PDA

View Full Version : Tony Pulis to leave WBA

CPFC_DAVE77
31-05-2015, 08:02 AM
Paddy Power will give you 11/4 for Tony Pulis not to be in charge for WBA's first game of next season.

I'll have some of that...

CPFC_DAVE77
21-07-2015, 08:08 AM
Hmmmm....

Jon_C-Pal
21-07-2015, 08:20 AM
Is it just abit of tongue in cheek from Paddy Power, can't imagine theres any substances to it. Although I'd have said the same thing this time last year so who knows with that man.

Eagle Kneevil
21-07-2015, 08:27 AM
Telegraph reports that Pulis is "growing frustrated" at a lack of signings and held a 90 minute conference call with Jeremy Peace to try and speed things up a little...

cantspell
21-07-2015, 08:32 AM
Telegraph reports that Pulis is "growing frustrated" at a lack of signings and held a 90 minute conference call with Jeremy Peace to try and speed things up a little...
No one wants to join WBA at the pre season stage - feck marathons every few days:p

Jim Cannon
21-07-2015, 08:33 AM

If this is actually true TP needs to get a grip. He is a decent prem manager but he he seems to think he should be afforded the same spending habits of a top 4 club. If he did walk away in another huff it could be very damaging this time.

BR5 Eagle
21-07-2015, 08:36 AM

Is it John Percy - if it is that is where all the Palace leaks around Pulis' mood came from and probably a good indicator to the truth. He also used him to ransom the board in the January transfer window.

Les Butler
21-07-2015, 09:01 AM
Feck West Brom the dopey feckers did not give him the bonus for staying up did they ?

maestro
21-07-2015, 09:19 AM
Is it John Percy - if it is that is where all the Palace leaks around Pulis' mood came from and probably a good indicator to the truth. He also used him to ransom the board in the January transfer window.

Which to be fair was a bloody good window, It was Parish who didnt want to sign Dann and Pulis forced him to do it.

You can say alot about Pulis but for us his signings were excellent, alot better than this January.

CPFC_DAVE77
21-07-2015, 09:23 AM
Backed this ages ago

swissroll
21-07-2015, 09:28 AM
West Broms sale appears to have stalled and with Peace wanting out & that must be hurting transfers - they've managed to bring in 2 from Wigan. I can easily see Pulis walking in next couple of weeks if it doesn't get sorted.

foetus eagle
21-07-2015, 09:36 AM

Post-it note on his laptop said "Tony Pulis - ring Peace".

martin.cpfc
21-07-2015, 09:37 AM
Is it John Percy .

Yes it is - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/11750392/Liverpool-transfer-news-West-Brom-to-bid-3m-for-Rickie-Lambert.html

Radders
21-07-2015, 09:37 AM
Which to be fair was a bloody good window, It was Parish who didnt want to sign Dann and Pulis forced him to do it.

Is that a fact?

art malice
21-07-2015, 09:39 AM

:D

Mictor Voses
21-07-2015, 09:40 AM
As soon as I heard that the Chinese were in to buy WBA I immediately thought that Tony wouldn't like that. He won't be able to push them around at all. Would be absolutely hilarious if he left

maestro
21-07-2015, 10:00 AM
Is that a fact?

Its pretty well known

anti-addick
21-07-2015, 10:02 AM
This is great news :lux: Let's hope it ****s them up nicely.

East-End Eagle
21-07-2015, 10:06 AM
This is great news :lux: Let's hope it ****s them up nicely.

No I would rather he "****s up" his own reputation and career than another "football club"....

Radders
21-07-2015, 10:20 AM
Its pretty well known

Is it a fact?

RDSdaEAGLE
21-07-2015, 10:24 AM
Is it a fact?

Of course not, and there's absolutely no way that he can substantiate it.

Radders
21-07-2015, 10:26 AM
Of course not, and there's absolutely no way that he can substantiate it.

Just checking!:p

PauLo
21-07-2015, 10:31 AM
It's unlike maestro to make bold, unsubstantiated statements like that. He must be feeling under the weather.

Duffle Coat
21-07-2015, 10:52 AM
Yes it is - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/11750392/Liverpool-transfer-news-West-Brom-to-bid-3m-for-Rickie-Lambert.html

From that article:
Pulis is growing frustrated with the lack of signings and spoke with chairman Jeremy Peace in a 90-minute conference call on Sunday, in a bid to start making some headway on targets.

Wonder if our signings are adding to TP's frustrations?;)

Stockport_Eagle
21-07-2015, 11:23 AM
Can someone get a message to Jeremy that Neil was on talksport this morning and to call their switchboard if he wants a chat. As it happens Neil's having lunch with Brian Deane and Michael Tonge this week...he's welcome to come for some deadline day preparation if he wants.
:hi:

swissroll
21-07-2015, 11:25 AM

Nailed on to go then.

Jim Cannon
21-07-2015, 11:48 AM
Can someone get a message to Jeremy that Neil was on talksport this morning and to call their switchboard if he wants a chat. As it happens Neil's having lunch with Brian Deane and Michael Tonge this week...he's welcome to come for some deadline day preparation if he wants.:hi:

Paddy Kenny will be a bit put out he hasn't been invited:D

BR5 Eagle
21-07-2015, 12:01 PM
Nailed on to go then.

I wouldn't say to go but certainly agitating... it's amazing how transparent his behaviour is.

He did the same with us. Every time he wanted a player, fancied a row with Parish or had his nose out of joint John Percy had the story. Either he stalks Pulis or gets fed by the troll with the baseball cap.

Our club certainly does not miss him.

SA Eagle
21-07-2015, 12:07 PM
Its pretty well known

Can you point us to the evidence that supports it; by evidence I don't mean a few shit stirrers on an internet forum.

TIA

Grim Reaper
21-07-2015, 12:43 PM

Took me a good 10 seconds to get it....but I got there in the end :D

Dougieboy
21-07-2015, 01:04 PM
The good news for them is if he does walk out - Warnock is free

Oli28
21-07-2015, 04:50 PM
He will be there at the start of the season.

East-End Eagle
21-07-2015, 04:58 PM
Our club certainly does not miss him.

This is so so true...

cranesparkeagle
21-07-2015, 05:06 PM
11-4 suggests there is something to this doesn't it or is it just his history with us

New LP
21-07-2015, 05:09 PM
They have a poor, dirty team and would be relegation candidates without Pulis. Hope this happens.

Jim Cannon
21-07-2015, 05:50 PM
He will be there at the start of the season.

Or at least 2 days before:D

Pistol Knight
21-07-2015, 05:50 PM

Bruce will be available soon as well

Breaking rocks
21-07-2015, 05:56 PM

Don't forget Pearson :)

Gooders
21-07-2015, 06:06 PM
They have a poor, dirty team and would be relegation candidates without Pulis. Hope this happens.

Agree.

I was gutted when he left but I'm so over him now it's not funny. The guy's a **** and will get found out sooner or later.

Yogya
21-07-2015, 06:09 PM
Its pretty well known

Does not make it a fact, which I think was the question

Jim Cannon
21-07-2015, 06:14 PM
Bruce will be available soon as well

They seem to alternate between a reasonable choices that have worked out (Hodgson, Clarke) and leftfield ones (Pepe Mel, Alan Irvine), so you never know with them:D

CPFC Lad
21-07-2015, 06:37 PM
I really hope this happens :D

SA Eagle
21-07-2015, 09:08 PM
Does not make it a fact, which I think was the question

Of course it's not, hence why despite being called out on it a number of times Maestro has failed to provide any evidence to back it up

art malice
21-07-2015, 09:10 PM
He'll be eyeing a proper job at a proper football club, no disrespect to West Bromwich Albion which is a smashing football club

spt1978
21-07-2015, 09:11 PM
Surely not, Stoke are never going to have him back, he must understand this.

spt1978
21-07-2015, 09:15 PM
Could this be holding up the WH / McCarty deals?

Kidofwonder
22-07-2015, 12:55 AM
got 20/1 with skybet.

Crozzy71
22-07-2015, 06:49 AM
He must have bagged his now annual £1m staying up bonus so he's probably whoring himself around to the next highest bidder.

Probably fancy's a few months off before swooping into Bournemouth in November. It'll be a short journey for him from home.

East-End Eagle
22-07-2015, 06:53 AM
He'll be eyeing a proper job at a proper football club, no disrespect to West Bromwich Albion which is a smashing football club

somewhere where the owners are "proper football people"....

East-End Eagle
22-07-2015, 06:55 AM
He must have bagged his now annual £1m staying up bonus so he's probably whoring himself around to the next highest bidder.

Probably fancy's a few months off before swooping into Bournemouth in November. It'll be a short journey for him from home.

That would be his dream move, with dirty 'arry as his director of football givign him unlimited access to the russians millions...dream job for him...

Vince Hilaire's Afro
22-07-2015, 08:43 AM
Currently totting up the summer transfer expenditure of every PL club, and readying himself for a carefully executed stage managed exit if WBA's spending is in the bottom three.

Brand Pulis must not be compromised abort abort relegation is not an option abort

CPFC_DAVE77
22-07-2015, 08:53 AM
Problem with Pulis is that after what he did with us, his stock was high. We didn't really go out and have a good window last summer with Pulis, and people outside of the situation could make a good case for Team Pulis.

If, however, he does the same at West Brom, even if the truth was that neither club backed him, clubs will be cautious appointing him outside of needing a boost in the middle of a relegation battle.

Pulis needs to be careful before walking again, but I wouldn't put it past him.

jason7
22-07-2015, 09:05 AM
If we still had that odious toad in charge down here we wouldnt be bathing in the Cabeye bubbles,it would have been Darren Fletcher.Not quite the same. Looking forward to attractive passing football as opposed to lump it and bullying them 1-0 up shut up shop football.We had a lucky escape there.

Wolfnipplechips
22-07-2015, 09:07 AM
Can somebody change the thread title?

I nearly pissed myself.

maestro
22-07-2015, 09:08 AM
If we still had that odious toad in charge down here we wouldnt be bathing in the Cabeye bubbles,it would have been Darren Fletcher.Not quite the same. Looking forward to attractive passing football as opposed to lump it and bullying them 1-0 up shut up shop football.We had a lucky escape there.

True, what a disaster he was for us, and god his transfer buys were just so awfull :rolleyes:

sydnsteve
22-07-2015, 09:09 AM
I'd love him to go but think it most unlikely

jason7
22-07-2015, 09:22 AM
True, what a disaster he was for us, and god his transfer buys were just so awfull :rolleyes:

Well apart from Ledley,Kelly,thought he did well to bolster the squad with some good additions,weird you should think that way mate.

Radders
22-07-2015, 09:39 AM

Good job he managed to force Parish to get players like Dann eh?:clown:

maestro
22-07-2015, 09:46 AM
Good job he managed to force Parish to get players like Dann eh?:clown:

He had to threaten to quit to get Dann 'over the line' if you want to get a floavour of what was going on go back and read his mate John Percys articles at the time.

You can make snidey comments all you like but what you cant deny is that Dann and Ledley were Pulis signings, he tried to sign them previously at stoke.

People on here can call Pulis all the names under the sun and thats fine, the guy is a **** but one thing im not having is people saying he was poor for us or that his transfers were poor.

He did an amazing job here and that january transfer window was the best we have ever had, in comparison this seasons was shocking.

Wolfnipplechips
22-07-2015, 09:50 AM
He had to threaten to quit to get Dann 'over the line'

Hasn't this been done before somewhere?

East-End Eagle
22-07-2015, 09:55 AM
People on here can call Pulis all the names under the sun and thats fine, the guy is a **** but one thing im not having is people saying he was poor for us or that his transfers were poor.

He did an amazing job here and that january transfer window was the best we have ever had, in comparison this seasons was shocking.

Cant argue with the players he brought in and the job he done. Thankfully those players are better human beings than the man that signed them....

adrenalin john
22-07-2015, 10:16 AM
He had to threaten to quit to get Dann 'over the line' if you want to get a floavour of what was going on go back and read his mate John Percys articles at the time.

That's Pulis' version. The truth is the board have backed every manager. In the summer Pulis pretty much refused to sign anyone - why? Because he was going to be off as soon as he had engineered getting his bonuses paid early.

You can make snidey comments all you like but what you cant deny is that Dann and Ledley were Pulis signings, he tried to sign them previously at stoke.

This is undeniably true. We were a defensive shambles and a squad devoid of belief. Pulis turned that right around and saved us, the signing of Dann and Ledley were excelllent bits of business.

Radders
22-07-2015, 10:20 AM

1) I dont know or care who John Percy is. but he's a 'mate' of TP's is he? And of course, his 'mate' wouldnt write any articles biased towards TP and anti 2010 would he? Of course not. Get a grip.

2) Your open to snidey comments when you proclaim bollocks and hearsay as truth. Nobody is denying these were good TP signings.

3) 'january transfer window was the best we have ever had, in comparison this seasons was shocking'
Dann and Ledley, great. Punch was already here, Hennessey and Ince were brought in.
This Jan we brought in Soare, Lee C-Y, Zaha and got Murray in the side and got a top 10 finish. So your comment that Jan 2014 was the best we've ever had and 2015's in comparison was shocking is total bollocks.

That aside, your post is spot on.

maestro
22-07-2015, 10:25 AM
This Jan we brought in Soare, Lee C-Y, Zaha and got Murray in the side and got a top 10 finish. So your comment that Jan 2014 was the best we've ever had and 2015's in comparison was shocking is total bollocks.

That aside, your post is spot on.

How can you count Murray as a transfer, jesus christ

Sanogo, Ameobi, Lee, Mutch contributed nothing, Zaha on a permanent was a good move but that wasnt a Pardew signing the same as me not giving credit to Pulis for signing Puncheon last january.

Jury is still out on Soaure.

Zaha aside I wouldnt be surprised to see them all moved on by the end of next summer, indeed 2 of them are already gone.

Radders
22-07-2015, 10:34 AM
How can you count Murray as a transfer, jesus christ

Sanogo, Ameobi, Lee, Mutch contributed nothing, Zaha on a permanent was a good move but that wasnt a Pardew signing.

Jury is still out on Soaure.

Zaha aside I wouldnt be surprised to see them all moved on by the end of next summer, indeed 2 of them are already gone.

How can you not count bringing Murray back into the side?? Would it have been a better window if we had spent 10miilion on Carlos Kickaball?? Jesus Christ!!

Sanogo was a loan. (he moved on because he wasnt our player)
Ameobi was primarily a coach. (was only ever a stop-gap playing wise)
Mutch was unfit and then injured.
So Zaha wasnt a Pardew signing? Was it Pulis? Freedman? Or do you just apportion credit to the manager at the time only if it suits your agenda?

As for the 'jury still being out', much as it still is on Hennessey and Ince but that doesnt equate to your claim that one was the 'best window ever' and the other 'shocking in comparison'. Utter tosh.

hdeagle
22-07-2015, 11:15 AM
Smashing club West Brom does that refer to why Dawson smashed his elbow into Speroni's face.

Odious thugs is more appropriate.

Pulis connection or not.

jason7
22-07-2015, 11:20 AM
So lets see ,Dann,ledley,hennesey=Tony(odious toad)pullis
Mutch,Soaure,Lee,Cabaye,Bamford-Alan(super Al)Pardew

No i think Super Al wins.Plus there may be more to come.I will take attractive attacking football over hoof it 1-0 up shut up shop football.We had a lucky escape with Odious toad.

jason7
22-07-2015, 11:39 AM
says it all really,we are lucky to be away from Pullis and looking forward to attacking and entertainment in the next season.As opposed to boring 1-0 wins,22% possession games.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3170619/Crystal-Palace-showed-dangerous-counter-season-summer-recruits-Eagles-set-soar.html

CPFC_DAVE77
22-07-2015, 11:56 AM
16/1 to be the next Prem manager to leave his position.

jason7
22-07-2015, 02:10 PM
Go on Snidey toad leave another club up S*it street,all because no chairman trust you with bringing in players.Face it .Funny how the 2 clubs you managed have gone on to bigger and better more attractive football since they ditched your ugly football tactics.

CharlieCPFC
22-07-2015, 02:31 PM
Go on Snidey toad leave another club up S*it street,all because no chairman trust you with bringing in players.Face it .Funny how the 2 clubs you managed have gone on to bigger and better more attractive football since they ditched your ugly football tactics.

You need to learn to walk before you can run.

And Pulis can get teams walking very well.

Let's not deny the fact he done a superb job at Palace. If you genuinely believe anybody else could have got us a similar points tally as he did in the state that he took us over in then you're severely deluded. He spent very well and I have full respect for the job he did. I was of course pissed off the way he walked out on us as it could have had a real detrimental affect on us.

Pardew came to the rescue and has really lifted the club in every aspect of it. We look as strong as ever and there's a general feeling we're onto something good.

Why people compare Pardew to Pulis I don't know, both terrific managers in this division who have/are doing a great job at our club.

I don't care really too much about Pulis like he doesn't care too much about Palace. Not a like or dislike towards him, I'm happy with his accomplishments what he done here as I'm sure he is but that's about it.

I actually hope he does leave WBA personally as that's another side severely weakened in this league.

jason7
22-07-2015, 02:56 PM
Your right Charlie,but looking back wasnt it dull.But now we are looking forward to an exciting team for the coming season.This time last year there were not exciting signings coming.

Tomo
22-07-2015, 03:03 PM
I didn’t think it was dull all the time. Some games (Sunderland away) were beyond awful, but for most parts I enjoyed watching us play. However I’m glad we have progressed. I don’t particularly like him now but will be grateful for the job he did over 6 or 7 months.

SA Eagle
22-07-2015, 05:55 PM

Interesting. A Google search reveals no such suggestion of a threat to quit; maybe you could provide a link to said article from Mr Percy.

Jon_C-Pal
22-07-2015, 06:12 PM
As with most managers since cpfc2010 took over the club, Pulis put us in to a position to build and take away a minor blip, we have. Each managers input, wether it be a signing or the way they rubbed off on a player, has had an affect on where we are today and that can't be shot down like a lot do on here.

danpalace07
22-07-2015, 06:19 PM
Another club he can **** up for a month while they have to find a new manager

Greedy, club shop wearing twat. Just leave them now and get it over with

danpalace07
22-07-2015, 06:21 PM
Well apart from Ledley,Kelly,thought he did well to bolster the squad with some good additions,weird you should think that way mate.

Ledley is class

Oli28
22-07-2015, 06:56 PM
16/1 to be the next Prem manager to leave his position.
Where?

Lee sinnots ear
22-07-2015, 07:03 PM

Unbelievably Mr Maestro I was thinking finally after 25,000+ post you'd finally said something I agree with, until I read the last sentence I quote" this seasons was shocking"

Just what planet do you live on??:S:

maestro
22-07-2015, 07:11 PM
Unbelievably Mr Maestro I was thinking finally after 25,000+ post you'd finally said something I agree with, until I read the last sentence I quote" this seasons was shocking"

The new signings in January contributed **** all, your January signings are usually ones that give you extra momentum to end the season, none of ours did that

Sanogo and Ameobi didnt score 1 PL goal between them, indeed Sanogo is one the worse players at Palace ive seen in along time.

Mutch was grossly unfit and contributed nothing, jury is still out but already looks surplus to requirements

Lee had a broken leg and made one solitary poor performance.

Souare - Jury is still out on him, best I can say about him is he looks ok-ish

Compare that to the previous January where we picked up

Dann
Ledley
Henessey
Ince

There is no comparison

Lee sinnots ear
22-07-2015, 07:37 PM
The new signings in January contributed **** all, your January signings are usually ones that give you extra momentum to end the season, none of ours did that

Sanogo and Ameobi didnt score 1 PL goal between them, indeed Sanogo is one the worse players at Palace ive seen in along time.

Mutch was grossly unfit and contributed nothing, jury is still out but already looks surplus to requirements

Dann
Ledley
Henessey
Ince

There is no comparison
I'll concede that Jan 14 was good and you make a good point but I still would not call Jan 15 "shocking"

Billyd
22-07-2015, 09:03 PM
I'll concede that Jan 14 was good and you make a good point but I still would not call Jan 15 "shocking"

Jan 15 was not shocking but the Jan 14 window was probably our best ever.

SA Eagle
22-07-2015, 09:07 PM
Certainly had more of an immediate impact than any other

west country boy
22-07-2015, 09:12 PM

Just what planet do you live on??:S:maestro goes to Selhurst Park about as often as I do therefore he knows cock-all, despite the fact that he played for Purley Panthers Thirds at the age of 17. He also loves Ched Evans.

maestro
22-07-2015, 09:30 PM
maestro goes to Selhurst Park about as often as I do therefore he knows cock-all, despite the fact that he played for Purley Panthers Thirds at the age of 17. He also loves Ched Evans.

Why does everyone get personal with me, if you dotn agree with my post then put out your own opinion, and Ive never said I was the worlds best player but did ok thanks very much, If you want to know I played for amongst others Croydon schools, Surrey, Crystal Palace youth, and a few non league teams inc a good spell at Sutton United where I played against quite a few pro sides.

I dont say that to impress people, I imagine there are better players than me on here but If you having a pop about me being clueless im going to stand up for myself, personally Im quite proud of what I did

People have a go at me yet to be serious are lucky to have played anything more than pub football on a sunday morning.

Gooders
23-07-2015, 06:52 AM

Zurg.

Radders
23-07-2015, 08:46 AM

Dann
Ledley
Henessey
Ince

There is no comparison

Henessey and Ince hardly played. So basically Dann & Ledley made a bigger impact than Sanogo, Mutch and Soare (who were the only ones who really had any game time)
Sanogo was pretty poor but also had some decent games at Burnley, Southampton and was really good off the bench against Leicester.
Soare, yes, the jury still out but he showed some promise.
Ameobi was primarily a coach and some support for Pardew more than players on the pitch.
Mutch was disappointing.
Lee has played in the Prem, has played for his country and is clearly a good player as Im sure he will show this season.
You also seem to have trouble grasping (with some geniuses like Friskey it seems) that bringing Murray back in (rather than pissing a few million up the wall which it seems makes it a BETTER transfer window) made a serious difference.
Either way, we finished 10th. Pardew did enough in that window to get us into the top 10 and also give players like Soare, Lee and Mutch more time to settle which meant we needed less in THIS window.
Whilst the signings of Dann and Ledley were excllent from Pulis, Pardew actually moved us higher up the table than TP did and you compare the two by saying one was the ' Best window ever' and the other 'shocking in comparison'
Genius.

west country boy
23-07-2015, 09:24 AM
Why does everyone get personal with me, if you dotn agree with my post then put out your own opinion, and Ive never said I was the worlds best player but did ok thanks very much, If you want to know I played for amongst others Croydon schools, Surrey, Crystal Palace youth, and a few non league teams inc a good spell at Sutton United where I played against quite a few pro sides.

I dont say that to impress people, I imagine there are better players than me on here but If you having a pop about me being clueless im going to stand up for myself, personally Im quite proud of what I did

People have a go at me yet to be serious are lucky to have played anything more than pub football on a sunday morning.http://kristiemercer.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/fish.gif

CPFC_DAVE77
23-07-2015, 09:35 AM
Jan 15 was not shocking but the Jan 14 window was probably our best ever.

Jan 15 not shocking is about as close to praise as you can get. We signed:

Lee - injured and we still don't know if he has an immediate future here
Ameobi - need I say more?
Mutch - I like but can hardly go down as a good signing yet
Pap - not cheap and a dreadful start. Improving but can you call that a success yet?

SA Eagle
23-07-2015, 10:23 AM

People have a go at me yet to be serious are lucky to have played anything more than pub football on a sunday morning.

Just because you've played at a higher level than others doesn't make your opinion more valuable, or even right. See Shearer A. Gullit R. & Townsend A. for further evidence of this

East-End Eagle
23-07-2015, 04:15 PM
Just because you've played at a higher level than others doesn't make your opinion more valuable, or even right. See Shearer A. Gullit R. & Townsend A. for further evidence of this

Gullit worst pundit ever on MoTD and he has some competition!

New LP
23-07-2015, 04:37 PM
Gullit worst pundit ever on MoTD and he has some competition!

Phil Neville is worse, I still get annoyed thinking back to his disgracefully biased 'analysis' of the Man Utd game last season.

Although he's fecked off to Valencia so maybe we're shot of him.

East-End Eagle
24-07-2015, 08:16 AM
I dont think Gullit even watches the games beforehand. His knowledge of the premier league is so poor.

anyway getting off thread, time for me to post a standard "Pulis did a good job but is a bit of c - unit"

JAS78
25-07-2015, 11:31 PM
Looks like west brom now offering contract to released ex arsenal Diaby, 2 games in 2 seasons ? smacks of a plan c type of signing

Then you see threads like this on their forum http://westbrom.com/forum/index.php?topic=16680.0

Walking out two seasons straight? unlikely, but you just can't rule it out

Palace121
25-07-2015, 11:55 PM
Looks like west brom now offering contract to released ex arsenal Diaby, 2 games in 2 seasons ? smacks of a plan c type of signing

Then you see threads like this on their forum http://westbrom.com/forum/index.php?topic=16680.0

Walking out two seasons straight? unlikely, but you just can't rule it out

I'd love Diaby at Palace. Quality player (albeit extremely one-footed).

Palace121
26-07-2015, 12:03 AM
Jan 15 not shocking is about as close to praise as you can get. We signed:

Lee - injured and we still don't know if he has an immediate future here
Ameobi - need I say more?
Mutch - I like but can hardly go down as a good signing yet
Pap - not cheap and a dreadful start. Improving but can you call that a success yet?

Harsh. My view:

Lee: Injured when we signed him but comes with an excellent reputation. Yet to be proven but looked good on Friday.

Ameobi: Bought as cheap cover. Did a job when brought on (better than Sanogo - our only bad January signing)

Mutch: Was quality at Cardiff. Struggled with QPR but that can be put down to a fitness regime and poor team spirit. Not going to light up the world but solid cover.

Pap: Needs to be given time to get used to the pace of the premier league but has settled pretty quickly. Looks excellent going forward. I think he'll play a part in quite a few of our goals this coming season. His defending needs work but again, it's just a case of getting used to the league.

Gooders
26-07-2015, 05:13 AM
He can't walk out 2 seasons running - it would finish him as a manager.

I think they'll struggle to attract players not just because they don't want to pay the money but because a good proportion of them won't want to play in a Pulis team.

It's too much like hard work!

Gooders
26-07-2015, 05:18 AM
I see their takeover talks have been "suspended".

Kidofwonder
27-07-2015, 06:23 AM
Every day theres no signings is a day closer to me picking up £100

old geezer
27-07-2015, 06:36 AM

Calm down dear it is only a chat site

spt1978
27-07-2015, 06:39 AM
West Brom's window is looking remarkable like ours did up to the point of Pulis walking out. Really could see lightening striking twice and him walking out.

pauldrulez
27-07-2015, 09:25 AM
I'm happy with my 16/1 anyway!

adman50
27-07-2015, 09:32 AM
I'd love Diaby at Palace. Quality player (albeit extremely one-footed).

There is no doubting he is class but the guy is always injured. Look at Jerome Thomas- professional cripple blighted by odd appearances :D

adman50
27-07-2015, 09:38 AM
Reading that WBA thread makes me think back to this time last year.

It's well known Pulis is a complete control freak even down to who works in the canteen. I suspect he is just not used to be told no hence why he gets pissy. If he walked out again it would more or less end him surely? Finally, surely a set budget structure must be put into a contract of some sort to say he has X amount to spend. It will be interesting to see how they get on in the remaining month or so of the window.

CPFC_DAVE77
27-07-2015, 09:54 AM
I'm happy with my 16/1 anyway!

Same.

Shipp Ahoy!
28-07-2015, 04:39 PM
Diaby has turned them down :D

CPFC_DAVE77
28-07-2015, 07:22 PM
Hahahahha

Pinkie Brown
28-07-2015, 07:31 PM
Some busy bookies on the south coast tonight

Jim Cannon
28-07-2015, 08:33 PM

:D

JDawg
28-07-2015, 08:49 PM
Certainly had more of an immediate impact than any other

Jan 13? Dobbie and in particular, KP?

Timbo
28-07-2015, 09:25 PM

Weren't his terms agreed before he had the medical?? or has it broken down even earlier than that?

maestro
28-07-2015, 09:30 PM
Given the money in the game next season I imagine he will be in massive demand come xmas time if he did walk out.

Tomo
28-07-2015, 10:21 PM
Given the money in the game next season I imagine he will be in massive demand come xmas time if he did walk out.

He'll become less of a manager and more of a relegation avoidance consultant. His stock will only last for as long as he does it.

GorBlimey
28-07-2015, 10:42 PM
He'll become less of a manager and more of a relegation avoidance consultant. His stock will only last for as long as he does it.

He'll earn quite a few million quid in the process for effectively a few months work a year.

It's actually a very good niche skill with a lucrative outcome for all concerned if he's successful and he seems to deliver.

Shipp Ahoy!
28-07-2015, 10:46 PM
Given the money in the game, certainly is good work to get. If he can keep doing it he could make an absolute heap!

dilem
28-07-2015, 10:51 PM
Given the money in the game, certainly is good work to get. If he can keep doing it he could make an absolute heap!

He already has

Kidofwonder
28-07-2015, 10:58 PM
IF he misses out on Chester and Lambert he'll walk otherwise he'll stay

Jim Cannon
28-07-2015, 11:11 PM
He'll earn quite a few million quid in the process for effectively a few months work a year.

It's actually a very good niche skill with a lucrative outcome for all concerned if he's successful and he seems to deliver.

10M bonus?

Vince Hilaire's Afro
28-07-2015, 11:23 PM
Staying is definitely an option, but if WBA falter in the league, expect a Brand Pulis media propaganda campaign of Goebbels proportions surrounding the issue of lack of investment

danpalace07
28-07-2015, 11:39 PM
Staying is definitely an option, but if WBA falter in the league, expect a Brand Pulis media propaganda campaign of Goebbels proportions surrounding the issue of lack of investment

I'm sure his journo mate at the Telegraph has already drafted the article

GorBlimey
28-07-2015, 11:51 PM
10M bonus?

Given the difference in Sky cash for being relegated and losing the cash if you fail to get back I'd say that would be a minimum.

Around £100 million per season is the new Sky money so regardless of parachute payments, it's got to be worth paying out £30 million+ for keeping a club up versus relegation.

Maybe the manager won't get all of it and the players will get big bonuses too but the sums involved are staggering.

JAS78
29-07-2015, 12:18 AM
Mourinho's contract is only £8M a year, Pep Guardiola is the highest earner circa£15M a year

No one in their right mind is going to pay Tony ******* Pulis £10M in bonuses :D

Timbo
29-07-2015, 12:35 AM
Given the difference in Sky cash for being relegated and losing the cash if you fail to get back I'd say that would be a minimum.

Around £100 million per season is the new Sky money so regardless of parachute payments, it's got to be worth paying out £30 million+ for keeping a club up versus relegation.

Maybe the manager won't get all of it and the players will get big bonuses too but the sums involved are staggering.

Nah your estimates look much too high.

adrenalin john
29-07-2015, 04:26 AM
Agree.

I was gutted when he left but I'm so over him now it's not funny. The guy's a **** and will get found out sooner or later.

The irony is he is a one trick pony that has one way of playing. If all the players buy into it he can squeeze great results out of inferior players (as long as they don't concede first).

And the irony? Well you can give him an unlimited transfer budget and he will squeeze the same performance out of over priced, over waged and the over aged. See Stoke passim

He was perfect for us when he joined and West Brom when he joined them - as long as you view Premier survival as the be all and end all.

JDawg
29-07-2015, 05:29 AM
The irony is he is a one trick pony that has one way of playing. If all the players buy into it he can squeeze great results out of inferior players (as long as they don't concede first).

And the irony? Well you can give him an unlimited transfer budget and he will squeeze the same performance out of over priced, over waged and the over aged. See Stoke passim

He was perfect for us when he joined and West Brom when he joined them - as long as you view Premier survival as the be all and end all.

With £100m for being in the PL versus about £10m (plus parachute) for being in the Championship survival is the be all and end all. Unless that is you're challenging for the top six and that's a whole different financial arms race.

Gooders
29-07-2015, 05:59 AM

Yep.

CPFC_DAVE77
29-07-2015, 07:47 AM
Diaby signed for Marseille.

art malice
29-07-2015, 07:55 AM
Tony Pulis's brain now getting messages from itchy feet.

CPFC_DAVE77
29-07-2015, 10:05 AM
Signed Chester which makes this seem less likely.

pauldrulez
29-07-2015, 10:16 AM
Last year he did a runner when Martin Kelly was being given a tour of the training ground!

So, I wouldn't be too shocked

EryrExile
29-07-2015, 10:27 AM
Pulis to leave complaining that Chester isn't a Pulis-type defender, page 8.

Eaglesmad123
29-07-2015, 10:31 AM
Pulis won't leave West Brom

Sir.S.C Remembered
29-07-2015, 10:32 AM

Agree about the spending and squeezing the same performances out, but he won't be found out because regardless of his approach and how horrid it is to watch at times it is effective. Percentages are percentages and you can know they will be physical on set pieces but stopping it is another thing.

CPFC_DAVE77
29-07-2015, 10:36 AM
I agree with those that think he'd get a club again even if he leaves WBA before a ball is kicked.

With TV money next season, if Leicester were struggling come Xmas, they'd give him millions in incentives to keep them up.

PauLo
29-07-2015, 10:36 AM
I see he still mentions Stoke at every opportunity. This time claiming Chester "has the Manchester United stamp all over him, just like [Stoke City's] Ryan Shawcross and Darren Fletcher".

**** off Pulis.

CPFC_DAVE77
29-07-2015, 10:48 AM
I see he still mentions Stoke at every opportunity. This time claiming Chester "has the Manchester United stamp all over him, just like [Stoke City's] Ryan Shawcross and Darren Fletcher".

**** off Pulis.

I like the idea of a Manchester United stamp.

A stamp to the face...

AndyStreet
29-07-2015, 10:49 AM
I agree with those that think he'd get a club again even if he leaves WBA before a ball is kicked.

With TV money next season, if Leicester were struggling come Xmas, they'd give him millions in incentives to keep them up.

Don't quite a few balls end up being kicked between August and Christmas?

CPFC_DAVE77
29-07-2015, 10:55 AM
Don't quite a few balls end up being kicked between August and Christmas?

Yes. I am saying he could leave before the season starts, which would be the second time he has done it, but still get another club come Christmas when clubs panic about staying up and start sacking managers.

AndyStreet
29-07-2015, 10:57 AM
Yes. I am saying he could leave before the season starts, which would be the second time he has done it, but still get another club come Christmas when clubs panic about staying up and start sacking managers.
Ahh right, Roger that. Yes, of course he would. He'll find no shortage of salvo jobs over the coming seasons. I think he probably thinks himself better than that though.

Winny
29-07-2015, 11:05 AM
TP writes his own cheques come January window.

Will be 4/5 clubs looking to tone and his salvaging expertise to get them out the mire.

What club will be the most cracking for him???

AntiWenger
29-07-2015, 12:28 PM
Pulis to leave complaining that Chester isn't a Pulis-type defender, page 8.

I find it quite weird that Pulis signs a cb that is that short. I dont even understand why anyone would use a defender that short.

Kidofwonder
29-07-2015, 02:52 PM
Crouch and walters on their way

Pub Idol
29-07-2015, 02:57 PM
Cant stomach the man.

That said we shouldn't re-write history. His managerial performance from Nov-May was quite brilliant. He might be a one trick pony but seemingly the only pony who can actually perform that trick no matter how simple it might be.

anti-addick
29-07-2015, 03:18 PM
Treat him like a one night stand who was a good shag but afterwards we owe nothing.

WBA married the slut. Guaranteed not to be such a good shag and cost money too.

danpalace07
29-07-2015, 04:45 PM
Cant stomach the man.

That said we shouldn't re-write history. His managerial performance from Nov-May was quite brilliant. He might be a one trick pony but seemingly the only pony who can actually perform that trick no matter how simple it might be.

BFS would do it as well as him

K*O*O*C*H
29-07-2015, 04:55 PM
Cant stomach the man.

super al?

CPFC_DAVE77
30-07-2015, 11:12 AM
super al?

Has not 'repeated' it, has he?

maestro
31-07-2015, 08:51 PM
Tony has been busy, signed Rickie Lambert and in for David Marshall

Kidofwonder
18-08-2015, 03:46 PM
Hopefully they dont get anyone else in....could do with the cash :p

Eaglesmad123
18-08-2015, 07:47 PM
Hopefully they dont get anyone else in....could do with the cash :p

What makes you think he's leaving. Pulis is happy at West Brom

Kidofwonder
18-08-2015, 08:50 PM
What makes you think he's leaving. Pulis is happy at West Brom

just feint hope, whacked a fiver on a while back at 20-1 on him next premiership manager to leave as he had John Percy do a load of stuff in the press about him being frustrated

Stavros 69
18-08-2015, 08:52 PM
What are the odds on Dick leaving Sunderland?

BeaverWilly
02-09-2015, 05:44 AM
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tottenham-transfers-saido-berahino-not-6364906

snigger

Far East Eagle
02-09-2015, 08:15 AM
haha well if he is so angry then I hope he will stick by his word and resign from his contract as clubs can still sign free agents.

adrenalin john
02-09-2015, 10:49 AM
Loving the fall out between Spudz and the blaggies. With added bonus of Adebayor still drawing over 100k a week (plus employers NI), Beratantrumo refusing to play, and Tony suffering apupilisetexy.

Pure schadenfreudic pleasure

JamTheEagle
02-09-2015, 01:12 PM
Loving the fall out between Spudz and the blaggies. With added bonus of Adebayor still drawing over 100k a week (plus employers NI), Beratantrumo refusing to play, and Tony suffering apupilisetexy.

Pure schadenfreudic pleasure

:p It is rather amusing.

Martin H
08-04-2016, 11:39 AM
Looks like Pulis is touting for a new club in the Summer then. Nicely placed reminder to the world.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35996736

Nork1
08-04-2016, 12:07 PM
He's probably looking for an improved offer, say, an extra £3.5 million.

Jerry Murphy's Fringe
08-04-2016, 12:12 PM
Looks like Pulis is touting for a new club in the Summer then. Nicely placed reminder to the world.

I bet they do have a glass of wine each and then TP takes the bottle home for himself. And snatches the other bloke's chocolate mint that comes with the coffee.

Martin H
08-04-2016, 12:13 PM
I bet they do have a glass of wine each and then TP takes the bottle home for himself. And snatches the other bloke's chocolate mint that comes with the coffee.

No - I reckon they will sit down, order the food and wine and then Tony will get up and walk out just before it is served, leaving Peace with the bill......:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

ForestGateEagle
08-04-2016, 12:16 PM
No - I reckon they will sit down, order the food and wine and then Tony will get up and walk out just before it is served, leaving Peace with the bill......:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

So, where does contacting the south coast bookies fit in that sequence?

Martin H
08-04-2016, 12:20 PM
So, where does contacting the south coast bookies fit in that sequence?

Oh well before even booking the restaurant I suspect to get the best odds.

Heavily disguised of course so scan the CCTV for something like........ Danish Girl meets Arthur Mullard in high heels.

greybot
08-04-2016, 12:26 PM
He never wanted the West Brom job in the first place. Felt he had to take it as he'd been out of work a fair while and that was all that was available. Bet he was gutted when Lambert was sacked by Villa a month later. :D

Vince Hilaire's Afro
08-04-2016, 12:30 PM

So our chairman is not allowed to call him on the phone, but their's can take him out to dinner? Bitch.

Jim Cannon
08-04-2016, 12:32 PM
He's probably looking for an improved offer, say, an extra £3.5 million.

Or promising to leave if they cough now perhaps:D

Jim Cannon
08-04-2016, 12:36 PM

Surely Pulis would be refused entry to a posh establishment due to wearing a tracksuit trainers and a baseball cap anyway:D

Supa Pard
08-04-2016, 12:47 PM

I'm not the religious sort. I've been to church roughly 18 times in my lifetime but that sounds a lot like Judas at the last supper.

Vince Hilaire's Afro
08-04-2016, 12:56 PM
How do these articles about nothing actually come about anyway?

Does 'Team Pulis - Never Been Relegated' call up their reporter plant and say "we need to put in a passive aggressive story to pressurise the chairman into giving me a more lucrative contract, whilst alerting the rest of the world that I'm poachable otherwise", or are there reporters in Birmingham unable to sleep at night until they use every last vestige of their investigative talent to answer the burning question of his latest contract situation, and call him out of the blue for a quote?

WLYWLYAWYPWF
08-04-2016, 12:59 PM

I reckon Pulis will stay stood up for the entire meal and loudly interrupt anyone who talks.

Martin H
08-04-2016, 01:22 PM

Does 'Team Pulis - Never Been Relegated' call up their reporter plant and say "we need to put in a passive aggressive story to pressurise the chairman into giving me a more lucrative contract, whilst alerting the rest of the world that I'm poachable otherwise", or are there reporters in Birmingham unable to sleep at night until they use every last vestige of their investigative talent to answer the burning question of his latest contract situation, and call him out of the blue for a quote?

I thought he just rung his ex-Stoke journalist mate that leaks all his stories for him.

Jim Cannon
08-04-2016, 01:32 PM

I imagine it is more like Pulis calls his mate and says how he has been stung for 3.5M and is a bit skint so could he remind the world how great a gaffer he is so someone offers him more cash

JAS78
10-04-2016, 12:58 PM
Not sure the natives would appreciate this one

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3532180/Newcastle-eye-Tony-Pulis-replace-Rafa-Benitez-Spaniard-leaves-relegation.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Vince Hilaire's Afro
10-04-2016, 01:05 PM
Not sure the natives would appreciate this one

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3532180/Newcastle-eye-Tony-Pulis-replace-Rafa-Benitez-Spaniard-leaves-relegation.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

That's crazy. So, just after a random story appears in the press about Pulis wanting to sit down for a meal with the WBA chairman to discuss a new contract, his name is linked with a Championship bound yet high profile moneybags club?

Imagine that.

I hope Jeremy Peace tells Pulis "Like you said, there's no rush", and spends a year finding his replacement while letting his contract run down.

spt1978
10-04-2016, 01:08 PM
He needs to cash, owes a few quid to us.