PDA

View Full Version : Running the London Marathon before going to Wembley

Adie
23-03-2016, 08:54 PM
Wondering how many others are doing the London Marathon on 24/04/16 and then planning on going to the FA Cup semi final at Wembley.

I am aiming to do a sub 4 hour marathon so time wise it is feasible. Whether my legs can handle standing on a packed tube and then all the steps at Wembley then doing it all again after the match is another matter.

What are other marathon runners planning to do?

Langers
23-03-2016, 10:24 PM
I'm hoping to get on the beers at 11am and complete my marathon just before kick off - I reckon just over 4 hours of drinking. Like you Adie, I'm not sure whether I will be able to handle the steps at Wembley :)

saxoneagle
24-03-2016, 11:40 AM
Wondering how many others are doing the London Marathon on 24/04/16 and then planning on going to the FA Cup semi final at Wembley.

I am aiming to do a sub 4 hour marathon so time wise it is feasible. Whether my legs can handle standing on a packed tube and then all the steps at Wembley then doing it all again after the match is another matter.

What are other marathon runners planning to do?

You're crazy, but good luck with both endeavours!

eagles #1
24-03-2016, 11:46 AM
I'm hoping to get on the beers at 11am and complete my marathon just before kick off - I reckon just over 4 hours of drinking. Like you Adie, I'm not sure whether I will be able to handle the steps at Wembley :)

:p

eagle mart
24-03-2016, 11:46 AM
I'm doing both.

I fly back from Costa Rica on the Friday - so have the added difficulty of acclimatising quickly. I'll be hoping to try and do it in 3:15. But it's all on the day... . I work in Holborn, and we have a gym membership in Covent Garden, so that will be my port of call to shower & change. Before dropping my stuff off at work.

I still think it’ll be difficult to get there the way I'll be feeling, but I’ll be taking my medal with me. And then in to block 112.

tonkers
26-03-2016, 11:32 AM
I am running it, decided to watch the game in the pub up London as I have people coming up to watch me run it.

If anyone feels my pain...

https://www.justgiving.com/ChrisTompkins

Shipsisourking
26-03-2016, 11:55 AM
Check this thread for others who are running

http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?p=12886398#post12886398

I'll be running and finishing about kick off time :)