16-05-2016, 10:11 AM
Where's delph

karl.eldridge
16-05-2016, 10:13 AM
Where's delph

Added.

SilentAssassin
Still feel Zaha could add something to that squad. Such a shame we had a poor 2nd half to the season or I do feel he would of been in contention!

JackTheBiscuit
delph !!!! FFS

tsunamiman
16-05-2016, 10:16 AM
Delph, Rashford and Wilshire are a joke.

How Rashford gets in ahead of Antonio, Defoe, Walcott and Andy Carroll is beyond me.

OneSize
16-05-2016, 10:17 AM
Only two wingers, one who has been out of form for most of the season and another that will get dropped from the 26. Very strange decisions.

Windsor_Eagle
16-05-2016, 10:17 AM
Delph the only WTF pick there really. I don't really see what Milner adds to the side either.

Battling quarter final exit on the horizon. Plus ça change.

Zulu84
16-05-2016, 10:20 AM
delph !!!! FFS

I know! how in the F is he in it? The amount of players that have been included that have hardly played this season is a joke. Henderson, Wilshire, delph...I mean what , Townsend has basically 3 good games and he's included??

West Dorset Exi
16-05-2016, 10:21 AM
Henderson, Milner, Delph, Sterling are very overrated players and should not be near the squad?

greybot
16-05-2016, 10:21 AM
Rashford over Carroll and Defoe?? Wtf is townsend doing in there before Antonio? And delph over Noble?? Ridiculous

CPFC_DAVE77
16-05-2016, 10:22 AM
Three CBs plus Dier.

sydney eagle
Wilshire plays a handful of minutes the whole season and walks straight back in...

CPFC_DAVE77
Rashford over Carroll and Defoe?? Wtf is townsend doing in there before Antonio? And delph over Noble?? Ridiculous

Rashford won't go unless one of the other four pick up an injury.

SilentAssassin
16-05-2016, 10:23 AM
I'm actually quite pleased for Rashford as well. I maybe alone but I'd rather see him in there over Defoe, Walcott and Carroll. He's got the knack of getting goals and will be an unknown to most in the Euros.

Townsend and Delph are the strange inclusions.

ebyeeckeagle
16-05-2016, 10:25 AM
Hopefully Delph will be cut too. Though actually, I have no problems with Rashford. Milner is a quality player, just not needed now in that midfield.

Zulu84
16-05-2016, 10:25 AM
I'm actually quite pleased for Rashford as well. I maybe alone but I'd rather see him in there over Defoe, Walcott and Carroll. He's got the knack of getting goals and will be an unknown to most in the Euros.

Townsend is the strange inclusion.

I do think Rashford has a big future in the game but right now Carroll would have offered us something different that we could have used. There just seems to be too many players that are the do the same thing....especially in midfield.

JackTheBiscuit
16-05-2016, 10:26 AM
Three CBs plus Dier.

And one of those is Stones who will get crucified

Al From Bromley
16-05-2016, 10:27 AM
Gary Lineker on Twitter "Bags of talented youngsters. Great experience for them." So that's the extent of England's ambition, giving youngsters a great experience? I don't support England but rather glad I don't if that's their approach.

Shamone
Townsend always plays well for England and has been good since he signed for Newcastle. Pleased for Rashford too as think he's actually decent. Rooney and Wiltshire should be replaced with the West Ham duo though no doubt.

Halftime Gold
Delph the only WTF pick there really. I don't really see what Milner adds to the side either.
Battling quarter final exit on the horizon. Plus ça change.

He plays for Liverpool.

Shamone
16-05-2016, 10:28 AM
And Delph for Zaha obviously

tsunamiman
16-05-2016, 10:31 AM
Milner add an intelligence to the game. Something the rest of the team severely lacks.

GB2506
16-05-2016, 10:33 AM
Delph, Rashford and Wilshire are a joke.

How Rashford gets in ahead of Antonio, Defoe, Walcott and Andy Carroll is beyond me.

Probably the 3 that wont make the final 23. Rashford has been selected to get him some experience with the squad before it gets trimmed down. Delph and Wiltshire are there for injury back ups.

eaglejez
16-05-2016, 10:38 AM
Gary Lineker on Twitter "Bags of talented youngsters. Great experience for them." So that's the extent of England's ambition, giving youngsters a great experience? I don't support England but rather glad I don't if that's their approach.

I always thought you were English

CarlosTheFinger
16-05-2016, 10:38 AM
Hopefully Delph will be cut too. Though actually, I have no problems with Rashford. Milner is a quality player, just not needed now in that midfield.

kl_dIxnUiqY

Halftime Gold
16-05-2016, 10:40 AM
I do think Rashford has a big future in the game but right now Carroll would have offered us something different that we could have used. There just seems to be too many players that are the do the same thing....especially in midfield.

Honestly though not sure I want England to have that option, defenders can offer the ability in the air from corners and England with a big striker tends to quickly devolve into hoofball.

I'm guessing all of the picked strikers might well go with the possibility Rooney plays in midfield.

CarlosTheFinger
16-05-2016, 10:41 AM
Milner add an intelligence to the game. Something the rest of the team severely lacks.

You are Ron Noades and I claim my £5.

eaglesincebirth
16-05-2016, 10:41 AM
Delph, Rashford should definitely be dropped. Not sure who the third to go will be. I'd think Townsend, but we don't really have any wide players so he may keep in.

I imagine Roy will play at least one if not two strikers as wingers. Sturridge/Vardy with Kane as the main man. No doubt he'll include Sterling in a starting line up even though he is shite.

Feel for Noble and Antonio who potentially should have been given a chance. Don't agree with Carroll though. European refs would penalise him for absolutely everything, so I'm not convinced he'd be a great addition.

Billyd
16-05-2016, 10:44 AM

Agree with this re Delph. Although ironically think he had ones of the best performances vs Palace this season.

He will be omited anyway, along with Rashford.

The rest of squad I agree with in general. How anyone can say Zaha is deserving of a call up when Antonio isnt is deluded.

karl.eldridge
16-05-2016, 10:46 AM
Hart
Rose Smalling Cahill Walker
Dier
Vardy Alli Drinkwater Sterling
Kane

or

Hart
Rose Smalling Stones Walker
Barkley Alli Dier Sterling
Vardy Kane

PalaceForever
16-05-2016, 10:46 AM
Delph choice is just bizarre.

Al From Bromley
16-05-2016, 10:48 AM
I always thought you were English

My dad was Scottish. To be honest when it comes to international football I just like watching the flair countries. Scotland never qualify for anything and England big up their chances only to invariably flop like a wet fish in the groups stages. I fancy Wales will give England a run for their money.

glaziers fan
16-05-2016, 10:52 AM
Wilshire plays a handful of minutes the whole season and walks straight back in...

Because when fit he is the best centre mid in the country. He can pass, tackle and run with it.

Wycombe Eagle#2
16-05-2016, 10:56 AM
😂 Rashford just for experience. So 10 minutes to go and you need to change things up when ur 1-0 down in the knockout phase. I know lets chuck Carroll on. Boss you didn't select him because you wanted to take the young boy Rashford just for experience. Oh ****😂

glaziers fan
16-05-2016, 10:59 AM
Probably the 3 that wont make the final 23. Rashford has been selected to get him some experience with the squad before it gets trimmed down. Delph and Wiltshire are there for injury back ups.

Drinkwater is back up for Wilshere who will hold if he proves his fitness, with Dier as understudy. Will we play a diamond or 4-2-3-1? That's the question. But for me Rooney, Wilshere and Alli are my first 3 picks for centre mid. My team:

------------------------------Hart-------------------------------
Clyne----------Smalling-------------Stones---------------Rose
-------------------Alli----------------Wilshere-------------------
----------------------------Rooney-------------------------------
--------Sturridge----------Kane--------------Vardy-------------

Very attacking, but we don't have any good central defenders so may as well go for it! Same personnel in a diamond formation:

------------------------------Hart-------------------------------
Clyne----------Smalling-------------Stones---------------Rose
----------------------------Wilshere------------------------------
----------------------Alli------------Rooney---------------------
------------------------------Kane--------------------------------
------------------Sturridge-----------Vardy-----------------------

Can see Dier coming off the bench to solidify centre mid in last 20 mins if leading. Townsend and Sterling off the bench out wide too.

Jordan's Jacket
16-05-2016, 11:03 AM
Henderson and Delph, indeed. Can only hope that they never actually get on the pitch

Zulu84
16-05-2016, 11:06 AM
Because when fit he is the best centre mid in the country. He can pass, tackle and run with it.

dont agree with that. I would pick Ali, Dier, Drinkwater, Noble all before a fit wilshire...I think even Milner is probably better right now.

no comment
16-05-2016, 11:07 AM
Townsend, Rashford and likely Delph to be cut. Unless Wilshere picks up another injury.

Hardly any defenders in there, a bit worrying.

CPFC_DAVE77
16-05-2016, 11:10 AM
And one of those is Stones who will get crucified

Unless you are starting Stones, which they won't, he shouldn't be going, as he's not one you have faith to throw into a high intensity game.

That said, the lack of CBs sort of dictates.

I'd have taken Dann - he's reliable. Stones is not.

CPFC_DAVE77
16-05-2016, 11:11 AM
Hart
Rose Smalling Cahill Walker
Dier
Vardy Alli Drinkwater Sterling
Kane

or

Hart
Rose Smalling Stones Walker
Barkley Alli Dier Sterling
Vardy Kane

I'd play Walker right back and Rose left back, personally. ;)

ChaceTheAce
16-05-2016, 11:12 AM
Anyone know when England numbers are out?

Want a Harry Kane shirt but don't know what number he's gunna be.

917L
16-05-2016, 11:14 AM
Delph and Wilshere are ridiculous selections

palaceboy112
16-05-2016, 11:17 AM
Is Baines injured? Or just not selected? I'd have him back up left back.

RazorsEdge
16-05-2016, 11:19 AM

Agreed

Wiltshire is so overrated

RazorsEdge
16-05-2016, 11:19 AM

Most probably 10 as looney will be 9

Vardy will be 19

Radders
16-05-2016, 11:23 AM
Whatever you think of him, if he's fit, Andy Carroll should go. You need a goal or to create a goal with 20 mins to go and throw him on to cause havoc.

eaglejez
16-05-2016, 11:24 AM
Agreed

He's a great player..............when fit

Jim's Cannon
16-05-2016, 11:25 AM

I think if you want to be sure you should just get "10 Rashford" now that we're using the England squad to give United youngsters experience.

Zulu84
16-05-2016, 11:31 AM
Whatever you think of him, if he's fit, Andy Carroll should go. You need a goal or to create a goal with 20 mins to go and throw him on to cause havoc.

Yup, 100% agree. He's exactly the type of player we need when a goal down or even defending a lead.

Zulu84
16-05-2016, 11:36 AM
Our CB options are a bit scary, looks to be by far the weakest part of this team. Smalling is really the only one showing form. Stones has been off all year and a bad Euros could do some real damage to his development. Cahill is who he is by now, not a world class player and prone to mistakes. Smalling is going to have to be huge for us if we are to stand any chance of a good showing.

Kai
16-05-2016, 11:38 AM
England will struggle to make it out of the group stage, but will probably scrape through only to be squarely beaten in the QFs.

pumaspalace
16-05-2016, 11:46 AM
England will struggle to make it out of the group stage, but will probably scrape through only to be squarely beaten in the QFs.

Might be wrong but don't 3 quailify from most groups? Would be pretty shocking if we don't get out the group! (Although I accept this is England so you never know)

Danny boy
16-05-2016, 11:47 AM

And put who in? He is probably one of the best English midfielders when he is fit.

CarlosTheFinger
16-05-2016, 11:53 AM
A lot of the criticism of the squad comes down to personal preference. The only major miss for me is Andy Carroll. Not sure who I would replace him with though.

CPFC_DAVE77
16-05-2016, 11:54 AM
Why would a Palace fan get an England shirt with a non Palace player on the back?

Unless you share the same surname I suppose.

CPFC_DAVE77
16-05-2016, 11:55 AM
And put who in? He is probably one of the best English midfielders when he is fit.

But he's never fit.

Billyd
16-05-2016, 11:56 AM

This is the thing. Looking at the other midfielders other than Dier they all like to play more advanced. Who realistically should be in instead of Dier and Wilshire in their positions?

Radders
16-05-2016, 11:56 AM
A lot of the criticism of the squad comes down to personal preference. The only major miss for me is Andy Carroll. Not sure who I would replace him with though.

Think you take out one of the midfielders (or even full backs) that are there for cover and not likely to play at all. Plenty of scope to get him in there if needed.

LLCOOLSTEVE
16-05-2016, 11:57 AM
People still doubt Milner?! He has had a great season plus can play in 2-3 positions if needed

CPFC_DAVE77
16-05-2016, 11:59 AM
People still doubt Milner?! He has had a great season plus can play in 2-3 positions if needed

Is one of them centre back?

the drexciyan
16-05-2016, 12:00 PM
Fabian Delph! FFS

ChaceTheAce
16-05-2016, 12:01 PM
Why would a Palace fan get an England shirt with a non Palace player on the back?

Unless you share the same surname I suppose.

Its not really to do with palace though. Of course, if there was a palace player in the squad, i'd get him without a doubt. I dunno. Just fancy it. Same reason why when I was growing up hundreds of football fans had Rooney/Lampard/Gerrard/Beckham on their shirt.

CPFC_DAVE77
16-05-2016, 12:03 PM
Its not really to do with palace though. Of course, if there was a palace player in the squad, i'd get him without a doubt. I dunno. Just fancy it. Same reason why when I was growing up hundreds of football fans had Rooney/Lampard/Gerrard/Beckham on their shirt.

I assumed they were Man Utd, Liverpool and Chelsea fans.

Anyway, who cares, it doesn't harm anyone - do what you want and enjoy the tournament :p

Although, maybe you should consider a Jonny Williams Welsh shirt or a French Cabaye shirt? :p

CPFC_DAVE77
16-05-2016, 12:04 PM
This is the thing. Looking at the other midfielders other than Dier they all like to play more advanced. Who realistically should be in instead of Dier and Wilshire in their positions?

If Carrick had had a better season, he could have snuck in due to Wilshere being Ifill tough - but he hasn't. Barry not featuring for a poor Everton side.

Can Delph play deep?

ChaceTheAce
16-05-2016, 12:09 PM
I assumed they were Man Utd, Liverpool and Chelsea fans.

Anyway, who cares, it doesn't harm anyone - do what you want and enjoy the tournament :p

Although, maybe you should consider a Jonny Williams Welsh shirt or a French Cabaye shirt? :p

Might walk around Marseille in a Hennessy Wales long sleeved shirt :D

OneSize
16-05-2016, 12:09 PM
The thing i don't really get is that the squad only lends itself to one formation, a formation that 90% of the players didn't play in this season. Also puts massive pressure on Dier to be fit and play well because there is nobody else to make up the 'third' centre back role so the full backs can push forward.

Very risky squad selection.

Jim's Cannon
16-05-2016, 12:12 PM
The thing i don't really get is that the squad only lends itself to one formation, a formation that 90% of the players didn't play in this season. Also puts massive pressure on Dier to be fit and play well because there is nobody else to make up the 'third' centre back role so the full backs can push forward.

Very risky squad selection.

Is there no-one in the Man Utd under 19's that we can give a run-out?

CPFC_DAVE77
16-05-2016, 12:13 PM
I don't feel there are many wide options, particularly considering current form.

Wilf is a game changer...

glaziers fan
16-05-2016, 12:16 PM

Well exactly. We have a plethora of options in attacking mid and also up front. That's why Alli will need to play deeper - he's one of the few in the squad who can (even though I think he is better as a No10).

Lombardo's hair
16-05-2016, 12:32 PM
England squads are always disappointing. I can understand Hodgson wanting to be loyal to players through qualification but wtf is the point if they are out of form or not fit and especially when othets are performing better. Sterling has generally been average this season. Is he really better than wilf? Stones has been woeful in past few months and has made many mistakes which are overlooked because of his potential. .....er if he's bad then he ain't got potential. I won't criticise Rooney for fear it will haunt me on Saturday. There is a lack of imagination from England managers. I would pick stand out players from mid table teams because they have to do more to impress. Would rashford be as potent for us....no. would vardy or kane. ..doubtful. Why because if the quality of player around you is high the better you will appear. Look at all the ex man u players that were so highly rated like oshea Rafael wes Brown even cleverly. Not pulling up trees and career stagnated. I know some will say wilf didn't flourish at United. Well was he given the chance to? He was marginalised for whatever reason.

Fatboy
16-05-2016, 12:33 PM
Perhaps Roy has other ideas (if he's watched this)...
_lvL4Bzyumg

eaglesincebirth
16-05-2016, 12:33 PM
I don't feel there are many wide options, particularly considering current form.

Wilf is a game changer...

If anyone would be getting a call up for that sort of position it would be Antonio over Wilf.

exiledeagle
16-05-2016, 12:37 PM
3 centre backs Smalling Stones Cahill , bit of a risk are all are uninspiring . The squad looks mainly average .

danpalace07
16-05-2016, 12:43 PM
Happy with that squad. Anyone who would drop Wilshere isn't worth listening to, he's our best midfielder ffs

scro
16-05-2016, 12:47 PM
I don't think it's all that bad. Admittedly the midfield is a concern with only really wilshere and alli looking the required standard but i don't think there are an abundance of teams with much stronger squads in reality.

I know the trend has firmly swung to always saying we are sh't now. However we are in the top 5 or 6 teams in the tournament with some ease in my view. Ok we aren't probably better than France or Spain. However it's a cup comp and if palace have proven anything this season it's that you don't have to be the best side to have a decent run. A bit of momentum and the right lads finding form at the right time we have chances.

danpalace07
16-05-2016, 12:47 PM
Agreed

Do you actually watch England play? He was our best player in the qualifiers

bigend1
16-05-2016, 12:51 PM
Can pick a very good first 11 from that. Good options upfront. Lose smalling or Hart and we're weak though

brighton_eagle
16-05-2016, 12:51 PM
Do you actually watch England play? He was our best player in the qualifiers

Started one game in the league all season though.

Adlerhorst
16-05-2016, 12:56 PM
Lose smalling.....and we're weak thoughWhilst this is true, 24 months ago it would have been an astonishing comment.

danpalace07
16-05-2016, 01:00 PM

has been getting a run of games lately though and a few U21 games. Start him in the friendlies.

sheepy
16-05-2016, 01:05 PM
A real shame that Dann has had poor games the few times Hodgson has seen him + our end of season form.

Really he's a better player than Stones and probably at least on a par with Cahill.

WorthingEagle
16-05-2016, 01:14 PM
A real shame that Dann has had poor games the few times Hodgson has seen him + our end of season form.

Really he's a better player than Stones and probably at least on a par with Cahill.

I'd rather have Ramage or Hill in our back four than Stones. He can't defend and he's always giving the ball away in his own third, believing his press as the next Beckenbauer.

WhitehorseN76
16-05-2016, 01:45 PM
I'd go for:
Hart
Clyne Smalling Cahill Bertrand
Dier
Rooney Wilshire
Alli
Vardy Kane

CPFC_DAVE77
16-05-2016, 02:47 PM
I'm pretty sick of the West ham thing this season, but Noble in for Delph makes so much sense to my mind.

Noble is reliable, a leader, plays the deeper role better and would just generally try more - plus is bang in form.

Joe85
16-05-2016, 03:33 PM
Rooney, lol.

eagle mart
16-05-2016, 03:42 PM
Now, I have seen and appreciate the talents of Jack Wilshire…. A great player when he gets going..

But…

He’s had one start in a year…. And you expect him to be involved in the Euros, with reliance? Really? Ahead of the likes Dier, Alli, Drinkwater, Barkley. All of whom have played and had or retained some sort of form. If they have a program for him to play some 'competitive' games, I would be all for it. (none of this U21 nonsense) But dropping him straight in a top tournament after ANOTHER season-long injury… no…. you can’t do it. Unfortunately the guy has just over 100 league appearances in 8 seasons, with just 6 goals to his name. And commands a regular, and automatic call-up which says a lot.

Please take him out the England set-up, and get him 100% fit, and in form. He’s a very good player once he gets going but he doesn’t deserve a place on this trip. And speaks volumes for the quality of our squad and our prospects this summer...

Worksop Palace
16-05-2016, 03:44 PM
Henderson, Milner, Delph, Sterling are very overrated players and should not be near the squad?

Correctomundo

Noble better than Henderson, Milner and Delph. Actually, I'm better than Delph

The Omen
16-05-2016, 05:00 PM
Three centre backs... quite a risk. Shows how much RH doesn't rate Dann sadly. Can't understand it myself.

zonin2000
16-05-2016, 05:16 PM
http://www.pricy-spicy.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/yu09-copy.JPG

Sick Bucket
16-05-2016, 05:30 PM

Milner can play in numerous positions so useful guy to have in the squad.

Kylie_Tracey
16-05-2016, 05:45 PM
Rooney and Sterling shouldn't be any where the international squad, Sterling has looked pub team standard at times this season, absolutely shocking

Sydenham Eagle
16-05-2016, 05:48 PM
Milner can play in numerous positions so useful guy to have in the squad.
Utter crap. The whole idea of having a squad is that you don't need average utility players to cover different positions. Did you go to the game at Selhurst? Liverpool were a better side when he got sent off and had to play with 10 men

glaziers fan
16-05-2016, 05:58 PM

People should be relieved he is on his way back to fitness then rather than doubting his ability and calling him overrated.

Kylie_Tracey
16-05-2016, 06:37 PM
Utter crap. The whole idea of having a squad is that you don't need average utility players to cover different positions. Did you go to the game at Selhurst? Liverpool were a better side when he got sent off and had to play with 10 men

I wish people would put this old chestnut to bed about the benefits of "utility"players , you are absolutely correct play the right players in the position they are supposed to be playing in, it doesn't come much bigger then an international tournament we have a clown as a coach but with some of the exceptional talent in the squad I'm going into this tournament quite excited

switchboard
16-05-2016, 09:06 PM
Our defence is so poor, it will be the reason we don't do very well and it doesn't look as if we have anyone up and coming for the World Cup either so we will have to be patient. Surely the media this time round won't be full of the usual 'this is our year' our squad is very average.

Celestial Empire
16-05-2016, 11:18 PM
I'm pretty sick of the West ham thing this season, but Noble in for Delph makes so much sense to my mind.

Noble is reliable, a leader, plays the deeper role better and would just generally try more - plus is bang in form.

Noble should be in for Henderson. The "heir to Gerrard" / "poor man's Paul Ince" will probably end up back at Sunderland or West Brom next season - his brand of bellowing, arm waving and gurning is not the kind of "leadership" England need, and he is a mediocre footballer, out of his depth at international level.:hmph:

Beatleboy
17-05-2016, 12:22 AM

Not right is it? Also, past press headlines that have accompanied him off of the field of play suggest that he won't be a good role model for the this young squad.

PJJY
17-05-2016, 12:59 AM
Nothing to be outraged about there.

Delph should be nowhere near the 26 - would take Noble in front of him - but he'll be cut if Wilshere doesn't break down again in the next few weeks.

Rashford will be cut too, as would Defoe/Carroll if Roy had chosen them - 4 strikers we've got are as good as most in Europe.

Only surprises are 3 CBs and the lack of wingers. Without red and blue specs, Dann should be included, Wilf isn't ready yet.

PJJY
17-05-2016, 01:14 AM
Squad based purely on statistics is interesting.

http://www.squawka.com/news/rooney-out-noble-in-how-the-england-squad-would-look-based-on-stats/671479

switchboard
17-05-2016, 07:59 AM
Squad based purely on statistics is interesting.

http://www.squawka.com/news/rooney-out-noble-in-how-the-england-squad-would-look-based-on-stats/671479

Interesting at the bottom that Pardew winning the 'Who should be the next England manager?' poll.

Sir.S.C Remembered
17-05-2016, 08:07 AM
Wilshire - Mental pick. Fitness
Henderson - debatable fitness and nothing special and even more risky with Wilshire there
Delph - Not merited it as hardly played and therefore also not match fit
CBs - Risky not having a fourth
Sterling - been poor for months/injured and barely played recently but does have pace and if Theo not going then reluctantly makes sense
Lallana - a player who I like but who has only turned up in recent weeks after more than a year of being poor
NO ALBRIGHTON AGAIN??
Rashford - I'm all for youth but has literally played 10 games and would not be getting in the squad if he was a Soton player with same record. Way too soon and should have been Defoe

bigend1
17-05-2016, 08:41 AM
I have no problem at all with taking the extra to be culled later.

Rashford. Surely just there for experience, to have a closer look for the main part. No problem with that. If... He was walking past 10 players in training and scoring wonder goals every other touch.. Maybe then he's the surprise wildcard. Or 2/3 major injuries in the warm up. Ready made, squad trained replacement. Under normal circumstances I fully expect him to be one of three.

Delph, as woy said, he feels he owes him the chance to impress as he was key. I think this is keeping him happy as woy expects him to be a big part of England's future. Also a flexible back up for an injury crisis. Fully expect him to the two of three.

Then there is one more spot. Truly In their own hands to fight for... Wilshire, Henderson and drinkwater. Others could be argued but I expect it to be one of these left behind baring injuries. Personally I'd leave Henderson if Wilshire was fit enough but I think that's unlikely. Maybe with 3 full warm up games but that's robbing valuable training from others that are more likely.

swissroll
17-05-2016, 09:01 AM
They never learn do they - even players of Beckham and Rooney (as he was then) were no good being picked post injury and no match fitness. Wilshere and Henderson shouldn't be anywhere near the squad. Surely Defoe should have been included.

leicester1
17-05-2016, 10:06 AM
In my opinion Kane and Vardy have to play .....build the midfield around providing for them two and we have goals......how many tournaments in the past have England fans stood frustrated at the lack of goals......play them as centre forwards and get Vardy behind the defence at every available opportunity,he must play in the role he plays at Leicester...if your worried about an opposition full back cover him from elsewhere in the team....Come on Hodgson go for an attacking team and set the tournament alive for a change.

Celestial Empire
18-05-2016, 10:35 PM
I have no problem at all with taking the extra to be culled later.

Rashford. Surely just there for experience, to have a closer look for the main part. No problem with that. If... He was walking past 10 players in training and scoring wonder goals every other touch.. Maybe then he's the surprise wildcard. Or 2/3 major injuries in the warm up. Ready made, squad trained replacement. Under normal circumstances I fully expect him to be one of three.

Delph, as woy said, he feels he owes him the chance to impress as he was key. I think this is keeping him happy as woy expects him to be a big part of England's future. Also a flexible back up for an injury crisis. Fully expect him to the two of three.

Then there is one more spot. Truly In their own hands to fight for... Wilshire, Henderson and drinkwater. Others could be argued but I expect it to be one of these left behind baring injuries. Personally I'd leave Henderson if Wilshire was fit enough but I think that's unlikely. Maybe with 3 full warm up games but that's robbing valuable training from others that are more likely.

What is the point of inviting Rashford if he will then be dropped ?
Raising his expectations when he should be getting his head down ?
Barmy in my opinion. He doesn't need "encouragement" from the cretin.

danpalace07
18-05-2016, 11:21 PM
What is the point of inviting Rashford if he will then be dropped ?
Raising his expectations when he should be getting his head down ?
Barmy in my opinion. He doesn't need "encouragement" from the cretin.

experience of being involved in the setup for the future

gold76
19-05-2016, 10:06 AM
Rashford, I'd imagine will be blooded against Australia (for experience) then cut, along with Delph and one other (gawd knows)

Golf Boy
19-05-2016, 10:12 AM
Rashford, I'd imagine will be blooded against Australia (for experience) then cut, along with Delph and one other (gawd knows)

What's the point of that. Will just give Roy a headache if he then scores.

Golf Boy
19-05-2016, 10:13 AM
If Rashford had done the same at Watford he wouldn't have even been mentioned once regarding an England future.

CPFC_DAVE77
19-05-2016, 10:14 AM

Golf Boy
19-05-2016, 10:14 AM
Hendersen couldn't even get in Liverpools team. Wilshire FFS

mroakley9
19-05-2016, 10:15 AM
What's the point of that. Will just give Roy a headache if he then scores.

Don't worry, he won't score.

jpezeagle
19-05-2016, 10:16 AM
Wilshire is our best centre mid when fit.

CPFC_DAVE77
19-05-2016, 10:37 AM
Wilshire is our best centre mid when fit.

'When' being the operative word.

CPFC_DAVE77
19-05-2016, 10:39 AM
Hendersen couldn't even get in Liverpools team. Wilshire FFS

Henderson has been injured and from all accounts has worked bloody hard to even be in contention for the Euro's never mind last nights game.

I'm not saying I think he is a brilliant player, but he it's hardly fair to criticise him for not starting last night.

Incidentally, he was good for England in a faultless qualifying campaign, in particular in the very first game of the group, in which England won away at Switzerland and effectively won the group after one game

Celestial Empire
19-05-2016, 11:28 AM
experience of being involved in the setup for the future

Some might say that "experience" of that set-up, is something no promising young player should have inflicted upon him.:p

Celestial Empire
19-05-2016, 11:32 AM
Henderson has been injured and from all accounts has worked bloody hard to even be in contention for the Euro's never mind last nights game.

I'm not saying I think he is a brilliant player, but he it's hardly fair to criticise him for not starting last night.

Incidentally, he was good for England in a faultless qualifying campaign, in particular in the very first game of the group, in which England won away at Switzerland and effectively won the group after one game

The rumour is that Henderson is first on Klopp's discard list, (although Moreno may have leap-frogged him after last night ;)), simply not up to snuff. (Klopp probably also wants a more cerebral captain).

hdeagle
19-05-2016, 12:10 PM
There are players playing better than those that have been chosen.

CPFC_DAVE77
19-05-2016, 12:15 PM
There are players playing better than those that have been chosen.

Correct.

But Roy has made it clear, to my mind for at least three years now, that he is building a group. Sure, some have gate-crashed it like Vardy, and some have been dropped out like Jones for being too out of favour, but ultimately, he has said all along he will be loyal to a core group that, in fairness, smashed the qualifiers. He has the right with a 100% record to live and die by that decision.

Golf Boy
21-05-2016, 08:35 PM
Lingard with a late charge into the squad

Halftime Gold
21-05-2016, 08:44 PM
Correct.

But Roy has made it clear, to my mind for at least three years now, that he is building a group. Sure, some have gate-crashed it like Vardy, and some have been dropped out like Jones for being too out of favour, but ultimately, he has said all along he will be loyal to a core group that, in fairness, smashed the qualifiers. He has the right with a 100% record to live and die by that decision.

He's building an insurance policy with the media by picking as many Liverpool players as possible, it worked for him at the WC.

Malarkey
22-05-2016, 04:18 PM
Good start. Kane looking sharp

philsick
22-05-2016, 04:18 PM
miles offside

David of Kent
22-05-2016, 04:19 PM
Probably offside but who cares. Had a chance before the goal too, lively start. Every single player sang the national anthem as well, that'll please those that like that sort of thing

bradpitt
22-05-2016, 04:21 PM
I didn't even realise England were playing today

David of Kent
22-05-2016, 04:21 PM
I think we could be a good fun watch at this tournament, but our defenders are not good enough for us to get too far

Latvian Eagle
22-05-2016, 04:23 PM
I didn't even realise England were playing today

Neither did I until about two hours ago.

This kit looks shit with red socks.

Malarkey
22-05-2016, 04:28 PM
Good pass for the goal

Kylie_Tracey
22-05-2016, 04:28 PM
good start and what a well balanced team, you know the second Shrek starts in the first game of the Euro's that balance will be thrown all over the place, he will give the ball away,constantly play out of position and will want to take every single dead ball.

Kylie_Tracey
22-05-2016, 04:29 PM
miles offside

less than a yard

Steamy
Sloppy defending.

firstgame63cpfc
Defence is going to be our undoing.

David of Kent
I think we could be a good fun watch at this tournament, but our defenders are not good enough for us to get too far

As I said, we'll be fun, but we're shocking defensively

On a side note, Wilshere is blowing out his cheeks every time we see him. Is he knackered already?

GB2506
22-05-2016, 04:30 PM
We are very poor at the back. We can't even dominate possession against Turkey.

Kylie_Tracey
22-05-2016, 04:31 PM
As I said, we'll be fun, but we're shocking defensively

On a side note, Wilshere is blowing out his cheeks every time we see him. Is he knackered already?

clearly not match fit,you'd think that clown would have realised that

The Omen
22-05-2016, 04:32 PM
Very messy. Don't look good at all at the back

danpalace07
22-05-2016, 04:33 PM
it's nice that at least today I can laugh at England's back 4

LLCOOLSTEVE
22-05-2016, 04:33 PM
what was Joe Hart doing....

rhiannapaul
22-05-2016, 04:34 PM
Exactly why we won't get anywhere in the Euro's defence is nothing but very average..

David of Kent
22-05-2016, 04:38 PM
Better from Jack

Alli is so clearly going to be sent off at these Championships

danpalace07
22-05-2016, 04:41 PM
hope Turkey get another for the crack

GB2506
22-05-2016, 04:46 PM
Some decent players in the turkey side.

greybot
22-05-2016, 04:50 PM
Feels far too early to be watching football again :(

philsick
22-05-2016, 04:51 PM
clearly not match fit,you'd think that clown would have realised that

Thats why he'll play as many minutes as poss in these friendlies. He is arguably englands best player when fit.

Coveta
22-05-2016, 04:57 PM
Is it impossible to find a commentator who can actually speak the Queen 's English. Hoddle is an absolute disgrace.

Kylie_Tracey
22-05-2016, 04:58 PM
Thats why he'll play as many minutes as poss in these friendlies. He is arguably englands best player when fit.

you sure about that? Kane and Vardy are close to world class as is Alli, Wilshire is a million miles from it

David of Kent
22-05-2016, 04:58 PM
Is it impossible to find a commentator who can actually speak the Queen 's English. Hoddle is an absolute disgrace.

Quite

It's time to bring back Big Ron :eek:

st albans
22-05-2016, 04:59 PM
We are going to concede a hatful this summer

David of Kent
22-05-2016, 05:02 PM
Is Jamie Vardy the new AJ for England? Spend a whole season scoring goals like a demon at centre forward, get called up for England and you're a winger

philsick
22-05-2016, 05:06 PM
you sure about that? Kane and Vardy are close to world class as is Alli, Wilshire is a million miles from it

It's all a matter of opinions. I don't think england have any truly world class players. But IMO when wilshere was fully fit (which is rarely) he can run things.

Kane is top quality and could go on to be world class. Kane has had a good season , but world class??? Come on

philsick
22-05-2016, 05:07 PM

Red wine and religion have taken their toll

Kylie_Tracey
22-05-2016, 05:18 PM
It's all a matter of opinions. I don't think england have any truly world class players. But IMO when wilshere was fully fit (which is rarely) he can run things.

Kane is top quality and could go on to be world class. Kane has had a good season , but world class??? Come on

ahead of Ageuro and Neymar this season in the Golden Shoe and one goal behind Messi, he must be up there

Fatboy
22-05-2016, 05:18 PM
God that England kit is pants.

danpalace07
22-05-2016, 05:26 PM
there's something so soulless about watching football at the Etihad

Johnnieboy
22-05-2016, 05:33 PM
Anyone else think that band should have been pensioned off ages ago?

Aki Aki Aki
22-05-2016, 05:36 PM
The England defence looks very shakey.

danpalace07
22-05-2016, 05:37 PM
Anyone else think that band should have been murdered ages ago?

EFA

bigend1
22-05-2016, 05:39 PM
Better from Jack

Alli is so clearly going to be sent off at these Championships

We'll that's good isn't it? Teams always win when they go down to 10 men! I'm sure they do... it happens in the games I've been watching :(

Shipp Ahoy!
22-05-2016, 05:44 PM
Ahhhhh the famous Vardy dive.

danpalace07
22-05-2016, 05:45 PM
proper Vardy pen, that

danpalace07

Johnnieboy
Looking good for the quarter final shoot out

evvo111
Turkey look a pretty decent side.

LLCOOLSTEVE
that challenge on Vardy was no different to the one where he went down and got sent off for diving.....

dmf73
Vardy's penalties are very reminiscent of the ones that AJ used to win.

in-exile
22-05-2016, 05:46 PM
Vardy diving show goes on!

Shipp Ahoy!
22-05-2016, 05:47 PM
Vardy's penalties are very reminiscent of the ones that AJ used to win.

Nah, Vardy doesn't just put himself in a position to be fouled he moves his body into an unnatural position and throws himself down.

That was more a kick in the defender than a foul!

tuzza_cpfc
22-05-2016, 05:48 PM
"UNFORTUNATELY it's just outside the post" says Glennda

how's it unfortunate if you can't hit the target from a pen? Say it how it is - it was a POORLY TAKEN PENALTY you knob.

Shipp Ahoy!
22-05-2016, 05:48 PM
How are these commentators paid?

Kane clearly pushed by the first defender in that and yet they can't see it?

RazorsEdge
22-05-2016, 05:50 PM
The England defence looks very shakey.

Agree, Cahill is rubbish. Maybe I am too harsh but he does not seem to have the presence Tony Adams or Terry had.

RazorsEdge
22-05-2016, 05:51 PM
How are these commentators paid?

Kane clearly pushed by the first defender in that and yet they can't see it?

They do wear rose tinted glasses :)

RazorsEdge
22-05-2016, 05:51 PM
"UNFORTUNATELY it's just outside the post" says Glennda

how's it unfortunate if you can't hit the target from a pen? Say it how it is - it was a POORLY TAKEN PENALTY you knob.

Haha :)

exiledeagle
22-05-2016, 05:52 PM
I noticed for both the Palace games at Wembley , it was bit of a strain watching the action on TV . Today though the action seems a lot nearer .
I am getting on but would think that in this day and age we should get a better quality TV coverage from Wembley .

RazorsEdge
22-05-2016, 05:53 PM
It is not Wembley, Manchester City ground (I think)

RazorsEdge
22-05-2016, 05:54 PM
Vardy diving show goes on!

Huddle reckons, in slow motion it looks dodgy but in real time a penalty :)

rhiannapaul
22-05-2016, 05:55 PM
The use if the word world class cannot be associated to any England players on show here ..world class is Messi Ronaldo Neymar etc not kane or Vardy

exiledeagle
22-05-2016, 05:55 PM
It is not Wembley, Manchester City ground (I think)

Yes I know its just the camera seems to give a much better view as opposed to Wembley .

Steamy
22-05-2016, 05:56 PM
Kane practising for our inevitable exit on penalties to the Germans.

LLCOOLSTEVE
22-05-2016, 05:56 PM
good header from the keeper for the goal

Fatboy
22-05-2016, 05:57 PM
good header from the keeper for the goal

Vardy found him well with the cross.

David of Kent
22-05-2016, 05:57 PM
Been a bit lucky here but I'll take it with no injuries.

RazorsEdge
22-05-2016, 05:58 PM
Yes I know its just the camera seems to give a much better view as opposed to Wembley .

Sorry, i mis read your post, mea cupla

Agree, maybe BBC need to invest more on camera techies :)

greybot
22-05-2016, 05:59 PM
Was hoping we would lose this one so hodgson won't ever play vardy as a winger again to accommodate Wilshere. We have looked awful compared to the Germany game.

Johnnieboy
22-05-2016, 06:01 PM

Probably just the different positions/angles of the TV gantries relative to the pitch at each

rhiannapaul
22-05-2016, 06:02 PM
Wilf has second best stats in beating players with the ball behind Neymar ..and can't get in this poxy side

RazorsEdge
22-05-2016, 06:03 PM
Kane practising for our inevitable exit on penalties to the Germans.

I can see the Pizza Hut ad already

RazorsEdge
22-05-2016, 06:05 PM
Was hoping we would lose this one so hodgson won't ever play vardy as a winger again to accommodate Wilshere. We have looked awful compared to the Germany game.

Wilshire looked lost in the mid field and Ali looked more in control. Unless of curse Wilshire is pacing himself and does not want to get injured

David of Kent
22-05-2016, 06:07 PM
I need to find out the odds on Alli getting a red card in this Championships. If I'm going to be miserable, may as well make money

rhiannapaul
22-05-2016, 06:08 PM
It's only turkey and they are unlucky not be level at least .our defence is shocking

greybot
22-05-2016, 06:09 PM
Good result for the players confidence I guess. Turkey were decent and tested us. Great save by hart at the end too.

RazorsEdge
22-05-2016, 06:10 PM
Bring on Australia now

Shipp Ahoy!
22-05-2016, 06:15 PM
How on earth was there an extra 2 minutes to that 3 added?

I just went back and added every second the ball was out of play... Literally the ref would have had to stop his watch for the whole of it to add that time!

The Omen
22-05-2016, 06:17 PM
Wilf has second best stats in beating players with the ball behind Neymar ..and can't get in this poxy side

Neymar has 13 assists and 24 goals (league stats only).

Zaha has 1 assist and 2 goals.

Not sure we can go by the one stat that he beats his man.

RazorsEdge
22-05-2016, 06:18 PM
Maybe the ref wanted Turkey to equalise....or he is related to Clatenburg

The Omen
22-05-2016, 06:20 PM
It's only turkey and they are unlucky not be level at least .our defence is shocking

Only?! That is their first defeat in 14 games. Their only loss in 2015/16 is to Brazil!

Roadblock
22-05-2016, 06:24 PM

I love Wilf but I can't argue with his omission. He beats his man with sublime skill but his end product is inconsistent at best. By end product I don't just mean a decent cross or shot, I also mean a simple pass or linkup with a teammate which helps the team keep possession.

Shipp Ahoy!
22-05-2016, 06:37 PM
Hart

Clyne - Smalling - Cahill/Stones - Rose

Dier/Drinkwater

Townsend - Rooney - Ali

Kane - Vardy

For me.

daz_eagle
22-05-2016, 06:42 PM
My overriding feeling right now? "**** England".

It'll change in three weeks, I'm sure.

Joe85
22-05-2016, 06:56 PM
I love Wilf but I can't argue with his omission. He beats his man with sublime skill but his end product is inconsistent at best. By end product I don't just mean a decent cross or shot, I also mean a simple pass or linkup with a teammate which helps the team keep possession.

I'd take Wilf purely because with continental referee's, he'd be getting penalties all day long.

dim
22-05-2016, 07:19 PM
I think Wilf the person is not what they are looking for even if they did want Wilf the player.

aj4england
22-05-2016, 07:57 PM

Listened to the tripe be spouted about Wilf and being inconsistent by yesterday's tv panel. This of course was our player of the year who has played consistently well all season.

Sceagle
23-05-2016, 10:01 AM
Watching these England defenders and watching Smalling in the FA Cup final, how Dann hasn't made the team is crazy. I know our season went to shit but he is head and shoulders above ALL of those defenders. He is a better defender, better passer and scores more.

CPFC_DAVE77
23-05-2016, 10:07 AM
Watching these England defenders and watching Smalling in the FA Cup final, how Dann hasn't made the team is crazy. I know our season went to shit but he is head and shoulders above ALL of those defenders. He is a better defender, better passer and scores more.

Agreed.

And if you had to throw him on in a game he would slot in no questions asked.

With Stones, you'd throw him on, and need two or three looking after him while the manager bites his nails every time he gets the ball.

Shipp Ahoy!
23-05-2016, 10:15 AM
Irrelevant really anyway as there's no way Dann would be fit for the Euros given the injury hd picked up.

CPFC_DAVE77
23-05-2016, 10:18 AM
Irrelevant really anyway as there's no way Dann would be fit for the Euros given the injury hd picked up.

Well it's not irrelevant is it?

It's not irrelevant on a thread talking about the philosophy of the England set up and an English player who plays for the club this forum is based upon.

The Omen
23-05-2016, 10:50 AM

Totally agree. RH biggest mistake only taking 3 centre backs - and only 2 with any real experience. Think it could come back to haunt him

gold76
23-05-2016, 11:27 AM
Yes, we seem to have one midfielder too many- I know Dier can fit in, but it is a bit of a risk.

Shipp Ahoy!
23-05-2016, 12:20 PM
Well it's not irrelevant is it?

It's not irrelevant on a thread talking about the philosophy of the England set up and an English player who plays for the club this forum is based upon.

I meant he won't be able to play now even if all the England defenders got injured and Hodgson phoned him to ask him to...

CPFC_DAVE77
23-05-2016, 01:42 PM
I meant he won't be able to play now even if all the England defenders got injured and Hodgson phoned him to ask him to...

Oh I see - apologies.

CPFC_DAVE77
26-05-2016, 07:30 AM
Sturridge reportedly has another injury which is looking to pave the way for Rashford.

gold76
26-05-2016, 08:53 AM
Sturridge, talented- yet made of glass, it will be good experience for Rashford, but Vardy and Kane deservedly first choice for the Russia game.

Halftime Gold
26-05-2016, 10:03 AM
Sturridge, talented- yet made of glass, it will be good experience for Rashford, but Vardy and Kane deservedly first choice for the Russia game.

Often too wasteful for me as well blasting a dozen chances over the bar for every wonder goal. We have Kane and Vardy as out and out strikers and I think Rashford offers something different.

Billyd
26-05-2016, 10:10 AM
Sturridge reportedly has another injury which is looking to pave the way for Rashford.

Blessing in disguise.

Pub Idol
26-05-2016, 10:18 AM
Not sure about Roy's coaching team. I think those guys are critical tournament time.

I wonder if he ever considered bringing in Paul Clement. to help. The guy is English and coaching successfully at Chelsea, PSG and Real would appeal to me.

AJ
26-05-2016, 10:20 AM
Totally agree. RH biggest mistake only taking 3 centre backs - and only 2 with any real experience. Think it could come back to haunt him

I think RHs biggest mistake is being England manager.

ebyeeckeagle
26-05-2016, 10:23 AM
Not sure about Roy's coaching team. I think those guys are critical tournament time. .

Not even sure who they are! More about tactics and shape I suppose, as well as mental preparation?

fioreuk
26-05-2016, 11:07 AM
Not even sure who they are! More about tactics and shape I suppose, as well as mental preparation?

Isn't Ray Lewington one of them?

CPFC_DAVE77
26-05-2016, 11:13 AM
Manager England Roy Hodgson
Assistant manager England Ray Lewington
First Team Coach England Gary Neville
Goalkeeping coach England Dave Watson
First-Team Doctor England Ian Beasley
Fitness Coach England Chris Neville
Masseur England Mark Sertori
Physiotherapist England Gary Lewin

fioreuk
26-05-2016, 11:20 AM

I remember him as a young keeper playing for Barnsley, looked a reasonable prospect, but injuries finished him. Interesting how he's now a top level coach.

I know some mediocre players become good coaches (Wenger, Mourinho for example) but I wonder how an international feels being coached by someone who maybe wasn't on the same level? Similar for Hodgson, as a bit part player now national manager.

pallet
26-05-2016, 11:49 AM

Those bloody Neville's muddle with everything

karl.eldridge
26-05-2016, 05:00 PM
Delph is out of the Euros with a Groin Strain. Sturridge has a calf strain might not start tomorrow. Rooney won't start. Forster in goal.

orp pisshead1
26-05-2016, 05:05 PM
Delph is out of the Euros with a Groin Strain. Sturridge has a calf strain might not start tomorrow. Rooney won't start. Forster in goal.

Ffs leave sick note( sturridge) at home and take Rashford.

David of Kent
26-05-2016, 05:08 PM
I remember him as a young keeper playing for Barnsley, looked a reasonable prospect, but injuries finished him. Interesting how he's now a top level coach.

I know some mediocre players become good coaches (Wenger, Mourinho for example) but I wonder how an international feels being coached by someone who maybe wasn't on the same level? Similar for Hodgson, as a bit part player now national manager.

I'm sure he's very good, but his career progression was helped by being goalkeeper coach at Birmingham during the time Hart, Foster and Butland all passed through there.

CPFC_DAVE77
31-05-2016, 10:33 AM
So, predictions for the two extras to miss out?

We know Delph (in my opinion correctly) won't go - that leaves two more.

It's tough to call for numerous reasons.

It does seem, however, that one level of match fitness required for one is not necessarily the same as the requirement for another.

fioreuk
31-05-2016, 10:54 AM
So, predictions for the two extras to miss out?

We know Delph (in my opinion correctly) won't go - that leaves two more.

It's tough to call for numerous reasons.

It does seem, however, that one level of match fitness required for one is not necessarily the same as the requirement for another.

I'd put my money on Roy leaving out Townsend and Drinkwater.

BUNGLE
31-05-2016, 11:05 AM
Sturridge and Drinkwater

st albans
31-05-2016, 11:28 AM
townsend and drinkwater

in-exile
31-05-2016, 11:38 AM
No Palace **** Roy!

switchboard
31-05-2016, 11:50 AM
Sturridge could be the best striker in the premier league if he managed to string more than 1 game together. Seems to score every time he plays.

Palace121
31-05-2016, 11:53 AM
I remember when Woy got the job and said (like every manager that has got the job in recent years) that he would pick players on their form, not reputation.

Funny that he continues to pick players like Henderson, Wilshere and Sterling over players like Noble, Drinkwater and even Zaha.

Same old, same old.

kolinkins
31-05-2016, 11:55 AM
In his appearances to date, Drinkwater has shown all the reasons why he should not be picked and why it's foolish to pick players on form without regard to actual ability.

EagleSE24
31-05-2016, 11:59 AM
In his appearances to date, Drinkwater has shown all the reasons why he should not be picked and why it's foolish to pick players on form without regard to actual ability.

Didn't he win man of the match on his debut?

Golf Boy
31-05-2016, 12:05 PM
Is Rashford better than Defoe? Looks to me that he is easily knocked off the ball.

Palace121
31-05-2016, 12:12 PM
Is Rashford better than Defoe? Looks to me that he is easily knocked off the ball.

That's another one that annoys me. If he hadn't played for a "top club", he wouldn't have got a look in.

Palace121
31-05-2016, 12:14 PM
And on that note, he might have scored on his debut but if he had a better touch, he would scored at least 3. He had a pretty poor game overall yet the pundits needed several changes of underwear.

Mark_cpfc
31-05-2016, 01:03 PM
Rashford goes.

Drinkwater dropped.

fioreuk
31-05-2016, 01:06 PM
Delph, Drinkwater, Townsend out confirmed.

GB2506
31-05-2016, 01:11 PM

Man of the Match on his debut?

Drinkwater has more ability than Henderson.

David of Kent
31-05-2016, 01:14 PM
Really surprised Barkley goes. We have two formations, in a 433 against a decent side he has no role to play. In the 442 diamond Rooney, Alli and Lallana are all ahead of him with Roy to play behind the front two

GB2506
31-05-2016, 01:20 PM
It's a typical Hodgson/FA selected squad. He gets told who to pick. He's like a Sunday League Manager, turns up with the balls, cones and bibs, picks 11 players and lets them get on with it.

The sooner Woy ****s off the better although I dont trust the FA to appoint the right person to replace him as they wont want to relinquish any control to a young manager who wants to do it his way.

maestro
31-05-2016, 01:26 PM
Hodgson has the backbone of a slug

Took the easy option.

No doubt Vardy will be shoved on to left wing so again he doesnt have to make decision

TC EAGLE
31-05-2016, 01:26 PM
Hodgson has made himself look a right muppet banged on about picking players with form and fitness but then leaves out Drinkwater who has had a brilliant season but takes Wilshire who's spent it on the physio table,

Shipp Ahoy!
31-05-2016, 01:27 PM
Joke.

Ant1982
31-05-2016, 01:29 PM
One wide player, Sterling.
Drinkwater omitted in favour of a Wilshere & Henderson midfield base.

I laughed.

pardew's shorts
31-05-2016, 01:30 PM
Drinkwater was given MOTM by Hoddle, the same man who gave MOTM to Rashford on Friday. The same man who is an awful pundit and co-commentator, and makes me yearn for Andy Townsend to return.

Drinkwater has had a fine season, but sometimes you can tell if a player has the tools for international football or not. I don't think he does. Plus, he operates in an area where England are well-stacked.

Can't argue with today's omissions, but it does leave the squad looking very unbalanced: three central defenders, one who is struggling with injury and all who have struggled recently, four full-backs (one of whom is comfortable on both flanks), lots of injury doubts, and only one winger - a winger who has had a terrible season.

This is where Hodgson's club mentality/consistent selections are problematic. There are so many friendlies and easy qualification games, he should have been much bolder in looking at different options and different players. Dann and Zaha should have been looked at, at the very list (plus Noble, Cresswell et al...).

If England now have an injury and/or suspensions crisis at centre back, they are buggered. Likewise, what if Hart gets injured then Forster gets suspended? We have to play Heaton, having given him a whole five minutes against Australia.

Danny boy
31-05-2016, 01:31 PM
Drinkwater hasn't impressed much for England don't understand the uproar on him not being selected.

pardew's shorts
31-05-2016, 01:33 PM
People point at Hodgson and claim he is bold, on the back of his selections of Alli or Rashford, or Sterling in the last World Cup, but when you look at his selections and teams and tactics on the whole, he is massively conservative.

Having refused to take any other wingers, or any in-form wingers at all, you can be certain we'll be seeing Vardy, Rashford and others shoe-horned into wide roles. It's nonsensical.

Shipp Ahoy!
31-05-2016, 01:33 PM
Rashford getting in is a disgrace. I hope he makes me eat my words but to get in on the strength of half a decent season and one goal in his debut (where he the proceded to do f all for the rest of the game) is shocking.

st albans
31-05-2016, 01:38 PM
Drinkwater hasn't impressed much for England don't understand the uproar on him not being selected.

me neither. No-one had heard of drinkwater 12 months ago, then suddenly everyone pissed off that he hasn't been included. Hard to argue getting in ahead of Henderson, Milner, Alli and Barkley. I'm just annoyed at the unbalanced nature of the squad. One (crap) winger is ridiculous. Townsend should have made it as gives an option off the bench.