PDA

View Full Version : Terry Wharton

Martin H
30-06-2015, 07:58 AM
no idea why but a vague memory if Terry popped into my head this morning. Seem to remember him joining us and I think he scored either a very quick goal early on in his stay or he scored the first goal of our season. Something like that. Didn't stay long being at the end of his career. The match I think was either in the North or against a Northern team.

Mick
30-06-2015, 08:57 AM
no idea why but a vague memory if Terry popped into my head this morning. Seem to remember him joining us and I think he scored either a very quick goal early on in his stay or he scored the first goal of our season. Something like that. Didn't stay long being at the end of his career. The match I think was either in the North or against a Northern team.

Can't recall the goal you mention, but he was a winger, joined us from Wolves, mid to late 60's I believe, possibly a Bert Head signing, although he normally went for Scottish players.

N Herts Eagle
30-06-2015, 09:15 AM
Can't recall the goal you mention, but he was a winger, joined us from Wolves, mid to late 60's I believe, possibly a Bert Head signing, although he normally went for Scottish players. Early 70's second season I think, we were struggling after a great start. Jim Scott was injured or off form I never knew which watching him play. Terry turned up played about 20 games. He came from Bolton, Bert had been scouting up there looking at John Byrom (the mystery man for those old enough to remember the story) Never really set the place alight though took a decent enough corner. Played for Wolves before Bolton and probably best known for his time there. Left us went to South Africa.

DARZET EAGLE
30-06-2015, 09:19 AM
Can't recall the goal you mention, but he was a winger, joined us from Wolves, mid to late 60's I believe, possibly a Bert Head signing, although he normally went for Scottish players.

He joined us in 1971-72 from Bolton and scored 5 goals in 20 appearances. His previous club was indeed Wolves. Thank you Wiki

KYLIE MINEAGLE
30-06-2015, 09:20 AM
I don't think he scored more than the one goal. If memory serves he came in after Colin Taylor had left as a replacement, but to my mind never was as good as him. But you know what old age is ,could be totally wrong.

KYLIE MINEAGLE
30-06-2015, 09:22 AM
He joined us in 1971-72 from Bolton and scored 5 goals in 20 appearances. His previous club was indeed Wolves. Thank you Wiki

Was it really that many . Love to know what games they were 71/72 will look in my palace book.

N Herts Eagle
30-06-2015, 09:27 AM
Was it really that many . Love to know what games they were 71/72 will look in my palace book. I would be interested to know I dont recall 5 ........dementia must be setting in....

KYLIE MINEAGLE
30-06-2015, 09:32 AM
Well according to Wiki he scored 5 in 20 appearances. Don't think this is right some how.

gcwhite
30-06-2015, 09:49 AM
According to the Reverend he only scored one goal, against Stoke.

HolmesdaleNomad
30-06-2015, 10:00 AM
For some reason I recall a song.

"Terry. Terry Wharton. Oo oo."

N Herts Eagle
30-06-2015, 10:04 AM
According to the Reverend he only scored one goal, against Stoke. I trust the Rev more than Wiki........

tils2468
30-06-2015, 10:27 AM
Early 70's second season I think, we were struggling after a great start. Jim Scott was injured or off form I never knew which watching him play. Terry turned up played about 20 games. He came from Bolton, Bert had been scouting up there looking at John Byrom (the mystery man for those old enough to remember the story) Never really set the place alight though took a decent enough corner. Played for Wolves before Bolton and probably best known for his time there. Left us went to South Africa.

actually vaguely rememer that mystery man thing ...
can you remind what it was please ?

Coveta
30-06-2015, 10:34 AM
If I recall correctly was probably the best corner taker I have ever seen! Low and with pace etc. Surely older fans have memories of this

Coveta
30-06-2015, 10:35 AM
Jim Scott used to 'tiptoe' down the wing!

DARZET EAGLE
30-06-2015, 10:41 AM

Havn't a clue. John Byrom only played for two clubs Blackburn and Bolton, with an average scoring ratio of one in three games. He was with Wharton at Bolton, there may be a link there.

N Herts Eagle
30-06-2015, 10:42 AM
can you remind what it was please ? We played a friendly mid season as we had been knocked out of the F A Cup. I think it was the PSV game but not certain, anyway we were looking at signing John Byrom and we had permission to play him in the game. At the time he was at Bolton and scoring a fair few. I think in an attempt to sell tickets he was Mr X in the press certainly Evening News and Standard and only announced at the game.

All of which meant nothing he did not play that well and we did not sign him.

DARZET EAGLE
30-06-2015, 10:42 AM

Rather like Carlo Nastri who was somewhat shorter.:hmph:

N Herts Eagle
30-06-2015, 10:45 AM
Jim Scott used to 'tiptoe' down the wing! Dont remind me I recall one game where he want on an amazing dribble beating two or three players, reached the box about to shoot and promptly fell over, no one was even close to him. I think it was against Forest. One I was so excited as a youngster about signing and then so disappointed when I saw him play.

Martin H
30-06-2015, 10:57 AM
Ahhh, Jim Scott! Good to see so many can still remember these guys. i.e. still alive and can still remember things! Keep breathing guys, we have to keep breathing :)

Re Terry W. I seem to remember his transfer was a bit out of the blue albeit all transfers were back then I suppose and took at least a week for it to filter into the 'papers'.

Must be having a moment because thinking back to then has triggered first Mary Hopkin and then Clodagh Rodgers popping into my mind. Different thread altogether but all part of my teens.

Back to football - Bobby Woodruff was a good goalscorer for us that doesn't get mentioned a lot. Replaced by a hero of mine Gerry Queen (of the Palace) - good memories

Lee sinnots ear
30-06-2015, 11:19 AM

Never thought about this before but for Yannik Bolasie read Jim Scott

Jim could beat any fullback inside out then blast the cross out of the ground( no stands to stop wild crosses in those days):hi:

I also can only remember Terry Wharton scoring one goal I know I saw it but can't remember where:sob:

KYLIE MINEAGLE
30-06-2015, 12:35 PM
Ahhh, Jim Scott! Good to see so many can still remember these guys. i.e. still alive and can still remember things! Keep breathing guys, we have to keep breathing :)

Re Terry W. I seem to remember his transfer was a bit out of the blue albeit all transfers were back then I suppose and took at least a week for it to filter into the 'papers'.

Must be having a moment because thinking back to then has triggered first Mary Hopkin and then Clodagh Rodgers popping into my mind. Different thread altogether but all part of my teens.

Back to football - Bobby Woodruff was a good goalscorer for us that doesn't get mentioned a lot. Replaced by a hero of mine Gerry Queen (of the Palace) - good memories

Gerry Queen and Bobby Woodruff. Gerry had a song to the Flipper the dolphin tune. And of course the chants of BOooooooooooobby would ring out every time we got a throw in the last 30 yards of the opposition goal. Throw were as good as corner he could put it that far.

N Herts Eagle
30-06-2015, 12:46 PM

Back to football - Bobby Woodruff was a good goalscorer for us that doesn't get mentioned a lot. Replaced by a hero of mine Gerry Queen (of the Palace) - good memories Terry Wharton up there with a few from that time we saw very little off but as a youngster I got so excited we signed Per Bartram and Borge Thorup ,Dave Provan, Gerry Humphreys, John Hardie.

As for transfers it was the Bert Head all change weeks that had me struggling, I remember one game we seemed to have so many new players it was trying to work out who they all were. Dont think they all played but we sold Birch and Kember... In appeared Goodwin Wallace Hughes Bell Kellard, and then added Craven. The next season was the final one in league one Kellard Wallace Goodwin disappeared or went and in a few weeks we had Phillip Cooke Mulligan Rogers Whittle and Possee soon aftwards.

Booby Woodruff after helping us win promotion was soon off only played a few times in the First Division. Famed for the long throw was one of Berts from the Swindon days Don Rogers Cliff Jackson being the others we saw. Always rumours of Ernie Hunt signing. The one other star we missed out on was Mike Summerbee.

Woodruff was a good solid player without being spectacular pretty much like the squad that won promotion take away Kember there was no outstanding star it was just a solid bunch of professionals that were hard to beat and had goals throughout the team.

Edit Mary Hopkin...really you had serious problems as a young man.....!!!

HOVE EAGLE
30-06-2015, 12:51 PM
Jim Scott used to play with his socks rolled down

Coveta
30-06-2015, 02:14 PM
Cliff Holton, a favourite of mine who could shoot from the halfway line with a sodden leather ball caked with mud. If he had a shot with the modern ball used now it would probably end up in Grange woods!

Timbo
30-06-2015, 02:27 PM

You don't remember much else.

aquilla
30-06-2015, 02:37 PM
Hells teeth- Gerry Humphries! Didn't we sign him from Everton? Can't remember him playing but he must have. The other Gerry (Queen) scored about 10 goals in our first ever season up which wasn't that bad. I really thought signing Willie Wallace from Celtic meant we had arrived but as he was about 4 ft 6 he struggled a bit- Unlike the great Yogi-that match and then injured for ever.

davech
30-06-2015, 03:06 PM
Never thought about this before but for Yannik Bolasie read Jim Scott

Jim could beat any fullback inside out then blast the cross out of the ground( no stands to stop wild crosses in those days):hi:

I also can only remember Terry Wharton scoring one goal I know I saw it but can't remember where:sob:

Yep. One goal. Home to Stoke in 1971. I know because I was there too. Ran from the halfway line and lashed it into the Holmesdale net. Won the game iirc. Worthy of a "I saw Terry Wharton score" t-shirt?

N Herts Eagle
30-06-2015, 03:07 PM
Hells teeth- Gerry Humphries! Didn't we sign him from Everton? Can't remember him playing but he must have. The other Gerry (Queen) scored about 10 goals in our first ever season up which wasn't that bad. I really thought signing Willie Wallace from Celtic meant we had arrived but as he was about 4 ft 6 he struggled a bit- Unlike the great Yogi-that match and then injured for ever. I checked Wiki it says 11 times mainly as a sub, I must admit surprised it was that many. Signed from Everton where he made 12 appearences scoring 4 goals, at the time Everton were a strong side. He left us went to Crewe and forged a career there nearly 200 games. Took me ages to find a picture of him when he signed finally got one from an old Everton team photo for the scrap book I started to keep for that season.

Martin H
30-06-2015, 04:49 PM
Terry Wharton up there with a few from that time we saw very little off but as a youngster I got so excited we signed Per Bartram and Borge Thorup ,Dave Provan, Gerry Humphreys, John Hardie.

As for transfers it was the Bert Head all change weeks that had me struggling, I remember one game we seemed to have so many new players it was trying to work out who they all were. Dont think they all played but we sold Birch and Kember... In appeared Goodwin Wallace Hughes Bell Kellard, and then added Craven. The next season was the final one in league one Kellard Wallace Goodwin disappeared or went and in a few weeks we had Phillip Cooke Mulligan Rogers Whittle and Possee soon aftwards.

Booby Woodruff after helping us win promotion was soon off only played a few times in the First Division. Famed for the long throw was one of Berts from the Swindon days Don Rogers Cliff Jackson being the others we saw. Always rumours of Ernie Hunt signing. The one other star we missed out on was Mike Summerbee.

Woodruff was a good solid player without being spectacular pretty much like the squad that won promotion take away Kember there was no outstanding star it was just a solid bunch of professionals that were hard to beat and had goals throughout the team.

Edit Mary Hopkin...really you had serious problems as a young man.....!!!

I remember the first of those big swaps because the next match was at Leicester and I was there. Remember trying to work out who each of the new players was. Seem to remember Goodwin only having a few touches and 2 of them landed outside of the ground. Birch nearly scored with a header. It was I think a terrible 0-0 draw but bearing in mind no one knew who each other were it was probably a reasonable point. Seem to remember Willie Carlin either just before Kellard or just after maybe?

Woodruff's throw was amazing and he was very good in the air. My theory being that he could probably throw it high enough into the middle and run across and head it in himself. :) Well, I did say I was young.

As for Mary - TBH it was the song I had flashed onto not Mary who always looked like a big sister or something. Clodagh is more a memory of an album cover than the songs. Jane Fonda had a big influence I seem to remember in Barbarella and probably a young Susan George I think? Those really were the days Mary...... Mary instead of waiting for me to fall for her sloped off with Tony Visconti - who was clearly a second best no hoper.

Martin H
30-06-2015, 04:50 PM
I checked Wiki it says 11 times mainly as a sub, I must admit surprised it was that many. Signed from Everton where he made 12 appearences scoring 4 goals, at the time Everton were a strong side. He left us went to Crewe and forged a career there nearly 200 games. Took me ages to find a picture of him when he signed finally got one from an old Everton team photo for the scrap book I started to keep for that season.

I am not certain but I think the "sticker" I had of him back then was in Everton Kit.

N Herts Eagle
30-06-2015, 05:17 PM
I remember the first of those big swaps because the next match was at Leicester and I was there. Remember trying to work out who each of the new players was. Seem to remember Goodwin only having a few touches and 2 of them landed outside of the ground. Birch nearly scored with a header. It was I think a terrible 0-0 draw but bearing in mind no one knew who each other were it was probably a reasonable point. Seem to remember Willie Carlin either just before Kellard or just after maybe?

Woodruff's throw was amazing and he was very good in the air. My theory being that he could probably throw it high enough into the middle and run across and head it in himself. :) Well, I did say I was young.

As for Mary - TBH it was the song I had flashed onto not Mary who always looked like a big sister or something. Clodagh is more a memory of an album cover than the songs. Jane Fonda had a big influence I seem to remember in Barbarella and probably a young Susan George I think? Those really were the days Mary...... Mary instead of waiting for me to fall for her sloped off with Tony Visconti - who was clearly a second best no hoper. I am struggling Willie Carlin I dont think ever played for us Willie Wallace maybe ? Strange I always thought every player for us in those days were of International Standard well ok maybe not John Sewell, just they seemed to lose form when pulling on the Palace shirt.

You had a far better taste in film stars.....

Coveta
30-06-2015, 05:40 PM
I am struggling Willie Carlin I dont think ever played for us Willie Wallace maybe ? Strange I always thought every player for us in those days were of International Standard well ok maybe not John Sewell, just they seemed to lose form when pulling on the Palace shirt.

John Sewell the only player I've seen heading the ball in the stand to attention mode, body straight and arms by your side.

Coveta
30-06-2015, 05:43 PM
While the oldies are reminiscing what about Ronnie Took, Roy Summersby and Budgie Byrne?

Martin H
30-06-2015, 06:07 PM
I am struggling Willie Carlin I dont think ever played for us Willie Wallace maybe ? Strange I always thought every player for us in those days were of International Standard well ok maybe not John Sewell, just they seemed to lose form when pulling on the Palace shirt.

Sorry I am having a bit of a mind fluff. I think what I am remembering and mixing up was that Willie Carlin made his debut for Leicester on the same day. Kellard had left Leicester to join us and Carlin replaced him there. Crikey I am getting old. They cancelled each other out.

Watched Palace play a few times at Leicester and most of the games were dire TBH. Fond memories of Dean Gordon charging up the wing which was brilliant - but what wasn't quite so impressive was him sauntering back down the wing having a chat to the crowd while Leicester attacked. Doh! Think I saw the debut of Gareth Taylor there or certainly one of his early games. Hit the bar with a towering header I seem to remember. Hitting the bar being a skill of his.

Martin H
30-06-2015, 06:08 PM
Re Gareth Taylor - we looked at both him and Marcus Stewart and chose/bought Gareth. Oops.

big bad John
30-06-2015, 07:50 PM
I remember Wharton's first home match against Ipswich on a freezing February day. He was brilliant and ran Ipswich ragged and made the only goal of the game for Peter Wall near the end. Can't remember him having another decent game for Palace. By all accounts his only goal for the club, v Stoke, was a cracker but I can't seem to recall it.

ian king
01-07-2015, 09:44 AM
TERRY WHARTON - another of those players who had a 'blinder' against us when he scored two in Bolton's 3-0 win at SP in December 1967. Bolton fans sang " Thank you very much for Terry Wharton" to the Scaffold's record.

It was also Wharton who 'scored' against Forest in August 1971 when the linesman awarded a goal when the ball had gone in through the side netting. The following five minutes was just pure pantomime until captain Steve Kember when asked admitted it was not a goal!

Seem to recall that Wharton was later back in Wolverhampton as a taxi driver.

davech
01-07-2015, 10:02 AM
John Sewell the only player I've seen heading the ball in the stand to attention mode, body straight and arms by your side.

Ah, but he had a way with penalties and the cunning lob from the edge of the box :)

Martin H
01-07-2015, 10:35 AM
No disrespect to the old warrior but I always thought like he looked like the old guy playing with the kids in an amateur team. To give them experience etc. Seem to remember him scoring a lot of pens. Pace wasn't a virtue of his though, or turning which made things tricky at full back.

tony 1947
01-07-2015, 01:41 PM
Remember Terry Wharton well. Saw his first game for us at Wolves one of his former clubs. Was a good penalty taker although he only scored and took one for us in a friendly v Eindhoven Feb 12 1971. Also as Ian King said v Nottm F. scored a goal which hit the side netting and was rightly cancelled although it was given by the ref, so in fact if the referees decision was final should have been allowed. But Palace captain Steve Kember was honest when asked. Also V Leicester Oct 2 1971 Bobby Kellard's first game in his 2nd spell, it was Keith Weller who played in that game and not Willie Carlin. Willie Carlin was with Leicester but played only one game that season and moved to Notts County Sep 1971.

Martin H
01-07-2015, 02:07 PM
Remember Terry Wharton well. Saw his first game for us at Wolves one of his former clubs. Was a good penalty taker although he only scored and took one for us in a friendly v Eindhoven Feb 12 1971. Also as Ian King said v Nottm F. scored a goal which hit the side netting and was rightly cancelled although it was given by the ref, so in fact if the referees decision was final should have been allowed. But Palace captain Steve Kember was honest when asked. Also V Leicester Oct 2 1971 Bobby Kellard's first game in his 2nd spell, it was Keith Weller who played in that game and not Willie Carlin. Willie Carlin was with Leicester but played only one game that season and moved to Notts County Sep 1971.

Definitely got some memory flakiness then and thanks for clarifying. Remember watching Weller there and so that it must have been this match. Weller of black tights fame. Would have been embarrassing if he wasn't such a good player.

Percy Dalton
01-07-2015, 02:34 PM
While the oldies are reminiscing what about Ronnie Took, Roy Summersby and Budgie Byrne?

Do you mean Ronnie Rooke ? Another ex player who became a manager, but it did not work out as we languished in the depths of the football league, fine player for us and Arsenal. One of the many who's career was split by WW2.

Before my time but remember Roy Summersby and Budgie.

My was game Budgie scored 4 and will forever be IMHO the best footballer to wear a Palace shirt. Roy Summersby was a quality player as well. Local lad (Lambeth) we signed him from Milllwall and he was an important part of the team that started our rise up the divisions in the 60's.

The fourth division promotion team managed by Arthur Rowe was a side that played the type of football that would have graced the old First Division. Who knows what we may have achieved if Arthur Rowe had not suffered ill health and stepped down. His push and run style was a joy to watch. On todays pitches and modern training systems he would be a top top manager I think and Johnny Byrne at his best a 50million plus player. :p

tony 1947
02-07-2015, 06:53 AM
It does help me Martin H. That I have reports of every Palace game since 1906.

KYLIE MINEAGLE
02-07-2015, 07:44 AM
Ah, but he had a way with penalties and the cunning lob from the edge of the box :)

Those pens that kind of bounce three times before going in certainly fooled many a keeper.:eek:

will hung
02-07-2015, 01:04 PM
Wharton was a dead ball specialist, winger who I seem to remember never missed a penalty in his career. I remember Gerry humphreys coming on as sub in one game and running the full back ragged, we had a high turnover of players under the Bert head regime many played a few games and then moved in another was Bobby Bell an uncompromising centre half

ee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o
02-07-2015, 02:58 PM
I remember all the players mentioned here.
I wonder if some of the earlier posters were thinking of Colin Taylor , he of the barrel chest, and another with a bullet like shot, who played well against us, so we signed him up.
Not sure if he fulfilled our expectations but did a job ?

Sam Spade
02-07-2015, 03:07 PM
Trevor Dawkins.....from memory scored both goals in a desperately needed win over Wolves in our first top flight season...then....

N Herts Eagle
02-07-2015, 03:42 PM
I raise your Tervor Dawkins and add Alan Pinkney and Bobby Goldthorpe.....

Colin Taylor strange one part of the side that won promotion but then disappeared back to Walsall 34 games 8 goals......his Wiki entry is good to read though...

Taylor was a flame-haired, barrel-chested left-winger who was a member of the Saddlers' first team during their golden days of the 1950s and 1960s. Taylor was best known for his powerful shooting skills and the accuracy of his left foot. Such was the power in his left boot, Walsall fans of his era would claim that "his left leg was out of proportion to his right". Supporters would also eulogise that, when he shot at the "Railway End" goal at Fellow`s Park, and happened to miss, the speed of the ball would be such, as to knock the rust off an old tea-sales caravan parked at that end

He died in 2005 which I did not remember.

StevePlus
02-07-2015, 05:50 PM
The fourth division promotion team managed by Arthur Rowe was a side that played the type of football that would have graced the old First Division. Who knows what we may have achieved if Arthur Rowe had not suffered ill health and stepped down. His push and run style was a joy to watch. On todays pitches and modern training systems he would be a top top manager I think and Johnny Byrne at his best a 50million plus player. :p

Unfortunately if Arthur Rowe hadn't have suffered ill health we would have been down in Division 4 at the end of 1962/63. I think that we had a record run of 20 games without a win during 1962, partly reflecting the loss of Byrne and bad luck with injuries. We needed the signing of Cliff Holton to turn things round, and Holton wasn't an Arthur Rowe type of player.

big bad John
02-07-2015, 06:58 PM

Colin Taylor strange one part of the side that won promotion but then disappeared back to Walsall 34 games 8 goals......his Wiki entry is good to read though...

Taylor was a flame-haired, barrel-chested left-winger who was a member of the Saddlers' first team during their golden days of the 1950s and 1960s. Taylor was best known for his powerful shooting skills and the accuracy of his left foot. Such was the power in his left boot, Walsall fans of his era would claim that "his left leg was out of proportion to his right". Supporters would also eulogise that, when he shot at the "Railway End" goal at Fellow`s Park, and happened to miss, the speed of the ball would be such, as to knock the rust off an old tea-sales caravan parked at that end

He died in 2005 which I did not remember.

Cannonball Taylor will always be remembered by Palace fans for his rocket past Gary Sprake when Second division Palace knocked the mighty Leeds out of the League Cup at Selhurst.
I remember speaking to Shovel Sewel around 2006 and I mentioned that Taylor had passed away. He wasn't aware of it and said that he barely remembered him. I suppose we all think that players stay in touch and that they remember everyone they ever played with, but I guess it's just like any other job in that you are not going to remember everyone you ever worked with.

Martin H
02-07-2015, 07:00 PM
It does help me Martin H. That I have reports of every Palace game since 1906.

Now that is cheating and also very impressive :)

Martin H
02-07-2015, 07:04 PM

Remember all of them. I think they were all in my first subbuteo team for Palace. Well in the squad. Dawkins was often on as sub which meant he got the one covered in glue that had weird movement. Led to occasional flash of brilliance but mostly not so good really. Subbuteo really did mimic real life huh?

Old Bill
02-07-2015, 07:11 PM
I remember Jim Scott scoring with a header from a wonderful cross from the left wing by Terry Wharton away to Chelsea in about 1971.

N Herts Eagle
02-07-2015, 08:23 PM
Remember all of them. I think they were all in my first subbuteo team for Palace. Well in the squad. Dawkins was often on as sub which meant he got the one covered in glue that had weird movement. Led to occasional flash of brilliance but mostly not so good really. Subbuteo really did mimic real life huh? Huh you were one of the posh boys with a plastic set...... took me a while to save up for one of those, the orignal N Herts Palace Subbuteo team was made of card.....pushed into the plastic base which had a slot in.... This was a major issue for Alan Stephenson who suffered a major injury and meant for a while he played with a very lopsided stance ....

Enjoyed remembering some of the lesser known names of the late 60's early 70's, thanks to those who have contributed.

Sam Spade
03-07-2015, 04:09 PM
[QUOTE=N Herts Eagle;12449330]I raise your Tervor Dawkins and add Alan Pinkney and Bobby Goldthorpe.....

Pif your Goldthorpe and your Pinkney....Per Bartram (I saw him score past Gordon Banks no less) and Borge Thorup.

Colin Taylor (and his unrelated namesake Tony) were both favorites of mine.
There was a BBS thread for Colin Taylor when he died and I think a couple of Walsall fans may have posted.

big bad John
03-07-2015, 04:26 PM

Was at the home match against Wolves in 69 when Trevor Dawkins scored a brace in a 2-1 win. Think it might have been his only goals for the club. Anyone remember the Tompkins brothers? Would have watched Lenny but can't recall him turning on any moments of magic. Was his brother called Oliver? Pretty sure he never played for the first team.

CK
03-07-2015, 04:43 PM
[QUOTE=N Herts Eagle;12449330]I raise your Tervor Dawkins and add Alan Pinkney and Bobby Goldthorpe.

Pinkney had a spell teaching us at Tulse Hill. Good guy.