PDA

View Full Version : Relegation odds - have the bookies got it wrong?

CPFC.ORG
14-02-2016, 10:20 AM
As of today (14/2/2016) one bookie has odds of WBA at 6-1 and we are 40-1 with another, same points total of 32 - do they know something we don't?

Looking at the relegation candidates:
Villa are gone? Although most said that about Leicester last year, one could see that they were unlucky, so let's say that is a gimme.

Norwich - Thankfully they are in the Premier League as I think they like Villa, they will not escape, but that leaves two others.

Sunderland - Big Sam has them playing with spirit, played well against Man City and deservedly beat Man Utd,

Newcastle - new signings will get them safety? Jekyll and Hyde team, but have the quality to get out of trouble.

Bournemouth - they have key players returning and are on a good run of form.

Swansea - probably the best footballing side in the bottom half - not too good to go down, but personally, I think they will finish above us.

WBA - The Pullis factor !! Horrible team but have the wit and guile to gain points, talking of which we are on the same total as them.

First of all is it wrong to temper the catastrophe of relegation by placing bets on our demise also what should the odds be?

HRP
14-02-2016, 10:27 AM
I got on at 160-1 , we are going down .

Ralph
14-02-2016, 10:28 AM
We're still as close to the European places as we are the relegation places.

Hopefully we've had our blip and will start to turn it round, it'll still take a cataclysmic run of results to relegate us, which if we want on would be record breaking (hence the odds) but also well worthy and deserving of relegation.

DHeagle
14-02-2016, 10:28 AM
I would guess the bookies are maybe placing a lot of weight on players returning from injury - when we had a full strength side we were looking like one of the surprise packages of the season, second only to Leicester.

Everyone is down at the moment and they haven't become bad players overnight. When Bolasie and Sako are back in the squad it'll be a lift for everyone and our bench will be looking a lot stronger. I'd imagine this is playing a part in the odds that the bookies are giving us.

HRP
14-02-2016, 10:30 AM

Hopefully we've had our blip and will start to turn it round, it'll still take a cataclysmic run of results to relegate us, which if we want on would be record breaking (hence the odds) but also well worthy and deserving of relegation.

What do you class as cataclysmic ? No wins in 9 in the league ?

Ralph
14-02-2016, 10:32 AM
What do you class as cataclysmic ? No wins in 9 in the league ?

No wins in 9 is appalling, but to be relegated we'd be looking at no wins in 21. That's cataclysmic and I would be shocked to see it continue.

CharlieCPFC
14-02-2016, 10:34 AM
I think we will turn it around, it's been a disappointing run but we need some perspective in situations like this. There is faults which is not good enough and needs addressing, but you don't go from a good team to a shit one overnight. The quality in the squad depth and injuries we keep picking up is not good enough, it needs addressing urgently and the signings we bring in need extensive research with a better equipped scouting department.

My opinion for what it's worth is we'll see Villa, Norwich and Newcastle go.

mroakley9
14-02-2016, 10:37 AM
I think we will turn it around, it's been a disappointing run but we need some perspective in situations like this. There is faults which is not good enough and needs addressing, but you don't go from a good team to a shit one overnight. The quality in the squad depth and injuries we keep picking up is not good enough, it needs addressing urgently and the signings we bring in need extensive research with a better equipped scouting department.

This post sums up my thoughts quite nicely.

CPFC.ORG
14-02-2016, 10:44 AM
But have the bookies got it wrong and is it morally wrong to place a bet?

hdeagle
14-02-2016, 10:48 AM
Those odds are because a full strength Palace side will be nearer the top of the table than the bottom as they have proved already.

You cannot say the same about a full strength West Brom team that has been in the lower half of the table for most of the season.

eagles #1
14-02-2016, 10:49 AM
I'm putting £20 on us to go down.

montstar
14-02-2016, 10:50 AM
we're still 4-1 to finish in the top 10

I remember the season we were promoted we were bottom of the league at the start an dthere was similar hysteria here. I took the chance to put 20quid on us going up...

now top 6 or europe might be out of reach... But I think thats a good thing you need a lot stronger squad than we currently have for that - though it might have meant the kids get a look in.

Bookies are rarely wrong - though leicester this season shows they can be

However were currently 4-1 to be in top 10 and 25-1 to go down

montstar
14-02-2016, 10:51 AM

put the same amount on getting top 10 as you do on going down. that way youll cover your money :D

palacea
14-02-2016, 10:57 AM
I got on at 80 to one, I hope I lose. But the odds still seem to high at 40/1 considering the way we are playing and have been playing you cannot say we don't deserve to go down anymore.

firesign
14-02-2016, 10:57 AM
not many poor bookies - they very rarely get it wrong

Penstone Eagle
14-02-2016, 10:58 AM

Spot on.

SeanPalace84
14-02-2016, 11:04 AM
I got on at 160-1 , we are going down .

My mate got on at 500/1 as you could see this coming. Cash out already quite a bit.

Nigelbrag
14-02-2016, 11:06 AM
We must be thankfull that we made a superb start which MAY just see us scrape through to safety come the end of the season, purely on the basis we have 9 points more to play with than the bottom Three, which allows Palace that little leeway. However, our current form and playing ability is way down the order as most of the teams (possibly all) below us are playing better football.
Who do I see going down? Sunderland-Norwich-Aston Villa.

sherstonpalace
14-02-2016, 11:12 AM

How can it be morally wrong?

Surely it's simply a very rational insurance policy. I have £50 on us going down at 66-1. If we survive, which of course I hope we will, I'll have another season of premier league football to enjoy (or endure, depending on your perspective).

If we end up going on a Wolverhampton tour, rather than the European tour we sang about at Norwich and Chelsea, Betfair will pay me £3300. I see this as compensation which will pay for my season ticket and for travel to Blackburn, Nottingham, Preston etc.

I insure my car. It doesn't mean I hope I'll have a crash in the fast lane of the M25.......

daveagle
14-02-2016, 11:13 AM
At this stage of the season one team unexpectedly gets dragged into the fight against relegation. February was a good month of fixtures to pick up points, so yesterdays defeat makes our remaining games almost cup finals until we reach the magic 40 pts, which is looking like the safety tally this season

firesign
14-02-2016, 11:22 AM
the magic 40 pts, which is looking like the safety tally this season

what makes you say that? You think Villa, Sunderland, Newcastle and Norwich are all going to get to 39 points?

RAB
14-02-2016, 11:36 AM

Of course it's not morally wrong. Consider it as you would travel insurance. It's a bet you don't want to benefit from financially but if the worst happens, it will pay for your season ticket and maybe even pay for a nice holiday too.

When we lost to Sunderland in November we were 45/1 to go down. Those odds for Palace at that time of the season, in the Premier League, are exceptional. Normally we are in the bottom 3/5 and are at very short odds but we've only ever known struggle in this league so I decided to take the bet.

I'd won a substantial amount on our promotion when we were in the bottom 3 in the Championship and another big payout on that 'famous' Sunday in September 14 when Palace completed a trixie bet at Everton for me.

I calculated I'd want at least four times my promotion winnings as compensation if we get relegated and for the price of a match ticket in total, I gradually stepped up my post Sunderland bet, when Palace's relegation odds were much bigger than 45/1 but the so called 'blip' was just starting.

Maybe Bolasie's return will stop the rot. At least we have a 'free' weekend from worry coming next. There are two ways of looking at what that result can mean. Either the familiar, 'concentrate on the league now' or it'll provide an injection of confidence in the players. Confidence as much as ability is everything.

Jim Cannon
14-02-2016, 11:45 AM
I got on at 80 to one, I hope I lose. But the odds still seem to high at 40/1 considering the way we are playing and have been playing you cannot say we don't deserve to go down anymore.

This is wrong. You get relegated over the course of a whole season, not off the back of a bad spell of 8 or 9 games. Jesus, before xmas people were talking about top 4 or Europa League, win the Cup etc. Now you reckon we can't say we don't deserve to go down? There are still teams below us on a lot less points with far worse goal differences, and so far I would say are far more deserving of it than we are.

Ebeneezer
14-02-2016, 01:01 PM
The nine points is shrinking week by week, and the quality isn't there to give cause for optimism at the moment. Key players returning can (and probably will) turn it around, but if we go into next season with this sort of form and mindset, we will definitely have a problem.

This season has shown far too clearly that dependency on a very small number of players (Cabaye, Dann, Bolasie, Zaha?) without sufficient back up is a very high risk strategy.

daveagle
14-02-2016, 01:27 PM
what makes you say that? You think Villa, Sunderland, Newcastle and Norwich are all going to get to 39 points?

Not all of them, but sunderland looking capable, Newcastle squad look capable, Norwich and villa don't but 40 pts still looks like the tally required

old git
14-02-2016, 01:54 PM
I had a fiver at 40/1 early season and a fiver at 100/1 a few weeks back.I missed out on the 750/1 though.
I don't want to collect ,I bet on us because I always lose.

liberal clubber
14-02-2016, 02:11 PM
Im on at 50/1 last week already its 25/1 and if we lose to the baggies and the mackams it will be 7/1.

As said above, its an insurance thing

TouchyAndalou
14-02-2016, 02:19 PM
If I had £10 on us at 750/1 going down, I'm really sorry, but I'd be hoping we were relegated. I love Palace and games like those against Sheffield Wednesday last day of the season or Brighton and Watford in the playoffs felt like life or death to me, but that's just too much damn money to ignore. Gimme gimme gimme.

Duffle Coat
14-02-2016, 02:26 PM
If I had £10 on us at 750/1 going down, I'm really sorry, but I'd be hoping we were relegated. I love Palace and games like those against Sheffield Wednesday last day of the season or Brighton and Watford in the playoffs felt like life or death to me, but that's just too much damn money to ignore. Gimme gimme gimme.

For me, there are a few things more important than money. Palace is one of those things. That's why I never bet on us.

Ruskin Old Boy
14-02-2016, 02:37 PM
For me, there are a few things more important than money. Palace is one of those things. That's why I never bet on us.

^^^^ this.

TouchyAndalou
14-02-2016, 02:39 PM
Yeah, I should point out that I've never bet against Palace, ever. But if I did, and it came down to the last day and relegation stood to gain me £7500, I'm not confident I wouldn't be seduced by the lure of all the nice things I could buy :D

Bryan
14-02-2016, 07:32 PM
I would make us about 10-1

aj4england
14-02-2016, 07:57 PM
Villa, Norwich and Swansea to go for me. We could easily slump to 4/5th bottom.

aj4england
14-02-2016, 07:57 PM
We have 4 big games, norwich west brom Sunderland and newcastle, two wins sees us safe

bigGcpfc
14-02-2016, 08:00 PM
I stuck £20 @ 100/1 back in November, nearly threw the slip away late December. I've had dozens of similar bets and never collected once, hoping that stat continues.

Chobham Eagle
14-02-2016, 08:06 PM

Agreed.

(Although I actually never bet on anything. :))

PalaceRichard
14-02-2016, 08:31 PM
If we assume the likes of Watford, stoke, Everton and Chelsea will easily pass the 39-40 points mark, this is what needs to happen for us to get relegated:

West Brom get 7-8 points
Bournemouth get 11-12 points
Swansea get 12-13 points
2 from Norwich, Newcastle and Sunderland get 15-16 points

We get 6-7 points or less from 12 games which would take a continuation of this horrible run right through to the end of the season. I think 25-1 is too short for that outcome.

If you are a betting man, I would say individual games right now are the way to go. All of these "lesser" teams we are playing at the moment seem too big in terms of match odds. Until we turn this trend around 5/2 the likes of Bournemouth and Watford seems the thing to do. Putting this in context, I did bet on us to beat Chelsea at 9/1 earlier this season, for me it's about knowing your own team and following trends.

slondonlad
14-02-2016, 08:31 PM
Put £2 on @ 250/1 ages ago when people started talking about Europe,I knew palace would **** it up. But on a brightside if we did go down I could move my season ticket as my seats at the mo are pony.

CPFC.ORG
14-02-2016, 08:42 PM
I did place quite a sizeable bet when we were 200-1 and again at 150-1, I won't say how much, but I mentioned it on a facebook thread and quickly deleted it because of all the flack I got. It was in context ie I was not showing off and again didn't say the amount but I thought I might be alone on head ruling heart. I too do not wish to win the bet, but it does soften each loss I suppose.

Jordan's Jacket
14-02-2016, 08:47 PM
I'm putting money on at those odds. Easy money

PT109
14-02-2016, 08:51 PM
I did place quite a sizeable bet when we were 200-1 and again at 150-1, I won't say how much, but I mentioned it on a facebook thread and quickly deleted it because of all the flack I got. It was in context ie I was not showing off and again didn't say the amount but I thought I might be alone on head ruling heart. I too do not wish to win the bet, but it does soften each loss I suppose.

LOL

EagleSE24
14-02-2016, 09:03 PM
My season ticket is comfortably covered if we go down. I'm more than happy to pay for it though. I think we'll be ok. It's just worst case scenario insurance.

Odds Against
14-02-2016, 09:07 PM

I've got a lot more than £10 on at 750/1 and more at other prices, but I still don't want us going down!

cpfc_1978
14-02-2016, 09:08 PM
Took £100 bet on Palace to get relegated three weeks ago at 50/1. Would rather lose the money, but we screwed up in the January transfer window...not one player out there wants to stand up and fight for the cause... Terrible team.

PT109
14-02-2016, 09:46 PM
My season ticket is comfortably covered if we go down. I'm more than happy to pay for it though. I think we'll be ok. It's just worst case scenario insurance.
LOL - good to see that your season ticket is covered!
What about the season after that, or the season after that and that and that lol

hdeagle
15-02-2016, 04:41 AM
It will be great to see all you so called Palace fans losing your money at the end of the season by betting on Palace to be relegated.

Quite honestly you should be ashamed of yourselves showing so little faith in your team or management.

Palace's fan-base has been renowned for its loyalty and passion but clearly with some of you that is a thing of the past as you have your own agendas.

Pathetic.

EagleSE24
15-02-2016, 06:17 AM
I understand that. I didn't bet through lack of faith. If I bet I try not to do so emotionally. I just look for value for money. I will be happier to lose my fiver than anyone and I do feel we will stay up.

cpfc_1978
15-02-2016, 06:36 AM
Hdeagle its not pathetic to have a lack of faith with the current Palace squad. Quite the opposite, we haven't won a premier league game this year and we can't score for love nor money. This doesn't change my love for the club, but i am a realist and can see us getting relegated come May. What i do with my money is entirely my concern, not yours. I desperately hope i'm wrong and Palace stay up as i would much rather lose £5000 than gain it and i'm really not a rich man..

hdeagle
15-02-2016, 09:20 AM
This is the time when everyone at the club needs to get behind the team and manager and pull in the same direction instead of throwing in the towel as betting against the club winning this latest battle is clearly not doing this.
You might as well be cheering for Palace's opponents by taking this action as at the end of the day that helps you to win your bet.

For Paranoias
15-02-2016, 09:29 AM
This is the time when everyone at the club needs to get behind the team and manager and pull in the same direction instead of throwing in the towel as betting against the club winning this latest battle is clearly not doing this.
You might as well be cheering for Palace's opponents by taking this action as at the end of the day that helps you to win your bet.

What has having a bet got to do with turning up and getting behind the team?

eaglejez
15-02-2016, 09:31 AM
It will be great to see all you so called Palace fans losing your money at the end of the season by betting on Palace to be relegated.

Quite honestly you should be ashamed of yourselves showing so little faith in your team or management.

Palace's fan-base has been renowned for its loyalty and passion but clearly with some of you that is a thing of the past as you have your own agendas.

Pathetic.

its called hedging. Do you honestly think they want Palace to get relegated. When Palace take the lead I often lob a £5 on us to lose. I hope never to see the winnings but I treat it as someone saying 'give me a fiver and I'll guarantee you don't lose'.

sirdougie
15-02-2016, 09:51 AM
Two wins and we are safe. Even a team as out of form as ours can fluke this by the end of the season (I hope!)

prizesucker
15-02-2016, 10:38 AM
This season is fast becoming an amalgamation of previous seasons in the premier league merged into one.

We sign an elite superstar. (Cabaye) - similar to signing Lombardo (97/98)

We go on a spectacular run of not scoring a league goal/losing run for a lot of games - similar to the run in the 94/95 season only ended by a lovely ricky newman volley & Ndah goal. 9 games without a goal still stands as a premier league record i think. We nearly hit that this year.

Centre forward not scoring goals - Armstrong went on a huge drought 94/95
We have picked up key injuries at bad times (Bolasie) - like Salako in 92/93
Sold a popular striker during the season (Murray) like (Bright 92/93)
Signed a midfielder for a HUGE amount of money that never fulfilled that price tag - (Mutch) versus 97/98 (Neil Emblem)
Dann may not be playing up front like Coleman did in 91/92 but he was still a centre half that scored some important goals. (Not "premiership" i know but still top division)
Board room "disruption" shall we say. Goldberg saga versus Josh Harris saga

I'm sure i have missed a few out but strange how these co-incidences are all coming together into this current season

GreatGonzo
15-02-2016, 10:42 AM

Bookies follow the money.

Seems very few people (apart from palace fans it would seem) want to bet on us to go down.

swissroll
15-02-2016, 11:05 AM
Not all of them, but sunderland looking capable, Newcastle squad look capable, Norwich and villa don't but 40 pts still looks like the tally required

The run in would suggest Norwich and Villa are down with well below 35. But then whom knows , Newcastle and Sunderland have run ins through to seasons end where they ought to pick up decent points, Bournemouth and Swansea have tougher run ins but already on 27/28 points so you would expect them to get above 40.

The WBrom and Sunderland games up next are far bigger games for us than they should have been. 3 or 4 points from those 2 and we can rest easy. Lose them and its a big problem.

Potton Eagle
15-02-2016, 11:08 AM
Well I've just put a fiver on us going down. I never win bets so the way I look on it I'm paying a fiver to make sure it doesn't happen!

Thefunkymonk
15-02-2016, 11:12 AM
I got 150/1 3 weeks back. Chucked a tenner on. Covers my season ticket and away travel for next year that way.

ForzaPalace
15-02-2016, 11:12 AM
I put a fiver on when we were 150/1. My only regret was not putting on more.

Away
15-02-2016, 11:22 AM
put the same amount on getting top 10 as you do on going down. that way youll cover your money :D

You have seen the flaw in your logic haven't you. If not, please visit my Betfair page, I have a lot of tasty offers for you.

Away
15-02-2016, 11:25 AM
I'm putting money on at those odds. Easy money

... for the bookies.

eagle mart
15-02-2016, 11:29 AM
...not one player out there wants to stand up and fight for the cause... Terrible team.

You what?

Quite the opposite, we haven't won a premier league game this year and we can't score for love nor money.

In 2016 we've played 9 games and scored in 6 of them. And Scored in each of our last 5 games.

dim
15-02-2016, 11:34 AM
This season is fast becoming an amalgamation of previous seasons in the premier league merged into one.

We sign an elite superstar. (Cabaye) - similar to signing Lombardo (97/98)

We go on a spectacular run of not scoring a league goal/losing run for a lot of games - similar to the run in the 94/95 season only ended by a lovely ricky newman volley & Ndah goal. 9 games without a goal still stands as a premier league record i think. We nearly hit that this year.

Centre forward not scoring goals - Armstrong went on a huge drought 94/95
We have picked up key injuries at bad times (Bolasie) - like Salako in 92/93
Sold a popular striker during the season (Murray) like (Bright 92/93)
Signed a midfielder for a HUGE amount of money that never fulfilled that price tag - (Mutch) versus 97/98 (Neil Emblem)
Dann may not be playing up front like Coleman did in 91/92 but he was still a centre half that scored some important goals. (Not "premiership" i know but still top division)
Board room "disruption" shall we say. Goldberg saga versus Josh Harris saga

I'm sure i have missed a few out but strange how these co-incidences are all coming together into this current season

Signed a non-scoring striker like Williams....... check.

GB2506
15-02-2016, 11:44 AM
I cant believe this season has come to this. 5th on the 1st Jan, 31 points. Just a bit of investment and we could have maintained that top half position. Now we are discussing how many points we think Sunderland, Newcastle and Norwich will pick up and how we will hopefully hang on for dear life.

Only at Palace.

martin.cpfc
15-02-2016, 12:40 PM
This site reckons 35 points will be enough - http://www.after38.com/after38teams.aspx?team=Crystal%20Palace

Surely we'll get another 4 points!

Kent-eagle
15-02-2016, 12:44 PM

What an absolute ****in bellend. Nothing softens the blow you ****. That goes for all you toss pots betting on us to go down. Best thing about it is that you've all done yer dosh coz we ain't going nowhere. You shud listen to yourselves, like a load of gossipy blue rinses. Total ****in embarrassment to CPFC. You shud try having a bit of faith & show some positivity. I bet ur the Cnuts who get up ' leave early too. Is it any wonder I only cone on here about 3 times a year. Why would I wanna converse with a bunch Wankers like you lot. You really make me sick.

MasterYoda
15-02-2016, 12:44 PM
This site reckons 35 points will be enough - http://www.after38.com/after38teams.aspx?team=Crystal%20Palace

I'd certainly take the 12 points they reckon we'll get.

knowlesyUCLA
15-02-2016, 12:52 PM
I was a click away from putting £20 on us to get down at 150/1 after the Spurs game. I donít have a good feeling at the moment but there are too many teams below us. The West Brom game is huge though.

I said to my dad at the 70 minute mark on Saturday that it was potentially a season defining 20 minutes for both us and Watford. A win for either side and they would be looking to put their recent troubles behind them. Even assuming we do stay up, I wonder how much of an impact this run would have psychologically if we make a poor start to next season.

WLYWLYAWYPWF
15-02-2016, 12:56 PM

That's interesting as I always thought the points required for survival would be higher this season what with the new TV money. Surely chairmen are going to be offering all sorts of incentives to teams down the bottom as they fight tooth and nail for their place at the trough? It just highlights how poor the teams down there really are if 35 ends up being enough.

scro
15-02-2016, 01:01 PM
I backed at us at 100/1 a couple of games ago. Only a fiver but it would pay for my season ticket if the disaster were to happen.

We just don't look like winning games to me and i am not sure we have enough jammy draws in us either. So i think the bookies do currently have the prices wrong.

scro
15-02-2016, 01:06 PM
What an absolute ****in bellend. Nothing softens the blow you ****. That goes for all you toss pots betting on us to go down. Best thing about it is that you've all done yer dosh coz we ain't going nowhere. You shud listen to yourselves, like a load of gossipy blue rinses. Total ****in embarrassment to CPFC. You shud try having a bit of faith & show some positivity. I bet ur the Cnuts who get up ' leave early too. Is it any wonder I only cone on here about 3 times a year. Why would I wanna converse with a bunch Wankers like you lot. You really make me sick.

Are you really 53?

DAWSYEAGLE
15-02-2016, 01:11 PM

This could have been written by a Chelsea fan. Embarrassing.

The EEEAAAGGGLLLEEE!!!
15-02-2016, 01:13 PM
I wish you people would relax. Yes we're on a bad run, but throw in the Southampton and Stoke cup wins it's not that bad. We are not going down this year. I'm more worried about next season.

sweatyeagles69
15-02-2016, 01:22 PM

Sorry?? A Chelsea fan?? I know the person who wrote this. He supported Palace since 1970.
He can't believe and nor can I that "Palace Fans" would consider even worse place bets on us going down so no for your information he isn't a blue nose. Embarrassing?? What's embarrassing is so called fans betting on us going down. Even Scumwall Fans wouldn't do that or even Weed or Clowns. Anyone who bets on us going down isn't a Palace Fan plain and simple.

Selhurst Celtic
15-02-2016, 01:23 PM

:D

sweatyeagles69
15-02-2016, 01:24 PM
Are you really 53?

Are you really a Palace Fan???!

sweatyeagles69
15-02-2016, 01:26 PM
I wish you people would relax. Yes we're on a bad run, but throw in the Southampton and Stoke cup wins it's not that bad. We are not going down this year. I'm more worried about next season.

Well said and a true Fan

Oli28
15-02-2016, 01:30 PM
Not wrong though.

hdeagle
15-02-2016, 01:41 PM
I wonder how many of Palace's younger fans would support Palace if we were in the third division like we were in the mid 70's.

Palace were getting 20,000 plus crowds in those days.

This is why us older fans cannot stomach the attitude of the glory seeking modern fans who are far removed in their attitude from us older fans who have shown loyalty through thick and thin and have not turned like a worm at the first sign of a blip in form after Palace's attack has been decimated by injuries.

We also appreciate why Palace are not yet in a financial position to spend millions on expensive signings and their wages owing to how low the club generated income is compared to Premier League clubs with larger grounds and the subsequent restrictions due to FFP.

It is time to stop all this negativity as believe me Palace have had things far worse than losing a few games due to an injury crisis which will thankfully soon be over and the exciting attacking football that has been a trademark of Alan Pardew can once again cause problems for opponents and Palace can get back on track.

I used to go to every away game and I can remember one particular season when Palace did not win away for months but did our support wane no it did not and when we finally did get a 1-0 away win at Wrexham we celebrated like we had won the league.

PalaceRichard
15-02-2016, 02:00 PM
You know the answer to that question, about 8,000 probably.....

Times change I'm afraid. I used to enjoy football a lot more when you could stand and enjoy moments like one season at Ipswich away where we scored and in the middle of the celebration scored again (also see Youtube of Peterborough away in the recent promotion season). Those times have gone due to Sky and all seater stadia.

However, we have a team to be proud of these last few seasons, and I don't see a collapse total enough to put us in real trouble. This is a bad run no doubt, but we will be back to something like full strength in 2 weeks and that should be more than enough.

I asked my son (8 years old at that time, crying and beating his seat) when we lost to Birmingham 0-4 on the Friday night under Holloway, whether he wanted to support someone else ion the Premier. He said through his tears, " no they always win" - so there's a few good ones left for the future........

scro
15-02-2016, 03:48 PM
Sorry?? A Chelsea fan?? I know the person who wrote this. He supported Palace since 1970.
He can't believe and nor can I that "Palace Fans" would consider even worse place bets on us going down so no for your information he isn't a blue nose. Embarrassing?? What's embarrassing is so called fans betting on us going down. Even Scumwall Fans wouldn't do that or even Weed or Clowns. Anyone who bets on us going down isn't a Palace Fan plain and simple.

Brilliant news.. so not only do i win money if we go down.. i won't have to care about the downside because i am not a palace fan anymore.

*Just to clarify you do realise bets don't influence outcomes right? Well not unless you are tony pulis.

scro
15-02-2016, 03:52 PM
I wonder how many of Palace's younger fans would support Palace if we were in the third division like we were in the mid 70's.

This is why us older fans cannot stomach the attitude of the glory seeking modern fans who are far removed in their attitude from us older fans who have shown loyalty through thick and thin and have not turned like a worm at the first sign of a blip in form after Palace's attack has been decimated by injuries.

We also appreciate why Palace are not yet in a financial position to spend millions on expensive signings and their wages owing to how low the club generated income is compared to Premier League clubs with larger grounds and the subsequent restrictions due to FFP.

It is time to stop all this negativity as believe me Palace have had things far worse than losing a few games due to an injury crisis which will thankfully soon be over and the exciting attacking football that has been a trademark of Alan Pardew can once again cause problems for opponents and Palace can get back on track.

I used to go to every away game and I can remember one particular season when Palace did not win away for months but did our support wane no it did not and when we finally did get a 1-0 away win at Wrexham we celebrated like we had won the league.

What about those of us that have gone home and away for about 25 years plus but have done so whilst simultaneously treating each dip like the end of the world? Are we still welcome?

The trouble with approaching things with a permanent shit eating grin is it ignores the fact that lows are essential to make the highs better.

JDawg
15-02-2016, 03:52 PM

So what are the odds of Europe compared to the odds of relegation?

sweatyeagles69
15-02-2016, 03:55 PM
I understand perfectly. But you accuse a good friend of being a Chelsea fan when the thought of betting on his own team going down would not even be in his thought process but you know something both of us hardly go on here as it's full of negativity about Palace.
To be honest I couldn't care less on what you say or think
So don't bother replying as I wont read it

scro
15-02-2016, 04:01 PM
I understand perfectly. But you accuse a good friend of being a Chelsea fan when the thought of betting on his own team going down would not even be in his thought process but you know something both of us hardly go on here as it's full of negativity about Palace.
To be honest I couldn't care less on what you say or think
So don't bother replying as I wont read it

:D (I didn't call him a chelsea fan by the way, neither did the other poster).

palacea
15-02-2016, 04:05 PM

that's a rant and a half, best one of the year so far!

(btw I did bet and I got up early on Saturday, hope it doesn't give you a heart attack or anything)

elgrande
15-02-2016, 04:14 PM
I'm with Kent Eagle here......betting on your own team to get relegated..... ******* bell ends of the first order.

Les Butler
15-02-2016, 04:21 PM
Must admit it would stick in my throat to bet on my team Palace to go down who for some odd reason I have eternal optimism that we will pull something out of the hat to escape (Yeah been disappointed lots) so I go into each game thinking were going to win feck it so why would I bet against my team ? ...Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Anyways were not going down !!!!

sweatyeagles69
15-02-2016, 04:44 PM
Must be a Chelsea Fan. Embarrassing. I believe you said.

sweatyeagles69
15-02-2016, 04:45 PM
I'm with Kent Eagle here......betting on your own team to get relegated..... ******* bell ends of the first order.

Totally agree and he's a great mate of mine.

sweatyeagles69
15-02-2016, 04:50 PM
I been a Palace Fan for nearly 40 years. Bet on my team to go down?? I would sooner sell my house first.

sweatyeagles69
15-02-2016, 04:58 PM
Must admit it would stick in my throat to bet on my team Palace to go down who for some odd reason I have eternal optimism that we will pull something out of the hat to escape (Yeah been disappointed lots) so I go into each game thinking were going to win feck it so why would I bet against my team ? ...Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Great post mate well said

RAB
15-02-2016, 06:42 PM

Funniest post I've read in ages.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpq30EUTDGM

old git
15-02-2016, 07:36 PM

Glory seeking.:D
**** off mate ,I was there for the Carlisle match and went to the away one for good measure.I bet against aPalace as betting on them is a recipe for disaster.
Glory seeking:p

maestro
15-02-2016, 07:42 PM
Norwich next 5 fixtures

Leicester away
Chelsea Homes
Swansea away
Man City H
West Brom Away

Jim Cannon
15-02-2016, 09:01 PM

Nail. On. Head. It really makes me pissed off the way some people on here overreact over every spell we have: A good spell, let's splash out on 3 big money signings to compete for Europe. A bad one, and we are going down, and it's all Parish's fault. One poster on another thread has dismissed people for going to the Spurs game because he thinks we have no chance, and are wasting our time. What right minded genuine fan would not go to a game because we might lose? Crazy. Don't go to a game if you can't afford it, or can't go for other reasons, but because we MIGHT lose? With that attitude why bother supporting a football club?

I've been going since the 3rd division days, and whatever happens I will get frustrated/elated/depressed at varying times, but agree there is far too much negativity on here by people who don't seem to understand we are not Barcelona.

Battle EAGLE
15-02-2016, 10:05 PM

Totally agree, even in the dark old days of the mid eighties,if I was offered a ticket to watch a big club or go to selhurst with the other 5,000 hardy soles, no contest Palace every time, it's poor at the mo, but we got to enjoy the ride. As they say typical Palace, as for betting against them never.:p

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
16-02-2016, 12:20 PM

Don't be fooled by those wins. Saints was a long time ago now.

Stoke rested many players and others had just played 120 minutes away from home in a midweek cup semi-final. We played our strongest side, still only managed 1 goal and were clinging on at times.

For Paranoias
16-02-2016, 12:43 PM

You shud invest in a dickshunry

old git
16-02-2016, 09:09 PM

Things look different when you actually go to games.
:hi:

disco mixx kidd
16-02-2016, 10:35 PM
I've only bet against palace twice and don't recommend it, I thought it would ease the pain if we went down but I'd bet so much there was an emotional conflict
I think I won £800 on betting that palace wouldn't beat wba, in our final home match, and we almost scored last minute, I then lost the lot betting we'd lose at s.weds, obviously over joyed we drew that day but I wish I'd had abit more faith

hdeagle
16-02-2016, 11:37 PM
Latest Poll in a national paper has 84% voting that Palace will stay up.

I rest my case and look forward to seeing how high Palace can finish now that their injury crisis is easing and the likes of Bolasie, Sako and Gayle are once again in the frame for selection.

It looks like a lot of you may be losing money at the end of the season.

RAB
16-02-2016, 11:41 PM
I've only bet against palace twice and don't recommend it, I thought it would ease the pain if we went down but I'd bet so much there was an emotional conflict
I think I won £800 on betting that palace wouldn't beat wba, in our final home match, and we almost scored last minute, I then lost the lot betting we'd lose at s.weds, obviously over joyed we drew that day but I wish I'd had abit more faith

I follow three rules for betting:-

1. I only bet what I can afford to lose and see it as buying a ticket for a ride. I rarely follow the in-bet progress.

2. I never chase lost bets.

3. I don't bet EXPECTING to win. Of course it would be daft betting to lose but I see winning a bet as a bonus. That way, when I lose my stake (most times) I can emotionally manage the loss. When I win, normally an amount much greater than the amount outlay of a number of losing stakes, it is quite a fillip.

As regards betting on or against Palace results, I have won a considerable amount betting on them over the years and am well in profit. I'll generally only bet on Palace longshots where they are outsiders such as the last promotion when we were in the bottom 3 in that season's September.

Palace are normally on very short odds to be relegated from the Premier League at any time of the season and that is why this season is exceptional after such a great start.

Only the most fanciful fan will see betting on Palace to be relegated as that having some impact on the Club's fortune. To me that would make as much sense as voodoo. How does staking a tenner on Palace being relegated at 66/1 have any bearing on match performances by random players and the team's results? Absurd.

However I would never stake such a vast amount of money on Palace's FAILURE where the realisation of that would be life changing and for me it would be crossing the line of being a fan. I would though take a long shot bet on PALACE's success. The realisation of that would be bliss!.

hdeagle
16-02-2016, 11:49 PM
I have won £330 betting on Palace staying up having placed the bet when they were bottom of the table and cut adrift.

I took great pleasure in backing Palace for success which they achieved.

I would never bet against Palace under any circumstances.

RAB
16-02-2016, 11:50 PM
Latest Poll in a national paper has 84% voting that Palace will stay up.

I rest my case and look forward to seeing how high Palace can finish now that their injury crisis is easing and the likes of Bolasie, Sako and Gayle are once again in the frame for selection.

It looks like a lot of you may be losing money at the end of the season.

I hope this is the case and I'd consider the cost of my bet, the same as one single match ticket, well worth it to see Palace stay up.

The reality however is that a poll in a national paper with 84% approval for Palace staying up, is without any scientific basis and all we have to hang on to for now. It would be good to see the poll updates as the season progresses.

hdeagle
16-02-2016, 11:56 PM
The poll follows the news that Bolasie,Sako and Gayle are in contention to return against Spurs which is surely the news that all Palace fans have been waiting for and I expect Palace's form to pick up very soon.

ellioteagle1
17-02-2016, 12:07 AM
Put £5 on us to go down at 33/1 today. Can't see it happening but best to have a slight silver lining if the disaster did actually happen.

sweatyeagles69
21-02-2016, 12:21 AM
You shud invest in a dickshunry

Why?? The post says quite clearly his views on people betting on Palace going down and I for one agree with what he says. He's passionate about Palace end off

hdeagle
21-02-2016, 01:29 AM
At the end of the season will all of those betting on Palace to go down please have the courage to tell us how much money you have lost when Palace have stayed up.

ForzaPalace
21-02-2016, 07:56 AM
At the end of the season will all of those betting on Palace to go down please have the courage to tell us how much money you have lost when Palace have stayed up.

Don't think anyone actually wants us to go down mate. Would be funny to see your excuses if we did though.

HRP
21-02-2016, 08:29 AM

Yeah , and perhaps we will also tell you how much we have spent on tickets and merchandise this season .

What about you ? How much have you spent ?

old git
21-02-2016, 09:05 AM

£10.:p

slondonlad
21-02-2016, 10:53 AM
£2

Arron
21-02-2016, 11:23 AM
I hope this is the case and I'd consider the cost of my bet, the same as one single match ticket, well worth it to see Palace stay up.

The reality however is that a poll in a national paper with 84% approval for Palace staying up, is without any scientific basis and all we have to hang on to for now. It would be good to see the poll updates as the season progresses.

I think the point the poll makes is that fans of other clubs just don't see us as candidates for the drop despite the bad run we're having, something that is borne out by the conversations I've had with any number of people. Surely they can't all be wrong? Or maybe they're not as naturally pessimistic as the average Palace fan. :p

hdeagle
21-02-2016, 11:32 AM
I would say that those Palace fans prepared to bet against their own team are very much in the minority and certainly not your average Palace fan.

A BBS poll on this would be very interesting.

burgess hill 84
21-02-2016, 11:35 AM
I would say that those Palace fans prepared to bet against their own team are very much in the minority and certainly not your average Palace fan.

A BBS poll on this would be very interesting.

Your obviously a fountain of knowledge

hdeagle
21-02-2016, 11:39 AM
In answer to HRP's question I have had a Palace season ticket for 43 years so you work out how much I have spent on Palace including travel and tickets to 100's of away games.

It has no relation to how bad I would feel betting on Palace to get relegated as I would feel a sense of betrayal and I am sure that many would agree with me on this point.

lee_cpfc
21-02-2016, 11:45 AM
Don't think anyone actually wants us to go down mate. Would be funny to see your excuses if we did though.

We will all think it's funny

Penstone Eagle
21-02-2016, 11:47 AM
The poll follows the news that Bolasie,Sako and Gayle are in contention to return against Spurs which is surely the news that all Palace fans have been waiting for and I expect Palace's form to pick up very soon.

Ok Alan

hdeagle
21-02-2016, 07:17 PM
After today I would say that Palace are back and that you will have lost your stake money within a month as Palace played nothing like a relegation side and this stunning result will boost their confidence as much as any win this season has.

Never mind

Thefunkymonk
21-02-2016, 07:30 PM

£10. if we go down (and I actually think we will say up) I'll win £1500. That will pay for my seasons ticket and away travel next year. If we stay up I lost a tenner.

I also put £10 on for us to win FA cup before saints game.. 40/1.

I have also £10 that we finish in top 7 at 12/1

So opinion police... Please tell me... Is that ok?

My luck I won't win any of them :D

Thefunkymonk
21-02-2016, 07:33 PM
After today I would say that Palace are back and that you will have lost your stake money within a month as Palace played nothing like a relegation side and this stunning result will boost their confidence as much as any win this season has.

Never mind

And what's your point? Like I say above i have a tenner on us to go down amongst other bets for positive palace stuff. When palace stay up I will be far happier than if we went down and I won £1500 trust me. All this I'm a better fan than you are is bollocks. Put it this way. If we do go down (which we probably won't) you will be miserable. I will also be miserable but with £1500 to cover my season ticket and away travel for next season. Some would call that sensible.

burgess hill 84
21-02-2016, 08:04 PM
And what's your point? Like I say above i have a tenner on us to go down amongst other bets for positive palace stuff. When palace stay up I will be far happier than if we went down and I won £1500 trust me. All this I'm a better fan than you are is bollocks. Put it this way. If we do go down (which we probably won't) you will be miserable. I will also be miserable but with £1500 to cover my season ticket and away travel for next season. Some would call that sensible.

Bang on. Couldn't have said it better myself.

palacea
21-02-2016, 08:15 PM

Never mind

I also bet on Palace to win the FA Cup last June.

Why are you so bothered anyway, it's really quite endearing.

old git
21-02-2016, 10:13 PM

Never mind

Hopefully.I hope we go on a run now and win every game,but I do that anyway.

cantspell
21-02-2016, 10:30 PM
best price 8/1 to win the cup - did that price take a tumble today - 6/1 in places

PhuketEagle
22-02-2016, 05:54 AM
Odds-on outsiders - thats us. No-one ever takes any notice (see MOTD)

RAB
22-02-2016, 09:58 AM
I won my relegation stake back yesterday with our win at Spurs @ 5/1 and I'm now looking forward to winning my bet on Palace winning the Cup @ 25/1.

HRP
22-02-2016, 11:31 AM
In answer to HRP's question I have had a Palace season ticket for 43 years so you work out how much I have spent on Palace including travel and tickets to 100's of away games.

It has no relation to how bad I would feel betting on Palace to get relegated as I would feel a sense of betrayal and I am sure that many would agree with me on this point.

No , how much have you spent THIS season . Not interested in previous years

hdeagle
22-02-2016, 03:36 PM
Just for HRP's perusal

£20 Per game to get to Selhurst x 19
£100 Cup tickets
£20 Per game away travel x 9
£200 away tickets (disabled)
£100 club shop
£50 programmes
This is only a running total including the Spurs FA Cup tie and does include not food bought in the ground.

So what is your point the fact that have spent nothing on betting.

hdeagle
22-02-2016, 03:37 PM
Just for HRP's perusal

£100 Cup tickets
£100 club shop
£50 programmes
This is only a running total including the Spurs FA Cup tie and does not include not food bought in the ground.

hdeagle
22-02-2016, 03:38 PM
Just for HRP's perusal

£100 Cup tickets
£100 club shop
£50 programmes
This is only a running total including the Spurs FA Cup tie and does not include food bought in the ground.

hdeagle
22-02-2016, 03:42 PM
Note that this was not a triple post but some grammatical errors were corrected in the latest version

You could add the £315 paid for my Disabled Season Ticket to my costs so far this season.

liberal clubber
22-02-2016, 03:56 PM
hrp has gone offline:D

HRP
22-02-2016, 05:28 PM
hrp has gone offline:D

Hrp was at work

Jono14
22-02-2016, 05:43 PM
I feel that now Yannick is back it's going to coincide with an upturn in fortunes. Won't be suprised at all with 9 points from the next 3 games.

burgess hill 84
28-02-2016, 12:45 AM
After today's result we are still 35/1 to get relegated. That's pretty good odds.

Thefunkymonk
28-02-2016, 03:17 AM
I am being offered £25 cash out from my £10 bet.. It got 150-1 only 3/4 weeks ago... Shows how shit we have become!!

RAB
01-03-2016, 12:32 PM
30/1 being offered by Paddy P. Considering our awful form these odds do seem generous.

Match odds on Palace winning tonight are typically miserly at 2/1.

Should Palace lose tonight expect odds on relegation to be slashed. Perhaps to 10/1.

I was always fearful of 'the squeeze' (the gap between games played and points gained). At Christmas Palace had an impressive 29 points from 17 games. Now 32 from 27.

What at Christmas was an unlikely possibility of relegation is sliding closer towards probability.

Palace_Akie
01-03-2016, 12:37 PM
We're going to end up being one of those stories in the newspaper where someone put a £100 on us to be relegated at Xmas and won six figures.

Johnny Byrne
01-03-2016, 12:41 PM
We must not do a third season Norwich. Next 2 games define our season. We must not lose either and ideally get 4 or 6 points from them.

Windsor_Eagle
01-03-2016, 12:48 PM
Bizarrely, the longer that this run has continued, the more my attitude has changed to 'que serra serra'. That is not to say that I don't care, I do and I want Palace to win badly, but it seems that there's a lot of blame flying around at the moment and it is all directed quite scatter-gun like and it is becoming harder to fathom.

All runs do end at some point. The solace we can take is that despite a pitiful run of form that surely can't continue on too much longer, we still have a buffer to the teams at the bottom. Come on Palace, let's return some cheer to us all and allow us to just relax into the last 4 - 6 weeks of the season!

palacea
01-03-2016, 12:54 PM
All runs do end at some point.

Usually in League one.

RAB
01-03-2016, 01:02 PM
We're going to end up being one of those stories in the newspaper where someone put a £100 on us to be relegated at Xmas and won six figures.

After we lost at home to West Ham and Leicester away, I put aside heart in favour of head and bet on a Palace relegation in the same way as I view travel insurance. I do not want to collect but if the worst happened there would be financial compensation for the emotional loss. Palace were then 45/1. I later topped up my bet just as the post Christmas slump began.

My reasons were that despite our terrific start and the points in the bank, Palace had only ever known struggle in the Premier League but the fact that played the biggest part in my reasoning is our dreadful home form.

Before the season started, Pardew was on record saying that home form would be a priority. With the fantastic efforts of the HF and the media praise for the atmosphere at 'Fortress Selhurst' I like most fans expected better. Yet we've lost 8 times, including to Sunderland, Watford and Bournemouth and were it not for a great save in the last minute, would have lost to Swansea too making the current 3 points from 10 games worse still.

If we are relegated, for all the talk of injuries, lack of transfer activity, dodgy refs, Pardew's selections etc, it will be Palace's home form which will be the reason. This is Pardew's biggest failing whatever the outcome come May.

montstar
01-03-2016, 01:11 PM
We're 30-1 to go down and 14-1 to finish in top 10
and as many have said not many poor bookies

Perhaps its because we're 8 points off 18th and 8 points off 7th

Sceagle
01-03-2016, 01:14 PM
We're 30-1 to go down and 14-1 to finish in top 10
and as many have said not many poor bookies

Perhaps its because we're 8 points off 18th and 8 points off 7th

Yep. There's not much in it despite our poor form. A couple of wins and everything will seem rosy again. Equally a couple of loses and we will look ****ed.

old geezer
01-03-2016, 01:20 PM
Yep. There's not much in it despite our poor form. A couple of wins and everything will seem rosy again. Equally a couple of loses and we will look ****ed.

Exactly

hdeagle
01-03-2016, 01:23 PM
Palace have a league high of 23 blatant penalties not having been awarded, just imagine what position Palace would be in if even half of those had been converted.

Good luck expecting this run of bad form to spread to another 11 games and at the same time the relegation sides suddenly finding 4 or 5 wins out of 11 when they have managed just 6 wins in 26 so far.

Palace are not going down so get behind the team and manager and be grateful that you have a club to support after what has gone on before.

Some fans have very short memories and need to remember the unity shown in saving this great club.

The negativity shown by some so-called Palace fans has shown them in their true light.

Johnny Byrne
01-03-2016, 01:25 PM
2 quick wins will see the bookies smile.

CPFC since 1989
01-03-2016, 01:25 PM
We will stay up

RAB
01-03-2016, 02:15 PM
2 quick wins will see the bookies smile.

Yep and most of us who have taken out 'insurance'.

old git
01-03-2016, 10:16 PM
40/1 now with paddy power.
One more win will be enough.

hdeagle
01-03-2016, 10:30 PM
If Newcastle lose at Stoke and Swansea lose at Arsenal then Palace's point at Sunderland will alter the odds again

Sunderland now have to win 50% of their remaining games just to reach 38 points and the same applies to Norwich and Newcastle.

Palace are now within touching distance of safety.

Santos-er
01-03-2016, 10:32 PM
Looking at this objectively... nobody in the bottom 3 will catch us if they maintain the points ratio they've had over the last 11 matches. The gap has closed by 6 points, in the same period (in fact one game less) they'd need to close a 9 point gap. Also, the most points a team (Blackpool) has had at Xmas and gone down is 22 (in a 38 game season) - we had 29.

Odds are still well against relegation for a reason. If Wickham continues with his purple patch we'll be fine. Going to be an interesting summer whatever happens.

Robson
01-03-2016, 10:33 PM
If Newcastle lose at Stoke and Swansea lose at Arsenal then Palace's point at Sunderland will alter the odds again

Sunderland now have to win 50% of their remaining games just to reach 38 points and the same applies to Norwich and Newcastle.

Yet 38 points also looks a million miles away for us at the moment. That's a win and 2 draws....where?

Norwich, Everton or Stoke at home for the win I guess, maybe a point against Liverpool or Leicester if we're lucky...

GreatGonzo
01-03-2016, 10:33 PM

Pre-match BFS was targeting 38 and hoping it would be enough. Than means we need 7 points from half a season and still need 5 from the final 10 games.

We are not definitely safe but it would take the 2nd worst form over half a season in PL history to take us down i believe.

Stellavista
01-03-2016, 10:34 PM
On the other hand, Parish is going to be a bit miffed that we have likely thrown millions of pounds of position prize money away this season.

danpalace07
01-03-2016, 10:38 PM
Pre-match BFS was targeting 38 and hoping it would be enough. Than means we need 7 points from half a season and still need 5 from the final 10 games.

We are not definitely safe but it would take the 2nd worst form over half a season in PL history to take us down i believe.

sounds like a Palace thing to happen

hdeagle
01-03-2016, 10:39 PM
At least Palace have a 10 point cushion and do not need to win 5 of the last 10.

Many of these teams have to play each other as well as facing some very tough fixtures where wins would be major shocks.

aj4england
01-03-2016, 10:45 PM
On the other hand, Parish is going to be a bit miffed that we have likely thrown millions of pounds of position prize money away this season.

How can he? Too many people saying I don't want Afobe for £10m, his goals would have won us 3 points between now and end of the season and kept us up. That's worth a lot more than a bit of place money

son of trolley
01-03-2016, 11:12 PM
One to drink yourself to death if we go down - just put £10 on with sky bet at 33-1, with two free £10 bets at same odds - so £1000 return if we go down. If we do I will gladly buy everyone a drink in the drum and monkey

brighton_eagle
01-03-2016, 11:15 PM
How can he? Too many people saying I don't want Afobe for £10m, his goals would have won us 3 points between now and end of the season and kept us up. That's worth a lot more than a bit of place money

Would? Assume you meant could. Wickham has scored 4 in 2, which is as much as you can ask of a striker, and won us 1 point as a result.

Thefunkymonk
02-03-2016, 03:39 PM
I have a £10 at 150/1 for us to go down. Prior to last night I was being offered £24 cash out... Now I'm being offered £9.50. This makes me happy.

hdeagle
02-03-2016, 04:48 PM
Take the £9.50 as after tonight's away games for Newcastle and Swansea it should be further reduced.

Newcastle are at Stoke

Swansea are at Arsenal

Thefunkymonk
02-03-2016, 04:52 PM
Take the £9.50 as after tonight's away games for Newcastle and Swansea it should be further reduced.

Newcastle are at Stoke

Swansea are at Arsenal

I'll be delighted to lose £10 trust me

RAB
02-03-2016, 05:08 PM

Newcastle are at Stoke

Swansea are at Arsenal

I got my relegation bet stakes back for our win at Spurs.

I am looking forward to quoting one of your many posts admonishing fans such as me, when we are mathematically safe and I can say, "Well done hdeagle". :p

hdeagle
02-03-2016, 06:39 PM
It is great to see positivity returning to the BBS after so much back-biting and depression.

The return of Palace's injured players is having the desired effect and hopefully Selhurst Park will be bouncing on Sunday to give Liverpool another reason for Klopp to act like a demented Meerkat as Palace get another result over his over-rated team.

A Palace win would virtually put this thread to bed as Palace are staying up.

Supa Pard
02-03-2016, 06:42 PM
There's no doubt we will stay up. There are at least 3 teams in this division worse than us. And that's taking current form into account.

Where it will get interesting is in the summer transfer window where we'll see real intent.

hdeagle
03-03-2016, 04:18 PM
Apparently according to the super computer Palace will finish the season on 45 points and now have a 0.8% chance of being relegated.

Palace are predicted to finish in 14th place.

http://talksport.com/football/premier-league-table-super-computer-predicts-final-table-201516-season-march-update?p=6

GB2506
03-03-2016, 04:28 PM
Apparently according to the super computer Palace will finish the season on 45 points and now have a 0.8% chance of being relegated.

Palace are predicted to finish in 14th place.

http://talksport.com/football/premier-league-table-super-computer-predicts-final-table-201516-season-march-update?p=6

No chance we will finish on 45 points. We will do well to get 40.

MikeyBaby
03-03-2016, 04:40 PM
That's the spirit.

12 points from ten games is eminently do-able.

hdeagle
03-03-2016, 04:50 PM
Predicted teams for the drop are :

Aston Villa 25 points
Norwich 34 points
Sunderland 34 points

WestBerksPalace
03-03-2016, 04:51 PM
Looking at the games, I reckon we will get 10 points. 2 wins/3 draws/5 defeats.
42 points total.
About 15th I reckon.

old git
03-03-2016, 04:54 PM
Predicted teams for the drop are :

Aston Villa 25 points
Norwich 34 points
Sunderland 34 points we need another draw then.:eek:

dave_who_ru
03-03-2016, 05:35 PM
They have predicted 54 points for 10th spot which hasn't been close for several seasons. We only reached 48 points last year.

waddoneagle
03-03-2016, 06:06 PM
https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xft1/v/t1.0-9/12809673_579912288841318_532833482538997640_n.jpg? oh=bf7e3acf00460eccca798c4e2215604f&oe=5753DE35

Son of Ron
03-03-2016, 06:23 PM
Looking at the games, I reckon we will get 10 points. 2 wins/3 draws/5 defeats.

spot the deliberate mistake ?

hdeagle
04-03-2016, 11:00 PM
Palace odds to stay up are now 1/200

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/to-stay-up

old git
05-03-2016, 06:26 PM
You can get 50/1 with paddy power for us to be relegated.

Ralph
05-03-2016, 07:00 PM
You can get 50/1 with paddy power for us to be relegated.

I got 100-1 a few weeks back. Found myself a nice little camera I'll buy if we go down.

And a nice little treat if we stay up.

hdeagle
05-03-2016, 07:17 PM
Yesterday Palace were 1/200 to stay up and after today's results they are now not even featured in the odds available on teams to stay up.

orp pisshead1
05-03-2016, 07:21 PM
There's no doubt we will stay up. There are at least 3 teams in this division worse than us. And that's taking current form into account.

Where it will get interesting is in the summer transfer window where we'll see real intent.

A fully fit squad and we're better than quite a few but sadly still behind the hamsters:veryangry
Agree about summer window & current form might mean they spend a bit more than originally planned:p.

Martin H
05-03-2016, 07:42 PM
Yesterday Palace were 1/200 to stay up and after today's results they are now not even featured in the odds available on teams to stay up.

Seriously? Are you saying that you can't get odds on Palace being relegated?

delboy01
05-03-2016, 07:51 PM
Seriously? Are you saying that you can't get odds on Palace being relegated?

We are 20-1 to go down with William hill.

The 3 out of 2 in the fight are odds on.

For us to go down two of those teams would need to go on a run.

hdeagle
05-03-2016, 08:01 PM
You cannot get odds on placing a bet for Palace to stay up only on Palace being relegated and those are very long odds when you compare them to the current bottom 4 teams who are massively odds on for relegation.

It is likely to be 3 from the current bottom 4 for the relegation places and that is reflected by the odds.

old git
05-03-2016, 08:35 PM
How have we got ourselves in this position? For the first time in years I just expected a nice easy time to a mid-table finish.
Serves me right ,I should have learnt by now.:p

thereichstuff
05-03-2016, 08:37 PM
How have we got ourselves in this position? For the first time in years I just expected a nice easy time to a mid-table finish.
Serves me right ,I should have learnt by now.:p

You should have ! ;)