PDA

View Full Version : Who broke Harrys nose?

Isle of Wight
24-02-2016, 04:02 PM
Didn't notice this on the stream I was watching

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35652979

LONDONMAN
24-02-2016, 04:11 PM
Who nose?

Seriously bad injury the nose injury. Imagine Alan 'Sniffer' Clarke with a faulty shnozzle? He simply wouldn't be able to scent where the goal is.

My guess is that Dele Alli was trying out some moves he was saving for Cabaye on Harry and went a bit too far with a fake headbutt on poor old Kane.

Terrace Bickle
24-02-2016, 04:13 PM
C'mon Connor...own up! ;-)

Selhurst Celtic
24-02-2016, 04:18 PM
I think it was Zaha who caught him in the second half. It didn't look much, almost as if Kane's face hit his shoulder as they challenged for the ball. It was right by the dugouts and Kane pulled up for a second or so, before playing on.

RDSdaEAGLE
24-02-2016, 04:19 PM
It was Jordon Mutch :)

bestperch
24-02-2016, 04:26 PM
Did he get too near Danny Rose on one of his many Tom Daley impersonations?

kabbott
24-02-2016, 05:08 PM
Who nose?

F*ck nose!

The Omen
24-02-2016, 05:47 PM

He's achieved something at last in a Palace shirt!

;)

AJ
24-02-2016, 07:02 PM
Did he get too near Danny Rose on one of his many Tom Daley impersonations?

I'm with these...probably a resulr of one of Danny Roses dives....I mean falls.

Holmbury Eagle
24-02-2016, 07:04 PM
Might improve his looks!

GreatGonzo
24-02-2016, 07:07 PM
Cannot understand how the BBC did not manage to pick up on this and dedicate a minute of 2 of Match of the Day on it to ensure a player was banned?

gadford4th
24-02-2016, 07:10 PM
I've got a spuds fan raging at me on the old whatsapp. I'm just chuckling.

regal_eagle
24-02-2016, 07:10 PM
Sure it wasn't Hennossey?

Shipp Ahoy!
24-02-2016, 07:21 PM

Just point out that we're helping them focus on the league ;)

Yoda
24-02-2016, 07:32 PM

Just because a player is injured doesn't necessarily mean it's due to a foul anyway.

It could be accidental contact, or even that he inflicted it on himself (eg clashed with another player, possibly even another Spurs player).

LONDONMAN
25-02-2016, 07:31 AM
F*ck nose!

Ear, who you callin' f@ck nose?!

LONDONMAN
25-02-2016, 07:38 AM
F*ck nose!

http://i3.birminghammail.co.uk/incoming/article4023934.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/BP2759098.jpg

Ear, who you callin' f@ck nose?!

andyocpfc
25-02-2016, 08:47 AM
Something smells a bit fishy here.

ForzaPalace
25-02-2016, 08:53 AM
Shit thread

Maidstoned Eagle
25-02-2016, 09:01 AM
Mullery did it, re enacting the infamous tantrum of 75...

LONDONMAN
25-02-2016, 09:20 AM
Mullery did it, re enacting the infamous tantrum of 75...

1976 - If anyone is still unclear why Mullery is hated here he is congratulating the Palace support at Stamford Bridge on that eventful December night!

http://www.palace-echo.net/images/bha2.jpg

dave_who_ru
25-02-2016, 09:38 AM
Sounds like a song to me;

Who broke Harry's nose
Who broke Harry's nose
Jordan Mutch did
Jordan Mutch did
He broke Harry's nose

You can swap Danny Rose for Mutch.

Maidstoned Eagle
25-02-2016, 10:00 AM
1976 - If anyone is still unclear why Mullery is hated here he is congratulating the Palace support at Stamford Bridge on that eventful December night!

http://www.palace-echo.net/images/bha2.jpg

I thought it was 75?

glaziers fan
25-02-2016, 10:07 AM
Cannot understand how the BBC did not manage to pick up on this and dedicate a minute of 2 of Match of the Day on it to ensure a player was banned?

If only! But the best thing Mutch has done in a Palace shirt. What would be in his highlights reel? Good shot straight at the keeper/near post in last home game? Can't think of anything else, but would welcome contributions

Seagull-Eater_ Miss_Selhurst_ SE19_denizen
25-02-2016, 10:13 AM
did you see Harry's conch ? well it is difficult to miss. Even Shefki Kuqi would have struggled to miss it....

dave_who_ru
25-02-2016, 11:04 AM
I thought it was 75?

It was indeed 1976:

20 Nov away 2-2
23 Nov home 1-1 aet
6 Dec at Stamford Bridge 1-0

Not sure what night the original game at Stamford Bridge was due to be played. I know I was at Earls Court when I heard the announcement that the game had been postponed due to a waterlogged pitch. I ended up drinking in the Fulham Road all night with some Chelsea mates. It hadn't stopped raining when we did actually play.

WestBerksPalace
25-02-2016, 11:13 AM
It was indeed 1976:

20 Nov away 2-2
23 Nov home 1-1 aet
6 Dec at Stamford Bridge 1-0

Not sure what night the original game at Stamford Bridge was due to be played. I know I was at Earls Court when I heard the announcement that the game had been postponed due to a waterlogged pitch. I ended up drinking in the Fulham Road all night with some Chelsea mates. It hadn't stopped raining when we did actually play.

Went to 1st and 2nd game, but not the 2nd replay, school night etc. Did Mullery get taken to task by the FA? Or were things a little more lenient in those days? He's giving it the full double two fingered salute there. Was it immediately after he threw the tenner on the ground and screeched that Palace fans are not worth that?

Anyone there on the night, who can remember what the Palace fans were singing for him to react like that?

AJ
25-02-2016, 11:18 AM
The FA have been really quiet this week, I am guessing they have been reviewing minute by minute of last Sunday's game trying to find a Palace player to ban for Harry's nose!

dave_who_ru
25-02-2016, 11:31 AM
Went to 1st and 2nd game, but not the 2nd replay, school night etc. Did Mullery get taken to task by the FA? Or were things a little more lenient in those days? He's giving it the full double two fingered salute there. Was it immediately after he threw the tenner on the ground and screeched that Palace fans are not worth that?

Anyone there on the night, who can remember what the Palace fans were singing for him to react like that?

The start of the rivalry covered in full by the Guardian:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/football-league-blog/2011/sep/27/brighton-crystal-palace-rivalry

I forgot the Stamford Bridge game being postponed twice. Thinking back I'm sure they tried to play the next day following the initial postponement.

dave_who_ru
25-02-2016, 11:46 AM
I was sitting in the West Stand that night. The Palace fans who didn't have seats were mainly in the open North Terrace. The Brighton fans had the Shed. It was a cold, wet and miserable night and I was just glad to get back down the pub as soon as it finished.

It was too long ago to remember whether I actually saw Mullery flash the V sign although I'd like to think I did.

Maidstoned Eagle
25-02-2016, 11:58 AM
I stand corrected. :D

Eagle96
25-02-2016, 12:31 PM

Rehearsing for Saturday :lux:

hdeagle
25-02-2016, 01:35 PM
With regards the Mullery incident it was difficult at Stamford Bridge to make out what was going on as it was like watching Subbuteo from my seat in the top of the stand which was so high up that it made you feel giddy.

I wondered at the time how bad it would have been having to watch your football from this perch on a regular basis.

Palace and Brighton fans were sat in the same stand and the persistent rain had made the pitch look like a swamp in places with puddles everywhere.

These conditions would lead to a postponement nowdays.

LONDONMAN
25-02-2016, 03:07 PM

I was there, but I was on the uncovered North Stand (location is now the Matthew Harding Stand at Stamford Bridge) which was an open terrace - and I got soaking wet, along with the many other Palace fans standing there on the night, in the non-stop rain!

Mullery was fuming because of incidents that had happened in the match and his outburst came as he started to walk back to the tunnel in between the Palace fans there, he got a cup of tea lobbed at him and then pulled out some change from his pocket, spat on it and shouted "You're not worth that" as well as flicking the V signs.

Mullery got fined around 75, plus costs at Lancaster Gate later that season, roughly a weeks wages for many back then in early 1977.

Best article I've seen on the incident (and a bit of a flavour as to how the whole Palace v Brighton thing began as early as the Summer of 1973) is here.

http://thegoldstonewrap.com/2014/02/13/mullery-in-v-sign-storm/

orp pisshead1
25-02-2016, 03:15 PM

Just keep repeating Dele Ali dirty little shit.

Olympian2
25-02-2016, 03:21 PM
The start of the rivalry covered in full by the Guardian:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/football-league-blog/2011/sep/27/brighton-crystal-palace-rivalry

That Guardian article from 27 Sept 2011 references the upcoming 'Eagles' first visit to the Amex Stadium'.

Anyone know how we got on that evening?

orp pisshead1
25-02-2016, 03:24 PM
Rehearsing for Saturday :lux:

:D:p as long as he does it in the 92nd minute and we're 3-0 up :lux:.

orp pisshead1
25-02-2016, 03:25 PM
That Guardian article from 27 Sept 2011 references the upcoming 'Eagles' first visit to the Amex Stadium'.

Anyone know how we got on that evening?

No idea but apparently it'll be in their history books forever.

LONDONMAN
25-02-2016, 03:38 PM
With regards the Mullery incident it was difficult at Stamford Bridge to make out what was going on as it was like watching Subbuteo from my seat in the top of the stand which was so high up that it made you feel giddy.

I wondered at the time how bad it would have been having to watch your football from this perch on a regular basis.

Palace and Brighton fans were sat in the same stand and the persistent rain had made the pitch look like a swamp in places with puddles everywhere.

These conditions would lead to a postponement nowdays.

I think the match was played on a Monday night, having already been postponed twice from the previous week (called off on a Tuesday and the following night!) - as it was already the third match in the tie, it had big repercussions on Palace's fixture list.

We had two games in hand on most clubs towards the end of that 1976/77 league season in Division Three, but played one game earlier than scheduled, meaning we had no fixture on the closing Saturday - winning our last four matches meant we overtook Wrexham for 3rd place, Wrexham blew their chance to re-take 3rd place in their last match v Mansfield, the win meant Mansfield pipped Brighton for the Third Division Title and also helped Palace to promotion.

It turned out to be Palace's last season to date in Division Three, the last season to date that Palace appeared in either the 1st or 2nd Round of the FA Cup - and if you are looking for omens - Palace midway in the Third Division (12th out of 24 teams) in early February, 1977!