PDA

View Full Version : REMF fundraiser Jacob Schilt killed in Shoreham airshow crash

Fur cough
23-08-2015, 10:16 AM
It appears that one of the REMF team has sadly been killed in the crash on his way to play for Worthing.

Jacob Schilt 23.

RIP.

Jim Cannon
23-08-2015, 10:19 AM
It appears that one of the REMF team has sadly been killed in the crash on his way to play for Worthing.

Jacob Schilt 23.

RIP.

RIP

Pidster
23-08-2015, 10:26 AM

Jacob Schilt 23.

RIP.

I think a moderator should move this post to another thread. It deserves some respect.

old git
23-08-2015, 10:26 AM

Jacob Schilt 23.

RIP.
Sorry to hear that. RIP Jacob and all others caught up in this tragedy.

wigman
23-08-2015, 10:43 AM
Sorry to hear that. RIP Jacob and all others caught up in this tragedy.

My daughter's former work colleague and friend died ( Matt Jones) who was driving his car on his way to meet friends, he was only 24.

Jim Cannon
23-08-2015, 10:45 AM
My daughter's former work colleague and friend died ( Matt Jones) who was driving his car on his way to meet friends, he was only 24.

Very sad news. RIP.

sussexandproud
23-08-2015, 10:59 AM
Just signed on to post the news to the REMF lads, so sad as a father and grandad and football fan. He wore the number 12 in the last game I believe and was a good lad and player doing his bit for charity. RIP

SJ'sLoveMonkey
23-08-2015, 11:04 AM
Absolute tragic news, puts all things into sharp perspective when events like this happen. RIP

eaglejez
23-08-2015, 11:15 AM
Blimey. Tragic news. Puts it all into perspective
RIP

sherrifbart
23-08-2015, 11:36 AM
Terribly sad news.RIP.Jacob.As yer man said,puts it all into perspective.

thereichstuff
23-08-2015, 12:20 PM
Very sad news , the poor people didn't stand a chance . Really horrific seeing the papers today .

Phil's Barber
23-08-2015, 12:52 PM

Jacob Schilt 23.

RIP.

Very sad news. RIP Jacob.

Phil's Barber
23-08-2015, 12:53 PM
I think a moderator should move this post to another thread. It deserves some respect.

Agreed.

Supa Pard
23-08-2015, 12:58 PM
Very very sorry to hear that. Absolutely tragic.
My best mate lives in Shoreham too

RIP to all the victims.

Breaking rocks
23-08-2015, 12:59 PM
http://gu.com/p/4bmc8?

"Two more victims have been named as the Worthing United footballers Matthew Grimstone and Jacob Schilt. They are thought to have been on their way to play a match against Loxwood FC when they were caught up in the incident.

Grimstone was a goalkeeper with the non-league club, and Schilt played in midfield. The game against Loxwood, which was due to kick off at 3pm at Worthing Unitedís Robert Albon Memorial ground, was called off.

Worthing play in the Southern Combination Football League Premier Division, and were division two league and cup winners last season."

vegas78
23-08-2015, 01:11 PM
So sorry to hear about any of there fans invovled in this :(

Horrid, rivialy aside that is such tragic news.

RIP

Supa Pard
23-08-2015, 01:16 PM
I think it's one of those days when football rivalries don't count for much.

little al
23-08-2015, 01:54 PM

This.

RIP.

eaglejez
23-08-2015, 02:25 PM
Yep. Needs to be moved

cantspell
23-08-2015, 02:32 PM
RIP deserves separate thread as others have said

Ninjas Headband
23-08-2015, 06:45 PM
Very sad news.

Thoughts go out to the family and friends of those that have lost loved ones.

sw16girl
24-08-2015, 09:39 AM
RIP to Jacob and all the others that lost their lives.

RDSdaEAGLE
24-08-2015, 09:39 AM
My thoughts are with his family and friends. I've been to the last three REMF games and he was an excellent player.

REMF was set up in the aftermath of a terrible tragedy, in honour of Robert Eaton, who died in the 9/11 terrorist attacks. It's a charity I hold in the utmost respect, and one which has truly changed my perspective of our rivalry with Brighton.

It seems unfathomable that another supporter, someone who helped raise money for the charity, would die in such a way.

AndyStreet
24-08-2015, 09:41 AM
Just awful, awful news. Thoughts go out to all of the families and friends who will be so terribly affected by this. RIP.

GreatGonzo
24-08-2015, 09:46 AM
The BBC latest report on their website with photos of those tragically killed shows Jacob playing in the REMF game against Palace.

So sad to hear.

saxoneagle
24-08-2015, 09:51 AM
Very sad news, and it seems the death toll is expected to increase further.

Thoughts to everyone involved, and RIP.

sussexandproud
24-08-2015, 10:10 AM
Spot on. I have often said just because you support a different team, it does not make you better or less than any other footbal fan, irrespective of that team. The other lad named worked for the club as a groundsman at the training ground, so young and so tragic loss of live, on their way to'play football.

HRP
24-08-2015, 10:40 AM
Any chance of a game being arranged during the September free weekends ?

A club eleven v Brighton eleven with all proceeds going to the families .

Ash
24-08-2015, 10:53 AM
Condolences to everyone at BHAFC affected by this.

Tomo
24-08-2015, 11:28 AM
Spot on. I have often said just because you support a different team, it does not make you better or less than any other footbal fan, irrespective of that team. The other lad named worked for the club as a groundsman at the training ground, so young and so tragic loss of live, on their way to'play football.

Agreed.

Awful news and very sad.

LONDONMAN
24-08-2015, 11:41 AM
Very hard to comprehend that people can lose their life so randomly like this. Among all those who have died so tragically, the two lads on their way to play for Worthing is a haunting thought for any of us who have traveled to a match, either to play or watch.

Many condolences to all those concerned, so unfair that this has happened.

Chris K
24-08-2015, 12:20 PM
Really shocking, RIP

BVB Bob
24-08-2015, 12:34 PM
No-one should ever set out just to play/watch football and never come home.

Condolences to all affected.

RIP.

BaldEagle96
24-08-2015, 12:50 PM
Sad news all round and makes it even sadder when reading of the connections to our favourite game!!

RIP Jacob and everyone else tragically taken on Saturday!

tasty_snacks
24-08-2015, 01:11 PM
My thoughts are with his family and friends. I've been to the last three REMF games and he was an excellent player.

REMF was set up in the aftermath of a terrible tragedy, in honour of Robert Eaton, who died in the 9/11 terrorist attacks. It's a charity I hold in the utmost respect, and one which has truly changed my perspective of our rivalry with Brighton.

It seems unfathomable that another supporter, someone who helped raise money for the charity, would die in such a way.

Echoed. The coincidence is horrific.

RIP Jacob, and others.

excaterhameagle
24-08-2015, 01:44 PM

Top Post sums it up for me, I remember Palace fans applauding Roberts family as they walked passed us at the Amex . I live a stones throw from where it happened so sad, everyone seems to know someone that has been affected total shock in the area.
Rip peace all those that were tragically killed.

Glazier69
24-08-2015, 01:55 PM
I spent a pleasant afternoon at Worthing United last month when my son played in a pre-season friendly there. A nice, friendly little club - so sad for all concerned.

RIP to the two lads and all others involved.

Penstone Eagle
24-08-2015, 02:27 PM
Top Post sums it up for me, I remember Palace fans applauding Roberts family as they walked passed us at the Amex . I live a stones throw from where it happened so sad, everyone seems to know someone that has been affected total shock in the area.
Rip peace all those that were tragically killed.

I walked to the footbridge earlier, bought a lump to my throat, people clearly shocked.

alan cola
24-08-2015, 02:37 PM
very sadderned by this accident as a regular air show watcher it.s unthinkable what happened to these innocent spectators and drivers and passengers in the wrong place for a few tragic seconds
my heartfelt condolences to everyone involved in any way especially upset that it was our sussex neighbours just makes you think you never know what awaits you around the corner

Maiden Eagle
24-08-2015, 03:48 PM
This was a truly tragic incident and my deepest sympathy to anyone affected.

For many years, we used to go and watch the planes go over my sister-in-laws back garden in South Lancing on the Airshow weekend, whilst having a BBQ.

We would have always gone passed the airfield at lunchtime on the way to Lancing and you just cannot comprehend how something like that could happen, by merely waiting at some traffic lights.

A very, very sad occurrence.

Pistol Knight
24-08-2015, 04:01 PM
RIP to those that so tragically lost their lives & sympathy's for the families/friends involved.

biggus mickus
24-08-2015, 04:13 PM
Its all very sad.

RIP.

Ruskin Old Boy
24-08-2015, 04:27 PM
Deepest sympathy to the families of everyone who was killed.

One can't begin to imagine what it must have been like and the agony of not knowing what had happened. And that the young man who had played to raise money for REMF died with his mate as they were on their way to play a football match is so sad, they had their lives ahead of them.

dbutler
25-08-2015, 04:33 AM
Very sad news. RIP

dannyb1
25-08-2015, 07:47 AM
R.I.P to all involved.

This is only down the A27 from me and yesterday whilst at chichester sainsburys I see a few of the brighton lads on there way to worthing in full training gear get up, I was in palace shirt and jacket and it did not occur to me to have a little dig nor them just a mutual nod.

As for the way this tragic event played out, well I have an airfield just up the road from me and there is a guy who takes his spitfire out almost everyday so far this summer and come in very low past my dining room window to the point I thought he was going to crash.,

Fur cough
25-08-2015, 09:30 PM
I've been asked to post this.

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?325984-REMF-fundraiser-in-memory-of-Jacob-Schilt

RUSSELL
25-08-2015, 09:37 PM
I've been asked to post this.

http:// http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?325984-REMF-fundraiser-in-memory-of-Jacob-Schilt (http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?325984-REMF-fundraiser-in-memory-of-Jacob-Schilt)

Link didn't work....... Now fixed (in the quote)

Fur cough
25-08-2015, 09:44 PM
Link didn't work....... Now fixed

Thank you.

Phil's Barber
26-08-2015, 11:14 AM
Donated, but don't tell anyone!