PDA

View Full Version : WADA recommends suspension of Russia from Athletics

swissroll
09-11-2015, 02:42 PM
Russia should be suspended from athletics competition, a World Anti-Doping Agency (Wada) commission report has recommended.

In addition, it (WADA) states the London 2012 Olympics were "sabotaged" by the "widespread inaction" against Russian athletes with suspicious doping profiles by the IAAF and the Russian athletics federation.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/athletics/34765444

CT_Palace
09-11-2015, 03:40 PM
Tip of the iceberg?

How many other athletes are going under the radar?

Les Butler
09-11-2015, 03:43 PM
Bloody Russians !!!

CT_Palace
09-11-2015, 03:50 PM
Bloody Russians !!!

How long before elgin shows up :D

Adlerhorst
09-11-2015, 03:58 PM
Tip of the iceberg?

How many other athletes are going under the radar?Some very fishy stuff going on with Kenya

Pistol Knight
09-11-2015, 04:03 PM
Wheres Elgin.......................

Vendy
09-11-2015, 05:03 PM
Bet it happens in all sports especially Football

civil eagle
09-11-2015, 05:20 PM
Elgin, I presume that this is another conspiracy and this has been carried out by Ukrainian fascists.

Seriously though I'm not that surprised, it's been proved and acknowledge that cheating was endemic in the old Soviet era in both the USSR and it's statalite states so the fact they continued to do this into the modern era.

The whole of athletics is implicated in this as is everyone in senior positions in it's organising bodies. Coe must have known about this and should stand down

Adlerhorst
09-11-2015, 06:02 PM
Here's the report in full. It is rather damning

https://wada-main-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/resources/files/wada_independent_commission_report_1_en.pdf

Heb 7:4
09-11-2015, 06:52 PM
Damning indeed.

Nicebitofgreen
09-11-2015, 07:17 PM
But is anyone surprised? Athletics and cycling have long been on my ignore list due to what seems to be the extensive use of PEDs. And sadly we're most likely beyond the point where it can be fixed. There should be zero tolerance (lifetime competitive bans) and things might get back to the post where talented kids don't get forced into doing sh1t like this.

Nicebitofgreen
09-11-2015, 07:17 PM
Point, not post.

Skin Up
09-11-2015, 11:21 PM
Normally I'd be worried about the next World Cup but going by their dismal performance in Brazil they must have run out of drugs for the footballers.

JAS78
10-11-2015, 12:15 AM
The Russians will obviously twist this into more 'us v the west' political points scoring, afterall the new president of the IAAF is english

Has to be a conspiracy

unsensibleLiam
10-11-2015, 01:44 AM
I HATE SEBASTIAN COE

oz_da II
10-11-2015, 06:08 AM
Tip of the iceberg?

How many other athletes are going under the radar?

WADA are preparing to whack an Aussie Rules Football Club down here (Essendon). It's been an absolute shambles with no one except one man knowing what the players were injected with and he's not talking. The whole episode has been going on for well over two years now with no real end in sight. An AFL investigation cleared the players but WADA didn't like that, they are still preparing their case, I believe.

Very messy!

spt1978
10-11-2015, 08:42 AM
Old soviet practice still going strong then.

ebyeeckeagle
10-11-2015, 08:51 AM
WADA are preparing to whack an Aussie Rules Football Club down here (Essendon). It's been an absolute shambles with no one except one man knowing what the players were injected with and he's not talking. The whole episode has been going on for well over two years now with no real end in sight. An AFL investigation cleared the players but WADA didn't like that, they are still preparing their case, I believe.

Very messy!

I've been reading about that. Looks like systematic abuse across the club.

Quite apart from athletics (hello China), how about the changing shape, quite literally, in rugby. US sports, we know about baseball and would be no surprise in their grid iron stuff. Football is the most interesting. Lots of stories in Italy about club wide cover ups, and it can't just be them.

Perhaps track and field is a victim of it's own testing regime, far more extensive it seems than other sports?

Halftime Gold
10-11-2015, 09:01 AM
I've been reading about that. Looks like systematic abuse across the club.

Quite apart from athletics (hello China), how about the changing shape, quite literally, in rugby. US sports, we know about baseball and would be no surprise in their grid iron stuff. Football is the most interesting. Lots of stories in Italy about club wide cover ups, and it can't just be them.

Perhaps track and field is a victim of it's own testing regime, far more extensive it seems than other sports?

Compared to Football I would say its also a victim of being a naturally more "physical" sport so footballers failing a PED test might be looked down on but wouldn't taint their achievements to the same degree in most peoples eyes.

Ruskin Old Boy
10-11-2015, 05:52 PM
No surprises in the Russian response

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-34773534

Adlerhorst
11-11-2015, 05:27 PM
No surprises in the Russian response

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-34773534It's all a bit chaotic now.

Today they are admitting it is a problem (Butov), but it is Britain's fault (Mutko).

oz_da II
11-01-2016, 10:52 PM

Very messy!

All Essendon FC players involved in this injection program have just received 12 month bans.

WHACK!!!

ebyeeckeagle
11-01-2016, 11:05 PM
All Essendon FC players involved in this injection program have just received 12 month bans.

WHACK!!!

A dozen players on their current list. Blimey.

Can they loan players or will they have to use their youth and any spectators with a kit?

oz_da II
11-01-2016, 11:16 PM
A dozen players on their current list. Blimey.

Can they loan players or will they have to use their youth and any spectators with a kit?

No loan system in this league.

I'd imagine the league will allow the club to fill their roster with players from state and country leagues, they did a similar thing last season when the players were temporarily not allowed to play during pre-season.

Five players who have moved on to other clubs have been banned as well. Two of which have yet to play a game for their new clubs, signed contracts this season. Clubs knew the risk.

The Wee Red
11-01-2016, 11:57 PM
Even by our stellar standards, the St Kilda trade for Jake Carlisle is a classic. First, the Charlie and now a 12 month ban ...

Epping-eagle
12-01-2016, 04:13 AM
Yeah they can bring in players to top up their list. Watching the press conferences this arvo has been brilliant. The victim mentality from these morons is laughable. Got everything they deserved