PDA

View Full Version : South West EAGLES going to Wembley

Worzel Ron
06-05-2016, 05:34 PM
Coming back from the Semi-Final it was heartening to see so many Eagles Fans at the Services on the M4.

Managed to chat to one Fan who was going back to deepest Cornwall.

Somerset, Shepton Mallet Eagles have secured tickets for all Four of us.

So my question is how many other Cornwall, Devon, Dorset, Somerset & Wiltshire Eagles will be doing the same? :hi::hi:

gadford4th
06-05-2016, 05:36 PM
Does Twickenham count?

Worzel Ron
06-05-2016, 05:47 PM
Surely you need Eagle's Fans to fly the Flag away form London so we are not just a small club in the suburbs!

Most Eagle's Fans I've met in those Five Counties have had some connection to the Capital but moved away and now 2nd & 3rd generation Fans are coming back to Selhurst.

There are also other Posts on here regularly from Eagle's Fans across the whole of the UK.

PalaceOfVariety
06-05-2016, 05:48 PM
I now live in Warminster - Wiltshire. I'll be going up on the day to meet my brother-in-law and his son. We'll meet in Wetherspoons Bromley (Breakfast & pints) then off to a pub in Wembley stopping on the way at Victoria Station Wetherspoons. I'll stay over and drive home on Sunday, maybe Monday!!!

isindypub
06-05-2016, 06:12 PM
Plymouth based and ticket bought...

Nostrils
06-05-2016, 06:40 PM
I live in South Devon and will be travelling with my son. We go by train using a railcard as it usually only costs around 60 and I get to drink beer, either to numb the pain or elevate the joy. Oooh-aar!

The Duke
06-05-2016, 06:55 PM
I'd count Bristol as South West! Few of us coming from here ( search 'Bristol Palace' on Facebook ☺)

Stroud Eagle
06-05-2016, 07:01 PM
Gloucestershire is in the south west,so add 6 of us to the list.

N
06-05-2016, 07:11 PM
No way is Gloucestershire is south west.an hour from Birmingham and the Thames runs through the county.

ob13
06-05-2016, 07:16 PM
Hi Ron:hi: i have got mine sorted today,one of my brothers,my dad and my other brothers brother in law have all got tickets through a dorset fa contact.

i have spoken to Steve so i know you are both lower tier but what block are Mike and John in,do you know?

Benzhiyi
06-05-2016, 07:23 PM
Heading up from Peasedown, a little way west of Bath.

northwest eagle
06-05-2016, 07:24 PM
Couple of us coming up from Weymouth as long as the tickets get to phase 4

Nth Kent Eagle
06-05-2016, 08:58 PM
Good luck and best wishes to any Janners coming up.

JannerEagle
07-05-2016, 09:43 PM
Good luck and best wishes to any Janners coming up.

:p

chisel
08-05-2016, 08:41 AM
Newton Abbot for me with ticket via Cider Bar

Nth Kent Eagle
08-05-2016, 12:39 PM
Ticket via Cider Bar?

Stroud Eagle
08-05-2016, 08:38 PM
No way is Gloucestershire is south west.an hour from Birmingham and the Thames runs through the county.

Have I got to tell everyone round here we are not in the south west then.

Stroud Eagle
08-05-2016, 08:43 PM

Try google You might learn something.

Palace Dan
08-05-2016, 08:46 PM

Well Kernow is only about 1/2 hour flight time from Heathrow so is St Blazey a suburb of London??

kingsway eagle
09-05-2016, 10:57 AM
two of going from glocestershire

Am Phibian
09-05-2016, 04:59 PM
Ticket via Cider Bar?

It's in the brewery right by Newton Abbot station. Don't think he'll make the train tbh :)

KolinkosNose
09-05-2016, 05:06 PM
I'm coming from Stroud, Glos. That's very much in the South West!

Nostrils
09-05-2016, 05:15 PM
It's in the brewery right by Newton Abbot station. Don't think he'll make the train tbh :)

That place is lethal, I had a couple of pints of rough when I was a mere whippersnapper and fell off my stool before finishing the second pint. Just had a look at some recent pictures and they've done it right up, it was a bit of a sh!thouse when I went there last.

chisel
09-05-2016, 07:48 PM

I meant stock for the train journey ??

chisel
09-05-2016, 07:52 PM
That place is lethal, I had a couple of pints of rough when I was a mere whippersnapper and fell off my stool before finishing the second pint. Just had a look at some recent pictures and they've done it right up, it was a bit of a sh!thouse when I went there last.

And yes it has been done up and taken over by a decent couple so all ok in there now but only for an hour ???

CPFC Town
09-05-2016, 08:14 PM
Making my way from Somerset :lux: :)

Bluewater eagle
10-05-2016, 07:09 AM
Coming up from combe Martin in north Devon picking my brother up from Burnham on sea Somerset on the way.

Brumie Allan
10-05-2016, 10:51 AM
Coming from south west Solihull does that count?

Worzel Ron
10-05-2016, 11:57 AM
Stroud Eagle, silly me!! I forgot to list Gloucestershire for the South West Eagles.

ob13, John & Mike in Block 549.

Bluewater Eagle, are U the group, Father & Sons, we have chatted to previously either at Selhurst or on the long journey home?

Palace Dan, I bet the Palace Fans in the South West of the Suburbs would love your vista in KERNOW!

It has always been difficult making contact with some of U Guys because there are 3 main ways out of the West Country.

Train; M5; or M3; & I know others also travel up over the weekend so don't return the same day.

Don't forget the transient Fans who are at Uni in the West Country & have an existing ST so still try & get back for matches.

Still it seems we will have a fair representation at Wembley.

BaldEagle96
10-05-2016, 03:03 PM
Came up from Callington, Cornwall for the 90 final and replay. Thankfully live a lot closer now.

Bluewater eagle
10-05-2016, 08:22 PM
Bluewater Eagle, are U the group, Father & Sons, we have chatted to previously either at Selhurst or on the long journey home?

No not me

cageyk
11-05-2016, 11:14 AM
Coming up from The Tamar Valley to Ickenham, then a really easy Metropolitan Line to Baker Street to meet up with my brother and nephew for a pint. Back to Wemberlee for the match.
Can't wait

N
12-05-2016, 08:00 PM
Coming from south west Solihull does that count?Hockley Heath counts. Done it today 50 mins to the Westcountry. Gloustershire Farm services.

Worzel Ron
13-05-2016, 01:42 PM
Bluewater Eagle, thanks for that. I have chatted to Eagle Fans from the Bude area in the past and when you chat to Fans from the S/W they tend to generalise about their location perhaps making the assumption that others would know a large town but not a smaller village location.

For example, I know there is a group of Fans in Bradnlnch which I was told was near Tiverton but is actually nearer Cullompton

6Shirt
13-05-2016, 01:50 PM
Two more from Stroud coming (well Brimscombe). I think it is more South midlands than south west, but seems to be categorised as SW.

shropfan
13-05-2016, 03:45 PM
My daughter and partner coming up from Bristol on the morning of game.

dazzag71
15-05-2016, 08:57 PM
Coming up from Honiton ,East Devon. Day out with family who aren't going to the football

croydonexile
16-05-2016, 10:07 AM
Coming up from Deepest darkest Cornwall (Hayle) on Friday by train. Tickets and beers already purchased !!

croydonexile
16-05-2016, 10:09 AM
Stroud Eagle, silly me!! I forgot to list Gloucestershire for the South West Eagles.

Palace Dan, I bet the Palace Fans in the South West of the Suburbs would love your vista in KERNOW!

It has always been difficult making contact with some of U Guys because there are 3 main ways out of the West Country.

Train; M5; or M3; & I know others also travel up over the weekend so don't return the same day.

Don't forget the transient Fans who are at Uni in the West Country & have an existing ST so still try & get back for matches.

You've forgotten the A303 fella !!

RON GADD
16-05-2016, 11:13 AM
You've forgotten the A303 fella !!

No I've posted so often in the past showing the journey us Eagles from Bridgwater, Dorset, Westbury & Shepton Mallet make so on this occasion I wanted to show the THREE main ways into Selhurst from the West Country.

Because that is one reason our paths don't cross to often.

Anyway we've all got our tickets now so looking forward to Saturday.
(at least I saw Five Goals at Saints yesterday!!!).:sob:

croydonexile
16-05-2016, 12:53 PM
No I've posted so often in the past showing the journey us Eagles from Bridgwater, Dorset, Westbury & Shepton Mallet make so on this occasion I wanted to show the THREE main ways into Selhurst from the West Country.

Because that is one reason our paths don't cross to often.

Anyway we've all got our tickets now so looking forward to Saturday.
(at least I saw Five Goals at Saints yesterday!!!).:sob:

Me and a few others in Cornwall generally join the A303 after Exeter and follow it all the way up to Andover. Not Friday though as I'm letting the train take the strain !

RON GADD
17-05-2016, 05:17 PM
Me and a few others in Cornwall generally join the A303 after Exeter and follow it all the way up to Andover. Not Friday though as I'm letting the train take the strain !

We join the A303 @ Stonehenge.

So A303/ M3/ then A3 into Morden & across to Selhurst from there.

We don't use the train because the nearest main line station to us is over 20 miles away & generally at least 3 of us travel together so it's a bit cheaper.

For Wembley it's A303/M3/M25/M4 and up to Hanger Lane, Nth Circ.
On the way back we will stay on the M4 & return via Bath as at that time of night it should be easy thru the City.

Starting to get EXCITED now!!!

sherstonpalace
18-05-2016, 09:19 AM
Will be joining the M4 at Junction 17 ....does that count as South West?

tomario
18-05-2016, 09:50 AM
Originally from Dartmouth but live in London now but will be at the final

Glaws Eagle
18-05-2016, 11:51 AM

Always amazes me when I go to Stroud how many Palace shirts I see.

law
18-05-2016, 01:45 PM
Coming from the Lizard - a 617 mile round trip - Manchester is a 404 mile round trip.

HOVE EAGLE
18-05-2016, 01:55 PM
Despite user name coming from Gloucester
Driving this time but usually take the train to palace staying overnight in Croydon will meet up with family and friends to go to Wembley

Glaws Eagle
18-05-2016, 03:16 PM
Despite user name coming from Gloucester
Driving this time but usually take the train to palace staying overnight in Croydon will meet up with family and friends to go to Wembley

And what a fine upstanding City Gloucester is .... such pleasant areas such as Coney Hill, Podsmead, Matson and Robinswood.

I miss it though

western eagle
18-05-2016, 06:24 PM
Me & my son travelling from Bath by train. COYP.

anti-addick
19-05-2016, 07:16 AM
I'm going from central Gloucestershire with my 2 daughters and looking to lift share. Either that's by me driving or not. Please post or pm.

I'm at work so will trawl this thread for liftshares and meeting points later.

anti-addick
19-05-2016, 07:17 AM
Always amazes me when I go to Stroud how many Palace shirts I see.

Lol that's because my cousins are there and have converted a few of their mates ;)

anti-addick
19-05-2016, 07:19 AM

Yes, and you could be a viable lift share. I usually join at 18, but 17 is little difference.

I live in Charfield, nr Wotton u edge

sherstonpalace
19-05-2016, 07:38 AM
Yes, and you could be a viable lift share. I usually join at 18, but 17 is little difference.

I live in Charfield, nr Wotton u edge

Wotton 'der Edge! I know the Electric Picture House very well.
I haven't finalized my plans for Saturday yet - may be leaving very early and seeing my parents in south London in the morning, but will let you know.

anti-addick
19-05-2016, 09:08 AM
OK cool. I have 3 already, so two spaces, but only 1 in comfort. I can drive or cadge a lift.

When will you know? Tbh with that in mind I'll just carry on for a lift share.

Willing to go via Stroud as I'd be in convoy with Stroud Eagle.

anti-addick
19-05-2016, 09:13 AM
Two more from Stroud coming (well Brimscombe). I think it is more South midlands than south west, but seems to be categorised as SW.

**** off! Just because you can get "Midlands Today" doesn't make you a brummie! :D

GloverUK
19-05-2016, 09:15 AM
Another from Warminster in Wiltshire. Can't wait

Golf Boy
19-05-2016, 09:16 AM

Anything west of Slough is bumpkin country if you ask a Londoner.

Golf Boy
19-05-2016, 09:20 AM

That's the first time i've heard Brimscombe described as Midlands. FWIW a lot of us Palace played for Brimscombe football club for years.

sherstonpalace
19-05-2016, 10:12 AM
OK cool. I have 3 already, so two spaces, but only 1 in comfort. I can drive or cadge a lift.

When will you know? Tbh with that in mind I'll just carry on for a lift share.

Willing to go via Stroud as I'd be in convoy with Stroud Eagle.

TBH it would be a bit cramped because I'm in a two-seater convertible and I'm meeting a friend at Gerrards Cross and taking the train in from there (which we did for the semi - worked very well). So probably best to go independently. But when's the Stroud convoy setting out?

anti-addick
19-05-2016, 12:08 PM
Not sure yet but will let you know. Convoy =2 cars ATM lol Will be from Cashes Green area, but I may just meet them at a service station instead. Will post.

Worzel Ron
19-05-2016, 06:40 PM

Junc 17 M4 is in Wilts & is virtually due North of Stonehenge. So youse in the West Country.

Did U know that Shrewton the nearest village to Stonehenge where us Dorset, Somerset & Westbury Eagles meet to Car Share is only TWO Hours from Selhurst!

KolinkosNose
20-05-2016, 04:04 PM
Cashes Green! I will be travelling in from Ebley!

sherstonpalace
21-05-2016, 09:34 AM
Not sure yet but will let you know. Convoy =2 cars ATM lol Will be from Cashes Green area, but I may just meet them at a service station instead. Will post.

May see you on the M4. Good luck to all.

Away
21-05-2016, 09:37 AM
On the 11.35 train from Stroud. Bit worried about extra time or well winning as I'll miss the last train

Worzel Ron
25-05-2016, 06:56 PM
Well all you W/C Eagles ? GUTTED?!!!!
Hope U all had safe journeys home.

Anyway Pards has raised the bar for the coming seasons?!!!!!

So lets look forward to June 15th FIXTURES released.

August 13th weekend START of the new Season.

(Whose Match will be on the Friday Night First?)

Nostrils
25-05-2016, 07:06 PM
Easy journey on the train early Sunday and had one of those 'How haven't I got a hangover?' days. Hope our Friday night match (if we get one) is at Selhurst. As my mum says, it wasn't meant to be. She always says that!