PDA

View Full Version : Gabor hits 100

Owngoal
12-11-2015, 02:39 PM
Gabor Kiraly to play his 100th game for Hungary against Norway tonight (play offs and live on Sky). Good luck to one of our most colourful characters who did a good job and who will soon be 40.

Queequeg
12-11-2015, 03:11 PM
More caps than Ferenc Puskas. Congratulations and all that but it's symptomatic of international football's relentless dumbing down.

Steamy
12-11-2015, 03:19 PM
More caps than Ferenc Puskas. Congratulations and all that but it's symptomatic of international football's relentless dumbing down.

Puskas could have played more games for Hungary, it was nothing to do with football, but his need to leave the country in the wake of the Hungarian Revolution.

And Kiraly reaching 100 caps is down to being a goalkeeper and thus having an extended career. Not sure it has anything to do with dumbing down.

Owngoal
12-11-2015, 04:19 PM
Puskas could have played more games for Hungary, it was nothing to do with football, but his need to leave the country in the wake of the Hungarian Revolution.

And Kiraly reaching 100 caps is down to being a goalkeeper and thus having an extended career. Not sure it has anything to do with dumbing down.

Is the correct answer - he is the best Hungarian keeper with a very long career
WTF Puskas has to do with Gabor reaching 100 games I don't know. He was the top rated keeper in Germany before he came to us if I recall. No matter what the country, it is a very difficult milestone to reach

kiralyspyjamas
12-11-2015, 04:22 PM
Congrats Gabor!

DARZET EAGLE
12-11-2015, 06:02 PM
Still wearing the track suit bottoms??

Tom's Old Man
12-11-2015, 06:09 PM
Is the correct answer - he is the best Hungarian keeper with a very long career
WTF Puskas has to do with Gabor reaching 100 games I don't know. He was the top rated keeper in Germany before he came to us if I recall. No matter what the country, it is a very difficult milestone to reach
And he was a very good signing for Palace :lux:

Nagyon NBL
12-11-2015, 06:28 PM
Congratulations :) Quite a few Hungarians are a little worried about him : dropped a few clangers against Greece! Hope he has a good game with a little help from the "Angol biro" :)

Owngoal
12-11-2015, 09:39 PM
Congrats on a 0-1 win and a clean sheet for Gabor!

Chillo
12-11-2015, 11:18 PM
Congrats Gabor; but the Hungarians rode their luck at times!