PDA

View Full Version : LFC Fan in Peace!

krishaldo
01-08-2015, 04:19 PM
Hi all,

Liverpool fan in peace (as the title suggests!).
I write for a Liverpool site called The Tomkins Times and as a preseason warm up, I am trying to gauge the opinions of fans of others clubs.

If you could take a few minutes to answer some questions for an article, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Krish

1) How did you think the 14/15 season went for you compared to your expectations at the start of the campaign? Where did it go right and/or wrong?

2) What are you hopes/expectations for 15/16 and where do you think you will finish in the league?

3) Do you have full trust in your manager? To play devil's advocate, what would have to go wrong for him to be sacked?

4) It's been an oddly quiet transfer window this summer, but of the business you have done so far, are you happy with the ins and outs?

5) Obviously there is still some time to go, so which player/s would you like to sign, sell and/or which positions strengthened?

6) Speaking of transfers, what was your take on the Raheem Sterling transfer and the way he & his agent forced through the move?

7) What do you make of Liverpool's signings? (Joe Gomez, Adam Bogdan, Danny Ings, James Milner, Nathaniel Clyne, Roberto Firmino and Christian Benteke).

8) Where do you think LFC will finish in the league?

9) Do you want Balotelli?

Thanks again for your help.

Eaglesfan1
01-08-2015, 07:22 PM
1) Far better than expectations after a poor start, things went wrong when Pulis walked out two days before the start of the season and we replaced him with Warnock, things picked up once we appointed Pardew!

2) Expectations are a solid season without having to worry at all about relegation, can see us finishing 8th-12th.

3) Absolutely have full trust in Pardew, think for him to be sacked he'd have to be headbutting people every week!

4) Think our business has been very good, Cabaye is a quality signing for a club our size and Bamford has looked good in the little I've seen of him (albeit against Conference opposition). McCarthy in goal should battle it out with the other two keepers for the No 1 slot. No first teamers have left (yet!) and we've been able to shift some players who were just sitting in the reserves adding to the wage bill.

5) I'd like to see us bring in another class CB to play alongside Dann, another CF (looks like it'll be Connor Wickham) and possibly another winger.

6) Sterling is a money grabber like most players and to be honest I'm not sure that he's good enough for City's first team, Liverpool is about his level I'd say.

7) I wouldn't be particularly excited about any of those signings as a Liverpool fan. Milner, Clyne and Benteke are all good Premier League players but I'm not sure that they will help you break into the top 4. I'll admit I don't know anything about Firmino but I assume that Gomez, Bogdan and even Ings are players for the bench.

8) Can't see you troubling the top 4 unfortunately, 5th to 7th.

9) You couldn't pay us enough to take Balotelli off you!

pauldrulez
01-08-2015, 07:29 PM
1) I expected us to be comfortably midtable until Pulis left. I expected a battle for safety under Warnock, but that battle was going to be lost if he stayed. Hiring Pardew was the right decision as was the return of Zaha

2) Consolidate in top half. 8th

3) Yes. Losing 5 or 6 in a row to bottom of the division teams and the players giving up on him.

4) Not many outs yet, but delighted with Cabaye, very happy with Bamford (just a shame not permanent), I like McCarthy and if we sign Wickham, I'll be as happy with him as I am Bamford.

5) Wickham. A centre back of some sort and if I was being a spoilt child, I would like another winger as well. Maybe even a left back for extra depth.

6) Sterling has always been a tosser despite his undoubted talent. It's not like he covered himself in glory in forcing the move to Liverpool in the first place.

7) Gomez/Bogdan - meh.
Ings - wrong move for him, he'll end up on the wing 90% of the time he actually gets a chance to play.
Milner - a good signing. Almost an Arsenal type signing.
Clyne - very good signing. 100x better than Glen "Bolasie gives me nightmares" Johnson.
Firmino - Don't know a huge amount about him, quite a risk with the price.
Benteke - Very good signing. He's a natural finisher, and he'll score if he's given service.

8) I'm going to go with 5th. Competing with Utd for 4th is as high as I think you can get this season.

9) Go on then. Give him to us for free until Jan :)

leicester1
03-08-2015, 04:21 PM
A LEICESTER OPINION.

1].....The end to the 14/15 season was nothing short of a miracle for us,although we felt we should have racked up far more points by March,we did leave it late,fair play to the coaching staff and players who never gave up.
2]...this season i'd hope to finish between 10th and 14th.....Rome was'nt built in a day.

3]...i'm happy with our new manager....he'd have to attack opposing players,slag off our supporters,verbally abuse journalists, or post naughty vids on Facebook to get sacked...our owners will give him time.

4]...it remains to be seen,the young lad Kanute comes with a tough tackling reputation which is something we needed.

5]....we have a decent squad.

6]...would'nt bother talking about him,your better off without him.

7]....remains to be seen.

8]....5th.

9]...no thanks,we'll pay you to keep him out of Leicester.

rhiannapaul
07-08-2015, 11:55 AM
1) How did you think the 14/15 season went for you compared to your expectations at the start of the campaign? Where did it go right and/or wrong? Pardew had easy job took over a good team Pulis lost all respect I glad he left I expected us to be midtable

2) What are you hopes/expectations for 15/16 and where do you think you will finish in the league? 8th with a cup final

3) Do you have full trust in your manager? To play devil's advocate, what would have to go wrong for him to be sacked? No not really last season when we got to 40 points he messed about and we lost 5 in a row we will he like newcastle win some lose some

4) It's been an oddly quiet transfer window this summer, but of the business you have done so far, are you happy with the ins and outs? No bit underwelmed but our core is good from last season

5) Obviously there is still some time to go, so which player/s would you like to sign, sell and/or which positions strengthened? Keeper and striker

6) Speaking of transfers, what was your take on the Raheem Sterling transfer and the way he & his agent forced through the move? Average player massively over hyped

7) What do you make of Liverpool's signings? (Joe Gomez, Adam Bogdan, Danny Ings, James Milner, Nathaniel Clyne, Roberto Firmino and Christian Benteke). All ordinary players no world beaters

8) Where do you think LFC will finish in the league? 6th or 7th

9) Do you want Balotelli? Yes on a free needs games

Thanks again for your help.[/QUOTE]

cantspell
07-08-2015, 01:53 PM
1) Was worried when Oulis walked out 2 days before the season - wrong under Warnock but excellent once pardew arrived.
2) Excited - would like top half finish and a good cup run
3) Very happy with Pardew - very difficult to see him leaving unless Woy fecks up
4) Happy with transfers
5) Would like a Centre Back
6) Money talks these days Iam afraid so it was a done deal way back - think he is a talent but needs to prove it
7) Clyne Benteke, provided Rodgers plays to his strengths, and Millner rest ok.
8) 5th or 6th
9) No

mroakley9
07-08-2015, 02:25 PM
1) How did you think the 14/15 season went for you compared to your expectations at the start of the campaign? Where did it go right and/or wrong?

Started off far, far worse, and ended much, much better. Went wrong with the appointment of Warnock, went right with the appointment of Super Al.

2) What are you hopes/expectations for 15/16 and where do you think you will finish in the league?

I hope to finish mid table alongside Liverpool and go far in one of the cups.

3) Do you have full trust in your manager? To play devil's advocate, what would have to go wrong for him to be sacked?

100%. He knows what he's doing (or at least he's good at pretending) and Parish seems to trust him and that's good enough for me. I'm not sure he'd ever be sacked. He could probably shag Parish's daughter and be forgiven.

4) It's been an oddly quiet transfer window this summer, but of the business you have done so far, are you happy with the ins and outs?

Quality transfer window, hopefully we can get rid of a few fringe players, but otherwise we've done extremely well.

5) Obviously there is still some time to go, so which player/s would you like to sign, sell and/or which positions strengthened?

If we can, bring in another centre back, but if we don't then I'm not bothered.

6) Speaking of transfers, what was your take on the Raheem Sterling transfer and the way he & his agent forced through the move?

He's not as good as he obviously thinks he is, and I look forward to seeing him at Sunderland in a few years.

7) What do you make of Liverpool's signings? (Joe Gomez, Adam Bogdan, Danny Ings, James Milner, Nathaniel Clyne, Roberto Firmino and Christian Benteke).

They'll do well if Deluded Brendan can manage the team good, otherwise they'll end up like the rest of your team.

6th or 7th

I'd love nothing more.

Thanks again for your help.

Icy
07-08-2015, 03:19 PM

His agent is a genius and City are fools. 48m for an over rated child.

Clyne and Milner are very good signings. Solid premiership players that will definitely improve your first team. The rest could be hit or miss. All in all an improvement on the post Suarez signings.

6th / 7th

That's like offering someone the chance to catch herpes. Your club has been pretty generous gifting us with premiership points, don't ruin it by trying to offload this retard on us.

jhc
10-08-2015, 12:59 PM
A) A top 10 finish meant that we more or less came top of 'Our League' once again. Given the resources of the top 7 or 8, it's pretty much impossible to break into that group at the moment. Over 38 games, those with the biggest income will always finish above clubs like ours. That doesn't mean to say that on any given day we can't beat the best as last season showed. Where did it go right? Bringing in AP as Manager in January.

A) Anything above 10th would be regarded as a major success in my book.

A) I would say he has the most secure job in the Premier League. He has the full backing of the owners and fans. However this season goes, he will be here next season. He has a completely different mentality to our previous managers. Before, we were just looking to survive. AP has his sights set much higher.

A) In no uncertain terms - YES!

A) Unless there is a real bargain out there, I can't see us adding to the squad now.

A) It did no favours to the image of the player. I think you are better off without him. A real bad attitude in not honouring his contract, and shows just how far 'player power' has effected the game. A sorry tale, but at least you have plenty of money to replace him with a player of equal quality and perhaps one with a better and more loyal attitude?

A) Some good players that will see you in the top 6 but whether you can challenge for the title - well that's another matter! Clyne won't let you down though.

A) 5th

A) Do you really want an answer to that?
No matter how skilful a player is, anyone with his attitude should be kept well away from the first team. I never understood why your manager took a chance on him. It was always going to end in tears - a huge financial disaster too! You should offload him as quickly as possible and just accept the loss.

swissroll
10-08-2015, 02:00 PM
How did you think the 14/15 season went for you compared to your expectations at the start of the campaign? Where did it go right and/or wrong?
A) Ended where I thought we would but by a completely different route. Rubbish home form excellent away and turning over a few tops sides (more than once hint…). Pullis walking out could have killed us, Cardiff doing us I suspect by accident a favour on Malky, Warnock dinosaur but was a bit unlucky, Pardew surprised me.

What are you hopes/expectations for 15/16 and where do you think you will finish in the league?
A)Anything above 10th massive achievement – possibly 60 points if it all goes really well and that’s about our glass ceiling as things stand

Do you have full trust in your manager? To play devil's advocate, what would have to go wrong for him to be sacked?
A)Yes, knows where he’s going and what he wants – Might tinker with the team too much and results don’t quite happen – like everyone else we simply must not get relegated this season

It's been an oddly quiet transfer window this summer, but of the business you have done so far, are you happy with the ins and outs?
A)9/10 – could have done with a CB but real quality brought in so far

Obviously there is still some time to go, so which player/s would you like to sign, sell and/or which positions strengthened?
A)CB and at the moment keepers all look similar standard with no standout

Speaking of transfers, what was your take on the Raheem Sterling transfer and the way he & his agent forced through the move?
A)Hope you spend the money well, it was 30 million too much for him

What do you make of Liverpool's signings? (Joe Gomez, Adam Bogdan, Danny Ings, James Milner, Nathaniel Clyne, Roberto Firmino and Christian Benteke).
A)None would be automatic picks at top 4 clubs - good for fighting it out with Spudz over 5th

Where do you think LFC will finish in the league?
A) 5th, Brendans last season

Do you want Balotelli?
A)Are you smoking crack? Was Brendan smoking crack when he brought him? Better hope Allardyce returns to management soon so he takes him off you.

Palaceborn
10-08-2015, 02:02 PM

I believe after being left in the lurch by Pulis we turned to someone who would hop on board and try his best in shoring us up. To be fair to Warnock he did well when we were in the Championship together, just the Premier League was out of his depth. We made all the right decisions after that with our owners finally getting their man, who I believe we wanted before hiring Pulis the season before. He installed the belief back into the team and we was outstanding from then on barring a couple of games.

As all teams do apart from the major ones at the top, get to 40 points as quick as possible and then set new targets. If we can get to 40 by March at latest then why couldn't we push on and do our best to finish higher then last season, but no point worrying about that until we hit 40 though. Would love a cup run like we did getting to the Semi Final of the League Cup (we should have played you not Cardiff!)

Can't remember ever having this much trust in a manager! Even under Pulis I believed we would stay up due to his nack of it and in my eyes a close knit bunch of players who fight for eachover. But we all what Pulis is like, at first he turned us down because of the money, but only took the job 2nd time round due to us offering more. Unlike Pulis, Pardew he has that connection with our club meaning fans will always be onside from the get go, he could make mistakes and he wouldn't be hounded like he was at Newcastle, after all his career here was decent but will forever remembered for THAT goal against you. It would take a huge amount of wrongs for Pardew to be sacked, in fact in my eyes the only way he will leave the club is if he is given the golden carrot of managing England.

I think we have had one of the best transfer windows this club has ever seen. We have addressed 90% of the issues we have had in our squad:

A deep creative player to unlock defences in Cabaye
A younger version of Murray in Wickham
A player of good quality to challenge Bolasie and Zaha in Sako
A goalkeeper who could replace our club hero Speroni in McCarthy.
Add to that a loan player who should be a million times better then Sanogo!

What we are missing is another quality centre back who could replace the ageing Delaney and Hangeland, someone to partner Scott Dann for years to come. We still don't know if that could be your ex player Martin Kelly but we have been linked with other centre backs and we will have to see how the rest of the month pans out. Maybe a left back to cover Souare but that isn't a must, could use a loan to do that. Most focus right now is selling our fringe players who might not make the 25, generating money for a new signing or 2. Most likely to be Guediora, Gayle, Bannan, Mariappa, Campbell.

We know all about players wanting to leave for bigger things, it happens all the time in football when your down the pecking order. In recent times Liverpool haven't been around the top and I'll say you are in that 2nd tier of teams fighting for the 4th spot along the likes of Spurs. The way it was portrayed in public was a disgrace, and on both sides but he left for a club that will be fighting for the title year in and year out. You got the better end of the deal for it, that was a lot of money for someone even as talented and has that much potential as him. That money could and has been used to build a much solid team which you have done. Only time will tell to see if City have brought their money's worth.

Think you have a good summer, unlike the last few years. You have gone out and brought players who are adapted to the Premier League and should make an instant impact while also buying players for the future. Good job!

If Brendan goes back to his usual 433/4231, in my eyes you could make a very good attack on the top 4, however if he plays that horrible 352 formation then you could do just as bad as last year. This is Brendan's year to either get it right or find his way out of the door and I wish you the best of luck!

Not a player I'd want at Palace. No doubting his qualities as he can be a fantastic player but I don't think he has the right ones for our team. While he needs an arm around him and he would certainly get that here from our fans and manager if he was to join, just not sure he has the work rate to play for us. Should go back to Italy and get the games he deserves.

Oisin
10-08-2015, 02:04 PM
1. Expected 16th, finished 10th, long term we got lucky because the Pulis walk out that was so disastrous at the time we eventually ended up with Pardew who is a much better long term fit for the culture of the club
2. Anything above 17th fine, top ten again very happy as the first six places spoken for
3. Yes, probably a sex scandal. Not impossible
4. Great business but would like a centre back
5. As above
6. I think the price was fair for both parties, can’t say the agent has behaved well but I think its too simplistic to say it was all about money
7. Individually great signings buts its painfully obvious Liverpool probably have an equal or worse collection of defensive midfielders and centre backs than Palace and many other midtable sides so I can’t understand the failure to strengthen here. And I don’t think Benteke looks like he’d fit in to a Rogers side so to get the most you’ll need a change of style or manager
8. 5th
9. I think he is great entertainment but I enjoy watching him play for someone else

Selhurst Celtic
10-08-2015, 02:58 PM

You don't care, so I won't answer.

With a bit of luck we'll see more scouse tears. No finer sight in football than a blubbing scouser.

I'm pretty confident our manager's son won't be embroiled in a sex scandal on the south coast. Is that the sort of thing you mean?

What a painfully dull question.

Maradona, Baresi, Larsson, Clinton Morrison

Are you referring to when he squeezed his way out of QPR to join Liverpool? Are you seriously bleating because a bigger boy has come along and stolen your toy now? Brass necks you lot.

Clyne is too good for you. The rest are shit. And makes a mockery of your 'oddly quiet transfer window' comment earlier. Make your mind up.

Hopefully bottom, level on points with Chelsea and Man United.

Piss of you twat.

Typical Palace
10-08-2015, 09:21 PM
My question for this LFC fan is why they have so many idiots supporting their club. A reputation for informed, educated supporters is torn to shreds when on 606 scouser's call in and seriously stay Liverpool didn't win the title as they didn't play Lambert. Jesus Christ. What a bunch of idiots.

Typical Palace
10-08-2015, 09:25 PM
1) How did you think the 14/15 season went for you compared to your expectations at the start of the campaign? Where did it go right and/or wrong? Pardew had easy job took over a good team Pulis lost all respect I glad he left I expected us to be midtable

2) What are you hopes/expectations for 15/16 and where do you think you will finish in the league? 8th with a cup final

3) Do you have full trust in your manager? To play devil's advocate, what would have to go wrong for him to be sacked? No not really last season when we got to 40 points he messed about and we lost 5 in a row we will he like newcastle win some lose some

4) It's been an oddly quiet transfer window this summer, but of the business you have done so far, are you happy with the ins and outs? No bit underwelmed but our core is good from last season

5) Obviously there is still some time to go, so which player/s would you like to sign, sell and/or which positions strengthened? Keeper and striker

6) Speaking of transfers, what was your take on the Raheem Sterling transfer and the way he & his agent forced through the move? Average player massively over hyped

7) What do you make of Liverpool's signings? (Joe Gomez, Adam Bogdan, Danny Ings, James Milner, Nathaniel Clyne, Roberto Firmino and Christian Benteke). All ordinary players no world beaters

8) Where do you think LFC will finish in the league? 6th or 7th

9) Do you want Balotelli? Yes on a free needs games

Thanks again for your help.[/QUOTE]
Congratulations! I think you have a full house, in that I disagree with every single one of your answers. Were you taking the piss?

danpalace07
10-08-2015, 11:21 PM

pre-Pulis going I expected lower midtable, when he went I hoped we'd stay up somehow. We did much better than I though and that's not just down to Pards

top half and a cup run. I think we'll finish 9th

Absolutely and only relegation would put his job under question. Even ******* half of Croydon and giving Pellegrini and Wenger a slap wouldn't bother me

Yes, the marquee signing of Cabaye was both unexpected and immense (and necessary as well - we needed a creative CM) and the others are solid players who, given time, will do well. Sako was a surprise but quite an exciting signing, adding something to the team with his goals from the wings

only a CB to start next to Scotty Dann

He probably could have gone about it better but I'd do the same if I was him and I completely understand the move. Sorry but City are so much more likely to win things than Liverpool right now and if he is to fulfil his potential he needs to be playing with the best players in the league. You got a very good fee for him tbf

much better than the disaster of last season. Not sure it's enough for top 4 but certainly some quality there. IMO Benteke doesn't really fit the system but Rodgers will probably change it to suit him

8) Where do you think LFC will finish in the league?/

5th

No. Don't need players like him ruining our great team spirit

hughff
11-08-2015, 12:30 AM
About what I expected in the end, though I didn't think it would be such famine and feast.
Above you.
Yes. He won't get sacked.
Yes
Shed a midfielder and add a defender.
He was smart. He recognised that he was at a mid-level club - a good transition from a starter club to one of the big boys. When Luvapoo, with their delusions of greatness based on their history quarter of a ******* century ago, tried to block his career, he rightly forced their hand.
Clyne is too good for you and will move on to a big club at the end of his contract. However, while you have him he will be excellent.
You might squeeze into Europe again if other clubs stuff up.
Of course. He's you best player.

Eagle's Away
11-08-2015, 07:41 AM

I believe after being left in the lurch by Pulis we turned to someone who would hop on board and try his best in shoring us up. To be fair to Warnock he did well when we were in the Championship together, just the Premier League was out of his depth. We made all the right decisions after that with our owners finally getting their man, who I believe we wanted before hiring Pulis the season before. He installed the belief back into the team and we was outstanding from then on barring a couple of games.

As all teams do apart from the major ones at the top, get to 40 points as quick as possible and then set new targets. If we can get to 40 by March at latest then why couldn't we push on and do our best to finish higher then last season, but no point worrying about that until we hit 40 though. Would love a cup run like we did getting to the Semi Final of the League Cup (we should have played you not Cardiff!)

Can't remember ever having this much trust in a manager! Even under Pulis I believed we would stay up due to his nack of it and in my eyes a close knit bunch of players who fight for eachover. But we all what Pulis is like, at first he turned us down because of the money, but only took the job 2nd time round due to us offering more. Unlike Pulis, Pardew he has that connection with our club meaning fans will always be onside from the get go, he could make mistakes and he wouldn't be hounded like he was at Newcastle, after all his career here was decent but will forever remembered for THAT goal against you. It would take a huge amount of wrongs for Pardew to be sacked, in fact in my eyes the only way he will leave the club is if he is given the golden carrot of managing England.

I think we have had one of the best transfer windows this club has ever seen. We have addressed 90% of the issues we have had in our squad:

A deep creative player to unlock defences in Cabaye
A younger version of Murray in Wickham
A player of good quality to challenge Bolasie and Zaha in Sako
A goalkeeper who could replace our club hero Speroni in McCarthy.
Add to that a loan player who should be a million times better then Sanogo!

What we are missing is another quality centre back who could replace the ageing Delaney and Hangeland, someone to partner Scott Dann for years to come. We still don't know if that could be your ex player Martin Kelly but we have been linked with other centre backs and we will have to see how the rest of the month pans out. Maybe a left back to cover Souare but that isn't a must, could use a loan to do that. Most focus right now is selling our fringe players who might not make the 25, generating money for a new signing or 2. Most likely to be Guediora, Gayle, Bannan, Mariappa, Campbell.

We know all about players wanting to leave for bigger things, it happens all the time in football when your down the pecking order. In recent times Liverpool haven't been around the top and I'll say you are in that 2nd tier of teams fighting for the 4th spot along the likes of Spurs. The way it was portrayed in public was a disgrace, and on both sides but he left for a club that will be fighting for the title year in and year out. You got the better end of the deal for it, that was a lot of money for someone even as talented and has that much potential as him. That money could and has been used to build a much solid team which you have done. Only time will tell to see if City have brought their money's worth.

Think you have a good summer, unlike the last few years. You have gone out and brought players who are adapted to the Premier League and should make an instant impact while also buying players for the future. Good job!

If Brendan goes back to his usual 433/4231, in my eyes you could make a very good attack on the top 4, however if he plays that horrible 352 formation then you could do just as bad as last year. This is Brendan's year to either get it right or find his way out of the door and I wish you the best of luck!

Not a player I'd want at Palace. No doubting his qualities as he can be a fantastic player but I don't think he has the right ones for our team. While he needs an arm around him and he would certainly get that here from our fans and manager if he was to join, just not sure he has the work rate to play for us. Should go back to Italy and get the games he deserves.

Whilst I am baffled why the questions were raised in the first place, do LFC fans really care what we think? I think this was an excellent considered response and just about sums up my feelings