PDA

View Full Version : McAnuffed!!! 10 years ago today :-)

Ismale
20-11-2015, 10:23 AM
10 Years Ago today since 'Jobi in the last minute' :lux:

On our last ever visit to a 'proper' (Lol :D) Stadium in B******* before the Wonky Wearhouse full of Quentin's & Tarquins was built the Weed played in a ramshackle Athletics 'Stadium' known as the 'Theatre Of Tree's' according to the Weeds,No doubt taking inspiration from their PL 'team' :rolleyes: See even their 'hardcore' fans followed 2 teams even then! :eek:

Anyhow we fell behind twice,both goals scored by their diminutive ex Chelsea twat striker Leon Knight before Freedman's 100th & 101st goals for us levelled matters at 1-1 then 2-2 but the coup de grace was saved until the 90th minute when the ball fell to Jobi McAnuff who fired in a shot from just outside the area through a crowd of players to win it at the death in front of the jubilant Palace Fans :lux:

It was an early afternoon KO,live on SKY & unfortunately,due to Ill Health I wasn't present so had to make do with watching it on TV,So,any memories or tales from that particular day from people who were there that day to remind us??? :p

cpfc4evandeva
20-11-2015, 10:29 AM
When you look at what we have done to them in the last 15 years, it's no surprise that they are such a bunch of melts.

5-0
2-3
Murray
1-3
0-2

Sp1Eagle
20-11-2015, 10:29 AM
XYXzMjz676U

maestro
20-11-2015, 10:35 AM
lol and Brighton defender header on 4 secs, he nearly heads the ground.

Selhurst Celtic
20-11-2015, 10:48 AM
You ask for memories, Ismale. I posted this on a different thread:

A last minute winner is always funny especially against your rivals, but the away end at that ground made you feel so detached from the game. The running track invasion was pretty funny, and Freedman hit his century of Palace goals in this match I think. Less funny was the old bill nicking teenagers as we tried to leave as they didn't fancy taking on the adults that spilled onto the track. And that wobbly shit stand was a joke effort too. At one point in the second half I sat down and stretched my legs out, it felt like a pre season match against some lower league outfit.

The highlight, apart from our goals, was the ballboy who caught a ball then ran backwards and stacked it. Summed up Brighton that day really. Oh, and Jordan's purple suit was a bit lively too. He was on the main road just past that bridge leading away from the ground afterwards.

no comment
20-11-2015, 03:06 PM
I remember one of their guys hacking someone down, pretending to be injured and being shown a second yellow card while lying in a heap just off the edge of the pitch.

I also agree with the above - their penalty down the other end was so far away that most of us thought Gabor had saved it at first (he dived the right way, to be fair).

It was certainly a game of moments!

StevePlus
20-11-2015, 04:06 PM
I remember one of their guys hacking someone down, pretending to be injured and being shown a second yellow card while lying in a heap just off the edge of the pitch.

I also agree with the above - their penalty down the other end was so far away that most of us thought Gabor had saved it at first (he dived the right way, to be fair).

And the someone hacked down was the great Wayne Andrews!

TheMexicanHorse
20-11-2015, 07:22 PM
great day out.

remember trains were terminated short of Brighton that day so we had to get bused in from haywards heath.

Thanks for the youtube vid, just spotted myself bundling down the front.

happy days folks

BlazeRIP
20-11-2015, 08:01 PM
If you can't do the bouncy you've got aids...

Selhurst Celtic
20-11-2015, 09:11 PM
If you can't do the bouncy you've got aids...

I was right next to that bloke, down at the front of that poxy stand. 90 minutes of rabid anti Brighton abuse.

I cannot comment on whether or not either of us ended up on the running track after the late winner.

cpfc4evandeva
20-11-2015, 09:43 PM
I honestly thought that the stand was going to collapse under the bouncy song.

I usually love small pokey grounds but that place was totally shit.

Langers
20-11-2015, 10:27 PM
Gabor running the length of the pitch to join in - legend :lux:

Riccardo
26-11-2015, 03:20 PM
The highlight, apart from our goals, was the ballboy who caught a ball then ran backwards and stacked it.

I forgot about that. What a great day.

Riccardo
26-11-2015, 03:22 PM
Gabor running the length of the pitch to join in - legend :lux:

I didn't even see that at the time. What a fella.

SeanPalace84
26-11-2015, 03:30 PM
What a day, brilliant!

stevek
26-11-2015, 03:34 PM
in front of the jubilant Palace Fans :lux:

'In front' as in 'bloody miles away from'.

RDSdaEAGLE
26-11-2015, 03:46 PM

Ian Hart. A ratty little character.

I think, if memory serves me correctly, that he ended up with a broken rib as a result of the tackle from Wayne Andrews. Richly deserved, too. :D