PDA

View Full Version : Ticketless Wembley experience

Kiraly_legend
15-05-2016, 09:23 AM
Hey folks

I'm still incredibly gutted I won't be going to Wembley. My family and friends are all going but unfortunately my ticket fell through.

I think half of the fun of these big days out is the build up and atmosphere and instead of moping at home would rather be drinking with the fans at baker street and walking down Wembley way.

Is anyone doing the same and is there a place near Wembley that sorry Palace fans like myself will be watching? Would be great if a location/pub could be organised - suggestions appreciated

Cheers :p

may9132
15-05-2016, 09:36 AM
I am in the same situation!

What is the best place to go!?

Kiraly_legend
15-05-2016, 09:47 AM
Well these are the bars suggested for palace fans - will pick one

Pub and bar information (Unconfirmed)

Crystal Palace (West Side/Wembley Central)
Blue Room, Flannery’s Bar, J.J. Moon’s, Masti, Moore Spice (1966), Powerleague, Station 31, The Arch, The Copper Jug, The Corner House, The Fusilier, The Green Man, The Liquor Station, Thirsty Eddie’s

racehorse-80s
15-05-2016, 09:57 AM
Gutted for you mate but don't give up hope .

phil19750
15-05-2016, 11:09 AM
The Green Man is good; particularly if the weather is nice.

It's been allocated as a palace pub by the old bill.

Nevertheless, I hope you find a ticket.

BaldEagle96
16-05-2016, 07:33 AM
The Green Man is good; particularly if the weather is nice.

It was excellent pre-match for the play off final and hopefully will be just as good come Saturday, but no idea what it would be like whilst the game is on.

scro
16-05-2016, 07:53 AM
If you are doing this then i would be tempted to hang around until the game starts and see what the touts have left. There will be lots about and no doubt they will be keen to offload the tickets after kick off.

You might pick one up for closer to face value. Could even risk watching locally and trying again at half time if they still want loads.

Am Phibian
16-05-2016, 08:12 AM
Touts were giving away Live Aid tickets for a fiver back in '85 once it had all started. Supply and demand innit.

mb23
16-05-2016, 08:24 AM
They're showing it at Selhurst Park, on the big screen I think. 5 entry plus a free drink I believe.

EDIT: Sorry, realised you wanted a pub near Wembley so I guess this doesn't help. But could be an alternative...

Granada allover
16-05-2016, 08:30 AM
In the same boat, kiraly. Working in London all week then scheduled to head home to St Helens on Friday. Am tempted to stay over one more night and head up to a pub just outside Wembley. I missed 1990 because of work. This is just a bit too hard to bear.

Kiraly_legend
16-05-2016, 09:10 AM
I think it might be the plan to see what is knocking about after kick off.

Cheers for info on Green Man Phil. Will probably head there!

phil19750
16-05-2016, 09:16 AM

Give me a shout mate I'll get you a pint.

mott eagle
16-05-2016, 09:43 AM
Hey folks

I'm still incredibly gutted I won't be going to Wembley. My family and friends are all going but unfortunately my ticket fell through.

I think half of the fun of these big days out is the build up and atmosphere and instead of moping at home would rather be drinking with the fans at baker street and walking down Wembley way.

Is anyone doing the same and is there a place near Wembley that sorry Palace fans like myself will be watching? Would be great if a location/pub could be organised - suggestions appreciated

Go up to Wembley if a ticket becomes available you'll be on it
I'm sure one will 28000/1 chance

disco mixx kidd
16-05-2016, 12:50 PM

there.were.spares.going.in.boozer.b4.semi.lastminu te.cancellations.etc

CPFC since 1989
16-05-2016, 02:05 PM
Touts were giving away Live Aid tickets for a fiver back in '85 once it had all started. Supply and demand innit.

I've been at Wembley for NFL matches where touts sell for 20 and the original tickets are in the 40+ region.

Could there be a few after kick off going for quite cheap? Who knows.

dave_who_ru
16-05-2016, 02:24 PM
I ended up with two spare tickets for the 1990 final and had to get rid of them on the day. So I headed to the Duke of York opposite Victoria Station and decided to listen out for anyone who didn't have a ticket. Eventually I overheard someone and whispered that I might have a spare ticket. By the time I got him outside the pub the secret was out and I was surrounded by several guys begging me for a ticket.

I did the honourable thing and sold them to the original guy despite others offering more money. I made a couple of quid on each one which would have been what the guy offered me.

So you never know you might be lucky if you turn up at the pubs in Baker Street and then Wembley.

BaldEagle96
16-05-2016, 02:44 PM
With so many people in the Green Man pub there may well be the odd one going spare. Time to walk round and round the gardens saying in a soft voice (any spare tickets) until you either get beaten up (as a tout) or thrown out (as a tout). :)

modernsouler
16-05-2016, 04:49 PM
At the 1990 cup final I had a mate who was skint and could not afford the price of a train ticket let alone a cup final ticket. He bought a platform ticket at East Croydon for 10p and managed to get to Victoria get drunk in the pub, then get to Wembley where he was bundled through the turnstiles and then shared my seat that I had queued up for about 10hours to get.

Sadly I have not seen him since that day.

phil19750
16-05-2016, 06:11 PM
At the 1990 cup final I had a mate who was skint and could not afford the price of a train ticket let alone a cup final ticket. He bought a platform ticket at East Croydon for 10p and managed to get to Victoria get drunk in the pub, then get to Wembley where he was bundled through the turnstiles and then shared my seat that I had queued up for about 10hours to get.

Sadly I have not seen him since that day.

Haha superb!

There are some jammy barstewards around.

sl6 Eagle
16-05-2016, 07:22 PM
I am fortunate enough to have a ticket but my two mates I'm going up with are ticketless. We are heading to the Green Man in the hope they can get a ticket, if not they'll watch it in the pub as I'm sure they'll be other Palace fans in the same position. Then we can celebrate when we've won the thing!!! Good luck in getting a ticket.

Kiraly_legend
16-05-2016, 09:28 PM
I'll see them in the green man then! Will be a good crowd in there hah

Uncle Neal
16-05-2016, 10:33 PM
Kirsty - I read on another post that they might not be showing the game under advice from the old bill.

Hopefully, you will get a ticket in any case.

Good luck

Kiraly_legend
17-05-2016, 08:08 AM
Thanks. I'm sure I'll find somewhere nearby :p

Kirsty is a new one for me!

dannyb1
17-05-2016, 08:16 AM
The weather doesn't look good that day so I guess any touts might want to get done fairly quickly after KO so you might find yourself a decent priced ticket.

LDNEAGLE
17-05-2016, 08:33 AM
Hey folks

May well be joining you in this one.

mystery_man
17-05-2016, 09:41 AM
Me and a mate are also ticketless but will be heading to the Green Man for the duration - arriving about 3pm. If there are tickets going spare then great but just to be part of the atmosphere before and after will be great. I would expect a good crowd to still be at the pub for the match on the telly.

newgate22
17-05-2016, 10:20 AM
those going to the Green Man, beware that they will not be showing the game ..you've got to find another boozer to do this....unless of course you'll able to score a tix...try looking at pub list and ringing em

newgate22
17-05-2016, 10:22 AM
not in green man u wont

mystery_man
17-05-2016, 11:35 AM
Ah thanks for the heads up Newgate - wonder why that would be?? Anyone have any ideas about where to watch the match around Wembley (without a tickets obvs).

Kirby
17-05-2016, 11:52 AM
Plus they'll have stopped letting people in by 3pm.

I know Thirsty Eddies has a screen but the pub's quite small.

Check the first page of the pub thread and ring around.

Kiraly_legend
17-05-2016, 12:39 PM
Will make a few phone calls tomorrow to check where the game being shown nearby, and will let you know where I think is best. :p

mystery_man
17-05-2016, 01:02 PM
Will make a few phone calls tomorrow to check where the game being shown nearby, and will let you know where I think is best. :p

Good man - I'm with you.

Crofty
17-05-2016, 08:33 PM
Get down the Bird in Hand Forest Hill with the rest of us working / ticketless Palace...

newgate22
17-05-2016, 11:03 PM
Thirsty Eddies and O'Flatterys will both be showing match and are both in the high r.d. 10 mins walk from Green Man, most of those places on the list , struggle to speak english when you ring em...the 2 above appear more ready for it....

Kiraly_legend
18-05-2016, 08:38 AM
Thirsty Eddies and O'Flatterys will both be showing match and are both in the high r.d. 10 mins walk from Green Man, most of those places on the list , struggle to speak english when you ring em...the 2 above appear more ready for it....

Excellent stuff - Thirsty Eddie's it is!

Will see you stragglers shortly after 3pm (unless we somehow get tickets between now and the kick off. :p )

Here's a link (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Thirsty-Eddies/187673664582954) to their facebook page with how to get there etc

mystery_man
18-05-2016, 02:56 PM
Excellent stuff - Thirsty Eddie's it is!

Will see you stragglers shortly after 3pm (unless we somehow get tickets between now and the kick off. :p )

Here's a link (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Thirsty-Eddies/187673664582954) to their facebook page with how to get there etc

O Flannerys looks relatively nice too - will make a judgement call on the day I guess.

may9132
18-05-2016, 06:21 PM
excellent, top work guys thanks

Kiraly_legend
19-05-2016, 08:37 PM
Just got a ticket folks at face value. Wish everyone the best of luck

mystery_man
20-05-2016, 10:23 AM
Just got a ticket folks at face value. Wish everyone the best of luck

Nice one Kiraly - enjoy!

Think of me in the pub!

Fatboy
20-05-2016, 11:34 AM
What's the best pub in Carshalton to watch it ? Is there one that 'considers itself a Palace pub'.

Too many Chelsea wankers around some of them.

AddiscombeEagle
20-05-2016, 11:46 AM
Most round here all full of 'Chels' Melbourne in Wallington is probably best bet.

may9132
21-05-2016, 09:30 AM
Im travelling to Crystal Palace Park for London to Brighton Mini Run

Where is the best place for me to view - want as many palace around as possible!

HurstpierPalace
21-05-2016, 09:59 AM
Been unable to find a ticket but decided I'll head up anyway. Where's everyone without a ticket going?

scro
23-05-2016, 09:16 AM
Did anyone try the "pick up a ticket after ko" approach?

mystery_man
23-05-2016, 10:49 AM
No scro, nor did I see a tout at all. We settled in at Flannerys and stayed there for the duration, nice pub.

orp pisshead1
23-05-2016, 11:07 AM
No scro, nor did I see a tout at all. We settled in at Flannerys and stayed there for the duration, nice pub.

Few touts by Wembley Park tube station.
Many Palace in pub?.

Michaelawt85
23-05-2016, 05:43 PM
A few touts as u walked out of wembley park tube