PDA

View Full Version : Visits to West Hams Boylen.

leicester1
16-08-2015, 09:41 AM
Part 1 of 2..........Well,in my case Leicester saved the best till last.....first visit was around 1981 and we took a measly 50 for a night game on the football special,one of our lads was walking up and down the train telling everyone to stick together.....sure enough we arrive at Stratford and West Ham are onto us and mingling in as we transfer to the tube...........the walk up Green Street comes with all the shite you used to get from the Market up to the away end,....in the ground and theirs pockets of Eastenders in our end just grinning and proudly displaying the fact that they are home fans in the away end...........we take the lead then get pummelled 3 or 4-1.......................fast forward to yesterday,about 10 of us hitched a lift with a local Leicester supporters branch and we're parked outside the ground for 10-30am.....nowheres open near the ground so we take a hike up the Barking road and are settled in a Wetherspoons for 10-45....think it was the Millers Well or something similar......34 years iv'e been coming to watch our boys at West Ham on and off,never seen us win,still,a final visit to this famous ground we were still expectant,football fans can magically conjure up a bit of hope and belief,we're all pretty good at that ar'nt we.........maybe as the locals are celebrating a ''Claret and Blue Day'' we can piss on their parade and i'll be able to say iv'e seen us win there....:D

Jon_C-Pal
16-08-2015, 10:03 AM
Part 1 of 2..........Well,in my case Leicester saved the best till last.....first visit was around 1981 and we took a measly 50 for a night game on the football special,one of our lads was walking up and down the train telling everyone to stick together.....sure enough we arrive at Stratford and West Ham are onto us and mingling in as we transfer to the tube...........the walk up Green Street comes with all the shite you used to get from the Market up to the away end,....in the ground and theirs pockets of Eastenders in our end just grinning and proudly displaying the fact that they are home fans in the away end...........we take the lead then get pummelled 3 or 4-1.......................fast forward to yesterday,about 10 of us hitched a lift with a local Leicester supporters branch and we're parked outside the ground for 10-30am.....nowheres open near the ground so we take a hike up the Barking road and are settled in a Wetherspoons for 10-45....think it was the Millers Well or something similar......34 years iv'e been coming to watch our boys at West Ham on and off,never seen us win,still,a final visit to this famous ground we were still expectant,football fans can magically conjure up a bit of hope and belief,we're all pretty good at that ar'nt we.........maybe as the locals are celebrating a ''Claret and Blue Day'' we can piss on their parade and i'll be able to say iv'e seen us win there....:D

It was good to see the smiles wiped of their smug arsenal beating faces. Well done to your boys.
Will hopefully be at the king power when we play your boys, with family in and around the surrounding Leicester area, it's a stadium I really want to visit.

leicester1
16-08-2015, 10:08 AM
................:lux:..............Just lost the last post in cyber space somewhere so i'll have another go at finishing off later....:p......................:angel:

leicester1
16-08-2015, 02:16 PM
Anyway,after leaving the Miller we came across that Denmark pub but after seeing all the ''home fans only'' signs we swerved it,this was'nt Watford....then the long walk passed rows of shops before arriving at the Central pub.....around 30 Leicester in here and the pub stewards and police ordered all Leicester into the back bar that was connected to the road outside via a different entrance......probably due to our group swapping stories of Europe with the locals,Palermo/Vienna etc we were left alone to set up camp by the window and stayed in the front bar watching Southampton v Everton,one of our lot had just put money on Southampton top win,another had just launched 15 pound on Leicester to win the Premiership.....confidence was running high pre match you see.....unfortunately for our lad Everton started spanking the Saints and that little bet was soon scrapped as both side and front bar started to fill with Claret and Blue....i'm pretty sure our 10 were tollerated because we were mingling openly and talking football with whoever wanted to mix with us.....though we recieved the normal East End evil stares here and there....you know...the ones where the sides of the mouth start moving vigorously....bless em.....we eventually got so confident we even took some photos....can't wait to see them....ha ha

leicester1
16-08-2015, 02:25 PM
2'45 we made a move to the ground....full away end and game on...Claret and Blue day celebrated by the home lot but we really were'nt interested in helping with that ....the game...wow....the 2 best buddies up front for us gave West Ham a severe run around in the first half....West Ham wer'nt poor,we were good....half time 2-0 up no one bothered that beer was'nt on sale due to us having risk fans...we danced,sang and lots had a crafty fag all under the concourse.......2nd half....Ranieri started tinkering and made the type of tactical decision i absolutely hate....he left Vardy up front and invited West Ham to do their worst....but,who am i to disagree with Ranieri's tactical judgement.....we soaked everything up and counter attacked here and there while our fans laughed at those in the Chicken Run and above we also begged the team to start pushing up.....i don't care whether their keeper should or should'nt have been sent off....all those visits to the East End and finally.....Victory......long way to go and feet on the ground but so far and so good.....Tottenham home next week.....bring em on...:cool:

Penstone Eagle
17-08-2015, 05:41 AM
You're always welcome L1, but seriously, I'm not sure anyone gives a toss.

west country boy
17-08-2015, 05:49 AM
.....:D........

thereichstuff
17-08-2015, 05:57 AM
You're always welcome L1, but seriously, I'm not sure anyone gives a toss.

Speak for yourself .

Penstone Eagle
17-08-2015, 05:59 AM
Speak for yourself .

Bore off.

It was a bit of banter, go back to bed.

leicester1
17-08-2015, 03:21 PM
Ha ha...cheers TRS,if your coming to Leicester in October let me know......PE,i know people are interested in true factual football stories....i love reading others football stories and if i think iv'e an interesting story i'll tell it....i see and hear so much rubbish and made up stories regarding football fans i enjoy recounting some of the things we get up to that either go against the grain or your told its impossible......i read somewhere away fans could'nt get a beer near the ground,well obviously you can..............if my 2nd post had'nt been lost i can assure you the latter part of my story would have been a little more interesting and funny but there you go.......oh and no offence taken at all ....:D