PDA

View Full Version : Pre Season Bromley - Tuesday 2nd August 7pm ALL TICKET

Sp1Eagle
17-05-2016, 09:09 PM
http://bromleyfc.tv/site/pre-season-fixtures-announced/

The Club are delighted to be welcoming Crystal Palace, Millwall and Charlton Athletic who will all be fielding first team squads.

Worksop Palace
17-05-2016, 09:11 PM
http://bromleyfc.tv/site/pre-season-fixtures-announced/

The Club are delighted to be welcoming Crystal Palace, Millwall and Charlton Athletic who will all be fielding first team squads.

Can't see Bromley beating us all...

mott eagle
17-05-2016, 09:25 PM
Probably beat clowns though

mott eagle
17-05-2016, 09:26 PM
Hopefully will be in phase 1
Seetickets doing them?

Sodermalm
17-05-2016, 09:51 PM
Might become a tout for this one

Paxton
22-05-2016, 04:04 PM
I see Bromley are already selling tickets. Not having been there for years, do any Bromley experts know if there's likely to be segregation - i.e. can we just go ahead and buy tickets through the Bromley website?

Shipp Ahoy!
22-05-2016, 04:07 PM
I see Bromley are already selling tickets. Not having been there for years, do any Bromley experts know if there's likely to be segregation - i.e. can we just go ahead and buy tickets through the Bromley website?

Not a chance! Tickets will be a free for all and will be available on the day too.

Often you get a discount if you have a Palace seaskn ticket too.

Paxton
22-05-2016, 04:37 PM
Thanks for the info.

I had a feeling it sold out last year. But maybe that was on the day? Or maybe I'm misremembering?

Shipp Ahoy!
22-05-2016, 06:39 PM
Thanks for the info.

I had a feeling it sold out last year. But maybe that was on the day? Or maybe I'm misremembering?

I went last year (I usually do as its become a regular feature) decided last minute and absolutely no problem getting in.

I can't imagine they stopped letting people in looking at the place, although it was one of their biggest attendances there was room to swing an Ox.

Paxton
22-05-2016, 10:50 PM
Thanks for the helpful info, Shipp. I'm aware that with every post i'm sounding more and more like the sort of person who comes on here to ask whether they'll need 10 million Parish points to get a ticket on a brass monkeys December Monday night at Goodison.

My only defence is that, as a wannabe Champion Hill hipster w***er (who was at Goodison on a brass monkeys December Monday night), I'm a bit out of touch with all things Bromley.

orp pisshead1
23-05-2016, 11:04 AM
Thanks for the helpful info, Shipp. I'm aware that with every post i'm sounding more and more like the sort of person who comes on here to ask whether they'll need 10 million Parish points to get a ticket on a brass monkeys December Monday night at Goodison.

My only defence is that, as a wannabe Champion Hill hipster w***er (who was at Goodison on a brass monkeys December Monday night), I'm a bit out of touch with all things Bromley.

:D
Be aware this will almost certainly be all ticket like last year. There's ever improving facilities down Hayes Lane who've had strong Palace links going back at least 4 decades. Hedgehog will confirm if it goes back 7/8 decades:angel::D.

orp pisshead1
23-05-2016, 11:06 AM
Lots of interest already at work i reckon there will be 8-10 of us going :p.

Shipp Ahoy!
23-05-2016, 12:22 PM
Be aware this will almost certainly be all ticket like last year. There's ever improving facilities down Hayes Lane who've had strong Palace links going back at least 4 decades. Hedgehog will confirm if it goes back 7/8 decades:angel::D.

I don't remember it being all ticket last year? :confused:

Im sure i rolled up last minute and paid on the gate...

Then again my memory is pretty crap :D

Clapham Grand
23-05-2016, 12:44 PM
it would be lovely to have a sticky thread listing all the pre-season fixtures :)

Neil the Eagle
23-05-2016, 04:58 PM
it would be lovely to have a sticky thread listing all the pre-season fixtures :)

If someone knows how to do the code for tables, then cut & paste from here:
www.palace-echo.net

Michaelawt85
23-05-2016, 05:38 PM
Interested in this as its not far from me. Does anyone know what the ground is like at bromley. Might see if.My mum wants to come she has bad arthritis and can't do stairs loads of walking or standing for more than about 5 mins. Will it be ok

EddieEdwards
23-05-2016, 09:52 PM
If someone knows how to do the code for tables, then cut & paste from here:
www.palace-echo.netCheers, Neil - just did a simple list using the info from there.

ANDYEAGLE
23-05-2016, 10:45 PM
Lots of interest already at work i reckon there will be 8-10 of us going :p.

Have they put anymore seats in the ground or is it still the same small stand with the bar at the back.

orp pisshead1
24-05-2016, 12:54 AM
Have they put anymore seats in the ground or is it still the same small stand with the bar at the back.

Seats & benches behind the goal but wouldn't surprise me if it was all seated by time we play there. I'll try and find out.

Would be ideal time to introduce CPLFC to the wider fan base by them playing a friendly prior to the first eleven imo.

orp pisshead1
24-05-2016, 12:56 AM
Interested in this as its not far from me. Does anyone know what the ground is like at bromley. Might see if.My mum wants to come she has bad arthritis and can't do stairs loads of walking or standing for more than about 5 mins. Will it be ok

Phone or email Bromley FC and see if they're selling seats separate to standing and if so get there early and job done:p.

dweedman
24-05-2016, 01:37 AM
All seating for the match will be unreserved.

hdeagle
24-05-2016, 09:27 AM
Ticket booking is via an online site Y Tickets and there is a 1 booking fee per ticket.

The whole process took less than 5 minutes and is much better than last season when you had to buy the tickets in advance from the ground.

Bromley FC told me that this game is likely to be an All Ticket match.

Order your tickets here :

http://bromleyfc.tv/site/palace-tickets-on-sale-now/

hdeagle
24-05-2016, 09:33 AM
At this time Bromley have no word if disabled tickets will include a free carer's ticket but at this time I would advise paying for one instead of your carer having problems getting in with you on the night.

orp pisshead1
24-05-2016, 06:18 PM
At this time Bromley have no word if disabled tickets will include a free carer's ticket but at this time I would advise paying for one instead of your carer having problems getting in with you on the night.

Martin iircc careers are free:p. Any fans in wheelchairs going and want superior view need to book ASAP as only 3-4 places available .

RobertCPFC
17-06-2016, 10:39 AM
Game is now Tuesday 2nd August, 7:00 kick off. It is now all ticket.

http://bromleyfc.tv/site/crystal-palace-game-now-2nd-august-and-all-ticket/

EddieEdwards
17-06-2016, 12:11 PM
Game is now Tuesday 2nd August, 7:00 kick off. It is now all ticket.

http://bromleyfc.tv/site/crystal-palace-game-now-2nd-august-and-all-ticket/Thanks - thread title changed.

hdeagle
17-06-2016, 12:18 PM
Tickets bought for the original date of 28th July are valid for the new date of 2nd August 2016.

ANDYEAGLE
02-07-2016, 07:43 PM
Seats & benches behind the goal but wouldn't surprise me if it was all seated by time we play there. I'll try and find out.

Would be ideal time to introduce CPLFC to the wider fan base by them playing a friendly prior to the first eleven imo.

Any update on if they have got more seats? No way the old man would be able to stand. If you get there an hour early would you be guaranteed a seat?
Loved watching the reserves when they played there

ebyeeckeagle
02-07-2016, 08:00 PM
Any update on if they have got more seats? No way the old man would be able to stand. If you get there an hour early would you be guaranteed a seat?

I really don't think there was a plan to make it all seating, so I would doubt it but regulars would know more.

I'd ring them - it's all ticket so they may be able to help or advise at the very least.

orp pisshead1
02-07-2016, 11:23 PM

No updates mate but I'll contact em this week for you:p.

orp pisshead1
02-07-2016, 11:25 PM
Can't believe they've moved it :veryangry: have swap a night shift now.

Martinsleftpeg
04-07-2016, 09:40 AM
I called them just now and it seems you have to collect the tickets from the ground but not on the night of the game. Alternative is to pay 5 to have them delivered.... what a rip off. Not much good if you live 60 miles away.

Ade 70
04-07-2016, 11:29 AM
Not been to Bromley FC before -

1 - will tickets be available in a designated Palace section or is it not segregated?
&
2 - will Palace be selling any?

I can drive over and pick them up if I need to but can't find any specific info...Thanks in advance

hdeagle
04-07-2016, 12:22 PM
See post 22 on this thread ordering tickets is very easy and took me 5 minutes to do.

Ade 70
04-07-2016, 01:15 PM
I read that but wasn't sure if they were only available direct from Bromley - which it seems they are.

It is quite easy to do, although picking up tickets from them in office hours will require a little juggling.:p

Paxton
04-07-2016, 03:05 PM
If you book online, the confirmation email doesn't say anything about having to pick up a ticket:

How to get in:
Arrive at the pre-paid entry gate in good time. Provide your name, show your in-app ticket or confirmation email, and mention you booked on YPlan. Valid ID required. Pre-bought programmes can be collected from the club shop under your name.

tasty_snacks
10-07-2016, 08:26 AM
I popped over a couple of days ago and bought in person as it's a few minutes around the corner from me. Saves the booking fee/postage.

Happy to do the same for BBSers further afield.

orp pisshead1
10-07-2016, 02:38 PM
Not been to Bromley FC before -

1 - will tickets be available in a designated Palace section or is it not segregated?
&
2 - will Palace be selling any?

I can drive over and pick them up if I need to but can't find any specific info...Thanks in advance

Most of crowd will be Palace so no real segregation and a lot of Bromley follow Palace anyway!.

Pinkie Brown
15-07-2016, 08:32 AM
Bought my tickets at the ground yesterday, very friendly man in a portacabin helped me out. Pitch looking very lush :)

orp pisshead1
15-07-2016, 02:58 PM
Bought my tickets at the ground yesterday, very friendly man in a portacabin helped me out. Pitch looking very lush :)

Any ground improvements?, the bars are superb for non league imo.

orp pisshead1
15-07-2016, 03:00 PM

Can't say you'd be guarenteed as there no reserve seats but don't think all will be taken an hour before KO tbh.

Biggineagle
23-07-2016, 09:20 AM
Picked my ticket yesterday.:)

ebyeeckeagle
25-07-2016, 01:09 PM
http://c.files.bbci.co.uk/E5FF/production/_87297885_jimmy_hill_up_rex.jpg

monkey
27-07-2016, 03:53 PM
Ticket check :p

Dave
27-07-2016, 06:23 PM
I can now go.

In terms of segregation - I don't have definite info but it would be very very unlikely.

In terms of seating for older chaps - the main stand has seats, you pay a pound but get there before 630 to make sure.

There are also seats behind the goal - unreserved and not suitable for he less able.

monkey
27-07-2016, 07:23 PM
In terms of segregation - I don't have definite info but it would be very very unlikely.

I think it's unlikely as well considering the amount of palace fans just strolling up to bromley's ground to get there tickets!!

Bobby Smith
28-07-2016, 04:01 PM
Just been down there to get mine. Hoping to have sold out by the weekend according to the bloke in the portacabin come box office thing.

Radders
01-08-2016, 09:23 AM
Is this actually sold out now?

Owngoal
01-08-2016, 09:36 AM
Is this actually sold out now?

Our site saying tickets available from Bromley. I thought they were sold out

Radders
01-08-2016, 09:41 AM
Our site saying tickets available from Bromley. I thought they were sold out

Tried to get them via that and only option it seems to give you is to go on a waiting list!:frown:

ANDYEAGLE
01-08-2016, 09:54 AM
Be surprised if it sells out. How many do they hold these days? 5k

Radders
01-08-2016, 09:56 AM
Be surprised if it sells out. How many do they hold these days? 5k

Been going there on and off 30 years and never seen it packed which is why 'All ticket' seems a bit of a nonsense.

Owngoal
01-08-2016, 11:29 AM
Been going there on and off 30 years and never seen it packed which is why 'All ticket' seems a bit of a nonsense.

Radders I think you have to physically go to the Bromley ground to buy remaining tickets

Radders
01-08-2016, 11:58 AM
Ok mate, ta.

Louis
02-08-2016, 12:03 AM
Pardew on re. team v Bromley:

"For our fans who want to see what's underneath our first team"

https://eagles.cpfc.co.uk/

Looks like youth team/fringe players.

Keith Powell
02-08-2016, 07:20 AM
Heard a rumour last night that no first team players would be involved tonight.Would have thought the players back from the Euros would have been given some game time.

Pinkie Brown
02-08-2016, 08:07 AM
I'll be very pissed off if this is reserves/youth. It was advertised as a first team friendly from the start by Palace, and Bromley are definitely under the impression that it's the first team. 15 to see the reserves = fans been treated like shit again. Sometimes I think Pardew and the football world are so far up their own arses that they think we all earn 60k+ a week!

EagleSE24
02-08-2016, 08:47 AM
Pardew on re. team v Bromley:

"For our fans who want to see what's underneath our first team"

https://eagles.cpfc.co.uk/

Looks like youth team/fringe players.

With his other quote about wanting to spend a week on training pitch, certainly sounds like an U21 side. Wouldn't be surprised to see that supplemented by the likes of Fryers, Williams and Lee though.

Radders
02-08-2016, 08:48 AM
Last year it was a mixture. Hangelaand, Mutch, Zaha, Kelly, Bamford, Gayle and a few others plus youth. In years previous it has always been a youth game. But having been advertised as a first team friendly and priced accordingly it would be a bit naughty were they not to play any first teamers. Personally, I think they will mix it up a bit.

Scrumpy
02-08-2016, 09:17 AM
Last year it was a mixture. Hangelaand, Mutch, Zaha, Kelly, Bamford, Gayle and a few others plus youth. In years previous it has always been a youth game. But having been advertised as a first team friendly and priced accordingly it would be a bit naughty were they not to play any first teamers. Personally, I think they will mix it up a bit.

Last year's was advertised as 1st team and it turned out to be the mixture squad as above

RobertCPFC
02-08-2016, 09:18 AM
Disappointing that it sounds like no first team players will be involved. I didn't expect it to be the strongest possible team but when its advertised as a first team game it should not then be an under 21 side.

It will also be disappointing for Bromley if this is the case as i'm sure they have spent a lot of time getting ready for it.

EagleSE24
02-08-2016, 09:19 AM
A few years ago Dulwich Hamlet were quite annoyed that Palace were playing the youth as they had been led to believe it would be first teamers. Dougie ended up playing in an effort to placate them. Maybe we'll see Pardew having a run out.

wrightchipvcfc
02-08-2016, 09:21 AM
Remember few years back margate fans were under the impression they had payed to see our first team we sent our kids they were not happy remember banner outside ground advertising game just said margate v crystal palace no x1 youth ect

Radders
02-08-2016, 09:32 AM
Last year's was advertised as 1st team and it turned out to be the mixture squad as above

A mixture is ok for me. If you get to see the likes of Zaha get a run out you go home fairly happy as per last year. But if they are taking money based on seeing first teamers play and then turn up with kids its not on. I would still go but I'd want to pay half of what I have for myself and little Radders to go this eve.

richit
02-08-2016, 11:31 AM
U21s are playing at Tooting tonight, so wont be them.

kestoneagle
02-08-2016, 11:57 AM
I'm taking my boots just in case!

New LP
02-08-2016, 12:02 PM
Disappointing that it sounds like no first team players will be involved. I didn't expect it to be the strongest possible team but when its advertised as a first team game it should not then be an under 21 side.

It will also be disappointing for Bromley if this is the case as i'm sure they have spent a lot of time getting ready for it.

The priority is what's best for the new season, not entertaining a few fans.

Fatboy
02-08-2016, 12:10 PM

Thank you Tony Pulis....
;)

Ade 70
02-08-2016, 12:25 PM
I'll be very pissed off if this is reserves/youth. It was advertised as a first team friendly from the start by Palace, and Bromley are definitely under the impression that it's the first team. 15 to see the reserves = fans been treated like shit again.

This ^^^

Sp1Eagle
02-08-2016, 12:26 PM

Not sure Bromley will see it that way.

Radders
02-08-2016, 12:28 PM

I agree to an extent. But having been there the last couple of years, the difference between the crowd with first teamers playing and with the yoof playing was probably over 2k. You cant advertise it as a first team game, make it all ticket, have people shell out 15per head (for adults, more than what was charged at Fulham) and then not provide what you sold it as.

GreatGonzo
02-08-2016, 12:30 PM
You would have thought Mandanda/Hennessey would get a half each tonight or 1 to play, Ledley some time and Cabaye a few minutes as part of their preparations.

If not does it mean that they are that far off being able to play a game we will not see them play in 10 days time?

Pubface
02-08-2016, 12:40 PM
You would have thought Mandanda/Hennessey would get a half each tonight or 1 to play, Ledley some time and Cabaye a few minutes as part of their preparations.

If not does it mean that they are that far off being able to play a game we will not see them play in 10 days time?

As others have mentioned Mandanda and Cabaye have yet to return to training. That being said I can see where you are coming from

RobertCPFC
02-08-2016, 12:47 PM

I agree with what you are saying and of course the priority is West Brom in less than two weeks but I don't feel it should be advertised as a first team game when it is not going to be the case. It just that while i'm would have gone regardless of the team put out some people would not be interested in watching the under 21s.

Jamie W
02-08-2016, 01:53 PM
Reserve team tonight. Team and subs on cpfc.co.uk

Sp1Eagle
02-08-2016, 01:55 PM
Palace: Perntreou, Wynter, Kelly, Croll, Phillips, Dreher, Boateng, Lee, J Williams, Kaikai, Ladapo.

Subs: McAddam, Woods, Berkeley-Agyepong, R Williams, Anderson.

dweedman
02-08-2016, 02:01 PM
:veryangry

Louis
02-08-2016, 02:07 PM

In his video interview yesterday, I thought Pardew sounded very relaxed/complacent about things with the start of the season fast approaching. Certainly no sense of urgency from him.

rambo1
02-08-2016, 02:09 PM
I'll be very pissed off if this is reserves/youth. It was advertised as a first team friendly from the start by Palace, and Bromley are definitely under the impression that it's the first team. 15 to see the reserves = fans been treated like shit again. Sometimes I think Pardew and the football world are so far up their own arses that they think we all earn 60k+ a week!

Pre-Season Friendlies are for the Manager to get the Players Fit,Organizing Game Play & Formations.Not for the sake of Supporters or Opposition.

RobertCPFC
02-08-2016, 02:13 PM
It actually a better side than I was expecting.

Winny
02-08-2016, 02:17 PM
Piss take

Radders
02-08-2016, 02:21 PM
Pre-Season Friendlies are for the Manager to get the Players Fit,Organizing Game Play & Formations.Not for the sake of Supporters or Opposition.

But as others have said, dont then advertise it as a first team friendly. Many expected it as that was what it was sold as.
What they should have said if Pards interview is to be belived is 'it will be a first team unless we are shit at Fulham, then it may not be'

Gotta be honest, 2 years ago I was happy to pay for watching the youngsters at Bromley. Last year I was happy to see half the Palace first team for 50/60 mins. I only got tickets yesterday as it was a 'First team friendly'. Gotta do some miles to get there tonight and 20 for a pre season game for me and the lad aint peanuts. I wouldnt have bought the tickets if I'd have known that would be the side, unless they were half that price.

ugly and fat
02-08-2016, 02:22 PM
A few years ago Dulwich Hamlet were quite annoyed that Palace were playing the youth as they had been led to believe it would be first teamers. Dougie ended up playing in an effort to placate them. Maybe we'll see Pardew having a run out.

i was there for that game;Hamlet werent the only ones miffed at thet team we put out that night!!!

muswell eagle
02-08-2016, 02:28 PM
There are three internationals in the side and young players who have done well on loan at lower league sides.

Bromley also have a big game against Tranmere at the weekend, so I am sure they will not be going all out.

Anyone going should enjoy watching two of South London's most upwardly mobile teams in recent seasons.

Sp1Eagle
02-08-2016, 02:29 PM
Are you counting Kelly as an international?

muswell eagle
02-08-2016, 02:31 PM
Well he has played for England

Sp1Eagle
02-08-2016, 02:32 PM
Well he has played for England

4 years ago ;)

Radders
02-08-2016, 02:39 PM
There are three internationals in the side and young players who have done well on loan at lower league sides.

Bromley also have a big game against Tranmere at the weekend, so I am sure they will not be going all out.

Anyone going should enjoy watching two of South London's most upwardly mobile teams in recent seasons.

Not sure any of that is relevant when its been sold and priced as a first team friendly and now all the tickets have been sold the team is announced and its not.
Will still go, will still watch the youngsters and those 3 internationals, will still feel however I've bought a ticket for something falsely advertised!

Like going into a gourmet burger restaurant, paying in advance, ordering a cheesburger and when its put in front of you its still got the McDonalds wrapper on it. You may eat it if your hungry but doesnt stop you feeling conned!

GreatGonzo
02-08-2016, 02:46 PM
As others have mentioned Mandanda and Cabaye have yet to return to training. That being said I can see where you are coming from

They returned yesterday didn't they?

RobertCPFC
02-08-2016, 02:48 PM
Sold out!

RobertCPFC
02-08-2016, 02:48 PM

Hennessey and Ledley did but Cabaye and Mandanda are back tomorrow.

GreatGonzo
02-08-2016, 02:50 PM
Like going into a gourmet burger restaurant, paying in advance, ordering a cheesburger and when its put in front of you its still got the McDonalds wrapper on it. You may eat it if your hungry but doesnt stop you feeling conned!

What?

A McDonald's cheeseburger is not classed as gourmet to you? ;)

Radders
02-08-2016, 02:54 PM
What?

A McDonald's cheeseburger is not classed as gourmet to you? ;)

At this specific moment in time im so hungry I wouldnt care!

Radders
02-08-2016, 02:56 PM
And I wont be able to eat till late as my night is arranged running around taking my lad to a FIRST TEAM FRIENDLY in Bromley.:sob::sob:

Bubble Wrap
02-08-2016, 02:58 PM
Sold out!

We certainly have been. Not for the first time, advertised as first team friendly. Am not bothering although I paid for 2 tickets.

gjohnk
02-08-2016, 03:02 PM
I am a bit concerned for Radders.
I really hope Bromley put out a first team or else he might seriously lose it!! ;)

Biggineagle
02-08-2016, 03:06 PM
Hmmn. Well thats disappointing for those who have bought tickets. I bet Pardew wont do that to the fans on Saturday v Valencia.

Wouldve been the first team but Pardew decides they are required at the training ground instead of in front of fans. I wonder if Pardew will even be there. If he is some stick will be given.

Radders
02-08-2016, 03:07 PM
I really hope Bromley put out a first team or else he might seriously lose it!! ;)

No problem with watching our kids at all. Just I can do that without 20 on tickets, a 60 mile round trip and the disappointment my lads gonna have when I pick him up and tell him its not the first team fixture he begged me to by tickets for.
If I wasnt taking him I would do the same as Bubble Wrap and not bother if im honest.

Radders
02-08-2016, 03:12 PM
Hmmn. Well thats disappointing for those who have bought tickets. I bet Pardew wont do that to the fans on Saturday v Valencia.

Wouldve been the first team but Pardew decides they are required at the training ground instead of in front of fans. I wonder if Pardew will even be there. If he is some stick will be given.

You going?

Nth Kent Eagle
02-08-2016, 03:12 PM
Poor show. We did this at Margate a few years ago.

Pinkie Brown
02-08-2016, 03:14 PM
As long as they keep the Yanks happy they don't give a shit

Biggineagle
02-08-2016, 03:23 PM
You going?Yep I got a ticket, Tho I shall prob decide at The New Inn whether I turn up, Im not sure what the Bromley team will consist of either.

RobertCPFC
02-08-2016, 03:26 PM
A few bits of information regarding car parking and inside the ground.

http://bromleyfc.tv/site/sold-out-bromley-v-crystal-palace-arrangements-car-parking/

chatham_eagle
02-08-2016, 03:30 PM
Where have Palace billed this as a first team friendly? The links on the first page are from Bromley. The only two articles on the Palace website make no reference to it being the first team.

Radders
02-08-2016, 03:33 PM
Where have Palace billed this as a first team friendly? The links on the first page are from Bromley. The only two articles on the Palace website make no reference to it being the first team.

I doubt Bromley would have advertised it as such in hope.

Pinkie Brown
02-08-2016, 03:34 PM

It's in the list of First team fixtures on the Palace website.

chatham_eagle
02-08-2016, 03:34 PM
I doubt Bromley would have advertised it as such in hope.

They're the only ones to gain from it.

Radders
02-08-2016, 03:36 PM
They're the only ones to gain from it.

So you think its all a ruse from Bromley?

RobertCPFC
02-08-2016, 03:37 PM
The game is included in the first team fixture list while non first team games including Beckenham Town and Sutton are not.

chatham_eagle
02-08-2016, 03:37 PM
It's in the list of First team fixtures on the Palace website.

Fair enough, that is misleading.

So you think its all a ruse from Bromley?

Not seriously, no.

Biggineagle
02-08-2016, 03:38 PM
Where have Palace billed this as a first team friendly? The links on the first page are from Bromley. The only two articles on the Palace website make no reference to it being the first team.Pardew suggested something along the lines of not happy with performance v Foolem they will be at the training ground all week rather than the Bromley match.

Scrumpy
02-08-2016, 03:44 PM
The game is included in the first team fixture list while non first team games including Beckenham Town and Sutton are not.

Thing is this is not a youth or U21 friendly. Hence it being on the first team list. This fixture/friendly has always been more of a Club XI squad. I would expect a similar team vs Farnborough next week also.

pardew's shorts
02-08-2016, 03:44 PM
Evil Pardew and evil Parish and those evil Yanks. Mugging us off at every opportunity.

Poor little Bromley. Similar scenes with the Beckenham game when Mile Jedinak was on Beckenham's posters.

False advertising. A disgrace.

Radders
02-08-2016, 04:01 PM
Evil Pardew and evil Parish and those evil Yanks. Mugging us off at every opportunity.

Poor little Bromley. Similar scenes with the Beckenham game when Mile Jedinak was on Beckenham's posters.

False advertising. A disgrace.

Im personally not quite going that far. However, this has been clearly advertised that we will play first teamers. Not simply having one on a poster. The pricing is more than Fulham and less than 24 hours before its made clear that what its been advertised as is incorrect and thats what most people have bought tickets for I suggest.

Now, I would guess that, posting on here often as we both do, you will see that I'm one generally for perspective if people are throwing their toys unnecessarily. But the fact is, 2 years ago, this fixture was in front of a 2/3 empty stadium with kids playing. Admission was reasonable, the fact the first team WERE NOT involved was clear and it was fine.
Last year they announced first teamers would play (even though I think Brede was the only one who played the whole 90), the crowd was bumped up by about 2k on the previous year, the prices were bumped too but all were happy.

Now this year, its been portrayed as the first team playing, prices bumped, tickets bought, ground sold out and on the morning the team is announced as reserves based on a poor performance at Fulham (which was on Saturday so if they were gonna pull first teamers for that reason, could they not have said Sunday??)
I'm not trying to crucify Parish, Pardew or the Yanks. But would suggest (based on the last 2 years attendances if nothing else) that a majority bought their tickets based on the idea of Palace first teamers putting in some minutes tonight as that was how it was sold. I will still attend and enjoy but I for one would not have purchased a 15 ticket to see the team play that Palace are putting out this eve had I known. I guess that means Im a bad supporter.:sob:

Ninjas Headband
02-08-2016, 04:13 PM

Also hope that he isn't served a sub- standard burger from the catering van. :supergrin:

Pistol Knight
02-08-2016, 05:07 PM

Tomorrow

selhursthoover
02-08-2016, 05:23 PM
By the pool in LA with breakfast beer but wish i was in Bromley clubhouse!!
:sunglasses:

bigwiz
03-08-2016, 06:56 AM

PLASTIC !!!!:rolleyes:

BaldEagle96
03-08-2016, 07:15 AM

Call yourself a fan!!! FFS!!