that match, but would be out there when England are in the QF so would be able to watch with other england fans in the fanpark on the beach.

Keep assuming we'll be still be in the comp when we go. Not really thought about if we aren't. Will feel like a right chore going if England aren't still there.

Land Wednesday in marseille, QF on thursday and Englands QF on Friday, fly home saturday. Lets hope we're still in the comp :(

If England were to qualify from 3rd place in the group they could be in the Marseille QF. They would only be in the Friday QF by winning the group. If runners up the QF would be on the Sunday.

Lingfield Eagle
01-06-2016, 01:20 PM
If England finish second then they have a knock out game in Nice followed by a possible quarter final at the Stade de France on the Sunday. Not that straightforward, particularly with Slovakia beating the Germans the other night.

Jono14
01-06-2016, 09:01 PM

We have tickets to that game in Marseille also. Any idea who it could be we're seeing? Far too complicated to work it out.

knowlesyUCLA
02-06-2016, 09:02 AM
I presume that I can offer face value tickets for sale on the BBS?

One of our group has two spare tickets – 1 x CAT 3 for Belgium v Italy on 13 June in Lyon and 1 x CAT 3 for Portugal v Iceland on 14 June. Face value for either/both of 55 euros.

If interested, drop me a PM.

AJ8
02-06-2016, 09:23 AM
If anybody knows of any spares going for games in Paris/Lens during the first week I would be interested! Even Albania vs Switzerland (long story)

CPFC_DAVE77
02-06-2016, 09:26 AM
If anybody knows of any spares going for games in Paris/Lens during the first week I would be interested! Even Albania vs Switzerland (long story)

You're a massive Granit Xhaka fan?

Baffled Bob 2
02-06-2016, 09:38 AM
You're a massive Granit Xhaka fan?

Or King Zog?

Kirby
02-06-2016, 09:45 AM
If anyone has spares for any of the games please PM me! :hi:

Jono14
02-06-2016, 05:24 PM
Paris police want to shut the fanzone for when there is games on in Paris.