PDA

View Full Version : Newcastle going down??

exiled in Wales
03-10-2015, 03:51 PM
You lot hated Pardew and gave him grief every week, even though he outperformed for a small northern club.

Now you feel the pain.

You are going down, say you are going down!!

Bloody northern muppets.

Simon A
03-10-2015, 04:09 PM
Their worse start to a season for 117 years. Be careful what you wish for, Geordies.

Jim Cannon
03-10-2015, 04:17 PM
Scoring first at Citeh was just plain naïve when you have a shit back 4 like they have

Lambeth Palace
03-10-2015, 04:26 PM
#sackpardew

Far East Eagle
03-10-2015, 06:22 PM
It was only 6 with that cockney Pardew **** it might have been more #cockneymafia ;)

Beanie
04-10-2015, 06:13 PM
It was only 6 with that cockney Pardew **** it might have been more #cockneymafia ;)

Must have been some wind that day, hearing Bow Bells in Wimbledon!! :D

Shipp Ahoy!
12-10-2015, 11:19 AM
Krul out for rest of season after doing his ACL, they are screwed!

sherrifbart
12-10-2015, 12:04 PM
Relegation?.All Pardews fault.At least they have someone to blame,Nothing to do with hiring a gang of mercenary players,plus an owner who is a total tosser.A year or two in the lower leagues might bring a sense of reality to those rabid fans.

Son of Ron
12-10-2015, 12:14 PM
Relegation?.All Pardews fault.At least they have someone to blame,Nothing to do with hiring a gang of mercenary players,plus an owner who is a total tosser.A year or two in the lower leagues might bring a sense of reality to those rabid fans.

It didn't before....and they were on telly even more than when they're in the Premier League !!

Dorking .Eagle
12-10-2015, 12:21 PM
Krul out for rest of season after doing his ACL, they are screwed!

Freddie Woodman in goal until January, dad Andy isn't around to help him as he left to join Palace!!

BaldEagle96
12-10-2015, 12:24 PM
Freddie Woodman in goal until January, dad Andy isn't around to help him as he left to join Palace!!

I know there back 4 is pretty poor but even they aren't allowed two keepers at once on the pitch. :p

sherrifbart
12-10-2015, 12:47 PM
However often they appear on tv is rather irrelevent,Channel 5 at nine o clock on saturday wont bring in the money that they lose by relegation.OK,the parachute money is there but it doesnt measure up to the size of the Premiership payments.And i cant see Ashley continuing to fork out millions if theyre playing the likes of Charlton,Bristol city etc.Relegation will be painful for these self appointed "best fans in the country".Mc Claren is not the saviour they thought he would be

Sharkba1t
12-10-2015, 12:59 PM
I think McClaren is doing a great job....long may it continue.

averity
12-10-2015, 01:33 PM
i think if newcaslt lose to sunderland, he be gone

Payney
13-10-2015, 10:32 AM

That's a massive contract to pay out after only 10 games if they sack him. They have some easier games coming up on paper so can see the Newcastle board giving him another 6 or 7 games before pressing the panic button.

100% Palace
13-10-2015, 10:51 AM
That's a massive contract to pay out after only 10 games if they sack him. They have some easier games coming up on paper so can see the Newcastle board giving him another 6 or 7 games before pressing the panic button.

Bet I know of one board member who would be against the sacking - a certain Mr S McClaren!

Jim Cannon
13-10-2015, 12:04 PM

That's a bit harsh, they always lose to Sunderland whoever is in charge:D

No4 Son
13-10-2015, 01:41 PM
I hope the get everything that is coming to them! Hate them with a passion.

swissroll
13-10-2015, 01:51 PM
Can see Stevo getting the boot if they don't beat Sunderland but doubt Newcastle will go down. They actually played very well for 1.5 games against Chelskea and City. Enough talent there to suggest they will rise with the right manager.

andyocpfc
13-10-2015, 02:36 PM
Is it me or does Steve Maclaren always look like he's laughing or smiling, even if they close.

Payney
13-10-2015, 03:41 PM
Is it me or does Steve Maclaren always look like he's laughing or smiling, even if they close.

The ridiculous 'monkey island' lump of hair at the front of his bonce does him no favours either. Shave it off man.

100% Palace
13-10-2015, 03:47 PM

Think it's to do with his botox and dentures.

Vince Hilaire's Afro
13-10-2015, 04:02 PM

Not necessarily, it depends on the details of the deal. It's a misconception that a contract is paid in full upon sacking

Seagull-Eater_ Miss_Selhurst_ SE19_denizen
13-10-2015, 08:47 PM

you took the words right out of my grin , he could be the joker in the next batman , the perma-smirk

SJ'sLoveMonkey
14-10-2015, 07:10 AM
Schteve under preshure sho shoon!

PhuketEagle
14-10-2015, 08:31 AM
It's Maclaren in the pits! (no coals to Newcastle jokes please - Ed.)

scro
14-10-2015, 09:06 AM
Such a long way to go.. i feel pretty uncomfortable with laughing at people potentially going down. we have only stayed up twice!

aj4england
14-10-2015, 10:58 AM
Never understand why a football manager is one of the few professions whereby you get paid the remainder of your contract for doing a bad job?!

Jerry Murphy's Fringe
14-10-2015, 11:05 AM
Never understand why a football manager is one of the few professions whereby you get paid the remainder of your contract for doing a bad job?!

Stop applying logic and the standard business rules. This is football.

Jim Cannon
14-10-2015, 01:21 PM

Generally they don't, the media allow people to believe this is the case though

Thanet Eagle
14-10-2015, 01:47 PM
Hilarious article on BBC Sport website today with some old 'Geordie' fans reminiscing about the good old days 50 years ago. Nearly made me cry.... with laughter !

100% Palace
14-10-2015, 03:04 PM
Hilarious article on BBC Sport website today with some old 'Geordie' fans reminiscing about the good old days 50 years ago. Nearly made me cry.... with laughter !

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34520083

Eagle's Away
14-10-2015, 05:04 PM
I am not sure how Shteve can fail.
he has the pride of the North East; all that history; a billionaire chairman; a team of champions and the best, most gracious, patient fans in the League.
what can go wrong?

Ruskin Old Boy
14-10-2015, 07:46 PM
I am not sure how Shteve can fail.
he has the pride of the North East; all that history; a billionaire chairman; a team of champions and the best, most gracious, patient fans in the League.
what can go wrong?

http://www.nufc.co.uk/javaImages/97/8e/0,,10278~9146007,00.jpg

Stellavista
16-10-2015, 03:41 PM
http://www.nufc.co.uk/javaImages/97/8e/0,,10278~9146007,00.jpg

Blimey, it's a c*nt convention.

Cleon
18-10-2015, 05:49 PM
Maybe not after today's result...

SteveCPFCDay
18-10-2015, 05:53 PM
Maybe not after today's result...
Even a broke clock's right twice a day..

exiled in Wales
25-10-2015, 01:28 PM
2-0 to Sunderland. Their fans really are complete muppets. Going down I think. Reality bites.

If I ever hear a Palace fan say of our manager "he's taken us as far as he can" when we finish in the top ten - I will punch them.

We have Pardew :)

Supa Pard
25-10-2015, 01:50 PM
I've a feeling McLaren might get served quicker in the job centre queue only by virtue of his surname than Sherwood.

Crofty
25-10-2015, 09:13 PM

I think he got work done in Thailand…..nip and tuck and all. He will be wanting his hole th'night mind!

DocSavage
07-11-2015, 01:09 PM
reminiscence

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zz0X5JjlgWM

Vince Hilaire's Afro
07-11-2015, 01:29 PM
Even a broke clock's right twice a day..

Depends on the nature of how it's broken. If the hands have stopped moving, yes. If the hands have completely fallen off, then no.

However, if is is simply running slow, I'm not sure how often it would tell the 'correct' time. Perhaps the BBS has the answer.

SteveCPFCDay
07-11-2015, 11:56 PM
Depends on the nature of how it's broken. If the hands have stopped moving, yes. If the hands have completely fallen off, then no.

However, if is is simply running slow, I'm not sure how often it would tell the 'correct' time. Perhaps the BBS has the answer.
Wow..

Twilko
08-11-2015, 06:03 AM

From Reddit:

For a slow clock, it would seem that a clock is correct 2-x times per day (on average), where x is the number of rotations per day that the slow clock makes (it would seem this is also true for fast clocks, just make the expression |2-x|). This can be thought of by drawing graphs of y=tmod12 and y=(xt/2)mod12 against one another (where t represents time and (x/2) represents the speed of the slow/fast clock as a ratio to a clock that is correct). Where the graphs cross represent points in time when the slow/fast clock is correct.

Also note, that if a clock at the correct speed, which rotates x=2 times per day, is considered using this equation, it would be shown that it is correct 0 times per day. This is because a clock at the correct speed is never correct, except if it so happens to be synchronised to actual time of its timezone, which it usually is (or rather, never is, if you want to argue that time is made up of infinitely dividable quantities, implying that no two events can truly happen at the same instant...although perhaps then we're getting a bit too philosophical for theydidthemath...).

Which I think means Newcastle will be relegated.

maestro
02-01-2016, 08:55 PM
They look in real trouble now with Norwich and Bournemouth picking up form.

Could be between them and Swansea

firstgame63cpfc
10-04-2016, 07:20 PM
Yes

ExCroydon_CPFC
10-04-2016, 08:28 PM
Would be lovely to see them drop

Dorking .Eagle
10-04-2016, 08:59 PM
We were relegated there in 1995 (deservedly so) and they were very decent to those of us there. But then they had Keegan and were 2nd or 3rd in the league and on cloud nine.

If we can be the ones to secure their relegation, I couldn't help but find it funny. Not saying I'd be doing a Charlton conga, but I'd certainly be happy.

chrisophiex
10-04-2016, 09:28 PM
Would be lovely to see them drop

Pardew's fault.

Jim Cannon
11-04-2016, 07:39 AM
Pardew's fault.

Well it could be though to be fair. I mean we could face a scenario where all Oldham style possibilities of relegation have been mathematically discounted.
Even allowing for a 3 point deduction after Dougie contacts the FA and grasses on David Hopkin for the Stockport handball. So Pardew could just out a second string side with a few youngsters blooded and allow Toon to take a priceless victory:supergrin:
No chance

Joe85
11-04-2016, 07:48 AM
Even allowing for a 3 point deduction after Dougie contacts the FA and grasses on David Hopkin for the Stockport handball.

:D wish I could rep from the Tapatalk.

BaldEagle96
11-04-2016, 08:16 AM
We were relegated there in 1995 (deservedly so) and they were very decent to those of us there.

That was a shit day and even though in our heart of hearts we knew it was going to happen it was still a shit day. Then a 4/5 hour drive home!! :sob:

Nigelbrag
11-04-2016, 08:25 AM
Hard to imagine isn't it, a look at that team with quality in abundance allround but somehow unable to perform as a unit. Why? struggling for a period is understandable due to loss of form, injuries etc ,but now the reality of them being relegated is very real, is unthinkable. Now even with a quality manager at the helm they look a shambolic unit with no heart for the fight ahead, this must surely be all down to the players just Not caring and simply going through the motions, which eventually spells disaster come May for those long suffering incredibly loyal Geordie fans.
Add Aston Villa to the mix and you realise no club is safe from relegation if the players don't have pride and a fight for the cause. And on the flip side, Leicester have shown when players have pride and focus and belief in the manager, what can be achieved with basically the same team apart from 3/4 additions that was a lost cause last season to now potential champions.

Joe85
11-04-2016, 08:50 AM
Defence is key. Newcastle's back four is a shambles. Steven Taylor, Colocini, Mbemba these guys should be no where near the starting line up of a Prem football team.

They've invested so heavily on players all over the pitch and completely ignored just how shit the back four is. Feels like McClaren thought he could somehow replicate the doomed Keegan philosophy of "you score 3 we'll score more" but neglected to realise that he's spunked 100+ million on players who have yet to have even half of a prolific season resulting in more of a "you score 3, we'll do **** all" approach.

Recipe for disaster.

GreatGonzo
11-04-2016, 12:17 PM
Nothing to do with the managers, especially which players they have.

Astounding that Carr is still there!

Dorking .Eagle
11-04-2016, 12:21 PM
That was a shit day and even though in our heart of hearts we knew it was going to happen it was still a shit day. Then a 4/5 hour drive home!! :sob:

Yep, made all the harder by their celebrations. Remember a bloke in an ostrich costume (like Bernie Clifton) charging around the stands, and a carnival atmosphere but we were never going to get a result.

CedarEagle
11-04-2016, 12:28 PM
Newcastle are a shambles. They need to get relegated just so they can have a clear out and start again. I think they're pretty much doomed and will put us all out of their misery.

HilaireHairHere
11-04-2016, 03:05 PM
I feel a lot of sympathy for the fans, but I'll feel none for Mike Ashley if they do get relegated, as it seems clear that he's just using the club to promote his brand.

knowlesyUCLA
11-04-2016, 03:29 PM
The perfect end to the season would be to get to the FA Cup final, win it against Man Utd having already been the team to send Newcastle down.