PDA

View Full Version : CaJedley

The Vicar
06-03-2016, 08:23 PM
Cabaye, Jedi, Ledley. The way forward for the rest of the season in centre midfield if McArthur is out, IMHO.

I wouldn't even bring Punch back into the mix if he is available.

CaJedley gives us some solidity in midfield, and makes us much harder to beat than a midfield including any of Mutch, Lee and even Puncheon.

It worked today like a dream until Cabaye came off.

Discuss.

maestro
06-03-2016, 08:25 PM
I agree I liked it

Think it will work at home but not sure away from home, I like the 451 better away

dweedman
06-03-2016, 08:25 PM
I agree.

Reg_Maudling
06-03-2016, 08:26 PM
i liked it but we played 4-3-3 with it more than 4-5-1

Stavros 69
06-03-2016, 08:38 PM
Until punch is back and back up to full fitness

beef
06-03-2016, 08:41 PM
It was the most solid we've looked in ages. So another vote from me.

TopKnot
06-03-2016, 08:58 PM
What happens when cabaye has to go off because he's knackered. He's only completed 90 mins twice in the last 8 league games.

maestro
06-03-2016, 08:59 PM
What happens when cabaye has to go off because he's knackered. He's only completed 90 mins twice in the last 8 league games.

Tell him to man up for once

Played well today but fed up of seeing him wanting to be subbed after 70 minutes

jamieb73
06-03-2016, 09:05 PM
And he never acknowledges the crowd who clap him off, arrogant twat...bit like his manager

Thefunkymonk
06-03-2016, 09:06 PM
Not sure. It worked well today as Liverpool play very narrow.. Plus Ledley was actually playing left mid until the sending off.

TouchyAndalou
06-03-2016, 09:11 PM
I think yes. Jedi's best performances last season were as a part of McJedley; he needs support around him so he doesn't have to chase opponents around or get too ambitious with his passing.

Chas
06-03-2016, 10:33 PM
Why Cabaye hasn't been in the attacking midfield position all season long is baffling to me. Do we really think that the cost of having McJedLey handle defensive responsibilities isn't easily outweighed by the benefit of having a superstar on the attack?

First impressions are important, and the first time I saw Cabaye move into the hole, he scored vs. Norwich.

Let him be our #10.

Thefunkymonk
06-03-2016, 10:35 PM
Why Cabaye hasn't been in the attacking midfield position all season long is baffling to me. Do we really think that the cost of having McJedLey handle defensive responsibilities isn't easily outweighed by the benefit of having a superstar on the attack?

First impressions are important, and the first time I saw Cabaye move into the hole, he scored vs. Norwich.

Let him be our #10.

He didn't play number 10.. He played next to Jedi.. Ledley played left mid today. We played a kinda 4-4-2

Jim Cannon
06-03-2016, 10:38 PM
When Punch is fit he will play.

st albans
06-03-2016, 10:47 PM

Let him be our #10.

He doesn't have to play the number 10 role to make late surges in to the box..

N
06-03-2016, 11:09 PM
Cabaye, needs some frogs legs,to get forward.

Twilko
06-03-2016, 11:40 PM
I'm guessing the rumour about Ledley getting red carded in the tunnel was a load of rubbish? Can't find any mention of it now.

We looked much better with these three on the pitch.

Kidofwonder
06-03-2016, 11:44 PM
I'm against it in an ideal world as you wouldn't need two players to do the job of one (in terms of Ledley and Jedinak) however, I think for now we don't have the depth to make another choice.

PhuketEagle
07-03-2016, 05:59 AM
Could always start with someone like Mutch & swap him for Cabaye after 30 mins; then @ least he could see out the game when we most need him.

IanH
07-03-2016, 06:36 AM
Cabaye, Jedi, Ledley. The way forward for the rest of the season in centre midfield if McArthur is out, IMHO.

I wouldn't even bring Punch back into the mix if he is available.

CaJedley gives us some solidity in midfield, and makes us much harder to beat than a midfield including any of Mutch, Lee and even Puncheon.

It worked today like a dream until Cabaye came off.

Discuss.

He needed to play these three in midfield much earlier on in this bad run in my opinion. We looked much better with those three together in the team. Plus Boateng on the bench to bring on if one of them gets injured or tires. Mutch is too attacking and not a good enough defensive midfielder to be a like for like replacement. Pardew needs to go against the grain and grind out a couple of backs to the wall results like Pulis does.

The Vicar
07-03-2016, 01:16 PM
He needed to play these three in midfield much earlier on in this bad run in my opinion. We looked much better with those three together in the team. Plus Boateng on the bench to bring on if one of them gets injured or tires. Mutch is too attacking and not a good enough defensive midfielder to be a like for like replacement.

Spot on. My long term view of Pardew will be based on whether he understands the above and CaJedley is in the starting XI for the rest of the season, with Boateng, as you say, ready to come on if there are injuries or one of them tires. Such an approach I believe will make us safe...barring any other key injuries of course.

Thanet Eagle
07-03-2016, 01:55 PM
And he never acknowledges the crowd who clap him off, arrogant twat...bit like his manager

Noticed that. The manager needs to remind him of this, shouldn't have too been there you go.

PauLo
07-03-2016, 02:05 PM

HOW VERY DARE HE. BOO HIM.

Johnny Byrne
07-03-2016, 02:07 PM
Spot on. My long term view of Pardew will be based on whether he understands the above and CaJedley is in the starting XI for the rest of the season, with Boateng, as you say, ready to come on if there are injuries or one of them tires. Such an approach I believe will make us safe...barring any other key injuries of course.

Agreed. We lost because we made 2 major cock ups. Until the slip, they bindippers were not going to score.