PDA

View Full Version : Albion Day in Worthing

Martinsleftpeg
18-05-2015, 12:37 PM
I see from my local paper that there is going to be an "Albion Day" in Worthing centre on 21 June. I know there are a number of Palace fans in the area so it would be great if we could show ourselves preferably in Palace tops so they are reminded of our presence and that they don't have 100% of support (as they seem to think) locally. :lux::lux:

SJ'sLoveMonkey
18-05-2015, 12:42 PM
If I ever go to Worthing I always see a fair few Palace shirts, have yet to see a Brighton one

Penstone Eagle
18-05-2015, 12:59 PM
I see from my local paper that there is going to be an "Albion Day" in Worthing centre on 21 June. I know there are a number of Palace fans in the area so it would be great if we could show ourselves preferably in Palace tops so they are reminded of our presence and that they don't have 100% of support (as they seem to think) locally. :lux::lux:

Wearing my Palace shirt in Worthing is something I do quite often, usually get a few glares from Brighton fans going into Sports Direct to get their Chelsea or Man U shirts, but sure to get a reaction on this day.

Martinsleftpeg
18-05-2015, 12:59 PM
I have seen a few but the Weeds are here in force, albeit mainly kids but a fair number of older Weeds with jackets and hats etc

Martinsleftpeg
18-05-2015, 01:01 PM
Wearing my Palace shirt in Worthing is something I do quite often, usually get a few glares from Brighton fans going into Sports Direct to get their Chelsea or Man U shirts, but sure to get a reaction on this day.

Nice one hope we can make our presence felt !

Penstone Eagle
18-05-2015, 01:16 PM
I have seen a few but the Weeds are here in force, albeit mainly kids but a fair number of older Weeds with jackets and hats etc

Certainly a lot more since their promotion, I coached youth football locally between 2002 and 2009 and it was rare that kids wore Brighton shirts, the 'old timers' have always worn their colours to be fair.

wigman
18-05-2015, 06:41 PM
If I ever go to Worthing I always see a fair few Palace shirts, have yet to see a Brighton one

We have big support in the Worthing area, even Penstone cannot argue with that one. :D

wigman
18-05-2015, 06:43 PM

Next time you come down, make your 1st port of call Specsavers. :D

Pikie Punisher
18-05-2015, 08:11 PM
We have big support in the Worthing area, even Penstone cannot argue with that one. :D

Was in Worthing Saturday, Christ, these days it looks like a drop in centre for down and outs!! :eek: And you lot call us pikeys! :D

SJ'sLoveMonkey
18-05-2015, 08:12 PM

I am not saying there aren't any Brighton fans there I am just saying every time I have been there i haven't seen any, sorry if that doesn't fit with your ideal! :hi:

Martinsleftpeg
18-05-2015, 08:29 PM
Was in Worthing Saturday, Christ, these days it looks like a drop in centre for down and outs!! :eek: And you lot call us pikeys! :D

Were you pissed? It is unimaginably preferable to Croydon anyway

New LP
18-05-2015, 08:45 PM
Were you pissed? It is unimaginably preferable to Croydon anyway

Have you actually been to Croydon much?

Martinsleftpeg
18-05-2015, 09:12 PM
Yes

New LP
18-05-2015, 09:22 PM
Yes

Great. So why do you write the same stereotypical, ignorant drivel that others seem to about such a large and varied place then?

Penstone Eagle
19-05-2015, 07:29 AM

But not the branch that you go to, you've clearly found it difficult to see the empty seats when stating attendances for your end of season games :D

Penstone Eagle
19-05-2015, 07:32 AM

Only when the bowls tournaments aren't on though :D

Martinsleftpeg
19-05-2015, 07:47 AM
Great. So why do you write the same stereotypical, ignorant drivel that others seem to about such a large and varied place then?

You probably answered your own question as you accept that the opinion I have is widely held ..... why a reducing number of Palace fans actually live in the area maybe ?

Billyd
19-05-2015, 07:51 AM
Why arent palace running days like this in the local community?

Martinsleftpeg
19-05-2015, 07:55 AM
Why arent palace running days like this in the local community?

Used to have open days years ago which were good for younger fans

CPFC_DAVE77
19-05-2015, 08:07 AM
It baffles me when Palace fans throw stones about other clubs' areas being horrible.

I have lost count of the times I have walked past an old mattress or washing machine on the way to Selhurst, just after coming out of the piss stained alley way on adjacent to the block of flats.

Hardly Monaco is it.

We have enough ammunition over Brighton, without going down a rout in which they can make a reasonable response.

Martinsleftpeg
19-05-2015, 08:44 AM
It baffles me when Palace fans throw stones about other clubs' areas being horrible.

I have lost count of the times I have walked past an old mattress or washing machine on the way to Selhurst, just after coming out of the piss stained alley way on adjacent to the block of flats.

Hardly Monaco is it.

We have enough ammunition over Brighton, without going down a rout in which they can make a reasonable response.

Very true - those in glass houses should not throw stones me thinks

CPFC_DAVE77
19-05-2015, 09:30 AM
Very true - those in glass houses should not throw stones me thinks

Those in a Crystal Palace should not throw stones, but should revel in the smugness that comes from being immeasurably better than your bitterest rivals.

horsham palace
19-05-2015, 02:22 PM
Some Palace fans are bowlers too you know!!

The Norwoodsman
19-05-2015, 02:54 PM

Hardly Monaco is it.

If you mean the piss stained alleyway next to the former Co-Op on Station Road (where the Irish guy got killed), then Aldi have properly tarted that up as part of their store re-fit. Being more of a Waitrose ponce by inclination I was a bit suspicious of having an Aldi, but fair play that whole block looks a shitload better.

Soiled Matresses and dead washing machines I'll give you though, which pisses me off no end. Particularly at bottom of Whitworth Road.

wigman
19-05-2015, 03:43 PM

I'll take that as a yes then. :D

wigman
19-05-2015, 06:31 PM

Some of our 25,644 average home attendance have to live somewhere !

RUSSELL
19-05-2015, 06:37 PM

Yawn!

SJ'sLoveMonkey
19-05-2015, 06:47 PM

And you say it's me who needs to go to Specsavers! :D

Billyd
19-05-2015, 08:13 PM

Their houses are so nice that 7-8k thousand don't actually turn up.

New LP
19-05-2015, 08:28 PM
You probably answered your own question as you accept that the opinion I have is widely held ..... why a reducing number of Palace fans actually live in the area maybe ?

Of course it's fashionable to knock Croydon, that doesn't make it right though, which is why I am pulling you up on it. I assume by 'Croydon' you really mean Selhurst, Thornton Heath, West Croydon etc? I would agree that people have moved out of these areas, as is the case throughout London.

However, I think a lot of Palace fans live in the south of the Borough, generally in areas which are fairly prosperous middle class leafy suburbia like anywhere else and I would suspect are more affluent and have higher house prices than a small, rather shabby town like Worthing.

Martinsleftpeg
19-05-2015, 08:36 PM
Small and shabby!!! There are penthouse flats overlooking the sea here going for over. 1m mate I wouldn't call it shabby unless you don't appreciate well maintained Victorian and Edwardian villas in a lovely location. You don't get people moving from here to Croydon but the other way round. I know you are only trying to defend your own patch but you are deluding yourself if you think this place is small and shabby. Doh!

Pikie Punisher
19-05-2015, 08:46 PM

Hardly Monaco is it.

I was just making an honest "sober" general observation about the people I saw in the centre of Worthing (living in deepest Weedland for many years now) not making any comparisons with Croydon/Selhurst at all (knowing some very grim areas there well), many locals say the same about the town these days.

New LP
19-05-2015, 08:57 PM
Small and shabby!!! There are penthouse flats overlooking the sea here going for over. 1m mate I wouldn't call it shabby unless you don't appreciate well maintained Victorian and Edwardian villas in a lovely location. You don't get people moving from here to Croydon but the other way round. I know you are only trying to defend your own patch but you are deluding yourself if you think this place is small and shabby. Doh!

Annoying when people write utter bollocks about the place where you live based on a few lazy stereotypes isn't it?

Martinsleftpeg
19-05-2015, 09:02 PM
The trouble with your logic is that I have lived in both places and am in a position to argue from experience and facts unlike your somewhat blinkered view but never mind eh night night zzzzz

spt1978
19-05-2015, 11:34 PM
**** me have I gone onto the location, location, location board by mistake.

We are heading for a second mid table prem finish in a row, brighton only finished 5th bottom because Rotherham had a points deduction. No Blackpool to take bottom spot next season, Brighton could have a tough time not getting relegated.

Penstone Eagle
20-05-2015, 06:23 AM
Small and shabby!!! There are penthouse flats overlooking the sea here going for over. 1m

My house would be worth that but sadly it has been devalued as I have views of the weeds new training ground :sob:

Martinsleftpeg
20-05-2015, 08:26 AM
My house would be worth that but sadly it has been devalued as I have views of the weeds new training ground :sob:

Yes I passed it yesterday and it looked very deserted (the training ground not your house ) even allowing for close season.

wigman
20-05-2015, 09:35 AM

You moved there not too long ago, you knew full well that the Elite Training Centre was going to be built.
In my opinion your property would've increased in value. :D

Payney
20-05-2015, 09:48 AM

Make sure your house insurance is watertight, you will be needing some new windows with CMS, COG and KLL training nearby.

Vince Hilaire's Afro
20-05-2015, 10:10 AM
Despite living in London, I used to occasionally have sex with a girl in her house in Worthing - free of charge

Penstone Eagle
20-05-2015, 01:17 PM
You moved there not too long ago, you knew full well that the Elite Training Centre was going to be built.
In my opinion your property would've increased in value. :D

The only reason I could afford it was because it became devalued :D I can still see the sea though so not all bad.