PDA

View Full Version : Ian Wright | Competition to Win a Signed Legend Shirt!

PalaceFanTV
14-04-2015, 12:15 PM
Hi,

PalaceFanTV are currently running a competition to win 3 legend shirts signed by Ian Wright.

To find out how to win 1, all the details can be found here at youtube.com/PalaceFanTV

Good luck! :)

CPFC_DAVE77
14-04-2015, 12:18 PM
Are they Palace shirts?

PalaceFanTV
14-04-2015, 12:24 PM
Yes - they are legend shirts from the Crystal Palace store.

If you check my YouTube channel there is a video which is 3rd on my timeline titled "Competition" where you can see the shirts (with Ian holding them) for yourself :)

The Omen
14-04-2015, 12:47 PM
Great competition for those fans, like me, who grew up with Ian Wright as their hero.

I have entered and will keep my fingers crossed!

Lawd Elpus
14-04-2015, 02:31 PM
Hi,

PalaceFanTV are currently running a competition to win 3 legend shirts signed by Ian Wright.

To find out how to win 1, all the details can be found here at youtube.com/PalaceFanTV

Good luck! :)

Erm...there is no actual link to this video?

Great interview with Wrighty here though ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aA8GF9IeHQQ ) where he explains what really happened the day he kissed his Arsenal badge in front of the Palace support - many Palace fans never forgave him, but I think many of us too will always remember him as a true Palace hero.

Big mention for Coach One aswell, cheers Satchmo!

Jack Regan
15-04-2015, 11:52 AM
Can the winner ask for the shirt to be washed in Cillit Bang to remove his name and get Mark Bright to sign it ?

PALACEWU
15-04-2015, 12:14 PM
Can the winner ask for the shirt to be washed in Cillit Bang to remove his name and get Mark Bright to sign it ?

You are quite boring aren't you.

in-exile
15-04-2015, 12:30 PM
Hi,

Good luck! :)Is it the Arsenal one he kissed the badge on? Cos he is more Arse than Palace!

in-exile
15-04-2015, 12:33 PM
Erm...there is no actual link to this video?

Great interview with Wrighty here though ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aA8GF9IeHQQ ) where he explains what really happened the day he kissed his Arsenal badge in front of the Palace support - many Palace fans never forgave him, but I think many of us too will always remember him as a true Palace hero.

Big mention for Coach One aswell, cheers Satchmo!No Thanks!

in-exile
15-04-2015, 12:51 PM
He talks about the Cup game but what about the league game at the Arse ( home game for him) he played out of his skin and was by far the best player on the pitch thus ******* Sir Steve and Palace. We needed the points and went down! He didn't need to kill us that day and he loved it! We backed Ian 100% at Palace when arse fan's were telling us he was shit and big nose Smith was England's best...like ****!

Jack Regan
15-04-2015, 12:54 PM
He talks about the Cup game but what about the league game at the Arse ( home game for him) he played out of his skin and was by far the best player on the pitch thus ******* Sir Steve and Palace. We needed the points and went down! He didn't need to kill us that day and he loved it! We backed Ian 100% at Palace when arse fan's were telling us he was shit and big nose Smith was England's best...like ****!

I was there with Moverman.

Don't talk to me about Ian Wright signed shirts.

eagle mart
15-04-2015, 12:57 PM

Get over it.

in-exile
15-04-2015, 01:01 PM
Get over it.I have...but always an Arse he's Not Palace...so dream on.

Jack Regan
15-04-2015, 01:02 PM
Get over it.

Why should he 'get over it' ?

You quite obviously weren't at the match.

in-exile
15-04-2015, 01:03 PM

Don't talk to me about Ian Wright signed shirts.I was there too, you could see he loved ******* us up! He loved it, what did we do? Did we all paint he's mums wall?

Jack Regan
15-04-2015, 01:07 PM
I was there too, you could see he loved ******* us up! He loved it, what did we do? Did we all paint he's mums wall?

And went down supposedly injured in the penalty area for bloody ages then winked and laughed when he got up with nothing wrong with him.

Still, get over it eh ?

Phil's Barber
15-04-2015, 01:32 PM
Running straight to the Palace fans after he scored his first goal against us at Highbury and kissing his filthy Arse badge.

Wouldn't wipe my arse on it.

Jack Regan
15-04-2015, 01:42 PM
Running straight to the Palace fans after he scored his first goal against us at Highbury and kissing his filthy Arse badge.

Wouldn't wipe my arse on it.

Didn't he get subbed and spent ages leaving the pitch, and then walked straight past Steve ?

SOUTHGATE EAGLE
15-04-2015, 02:12 PM
He came in the Hi-fi shop I worked at back in 1997. I hurried over from my lunch break, shook his hand and told him what a pleasure it was to have watched him at Palace. He sneered as if it say, 'another one of those Palace losers' as if he had moved onwards and upwards from us. I decided my meal was getting cold.

I also know a story from a guy who wanted to chin Wright when he refused to sign an autograph for his eight -year old daughter at some school event. He said 'I didn't come here to sign autographs' to the little girl. Alright, she was wearing a Spuds shirt but that is still pathetic.

Legend player. Wankstain human being.

in-exile
15-04-2015, 02:17 PM
www.youtube.com/watch?v=XavfjzggY3U
42.29 for the Badge kiss

in-exile
15-04-2015, 02:30 PM
1.05.40 to see him score for our away game

Phil's Barber
15-04-2015, 02:34 PM
42.29 for the Badge kiss

Still makes my blood boil! :D

lee_cpfc
15-04-2015, 02:50 PM
42.29 for the Badge kiss

Not bitter are we

in-exile
15-04-2015, 03:10 PM
Not bitter are weAlways good for one to know their real friends! Not just someone wanting TV work or Club work now we are cash rich and TV popular!

Jack Regan
15-04-2015, 03:17 PM
Always good for one to know their real friends! Not just someone wanting TV work or Club work now we are cash rich and TV popular!

where was he when we were up against it in Administration ?

Burnley.

cartwheel
15-04-2015, 03:49 PM
Has he found his birth certificate yet?

Crozzy71
15-04-2015, 03:59 PM
Lost interest and respect for Wright since he conveniently decided to airbrush Palace out of his history.

Let him p!ss off and sign shirts for his beloved Arsenal fans.

StanRd2005
15-04-2015, 04:11 PM
Has he found his birth certificate yet?

:lux:

Pub Idol
15-04-2015, 04:12 PM
Bit narky on here today ?

Wright was my hero big time. What a player. Nobody can say anything about his performances with Palace. Amazing stuff.

But when he left it hurt massively and like others the goals and celebrations to relegate us in 93 was sickening - Pretty sure he hated us that point.

But years role on and in 97/98 I think we got some closure with shirt swap. I agree about the Burnley thing in 2000 - Not sure why he didn't come back.

I see it in 2 ways - as a player ? Wonderful. As a man ? mixed personality and not to sure. But no grudges from me anymore. Life is too short, surely.

Crybin Eagle
15-04-2015, 04:20 PM
I was there the Ian Wright illegitimate song helped our cause that day.

Another Oxted Eagle
15-04-2015, 04:22 PM
Comes across as a pretty complex , very emotional character - heart on the sleeve and all that. In my experience these sorts of people do all sorts of things in the spur of the moment without really thinking things through. I'll forgive him the badge kiss because he was at the centre of the best days I ever had as a palace fan and I'm sure looking back he regrets it.

in-exile
15-04-2015, 04:57 PM
Comes across as a pretty complex , very emotional character - heart on the sleeve and all that. In my experience these sorts of people do all sorts of things in the spur of the moment without really thinking things through. I'll forgive him the badge kiss because he was at the centre of the best days I ever had as a palace fan and I'm sure looking back he regrets it.Get real he's proud arse cos they are London's No 1 big club and we were little Palace....OK fair enough for that..... if Wilf went to the arse not Man u I would have wished him well cos they all have dreams.
Different with wrighty as we hear two different stories on the move, one from him and one from uncle Ron then we get a arse loving fired up striker kissing badges running towards us, then playing his balls off to send us down! Unlike Wilf playing for Cardiff!
He does not regret it at all he just talks about one or some fans painting Judas on his mums wall....what about your old club, clubmates, sir Stevie and the 99% of fans that did not paint any shit on a wall?

Jack Regan
15-04-2015, 07:06 PM
Just because his TV work has gone down the toilet doesn't mean he can come round here expecting a warm welcome. Let him go back to Arsenal and see if anyone remembers him there.

Watching that clip of him busting his guts sending Palace down was nothing short of sickening.

Maidstoned Eagle
15-04-2015, 07:17 PM

Probably due to the fact his mothers house was vandalised and scummy racist messages were scrawled all over it by some of our more "enlightened " fans, when he signed for Arsenal, might explain his motivation for that day.

Comes across as a pretty complex , very emotional character - heart on the sleeve and all that. In my experience these sorts of people do all sorts of things in the spur of the moment without really thinking things through. I'll forgive him the badge kiss because he was at the centre of the best days I ever had as a palace fan and I'm sure looking back he regrets it.

Pretty sure he also had the balls to apologise for the badge kissing, on the Centenary Video. He also swapped shirts with Lomnardo and kissed the Palace shirt in front of the Holmesdale when he last played at Selhurst.

RUSSELL
15-04-2015, 09:58 PM
Pretty sure he also had the balls to apologise for the badge kissing, on the Centenary Video. He also swapped shirts with Lomnardo and kissed the Palace shirt in front of the Holmesdale when he last played at Selhurst.

Yep he did.... IIRC he also ran the length of the pitch to the Holmesdale and kissed the Palace badge after scoring in Geoff Thomas' FA Cup charity match.

Jack Regan
16-04-2015, 05:43 AM
Yep he did.... IIRC he also ran the length of the pitch to the Holmesdale and kissed the Palace badge after scoring in Geoff Thomas' FA Cup charity match.

The time to say 'sorry' for his behaviour to Palace fans after his transfer to Arsenal would have been when we were in Administration, and he was in the twilight of his career, but still good enough to help matters. He chose to go to Burnley instead of helping out the man who made him.

Kissing badges or swapping shirts in testimonials or charity matches, and offering excuses in centenary videos is too little, too late.

I'm sure the original poster is offering a signed Ian Wright shirt with all good intentions, but I'd be more interested in a signed Wilf shirt. A guy who behaved impeccably when he faced Palace as an opposition player. Truly 'one of our own'.

King William
16-04-2015, 06:01 AM
same game when he kissed the badge and went studs up on Nigel Martyn. Terrible challenge

King William
16-04-2015, 06:12 AM
same game when he kissed the badge and went studs up on Nigel Martyn. Terrible challenge

Actually no, the challenge on Martyn was the relegation game

RUSSELL
16-04-2015, 06:25 AM
The time to say 'sorry' for his behaviour to Palace fans after his transfer to Arsenal would have been when we were in Administration, and he was in the twilight of his career, but still good enough to help matters. He chose to go to Burnley instead of helping out the man who made him.

I agree here... I was a massive Ian Wright fan (and still am when I look back at him playing for us) but was dissapointed that he didn't help us out when we were crying out for players. I'm also annoyed that he erases playing for us when interviewed as pointed out earlier. Something Mark Bright would never do, and infact during the Sheff Weds v Palace game in 2010 which he was commenting on he struggled to be impartial.

west eagle
16-04-2015, 06:37 AM
brings it all back again, you can see he planned to do it as he's grabbing his shirt as soon as the ball goes in!

Older and wiser now, all a bit pathetic trying to justify it as a reaction to the graffiti incident and the nasty sing we made up.

Les Butler
16-04-2015, 06:53 AM
He was non league we made him he was our hero but because of a few he chose to rip out the hearts out of all of us the thousands who thought he was the dogs bollocks.

That day with Joy on his face he kissed the Arsenal badge running around the field not only to send us down but to end an era, its when everything started to go tits up for us.

Then when we were in the shit he went to Burnley ... After it was all over he kiss's a Palace shirt at a charity match to make it alright.....Nahh Wrighty you had the right to be pissed off about the abuse but you took it out on a majority who did not deserve it...I would not want a shirt with his name on it.

Should stick to Arsenal shirts the team where you got your big chance.

Lawd Elpus
16-04-2015, 07:55 AM
I'm not going to argue with fellow Palace fans over their views on Ian Wright, as it was a big shock for us all the day he joined Arsenal.

Many people say that is the day Palace chances of ever being a 'big' club died - and once Wrighty had gone, it didn't take long for that great team that Coppell had built to disappear over the next few seasons - never to return to the heights of reaching the FA Cup Final or finishing 3rd behind Arsenal and Liverpool in 1990 and 1991 (and winning at Wembley in the Zenith Cup over Everton 4-1),were the greatest and proudest days of being a Palace fan.

For me, the main culprit will always be Uncle Ron. Did he have to sell Ian Wright? My guess (and I don't have any information to prove it) is that Noades was desperate for money to pay for improvements needed at Selhurst Park (it was around that time that the Whitehorse Stand was built and also the Arthur Wait became all seated) and Wright's sale was probably also needed to help pay for the rest of the squad's wages and bonuses.

People can point their finger at Wright's behaviour in leaving as a snub to the fans that idolised him in the 5 great years he spent at Palace and I guess for many, the incidents at Arsenal not only scoring two of the 3 goals that Arsenal got to send Palace down in 1993, but making a point of kissing the Arsenal badge as well as taking a few chances to wind up the Palace support with fake injuries (which I remember him doing for Palace at Millwall!) and reckless takles on Palace players too.

I've seen the vast majority of Palace's matches, home and away since 1976 and Ian is easily amongst our greatest ever players I've seen in a Palace shirt.

I had a feeling that the game at Arsenal at the end of the 1992/93 season would go badly (many of us felt it would be a pivotal game as soon as the fixtures came out in the Summer of 1992 - and even the Palace fanzine 'Eagle Eye' predicted right at the start of the season that Wright would score and Palace would go down!) so unlike most Palace games - I stayed away, not wanting to witness those smug Arsenal bastards gloating at us should the inevitable happen.

Having said all that, I don't hold a grudge with Ian. Those years between 1985 when he came on as a gangly, raw 21 year old, fresh out of non-league football and scored as a sub v Oldham (who ironically stayed up in 1993 because of Wright's goals!) and the subsequent battles to go up in 86, 87, 88 and finally the first ever Play Off in 89, those great seasons in the old Division One in 90 and 91 - Ian was a huge part of it all, along with so many other great characters in Red & Blue on and off the pitch.

I can remember at least twice when he walked into the Arthur Wait Stand and asked to see Joyce True (the lovely Welsh lady that followed Palace home and away with her husband Doug - and used to be heard tearing into Wrighty to 'help' him!) - no other players have ever been seen to do that when they have an afternoon out of the team.

So yes, I can see why people call him Judas and decide to paint his Mum's house in huge red letters saying so (even though she spent many days following Palace too!) and join in the song saying Wrighty has AIDS and is an Arsenal bastard (this is long before that fateful game at Arsenal too, for those not around then) - that's their way of viewing things.

My way of looking at it is that Wright was the type of guy who wore his heart on his sleeve. That was the way he played and because he had that fire and will to win, he often cut it up rough with anyone who got in his way. We saw that plenty of times on the pitch and he didn't mind taking on anyone in a tackle, even though he was actually only 5ft 10 and more mouth than muscle.

He wasn't a Palace fan as a kid, many of us knew he was a Millwall fan, which made it even funnier when he poked fun at their fans when he played for Palace against them - but that is the devil in his character and you take it or leave it.

For some, Wright will always be in the Palace Hall of Shame, along with Bloye, Noades, Goldberg, Jordan, Venables, Mullery, Smith, Bruce, Taylor, Freedman and more recently Pulis have gone down in many peoples ideas.

We are a club that can make yesterday's heroes into villains - but then that is part of the drama of being fan of any club, let alone Palace. Alan Pardew used to get dog's abuse from Palace fans in his first few seasons as a player at Palace.

I can remember one player saying how much all the other Palace players appreciated him on the pitch, even though the majority of Palace fans thought Pardew was crap.

The player talking Pardew up was Ian Wright!

For Ian to put all that bad feeling from a few fans into hurting us all that day at Highbury in 1993 is unforgivable for many. I don't blame those who haven't got over it.

Like I say, Noades was the main culprit for selling Wrighty in the first place. They both helped to make Palace and they both helped to break us.

But at last, we are back!

ammiller
16-04-2015, 08:38 AM
I'm not going to argue with fellow Palace fans over their views on Ian Wright, as it was a big shock for us all the day he joined Arsenal.

Many people say that is the day Palace chances of ever being a 'big' club died - and once Wrighty had gone, it didn't take long for that great team that Coppell had built to disappear over the next few seasons - never to return to the heights of reaching the FA Cup Final or finishing 3rd behind Arsenal and Liverpool in 1990 and 1991 (and winning at Wembley in the Zenith Cup over Everton 4-1),were the greatest and proudest days of being a Palace fan.

For me, the main culprit will always be Uncle Ron. Did he have to sell Ian Wright? My guess (and I don't have any information to prove it) is that Noades was desperate for money to pay for improvements needed at Selhurst Park (it was around that time that the Whitehorse Stand was built and also the Arthur Wait became all seated) and Wright's sale was probably also needed to help pay for the rest of the squad's wages and bonuses.

People can point their finger at Wright's behaviour in leaving as a snub to the fans that idolised him in the 5 great years he spent at Palace and I guess for many, the incidents at Arsenal not only scoring two of the 3 goals that Arsenal got to send Palace down in 1993, but making a point of kissing the Arsenal badge as well as taking a few chances to wind up the Palace support with fake injuries (which I remember him doing for Palace at Millwall!) and reckless takles on Palace players too.

I've seen the vast majority of Palace's matches, home and away since 1976 and Ian is easily amongst our greatest ever players I've seen in a Palace shirt.

I had a feeling that the game at Arsenal at the end of the 1992/93 season would go badly (many of us felt it would be a pivotal game as soon as the fixtures came out in the Summer of 1992 - and even the Palace fanzine 'Eagle Eye' predicted right at the start of the season that Wright would score and Palace would go down!) so unlike most Palace games - I stayed away, not wanting to witness those smug Arsenal bastards gloating at us should the inevitable happen.

Having said all that, I don't hold a grudge with Ian. Those years between 1985 when he came on as a gangly, raw 21 year old, fresh out of non-league football and scored as a sub v Oldham (who ironically stayed up in 1993 because of Wright's goals!) and the subsequent battles to go up in 86, 87, 88 and finally the first ever Play Off in 89, those great seasons in the old Division One in 90 and 91 - Ian was a huge part of it all, along with so many other great characters in Red & Blue on and off the pitch.

I can remember at least twice when he walked into the Arthur Wait Stand and asked to see Joyce True (the lovely Welsh lady that followed Palace home and away with her husband Doug - and used to be heard tearing into Wrighty to 'help' him!) - no other players have ever been seen to do that when they have an afternoon out of the team.

So yes, I can see why people call him Judas and decide to paint his Mum's house in huge red letters saying so (even though she spent many days following Palace too!) and join in the song saying Wrighty has AIDS and is an Arsenal bastard (this is long before that fateful game at Arsenal too, for those not around then) - that's their way of viewing things.

My way of looking at it is that Wright was the type of guy who wore his heart on his sleeve. That was the way he played and because he had that fire and will to win, he often cut it up rough with anyone who got in his way. We saw that plenty of times on the pitch and he didn't mind taking on anyone in a tackle, even though he was actually only 5ft 10 and more mouth than muscle.

He wasn't a Palace fan as a kid, many of us knew he was a Millwall fan, which made it even funnier when he poked fun at their fans when he played for Palace against them - but that is the devil in his character and you take it or leave it.

For some, Wright will always be in the Palace Hall of Shame, along with Bloye, Noades, Goldberg, Jordan, Venables, Mullery, Smith, Bruce, Taylor, Freedman and more recently Pulis have gone down in many peoples ideas.

We are a club that can make yesterday's heroes into villains - but then that is part of the drama of being fan of any club, let alone Palace. Alan Pardew used to get dog's abuse from Palace fans in his first few seasons as a player at Palace.

I can remember one player saying how much all the other Palace players appreciated him on the pitch, even though the majority of Palace fans thought Pardew was crap.

The player talking Pardew up was Ian Wright!

For Ian to put all that bad feeling from a few fans into hurting us all that day at Highbury in 1993 is unforgivable for many. I don't blame those who haven't got over it.

Like I say, Noades was the main culprit for selling Wrighty in the first place. They both helped to make Palace and they both helped to break us.

But at last, we are back!

What a load of old shit.

BERT'S HEAD
16-04-2015, 08:44 AM
What a load of old shit.

Spot on, he is never 5ft 10.

LONDONMAN
16-04-2015, 08:49 AM
Spot on, he is never 5ft 10.

No he is 6 ft.

The **** Noades that is, 6ft under. :lux:

Jack Regan
16-04-2015, 11:53 AM
Ron Noades wasn't the 'culprit' for selling 'Wrighty'

The truth is that when 'Wrighty' became aware of Arsenals interest he went round to Rons house and PLEADED to go.

Jack Regan
16-04-2015, 11:54 AM
No he is 6 ft.

The **** Noades that is, 6ft under. :lux:

Idiot.

moverman
16-04-2015, 12:33 PM

Don't talk to me about Ian Wright signed shirts.

2 words from that day:

Rory McGrath :hi:

eagle mart
16-04-2015, 03:25 PM

Incorrect. I quite obviously was at the match - anybody who was a fan was there that day.... In the home end. With a few thousand other Palace in the seats to the left of the Clock End, which spread right along the stand.

Ian was sold one week, and came back to dogs abuse in the cup the following week. I used to sing the 'illegitimate' chant to match anybody's gusto, despite being 15. We were shocked, and it came out the blue to him too.

There are a million other things that are worth remembering than a player being sold and coming back to send you down, when you were 9 points clear with one game to play. I would have felt betrayed when my family's house was vandalised and received the shit he did. At the time waking up to that news was gutting but I've well and truly moved on.

LONDONMAN
16-04-2015, 04:05 PM
Idiot.

I wouldn't call Noades an Idiot, Jack. Money grabbing, devious and now, very moldy, yes.

CPFC.1990
16-04-2015, 04:25 PM
I wouldn't call Noades an Idiot, Jack. Money grabbing, devious and now, very moldy, yes.

I truly hope you are banned for this. Sick to say the least.

LONDONMAN
16-04-2015, 04:41 PM
Terrible, almost as bad as asset stripping a club and ripping off it's supporters for millions.

Plenty of us can see what a parasite the man was.

Jack Regan
16-04-2015, 05:15 PM
Incorrect. I quite obviously was at the match - anybody who was a fan was there that day.... In the home end. With a few thousand other Palace in the seats to the left of the Clock End, which spread right along the stand.

Ian was sold one week, and came back to dogs abuse in the cup the following week. I used to sing the 'illegitimate' chant to match anybody's gusto, despite being 15. We were shocked, and it came out the blue to him too.

There are a million other things that are worth remembering than a player being sold and coming back to send you down, when you were 9 points clear with one game to play. I would have felt betrayed when my family's house was vandalised and received the shit he did. At the time waking up to that news was gutting but I've well and truly moved on.

I can't and won't forgive or forget what he did when he left and what he didn't do in our hour of need. The best thing he can do is keep away and stfu with all the excuses. 99.99% of Palace fans didn't graffiti or vandalise anything.

Crozzy71
16-04-2015, 05:16 PM
At least Ron ran the club as a stable and sustainable business. What happened (twice) after he left ???

Crozzy71
16-04-2015, 05:16 PM
I can't and won't forgive or forget what he did when he left and what he didn't do in our hour of need. The best thing he can do is keep away and stfu with all the excuses. 99.99% of Palace fans didn't graffiti or vandalise anything.

Amen.

eagle mart
17-04-2015, 08:06 AM

I didn't mention graffiti. I'm off down cop shop with some new information.

P.S Don't be a bitter all your life.

in-exile
18-04-2015, 04:12 AM
At least Ron ran the club as a stable and sustainable business. What happened (twice) after he left ???Ron set Goldfool up for his drop...so? Not much of a point there! ;)

in-exile
18-04-2015, 04:13 AM
I didn't mention graffiti. I'm off down cop shop with some new information.

P.S Don't be a bitter all your life.We can be bitter to Judas forever thanks!

in-exile
18-04-2015, 04:23 AM
Ron Noades wasn't the 'culprit' for selling 'Wrighty'

The truth is that when 'Wrighty' became aware of Arsenals interest he went round to Rons house and PLEADED to go.Two different stories from each side on his move!!!!
Ron told the press at the time that he had a phone call on the Sunday from Wright's agent telling him the Arse wanted wrighty and Judas wanted the Arse.....Wrighty and David Rocastle were good m8's and that was the only place Ian wanted to go to...if it wasn't done Wrighty would not train or play properly for us !!!! Ron said he then phoned Sir Stevie who agreed that if the player wanted to go that there was no point trying to force him to stay!
nobody denied this as fact at that time......wright years later told us a different story??????

Jack Regan
19-04-2015, 08:23 PM
Two different stories from each side on his move!!!!
Ron told the press at the time that he had a phone call on the Sunday from Wright's agent telling him the Arse wanted wrighty and Judas wanted the Arse.....Wrighty and David Rocastle were good m8's and that was the only place Ian wanted to go to...if it wasn't done Wrighty would not train or play properly for us !!!! Ron said he then phoned Sir Stevie who agreed that if the player wanted to go that there was no point trying to force him to stay!
nobody denied this as fact at that time......wright years later told us a different story??????

And that's the truth that's too often glossed over or forgotten.

Forget all the bullshit about 'Noades broke up the best team we ever had when he sold Wright'. He had no choice. Plus Ron invested the majority of the transfer money in Gabbiadini, who on paper appeared a good replacement. He wasn't as it happened, but that's no-ones fault, that's just football.

Eaglefoz
20-04-2015, 06:51 AM
So a footballer who wears his heart on his sleeve gets loads of abuse from his ex-clubs fans and reacts openly about it. What a surprise!
Yawn!

Jack Regan
20-04-2015, 07:30 AM
footballer who wears his heart on his sleeve

What does that even mean ?

Eaglefoz
20-04-2015, 08:35 AM
What does that even mean ?

highly committed and emotional.

Jack Regan
20-04-2015, 08:48 AM
highly committed and emotional.

so, a bit like the Palace fans that once idolised him then. Any wonder we're pissed off at his Arsenal badge kissing shit.

Chobham Eagle
20-04-2015, 08:59 AM

I was. And I'm over it.

Eaglefoz
20-04-2015, 10:42 AM
so, a bit like the Palace fans that once idolised him then. Any wonder we're pissed off at his Arsenal badge kissing shit.

not his fault somebody offered to pay more for his brand of commited and emotional football. You would do the same if offered more money for a job, why can't he?

Done dusted history, it does not detract what he done for us though and the fact that should be recognised, not ignored.

For the record, I was there as well.