PDA

View Full Version : Nicola,......Saints visit today.

leicester1
17-10-2015, 10:12 PM
A lot of unfortunate errors pre match so we ended up in the Waterfront early doors....then the Alex.///.......skipped the Prince of Wales.....yep...tooo long a walk....the game....your atmosphere....my 1st visit so obviously i think your lacking,we out sung you even when we were behind....you have a couple of handy players but not having a tv prevents me from naming them.......thanks to the Saints that befriended us and to all the wanna bees that thought about it :D....come to the Counting House....:D............your the first set of supporters that ai'nt getting a warm welcome here...:angel:

Latvian
18-10-2015, 08:58 AM
U wot m8?

Battle EAGLE
18-10-2015, 03:25 PM
A lot of unfortunate errors pre match so we ended up in the Waterfront early doors....then the Alex.///.......skipped the Prince of Wales.....yep...tooo long a walk....the game....your atmosphere....my 1st visit so obviously i think your lacking,we out sung you even when we were behind....you have a couple of handy players but not having a tv prevents me from naming them.......thanks to the Saints that befriended us and to all the wanna bees that thought about it :D....come to the Counting House....:D............your the first set of supporters that ai'nt getting a warm welcome here...:angel:

Went to the Counting House couple years ago, friendly pub good banter.
Can't make this one,take a draw now though. Saints twats end of.

Biscuitmen
26-10-2015, 05:14 PM

Try Southampton on a Friday night where it's been kicking off all day and we beat them to the title that same night.

:p

Nicola C
01-11-2015, 08:11 PM
Nicola,......Saints visit today.

Bloody hell! What a mess that is!

Is this thread for me? I'm struggling to understand it, as it is barely intelligible.

School system must be a mess in Leicester.

Arron
01-11-2015, 08:22 PM

Is this thread for me? I'm struggling to understand it, as it is barely intelligible.

You just can't help yourself, you always have to be a ****.

eagles #1
01-11-2015, 08:25 PM
You just can't help yourself, you always have to be a ****.

He's right though, what the **** is that bloke on about?

Golf Boy
01-11-2015, 11:21 PM

Who the **** else is it for?

School system must be a mess on the south coast

Nicola C
02-11-2015, 04:04 PM
Who the **** else is it for?

School system must be a mess on the south coast

Seems it isn't great in South London, as I was asking a rhetorical question.

rhetorical question: a figure of speech in the form of a question that is asked in order to make a point rather than to elicit an answer

eagle mart
02-11-2015, 04:07 PM
He responded with a rhetorical question, you absolute thundercunt.

Nicola C
02-11-2015, 04:14 PM
I know he did, but if he wasn't able to grasp I was asking one in the first place then I doubt he fully understands what one is.

Phil's Barber
02-11-2015, 04:32 PM
I know he did, but if he wasn't able to grasp I was asking one in the first place then I doubt he fully understands what one is.

Well done you. I thought everyone in your part of the south coast was inbred and spoke like a worzel but this one is a very clever boy. Go to matron for some extra tuck.

Heb 7:4
02-11-2015, 04:39 PM

You made yourself look a right twat :D

Nicola C
02-11-2015, 04:49 PM
You made yourself look a right twat :D

Only to the uninitiated.

Well done you. I thought everyone in your part of the south coast was inbred and spoke like a worzel but this one is a very clever boy. Go to matron for some extra tuck.

Why do you think the accent of someone who supports a football club from a merchant & luxury liner port city in Hampshire is that of a West Country farmer and inbred?

Phil's Barber
02-11-2015, 04:55 PM
Only to the uninitiated.

Why do you think the accent of someone who supports a club from a merchant & luxury liner port city in Hampshire means you sound like a West Country farmer?

Because you do. Oooh aaaaarrgh etc.

Nicola C
02-11-2015, 05:02 PM
Because you do. Oooh aaaaarrgh etc.

You appear to not know that Hampshire isn't in the West Country.

It is in South East England along with the home counties...

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/92/South_East_England_in_England.svg/800px-South_East_England_in_England.svg.png

Phil's Barber
02-11-2015, 05:06 PM
And in Southampton they speak like farmers. Christ it's not complicated yokel.

Nicola C
02-11-2015, 05:18 PM
And in Southampton they speak like farmers. Christ it's not complicated yokel.

I'll play along and ask again... why would citizens of a South East England luxury liner & merchant port city sound like farmers?

Southampton isn't a market town in Devon or Cornwall where farmers come for the Wednesday market. It is a city in the South East of England, notable for its port.

You have fallen into odd stereotyping that doesn't match reality.

Breaking rocks
02-11-2015, 05:25 PM

How very rude.

Leicester may not have all the social media savvy that you possess but, in my experience, he has always posted on here in a friendly and complimentary manner which has won him a lot of respect on the bbs.

Breaking rocks
02-11-2015, 05:27 PM
Only to the uninitiated.

Why do you think the accent of someone who supports a football club from a merchant & luxury liner port city in Hampshire is that of a West Country farmer and inbred?

Two words - Mick Channon.

Phil's Barber
02-11-2015, 05:28 PM
I'll play along and ask again... why would citizens of a South East England luxury liner & merchant port city sound like farmers?

Citizens of a what? Anyway this should help:

www.cpfc.org/forums/showpost.php?p=12647909&postcount=15

Golf Boy
02-11-2015, 05:53 PM

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/92/South_East_England_in_England.svg/800px-South_East_England_in_England.svg.png

West of slough and you are carrot cruncher country. North of Watford and you are in Scotland. Everyone outside the M25 is inbred.

Big Gav
02-11-2015, 06:12 PM
Three words - Matt Le Tosser

Big Gav
02-11-2015, 06:15 PM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/70179951@N03/6683631051

Nicola C
02-11-2015, 08:21 PM
Two words - Mick Channon.

He is from Wiltshire, not Hampshire.

Nicola C
02-11-2015, 08:22 PM
Three words - Matt Le Tissier

He is from the Channel Islands, not Hampshire.

Ash
02-11-2015, 11:00 PM
Worzel Gummidge, filmed in Hampshire. F*ck you, carrot cruncher!

Phil's Barber
02-11-2015, 11:28 PM
Here you go Farmer Giles:

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/forum/50812/566216/#.VjfxQ27AJPM

Nicola C
03-11-2015, 12:20 AM
Worzel Gummidge, filmed in Hampshire. F*ck you, carrot cruncher!

That is bizarre and flawed logic.

The Dad's Army 1970's TV series was filmed in Norfolk, not the South coast of England where it is set. The new Dad's Army movie was filmed in Yorkshire and not the south coast of England where it is set.

Just because something is filmed somewhere, it doesn't mean it is set there or the characters are from that location. Plus, its a children's story about a magical scarecrow, it has a large amount of artistic licence to it and is hardly a factual representation of a location.

Nicola C
03-11-2015, 12:22 AM
Here you go Farmer Giles:

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/forum/50812/566216/#.VjfxQ27AJPM

What do you think that proves towards your point? Did you actually even bother reading all the posts in that very short thread?

It contains quotes such as...

"I'd say most Southampton folk I know speak with a south east accent."

"slightly more home counties accent and some are pretty much BBC neutral"

"i would say mine is basically a Southern English accent"

ed winchester
03-11-2015, 01:54 AM
For my money, The Hant Shiters may be located in the South East (just) but really they are the descendants of the old county of Wessex, which, as the name suggests, are the Saxon "West people", whereas Surrey is old English for the "South area".

I think Nicola C is the bastard son of Benny Hill, the fastest milkman in the West.

Bipe
03-11-2015, 06:29 AM
Reg Presley?

eagle mart
03-11-2015, 07:46 AM
Nicola C is autistic. Just throwing it out there.

Phil's Barber
03-11-2015, 09:39 AM
What do you think that proves towards your point? Did you actually even bother reading all the posts in that very short thread?

I think it proves that the majority of people from Southampton realise they sound like fully paid up tractor driving farmers, and that the rest are in denial and see the place as a luxury bin liner merchant's harbour or whatever it is you called it.

Ash
03-11-2015, 09:53 AM
That is bizarre and flawed logic.

If you say so strawberry grower.

LONDONMAN
03-11-2015, 09:55 AM
Reg Presley?

Old Reg was more Trogg than Troll, like Nicola.

Somebody from a place called Hampton will always get on your wick.

Breaking rocks
03-11-2015, 10:15 AM

If you can hop off your combine harvester for a few minutes you might like to listen to the following from the International Dialects of English Archive -

http://www.dialectsarchive.com/england-50
http://www.dialectsarchive.com/england-51

Big Gav
03-11-2015, 05:41 PM
LHtfZCMYCP0

Any relatives in the video Nicola?

Nicola C
03-11-2015, 08:38 PM
LHtfZCMYCP0

Any relatives in the video Nicola?

Any relatives in the video Gav?

6zoXoE6w__Y

A spot of shopping(mass looting) in Saaf London mate innit!

Nicola C
03-11-2015, 08:41 PM
If you can hop off your combine harvester for a few minutes you might like to listen to the following from the International Dialects of English Archive -

http://www.dialectsarchive.com/england-50
http://www.dialectsarchive.com/england-51

Why? 50 is one person from Bristol, 51 is one person from Wiltshire. How is that relevant?

Adlerhorst
03-11-2015, 08:53 PM

That's a map of a European Constituency, so a political construct, not the actual South East.

Golf Boy
03-11-2015, 08:58 PM
I don't really mind the Saints, but Nicola C is a ******* ****.

Nicola C
03-11-2015, 09:00 PM
That's a map of a European Constituency, so a political construct, not the actual South East.

How do you determine what is "the actual South East" of England?

Breaking rocks
03-11-2015, 10:26 PM
Why? 50 is one person from Bristol, 51 is one person from Wiltshire. How is that relevant?

Tomato, Potato.

I thought we were drawing our own maps and boundaries to suit?

Nicola C
03-11-2015, 10:30 PM
Tomato, Potato.

I thought we were drawing our own maps and boundaries to suit?

I haven't drawn my own map. Hampshire is widely considered to be in the South East or South. You'd struggle to find any respectable source that would locate it in the South West.

Phil's Barber
03-11-2015, 10:50 PM
I haven't drawn my own map. Hampshire is widely considered to be in the South East or South. You'd struggle to find any respectable source that would locate it in the South West.

I'd also struggle to give a shit. South East/West/Southern, it doesn't matter. You still sound like pig farmers in your coastal hamlet.

Selhurst Celtic
03-11-2015, 10:53 PM
People from Southampton and Portsmouth do talk funny, I've noticed that before.

Adlerhorst
03-11-2015, 11:24 PM
How do you determine what is "the actual South East" of England?By being from the south east and knowing what I am talking about. SE is London and the Home Counties. That's it. No Oxfordshire, no Cambridgeshire, and no Hampshire.

You sound like an estate agent trying to pass Swiss Cottage off as Hampstead.

LONDONMAN
04-11-2015, 01:57 AM
Pompey qualifies as South East.

South East of Hants, that is.

LONDONMAN
04-11-2015, 01:57 AM
How do you determine what is "the actual South East" of England?

As the crow flies, taking Broadstairs in Kent as the furthest point South East, it is 127 miles to fly into Southampton and shit on those below.

Our crow has another 126 miles to fly into Plymouth, the furthest point South West in England.

The crow has refused to fly into Cornwall in case it gets caught and put into a pastie.

I hereby declare Southampton as officially a South Western outpost, by 1 mile. Thank you.

orp pisshead1
04-11-2015, 08:35 AM
How very rude.

Leicester may not have all the social media savvy that you possess but, in my experience, he has always posted on here in a friendly and complimentary manner which has won him a lot of respect on the bbs.

Spot on :p
Rob aka Leicester 1 is a decent poster .

04-11-2015, 08:36 AM
Whereas Nicola C is an utter cockwomble

orp pisshead1
04-11-2015, 08:38 AM

Only if you live there:D, you sound like West Country to us in the South East so your West Country borders at the very least.

leicester1
04-11-2015, 04:03 PM
I completely forgot about this thread......it was laid out when I was under the influence but in a nutshell I don't really like Southampton too much but we did get to meet some very decent Saints fans I have to admit......and....I posted because it amuses me too read Nicola's posts,:angel:....the education system in Middle England,ha ha..i left school at 15 as all I wanted to do was earn some ackers so I could follow Leicester City,....after a hard day at work today I now have a smile on my face....:D........:lux:

Nicola C
04-11-2015, 07:32 PM
That is a very...long...sentence;><O...............leicester1....you;;'...must;;;...b e;;...out;;...of;;...breath;;....:D...:p lol innit

leicester1
04-11-2015, 10:02 PM
What the hecks those circles and arrows N......DID'NT TEACH US THAT UP HERE....Anyway.....London calling tomorrow.............:no sign of the banners being returned my way i see..........nevermind i have a full day planned.lux:

BeaverWilly
10-12-2015, 05:21 AM
Saints visit us this weekend and surely it's about time we take at least a point off them. I see Nicola C hasn't been on here to post in over a month - maybe because Southampton are currently outside the top half?

Golf Boy
10-12-2015, 07:44 AM
Come on Nicola. I need to be educated on how much better the Saints are than Palace in every respect.

Golf Boy
10-12-2015, 07:46 AM
Only if you live there:D, you sound like West Country to us in the South East so your West Country borders at the very least.

Tbf, anywhere West of the M25 is considered the South West by Londoners.

Phil's Barber
12-12-2015, 08:31 PM
There was a faint smell of manure around Selhurst today. No sign of Farmer Giles on here though.

elgin eagle
12-12-2015, 10:44 PM
There was a faint smell of manure around Selhurst today. No sign of Farmer Giles on here though.

He's stuck in a field in his tractor with no reception.

SJ'sLoveMonkey
12-12-2015, 10:49 PM
Or boring the bollocks off of somebody else's fans

Big Gav
12-12-2015, 11:19 PM
Any relatives in the video Gav?

6zoXoE6w__Y

A spot of shopping(mass looting) in Saaf London mate innit!

None of my family are from Croydon Wurzel.
Hope you enjoyed the match today :hi:

BeaverWilly
13-12-2015, 01:12 AM
Oh so I see Nicola C still hasn't been on here. I'm sure in the past he's been straight on here every time after our games in the past to make his usual patronising remarks.

I do hope he's ok...

eaglejez
13-12-2015, 10:43 AM
theyve always been a small club above their station with some rich benefactors who don't even support them. They will drift down over the next few years

13-12-2015, 10:51 AM
Oh so I see Nicola C still hasn't been on here. I'm sure in the past he's been straight on here every time after our games in the past to make his usual patronising remarks.

I do hope he's ok...

He was on here yesterday, he just didn't post, but don't encourage him. I don't want him back even to gloat over beating them. He's an utter bell, who supports a meaningless club, and thinks we give a shit about the size of their club shop. Absolute freak.

Malarkey
13-12-2015, 10:59 AM
Always knew he was a spineless tart.

leicester1
14-12-2015, 06:41 AM
I keep looking to see the thread about the Southampton fan Nics day out in South London on Saturday.....pubs visited,interaction with Palace fans,in depth opinion on the game etc.....probably writing it up in shorthand so i expect it to be a biggy......:rolleyes:

TheMexicanHorse
14-12-2015, 06:48 AM
To be fair I usually quite enjoyed his posts, mainly because it wound up some of our fans for some reason.

That said, if you actively register and then start posting on another teams forum (including CP fans on NSC) than for sure your a weirdo of sorts .

TheMexicanHorse
14-12-2015, 06:58 AM
theyve always been a small club above their station with some rich benefactors who don't even support them. They will drift down over the next few years

I quite enjoyed Koeman rant about our "direct football".

LONDONMAN
14-12-2015, 08:27 AM
Alright Terry Byfield, you can stop masquerading as the Southamton manager now, we've sussed you!

eaglejez
14-12-2015, 09:17 AM
I quite enjoyed Koeman rant about our "direct football".

small clubs like us can only compete with the big clubs like Southampton by hoofing it and praying for a lucky goal from a set piece. Perhaps one day we will be as big as this gigantic club

brighton_eagle
14-12-2015, 09:23 AM

Is that supposed to be an insult?

The Parish Wig
14-12-2015, 09:28 AM

These rich benefactors, are they called Harris and Blitzer by any chance Jez?

Penstone Eagle
14-12-2015, 09:31 AM
Nicola is obviously the same as their manager, unable to compliment a team who have beaten them and can't bare the thought of little old Palace being above them.

eagle mart
14-12-2015, 09:33 AM
Is that supposed to be an insult?

No. An explanation.

eagle mart
14-12-2015, 09:47 AM

We are where we are without their money. And if they do come on board, they wont put in half of what Bloom has.

Rich benefactors? No, not unless they bought the club and turned us into Man City.

But anyway, I just see Southampton's owners as.... fairly wealthy owners. Nothing more.

Phil's Barber
14-12-2015, 09:56 AM

Are Southampton your other Prem team?

New LP
14-12-2015, 10:39 AM
These people never return when the tables turn.

eaglejez
14-12-2015, 11:40 AM

1. they aren't anything to do with Palace
2. and even if they are we don't care :p

eaglejez
14-12-2015, 11:42 AM
We are where we are without their money. And if they do come on board, they wont put in half of what Bloom has.

Rich benefactors? No, not unless they bought the club and turned us into Man City.

But anyway, I just see Southampton's owners as.... fairly wealthy owners. Nothing more.

yep TBF to Southampton they haven't cheated as much as Brighton have. Disgusting amount of living beyond their means and owners writing off costs that don't even appear in their accounts. I'm amazed they have been allowed to get away with it but I suppose some clubs don't have very high morals

smileysmith
14-12-2015, 12:40 PM

No need for that.

brighton_eagle
14-12-2015, 01:08 PM
No. An explanation.

What do you think it explains?

eagle mart
14-12-2015, 02:57 PM
What do you think it explains?

I am not going to get drawn into a conversation from a throw away comment that included a word that spans a whole spectrum of difficulties, and which is also about a subject you clearly know more about than me about. So I'll just withdraw and say apologies for my ignorance.

brighton_eagle
14-12-2015, 03:08 PM
I am not going to get drawn into a conversation from a throw away comment that included a word that spans a whole spectrum of difficulties, and which is also about a subject you clearly know more about than me about. So I'll just withdraw and say apologies for my ignorance.

Thanks, and apologies if I seemed aggressive. I'm probably just hyper sensitive at the moment. :)

leicester1
14-12-2015, 04:39 PM
Mexican............i'm sitting here with a pair of y fronts on my head and with a sharpened pencils up each nostril nodding at your post .....and agreeing wholehartedly.....:p.............................. HOLD ON.........:D:D:D

Stellavista
14-12-2015, 06:19 PM
People from Southampton and Portsmouth do talk funny, I've noticed that before.

It's almost English, but not quite.

Palace Dan
14-12-2015, 10:33 PM
I keep looking to see the thread about the Southampton fan Nics day out in South London on Saturday.....pubs visited,interaction with Palace fans,in depth opinion on the game etc.....probably writing it up in shorthand so i expect it to be a biggy......:rolleyes:

Hey buddy!!

Things looking a LOT better for your boys! Another great team performance - well done!

leicester1
14-12-2015, 11:41 PM
Cheers matey....a lot of smiles in the pub after the game....ivé missed 1 game so far this season but now i'm taking a 2 week break....family and Christmas.......absolutely thrilled and gonna take a long,long look at the Premiership table when i finally get round to it.:D...........:p

bald-eagle
15-12-2015, 04:47 PM
Cheers matey....a lot of smiles in the pub after the game....ivé missed 1 game so far this season but now i'm taking a 2 week break....family and Christmas.......absolutely thrilled and gonna take a long,long look at the Premiership table when i finally get round to it.:D...........:p

won't take you long to find Leicester :D

but pleeeaaaaaszzze get rid of those ******* paper clappers!

leicester1
15-12-2015, 06:08 PM
Clackers.....ha ha...i just don't get involved with those things....sat through the 1st half eating my free crisps with my Clacker still tucked behind my seat.....2nd half did the old one 2 moved up the stand and stood with the lads singing and clapping about 6 seats from Chelsea.:lux:

Palace Dan
15-12-2015, 08:54 PM
Clackers.....ha ha...i just don't get involved with those things....sat through the 1st half eating my free crisps with my Clacker still tucked behind my seat.....2nd half did the old one 2 moved up the stand and stood with the lads singing and clapping about 6 seats from Chelsea.:lux:

HAPPY HAPPY days!!

Looked very good on the tv last night - justified win :p

Battle EAGLE
17-12-2015, 03:53 PM

Watched second half, great result not gonna mention clackers, but I won't be going back to Leicester until they are gone. Good luck for the rest of the season.

leicester1
20-12-2015, 12:57 AM
Just a quick one......who out of you lot [palace] met Nicole?........

leicester1
20-12-2015, 01:00 AM
Battle e.....don't be daft......i'll meet u at the station and escort u round pubs you'd never normally have accesss.......:p......balls in your court.:D

hdeagle
09-01-2016, 05:16 PM
Palace now becoming Southampton's bogey side having won 3 of the last 4 encounters and
once again ending their FA Cup dreams.

BeaverWilly
11-01-2016, 01:12 AM
And still no sign of Nicola C.

Good riddance.

11-01-2016, 07:54 AM
And still no sign of Nicola C.

Good riddance.

Was viewing the bbs during the match but didn't comment.

Penstone Eagle
11-01-2016, 09:48 AM
What poor support in vocal terms they have, one song wonders like Brighton zzzzzzzzz

eaglejez
11-01-2016, 09:50 AM
small club beginning to disintegrate. Owners will ditch them soon

Adlerhorst
11-01-2016, 10:07 AM
Was viewing the bbs during the match but didn't comment.Please don't encourage him/her/it

Pidster
11-01-2016, 10:38 AM

According to NSC they are PLR..... oh sorry you mean Soton.

Nicola C
15-01-2016, 08:31 PM

"small club"

You really want to go there? By what criteria are Palace "bigger"?

- league and cup results over the last 50 years? No
- attendances? No
- infrastructure at stadium and training ground? No
- academy reputation? No
- financially? No

Why would Liebherr "ditch them soon"? You are very quick to jump at a brief spell of poor results in 6 years of Liebherr ownership. The club remains strong in many areas.

Are you aware there are only 4 points between Saints and Palace at the moment?

This Saturday sees...

Saints vs West Brom
Man City vs Palace

Would you agree that there is a reasonable chance of Palace losing and Saints winning?

That would see a gap close to 1 point by tomorrow evening.

Most Palace fans will object to this, but I really wouldn't have many Palace players in a combined XI (in a 4-2-3-1 formation).

Especially now Saints injury problems of recent months have nearly cleared up completely. Fraser Forster back in goal, Pelle back upfront, Cedric at right back all make a big difference.

mpfn
15-01-2016, 08:37 PM
"small club"

- attendances? No
- academy reputation? No
- financially? No

Why would Liebherr "ditch them soon"? You are very quick to jump at a brief spell of poor results. The club remains strong in many areas.

This Saturday sees...

Saints vs West Brom
Man City vs Palace

Would you agree that there is a reasonable chance of Palace losing and Saints winning?

Most Palace fans will object to this, but I really wouldn't have many Palace players in a combined XI (in a 4-2-3-1 formation).

Especially now Saints injury problems of recent months have nearly cleared up completely. Fraser Forster back in goal, Pelle back upfront, Cedric at right back all make a big difference.

Thanks for honouring us with your presence.
Shame it's taken you a week rolleyes:

Nicola C
15-01-2016, 08:38 PM
Thanks for honouring us with your presence.
Shame it's taken you a week rolleyes:

Don't fancy answering any of the questions I posed then?

mpfn
15-01-2016, 08:40 PM
Don't fancy answering any of the questions I posed then?

Can I pose one for you ?
What's it like to be beaten at home by a smaller club ?

Nicola C
15-01-2016, 08:47 PM
Can I pose one for you ?
What's it like to be beaten at home by a smaller club ?

If you are referring to the loss to Palace in the FA Cup then it was frustrating given Saints control of large parts of the game and 18 shots to 6. Credit to Palace for the win, which is ultimately all that matters.

I don't particularly like the big club/ittle club debate as it is flawed by everyone having a different definition of what constitutes a "big club". There is no agreed definition.

Selhurst Celtic
15-01-2016, 08:58 PM
How was division 3?
Palace haven't sunk that low in a long time.

(I'm not claiming one club is bigger than the other here, that's a horseshit argument that means nothing. Your club is your club.)

Big Gav
15-01-2016, 09:14 PM
If you are referring to the loss to Palace in the FA Cup then it was frustrating given Saints control of large parts of the game and 18 shots to 6. Credit to Palace for the win, which is ultimately all that matters.

I don't particularly like the big club/ittle club debate as it is flawed by everyone having a different definition of what constitutes a "big club". There is no agreed definition.

How was the harvest this year?

Breaking rocks
15-01-2016, 09:15 PM

:)

Nicola C
15-01-2016, 09:15 PM

Waterlogged.

Phil's Barber
15-01-2016, 09:25 PM
Farmer Giles is back. Ooooh aaaargh.

eaglejez
15-01-2016, 09:31 PM
"small club"

- attendances? No
- academy reputation? No
- financially? No

Why would Liebherr "ditch them soon"? You are very quick to jump at a brief spell of poor results in 6 years of Liebherr ownership. The club remains strong in many areas.

This Saturday sees...

Saints vs West Brom
Man City vs Palace

Ha ha. Hooked him.

Historically we've always been bigger than Southamption. Like Brighton you got some owners build a new stadium and got a few plastics but I think you'd agree the atmosphere is pretty shocking.

The famed academy had a flukey golden period but that money has all been wasted. The deep down key point is your owners are only in it for the short term money and have no emotional attachment to the club at all. Your just not sustainable which is as soon as you go down in the next few years you'll be another Sheff United, Port Vale etc

Nicola C
15-01-2016, 09:43 PM
Historically we've always been bigger than Southamption.

Using what criteria?

- attendances? No
- academy reputation? No
- financially? No

Like Brighton you got some owners build a new stadium and got a few plastics but I think you'd agree the atmosphere is pretty shocking

That doesn't hold together partially well as an argument. :D

- St Mary's stadium was opened in 2001
- The Liebherr's bought the club in 2009

The famed academy had a flukey golden period

A flukey period from the 1980's to 2016? 36+ years, that is quite a fluke! :D

but that money has all been wasted.

The deep down key point is your owners are only in it for the short term money and have no emotional attachment to the club at all.

Utter and complete nonsense.

The Liebherr's have owned the club for 7 years.

Markus Liebherr only owned it for 1 of those 7 years before he died. The other 6 have been by his daughter who regularly flies into the UK to watch games home and away; plus has invested far more money than her dad ever did.

Your just not sustainable which is as soon as you go down in the next few years you'll be another Sheff United, Port Vale etc

Can you explain how the club is not sustainable? In the last two years it posted combined profits of £40m+ as a top half Premier League club.

How is that not evidence of a sustainable business model?

old git
15-01-2016, 09:49 PM
Nobody gives a ****.

eaglejez
15-01-2016, 10:04 PM
Using what criteria?

- attendances? No
- academy reputation? No
- financially? No

That doesn't hold together partially well as an argument. :D

- St Mary's stadium was opened in 2001
- The Liebherr's bought the club in 2009

A flukey period from the 1980's to 2016? 36+ years, that is quite a fluke! :D

Utter and complete nonsense.

The Liebherr's have owned the club for 7 years.

Markus Liebherr only owned it for 1 of those 7 years before he died. The other 6 have been by his daughter who regularly flies into the UK to watch games home and away; plus has invested far more money than her dad ever did.

Can you explain how the club is not sustainable? In the last two years it posted combined profits of £40m+ as a top half Premier League club.

How is that not evidence of a sustainable business model?

Oooh. 7 years. I take it all back. :D

We've got more fans than you. Not that we care about fan numbers but it's true.
Financially you're staring down the barrel and you know it

Nicola C
15-01-2016, 10:21 PM
Oooh. 7 years. I take it all back. :D

If she didn't care for the club why did she put huge amounts of cash into it after her father died? If she had no interest she would have sold it, instead the reality is she has owned it for 6 years. A 6 year period that saw the club rise from League One to 7th in England last season.

We've got more fans than you. Not that we care about fan numbers but it's true.

Is this shown by attendances? No

Attendances is the key one, so lets instead open it up to other more suspect ways you could potentially determine fan numbers...

Twitter followers?

Palace - 299,000
Saints - 484,000

Facebook likes?

Palace - 749,000
Southampton - 1.3 million

So what exactly are you basing this on?

Financially you're staring down the barrel and you know it

Can you provide any evidence to support this?

The large profits posted in the last 2 years very much suggest otherwise and they came in seasons where the club finished in the top half of the Premier League.

You make this far too easy! :D

Ash
15-01-2016, 10:31 PM
Good luck with your strawberries this year.

Noice bit o' furtilizaaargh.

Selhurst Celtic
15-01-2016, 10:38 PM
What about who has had the longest run in the top two divisions in recent years and haven't been slumming it with Brighton in division 3?

You can tailor your arguments and facts however you want. At the end of the day it doesn't matter. My mate supports Shrewsbury Town and to him they are the greatest football team in the world.

Selhurst Celtic
15-01-2016, 10:43 PM
What's your record home attendance?
Is it bigger than the club who you suffered your heaviest away defeat to?

Like I said, facts and figures can be manipulated to suit an argument.

Nicola C
15-01-2016, 10:46 PM
What about who has had the longest run in the top two divisions in recent years and haven't been slumming it with Brighton in division 3?

That was a short term blip due to the mismanagement by Rupert Lowe. Surely you agree the 3rd tier is below where a club like Saints is likely to be long term? As reality showed, we were there for two seasons, the first being with a points deduction and the second season being part of successive promotions back to the Premier League.

If we look at two generations worth of seasons which is a prolonged period of time.

Time in the top flight in the last 50 years since England won the World Cup...

- Southampton 39 years out of 50
- Crystal Palace 15 years out of 50

Saints also had a 27 year consecutive spell in the top flight, the best Palace have ever managed is 4.

Selhurst Celtic
15-01-2016, 10:49 PM
Division 3 baby. Division 3. There's a lot of Palace supporters who have never seen us play at such a level.

Nicola C
15-01-2016, 10:52 PM
Division 3 baby. Division 3. There's a lot of Palace supporters who have never seen us play at such a level.

Like us, in very recent history you've had financial problems and were on the verge of the 3rd tier. Yes, you didn't go down but if you did then like Saints it would be a short term blip. Both clubs long term are likely to be in the top two leagues.

As I've already pointed out, over a 50 year period which covers the supporting life of the majority of Palace and Saints fans, Saints have been significantly more successful in league performance.

Gollum
15-01-2016, 10:57 PM
L

As I've already pointed out, over a 50 year period which covers the supporting life of the majority of Palace and Saints fans, Saints have been significantly more successful in league performance.

Have a coconut...

Selhurst Celtic
15-01-2016, 11:16 PM
Like us, in very recent history you've had financial problems and were on the verge of the 3rd tier. Yes, you didn't go down but if you did then like Saints it would be a short term blip. Both clubs long term are likely to be in the top two leagues.

Division 3.

Phil's Barber
15-01-2016, 11:45 PM
Like us, in very recent history you've had financial problems and were on the verge of the 3rd tier. Yes, you didn't go down but if you did then like Saints it would be a short term blip.

We'll never know the answer to that one Giles.

eaglejez
16-01-2016, 12:12 AM
If she didn't care for the club why did she put huge amounts of cash into it after her father died? If she had no interest she would have sold it, instead the reality is she has owned it for 6 years. A 6 year period that saw the club rise from League One to 7th in England last season.

Attendances is the key one, so lets instead open it up to other more suspect ways you could potentially determine fan numbers...

Twitter followers?

Palace - 299,000
Saints - 484,000

Facebook likes?

Palace - 749,000

The large profits posted in the last 2 years very much suggest otherwise and they came in seasons where the club finished in the top half of the Premier League.

Actual fans. Everyone knows most of yours are JCL plastics who support other clubs. Attendance at your soulless ground proves that.

As for the finances. It's like arguing with a child so I think I won't bother. I'm sure it'll be ok for you
snigger

Nicola C
16-01-2016, 12:51 AM
Actual fans. Everyone knows most of yours are JCL plastics who support other clubs. Attendance at your soulless ground proves that.

Utter nonsense once again.

The club has had 8 seasons in the Premier League at St Mary's. Every single one of those 8 seasons has seen an average of over 30k. Palace have only once averaged over 30k in their entire history and that was in the early 1970's.

In our last Championship season the average was over 26k. In our last League One season the average was circa 22k, even had over 30k for some League One games. Both of those are significantly above what Palace got in their last Championship season.

As for the finances. It's like arguing with a child so I think I won't bother. I'm sure it'll be ok for you
snigger

Combined profits of £50m+ in the last two seasons suggest the club is in a healthy situation does it not?

elgin eagle
16-01-2016, 01:42 AM
I think i preferred it when it disappeared after both defeats inexplicably.

danpalace07
16-01-2016, 01:57 AM

snigger

all of them replica shirt wearing weirdos

eaglejez
16-01-2016, 10:30 AM
Utter nonsense once again.

The club has had 8 seasons in the Premier League at St Mary's. Every single one of those 8 seasons has seen an average of over 30k. Palace have only once averaged over 30k in their entire history and that was in the early 1970's.

In our last Championship season the average was over 26k. In our last League One season the average was circa 22k, even had over 30k for some League One games. Both of those are significantly above what Palace got in their last Championship season.

Combined profits of £50m+ in the last two seasons suggest the club is in a healthy situation does it not?

you sort of miss the point but whatever. Its all about long term sustainability

Nicola C
16-01-2016, 10:36 AM
you sort of miss the point but whatever. Its all about long term sustainability

Can you explain how Southampton's finances aren't sustainable in the long term?

eaglejez
16-01-2016, 10:45 AM

no point. You know what I'm saying

"I'm done with this guy"

Nicola C
16-01-2016, 10:57 AM
no point. You know what I'm saying

I don't, I'd like you to explain how for example you think Palace are fine financially long term and Saints aren't.

old git
16-01-2016, 10:59 AM
I don't, I'd like you to explain how for example you think Palace are fine financially long term and Saints aren't.

And the majority of this board would like you to piss off.Unfortunately we don't always get what we want.

Penstone Eagle
16-01-2016, 11:03 AM
And the majority of this board would like you to piss off.Unfortunately we don't always get what we want.

We need a Bozza type mod on here

old git
16-01-2016, 11:05 AM
We need a Bozza type mod on here

Not too sure about that but he/she should be restricted to the away end like all other non-believers.:D

little al
16-01-2016, 11:05 AM

No one cares, **** off to a Pompey board.

eaglejez
16-01-2016, 11:11 AM

from a risk analysis point of view

1. the new TV money is large but after a year or so clubs like yours and ours (ie no substantial other income) will be lucky to break even since all the money will go to the players with variable profits due to ad hoc player transfer profits

2. The key point is our owners will be around for ever. Yours are pretty mercenary and whatser name isn't that interested. This is a massive massive risk

Might not happen for a few years but you will undoubtably go down and unwind financially

Nicola C
16-01-2016, 11:35 AM
from a risk analysis point of view

1. the new TV money is large but after a year or so clubs like yours and ours (ie no substantial other income) will be lucky to break even since all the money will go to the players with variable profits due to ad hoc player transfer profits

2. The key point is our owners will be around for ever. Yours are pretty mercenary and whatser name isn't that interested. This is a massive massive risk

Might not happen for a few years but you will undoubtably go down and unwind financially[/QUOTE]

Why do you persist with Katharina Liebehrr isn't interested in the club?

Her father died 6 years ago, so has put far more money into the club than he ever did. Under her ownership the club went from League One to the top half of the Premier League and spent over £40m on upgrading the training ground.

If she had no interest she would have sold the club and not put large amounts of cash into it.

She also wouldn't bother regularly flying into the UK and going to both home and away games.

Nicola C
16-01-2016, 11:35 AM
Charlie Austin is signing for £4m. :)

Oh no, the club is a mess. Disaster must be looming!

eaglejez
16-01-2016, 11:38 AM

Might not happen for a few years but you will undoubtably go down and unwind financially

Why do you persist with Katharina Liebehrr isn't interested in the club?

Her father died 6 years ago, so has put far more money into the club than he ever did. Under her ownership the club went from League One to the top half of the Premier League and spent over £40m on upgrading the training ground.

If she had no interest she would have sold the club and not put large amounts of cash into it.

She also wouldn't bother regularly flying into the UK and going to both home and away games.[/QUOTE]

ha ha - whatever. I'm sure you'll be fine

thereichstuff
16-01-2016, 11:38 AM
I thought he'd be on here this morning :rolleyes:

orp pisshead1
17-01-2016, 01:03 AM
That was a short term blip due to the mismanagement by Rupert Lowe. Surely you agree the 3rd tier is below where a club like Saints is likely to be long term? As reality showed, we were there for two seasons, the first being with a points deduction and the second season being part of successive promotions back to the Premier League.

If we look at two generations worth of seasons which is a prolonged period of time.

Time in the top flight in the last 50 years since England won the World Cup...

- Southampton 39 years out of 50
- Crystal Palace 15 years out of 50

Saints also had a 27 year consecutive spell in the top flight, the best Palace have ever managed is 4.

How was Division 3?. Whatever shit you come out with you've visited Divsion 3 recently:lux:.

orp pisshead1
17-01-2016, 01:08 AM

Twitter followers?

Palace - 299,000
Saints - 484,000

Facebook likes?

Palace - 749,000

Oh dear , Southampton = nothing to do so you all go on the Internet , London one of the biggest cities in the world so lots to do/see.

17-01-2016, 09:49 AM

No one thinks Southampton is a mess. They think you are.

No one gives a shit about Southampton. I couldn't care less if you stay up, or get relegated. When the fixture list comes out, no Palace fan looks for Southampton unless they live near you.

Your club is a complete irrelevance to our club. Your attempts at baiting just further cement you, not Southampton football club, as a complete penis.

I know four Saints, all of whom are sound. Christ knows what happened to you, but you're an absolute embarrassment.

CharlieCPFC
17-01-2016, 10:34 AM
Very strange person, imagine racking up all these posts on a Southampton board. Very odd.

SJ'sLoveMonkey
17-01-2016, 10:55 AM

No one gives a shit about Southampton. I couldn't care less if you stay up, or get relegated. When the fixture list comes out, no Palace fan looks for Southampton unless they live near you.

Your club is a complete irrelevance to our club. Your attempts at baiting just further cement you, not Southampton football club, as a complete penis.

I know four Saints, all of whom are sound. Christ knows what happened to you, but you're an absolute embarrassment.

I couldn't disagree more Heb,every Stains fan i have ever met is like this bellend, must be something in the bumpkin water down there

Penstone Eagle
17-01-2016, 11:02 AM
Small town in Portsmouth.

SJ'sLoveMonkey
17-01-2016, 11:11 AM

Industrial Drill

DeanGoodsnake
17-01-2016, 11:12 AM

Last 2 games against Soton 2 wins 2 FA cup exits 2 years running at home to little Palace.
......oh and Joel ward

King William
17-01-2016, 11:26 AM
I couldn't disagree more Heb,every Stains fan i have ever met is like this bellend, must be something in the bumpkin water down there

There are loads down here. I am very selective who I engage in conversation with about Saints

King William
17-01-2016, 11:30 AM

Twitter followers?

Palace - 299,000
Saints - 484,000

Facebook likes?

Palace - 749,000

What on earth does it matter how many Twitter / Facebook fans a club has?

(And for balance I thought it was pointless our Chairman recently boasting we have 1 million followers on Facebook)

Adlerhorst
17-01-2016, 11:36 AM
Palace have 796k likes on facebook. No idea where the 1m is from

LONDONMAN
17-01-2016, 11:48 AM

I would like you to break this signing down for us. How much is Austin getting from the transfer, I reckon your Board have paid him just as much as the fee just to sign him and will be blowing around that or more in wages each year for the next four, by which time he will be in Eastleigh's reserves.

That is around 30 million in all over the contract. Well run club, Southampton!

jobiinthelastmi
17-01-2016, 12:17 PM

He's got no knee :lux:

Phil's Barber
17-01-2016, 12:25 PM
all of them replica shirt wearing weirdos

I've noticed that too. They remind me of Naaaarch. Nothing else to do apart from rummaging around in a relatives underwear I suppose. Backward.

sherrifbart
17-01-2016, 03:08 PM
Nicola sure as hell sounds very like the Pedants who inhabit the NSC.Loves quoting facts and figures,love the attendance comparison by the way,Are we sure he/she isnt a Tarquin in disguise.

Breaking rocks
17-01-2016, 03:23 PM
Nicola sure as hell sounds very like the Pedants who inhabit the NSC.Loves quoting facts and figures,love the attendance comparison by the way,Are we sure he/she isnt a Tarquin in disguise.

You may have something there. It would answer a lot of things.

Olympian2
17-01-2016, 07:07 PM
Very strange person, imagine racking up all these posts on a Southampton board. Very odd.

Indeed so. Averaging over a post every other day FOR FIVE YEARS, banging on about Twitter followers and what an important port it is on multiple threads.

Used to just laugh at him/her but there must be something missing socially.

Oh dear.

17-01-2016, 08:04 PM
He boasted about their plans for a cafeteria once, or some shit.

No one cares.

SJ'sLoveMonkey
17-01-2016, 08:19 PM
He boasted about their plans for a cafeteria once, or some shit.

No one cares.

Probably because he's a **** is my guess

Ash
18-01-2016, 09:22 AM
Is this wurzel still bleating on about strawberries and cider?

Nicola C
14-03-2016, 01:32 PM
Is this wurzel still bleating on about strawberries and cider?

Saints 7th vs Palace 15th is more interesting.

Hard to see Palace overtaking Southampton this season. I stick by my earlier comment that its hard to see many (if any) Palace players in a combined Saints/Palace XI.

Under Liebeherr ownership...

2009/10 - 51st
2010/11 - 46th
2011/12 - 22nd
2012/13 - 14th
2013/14 - 8th
2014/15 - 7th
2015/16 - 7th

Amazing what a well run club, superb scouting and recruitment department and academy can do. Yes, we'll sell players, but the club's solid foundations mean it continues to progress for the better. Foolish to write them off, they very much know what they are doing.

I hope we have a meltdown in the eyes of Palace fans every season!

little al
14-03-2016, 01:39 PM
Piss off wanker.

New LP
14-03-2016, 01:48 PM
I don't care. In fact fair play to Southampton.

Maybe try a Portsmouth board?

Arron
14-03-2016, 01:50 PM
Saints 7th vs Palace 15th is more interesting.

No one gives a f*ck, now piss off you shit-eating, kiddie-fiddling c*nt.

eagle mart
14-03-2016, 01:54 PM
Would love to see all the neg rep comments this fool has. :D

Nicola C
14-03-2016, 02:02 PM
Would love to see all the neg rep comments this fool has. :D

I've had a mix of red & some green comments. Palace fans aren't all aggressive and insulting! :)

Here is a selection...

"Piss off"

"****"

"No humility, typical soton arrogance"

"Just repping you again, no need for away fans to be in the red for having an opinion."

"Nonce"

"2-1!!....mwahahahahahaha!!!!"

"Twat"

"Fair post, I suppose."

"Bugger off you piss-stained nutcase"

"Ignore the idiots please. My Dad's a Saints fan anyway so hope you do well!"

"No one gives a toss about you or your shitty club. Now piss off you nonce."

"That was deserved!! I don't get the Southampton bashing myself"

"Fair play to you for holding your own."

"Knob"

Jim Cannon
14-03-2016, 02:07 PM
I've had a mix of red & some green :) comments. Palace fans aren't all aggressive and insulting.

Here is a selection...

Just added another for you:D

14-03-2016, 02:07 PM
No one cares you tedious feltchard. You're as irrelevant to us as Stoke.

Nicola C
14-03-2016, 02:14 PM
Just added another for you:D

Jim Cannon: "nobody gives a shit about your club"

Well that is nonsense, some Palace fans clearly do care to some degree or they wouldn't keep starting threads about Southampton and posting in them over a prolonged period.

danpalace07
14-03-2016, 02:32 PM
If you pos rep this Nicola C creature, you're a bad nonce. Fact.

eagle mart
14-03-2016, 02:39 PM
It's exactly how I imagined them. :D

Crozzy71
14-03-2016, 03:04 PM

Well that is nonsense, some Palace fans clearly do care to some degree or they wouldn't keep starting threads about Southampton and posting in them over a prolonged period.

Do you really have such a sad, lonely, meaningless little life that you feel the need to keep posting on a Palace fans board ?

There is no history between our clubs, there never will be and we couldn't care less about you either way. You're just kind of 'there' and don't raise a single good or bad feeling.

I pity you.

New LP
14-03-2016, 03:16 PM

You bumped this thread from January. No one has started a thread about Southampton or wished to discuss them in any way for weeks.

Supa Pard
14-03-2016, 03:27 PM
I suppose that its an age thang as I've always hated them since they smashed a 12 year old boy's dreams.

C**ts.

Ash
14-03-2016, 03:38 PM
Oooh ar.

Phil's Barber
14-03-2016, 03:50 PM
Farmer Giles has been on the scrumpy again. No one in London cares about your weird little club from the sticks.

danpalace07
14-03-2016, 03:55 PM
no mark club, they're lucky Pompey exist to give a shit about them

Nicola C
14-03-2016, 04:31 PM
no mark club

Define "no mark"? I'd guess any definition you come up with that Saints would fall into is likely to apply to a lot clubs (including Palace).

they're lucky Pompey exist to give a shit about them

Would that be Pompey the 4th tier club that cheated its way to an FA Cup "win" with players it didn't fully pay for and destroyed itself? They should have had further points deductions for diluting a failed CVA with another CVA but the Football League let them off lightly.

Its unlikely Southampton will play Portsmouth in a league fixture anytime soon (if ever). They just lost 3-0 at home in the 4th tier to Newport County! They are even more laughable than Palace's rivals Charlton and Brighton! :D :p

New LP
14-03-2016, 04:31 PM
Are you a bit special?

Jim Cannon
14-03-2016, 04:44 PM
Define "no mark"? I'd guess any definition you come up with that Saints would fall into is likely to apply to a lot clubs (including Palace).

Would that be Pompey the 4th tier club that cheated its way to an FA Cup "win" with players it didn't fully pay for and destroyed itself? They should have had further points deductions for diluting a failed CVA with another CVA but the Football League let them off lightly.

Its unlikely Southampton will play Portsmouth in a league fixture anytime soon (if ever). They just lost 3-0 at home in the 4th tier to Newport County! They are even more laughable than Palace's rivals Charlton and Brighton! :D :p

Do you enjoy being told to feck off?

Nicola C
14-03-2016, 04:50 PM
Do you enjoy being told to feck off?

As a 46 year old are you unable to cobble together a witty retort or constructive counter argument? Instead its neanderthal primary school playground insults. :rolleyes:

Ash
14-03-2016, 04:53 PM
Fair play to southampton, good team and clearly a well-run club... but if you wouldn't mind jogging on down to your local country inn for a ploughmans, where you can chew the cud over this with another farmer or strawberry picker - who might just give a shit.

Jim Cannon
14-03-2016, 04:55 PM
As a 46 year old are you unable to cobble together a witty retort or constructive counter argument? Instead its neanderthal primary school playground insults. :rolleyes:

You bump your own thread that had no interest in it for ages. Can't you find something better to do, like talk to fans of your own club, or are they bored of your tedious posts too?

Nicola C
14-03-2016, 04:59 PM
You bump your own thread that had no interest in it for ages. Can't you find something better to do, like talk to fans of your own club, or are they bored of your tedious posts too?

I didn't start the thread, its was always burning since the forums been turning. Though I didn't start it, I tried to fight it.

14-03-2016, 05:16 PM
Define "no mark"?

Of no interest to us, or anyone but Portsmouth, you tedious dullard.

We don't care if you finish above us. We don't care if you finish below us. We don't care who your owners are or about your new club shop.

You are an irrelevance.

Nicola C
14-03-2016, 05:29 PM
Of no interest to us, or anyone but Portsmouth, you tedious dullard.

I think you'll find Bournemouth view us as their big "rivals". Its largely one-way though. :p :cool:

eaglejez
14-03-2016, 05:35 PM
Going to be in trouble financially soon

14-03-2016, 05:37 PM
I think you'll find Bournemouth view us as their big "rivals". Its largely one-way though. :p :cool:

I wouldn't "find", since I couldn't give a shit. Go bother them you tedious bell.

Maiden Eagle
14-03-2016, 05:46 PM
I stick by my earlier comment that its hard to see many (if any) Palace players in a combined Saints/Palace XI.

OK, that's why we have beaten your lot TWICE this season.

Enjoy the FA Cup draw tonight.

Nicola C
14-03-2016, 05:48 PM

Where have you plucked that out of the air from?

The last two sets of accounts...

2013/14 - £33.4m profit
2014/15 - £12m profit

2015/16 - is likely to be another decent profit

Looks pretty healthy to me ahead of next season's big new TV deal.

danpalace07
14-03-2016, 05:48 PM

how so?

Nicola C
14-03-2016, 05:52 PM
I stick by my earlier comment that its hard to see many (if any) Palace players in a combined Saints/Palace XI.

OK, that's why we have beaten your lot TWICE this season.

Enjoy the FA Cup draw tonight.

League performance over a 38 game league season is far more indicative of a squad's quality than one off games in a cup or Premier League games in isolation. Look at the season as a whole so far and saints have outperformed Palace again, as the table shows.

There is a reason Saints are 7th after 30 games and Palace are 15th... a stronger first XI and more depth to the squad. Took a while for van Dijk, Clasie, Cedric to settle in but now they have and Saints have pulled away from Palace. Also the recent return of a quality keeper like Forster makes a difference and the club has the 3rd best defensive record in the league this season (was 2nd best last season, so it is consistently good).

danpalace07
14-03-2016, 05:54 PM

no mark = no one gives a shit about you. You're boring, unremarkable etc. You play dull hoofball (noticed a few of your less mental fans comment on this) and you sell any decent player you find. Palace are anything but, we've made an impact on the league since going up for sure with the Pulis miracle and all the giantkillings. Even when we're shit, we reach the FA Cup semi-final (cheers for the annual win btw!). We might have a smaller ground and a shit training ground but at least we're not Boring Southampton.

say what you want about Pompey but their fans didn't deserve any of what happened to them and there's much more to like about them than your support.

Maiden Eagle
14-03-2016, 06:07 PM
They are even more laughable than Palace's rivals Charlton and Brighton! :D :p

Another one who doesn't understand the Palace/Brighton rivalry.

I've always tried to be reasonably polite with you but the others are right - You really are a tedious bellend !

Why don't you now produce endless stats to Leicester1 to justify that there would be mainly Saints players in a Leicester/Soton team !!.....On second thoughts, don't bother:clown:

Nicola C
14-03-2016, 06:09 PM
no mark = no one gives a shit about you.

As I said... if you say that about Saints I'd imagine a lot of football fans feel the same towards Palace and many other clubs.

You're boring, unremarkable etc. You play dull hoofball

That is just nonsense.

and you sell any decent player you find.

So what? None of our star players since 2009 have gone to any club other than Arsenal, Liverpool or Man Utd.

I'd be worried if we didn't have players clubs like that wanted as that would indicate a drop in quality.

If Palace had players like Lallana, Shaw, Chambers, Oxlade-Cahmaberlain, Bale, Walcott etc do you honestly think you would keep them long term?

Palace are anything but, we've made an impact on the league since going up for sure with the Pulis miracle and all the giantkillings. Even when we're shit, we reach the FA Cup semi-final (cheers for the annual win btw!).

Since getting back to the Premier League Saints have come...

- 14th
- 8th
- 7th
- and are currently 7th again

How have Palace made a bigger impact than that?

We might have a smaller ground and a shit training ground but at least we're not Boring Southampton.

I struggle to see how a 15th place season is better and more entertaining than a team in 7th.

say what you want about Pompey but their fans didn't deserve any of what happened to them

Their fans lauded it when they were living their unsustainable FA Cup win and European campaign with players they didn't ever fully pay for.

You've been taken in by the media myths about them.

there's much more to like about them than your support.

Apart from a petty insult to me, what can you come up with as to why they are more likeable?

Nicola C
14-03-2016, 06:15 PM
Why don't you now produce endless stats to Leicester1 to justify that there would be mainly Saints players in a Leicester/Soton team !!.....On second thoughts, don't bother:clown:

For as well as Leicester have done, them being top doesn't mean they have the best players.

I doubt you really think a Chelsea/Leicester or Arsenal/Leicester team would have more Leicester players than Chelsea or Arsenal

Mahrez, Vardy and Kante of course I'd love to have.

But would for example I want...

- Morgan or Huth over Fonte and van Dijk. No.
- Schmeichel over Forster. No.
- Fuchs over Bertrand. No
- Simpson over Cedric. No

Leicester clicked well from day one, have a handful of great players and others that work well in a system and very few injury problems to key players. There are better squads in the league but this season everything fell into place for Leicester.

Maiden Eagle
14-03-2016, 06:20 PM
For as well as Leicester have done, them being top doesn't mean they have the best players.

I doubt you really think a Chelsea/Leicester or Arsenal/Leicester team would have more Leicester players than Chelsea or Arsenal

Mahrez, Vardy and Kante of course I'd love to have.

But would for example I want...

- Morgan or Huth over Fonte and van Dijk. No.
- Schmeichel over Forster. No.
- Fuchs over Bertrand. No
- Simpson over Cedric. No

Leicester clicked well from day one, have a handful of great players and others that work well in a system and very few injury problems to key players. There are better squads in the league but this season everything fell into place for Leicester.

You are entitled to your opinion, but I find the above unbelievable !!!

Nicola C
14-03-2016, 06:21 PM
You are entitled to your opinion, but I find the above unbelievable !!!

You think its odd a fan of a team that had the 2nd best defensive record in 2014/15 and the 3rd best in 2015/16 wouldn't want any Leicester defenders or keeper in a combined XI? Saints have shown defensive strength as one of the best for 3 Premier League seasons in a row now, much longer than Leicester have.

If Vardy, Mahrez and Kante had all been injured for a few months Leicester wouldn't be anywhere near top. They have been very lucky with injuries all season, particularly keeping those three on the pitch. They don't have the depth to deal without them.

Do you really honestly think Leicester have a better starting XI than all 19 other Premier League teams?

Maiden Eagle
14-03-2016, 06:37 PM
You think its odd a fan of a team that had the 2nd best defensive record in 2014/15 and the 3rd best in 2015/16 wouldn't want any Leicester defenders or keeper in a combined XI? Saints have shown defensive strength as one of the best for 3 Premier League seasons in a row now, much longer than Leicester have.

If Vardy, Mahrez and Kante had all been injured for a few months Leicester wouldn't be anywhere near top. They have been very lucky with injuries all season, particularly keeping those three on the pitch. They don't have the depth to deal without them.

Do you really honestly think Leicester have a better starting XI than all 19 other Premier League teams?

Let's not base it on this season then - Why don't you just produce a historic combined team since the stone age - You can include Le Tissier, Channon, Keegan..........

Phil's Barber
14-03-2016, 06:39 PM
So with Farmer Giles help we have established that Southaaaampton are miles better than Palace because the table doesn't lie. We have also established that they are miles better than Leicester because Southaaaampton have better players.

14-03-2016, 06:40 PM
how so?

More importantly, who cares? No one. Because Southampton being rich or Southampton being poor, they're still an utter irrelevance.

eagle mart
14-03-2016, 06:41 PM
You are the medusa of the Internet and reading your posts makes my eyes bleed. It's repetitive blurb, and nothing but blind propaganda. If there is a negative comment anywhere on the Internet you'll be there to set the record straight. Grim.

eagle mart
14-03-2016, 06:42 PM
No offense, Heb :D

danpalace07
14-03-2016, 06:43 PM
Anyone know who Saints have got in the semi's?

SJ'sLoveMonkey
14-03-2016, 06:57 PM
More importantly, who cares? No one. Because Southampton being rich or Southampton being poor, they're still an utter irrelevance.

Which I why I don't understand what pleasure this bloke/woman gets by coming on here and giving it. Southampton are in the same category as a whole host of clubs who myself personally and I would hazard a guess most Palace fans couldn't give a toss about.

Strange individual

SJ'sLoveMonkey
14-03-2016, 06:58 PM
It might as well be a Norwich or Bournemouth fan on here spouting off

Maiden Eagle
15-03-2016, 07:09 AM
Which I why I don't understand what pleasure this bloke/woman gets by coming on here and giving it. Southampton are in the same category as a whole host of clubs who myself personally and I would hazard a guess most Palace fans couldn't give a toss about.

Strange individual

I should imagine ATM, Nicola C is trying to work some stats to justify the inclusion of Shane Long ahead of Messi, in a combined Barca/Saints team.

Golf Boy
15-03-2016, 07:37 AM
So with Farmer Giles help we have established that Southaaaampton are miles better than Palace because the table doesn't lie. We have also established that they are miles better than Leicester because Southaaaampton have better players.

That's what i was thinking. Clownage in the first degree.

Olympian2
15-03-2016, 07:37 AM

:lux::lux::lux::lux:

He/she's unbelievable, eh? To be fair, he/she's a reasonably good WUM. Me and FG had a little debate about Wilf and Mane a while back but since Mane's gone completely off the boil, he/she hasn't responded. Funny that.

:clown::clown::clown:

Golf Boy
15-03-2016, 07:43 AM
Is our friend from the south saying Dann, Cabaye, Bolasie and Wilf wouldn't get in Southamptons team?

15-03-2016, 08:12 AM
Is our friend from the south saying Dann, Cabaye, Bolasie and Wilf wouldn't get in Southamptons team?

Not only do I not know, I couldn't actually say. I've no idea who is in Southampton's team and couldn't care less. I'm sure if I saw the list if recognise a name or two, but off the top of my head I can't name any saints players except Fonte.

Because they're an irrelevance to me.

New LP
15-03-2016, 09:05 AM

Do you not understand the irony of this post, given your behaviour on here?

Golf Boy
15-03-2016, 11:05 AM
Not only do I not know, I couldn't actually say. I've no idea who is in Southampton's team and couldn't care less. I'm sure if I saw the list if recognise a name or two, but off the top of my head I can't name any saints players except Fonte.

Because they're an irrelevance to me.

Tbh you post a lot on this thread. If you really were indifferent....

Selhurst Celtic
15-03-2016, 11:07 AM

Don't ask the boring robot questions, you only encourage it.

Del Fenner
15-03-2016, 11:34 AM
You are the medusa of the Internet

:lux:

Maiden Eagle
04-04-2016, 04:32 PM

Astonishing !! Despite the fact (spouted by Nicola C) that only 2 or 3 Leicester players might just sneak into a combined Saints/Leics team (if they were lucky), Leicester actually beat Soton yesterday - How an earth did they do that !!??

davech
04-04-2016, 05:58 PM
Astonishing !! Despite the fact (spouted by Nicola C) that only 2 or 3 Leicester players might just sneak into a combined Saints/Leics team (if they were lucky), Leicester actually beat Soton yesterday - How an earth did they do that !!??

Two stonewall penalties turned down :p

New LP
04-04-2016, 10:51 PM
Why are people mocking someone with such clear mental illness?

We should extend the hand of sympathy to him/her!

Nicola C
01-05-2016, 06:35 PM

Yes

jjeagle
01-05-2016, 06:41 PM
Yes

Nice to see you back, when you win. Now **** off you sad ****wit.

Golf Boy
02-05-2016, 09:07 AM
Yes

That is bollox. Dann is better than Fonte. I also fail to see how Cabaye wouldn't find a place in Southamptons midfield.

Unless Southampton play without wingers then i can't see how Bolasie wouldn't feature. Until Bolasie got injured we were top 4/5 until Xmas.

It also shows how paper thin we are as a squad.

Golf Boy
02-05-2016, 09:08 AM
Nice to see you back, when you win. Now **** off you sad ****wit.

In fairness it was a Man city C team. Anyone who even might feature on wednesday would have been instructed to hold back on effort.

Phil's Barber
02-05-2016, 09:34 AM
Yes

A good result for the pig farmers. Well done.