PDA

View Full Version : Do Palace have the most embarrassing rivals in the football world?

Pages : [1] 2

old git
22-05-2016, 07:13 AM
They are no longer adequate for a club that wants to move forward.Manchester City wouldn't have Stockport as rivals.

SeanPalace84
22-05-2016, 07:16 AM
Great thread!

I have always felt slight embarrassment having them as rivals and other sets of fans have questioned it however the last year or so has made me realise just how embarrasing it is. We need to come together and try to put this shambles rivalry to one side.

The delusion
The entitlement
The stadium/attendances talk
The fact most have two teams to support

I could go on but fact is they do make us look silly. Millwall, Charlton even bloody Crawley would be less embarrasing.

Time it ends NOW.

Joe85
22-05-2016, 07:23 AM
Stockport have better fans and would probably offer us more of challenge on the pitch and in the stands than the shower of ***** on the South coast.

Brighton are a joke. It's like having a man with a terminal illness as your arch enemy. Things will never get any better for him and if you ever meet you'll always feel bad for humiliating him in his own house because he's so weak. The world will frown at you for constantly bettering such weak and feeble opposition and thus there is nothing to be gained out of goading the ******.

We need to start taking applications for new rivals and let the bellends find a rival they can actually compete with vocally, like a netball team or maybe the local library 5 aside team.

mpfn
22-05-2016, 07:32 AM
They don't deserve our rivalry, but who would have them ?
A bit like Charlton, desparately needing a focus to direct their pain and anger.
I suggest we give them another season, with the option of a Christmas review.

Supa Pard
22-05-2016, 07:46 AM
I dunno. They're only 6 miles down the road after all....oh you mean Brighton!

Nearly forgot about them.

Payroll Legend
22-05-2016, 08:56 AM
As I just said on another thread, it's a pointless, non-competitive rivalry where one team is always better than the other and always comes out on top.

They don't have any identity, they don't have passionate fans. They can't win a game in the play offs. Anything they've got they've been bought not earned.

But they do have us and that helps to make them more valid as a club rather than just stuck on the coast on their own.

I really wish we could **** them off. We don't need them.

Supa Pard
22-05-2016, 09:01 AM
As I just said on another thread, it's a pointless, non-competitive rivalry where one team is always better than the other and always comes out on top.

They don't have any identity, they don't have passionate fans. They can't win a game in the play offs. Anything they've got they've been bought not earned.

But they do have us and that helps to make them more valid as a club rather than just stuck on the coast on their own.

I really wish we could **** them off. We don't need them.

We do need them though.

Cos it's low points like this that you look at these c*nts and Millwall and then all your troubles and miseries go away.
Despite the result yesterday, we're Palace and they never will be.

old git
24-05-2016, 08:33 PM
No sign of them understanding football yet.Apparently a team that loses around 10-20 million a year and fails once again to make Wembley has the bragging rights against a club making a large sum of money,in the top division and one that narrowly loses in the biggest cup final in domestic football.
Let's ditch these idiots for good.

CPFC Since 68
24-05-2016, 08:50 PM
It is weird being rivals with a multitude of clubs. I just want the 7 - 10 k Brighton back.

Penstone Eagle
25-05-2016, 06:22 AM
They simply don't qualify as rivals, I just find them funny.

The opening post is spot on.

Raggy
02-06-2016, 09:15 PM
TBH how many Palace fans even genuinely dislike them? Its pantomime stuff.

Compare it to when we play Man Utd, where there is a genuine festering hatred in the air.

Jim Cannon
02-06-2016, 09:29 PM

Loads do. Especially if you were around for the days of Mullery managing them, and then when the wanker came here. There was a real on pitch rivalry too. Obviously for decades, they have served up nothing but hilarity for us, but plenty hate them.

But yes, they are a complete embarrassment, supported by imbeciles that don't get football.

Battle EAGLE
02-06-2016, 09:31 PM
In the year 2016, they are not worthy as our main rival anymore it's just embarrassing. A rival needs to challenge sometime this lot just ain't up to it.

old git
02-06-2016, 09:33 PM
Maybe not hate.It is more like having an annoying useless kid brother who is constantly trying to show how clever he is but always fails.

Malarkey
02-06-2016, 09:44 PM
Threads like this always come back to haunt you...oh wait, no they don't.

smoll
03-06-2016, 07:09 AM
It is weird being rivals with a multitude of clubs. I just want the 7 - 10 k Brighton back.
Brilliant post. I've never thought of it that way. How true

Phil's Barber
03-06-2016, 08:36 AM
Maybe not hate.It is more like having an annoying useless kid brother who is constantly trying to show how clever he is but always fails.

.....but thinks he has succeeded.

James
03-06-2016, 08:40 AM
Does anyone have a copy of Eagle Eye's brilliant 'Notice of Termination of Rivalry', served on Brighton in the 1990's? I wish I had kept my copy - it was one of the most memorable things to appear in that long lost and lamented fanzine.

old git
03-06-2016, 08:47 AM
Does anyone have a copy of Eagle Eye's brilliant 'Notice of Termination of Rivalry', served on Brighton in the 1990's? I wish I had kept my copy - it was one of the most memorable things to appear in that long lost and lamented fanzine.

Unfortunately I haven't but I remember somebody printed a few hundred copies of the notice that we handed out at the Goldstone before the ZDS win in 1991.Didnt go down too well.
Hopefully somebody has a copy and would be good enough to scan it on to here.:p

Penstone Eagle
03-06-2016, 09:58 AM

Well put.

Almost feel sorry for some of their loyal fans having to sit amongst fans of so many other clubs.

Vince Hilaire's Afro
03-06-2016, 10:06 AM
Are they now less embarrassing now that they have the coveted title of CEO OF THE YEAR under their belt, or moreso given the level of celebration said achievement received?

thereichstuff
03-06-2016, 12:04 PM
It's got to the stage when people ask " who's your rival ? " I hesitate and come over all unnessary then splurt out " Brighton " whilst looking furtively around to make sure other people aren't listening :embarass:

Heb 7:4
03-06-2016, 12:10 PM
Are they now less embarrassing now that they have the coveted title of CEO OF THE YEAR under their belt, or moreso given the level of celebration said achievement received?

Had to look this up to see that it was real :D

Apparently it was "Executive of the Year". I particularly enjoy that the nomination process is Survey Monkey.

http://www.stadiumbusinesssummit.com/sba16-winners-announced/

You get to see who is twattish enough to nominate themselves for an industry conference "award".

Ash
03-06-2016, 12:10 PM
It's time we sought out a support group for clubs with shit rivals.

CedarEagle
03-06-2016, 12:22 PM
Because I don't remember the Mullery era that kicked it all off, I've never quite bought into the rivalry. Doesn't mean I haven't thoroughly enjoyed many recent humiliations of The Weed but for me rivals means local teams in South London. South coast doesn't count.

wigman
03-06-2016, 06:56 PM
They are no longer adequate for a club that wants to move forward.Manchester City wouldn't have Stockport as rivals.

Let me give you a response from a follower of the mighty BHAFC.
You are better than us by league status only.

We have a far superior ground,
By far more ST holders than yourself. ( I still remember your quote that you would be impressed that if we still had 16,000 st holders 5 years on from 2011.
We now have 23,000 ).
We have superb training facilities, ( just ask Penstone ) :D .
Just look at the AWE 1st page to see how many BHA threads there are !
You love us really. :D

Maiden Eagle
03-06-2016, 07:00 PM
By far more ST holders than yourself. ( I still remember your quote that you would be impressed that if we still had 16,000 st holders 5 years on from 2011.
We now have 23,000 ).

All that and you're still sh*t !!

And you only owe your owner zillions and lose 10 mil a year:lux::lux:

Jim Cannon
03-06-2016, 07:03 PM

We now have 23,000 ).

Bollox Wigman. We have a far superior history to you. You can stick your Charity Shield bollox where the sun doesn't shine as it was even more shite then than it is now. One poxy spell in the top flight in your entire history. You bang on about your crowds, but no Brighton fan in living memory can offer a credible explanation as to how you suddenly got so many fans overnight, and how they all appeared in 2011, when you got your new ground. Yes, you have better facilities, all paid for by one man only as you well know. Do one.

old git
03-06-2016, 07:05 PM

We now have 23,000 ).
Prefer a real ground,faults and all that goes with it.

St's who don't usually turn up and just go as it is the in thing at present.

Ours will be as good but we don't want to chuck money at it that hasn't been earned.

Of course the threads are about you at the moment.Until we find an adequate replacement you are all we have.

All facts.

Maiden Eagle
03-06-2016, 07:06 PM
We have a far superior history to Brighton.

TBF, so do most Clubs.

Jim Cannon
03-06-2016, 07:08 PM
TBF, so do most Clubs.

And they are all Tinpot, too.

wigman
03-06-2016, 07:18 PM
Prefer a real ground,faults and all that goes with it.

St's who don't usually turn up and just go as it is the in thing at present.

Ours will be as good but we don't want to chuck money at it that hasn't been earned.

Of course the threads are about you at the moment.Until we find an adequate replacement you are all we have.

All facts.

Love your 3rd point, you have made my night.
Coming from a club that has had 2 admins. :supergrin:

wigman
03-06-2016, 07:19 PM
Bollox Wigman. We have a far superior history to you. You can stick your Charity Shield bollox where the sun doesn't shine as it was even more shite then than it is now. One poxy spell in the top flight in your entire history. You bang on about your crowds, but no Brighton fan in living memory can offer a credible explanation as to how you suddenly got so many fans overnight, and how they all appeared in 2011, when you got your new ground. Yes, you have better facilities, all paid for by one man only as you well know. Do one.

You need to take off your rose tinted spectacles.:p

Jim Cannon
03-06-2016, 07:20 PM

And you didn't have an admin, you just reached an agreement with your creditors:rolleyes:

wigman
03-06-2016, 07:22 PM
All that and you're still sh*t !!

And you only owe your owner zillions and lose 10 mil a year:lux::lux:

All our losses are covered.:lux:

wigman
03-06-2016, 07:24 PM
And you didn't have an admin, you just reached an agreement with your creditors:rolleyes:

Palace 2, Brighton 0. On the admin stakes.
Fact. :p

Maiden Eagle
03-06-2016, 07:25 PM

Really something to be proud of:rolleyes:

Maiden Eagle
03-06-2016, 07:26 PM

Grounds turned into Toys R us

Seaweeds 1 Palace 0

Jim Cannon
03-06-2016, 07:26 PM

Yes by a man with deep pockets, while you lot endlessly snipe at clubs who are "cheating", while ignoring your own activities.
You support a club who are claiming the Play Offs are "unfair", yet didn't complain about taking up their place in them in 3 of the last 4 seasons. Care to explain why that may be?

Ash
03-06-2016, 07:27 PM
Careful with that admin talk wigman. Another 10m+ required from the shifty little gargoyle this year. How much longer can that continue?

Fair play for turning up though. Majority of your lot know when they're beaten.

Jim Cannon
03-06-2016, 07:28 PM

Only because the term Administration was not even being used at the time, how sad.

Promotions to the top flight:
Palace 7
Brighton 1

old git
03-06-2016, 07:31 PM

I thought we were only formed in 2010.Get your arguments straight will you.
Like I have said before if we are responsible for past owners actions so are you lot.
Archer only sold the ground because nobody turned up.

old git
03-06-2016, 07:32 PM
Only because the term Administration was not even being used at the time, how sad.

Palace 7
Brighton 1

Surely they must have gone up this year? They only had to beat tinpot Wednesday to make the final.

wigman
03-06-2016, 07:34 PM
Careful with that admin talk wigman. Another 10m+ required from the shifty little gargoyle this year. How much longer can that continue?

Fair play for turning up though. Majority of your lot know when they're beaten.

The gargoyle as you say, is a proper chairman, a real fan.
He is happy to cover our losses.:p

Jim Cannon
03-06-2016, 07:34 PM
Surely they must have gone up this year? They only had to beat tinpot Wednesday to make the final.

We are both wrong, they got automatic didn't they? Surely 89 points would do it?

Jim Cannon
03-06-2016, 07:37 PM

What begs the question is, with all those massive crowds, plus the added revenue from camping on the pitch, spanish themed nights etc, are you losing so much money when you are such a massive club? It is not as if you have a Premier League wagebill

old git
03-06-2016, 07:39 PM

Is he doing what is right for your long term future? The club even with all its debts wiped out is unsustainable,he has built a club that costs more to run than it can make unless premiership football is attained.

wigman

You spend to much time on NSC,
Maybe you need to spend a little bit of your spare time with Pardew perfecting his dance routine at one of his classes. :p

Ash

But for how long? See 'Bolton Wanderers Football Club'.

Jim Cannon
03-06-2016, 07:41 PM
Maybe you need to spend a little bit of your spare time with Pardew perfecting his dance routine at one of his classes. :p

To be fair, anyone can get carried away at Wembley

What's your record like there?

wigman
03-06-2016, 07:41 PM
Is he doing what is right for your long term future? The club even with all its debts wiped out is unsustainable,he has built a club that costs more to run than it can make unless premiership football is attained.

You could say the same for all Championship clubs except for those with parachute payments.
Just ask Forest and Blackburn for an example.

wigman
03-06-2016, 07:42 PM
To be fair, anyone can get carried away at Wembley

What's your record like there?

Have we ever played there ?
I only became a fan in 2011 as so you would all believe.

old git
03-06-2016, 07:42 PM

Change the subject:p I'll have you know my nieces and daughter love my dad dancing at various family parties.:supergrin:

Maiden Eagle
03-06-2016, 07:43 PM

Yes, the dance was a bit embarrassing, but it took place at Wembley Stadium, a ground that Brighton don't play at, because they keep choking against tinpot oppositions in Play Off semi finals.

Jim Cannon
03-06-2016, 07:43 PM
You could say the same for all Championship clubs except for those with parachute payments.

Both of those clubs have had parachute payments in the past, it must be your dream to be able to qualify for one:D

Jim Cannon
03-06-2016, 07:44 PM
Have we ever played there ?
I only became a fan in 2011 as so you would all believe.

Best have a look then

old git
03-06-2016, 07:45 PM

If bloom left and wiped out all debts could you survive and keep the current standard :angel: of player?

Jim Cannon
03-06-2016, 07:47 PM
If bloom left and wiped out all debts could you survive and keep the current standard :angel: of player?

Might struggle to keep hold of Kaz and Dunk, though incredibly they have been able to hold out and keep them all this time, don't underestimate them

old git
03-06-2016, 07:48 PM
Might struggle to keep hold of Kaz and Dunk, though incredibly they have been able to hold out and keep them all this time, don't underestimate them

Is this the same kaz that's going to get us ,or is it his son? It's been so long.

Jim Cannon
03-06-2016, 07:51 PM
Is this the same kaz that's going to get us ,or is it his son? It's been so long.

I am not sure, I believe a few championship defenders have been asked to turn out their pockets, he seems to have vanished lately:D

Maiden Eagle
03-06-2016, 07:53 PM

His grandson

Ash
03-06-2016, 07:53 PM
CPFC Premier League Goals: 279
BHAFC Premier League Goals: 0

SJ'sLoveMonkey
03-06-2016, 07:59 PM
CPFC Premier League Goals: 279
BHAFC Premier League Goals: 0

Ouch

Jim Cannon
03-06-2016, 08:10 PM
Premier League points
Palace 295
Brighton 0

Penstone Eagle
03-06-2016, 08:13 PM
We have superb training facilities, ( just ask Penstone ) :D

It looks nice.

It is in a s*it area.

Bottom line is though, IT IS A CHAMPIONSHIP training ground.

Jim Cannon
03-06-2016, 08:25 PM
Earnings from Premier league since 2013 alone

Palace approx 225M
Brighton 0

SeanPalace84
03-06-2016, 08:27 PM
Premier League points
Palace 295
Brighton 0

:D

Says it all

Jim Cannon
03-06-2016, 08:29 PM
My personal favourite

Fees received for Glenn Murray

Palace 4M
Brighton 0

Ash
03-06-2016, 08:33 PM
By far more ST holders than yourself.

Quality, not quantity.

Even if you're not a huge football fan I'd really recommend going along. The atmosphere is great, the seats were brilliant and I had a really good day. I'd never been to a match before and it was such a good opportunity to make the most of having the AMEX Community Stadium so close to campus.

http://www.sussexstudent.com

Ash
03-06-2016, 08:36 PM
Deloitte Football Money League 2016 (http://www2.deloitte.com/uk/en/pages/sports-business-group/articles/deloitte-football-money-league.html)

CPFC: 28th highest earning club in the world
BHAFC: F*cking nowhere

Phil's Barber
03-06-2016, 08:39 PM

I didn't realise you lot had him immortalised in stone. Fair play.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/86/c0/87/86c0871561aea40eaaf350e7be81edcc.jpg

biggus mickus
03-06-2016, 08:47 PM
Earnings from Premier league since 2013 alone

Palace approx 225M
Brighton 0

We have earnt bugger all from the championship, last few years. So the south coast pukes, are winning that one.

Long may it continue.

Ash
03-06-2016, 08:51 PM
We have earnt bugger all from the championship, last few years. So the south coast pukes, are winning that one.

Long may it continue.

Earnings from the championship since 2013-14 season:

CPFC: 0
BHAFC: -45m

Apparently not Biggus !!

Jim Cannon
03-06-2016, 08:57 PM
Earning from the championship since 2013-14 season:

Apparently not OG !!

So:

earnings since promotion:

Palace 225M
Brighton -45M

equals:

Cost of losing 0-2 to Palace to Tony Bloom: 270M

SJ'sLoveMonkey
03-06-2016, 09:02 PM
So:

Palace 225M
Brighton -45M

equals:

And counting :hi:

Jim Cannon
03-06-2016, 09:10 PM
And counting :hi:

Yup another 100M coming our way this year, while bumper losses again for them, should push the gap to 400M I would imagine. But our finances are a "House of Cards" unlike their embarrassment of riches:D

Ash
03-06-2016, 09:21 PM
It's unfair to single out losing to Palace as the main reason for the financial deficit. Afterall, they've also lost to Derby and Sheffield Wednesday in the play-offs. The real problem is they're shit. They've always been shit. They are shit rivals.

Jim Cannon
03-06-2016, 09:26 PM
It's unfair to single out losing to Palace as the main reason for the financial deficit. Afterall, they've also lost to Derby and Sheffield Wednesday in the play-offs. The real problem is they're shit. They've always been shit. They are shit rivals.

I would say having such a large deficit despite having gazillions pumped in is pretty embarassing

Vince Hilaire's Afro
03-06-2016, 11:53 PM

Long may it continue.

Which of the two clubs was the last to post a profit in the a Championship?

Vince Hilaire's Afro
03-06-2016, 11:57 PM
Had to look this up to see that it was real :D

Apparently it was "Executive of the Year". I particularly enjoy that the nomination process is Survey Monkey.

http://www.stadiumbusinesssummit.com/sba16-winners-announced/

You get to see who is twattish enough to nominate themselves for an industry conference "award".

There's plenty of chat on one of the other threads about a Barber successfully winning CEO OF THE YEAR

Phil's Barber
04-06-2016, 08:22 AM
There's plenty of chat on one of the other threads about a Barber successfully winning CEO OF THE YEAR

Aaaahh, the romance of the CEO OF THE YEAR awards.

Ninjas Headband
04-06-2016, 08:31 AM
I dream that one day Palace might win the CEO OF THE YEAR AWARD. One day! One day! I can keep dreaming of that day.

Ninjas Headband
04-06-2016, 08:37 AM
If they have the CEO & manager of the year. A team of players who snubbed all the other giants of European football supported by the biggest crowds in the league and all bank rolled by a genius business man than how the fack did they not get promoted?

Jim Cannon
04-06-2016, 09:00 AM
If they have the CEO & manager of the year. A team of players who snubbed all the other giants of European football supported by the biggest crowds in the league and all bank rolled by a genius business man than how the fack did they not get promoted?

Corrupt refs and unfair Play Offs, and that damn ridiculous Goal Difference rule. It's just not fair.

Phil's Barber
04-06-2016, 09:27 AM
They were CHEATED out of it by all the tinpot CHEATS.

But it doesn't matter because it was still a "successful season" Morons.

biggus mickus
04-06-2016, 11:14 AM
Earnings from the championship since 2013-14 season:

Apparently not Biggus !!

Oh, well played. So we win that one too.:D

davech
04-06-2016, 08:28 PM
Corrupt refs and unfair Play Offs, and that damn ridiculous Goal Difference rule. It's just not fair.

There will be a new bonus merit points regime in place for the weed next season:

15 points brought forward (unused from last year).
10 points for the Premiership-ready ground.
10 points for their massive attendances.

That's 35 points - already a fair way to the 90 points they will need - seeing how 89 wasn't enough last year :D.

Vince Hilaire's Afro
04-06-2016, 08:44 PM

Just before the ceremony for CEO OF THE YEAR begins, the nominees go onto the hallowed floorboards of the stage, and soak up the pre-awards atmosphere.

Fans of clubs up and down the country remember each winner of the annual CEO OF THE YEAR award going back decades

eaglejez
05-06-2016, 07:06 AM
:supergrin:

Del Fenner
05-06-2016, 12:44 PM
Palace 7
Brighton 1

Promotions to the top flight whilst being pipped to the title by your rivals, and finding out when you were flying off on your hols? :supergrin:

sherrifbart
05-06-2016, 01:07 PM
Brighton,to be fair,have pulled it off again.,Phil Alexander hasnt brought the big title to Selhurst Park despite his longevity,If we are to be seen as players in this important field,we need to recruit,and do it soon.Our big rivals have beaten us again,first it was,the stadium,the n the seats,then the pies,then,not forgetting, the classiness,and now,the most coveted prize of all,the big one,CEO.of the year.Gonna be a big party in Brighton.But,one day,it will be ours,one day.

Bipe
05-06-2016, 04:55 PM
Don't forget they invented clackers too, blazing a trail for Leicester to follow this season. It's often the case that genuine innovators are under-appreciated until many years into the future but I can't see that being the case for the Seaweed, they are winning friends up and down the country with their progressive approach to developing the complete customer experience which goes way beyond the match results.

Big Gav
05-06-2016, 06:58 PM
Don't forget they invented clackers too, blazing a trail for Leicester to follow this season.

Now it pains me to admit this but I think I remember clackers being handed out in the awful Play Off semi final against Bristol City. I may be wrong I bloody hope so!

New LP
05-06-2016, 10:34 PM
Now it pains me to admit this but I think I remember clackers being handed out in the awful Play Off semi final against Bristol City. I may be wrong I bloody hope so!

Surely that doesn't count in Brighton world as Brighton & Hove Albion didn't even exist back then?*

*With apologies to the hardy band of regulars who couldn't fill the Withdean Stadium.

PhuketEagle
06-06-2016, 06:15 AM
Seaweed - world leaders in Jester Hat with Bells innovation. Our customers are unique in their idiocy. Also we are leaders in acne. Take that Palace.

Glen Eagle
06-06-2016, 06:32 AM
As a compromise, I see Brighton Ladies have been promoted- would they be better rivals?

strolling bones
06-06-2016, 08:44 PM
As a compromise, I see Brighton Ladies have been promoted- would they be better rivals?

The 22 tits on display in the ladies team would be much more of a challenge than the 11 that populate the men's side.. easier on the eye, and harder to beat..

Pidster
07-06-2016, 05:02 AM

Romance? You're shitting me. Do you know how hard it was to get a hotel room for that evening?

Vince Hilaire's Afro
07-06-2016, 05:16 AM
Brighton,to be fair,have pulled it off again.,Phil Alexander hasnt brought the big title to Selhurst Park despite his longevity,If we are to be seen as players in this important field,we need to recruit,and do it soon.Our big rivals have beaten us again,first it was,the stadium,the n the seats,then the pies,then,not forgetting, the classiness,and now,the most coveted prize of all,the big one,CEO.of the year.Gonna be a big party in Brighton.But,one day,it will be ours,one day.

Whilst never hitting the glorious heights of CEO OF THE YEAR, Phil Alexander was once voted onto the Board of Directors for the Football League in 2012. A position from which I would presume a CEO would have the power to implement certain policies that might assist the fortunes of one's club.

Whilst Paul Barber is no doubt as ecstatic with his new title of CEO OF THE YEAR as the rapturous fans of BHAFC, if he'd instead followed in the footsteps of our Phil, perhaps the archaic system of deciding promotion could finally be changed from the ridiculous notion of beating opponents on a football field.

Sadly, Phil was forced to resign from the board when Crystal Palace cruelly achieved promotion to the PL.

Sharkba1t
07-06-2016, 05:36 AM
Don't forget they invented clackers too, blazing a trail for Leicester to follow this season. It's often the case that genuine innovators are under-appreciated until many years into the future but I can't see that being the case for the Seaweed, they are winning friends up and down the country with their progressive approach to developing the complete customer experience which goes way beyond the match results.

Match results??:D....possibly the most "pointless" stat of them all.

fioreuk
07-06-2016, 08:07 AM

Are they what they were though eh? I remember the heady days of childhood when the whole family would gather round the TV for the all day celebration of this exalted title.

CEO Awards Mastermind
CEO Awards Its a Knockout
Meet the CEO's at the Hotel (Selsdon Park if you were a TOP CEO)
On the coach to the awards

Souvenir Paper Pullouts to cherish for ever too.

Those were the days.

As wonderful as this award is for Tony, have our old chums missed the boat again in terms of the plaudits they surely deserve?

old git
07-06-2016, 06:40 PM
http://brandirectory.com/league_tables/table/football-50-2016

Perhaps one of the teams in the top 50 would be more fitting to a club of our status.:supergrin:

Kingstoneagle
08-06-2016, 09:25 AM
http://brandirectory.com/league_tables/table/football-50-2016

Perhaps one of the teams in the top 50 would be more fitting to a club of our status.:supergrin:

'Brand' not club....

Ash
13-06-2016, 10:40 AM
Average League Position In Last 50 Years (http://www.gillingham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=449585)

old git
24-09-2016, 08:48 PM
The answer is still yes.

sydney eagle
24-09-2016, 11:11 PM
Average League Position In Last 50 Years (http://www.gillingham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=449585)
Only 40 tinpot clubs sitting above the mighty Albion in that list

Big Gav
24-09-2016, 11:15 PM
Are they top of the premier league ready list? I'm sure they must be as there are a load of clubs who have played in the premier league already and they aren't one of them :)

old git
25-09-2016, 07:15 AM
Another couple banned from NSC.They can't handle any facts about their pitiful club.They have no weapons to fight back so just ban any Palace fan that corrects their delusions.

Penstone Eagle
25-09-2016, 07:40 AM
Touchy lot, so touchy that spineless Bozza won't create an Away Fans forum. Perhaps he's worried that it would be 'busier' than the Big Board.

thereichstuff
25-09-2016, 07:48 AM
Touchy lot, so touchy that spineless Bozza won't create an Away Fans forum. Perhaps he's worried that it would be 'busier' than the Big Board.

If they had a away end would anything go ? I doubt it very much . Bozza's toy is just that and he would not let anything derogatory about the weed go unpunished :jerkit:

spt1978
25-09-2016, 07:54 AM
So:

Palace 225M
Brighton -45M

equals:

Wow.

Pidster
25-09-2016, 08:03 AM

Some of the soppy sods believe that they can't post on this forum.

Penstone Eagle
25-09-2016, 08:54 AM

Translated as ' we're not posting on the BBS because Palace are far superior to us"

Nth Kent Eagle
25-09-2016, 08:59 AM
Looking at our local rivals well yes. Charlton and Millwall aren't exactly setting the third division on fire. At this rate we could soon be the only league team with an SE postcode.

Vince Hilaire's Afro
25-09-2016, 09:01 AM

From what I recall, he believes it can all be under one roof, provided 'everyone posts responsibly', followed by some guff about rich exchanges of views and perspectives and such.

All of which simply means of course, away fans are welcome on there so long as they join in on the PLR circle jerk and tell the NSC how much they enjoyed their concourse and so on.

"Oh no" says Bozza in retort, "you can be more controversial, but only in threads about your own team, so you don't derail Brighton threads".

Cue lifetime bans on Palace threads because the likes of Sheebo have skin as thick as an anorexic stick insect

SJ'sLoveMonkey
25-09-2016, 09:02 AM

None of them have got the bollocks to post on here anyway, it's a cop out excuse

old git
25-09-2016, 09:06 AM
http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?343401-Weak-Premier-

I think it's a particularly tough Championship this season, and it's going to take a lot of getting out of in the right direction.

But it's only tonight, watching my first MotD of the season, that it's dawned on me how weak the Premier League is this campaign, with all of the following relegation candidates:

- Hull (seemingly this year's basketcase club)
- Watford (over-achieved previously)
- Bournemouth (small club, second season syndrome)
- Crystal Palace (small club, shit manager)
- Middlesbrough (just promoted, struggling. Even lost to Palace)
- Burnley (one man side, and he's a banned homophobe)
- Sunderland (could be their turn after numerous miraculous escapes)

Beyond this lot, these perennial Premier League mid-table clubs could be set for struggles this season:

- West Brom
- West Ham
- Stoke

Even Swansea and Southampton could struggle after previously decent seasons.

Or am I just mis-reading it all?
It would get a lot weaker if that debt ridden mob arrived.

SJ'sLoveMonkey
25-09-2016, 09:16 AM

:supergrin: just when you think they can't get any more bitter :lux:

mpfn
25-09-2016, 09:28 AM
They certainly had a purge last night, with Edna taking all the glory.
Bozza likes to start threads to get a reaction, then when it happens, the likes of Sheebo ( prick ) pings a complaint across.
Unless you massage their egos, you are a troll and will receive a ban.
Gutless wankers .

old git
25-09-2016, 09:30 AM
They certainly had a purge last night, with Edna taking all the glory.
Bozza likes to start threads to get a reaction, then when it happens, the likes of Sheebo ( prick ) pings a complaint across.
Unless you massage their egos, you are a troll and will receive a ban.
Gutless wankers .

With Edna the word holes normally follows glory.

mpfn
25-09-2016, 09:34 AM
With Edna the word holes normally follows glory.

Careful, you could be classed as an homophobe, and Edna would have you carted off to her nick.

Vince Hilaire's Afro
25-09-2016, 10:07 AM

Shame they keep electing to wave all these tinpot clubs on by as they move past them into the PL every year.

Why don't they simply beat them with their superior team and infrastructure, rather than mock them from the division below?

Come on Brighton, cease this self-elected exile from the top flight, and show all these PL clubs how it's done

Penstone Eagle
25-09-2016, 10:39 AM

Yes you can really tell the quality of a league from watching brief TV highlights can't you. :rolleyes:

Still, if it suits your purpose of slagging off clubs that are in a league that your own club has failed to get into, then fine.

wigman
25-09-2016, 11:33 AM
None of them have got the bollocks to post on here anyway, it's a cop out excuse

:hi:

grand aigle
25-09-2016, 12:13 PM
Yes you can really tell the quality of a league from watching brief TV highlights can't you. :rolleyes:

Still, if it suits your purpose of slagging off clubs that are in a league that your own club has failed to get into, then fine.

Some of them really think that IF they EVER get to the Premier league they will find it easy to survive with the mediocre players they have......part of me wants them to go up just to see them get smashed week after week....they slag off Stoke Boro Hull Palace and others, all of who could beat them fairly easily...their whole view of football is based on the dross they see at the AMEX every week where they struggle to beat "tinpot" Championship teams

Jim Cannon
25-09-2016, 12:23 PM
It's great they think they have a Premier League side already, would love to watch that side in the top flight, and see if they can manage 20 points

thereichstuff
25-09-2016, 12:43 PM
Careful, you could be classed as an homophobe, and Edna would have you carted off to her nick.

Unbelievable she's a copper . If I remember correctly she witnessed two palace fans getting grief in a pub full of weeds then posted on the big bored about it and laughing about it ! A policewoman indeed !

dweedman
25-09-2016, 01:19 PM

The exception that proves the rule, my good man.

25-09-2016, 01:42 PM
You have to laugh at how sensitive they are. Banning for starting a thread? Once upon a time they pretended it was fine to start threads on the Big Board so long as you didn't go in to threads about Albion on a wind up. Now they can't even take mild comments.

Whereas on here Brighton fans are free to post anywhere except GPD and the Transfer forum, and in the Away end can wind up as much as they like.

What a bunch of pussies.

Penstone Eagle
25-09-2016, 01:54 PM
You have to laugh at how sensitive they are. Banning for starting a thread? Once upon a time they pretended it was fine to start threads on the Big Board so long as you didn't go in to threads about Albion on a wind up. Now they can't even take mild comments.

Whereas on here the one and only Brighton fan is free to post anywhere except GPD and the Transfer forum, and in the Away end can wind up as much as they like.

What a bunch of pussies.

efa

Eagleinsussex
25-09-2016, 03:15 PM

There cannot be a more deluded group of 'fans' in the world. Loving the comments about how easy they would find it to survive........well stop f ucking choking in the play offs then we would all find out wouldn't we.....Such a bunch of t ossers !

cpfcfly
25-09-2016, 03:32 PM
Whatever happened to the 'glamour' of the PL? The sooner clubs like Swansea, Burnley, West Brom, Hull, Palace, Boro and Stoke City FC are dragged round to the back of the nearest Tesco Express and dispatched with a 'coup de gras' to the nape of the neck the better for the marketing men and all concerned. And to think we export this shit around the world! Utterly disgusting.

I'll be honest, Br*ghton ain't that glamorous. And I spend 3 years at uni there.

Sounds like a massive amount of jealousy to me. We get to play with the big boys whilst they face away days like Burton Albion, Rotherham and Huddersfield.

Joe85
25-09-2016, 05:01 PM
Ah the bright lights of the Amex.

Can you imagine De Bruyne, Ibra, Aguero, Costa, Sanchez, Ozil, Pogba etc strutting their stuff on the hallowed turf?

No? Me neither.

Ash
25-09-2016, 05:21 PM
Anything they write about the riches of the premier league which ends with "utterly disgusting", or some similarly expressed faux outrage, can be loosely translated to "mummy I'm so jealous it hurts".

Those tarquins screaming their faux outrage do so under a delusion that no one can see through them. But of course most can.

Pidster
25-09-2016, 07:36 PM

If you had any stones, you would put the "spineless ones" ( not Bozza, he is a proper inverterbrate ) right. If like the notorious child enthusiast Londoner, they may get short shrift. IF they are like Easyten ( an ugly looking middle-aged twat with his NSC moniker on a Tesco shirt ) espousing racist shit, the may get banned ( nothing to do with his pathetic choice of club, just his racism ).

I would actively encourage all the dolts who's only response to Palace being in the Premier League, and complaining about financial cheats, to come on here and I am happy to bring out some facts. El Prsidente seems to know his stuff and has pointed out the flaws I the oft turned out myths.

thereichstuff
25-09-2016, 09:25 PM

Can you imagine De Bruyne, Ibra, Aguero, Costa, Sanchez, Ozil, Pogba etc strutting their stuff on the hallowed turf?

No? Me neither.

Mind you they'd be in awe of the stadium .

JackTheBiscuit
26-09-2016, 07:41 AM
There cannot be a more deluded group of 'fans' in the world. Loving the comments about how easy they would find it to survive........well stop f ucking choking in the play offs then we would all find out wouldn't we.....Such a bunch of t ossers !

I think they are right about the quality of the premier league this year. However, firstly they have to get there and they continually **** that up and secondly what makes them think that they will improve the quality?? To the world outside the Amex they are an irrelevance.

Selhurst Celtic
26-09-2016, 03:27 PM

wigman, remember posting this?

http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showpost.php?p=9909490&postcount=76

We are true fans, not kids for a quid or bring a friend for a tenner.

Any deals at your soulless bowl this season yet? There were a few last year. BUT DEFINITELY NOT GROUPON.

anti-addick
26-09-2016, 03:28 PM
I'm enjoying our dominance over all of our rivals right now.

South London is ours

wigman
26-09-2016, 07:19 PM
wigman, remember posting this?

http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showpost.php?p=9909490&postcount=76

Any deals at your soulless bowl this season yet? There were a few last year. BUT DEFINITELY NOT GROUPON.

Our 6th season at our new ground and it will be 6 seasons in a row that we average more than you.
Many of you said it would be a White Elephant, you were all wrong.
Over 26,000 for Barnsley where you get 23,000 against Bornemouth when they had a following of over 2k.
Mock us all you want.

Selhurst Celtic
26-09-2016, 07:28 PM
Thanks for not answering my question, you Tarquin cock.

The likes of Leeds, Wednesday etc have bigger grounds than Selhurst. It means nothing. Away fan numbers say more I reckon. Where are you in the league table of away fan attendances?

That's a rhetorical question by the way. I already know the answer.

old git
26-09-2016, 07:30 PM

It is like an automated internet response.They are all brain washed.

wigman
26-09-2016, 07:34 PM

The likes of Leeds, Wednesday etc have bigger grounds than Selhurst. It means nothing. Away fan numbers say more I reckon. Where are you in the league table of away fan attendances?

That's a rhetorical question by the way. I already know the answer.

You played Sunderland on Saturday, a 3pm KO and took 909.
We played Newcastle , live on Sky and a 17.35pm KO and took double the amount and a further distance for us to travel.
Think about it Nige.

Selhurst Celtic
26-09-2016, 07:38 PM
Hehe, 'Nige' from a Brighton fan.

Big Gav
26-09-2016, 07:38 PM
We will keep mocking especially as you give us so much to mock at :)

Vince Hilaire's Afro
26-09-2016, 07:39 PM
Mock us all you want.

Most redundant sentence ever

wigman
26-09-2016, 07:40 PM
Hehe, 'Nige' from a Brighton fan.

Only responding from the Tarquin quote.

Vince Hilaire's Afro
26-09-2016, 07:41 PM
We played Newcastle , live on Sky and a 17.35pm KO and took double the amount and a further distance for us to travel.
Think about it Nige.

I have no idea whether this is true or not.

It's far easier to monitor and compare on pitch success. How about we focus on that. It is, after all what ultimately defines a club.

old git
26-09-2016, 07:41 PM
Only responding from the Tarquin quote.

When did you last play Newcastle away ?I went there a couple of years back and we took around 3k.It is a big day out for clubs like you.

26-09-2016, 07:42 PM
Our 6th season at our new ground and it will be 6 seasons in a row that we average more than you.
Over 26,000 for Barnsley where you get 23,000 against Bornemouth when they had a following of over 2k.
Mock us all you want.

Aren't you losing about 10m a year?

wigman
26-09-2016, 07:43 PM
When did you last play Newcastle away ?I went there a couple of years back and we took around 3k.It is a big day out for clubs like you.

So are Sunderland too small for you ?

Selhurst Celtic
Soccerball tourists love a new ground.

Bwighton last played Newcastle in the league in 1992.

old git
I have no idea whether this is true or not.

It's far easier to monitor and compare on pitch success. How about we focus on that. It is, after all what ultimately defines a club.

He has picked out one match,a match that most fans would like to attend and dresses it up as conclusive proof about how brilliant their support is.Support that is the worst in the entire football league when looked at as a percentage of home fans that travel.

wigman
26-09-2016, 07:44 PM

All our debts are covered, we avoid the admin route. :p

Maiden Eagle
26-09-2016, 07:45 PM
Mock us all you want.

Sorry, but attendances mean **** all. Don't lie and say you are still happy to be a c'ship team and give all that crap about 'look how far we have come since the days of the withdean'.

You are literally the lone rival poster on here ATM and fair play to you for that but do you not feel that lot s/b in the Premiership, by now ? - After all when 'tinpot' clubs like ourselves, Burnley, Hull, Boro, B'Mouth, Watford, Stoke, WBA etc ply our trade in the Prem, don't you think 'why them, not us ?'

old git
So are Sunderland too small for you ?

No but we have all been there.We also played Boro two weeks back and took 1300.I didn't go there either.

wigman
He has picked out one match,a match that most fans would like to attend and dresses it up as conclusive proof about how brilliant their support is.Support that is the worst in the entire football league when looked at as a percentage of home fans that travel.

Just responding, you lot like to dish it but cannot take it back.

old git
26-09-2016, 07:46 PM
Sorry, but attendances mean **** all. Don't lie and say you are still happy to be a c'ship team and give all that crap about 'look how far we have come since the days of the withdean'.

You are literally the lone rival poster on here ATM and fair play to you for that but do you not feel that lot s/b in the Premiership, by now ? - After all when 'tinpot' clubs like ourselves, Burnley, Hull, Boro, B'Mouth, Watford, Stoke, WBA etc ply our trade in the Prem, don't you think 'why them, not us ?'

Wigman is one of the new fans.Goldstone to Amex without stopping anywhere in between.

26-09-2016, 07:48 PM
Incidentally, how many seasons in a row have we had bragging rights now? Must be since the late 80s. A few seasons then when the head to heads were drawn, so if they finished above us in any of those I guess.

old git
26-09-2016, 07:48 PM
Incidentally, how many seasons in a row have we had bragging rights now? Must be since the late 80s. A few seasons then when the head to heads were drawn, so if they finished above us in any of those I guess.

All due to cheating apparently.

26-09-2016, 07:49 PM

What's that got to do with the Amex being a white elephant burning a hole year after year in the penguins pocket?

Selhurst Celtic
26-09-2016, 07:51 PM

This aint North Korea Chat, sunshine.

Selhurst Celtic
26-09-2016, 07:52 PM
What's that got to do with the Amex being a white elephant burning a hole year after year in the penguins pocket?

It's called deflect & swerve.

26-09-2016, 07:52 PM
All due to cheating apparently.

Aye. Never giving up and protesting outside of Lloyds to help save our club rather than standing meekly by to watch it get turned into a Toys R Us was disgraceful behaviour.

We should have been docked even more points than we already had been.

old git
26-09-2016, 07:55 PM
Aye. Never giving up and protesting outside of Lloyds to help save our club rather than standing meekly by to watch it get turned into a Toys R Us was disgraceful behaviour.

We should have been docked even more points than we already had been.

You obviously haven't read 'build a bonfire'. It was written by a Brighton fan so is completely impartial.

thereichstuff
26-09-2016, 07:58 PM
Think about it Nige.
It was your cup final though .

Joe85
26-09-2016, 07:59 PM
I wonder if we're failing some sort of FA Statutory Compliance law by mot having the 80th minute fire drill that Brighton have?

Must be important, they do it every game.

Vince Hilaire's Afro
26-09-2016, 07:59 PM

As old git intimated, trips to the Stadium of Light and St James Park are somewhat commonplace for a club of our stature, steeped as we are in top flight pedigree. Hell, we even pinch Newcastle's best players and sell them our cast offs.

Contrast that with the starry eyed Tarquins. Marvel at their barely contained wankfest over their own over costly, yet still surprisingly modestly scaled and generic Amex shit bowl. Hell, no wonder they shit their pants with excitement at the prospect of visiting a club that they believe conforms with their own idiotically deluded self perception of status within the football heirarchy.

No. Far more telling to remind ourselves of who turns out at the Amex on those sub 16000 Championship Tuesdays, or makes the grim pilgrimages to those unfashionable northern tin pot clubs.

All, as you proudly say, paid for on Tony's ticket. BHAFC - the petulant, self entitled teenage bastard son of an indulgent parent, looking down its nose at its peers, incapable of ever doing an honest days work in its life.

What a sickening pool of bile that infests the Sussex downs.

Vince Hilaire's Afro
26-09-2016, 08:03 PM

Does this excuse your impending disastrously poor effort at complying with FFP?

(Provided the threshold isn't once again adjusted for Bloomflation)

old git
26-09-2016, 08:03 PM
As old git intimated, trips to the Stadium of Light and St James Park are somewhat commonplace for a club of our stature, steeped as we are in top flight pedigree. Hell, we even pinch Newcastle's best players and sell them our cast offs.

Contrast that with the starry eyed Tarquins. Marvel at their barely contained wankfest over their own over costly, yet still surprisingly modestly scaled and generic Amex shit bowl. Hell, no wonder they shit their pants with excitement at the prospect of visiting a club that they believe conforms with their own idiotically deluded self perception of status within the football heirarchy.

No. Far more telling to remind ourselves of who turns out at the Amex on those sub 16000 Championship Tuesdays, or makes the grim pilgrimages to those unfashionable northern tin pot clubs.

All, as you proudly say, paid for on Tony's ticket. BHAFC - the petulant, self entitled teenage bastard son of an indulgent parent, looking down its nose at its peers, incapable of ever doing an honest days work in its life.

What a sickening pool of bile that infests the Sussex downs.

Close thread.:p

Selhurst Celtic
26-09-2016, 08:11 PM
Bwighton last played Newcastle in the league in 1992.

In 1992, when the last deluded derby took place, Yugoslavia, Czechoslovakia & apartheid in South Africa still existed.

Oh & Zaha was born too.

26-09-2016, 08:11 PM
You obviously haven't read 'build a bonfire'. It was written by a Brighton fan so is completely impartial.

Wait, you're supposed to read it? I had a load of them but I thought the title was an instruction.

Made a shit bonfire too. Blazed brightly at first then faded quickly, and everyone I'd invited to watch left early to go and watch their main bonfire on sky.

Vince Hilaire's Afro
26-09-2016, 08:24 PM
They're building a new, even bigger bonfire right now, called 'Tony's Money'

grand aigle
26-09-2016, 09:12 PM
Mock us all you want.

Blah blah attendances....that's all you've got isn't it........sad sad man, spending all your sad life on here..go and get laid mate, come back when (if) you ever get promotion!

Jim Cannon
26-09-2016, 09:18 PM
No but we have all been there.We also played Boro two weeks back and took 1300.I didn't go there either.

I went to both, but by anyone's standards 2 long trips to the North east in a few weeks is expensive and time consuming. Brighton fans take a few to Newcastle for their first league trip there in years and once again think it makes them a big club. How they fail to realise nobody takes them seriously always amuses me

vegas78
27-09-2016, 08:22 AM
Blah blah attendances....that's all you've got isn't it........sad sad man, spending all your sad life on here..go and get laid mate, come back when (if) you ever get promotion!

Tbf mate, he is a decent poster. The only one that has stuck on here sticking up for them.

At the moment I dont't let anything they say wind me up, we are so far ahead at the minute and its ripping most of them apart!

fioreuk
27-09-2016, 08:24 AM

No? Me neither.

They may want to take their kids to one of the "Camp on the Pitch" nights at the Amex?

Although with Londoner and the like around wouldn't advise anyone to take their kids there.

anti-addick
27-09-2016, 09:38 AM
Mock us all you want.

Yes but your attendance is only there for 75 mins. That means you can knock 20% off it.

eaglejez
27-09-2016, 09:47 AM

its more like 18m since all the income and costs are essentially fixed now. The only variant is player transfers.

ps - this ignores the interest cost which would be over 10m if any other club racked up these debts

evvo111
27-09-2016, 11:15 AM
26,000 against Barnsley?

http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/onesport/cps/480/cpsprodpb/31F2/production/_91368721_rexfeatures_5953175b.jpg

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/bs.gif

Penstone Eagle
27-09-2016, 11:21 AM
26,000 against Barnsley?

http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/onesport/cps/480/cpsprodpb/31F2/production/_91368721_rexfeatures_5953175b.jpg

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/bs.gif

Same situation when I was invited to the AMEX recently to watch Brentford stuff them, empty seats everywhere, to be fair those that are there have a chuckle when the attendance is announced, followed of course by applause when the away figure is given.

DeanGoodsnake
27-09-2016, 11:56 AM
Same situation when I was invited to the AMEX recently to watch Brentford stuff them, empty seats everywhere, to be fair those that are there have a chuckle when the attendance is announced, followed of course by applause when the away figure is given.

We all know they are not counting punters through the gate ......
It's also hilarious how they called Murray judas and laughed at him lying injured on the floor....
Now he's one of their own and the man who they have been missing..
The messiah has returned ...
I loved him at Palace but now he can **** off like all the weed players

DeanGoodsnake
27-09-2016, 12:07 PM
Think about it Nige.

It's not our fault you all live in the skagville by the sea....
Our average home and away attendances piss all over yours historically.... Don't they?
I'd of kicked you tramps out the league the moment you lost your ground to gamleys toy shop...
Pikeing it at Gillingham and and playing at a county div2 ground is more than enough for expulsion and to top it all off your losing 10 million a year and still paying millions for players I can't wait to watch the club melt in the playoffs again and then get most of their squad cherry picked..
Delusional southern softies

Dike Mean
27-09-2016, 12:20 PM
Think about it Nige.

So you took more to Newcastle than you did for the Play Off Semi Final?

Pidster
27-09-2016, 12:25 PM

Was it "Non-Premier League Day"?

Pidster
27-09-2016, 12:27 PM
So you took more to Newcastle than you did for the Play Off Semi Final?

That's because Shefield Wenesday are "tinpot".

CedarEagle
27-09-2016, 12:33 PM

Compare it to when we play Man Utd, where there is a genuine festering hatred in the air.

THIS

anti-addick
27-09-2016, 02:09 PM
That's probably because we've stiffed them over for decades. Had they been decent enough to **** us up at all we'd be more angry about it.

Right now it's just laughter

Nth Kent Eagle
27-09-2016, 02:29 PM
its more like 18m since all the income and costs are essentially fixed now. The only variant is player transfers.

ps - this ignores the interest cost which would be over 10m if any other club racked up these debts

Add the rest. If a business that spends c.43m and generates 23m of income a year tried to roll over a debt of 152m they'd do very well to get away with 10m interest.

Phil's Barber
27-09-2016, 04:09 PM
Was it "Non-Premier League Day"?

Every day is Non-Premier League Day at the Amex.

SJ'sLoveMonkey
27-09-2016, 04:12 PM
Every day is Non-Premier League Day at the Amex.

No denying that

eagle mart
27-09-2016, 05:26 PM
Brighton never sold out their allocation at the millenium stadium.

Couldn't sell-off a play-off a semi.

Yeah, attendances

old git
27-09-2016, 07:35 PM
550 at Portman road according to their police spotter.:clown:

SJ'sLoveMonkey
27-09-2016, 07:41 PM

old git
27-09-2016, 07:42 PM

I have been to Ipswich many times and even at our lowest ebb we packed that end.

SJ'sLoveMonkey
27-09-2016, 07:43 PM
I have been to Ipswich many times and even at our lowest ebb we packed that end.

Fact OG

SJ'sLoveMonkey
27-09-2016, 07:44 PM
It's no shock though is it? Their away support is abysmal

SJ'sLoveMonkey
27-09-2016, 07:45 PM
I almost feel guilty about mocking them ( I did say almost!)

Jim Cannon
27-09-2016, 08:18 PM
I wonder if we're failing some sort of FA Statutory Compliance law by mot having the 80th minute fire drill that Brighton have?

Must be important, they do it every game.

They take it very seriously to be fair. It appears to me that scattered areas of the stadium have been deemed unsafe, and this explains the vast areas of empty seats we are accustomed to seeing, leaving thousands of angry and disappointed fans locked out, it's health and safety gone mad.

Vince Hilaire's Afro
27-09-2016, 08:24 PM

Something something traffic, something trains, something people on holiday, something Sky TV, something twenty away games in a row since last home game, something

Nth Kent Eagle
27-09-2016, 08:43 PM
Ipswich do rip you off with ticket prices for away fans.

DeanGoodsnake
28-09-2016, 10:36 AM

550 :lux::lux::lux:
Well done that's superb support what's the percentage of that from 25,000?
Sleeping giant

selhursthoover
28-09-2016, 10:55 AM

Spotting the crowd let alone their hard boys!!!

I wonder if the old West Street mob are still about.

SJ'sLoveMonkey
28-09-2016, 11:11 AM
Spotting the crowd let alone their hard boys!!!

I wonder if the old West Street mob are still about.

Were they the ones we only saw the back of?!

sherrifbart
28-09-2016, 11:35 AM
I well remember the West St.mob,running faster than an Italian tank in reverse.Those lads did some pretty impressive scarpering and hiding.

Ash
28-09-2016, 01:05 PM
550 :lux::lux::lux:
Well done that's superb support what's the percentage of that from 25,000?
Sleeping giant

plastics%

eagle mart
28-09-2016, 01:12 PM
About 2%.That's it.

2% go to away games out of all those loyal - BRIGHTON TILL I DIE fans.

TINPOT! That has to be the lowest % in the country. I think Oldham had 175 at Charlton. That's 4% of their home crowd.

Can anyone think of a lower %? MK Dons perhaps? But then they were a pot Noodle instant, grow your own club. Which is pretty much like Brighton 2011 FC.

Ash
28-09-2016, 01:43 PM
There was a chart showing how they were one of the worst clubs in the country for away attendance vs home pretendance as a %.

DeanGoodsnake
28-09-2016, 01:52 PM
There was a chart showing how they were one of the worst clubs in the country for away attendance vs home pretendance as a %.

That says all you need to know about that poisonous club....
Plastic home fan base with the most disloyal and fickle away followings in British football

si1965
28-09-2016, 03:08 PM

http://www.efl.com/documents/travelling-fans-as-percentage-of-home-fans549-2598187.pdf

Just keep scrolling down to the bottom...

Selhurst Celtic
28-09-2016, 03:26 PM
That is very embarrassing for the Tarquins. Even shitter than MK Dons.

old git
28-09-2016, 03:41 PM
That is very embarrassing for the Tarquins. Even shitter than MK Dons.

I am sure as we speak one of them is working away trying to show it in a good light.
distance travelled divided by motorway miles in Sussex multiplied by hilly terrain should put them top.

Ash
28-09-2016, 03:59 PM
http://www.efl.com/documents/travelling-fans-as-percentage-of-home-fans549-2598187.pdf

Repped.

Ash
28-09-2016, 04:03 PM
Interesting that it's only Brighton keeping Reading off the bottom. Proof that it's not about being on the south coast or having 45 minutes longer to travel than London clubs, it's about farty twat ruperts, tarquins and plastics making up the majority of home attendances.

Selhurst Celtic
28-09-2016, 04:14 PM
It's not a football town.

Subsidised transport, comfy seats and an AWARD WINNING CONCOURSE is all that matters for the Tarquins who don't really get 'footy'.

We should cut them off as it's a bit embarrassing for us by association to have them as so called rivals.

Payney
28-09-2016, 04:15 PM
FOOTBALL LEAGUE ATTENDANCE REPORT - SEASON 2014/15 :D A classic read.

Its there in black and white for all to see. Irrefutable proof that Brighton has the worst away support in England. They know, we know it...the whole of f-cking football knows it.

They really should just stick to sailing, horse gymkhanas and hockey, These type of sports are really what they enjoy on a Saturday.

little al
28-09-2016, 04:17 PM
Brighton were a bigger club when they played at the Withdene.

RUSSELL
28-09-2016, 04:50 PM
Brighton were a bigger club when they played at the Withdene.

Just as shit though :supergrin:

Eagleinsussex
28-09-2016, 04:54 PM

That is just a disgrace.

little al
28-09-2016, 04:55 PM
Just as shit though :supergrin:

Oh no doubt about that.

mpfn
28-09-2016, 05:06 PM
Keeping quiet about the numbers to Ipswich on NSC.
With it being a relatively local game, and a chance to go top 2, it sums up this pretentious seaside team.
Tinpot.

SJ'sLoveMonkey
28-09-2016, 05:16 PM
Keeping quiet about the numbers to Ipswich on NSC.
With it being a relatively local game, and a chance to go top 2, it sums up this pretentious seaside team.
Tinpot.

It's only home attendances that count (and they don't do that very well either by the vast number of empty seats)

Jim Cannon
28-09-2016, 05:35 PM
They must be near the top of Sugar Daddy Guaranteed Loans to be fair

Vince Hilaire's Afro
28-09-2016, 07:56 PM
Interesting that it's only Brighton keeping Reading off the bottom. Proof that it's not about being on the south coast or having 45 minutes longer to travel than London clubs, it's about farty twat ruperts, tarquins and plastics making up the majority of home attendances.

You give them too much credit. Surely the dopey ***** realise that, even to go north, South London based Palace fans often have to drive south to the m25 practically half way to Brighton before being able to head towards their destination.

old git
09-04-2017, 07:07 PM
The answer is still yes.

SJ'sLoveMonkey
09-04-2017, 07:09 PM
The answer is still yes.

:p

wehatepalace
09-04-2017, 07:23 PM
The answer is still yes.

Oh I dunno, I reckon ever since Mullery owned Allison that's something we have the privilege of. Ask any Charlton fan and I reckon they'd say the same. You may be the most embarrassing rivals, but you're our embarrassing rivals.

Eagleinsussex
09-04-2017, 09:09 PM
Oh I dunno, I reckon ever since Mullery owned Allison that's something we have the privilege of. Ask any Charlton fan and I reckon they'd say the same. You may be the most embarrassing rivals, but you're our embarrassing rivals.

Charlton Brighton love in, ahh that's so sweet

thereichstuff
09-04-2017, 09:41 PM
Charlton Brighton love in, ahh that's so sweet

A right pair of deluded ***** .

old git
28-04-2017, 01:30 PM
Expecting us to offer a hearty 'three cheers' on their promotion is a little embarrassing.

Vince Hilaire's Afro
28-04-2017, 01:39 PM
Expecting us to offer a hearty 'three cheers' on their promotion is a little embarrassing.

Don't forget - a thread was set up on their messageboard just so they could offer their congratulations (to the people who aren't tolerated on the site)

Penstone Eagle
28-04-2017, 06:11 PM
Difficult to have them as rivals when every other club thinks they're wankers.

jjeagle
28-04-2017, 07:29 PM
I will say it again, **** each and every one of 'em

Hitler
30-04-2017, 12:37 PM
Burnley's first away win in almost TWO YEARS?
You twats should shut RIGHT up now!
:lux:

Coastal Palace
30-04-2017, 02:13 PM

How many top flight away games have you won in the last 2 years?
Or the last 34 years, for that matter.

Big Gav
30-04-2017, 02:18 PM
Funny how during our good run shitler is hardly ever seen, lose to Burnley and the tramp suddenly turns up.

HurstpierPalace
30-04-2017, 02:49 PM

Also gave Chelsea and Liverpool one of their only home defeats this season. Good result against Bristol City, you silly, piss stained tramp.:hi:

old git
30-04-2017, 02:50 PM
Funny how during our good run shitler is hardly ever seen, lose to Burnley and the tramp suddenly turns up.

Probably on another cruise around littlehampton boating 🛶 lake.

wigman
30-04-2017, 03:41 PM

Was over there today and the boats were all tied up and not available to hire.

PIE "N" MASH
30-04-2017, 03:55 PM

No one said he was on a boat:supergrin:

Coastal Palace
30-04-2017, 04:08 PM
No one said he was on a boat:supergrin:

Penstone Eagle
30-04-2017, 05:18 PM

He should have come over to Lancing and had a ride on the train around Brooklands lake then. Not as fast as the pendelino train that seems to get you home very quickly after full time though :supergrin:

Bipe
30-04-2017, 06:54 PM

You mean Burnley got promoted last season without accruing a single away win? Wow, that's some record. They must have won all 23 home games and drawn all 23 away games.

Coastal Palace
30-04-2017, 07:09 PM

I bet he's asked many a young seaman to come on his boat.

Hitler
01-05-2017, 05:15 PM
You mean Burnley got promoted last season without accruing a single away win? Wow, that's some record. They must have won all 23 home games and drawn all 23 away games.

Okay it's almost 1 year.
Congrats on breaking the duck tykes, a season with no wins on the road would have looked bad.

Eagleinsussex
01-05-2017, 06:10 PM
Okay it's almost 1 year.
Congrats on breaking the duck tykes, a season with no wins on the road would have looked bad.

Congrats as well to Bristol City, always nice to win at the Wonky stadium ooo aaarrr

matbha
01-05-2017, 06:22 PM
Congrats as well to Bristol City, always nice to win at the Wonky stadium ooo aaarrr

I bet Brighton fans threw coins and lighters at the city players ,oh hang on that's you lot:jerkit:

old git
01-05-2017, 06:26 PM
I bet Brighton fans threw coins and lighters at the city players ,oh hang on that's you lot:jerkit:

We didn't throw anything at the city players.

Eagleinsussex
01-05-2017, 06:27 PM

Lol :lux:

matbha
01-05-2017, 07:10 PM

Sorry you only fight your own players :supergrin: