PDA

View Full Version : Sunderland is a must win

dilem
27-02-2016, 07:31 PM
No doubt about it.
10 winless games the rot must end.
Play team we played second half and we have a chance.

Second half today was better but still doesnt excuse the ******* shambles of a first half.
We need points on the board.

Malarkey
27-02-2016, 07:31 PM
Yep. 100% going down if we lose.

Heath eagle
27-02-2016, 07:33 PM
The pressure is now on pards , this is what him and the players get paid big bucks for , SO STEP UP AND EARN YOUR ******* MONEY YOU TOSSERS

TomEagle
2nd half was okay. Nothing special. West Brom were 3-0 up and sat back for most of it and tried to catch us on the counter. We were shit today bar a couple of decent performances. Sunderland is a must win definitely. We should be seriously worried at the moment about relegation. And Pardew should be worried for his job because currently he's looking clueless.

bradpitt
If he starts again with Adebayor and Wickham up front together we're doomed

HurstpierPalace
27-02-2016, 07:34 PM
We will lose and stay up on goal difference.

dilem
27-02-2016, 07:35 PM
Not saying we will go down if we lose; but we will be firmly placed in relegation battle.
Win is needed. For pardew, for the players, for our mental health.

Santos-er
27-02-2016, 07:37 PM
If he starts again with Adebayor and Wickham up front together we're doomed

This. I'm starting to think Pardew is plain stupid.

maestro
27-02-2016, 07:38 PM
Id take a point tbh

dilem
27-02-2016, 07:40 PM
Id take a point tbh

then the pressure builds on the game after..which is liverpool... we fail to win that... its leicester next.

We have to end the rot. Soon.

1_Neil_Warnock
27-02-2016, 07:43 PM
Not looking forward to this game at all.

GB2506
27-02-2016, 07:45 PM
Agree it's a must win, we have to end the run. Like someone said if we only draw the next 2 are Liverpool and Leicester.

sydney eagle
27-02-2016, 07:45 PM
Scary times when we are bricking it facing ******* Sunderland

ForzaPalace
27-02-2016, 07:46 PM
We'll lose comfortably don't you worry

Seaside Eagle
27-02-2016, 07:50 PM
We really, really need to win. Which is f*cking unfortunate because Khazri and Defoe are looking quite good at the minute.

JAS78
27-02-2016, 07:54 PM
Pardew can't get it that tactically wrong again, I'm sure he's learnt his lesson (pray)

Reg_Maudling
27-02-2016, 07:58 PM
Sunderland is a must not lose

Then we will still be nine points ahead of them

And we must not lose against norwich and newcastle

daz_eagle
27-02-2016, 08:08 PM
We're f*cking AWFUL at the moment, but have y'all forgotten what words mean? It simply isn't MUST WIN. We have 32 points - not 22!

Again, if you're so certain we're going down, put half your mortgage on it (you can still get some decent odds, if you think it's a 'more than likely' possibility).

It's time for everyone to be supportive of the whole group. Are we fair-weather fans? You'd have thought so.

Let's not be like Newcastle fans... surely we're better than that. The club needs its support NOW, much more than it did three months ago. How perverse that football fans stop being supportive in the very circumstances that it is required.

Pardew kept us up, safely, last year, and has accrued 32 points from 27 games this. Judge him in the round - it's no time to sack a man who has this club two wins from safety before March is here.

Jon_C-Pal
27-02-2016, 08:13 PM
We're f*cking AWFUL at the moment, but have y'all forgotten what words mean? It simply isn't MUST WIN. We have 32 points - not 22!

Again, if you're so certain we're going down, put half your mortgage on it (you can still get some decent odds, if you think it's a 'more than likely' possibility).

It's time for everyone to be supportive of the whole group. Are we fair-weather fans? You'd have thought so.

Let's not be like Newcastle fans... surely we're better than that. The club needs its support NOW, much more than it did three months ago. How perverse that football fans stop being supportive in the very circumstances that it is required.

Pardew kept us up, safely, last year, and has accrued 32 points from 27 games this. Judge him in the round - it's no time to sack a man who has this club two wins from safety before March is here.
Its a must win for Pardew. 11 games without a win is more than enough to lose your job. Things WILL NOT get better under him, the players arent interested in playing for him. No coming back from that. If Parish doesnt sack him he will only have himself to blame when hes trying to run a club on a championship budget.

Seanee Pawnee
27-02-2016, 08:14 PM
It is, but we ain't gunna unfortch
A lot of the players looked shagged out after an hour of play?
Dland must be licking their lips at the prospect of playing us on tues and depending on how liverpool do tomoz I'm sure even they'll be confident of a result.
So its looking like make or break games against norwich n newx...

firesign
27-02-2016, 08:15 PM

This

HorleyStu
27-02-2016, 08:16 PM
If we need anything from last game of the season, then we're doomed. Away to Southampton..

Seanee Pawnee
27-02-2016, 08:17 PM
Its a must win for Pardew. 11 games without a win is more than enough to lose your job. Things WILL NOT get better under him, the players arent interested in playing for him. No coming back from that. If Parish doesnt sack him he will only have himself to blame when hes trying to run a club on a championship budget.

Surely its too late to try and get someone in to steady the ship now?
He's done good for us up to Dec so let's get sako and some midfielders back and hope other results go our way...
No spending in Jan and getting rid of Murray is really starting to haunt us now!

st albans
27-02-2016, 08:20 PM
Not saying we will go down if we lose; but we will be firmly placed in relegation battle.
Win is needed. For pardew, for the players, for our mental health.

maybe it's not a bad thing then. The sooner Pardew realises we are in a relegation battle the better. i don't know if it's an ego thing with him, that after the great start, he doesn't feel like admitting we're in trouble, but maybe another shite defeat isn't the end of the world. Anyway, we all know we'll beat Liverpool, Everton, Arsenal and Utd in the run in to finish mid table

st albans
27-02-2016, 08:21 PM
getting rid of Murray is really starting to haunt us now!

no, it's really really not

nomad
I have never been a fan of Pardew either as a player but particularly as a manager but by and large I have kept quiet during the good times and generally when we were struggling. However, I think he has been found out as tactically inept and his transfer spending has been laughable with only that clown Adebayor coming in. To let three goals in against a side who normally grind out 1-0 wind is inexcusable. He always blames everyone else but himself when we lose but when we win it is all down to him. No doubt I will get abuse for my comments but I am convinced I am right.

st albans
If we need anything from last game of the season, then we're doomed. Away to Southampton..

who will have zero to play for

st albans
27-02-2016, 08:23 PM

problem is Pardew doesn't set up to not lose games.....

carter
27-02-2016, 08:26 PM
We need Bolasie to have the game he did there last year (very unlikely) and Wickham to really stick the knife in to his old team (likely). What we really need though is for our defensive shape to come back and for certain players to roll up their ******* socks and get us out of this shit! We DO have a good team! We just have a poor manager, currently, who can get better if he starts to learn.

COYFP YOU'RE KILLING ME! 8 MORE POINTS

Kylie_Tracey
27-02-2016, 08:38 PM
knowing our luck Dafoe will score a double hatrick

SeanPalace84
27-02-2016, 08:56 PM
We will lose and stay up I reckon.

willcpfc
27-02-2016, 08:56 PM
Sunderland are the last game in the "easy" run we have failed to get anything out of.

From here on in, it gets tough. We are teetering on the edge of the bottom half dogfight.

JAS78
27-02-2016, 09:08 PM
We will lose and stay up I reckon.

TBH I can't wait for the so called 'unwinnable' fixtures. I think we'll win some games.

red&blue_moomin
27-02-2016, 09:13 PM
Sunderland are the last game in the "easy" run we have failed to get anything out of.

From here on in, it gets tough. We are teetering on the edge of the bottom half dogfight.

We have an eight point gap and we have to play Norwich Newcastle and Sunderland

Nugg
27-02-2016, 09:16 PM
Don't have to win. Just not lose. A few draws would see us Ok I reckon.

Need to stay in the game for an hour or so. Then see what we can do when the home side come out. Cannot keep chasing games and having to play so open. Can't see Pardew doing it tho. What would we give for a Pulis transfer til end of season?

SeanPalace84
27-02-2016, 09:16 PM
TBH I can't wait for the so called 'unwinnable' fixtures. I think we'll win some games.

That's what will happen in my opinion, the Palace way.

Joe85
27-02-2016, 09:22 PM
I think it's been said a lot but once again it is patently clear just how much we rely on a Bolasie and just how weak this squad is.

Pards is alright. We'd be mad to sack him, I think.

We need a stronger transfer policy, maybe a Director of football with some knowledge of the continental market and not just going after top scorers we ha e no hope of signing. Shopping around the Premier League unwanted bin is catching up with us.

Thefunkymonk
27-02-2016, 09:34 PM
Yep. Must win. Simple as that. We are lucky the Likes of Sunderland Norwich and villa keep losing. Pathetic we are in this situation considering where we were

Yoda
27-02-2016, 09:37 PM
Saw quite a lot of their match on the telly today and they weren't bad. In some ways unlucky to get nothing from it.

They aren't going to be a push over at all on Tuesday.

sl6 Eagle
27-02-2016, 09:37 PM
Pardew always loses to Sunderland and Allardyce.

New LP
27-02-2016, 09:38 PM
Of course it isn't but we are getting into squeeky bum territory if we lose again.

Gollum
27-02-2016, 09:39 PM
Thank God we've got Liverpool soon....

CharlieCPFC
27-02-2016, 09:47 PM
On the train home, I just can't seriously work this team out.

The one and only positive is Mutch is starting to look a really good player. Wickham also looked good today, hopefully he goes on a goal scoring run. Other than that, wank.

the drexciyan
27-02-2016, 09:48 PM

This for me. We get points in all 3 of these games and we stay up.

How the fck did it come to this after the end of last year?

SeanPalace84
27-02-2016, 09:53 PM
Thank God we've got Liverpool soon....

I thought this earlier, we love Liverpool.

Excowboy
27-02-2016, 09:54 PM
It's not a must win, but it's a huge game.

Win and we're in touching distance of safety.
Lose and we'll be dangerously close to the real relegation battle.
Draw and we'll stay nine points ahead of Sunderland but with big pressure on for the Norwich game.

grand aigle
27-02-2016, 10:04 PM
We will lose and stay up on goal difference.

Not the way we are leaking goals at present we won't!

RAB
27-02-2016, 10:07 PM
Pardew always loses to Sunderland and Allardyce.

"I never fancy my chances against a Sam Allardyce team, he's got a knowledge and a respect from me that I will take into the game," said Pardew.
This was Pardew last November before the home match with Sunderland.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11706/10075288/alan-pardew-wary-of-big-sam-factor-as-crystal-palace-host-sunderland

We're only just fans on the BBS but an awful lot of us can see that Wickham and Adebayor is wrong.

Eleven games to go and perhaps luckily only five of them at Selhurst, (happy hunting ground for visiting teams).

Three points from the last ten games and with that form will see us get another three points from the remainder. Maybe 35 points will be enough to stay up.

west eagle
27-02-2016, 10:09 PM
don't know if you caught the west ham game today, but sunderland were the better team, not quite sure how they lost?.
seen their last two games and they look a good side with lot of decent players

WashDCEagle
27-02-2016, 10:10 PM
WBA was a must-win. That fear you feel about Sunderland wouldn't be there had Palace done the business today. They've put themselves in a very difficult position. Sunderland will be looking at this match like it's a World Cup Final. Palace aren't ready to deal with that. I'd be pleased with a point... at least it means Sunderland didn't get 3 points. Just hope Newcastle doesn't start winning.

Excowboy
27-02-2016, 10:13 PM
WBA was a must-win. That fear you feel about Sunderland wouldn't be there had Palace done the business today. They've put themselves in a very difficult position. Sunderland will be looking at this match like it's a World Cup Final. Palace aren't ready to deal with that. I'd be pleased with a point... at least it means Sunderland didn't get 3 points. Just hope Newcastle doesn't start winning.

What exactly do you mean by 'a must-win?'

Hector
27-02-2016, 10:14 PM
It isn't but the more we lose the sooner the must win games come. I think we won't win until the Norwich game and imagine the pressure going into that one.

firstgame63cpfc
27-02-2016, 10:16 PM
I,m just gonna sit back, have another beer and chillout.
We are not going down.
I blame the EU for some of you lot, get a backbone and stop being so feeble.

Mr Bo Jangles
27-02-2016, 10:22 PM
If he starts again with Adebayor and Wickham up front together we're doomed After today I won't be disappointed if I never see Adebayor in a Palace shirt again. Sadly he is turning out to be everything I feared. Disinterested and lacking effort today.

burgess hill 84
27-02-2016, 10:30 PM
If we lose on Tuesday , he must either walk or be sacked.

RAB
27-02-2016, 10:39 PM
If we lose on Tuesday , he must either walk or be sacked.

Unlikely.

The Club is in the quarter finals of the FA Cup and there is a safety buffer from relegation at the moment.

However if the buffer closes and Palace get sucked into the relegation battle proper, even if the team progresses in the Cup, the heat will really be on.

The tell-tale sign to any manager's demise is if the 'manager has 'lost' the dressing room' media story surfaces.

willcpfc
27-02-2016, 10:44 PM
We have an eight point gap and we have to play Norwich Newcastle and Sunderland

We do - all of which will have something to fight for.

CheeseRolls
27-02-2016, 10:48 PM
How are we even in this situation? We were FIFTH when the window opened. Disgraceful.

FourtyTwo
27-02-2016, 10:50 PM
I don't think it is must win in terms of relegation or otherwise, but I certainly feel it is must win in terms of confidence. I am hoping they go into the game more up for it due to just failing to come back today, and that should drive us on early doors - but you could see today the confidence draining after each goal, with no-one having a positive impact.

A league win will do wonders for the team, and hopefully we'll get it this week!

elgin eagle
27-02-2016, 10:54 PM

The players looked pretty interested in playing for someone or themselves in that second half. But for a fair/not blind ref, we would have not lost that and possibly won it.

Once Bolasie is fit we will have a chance to win any of the last 11 matches.

grand aigle
27-02-2016, 11:01 PM
After today I won't be disappointed if I never see Adebayor in a Palace shirt again. Sadly he is turning out to be everything I feared. Disinterested and lacking effort today.

He didn't look remotely interested just as we were warned!!

orp pisshead1
27-02-2016, 11:26 PM
Pardew can't get it that tactically wrong again, I'm sure he's learnt his lesson (pray)

Said that vs Swansea n Watford....

audreytatou
27-02-2016, 11:43 PM
Sunderland is a 6 pointer if ever there was one.

Danny boy
27-02-2016, 11:54 PM
How are we even in this situation? We were FIFTH when the window opened. Disgraceful.

Complacency from the board has not helped IMO

Duffle Coat
27-02-2016, 11:57 PM
We really, really need to win. Which is f*cking unfortunate because Khazri and Defoe are looking quite good at the minute.

Defoe missed a few today. That, at least, is a crumb, only one, but a crumb nonetheless, of comfort.

For Paranoias
28-02-2016, 08:21 AM
It is, but we ain't gunna unfortch
A lot of the players looked shagged out after an hour of play?
Dland must be licking their lips at the prospect of playing us on tues and depending on how liverpool do tomoz I'm sure even they'll be confident of a result.
So its looking like make or break games against norwich n newx...

Could you re-post in English please.

Joe1905
28-02-2016, 08:25 AM
It is not a must win a point is better for us than them

Sleeping Giant
28-02-2016, 08:26 AM
We must not lose this. AP probably doesn't know whether to stick or twist now. We haven't got room for many more poor decisions.

RazorsEdge
28-02-2016, 08:31 AM
This. I'm starting to think Pardew is plain stupid.

Pardew is the manager who kept Mascarenho and Tevez on bench whilst at West Ham.....

I sometimes wonder if Pardew has a problem admitting he made a mistake and trouble doing something about it.....