PDA

View Full Version : On This Day - 4th November 1972

Glaws Eagle
04-11-2015, 03:51 AM
43 years ago today.

Very special memories for me.

"Don Rogers makes his debut for Crystal Palace after signing from Swindon Town and scores in the 1-0 defeat of Everton".

Remember what I was doing that afternoon ..... as a 12 year old, playing in goal for corinium rovers away at ampney crucis ...... radio by the goalpost.

And watching the goal on MOTD later

DARZET EAGLE
04-11-2015, 11:19 AM
43 years ago today.

"Don Rogers makes his debut for Crystal Palace after signing from Swindon Town and scores in the 1-0 defeat of Everton".

Remember what I was doing that afternoon ..... as a 12 year old, playing in goal for corinium rovers away at ampney crucis ...... radio by the goalpost.

Lovely memories, he was a very special player. Swindon were producing loads of hot prospects at the time, including Bobby Woodruffe and Ernie Hunt (who can forget his amazing party piece - flicking the ball up taking a free kick and smashing ashot at goal)

Nugg
04-11-2015, 12:48 PM
43 years ago today.

Dave

3 questions fella.

How's things?

Have you not got help for this Ron Dogers thing yet?

And.. WTF are you doing posting at 4.00 am?

BTW I saw it live!

Best

Glaws Eagle
04-11-2015, 01:31 PM
Hello Neil ... you and family ok?

Actually ... I had forgotten mate, but the "on this day" thread by Red & Blue Army reminded me yesterday.

I just e-mailed Don ... thanking him for a 43 year long roller coaster ride of sorrow & pleasure.

Was awake at 4 ... bloody dogs ....

Check your PM

Nugg
04-11-2015, 03:28 PM
Hello Neil ... you and family ok?

Actually ... I had forgotten mate, but the "on this day" thread by Red & Blue Army reminded me yesterday.

I just e-mailed Don ... thanking him for a 43 year long roller coaster ride of sorrow & pleasure.

Was awake at 4 ... bloody dogs ....

Check your PM

Thanks mate. Info duly noted.