PDA

View Full Version : Crowd Segregation at Euro 16

little dedders
19-05-2016, 12:21 PM
Hi all,

Anyone know how this works.

i've never been to an international tournament before but lucked out and got 4 tickets to England v Russia in the ballot... Is there any sort of segregation at all?

When I applied, the draw hadn't been done....

Repo Man
23-05-2016, 01:30 PM
Wouldn't have thought there would be any segregation in the balloted sections - unless they've bought tickets from a tout, the other people in the section will be just like you. I'm going to Italy vs. Ireland, I'll be cheering on Ireland but I'll be waiting to see who is sat around me in case I'm sat with 500 Italians.

eaglejez
23-05-2016, 01:57 PM
Hi all,

i've never been to an international tournament before but lucked out and got 4 tickets to England v Russia in the ballot... Is there any sort of segregation at all?

no wind up but England away is stand where you want ! (if you are in the England section that is)

pardew's shorts
24-05-2016, 04:41 PM
No booze in Lens for England v Wales, or indeed any match day in the city.

******* ridiculous.

Ruskin Old Boy
24-05-2016, 04:58 PM
Segregation against Russia? Come on, they'll have annexed the English part of the ground before you get there :supergrin:

Red&Blue Sussex
24-05-2016, 05:09 PM
Just heard the news about light refreshments being banned. BBC website also saying that official advice is not to travel to Lens of you don't have a match ticket or a ticket for the and zone. Completely against what UEFA and the FSF have previously advised - when did you e we need a ticket to get into a fans zone?

Disappointing but fair enough about the no alcohol, but completely false information about the fans zone.

cranesparkeagle
24-05-2016, 05:09 PM
Segregation against Russia? Come on, they'll have annexed the English part of the ground before you get there :supergrin:

The tanks will be on the pitch:eek:

Eaglesmad123
24-05-2016, 05:42 PM
No booze in Lens for England v Wales, or indeed any match day in the city.

******* ridiculous.

That particular game is high risk so wont want to take any chances

Mad Raschic Ken
24-05-2016, 05:44 PM
Hi all,

Basically each country has their official allocation (I have tickets from the FA and they're in the blue stand), then the rest of the tickets are unsegregated. England and Russia received around 11,000 tickets each for this game. Obviously official tickets are in different price categories, so the official allocation won't all be in the same part of the ground .

eaglejez
24-05-2016, 05:53 PM
Just heard the news about light refreshments being banned. BBC website also saying that official advice is not to travel to Lens of you don't have a match ticket or a ticket for the and zone. Completely against what UEFA and the FSF have previously advised - when did you e we need a ticket to get into a fans zone?

Disappointing but fair enough about the no alcohol, but completely false information about the fans zone.

Did the same in 98 for the Colombia game but everyone got beer from all the supermarkets :)

Red&Blue Sussex
24-05-2016, 06:05 PM
Did the same in 98 for the Colombia game but everyone got beer from all the supermarkets :)

Would have thought they would ban it from supermarkets also

Red&Blue Sussex
24-05-2016, 07:16 PM
Lots of further info on this thread..... https://englandsupporters.thefa.com/fan-forums/tickets_and_travel/f/11/t/10212.

"FSF have added this article:

www.fsf.org.uk/.../england-wales-matchday-lens-euro-2016-france

The most important bit is:

No drinking on the streets: The sale, transport and consumption of alcoholic drinks will be banned in the car parks, shuttle buses, coach parks and in all public areas in Lens city centre. The consumption of alcohol will only be permitted in bars (either inside or on the Terrasse) and inside the Fan Zone. This ban will run from 6am on 16th June until 6am on 17th June. Anyone failing to respect this ban will be fined and all alcoholic drinks will be seized.

That suggests its 'just' a street ban - i.e. if you're lucky enough to find a bar then you'll be ok.

Read more at https://englandsupporters.thefa.com/fan-forums/tickets_and_travel/f/11/t/10212#81jJht25KgOcLlBc.99"

Martinsleftpeg
24-05-2016, 07:45 PM
Lots of further info on this thread..... https://englandsupporters.thefa.com/fan-forums/tickets_and_travel/f/11/t/10212.

"FSF have added this article:

www.fsf.org.uk/.../england-wales-matchday-lens-euro-2016-france

The most important bit is:

No drinking on the streets: The sale, transport and consumption of alcoholic drinks will be banned in the car parks, shuttle buses, coach parks and in all public areas in Lens city centre. The consumption of alcohol will only be permitted in bars (either inside or on the Terrasse) and inside the Fan Zone. This ban will run from 6am on 16th June until 6am on 17th June. Anyone failing to respect this ban will be fined and all alcoholic drinks will be seized.

That suggests its 'just' a street ban - i.e. if you're lucky enough to find a bar then you'll be ok.

Read more at https://englandsupporters.thefa.com/fan-forums/tickets_and_travel/f/11/t/10212#81jJht25KgOcLlBc.99"

Lens is an utter dump it was shut down in 1998 due to the Marseilles riots as were other cities there and it was not a place to relax. No different now just worse I would guess. The ground is decent however good old fashioned stands with loads of atmosphere.

fioreuk
25-05-2016, 03:12 PM

You've got to get there first, take the train...