Unbelievable

I hope he went home with a broken lap

eaglejez
30-01-2016, 06:03 PM
maybe he was a Burnley fan ?

in-exile
30-01-2016, 06:04 PM
So called palace fan watching Arsenal on his laptop
UnbelievableChecking out our FA final opposition?

PT109
30-01-2016, 06:21 PM
Unbelievable

Mate surely you need to change the thread title to reflect the singular rather than the plural.

Unless of course there were loads of lads on their laptops tracking the Burnley match.

Shamone
30-01-2016, 06:36 PM
How do you know he was a Palace fan?

JDawg
30-01-2016, 06:37 PM
Tell me. How easy is a laptop to remove, particularly if opened once inserted?

cantspell
30-01-2016, 06:40 PM
Surprised he managed to get a connection in the ground as coverage is awful

orp pisshead1
30-01-2016, 06:49 PM
Surprised he managed to get a connection in the ground as coverage is awful

:D

orp pisshead1
30-01-2016, 06:50 PM
Unbelievable

Couldn't you have spilt a drink over the laptop? Or shut his ******* fingers in it then thrown it job done:p.

Andy in Rome
30-01-2016, 06:55 PM
Again loads of people in Blocks E & F of the LH leaving with over 5 mins to go. Didn't recognise most of them, so perhaps they were football tourists.

On an allied point - there were a whole mob of French lads milling around in the LH concourse before the game - anyone know what the story was with those guys?

Aaroncpfc
30-01-2016, 06:57 PM

Unbelievable

Type of wankers we now attract in The Premier League. Hopefully Fulham get promoted again so you can have a beer and a piss before the second half starts again.

HOVE EAGLE
30-01-2016, 07:00 PM
Mate surely you need to change the thread title to reflect the singular rather than the plural.

Unless of course there were loads of lads on their laptops tracking the Burnley match.

A reply like this is is one of the reasons why I dont post on the bbs very much

Robson
30-01-2016, 07:11 PM
Many season tickets don't go, it's an opportunity for others who don't have STs or those ordinarily put off by the price to go. Of course, if the club decided to include some cup games in STs attendances might improve at them...

SeanPalace84
30-01-2016, 07:13 PM
What a wanker. Anyone say anything?

Swoonara
30-01-2016, 07:53 PM
Again loads of people in Blocks E & F of the LH leaving with over 5 mins to go. Didn't recognise most of them, so perhaps they were football tourists.

On an allied point - there were a whole mob of French lads milling around in the LH concourse before the game - anyone know what the story was with those guys?

There was a lot of French guys at the Tottenham game as well

Palace121
30-01-2016, 07:53 PM
Many season tickets don't go, it's an opportunity for others who don't have STs or those ordinarily put off by the price to go. Of course, if the club decided to include some cup games in STs attendances might improve at them...

Perhaps, but 15 a ticket is decent and should hardly put people off.

Palace121
30-01-2016, 07:55 PM
I got a couple of friends tickets today so waited until the season tickets seats became available. I was surprised how much choice there was.

Breaking rocks
30-01-2016, 07:56 PM

Ignore it.

Robson
30-01-2016, 07:56 PM

It would appear that many people think 15 is too much, some I would think believe paying yet more on top of 500 for a season ticket isn't really on, and I agree. Something for the club to consider in future when it's receiving the sort of TV money that makes attendance money a trifling percentage of income.

SOUTHGATE EAGLE
30-01-2016, 07:58 PM

They love Cabaye, just like we do.

SeanPalace84
30-01-2016, 07:59 PM

It's annoying isn't it? Hope my grammar was okay then :D

Dorking .Eagle
30-01-2016, 08:42 PM
It would appear that many people think 15 is too much, some I would think believe paying yet more on top of 500 for a season ticket isn't really on, and I agree. Something for the club to consider in future when it's receiving the sort of TV money that makes attendance money a trifling percentage of income.

There is a minimum price of 10 for rounds 1-6.

Even at 15, take off VAT, Stoke's share and the bit that goes to the FA, and Palace receive a whopping 5.62 (possibly less if 'expenses' such as stewarding are deducted before the residue is shared)

Cleon
30-01-2016, 08:52 PM
I'm a season ticket holder (and have been for many years) and I didn't go today despite the great prices. Main reason is that I live a couple of hours away, so it's a whole day commitment and I get enough grief from the missus about doing one to the football every other week to leave her with either 2 or 3 children depending on whether or not I take one of them.

RCUK
30-01-2016, 08:58 PM
Was nice to see that a lot of season ticket holders around me were in their seats today.

Best bit for me tho was seeing so many young kids taken to the game today ... Palace need to get them whilst their young so their wearing palace shirt and not chelsea.

SeanPalace84
30-01-2016, 08:59 PM
Was nice to see that a lot of season ticket holders around me were in their seats today.

Best bit for me tho was seeing so many young kids taken to the game today ... Palace need to get them whilst their young so their wearing palace shirt and not chelsea.

I had my 4 kids in Palace shirts today and they loved it, they will NEVER mention Chelsea :veryangry

A Wooden Fish On Wheels
30-01-2016, 09:01 PM
Palace Fans Today... a bloke was looking at a laptop... But blame it all on the grammar police! It's them wots gon maaaad!

Yoda
30-01-2016, 09:04 PM

I go with a group who have STs.

I can confirm cost wasn't a factor at all for the 3 who didn't come today. Their reasons were:-

1) was on a holiday booked months ago (he tries to avoid being away on league home matches)

2) had a work commitment

3) is unwell.

The rest of us came and we bought two of the 3 seats that our mates normally use for fans who can't usually attend.

15 was v fair.

Dorking .Eagle
30-01-2016, 09:08 PM
You can bet if we draw Man United away in the next round, tickets will be 40+, as United automatically take the money for home cup games from all their season ticket holders.

So here's hoping it's a home game against a FL team!

CharlieCPFC
30-01-2016, 09:27 PM
I quite enjoyed today, less of a queue for a beer and easier to have a piss. Very reminiscent of the championship days.

adrenalin john
30-01-2016, 09:38 PM
We took the opportunity to change from our regular season ticket seats to sit somewhere new

pots1970
30-01-2016, 09:59 PM
I am a ST in the lower Holmesdale, but moved to the Arthur today as I took my dad, was a really good atmosphere, plenty of newbies near me and loads of kids, good to see.

RobertCPFC
30-01-2016, 10:03 PM
Went in Block B lower holmesdale today (normally in Block E). Really enjoyed it, will be back there for the next home cup game. Not sure it would do my throat any good to be there every game!

spotkick
30-01-2016, 10:24 PM
Good atmosphere and a lot of younger faces, families joining in with the songs and clapping. Welcome anytime.

civil eagle
30-01-2016, 10:37 PM

Felt that the normal fire drill in the upper tier wasn't as significant today as normal

palace_burger
30-01-2016, 10:51 PM
Unbelievable

To be fair on FA cup day their are only a couple of games shown live that can be streamed

Would be have been watch the palace match inc replays if it were a premier league game when every match is available to stream?

Slightly odd to watch any match whilst at the game. That said I've watched tv replays on the jumbotron, whilst at the cricket, Grand Prix, Rugby, Ice Hockey etc etc

Silks&Tekkers
30-01-2016, 11:00 PM
Didn't think and my usual seat had been taken. Hope you enjoyed it today whoever took it but Block B row 29 is mine.

alf
30-01-2016, 11:13 PM
Didn't think and my usual seat had been taken. Hope you enjoyed it today whoever took it but Block B row 29 is mine.

Heck, that's a lot of seats :)

A Wooden Fish On Wheels
31-01-2016, 12:08 AM
You fat bastRd!

cranesparkeagle
31-01-2016, 12:49 AM

How wiiide do you want your seat
Repeat etc

danpalace07
31-01-2016, 01:48 AM
nice to hear some noise from the Arthur, missed it this season. Enjoyed today more than pretty much any home game apart from Charlton this season

SeanPalace84
31-01-2016, 08:01 AM
nice to hear some noise from the Arthur, missed it this season. Enjoyed today more than pretty much any home game apart from Charlton this season

Both games were really enjoyable! Some good noise yesterday overall, even the main stand sang along on one song. Shame the stand up if you love Palace doesn't work like it did years back, some miserable bastards now :D

cheekychippie
31-01-2016, 08:31 AM
not many regulars around me in lower Holmesdale , but nice to see people who don't usually go, were with there young kids screaming eagles eagles .

Cube72
31-01-2016, 08:34 AM
nice to hear some noise from the Arthur, missed it this season.

Just shows how different everyone's perspective of the crowd noise is. I sit in the AW and I felt it was the quietest it's been all season with lots of different faces in my block yesterday.

old git
31-01-2016, 08:35 AM
We moved to block B in the old stand where a mate sits.
Never again.

For Paranoias
31-01-2016, 08:42 AM
What a wanker. Anyone say anything?

Yes. They post an outraged comment on a messageboard.

TheMexicanHorse
31-01-2016, 08:43 AM
Just shows how different everyone's perspective of the crowd noise is. I sit in the AW and I felt it was the quietest it's been all season with lots of different faces in my block yesterday.

I honesty feel it was a bit flat all round yesterday , but my mates in block b said it was one of the better atmospheres all season !

BERT'S HEAD
31-01-2016, 08:48 AM
I was in V block and the stewards sure earned their money trying to calm down a few dozen moronic Stoke fans, including women who wanted to kick off the entire game.

New LP
31-01-2016, 08:48 AM

Yes, they should let us all in for free and give us free ale and pies when we get there.

SeanPalace84
31-01-2016, 08:49 AM
I was in V block and the stewards sure earned their money trying to calm down a few dozen moronic Stoke fans, including women who wanted to kick off the entire game.

Bless them, Stoke fans aren't the brightest.

SeanPalace84
31-01-2016, 08:51 AM
Yes, they should let us all in for free and give us free ale and pies when we get there.

:D can't believe people think you shouldn't pay more for cup games, what is going on :confused: I give up.

dave_who_ru
31-01-2016, 09:01 AM
I tend to think that even if the first cup game at home was included in the season ticket price then we would still have a sub 20k crowd. At least yesterday would have attracted potential fans for when we do finally build a new stand. It also gave a number of us an opportunity to try out seats elsewhere. I sat in the main stand and I know other LH guys tried out the top tier of the Holmesdale.

aquickgame2
31-01-2016, 09:03 AM
Was in AW,first time in donkeys,thought i'd give it a try out,normally LH...that bloody gantry and the pillar pished me off,not for me thanks

Nth Kent Eagle
31-01-2016, 09:20 AM
I paid on the day in another block in the AW but subsequently noticed my normal seat was empty so sat there second half anyway. All different faces around me and good to see so many youngsters.

hdeagle
31-01-2016, 09:35 AM
How poor were the Stoke fans it was like they were at a wake or the library even when the Palace fans goaded them there was no response and the away section was far from full.

Block B Holmesdale had a good atmosphere with plenty of singing going on.

Lion
31-01-2016, 09:43 AM
Took my son in the LH today for the first time and he really enjoyed it. Couple of kids near the front row between block D and E need a clip round the ear though, there is passion and there is acting like complete twats...!

SeanPalace84
31-01-2016, 09:46 AM
I tend to think that even if the first cup game at home was included in the season ticket price then we would still have a sub 20k crowd. At least yesterday would have attracted potential fans for when we do finally build a new stand. It also gave a number of us an opportunity to try out seats elsewhere. I sat in the main stand and I know other LH guys tried out the top tier of the Holmesdale.

Very true, attracting potential fans is important and great that lots of kids had the chance to go. My boys haven't stopped talking about Palace so job done for me.

Nelson Muntz
31-01-2016, 09:51 AM
We had quite a few new faces in the Whitehorse. Lots of them young kids.
Sadly we had a young Chelsea fan behind us in the first half talking about some Chelsea player scoring a worldy the other week. Didn't turn up 2nd half.

Stoke fans noisy at first considering how few of them there were. Fizzled out the longer the game went on.

Nth Kent Eagle
31-01-2016, 09:58 AM
No point in getting into a willy waving contest about who is the better fan. Many of our supporters will have moved a fair distance from Palace and even at 15 a ticket the total cost of travel, tickets, refreshments and food for a father with his teenage or student son(s) could still cost 100 (like it did for me at Southampton). That is extra unplanned money shortly after Christmas which not every one can afford.

Dorking .Eagle
31-01-2016, 10:01 AM
Arsenal include their first 7 (SEVEN :eek::eek:) cup games in the price of their season ticket, Man United penalise season ticket holders who don't buy home cup games.

Glad Palace fans have the choice, if for no other reason than it gives more Palace fans the chance to get a ticket easily

T.C.
31-01-2016, 10:03 AM

I am in Lanzarote this week so couldn't go anyway

TheMexicanHorse
31-01-2016, 10:05 AM
Arsenal include their first 7 (SEVEN :eek::eek:) cup games in the price of their season ticket, Man United penalise season ticket holders who don't buy home cup games.

Glad Palace fans have the choice, if for no other reason than it gives more Palace fans the chance to get a ticket easily

I think those seven games also include CL games , and I think there cheapest season ticket is 1k!

pauldrulez
31-01-2016, 10:18 AM
7 of us moved to the Main Stand...

Jesus, I'm sure half of the people in there are dead. What a hideous place to watch football.

Palace Bear
31-01-2016, 10:32 AM

Arsenal also add a zero more to their season tickets than palace. So it really isn't comparable.

I also believe they have some kind of odd system whereby the season ticket price is based upon how far they gone in cup competitions the previous year. So if they've done well in cup last year they get charged for that many cup games this year. Then if they got knocked out first round this year they pay less the next. So you effectively pay the price of last years cup runs. Basically they don't give cup games away for free they just charge you for them so you have to pay even if you don't go.
I might not have details exactly right but it's something like that!!!

In short it's not free cup tickets, it's just the price is higher to cover them. Means they always have. A big crowd even if they draw Accrington Stanley in the 3rd round of the cup.

scro
31-01-2016, 10:34 AM
Not really fan related but did anyone else find the Layla the eagle article in the programme rather dislikable. I am glad she didn't put names to the comments! Perhaps it was meant to be humourous but it didn't work very well IMO.

Don't get me wrong I am sure some people can be very irritating but I don't think the article painted the players in a particularly pleasant light.

Andy in Rome
31-01-2016, 10:37 AM
Arsenal include their first 7 (SEVEN :eek::eek:) cup games in the price of their season ticket

...because Arsenal season tickets are twice the price (or more) of the average Palace ST. My rabid Arsenal supporting mate is faced with a 1,200 bill for his ticket this year, and even he is beginning to question whether the carrot of "free" Cup games is worth the cost.

He can't believe that I'm only paying 460 - again - this year.

A Wooden Fish On Wheels
31-01-2016, 10:42 AM
Not really fan related but did anyone else find the Layla the eagle article in the programme rather dislikable. I am glad she didn't put names to the comments! Perhaps it was meant to be humourous but it didn't work very well IMO.

Don't get me wrong I am sure some people can be very irritating but I don't think the article painted the players in a particularly pleasant light. First I've heard if it... Do tell us more...?

herts_palace
31-01-2016, 10:45 AM
Took the opportunity to watch a few rows forward in row 1 of the Gallery. Fantastic view and almost right above the fanatics not bad for 15! It's a lot colder there though as no protection from the wind and that concrete is freezing.

AddoWolz
31-01-2016, 10:51 AM
Both games were really enjoyable! Some good noise yesterday overall, even the main stand sang along on one song. Shame the stand up if you love Palace doesn't work like it did years back, some miserable bastards now :D

O what a par larva for those guys in the main stand , " stand up if you love Palace "
First put down the flask and then remove the lap blanket and then try to stand up
o dear the chant has stopped , who would like a cup of tea and some mints

that's the main stand for ya

Grim Reaper
31-01-2016, 10:56 AM
Unbelievable

Maybe he had them in his accumulator.

I know I did and was relieved when they won

Business before pleasure and all that

Grim Reaper
31-01-2016, 10:59 AM
Shame the stand up if you love Palace doesn't work like it did years back, some miserable bastards now :D

My God, is that still going?

Put in context, that goes back 20 years when the top two divisions had all-seaters forced upon them. It was as much a mini protest at all seaters as it was about supporting your team. I guess after all these years. most people accept (and dare I say it, LIKE) all seaters that the urge to vocally express your disgust at losing terracing has gone and this chant has gradually faded away.

wrightchipvcfc
31-01-2016, 11:18 AM
Arsenal man u ect can reAly do what they like with there st holders because they know they are to scared to give them up because there are 1000s on list waiting for your seat and you would then be at the back of that list.With Parish being so hot on marketing was surprised he didn't say if we get to final tickets would be given out in order of eg st holder who done 6 cup games then st done 4 games ect for league cup and fa cup might get more st holders to attend.About 1 in 6 of our st holders go away games so the carrot of loyalty points don't matter to those who don't agree tho good chance to attract new fans just needed to make it easier to get tickets genral sale not thousands of empty seats can't be great for the players.

thefox
31-01-2016, 11:32 AM
no need to make a song and laptop dance about it.

SeanPalace84
31-01-2016, 11:46 AM

Jesus, I'm sure half of the people in there are dead. What a hideous place to watch football.

It is a bit depressing, I took my kids there as my old man sits there and everything someone so much as moves you get this bloke behind shouting 'SIT DOWN'. I don't mind the view but it doesn't feel like your watching a football game there. Each to their own thoigh but nothing wrong with getting a BIT excited about your team doing well.

scro
31-01-2016, 12:13 PM
First I've heard if it... Do tell us more...?

Just an article about what you should do if you see a player out and about. It came with a list of player comments/tips/moans. I thought it came across as a bit mean spirited and arrogant. Perhaps that's a bit harsh but whilst I am sure the attention can at times be grating I would think they could afford to come across a little more humble. Perhaps I am reading to much into it. It just didn't read all that well.

chrisophiex
31-01-2016, 12:18 PM
Palace Fans Today... a bloke was looking at a laptop... But blame it all on the grammar police! It's them wots gon maaaad!

If you are going to make a joke about poor grammar at least get your apostrophe in the wrong place :D

chrisophiex
31-01-2016, 12:23 PM
It is a bit depressing, I took my kids there as my old man sits there and everything someone so much as moves you get this bloke behind shouting 'SIT DOWN'. I don't mind the view but it doesn't feel like your watching a football game there. Each to their own thoigh but nothing wrong with getting a BIT excited about your team doing well.

I think I'll take my little 'un to the main stand next time. He might see some of the game there . Last time we went in the AW and he coudn't see anything due to people constantly standing up. Not having a go at anyone, but little ones want to see what's going on too. Family stand an option too, naturally. :)

danpalace07
31-01-2016, 02:52 PM

wild horses couldn't drag me into that stand

Yoda
31-01-2016, 02:56 PM
O what a par larva for those guys in the main stand , " stand up if you love Palace "
First put down the flask and then remove the lap blanket and then try to stand up
o dear the chant has stopped , who would like a cup of tea and some mints

that's the main stand for ya

Your time will come. :p

You did realise that due to the new seats, we're so wedged against each other that independent movement is actually impossible.

Breaking rocks
31-01-2016, 03:36 PM
Your time will come. :p

You did realise that due to the new seats, we're so wedged against each other that independent movement is actually impossible.

:D

Breaking rocks
31-01-2016, 03:37 PM
It is a bit depressing, I took my kids there as my old man sits there and everytime someone so much as moves you get this bloke behind shouting 'SIT DOWN'. I don't mind the view but it doesn't feel like your watching a football game there. Each to their own thoigh but nothing wrong with getting a BIT excited about your team doing well.

That Parish bloke needs bringing down a peg or two.

Chobham Eagle
31-01-2016, 03:49 PM
We moved to block B in the old stand where a mate sits.
Never again.

It's not that bad in block B of the Main Stand. Some of us do make a bit of noise - honest!

old git
31-01-2016, 03:52 PM
It's not that bad in block B of the Main Stand. Some of us do make a bit of noise - honest!

Fair play to the bloke at the back.Singing along on his own and didn't care.
Not you was it?:D

Chobham Eagle
31-01-2016, 03:55 PM
Fair play to the bloke at the back.Singing along on his own and didn't care.
Not you was it?:D

No I think that's the chap who goes by the name on here of Selhurst Hoover. Actually I wasn't there yesterday as I'm away on holiday. That probably explains why you thought it was so quiet! Mind you I'm sure my son Palace Nutter was making his usual racket!:)

Kevlon
31-01-2016, 04:09 PM
How poor were the Stoke fans it was like they were at a wake or the library even when the Palace fans goaded them there was no response and the away section was far from full.

Block B Holmesdale had a good atmosphere with plenty of singing going on.

I was in block D of the main stand for a change. When Stoke did sing they were louder than us. They even sung is this a library.

The main stand really is a depressing place to be. I tried singing, only to be called drunk and 'not a regular' by the guy sitting in front of me. Even when goal music is played it's just a myth that the whole ground joins in. In the main stand they clap but barely let out a whisper. Music makes no difference from what I could see or hear. But fair play to them for turning up to that morgue week after week.

On the plus side the view of the pitch is fantastic.

Glaze
31-01-2016, 04:26 PM
No I think that's the chap who goes by the name on here of Selhurst Hoover. Actually I wasn't there yesterday as I'm away on holiday. That probably explains why you thought it was so quiet! Mind you I'm sure my son Palace Nutter was making his usual racket!:)

If it is him, Selhurst hoover old skool. respect. EB

big bad John
31-01-2016, 05:52 PM
I go with a group who have STs.

Hope they all brought their penicillin

Seba
31-01-2016, 06:00 PM

Probably football tourists...

Chunt
31-01-2016, 06:07 PM
It still astonishes me people are shocked by the atmosphere in the main stand. If you want to sing, stand up, shout or swear just go in block A-C of the holmesdale or the back of the AW. Fans in the main stand have their way of supporting the club, just leave them to it FFS.

laggin
01-02-2016, 03:42 AM
It still astonishes me people are shocked by the atmosphere in the main stand. If you want to sing, stand up, shout or swear just go in block A-C of the holmesdale or the back of the AW. Fans in the main stand have their way of supporting the club, just leave them to it FFS.

exactly, look at every other club they all have 70-90% of their ground sitting in silence

LONDONMAN
01-02-2016, 07:11 AM

I'm not shocked because in reality it is still the Old Stand and has a bit of the Statler and Waldorf feel to it where older fans like to critique a match, rather than actively support the team.

I have had season tickets in all four stands since 1976 and my favourite spot was behind the Palace dugout right next to the tunnel, you could hear pretty clearly what the management and players were saying as you were inches away from them.

Because it was terracing in what was then the lower tier, you did get groups of people that really made a noise, but as with all grounds, that atmosphere dissapeared with reserved seating and the ability of like minded fans to mob together in one area as it was not really feasible anymore.

The worry is that when the Main Stand is increased in size, possibly more than double it's current capacity, it will be like a giant mortuary.

Perhaps one way around it would be to have the stall/seating from German grounds in the rows nearest the pitch or even unreserved seating, so those that do want to be a bit more vocal can do so without upseting the Thermos and cheese sandwich brigade.

scro
01-02-2016, 07:24 AM
Perhaps one way around it would be to have the stall/seating from German grounds in the rows nearest the pitch or even unreserved seating, so those that do want to be a bit more vocal can do so without upseting the Thermos and cheese sandwich brigade.

Isn't that safe standing? Something parish has already said there is no appetite for.

GorBlimey
01-02-2016, 07:45 AM
Isn't that safe standing? Something parish has already said there is no appetite for.

Would need a change in legislation, which isn't going to happen anytime soon.

Am Phibian
01-02-2016, 09:21 AM
I'm not shocked because in reality it is still the Old Stand and has a bit of the Statler and Waldorf feel to it where older fans like to critique a match, rather than actively support the team.

I have had season tickets in all four stands since 1976 and my favourite spot was behind the Palace dugout right next to the tunnel, you could hear pretty clearly what the management and players were saying as you were inches away from them.

Because it was terracing in what was then the lower tier, you did get groups of people that really made a noise, but as with all grounds, that atmosphere dissapeared with reserved seating and the ability of like minded fans to mob together in one area as it was not really feasible anymore.

The worry is that when the Main Stand is increased in size, possibly more than double it's current capacity, it will be like a giant mortuary.

Wasn't it fantastic the Old Stand terracing and I often stood by the tunnel too leaning over trying to get a high five or whatever it was called back in
The 1970's from one of the players. And looking back into the Directors Box trying to spot anyone famous or my Uncle Gerry who was a VP.

The tunnel in the centre was much better than where it is now.

Yoda
01-02-2016, 09:39 AM

Live and let live I say.

We all have different ways of enjoying the footie and fans should buy tickets for the stand that suits them best.

It's similar when you go to a concert....some like to sit and absorb the music, others want to get up and dance/pogo/whatever. If you've chosen to stand in the pit, you don't then go up into the seats and demand people dance along with you.

With regard to the Main Stand, your scenario might occur if the prices continue to inflate there. If more casuals/JCLs take up the additional seats created and they're paying 50+ per ticket, they'll have a greater expectation of being entertained for their money. Rather like at Arsenal and Chelsea.

It's human nature that if you've paid, for example, 20 for a ticket you're going to be less demanding that you want your money's worth than if you've paid three times that amount.

Bobby Woodruff
01-02-2016, 12:40 PM
I was in block D of the main stand for a change. When Stoke did sing they were louder than us. They even sung is this a library.

The main stand really is a depressing place to be. I tried singing, only to be called drunk and 'not a regular' by the guy sitting in front of me. Even when goal music is played it's just a myth that the whole ground joins in. In the main stand they clap but barely let out a whisper. Music makes no difference from what I could see or hear. But fair play to them for turning up to that morgue week after week.

On the plus side the view of the pitch is fantastic.

WTF do people post shit like this? Do you really expect the main stand to be like blocks A-C of the Holmesdale? Just because people want to watch a game of football in a different way to you does not invalidate them.

Kevlon
01-02-2016, 02:02 PM
WTF do people post shit like this? Do you really expect the main stand to be like blocks A-C of the Holmesdale? Just because people want to watch a game of football in a different way to you does not invalidate them.

Who is invalidating them? I posted my personal experience. If you don't like different options I suggest you stop reading these boards.

hdeagle
01-02-2016, 02:03 PM
You could not hear Stoke from Block B Holmesdale which always has a good atmosphere.

Maidstoned Eagle
01-02-2016, 02:06 PM

The main stand really is a depressing place to be. I tried singing, only to be called drunk and 'not a regular' by the guy sitting in front of me.

I remember we all sat there for Fedora Day and some twat accused us of only being there for one game and how we wouldnt be at the ground for the rest of the season. A few of us put him right, his son looked suitably embarrassed and I pointed out that he was lucky a certain 7ft mat of mine called Biggus hadnt heard his disparaging remarks.

Chobham Eagle
01-02-2016, 02:20 PM
There's quite a lot of negative stuff on here about fans in the Main Stand.

I think people need to realise that a lot of people who go to football matches don't want to or aren't able to behave like those in Block B in the Holmesdale. I am surrounded by people in the main stand who have been supporters of the Palace for far longer than many who post on here have been born. It makes them no less of a fan because they don't wish to leap up and down and sing.

I moved from the Lower Holmesdale to the Main Stand about 20 years ago when it became obvious that the LH wasn't the best place for my increasingly elderly parents to sit. They have both sadly since passed away but I have decided to stick with my seat in the Glaziers as it offers a decent view and the facilities in the lounge are good. I've also got to know some of the people who sit near me and are great Palace fans. We must have hundreds of years of Palace supporting between us.

When I go to away games, as I often do, I really enjoy standing up and making a racket along with everyone else but I accept that things are a bit different at home in the Main Stand. It doesn't actually stop me making plenty of noise though!