PDA

View Full Version : Using Brighton to cure Post FA Cup Final Let Down

eaglejez
23-05-2016, 08:29 AM
Lets face it we are feeling incredibly down but luckily we have Brighton as our rivals to cheer ourselves up. Lets use this thread to at least try and make ourselves feel a bit better. I'll start

Brighton LOL :supergrin:

Malarkey
23-05-2016, 08:31 AM
Brighton exist purely to cure PTSD and chronic depression

loz
23-05-2016, 08:59 AM
I dont feel down. My team Crystal Palace have just played in the FA cup final.The scenes of the Palace fans where shown all over the world and we should be proud of ourselves.

We reached a cup final, the loveies down the M23 could not even reach a play off final. So not the top 2 or the top 3, the make weights of the division below us.

SeanPalace84
23-05-2016, 09:08 AM
EagleEater! Enough said, guy should be a stand up comedian.

Malarkey
23-05-2016, 09:18 AM
We reached a cup final, the loveies down the M23 could not even reach a play off final.

Only had 3 attempts in 4 years tbf

Leopald Stotch
23-05-2016, 09:43 AM
https://youtu.be/0-oEVqSAgsg

Say no more!!!

CharlieCPFC
23-05-2016, 10:17 AM
In all honesty it's amusing at how Brighton continually manage to bollocks things up but I'm gradually getting to the point where I don't care about them. Without having the arrogant stance we need to look past them and push on ourselves now. They're like the kid who keeps pissing themselves in class, it's funny for 5/10 minutes and handy for bait but just that.

SJ'sLoveMonkey
23-05-2016, 10:18 AM
I was feeling flat as a witches tit yesterday but now the dust has settled I just feel overwhelming pride for the players and mostly our fans who yet again showed the footballing world what passion and support is all about

old git
23-05-2016, 10:33 AM
We have once again survived in the premier league and to add a cup final is a massive achievement.It is a bit upsetting that all this has been overshadowed by Brighton who finished third in a poor division and then managed to come second in their play off semi-final.Some achievement that, especially when it looks like their losses for the year are forecast to be the biggest ever.
Tarquins we salute you.

Eagleinsussex
23-05-2016, 11:06 AM
I dont feel down. My team Crystal Palace have just played in the FA cup final.The scenes of the Palace fans where shown all over the world and we should be proud of ourselves.

We reached a cup final, the loveies down the M23 could not even reach a play off final. So not the top 2 or the top 3, the make weights of the division below us.

100% this, 3 times in 4 years the weeds have bottled it and to be out sung on your home turf by 2000 Wednesday in their biggest match of the season.........just embarrassing. With Newcastle, Villa and Norwich to contend with next season, very much doubt they will have any chance next year :)

Big Gav
23-05-2016, 11:38 AM
EagleEater! Enough said, guy should be a stand up comedian.

I think Londoner has come back in a different guise. I know they are a strange lot but surely you can't get two that ******* stupid

Ash
23-05-2016, 11:43 AM
They are creaming themselves over *finally* SUCCESSFULLY SINGING SONGS at the amex.

We are licking our wounds after narrowly losing the show piece finale of the football season and the world's oldest cup competition played against one of the world's richest clubs.

They have just lost a third play-off semi final in four years and remain Championship also-rans. Next season they will square up to Burton Albion and Rotherham United.

We are preparing for a fourth season playing in the world's richest most famous football league competition.

They could be where we are now had they not bottled it for the biggest game in their history back on that fateful night in May 2013.

We are proper football people. They are not. They are tarquins.

bunghole
23-05-2016, 11:55 AM
1700 at tinpot Wednesday.

The club that keeps on giving.

eaglejez
23-05-2016, 01:42 PM
1700 at tinpot Wednesday.

The club that keeps on giving.

in their defence it was on a school night.........actually it wasn't :D

AndyStreet
23-05-2016, 02:26 PM
They came fifth in the Championship's Programme of the Year competition today. I can only assume they will subsequently bottle it in the playoffs of that too.

old git
23-05-2016, 02:31 PM
They came fifth in the Championship's Programme of the Year competition today. I can only assume they will subsequently bottle it in the playoffs of that too.

Is there no end to their success?

AndyStreet
23-05-2016, 02:33 PM
Is there no end to their success?

Their Programme is PLR too, you know.

CPFC since 1989
23-05-2016, 02:54 PM
Brighton totally facked up club. We are premier league.

old git
23-05-2016, 03:01 PM
I have no idea who this player is but he must be something special

Wibble Wobble
23-05-2016, 03:19 PM
I have no idea who this player is but he must be something special
Shame for him he didn't get that close to Yannick before he sent that delicious cross for Wilf head in.