PDA

View Full Version : The famous Alan Mullery

muswell eagle
21-02-2016, 08:36 PM
Not a very bright idea to introduce him at half time today, but he appeared totally bemused by the abuse he got.

Does he not understand that his legacy to CPFC is the bitter rivalry with BHA and his meeting with the Pope.

the drexciyan
21-02-2016, 08:40 PM
Not a very bright idea to introduce him at half time today, but he appeared totally bemused by the abuse he got.

Does he not understand that his legacy to CPFC is the bitter rivalry with BHA and his meeting with the Pope.

What did the Pope say?

Dorking .Eagle
21-02-2016, 08:47 PM
Couldn't hear a word he said but he did look like he had no understanding of why he got dogs abuse

ElwissAtMemphis
21-02-2016, 09:24 PM
I've skim read his autobiography and gleaned enough to know that he's fully aware of why we don't like him. He took the job against the better advise of several confidant's

art malice
21-02-2016, 09:26 PM
Shame we couldn't hear him. Think he was talking about his visit to the Vatican.

Chocky
23-02-2016, 03:44 PM
That c*nt was on Sky a while back and laughed about his actions at Stamford Bridge on that rainy Monday night. He made a complete twat out of himself and still laughs about it.

Spurs? Bollocks. He is a f*cking Brighton c*nt.

Fatboy
23-02-2016, 07:29 PM
Probably a good job he was out of coin range.

Fatboy
23-02-2016, 07:31 PM
http://thegoldstonewrap.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/mulleryvsigna.jpg

Glaws Eagle
24-02-2016, 01:20 PM
That c*nt was on Sky a while back and laughed about his actions at Stamford Bridge on that rainy Monday night. He made a complete twat out of himself and still laughs about it.

Spurs? Bollocks. He is a f*cking Brighton c*nt.

I do like this post ....

Battle EAGLE
25-02-2016, 02:37 PM
http://thegoldstonewrap.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/mulleryvsigna.jpg

I was at that game as a lad, still remember it now, pissing down with rain. 2nd fa cup replay happy days. Mullery made himself look a right twat, couldn't believe it when he became our manager, the worst decision ever.

Pistol Knight
25-02-2016, 09:39 PM
I was at that game as a lad, still remember it now, pissing down with rain. 2nd fa cup replay happy days. Mullery made himself look a right twat, couldn't believe it when he became our manager, the worst decision ever.

And lost us fans who to this day have never been back!!

JDawg
26-02-2016, 09:39 AM
Yep. Last week's half time gig was right up there with Ron Noades appointing the ****.

I think we stood in for the Pope on what he would have said.....

Battle EAGLE
26-02-2016, 03:02 PM

I still went but it was painful, your right some fans never forgave, and even now I find unbelievable he became Palace manager. I was on the concourse at half time and was unaware that he was being presented otherwise I also would have shouted some choice words at him. :veryangry

Maidstoned Eagle
26-02-2016, 03:54 PM

A lot of whom ****ed off to watch Chelsea

orp pisshead1
26-02-2016, 09:58 PM

Another reason I hate them *****:veryangry

Typical Palace
26-02-2016, 11:10 PM
Kid I went to my first game at Selhurst with became an Arsenal fan, so I heard. Disgusting behaviour.

Typical Palace
26-02-2016, 11:12 PM
Funny how Mullery managed Palace and Coppell managed the Weeds.

Imagine Gus managing Palace or Pardew managing at the Tampax?

Typical Palace
26-02-2016, 11:18 PM
I've always been confused about the Mullery and Pope song.

For a while I wasn't sure who said '**** off' then realised it must be the Pope.

But can only Catholic Palace fans sing it? What of the protestants? Are they too pleased the leader of the Roman Catholics tells Mullers to '**** off'?

Why does Mullers go to the Vatican? Was he looking for a keeper and went to see Pope John Paul II? Or was he even the Pope when the song surfaced?

Was Mullers looking for benediction and gets ****ed off by his Holliness?

Do other clubs sing a similar song?

Some clubs have Catholic affiliations (e.g. Liverpool and Celtic link) and some protestant (e.g. Chelsea and Rangers). Is there a definitive faith to your 'typical palace' fan? (see what I did there?)

So many unanswered questions.

There's a thesis in the theological meaning behind this classic Palace chant.

Selhurst Celtic
26-02-2016, 11:39 PM
Think of the confusion that the artist formerly known as rangers fans went through when we had a nazi Pope.

Selhurst Celtic
26-02-2016, 11:49 PM
And in answer to your questions, it is indeed the Pope who tells Mullery to **** off.

Everyone can sing it. It's a hands across the divide anthem where we can all unite to tell Mullery to **** off.

Mullery wanted to sign JPII to play in goal.

Other clubs sing their version of the song.

There is a definitive faith at Selhurst, and it is Palace, with Coppell as God.

(As an aside, there's no religious affiliation with Liverpool & Everton.)

May your God go with you, and **** off Mullery.

Typical Palace
27-02-2016, 12:15 AM
Cheers SC!

Supa Pard
27-02-2016, 06:47 AM
A terrible time in our history. As has been said, there were supporters who wouldn't go til he left.

One of those ' you'll always remember where you were when you heard the news of his appointment' type moments.
The Brighton c**t.

Sam Spade
27-02-2016, 10:40 AM
I've always been confused about the Mullery and Pope song.

For a while I wasn't sure who said '**** off' then realised it must be the Pope.

But can only Catholic Palace fans sing it? What of the protestants? Are they too pleased the leader of the Roman Catholics tells Mullers to '**** off'?

Why does Mullers go to the Vatican? Was he looking for a keeper and went to see Pope John Paul II? Or was he even the Pope when the song surfaced?

Was Mullers looking for benediction and gets ****ed off by his Holliness?

Do other clubs sing a similar song?

Some clubs have Catholic affiliations (e.g. Liverpool and Celtic link) and some protestant (e.g. Chelsea and Rangers). Is there a definitive faith to your 'typical palace' fan? (see what I did there?)

So many unanswered questions.

There's a thesis in the theological meaning behind this classic Palace chant.

The song makes no claim that "Mullers" went to the Vatican. Only that he went to Rome. The meeting might have taken place anywhere within the eternal city.

"Mullers"? :veryangry:veryangry

hatter8142
27-02-2016, 10:52 AM
A terrible time in our history. As has been said, there were supporters who wouldn't go til he left.

One of those ' you'll always remember where you were when you heard the news of his appointment' type moments.
The Brighton c**t.

I was one of those who refused to go whilst he was manager and i stuck to my word and to this day I am proud of that. Mullery is a **** of the highest order I will detest the **** till the day he dies.

Vince Hilaire's Afro
27-02-2016, 11:16 AM
The song makes no claim that "Mullers" went to the Vatican. Only that he went to Rome. The meeting might have taken place anywhere within the eternal city.

I think we can assume the meeting took place in the Vatican. Security concerns (for both parties) would have been a nightmare to logistically move the meeting elsewhere in Rome.

It is definitely the Pope who tells Mullery to **** off.

But here is the point where confusion truly reigns: SC alluded earlier to the purpose of Mullery's visit being to sign his Holiness for goalkeeping duty. I'd always thought he goes to "see" the pope (reason unstated), not sign him. Th reason for this being, I'd assumed that the pope's response did not end in him simply telling Mullery to **** off. He's also informing Mullery of his Palace affiliation, and informing him of Palace's status as the world's greatest. Hence, we are quoting the pope from the words '**** off' right to the end of the song.

This position is arrived at for the following reasons:

1) although Mullery was an idiot, and this pope did play as a goalie he was past retirement age (even moreso than Ally Brown) hence even Mullery wouldn't still consider him.
2) if the Pope was a Palace fan, he would jump at the chance to sign for us regardless

However, on the other hand, I couldn't remember when the song started to be sung. If it was when Mullery was at Brighton, and he was trying to sign him for them, then it makes perfect sense.

Regardless, I think there's one theme of the song upon which we can all agree - everyone, including the pope, thinks Mullery's a twat

Maidstoned Eagle
27-02-2016, 11:26 AM
Mullerys son signed onto the BBS to defend him once, if I remember correctly

Timbo
27-02-2016, 11:42 AM
Poor old Mulberry!

his full name is actually "Mullery Out!"

Selhurst Celtic
27-02-2016, 12:04 PM
Vha, you raise a good point. "Sign" or "see" I'm sure I used to sing the former but now sing the latter.

And I am the digit at the back of the AW who roars whooooooooooore at the end of the song which wrecks my voice.

Codman Haddock
27-02-2016, 01:17 PM
Could reference to Mullery being famous be revoked for something more appropriate ? Maybe the "****ish" Alan Mullery ?

Ruskin Old Boy
27-02-2016, 01:44 PM
Marvellous fayre, Alan Mullers, the gift that goes on giving after 4 decades :lux:

strolling bones
27-02-2016, 01:45 PM
Could reference to Mullery being famous be revoked for something more appropriate ? Maybe the "****ish" Alan Mullery ?

He was never worthy of the tag famous ..But kentish ? ...I reckon thats unfair on the hop munchers ..:D

Sleeping Giant
27-02-2016, 02:10 PM
Mullery was rubbish for us. I mean we were dire, but:
Is Sir Stevie of Coppell a **** for managing Brighton
In terms of the Mullery/Venables 1970's thing, hasn't Venables been proven a bigger t***** making Mullery's opinion of him somewhat viable .
Mullery had basically no money to operate on. We had already fallen out of the sky as a Club. Blah blah blah. I'm really disappointed in how the guy was for us, would rather he played the youth than the old fat "never weres" he employed but bottom line, the guy scored for England v W Germany in THAT quarter final and formed part of maybe the best ever England team. I realise i'm in a minority of maybe one but I respect the guy (and i'm not even joking) and am embarassed by his treatment where it goes beyond good humour. Anyway, i'm off to the tin hat shop.

Shipp Ahoy!
27-02-2016, 02:15 PM
In terms of the Mullery/Venables 1970's thing, hasn't Venables been proven a bigger t***** making Mullery's opinion of him somewhat viable .
Mullery had basically no money to operate on. We had already fallen out of the sky as a Club. Blah blah blah. I'm really disappointed in how the guy was for us, would rather he played the youth than the old fat "never weres" he employed but bottom line, the guy scored for England v W Germany in THAT quarter final and formed part of maybe the best ever England team. I realise i'm in a minority of maybe one but I respect the guy (and i'm not even joking) and am embarassed by his treatment where it goes beyond good humour. Anyway, i'm off to the tin hat shop.

Did you seriously just compare Sir Steve Coppell and Alan **** Mullery? :eek:

Sam Spade
27-02-2016, 02:25 PM
I think we can assume the meeting took place in the Vatican. Security concerns (for both parties) would have been a nightmare to logistically move the meeting elsewhere in Rome.

It is definitely the Pope who tells Mullery to **** off.

But here is the point where confusion truly reigns: SC alluded earlier to the purpose of Mullery's visit being to sign his Holiness for goalkeeping duty. I'd always thought he goes to "see" the pope (reason unstated), not sign him. Th reason for this being, I'd assumed that the pope's response did not end in him simply telling Mullery to **** off. He's also informing Mullery of his Palace affiliation, and informing him of Palace's status as the world's greatest. Hence, we are quoting the pope from the words '**** off' right to the end of the song.

This position is arrived at for the following reasons:

1) although Mullery was an idiot, and this pope did play as a goalie he was past retirement age (even moreso than Ally Brown) hence even Mullery wouldn't still consider him.
2) if the Pope was a Palace fan, he would jump at the chance to sign for us regardless

However, on the other hand, I couldn't remember when the song started to be sung. If it was when Mullery was at Brighton, and he was trying to sign him for them, then it makes perfect sense.

Regardless, I think there's one theme of the song upon which we can all agree - everyone, including the pope, thinks Mullery's a twat

So George Wood was signed as an alternative to the Pope?

Typical Palace
27-02-2016, 02:34 PM
Profuse apologies Sam, I now see that using the monicker 'Mullers' could be assumed to represent some kind of fondness.

By no means was that my intention.

In future I will limit such terms to ****.

Typical Palace
27-02-2016, 02:38 PM

While I can't codone a defence of Mullery the comparisons with Venerial are well put. TV has been infinitely more evil and deleterious to Palace than any other ex manager. That 'El Tel' was allowed to shaft us twice is incredible and something I would never forgive Goldberg for, ever. It's like being raped and then going on a date with the perpetrator. Then marrying them.

Baffled Bob 2
27-02-2016, 03:56 PM
It's like being raped and then going on a date with the perpetrator. Then marrying them.

And then inviting them on to your anniversary video.

Sam Spade
27-02-2016, 04:16 PM
Profuse apologies Sam, I now see that using the monicker 'Mullers' could be assumed to represent some kind of fondness.

By no means was that my intention.

In future I will limit such terms to ****.

Splendid. Apology accepted.:p

Del Fenner
27-02-2016, 04:55 PM

We were singing it in the 1979/80 season at the height of the Venables/Mullery clashes.

Chocky
29-02-2016, 05:13 PM
The song was from before 1979. Around the time when he had a player called Peter Ward with whom apparently, according to a song, Mullery had sexual relations with, culminating with the former ejaculating over the latter's bottom. Another song alluded to the latter f*cking the former up the shitter.

Supa Pard
29-02-2016, 05:20 PM
The song was from before 1979. Around the time when he had a player called Peter Ward with whom apparently, according to a song, Mullery had sexual relations with, culminating with the former ejaculating over the latter's bottom. Another song alluded to the latter f*cking the former up the shitter.

I always wondered who was up Peter Ward.

I had me suspicions, mind.

Jack Regan
08-03-2016, 07:46 AM
Mullery Mullery shut your mouth
Mullery, shut your mouth.

Brumie Allan
08-03-2016, 08:01 AM
Have you been asleep for 9 days?

biggus mickus
10-03-2016, 05:54 PM
I was one of those who refused to go whilst he was manager and i stuck to my word and to this day I am proud of that. Mullery is a **** of the highest order I will detest the **** till the day he dies.

This post, with knobs on. Never went with that c v n t there.

in-exile
10-03-2016, 06:11 PM
These things are always based on "Hard" fact! :)

in-exile
10-03-2016, 06:14 PM
I stopped going for the second Terry Venables period at Palace.

hatter8142
10-03-2016, 06:16 PM
This post, with knobs on. Never went with that c v n t there.

Good man

evvo111
10-03-2016, 07:00 PM
Perhaps he took Ward to the Pope to use as an altar boy? I only went to see us once or twice when Mulberry (c*nt) was the manager. Worst decision the club ever made regarding managers.

Pistol Knight
10-03-2016, 07:01 PM
I stopped going for the second Terry Venables period at Palace.

:p:p:p
Crook >> 'arry

Lee sinnots ear
10-03-2016, 07:24 PM

Believe it or not I made reference of this night at my dear old dads eulogy !!!

My Father was a life long Palace fan and a very placid man but that night which was freezing took a small bottle of scotch to keep him warm (allowed in 1977 ) when Mullery did this to right beneath us to my utter astonishment he just suddenly hurled the bottle at him:bash::bash:

Certainly made people laugh at a sad morning!!