PDA

View Full Version : Wembley - east side

HRP
22-03-2016, 05:21 AM
Have we ever had the east side at Wembley before ? This was the old players tunnel side .

IanH
22-03-2016, 07:10 AM
I think we had a section at that end for the Mercantile Credit thing didn't we. Pretty sure we had the end opposite the tunnel for Man U, Everton, Leicester and Sheff Utd.

Chocky
24-03-2016, 02:36 PM
The only time the West side was a sea of red and blue was when Barcelona were there for the European Cup Final in 1992. I was in the corner of that end, looking at the colours and dreamt it was us. The opposition has a bald chap playing for them called Lombardo. If someone had said then he would be playing for us 6 years later and even manage us for a minute or two....

WLYWLYAWYPWF
24-03-2016, 02:58 PM
I think we had a section at that end for the Mercantile Credit thing didn't we. Pretty sure we had the end opposite the tunnel for Man U, Everton, Leicester and Sheff Utd.

We had our little trivial pursuit wedge that day. Next to Leeds on one side I think? Was a let down in the end but had to be there because I honestly believed it might be the only time I ever got to see Palace play there. It goes to show how big a deal it was to play at Wembley then as I remember the players being a bit overrawed and Phil Barber bottling his penalty even though it was a completely meaningless tournament.

3 Beers at HT
24-03-2016, 03:13 PM
Pretty sure after we were knocked out in the afternoon, a load of Palace went across a couple of sections to support Forest who were playing in the QF's at the end of the day.