On a Friday? But I can't go anyway, gutted

Wolfnipplechips
02-06-2016, 03:23 PM
On a Friday? But I can't go anyway, gutted

Shouldn't you be revising?

Scrumpy
02-06-2016, 03:25 PM
They're also playing Bournemouth. For those of you who speak Spanish

http://www.deportevalenciano.com/2016/06/02/bournemouth-crystal-palace-rivales-valencia-pretemporada

King William
02-06-2016, 04:02 PM
Gutted this isn't away

King William
02-06-2016, 04:34 PM

http://www.deportevalenciano.com/2016/06/02/bournemouth-crystal-palace-rivales-valencia-pretemporada

Gracias amigo

SeanPalace84
02-06-2016, 04:37 PM
Would definately go to this

Ruskin Old Boy
02-06-2016, 05:03 PM

A good choice of opponents for a home friendly.

Nth Kent Eagle
02-06-2016, 05:59 PM
Would rather go to Valencia. From driving past I've often wondered how you can get such a high capacity ground on such a small footprint. You must have vertigo in the stands.

Ruskin Old Boy
02-06-2016, 06:18 PM
Would rather go to Valencia. From driving past I've often wondered how you can get such a high capacity ground on such a small footprint. You must have vertigo in the stands.

Amazing ground isn't it.

Feel more at home in Levante's ground (especially with the red and blue stripes).

eagle mart
02-06-2016, 06:33 PM
£10 a ticket please.

Nth Kent Eagle
02-06-2016, 06:41 PM
Amazing ground isn't it.

Feel more at home in Levante's ground (especially with the red and blue stripes).

Not been past Levante but always keep an eye for their results, along with Valencia and in particular Villareal.

TristanWhite
02-06-2016, 07:47 PM
I've known about this but was sworn to secrecy in case it wasn't going to happen. Going to be a fun day for me. As well as being an Eagles season ticket holder, I also run the Valencia CF supporters club over here. Got about 200+ people on my books, so hopefully will be able to bring quite a lot of Chés to this match, though annoyingly many of them are on their summer hols... in Valencia. In fact, I would also have been, were it not for this match. :-)

I have been running Penya Guiri de Londres (Valencia's official fan club in the UK) and sort tickets out for dozens of our travelling supporters every season. Personally I have only been to Valencia-Monaco, Valencia-Celta and Ghent-Valencia this season, but have been sorting tickets out for all our matches this year both home and away at Barcelona, Real Madrid, Zenit St Petersburg, Lyon, Bilbao, Atlético Madrid, etc.

I also write a fanzine for all the UK-based Valencia fans and will be doing one for this game as well of course.

Palace will probably win because we'll (ahhh, "we" is so confusing right now!!) be much more match fit after the North American jaunt, whereas Valencia will only have played a small tournament in Finland and perhaps a match against a French team by then, plus they tend not to do well in summer friendlies. And the team is in a bit of disarray as I'm sure you all know, with most of our players up for sale this summer after an atrocious season in which Gary Neville (now gone) almost took us (aaargh! "us" - this is hard) down.

It's going to be an interesting experience for me. I have never been in the away end at Palace before, and I hope none of the Palace fans taunt "us" too much as it'll be hard for me. I've been a Valencia follower since I was a child, and running the supporters club since our Champions League run in 1999.

Repo Man
02-06-2016, 08:58 PM
If they charge similar to the Lazio game a couple of seasons back, I'm well up for this, just hope the club don't get greedy and try to charge category A (or even B) prices for this.

Am Phibian
03-06-2016, 08:24 AM
Excelente. Balenthea.

SilentAssassin
03-06-2016, 08:29 AM
I've known about this but was sworn to secrecy in case it wasn't going to happen. Going to be a fun day for me. As well as being an Eagles season ticket holder, I also run the Valencia CF supporters club over here. Got about 200+ people on my books, so hopefully will be able to bring quite a lot of Chés to this match, though annoyingly many of them are on their summer hols... in Valencia. In fact, I would also have been, were it not for this match. :-)

I have been running Penya Guiri de Londres (Valencia's official fan club in the UK) and sort tickets out for dozens of our travelling supporters every season. Personally I have only been to Valencia-Monaco, Valencia-Celta and Ghent-Valencia this season, but have been sorting tickets out for all our matches this year both home and away at Barcelona, Real Madrid, Zenit St Petersburg, Lyon, Bilbao, Atlético Madrid, etc.

I also write a fanzine for all the UK-based Valencia fans and will be doing one for this game as well of course.

Palace will probably win because we'll (ahhh, "we" is so confusing right now!!) be much more match fit after the North American jaunt, whereas Valencia will only have played a small tournament in Finland and perhaps a match against a French team by then, plus they tend not to do well in summer friendlies. And the team is in a bit of disarray as I'm sure you all know, with most of our players up for sale this summer after an atrocious season in which Gary Neville (now gone) almost took us (aaargh! "us" - this is hard) down.

It's going to be an interesting experience for me. I have never been in the away end at Palace before, and I hope none of the Palace fans taunt "us" too much as it'll be hard for me. I've been a Valencia follower since I was a child, and running the supporters club since our Champions League run in 1999.

Many expected over from Valencia including other fan groups, seeing as they didn't qualify for European football this season?

dannyboy1807
03-06-2016, 12:05 PM

it weren't the manager it was the team that nearly took them down and none of those players would have given a damn about it.

Maidstoned Eagle
03-06-2016, 03:27 PM

Come over for a Malaga game. ....meet Chocky, Biggus, Sexyrazor and myself....that'll teach ya. :D

Maidstoned Eagle
03-06-2016, 03:27 PM
Gutted this isn't away

Yo tambien

gold76
03-06-2016, 07:16 PM
Enthused by this, I think we've shied away from marquee home friendlies in recent years due to losing money.

But it's great fun for the fans, a Friday night, perhaps a few cheeky beers and Palace.

i'd be tempted..

tasty_snacks
03-06-2016, 10:36 PM
Valencia at home of a Friday eve. Muy bien. :lux:

Hampshire Hog
04-06-2016, 05:44 PM
Is this happening

laggin
06-06-2016, 12:50 AM
If they charge similar to the Lazio game a couple of seasons back, I'm well up for this, just hope the club don't get greedy and try to charge category A (or even B) prices for this.

you will have to purchase a cat B friendly ticket to qualify for this cat A friendly

King William
06-06-2016, 05:42 AM
you will have to purchase a cat B friendly ticket to qualify for this cat A friendly

Wasn't it the Lazio friendly that was members only....only police advice?!?!

ebyeeckeagle
06-06-2016, 10:42 AM

:)

RobertCPFC
06-06-2016, 11:41 AM
Wasn't it the Lazio friendly that was members only....only police advice?!?!

It was along with no away supporters.

Repo Man
06-06-2016, 11:55 AM
It was along with no away supporters.

There were loads of people in Lazio shirts wandering around in the bar areas in the main stand, made the whole home support only thing a joke.

Dorking .Eagle
06-06-2016, 12:21 PM
Lazio fans just bought memberships, then 4 tickets per membership. Plenty in the Stephensons block by the dugouts

laggin
07-06-2016, 02:08 AM
Lazio fans just bought memberships, then 4 tickets per membership. Plenty in the Stephensons block by the dugouts

we must have as many members as arsenal and moan u

Selhurst300
13-06-2016, 09:42 PM
Has this rumour been confirmed yet?

Repo Man
13-06-2016, 09:46 PM
Presume they're waiting for the league fixtures to be confirmed later in the week.

aj4england
15-06-2016, 04:36 AM

Think you should offer your service to the club as a Valencia specific scout. Anyone that would do us ?

catty
15-06-2016, 10:42 AM
The Valencia website is showing this as the 6th at 3pm. I've just had an email from AFCB confirming their friendly against valencia as the 3rd.

Dorking .Eagle
15-06-2016, 10:52 AM
I thought SB said it was 'etiquette' for the host club to announce such fixtures first???

selhursthoover
15-06-2016, 03:38 PM
Word on the street is it is Saturday at 3pm.

Ninjas Headband
15-06-2016, 03:54 PM
Oh! Good to hear as it's my birthday weekend.

Joooe
15-06-2016, 06:59 PM
Was kind of looking forward to it being on the 5th. Football in the evening then home for the Olympics opening that night.

gold76
15-06-2016, 07:16 PM
Yes, kinda had it pencilled in for the 5th and plans a-brewing, pity if its on the Saturday..

CPFC_Fan
15-06-2016, 07:51 PM
http://www.valenciacf.com/ver/59129/londres.html

Confirmed by Valencia

cranesparkeagle
15-06-2016, 08:12 PM
Think this is terrific. They have some very good players. We will be close to the the start of our season than them, a bit fitter perhaps? Friday also perfect for me

If Saturday not so

jaspercpfc
15-06-2016, 08:16 PM
Yes, kinda had it pencilled in for the 5th and plans a-brewing, pity if its on the Saturday..

still join us for a beer though :p

in-exile
15-06-2016, 08:21 PM
Would prefer a German team....Union was great!!

Dorking .Eagle
15-06-2016, 08:35 PM
http://www.valenciacf.com/ver/59129/londres.html

Confirmed by Valencia

Love the pic of Barry Bannan!

Joooe
15-06-2016, 08:59 PM
I hope they know the ground in that other pic is the American place we're going to and they don't think it's Selhurst. Or they're gonna be a bit disappointed.

Kirby
15-06-2016, 09:43 PM
Love the pic of Barry Bannan!

Am I missing something?

Scrumpy
17-06-2016, 10:34 AM
Can a mod edit the title now this has been confirmed? I tried but it didnt work :(

selhursthoover
17-06-2016, 11:04 AM
Can a mod edit the title now this has been confirmed? I tried but it didnt work :(

It has not by Palace yet?

:p

Big-Griff
17-06-2016, 01:48 PM
This will be a great day out :p

Dorking .Eagle
26-06-2016, 01:53 PM
Anyone know why CPFC haven't confirmed this yet, or shall we just assume it's the usual 'typical Palace'?

Neil the Eagle
26-06-2016, 03:10 PM
Should be confirmed early next week, possibly tomorrow, is my understanding.

Dorking .Eagle
26-06-2016, 03:51 PM
Thx

Pistol Knight
27-06-2016, 01:13 PM
http://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/article/crystal-palace-will-be-hosting-a-pre-season-friendly-against-spanish-giants-valencia-at-selhurst-park-on-saturday-6th-august-kicking-off-at-3pm.-3157447.aspx

:lux::lux::lux:

Mods can change the title now

Neil the Eagle
27-06-2016, 01:22 PM
Should be confirmed early next week, possibly tomorrow, is my understanding.

Anyone wanna know this week's lottery numbers? :lux:

HRP
27-06-2016, 04:30 PM
Anyone wanna know this week's lottery numbers? :lux:

No , but can you find out why the club can't release ticket prices , if season ticket holders can sit in there normal seats and what part of the ground is open.

Can't understand who everything takes so long with CPFC at the moment

Neil the Eagle
27-06-2016, 07:54 PM
I asked for that :)

Repo Man
30-06-2016, 09:41 AM
Anyone have any idea about pricing for this - I thought tickets are supposed to be going on sale tomorrow, strange they've kept quiet this close to tickets going on sale.

If they charge more than £20, I'll leave it and go to the Fulham game instead.

HRP
30-06-2016, 05:57 PM
Anyone have any idea about pricing for this - I thought tickets are supposed to be going on sale tomorrow, strange they've kept quiet this close to tickets going on sale.

If they charge more than £20, I'll leave it and go to the Fulham game instead.

Not strange at all , this is the palace way . ******* well disgraceful , club shop site hardly works and 14 hours before an event goes on sale no pricing details , or seating details are available other than corporate .

Is there a box office manager or communications manager in place at the moment ?:clown:

wilf789
01-07-2016, 10:11 AM
Reasonable prices if you ask me:
http://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/tickets-for-crystal-palaces-friendly-against-valencia-at-selhurst-park-on-6th-august-kick-off-3pm-are-now-on-sale.-3163293.aspx

Also, for Friendlies do people think that it's ok to have an away-supporting fan in the Holmesdale?
I have a good friend who's been a Valencia season ticket holder for years, and has become a bit of a Palace fan when she lived in London.
She wants to come to the game but to stand with me in Block B whilst wearing a Valencia shirt - would anyone really have a problem with that do you think?

Guessing it should be fine seeing as it's just a Friendly, but thought I might as well ask and see what others thought.

Dorking .Eagle
01-07-2016, 10:28 AM
I would have thought it a bit daft to wear a Valencia shirt whilst standing in Block B, even if the HF are going to be in block E. Block B is the most 'territorial' part of the ground

Personally believe the away end is the place to be if you want to wear away colours.

Wouldn't have thought there would be an issue with them being in B if they didn't wear away colours though

Jammy
01-07-2016, 12:23 PM
Good pricing and an interesting team to play against.

Looking forward to it.

cpfcfly
01-07-2016, 02:42 PM
Looks like the HF will have block E. Will they be selling it themselves? Would like to be in there personally.

Olympian2
01-07-2016, 03:10 PM
Well done Palace on the pricing for very decent opposition

Scrumpy
01-07-2016, 03:20 PM
Reasonable prices if you ask me:
http://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/tickets-for-crystal-palaces-friendly-against-valencia-at-selhurst-park-on-6th-august-kick-off-3pm-are-now-on-sale.-3163293.aspx

Also, for Friendlies do people think that it's ok to have an away-supporting fan in the Holmesdale?
I have a good friend who's been a Valencia season ticket holder for years, and has become a bit of a Palace fan when she lived in London.
She wants to come to the game but to stand with me in Block B whilst wearing a Valencia shirt - would anyone really have a problem with that do you think?

Guessing it should be fine seeing as it's just a Friendly, but thought I might as well ask and see what others thought.

To be honest she may not even be let in to the home sections if she is wearing a Valencia shirt

wilf789
01-07-2016, 06:47 PM
It's a friendly though! I've been in block b for 10+ years now but surely part of the point of a friendly is to bring fans of opposing teams together?

Dorking .Eagle
01-07-2016, 07:40 PM
You can do that in the car park fan zone. B block is home fans only

Aguila Lakes
01-07-2016, 07:57 PM
I would just ask her to take the shirt off. Is she fit?

Am Phibian
04-07-2016, 07:15 AM
They are letting non-members in. *swooooon*

£30 for me and the two kids. Not bad.

gold76
04-07-2016, 09:42 AM
Working that day- major bugger

BaldEagle96
04-07-2016, 10:27 AM
Season Ticket seats not held for ST holders so just in case you want your normal seats better get in quick.

JAS78
14-07-2016, 08:17 PM
Online is anyone able to choose their exact row because it now defaults to the lowest row only?

I'm sure on the old system you used to be able to choose your exact row in the block you wanted, otherwise it looks like a trip up to the box office

RobertCPFC
14-07-2016, 08:24 PM
You should be able to go on choose seats. I did that on Monday.

JAS78
14-07-2016, 08:39 PM
You should be able to go on choose seats. I did that on Monday.

Yeah Tried that but only allowing me to choose the stand/block. Then only offering front 5 rows in the Arthur

Try and get up there the weekend I think

Paxton
19-07-2016, 09:26 PM
TristanWhite, this is really a question for you. Do you know about the ticket arrangements for Valencia supporters?

I ask because my son (CPFC ST holder), who is reading Spanish, has Valencia as his Spanish/second team.

For a friendly, I think he should go in the Valencia end - just as I went in the DFC end for Julian's testimonial (the only time, apart from Wimbledon games, when I've been in the away end at Selhurst),

TheMexicanHorse
21-07-2016, 06:09 AM
Full page advert from the club in today's metro in respect of this game

Jack Regan
21-07-2016, 08:33 AM
Full page advert from the club in today's metro in respect of this game

Nice, I saw that too.

Makes a change from all the usual Wet Spam rubbish they normally advertise.

Mad Raschic Ken
21-07-2016, 09:00 AM
It's a friendly though! I've been in block b for 10+ years now but surely part of the point of a friendly is to bring fans of opposing teams together?

I think it would be a sorry state of affairs if anyone objected to a girl wearing a Valencia shirt in a home area for a friendly.

Repo Man
21-07-2016, 09:34 AM
There were people wearing Lazio shirts/scarfs in the main stand for the Lazio friendly a couple of years back, even though it was supposed to be only Palace fans that could buy tickets,and there were no problems, wouldn't have thought she'd have any problems either.

crenoleagle
25-07-2016, 08:53 PM
Anyone have any idea why the online system is charging £10 for 18-21 tickets when it should be £5?

Edit: Called the Box Office and apparently the marketing people have got it wrong and there shouldn't be a 'young adult' ticket for this game. They honoured the website offer though for me.

Oli28
28-07-2016, 05:26 PM
Bought a pair for this today. I imagine there will be a lot buying on the day but still huge chunks of good seats left.

Owngoal
29-07-2016, 03:18 PM
They are using our new most expensive player for the onsite ads for this. Somehow still see Andros as not being ours yet until I see him a few times in the flesh.

Spoons
30-07-2016, 09:51 AM
Anyone have any idea why the online system is charging £10 for 18-21 tickets when it should be £5?

Edit: Called the Box Office and apparently the marketing people have got it wrong and there shouldn't be a 'young adult' ticket for this game. They honoured the website offer though for me.

The online booking is very confusing for this. Seems inconsistent with categories and prices advertised. Did you book over the phone?

Oisin
01-08-2016, 08:58 AM
When I try and buy online tickets I can't get the prices advertised. Typical Palace

Shipsisourking
01-08-2016, 09:28 AM
When I try and buy online tickets I can't get the prices advertised. Typical Palace

I've just got mine, at £15 for an adult, £5 young adult and child, what are they advertised at?

Oli28
01-08-2016, 09:36 AM
Happened to me. I'd pick seats in the Holmesdale and they come out as £15, then £20 when I click a second seat.

In the end I removed the seats I'd selected from my basked and picked two others and they came out at £15 each. Didn't seem to be any logic behind it at all.

Palace121
01-08-2016, 09:46 AM
I've just got mine, at £15 for an adult, £5 young adult and child, what are they advertised at?

£15 is correct. Kids should go free with each adult ticket though (I think you need to phone to get this).

Oisin
01-08-2016, 10:42 AM
Yes 15 quid adults, under 12s free. I went to check out and it wanted 50 quid for two adults two children. I'm not that keen on phoning up as that ten pence a minute when you phone from Dubai is more like two pounds a minute and on principle I only pay that for sex chat.

crenoleagle
01-08-2016, 11:44 AM
I think it is only those prices for ST holders/members. If you're buying extra for people that aren't then I think it costs more.

dartfordeagle
01-08-2016, 11:55 AM
I think it is only those prices for ST holders/members. If you're buying extra for people that aren't then I think it costs more.

Correct

Oisin
01-08-2016, 12:13 PM
Yes so my son and I are season ticket holders, my wife and step son members so should be 30 quid not 45 (which it is now)

Pinkie Brown
01-08-2016, 12:19 PM
You can do it online, select the adult member price on both tickets then change one ticket once in your basket to the free u12 price. I bought 3 adult members and got 3 kids free online no problem.

crenoleagle
01-08-2016, 03:49 PM
The online booking is very confusing for this. Seems inconsistent with categories and prices advertised. Did you book over the phone?

Sorry, only just seen this. Yes I booked over the phone.

Pistol Knight
01-08-2016, 04:07 PM
what size crowd are they expecting? Im not sure if I can make it or not, I bet its £20 'on the day' in which case I wont bother, the club really need to understand their 'customers' better.

why all ticket?
why not a tenner?
why a price hike on the day, what difference will it make (im not haveing all that "we need to know for H&S reasons/food/stewards etc BS

ITS A FRIENDLY!! (unless the Millwall transit has been seen scouting the area)

eagles2008
02-08-2016, 08:10 PM
Does anybody know why online I can not buy any tickets in the main stand? I got 2 at the club shop last week but want to buy an extra 2. Are these held back for offline sales?

EddieEdwards
02-08-2016, 09:23 PM
why all ticket?
why not a tenner?
why a price hike on the day, what difference will it make (im not haveing all that "we need to know for H&S reasons/food/stewards etc BSIt's not all ticket and there is no price increase on the day. I'm not sure how both of those could apply anyway. :)

Forever Stripes
03-08-2016, 12:15 PM
I'm a bit confused as I'm sure the tickets were advertised as £5 for young adults (S-T holders) up to 21 but when I rang I was told that although my son (S-T holder) who is 20 normally gets a concession ticket for being young adult in education
, that does not apply for this game and it only applies for people up to age 19. They promptly stung me for £20 for his ticket rather than £5.

Forever Stripes
03-08-2016, 12:21 PM
Edit: (As normal edit button doesn't let me edit my post) I actually paid £15 for my sons ticket not £20.

Tomo
03-08-2016, 12:21 PM
what size crowd are they expecting? Im not sure if I can make it or not, I bet its £20 'on the day' in which case I wont bother, the club really need to understand their 'customers' better.

why all ticket?
why not a tenner?
why a price hike on the day, what difference will it make (im not haveing all that "we need to know for H&S reasons/food/stewards etc BS

ITS A FRIENDLY!! (unless the Millwall transit has been seen scouting the area)

A BBS Classic.

Throwing your toys out the pram when there isn't a price increase on the day and you can buy (cash only) at the ground.

crenoleagle
03-08-2016, 12:29 PM
I'm a bit confused as I'm sure the tickets were advertised as £5 for young adults (S-T holders) up to 21 but when I rang I was told that although my son (S-T holder) who is 20 normally gets a concession ticket for being young adult in education
, that does not apply for this game and it only applies for people up to age 19. They promptly stung me for £20 for his ticket rather than £5.

Call them back and ask for the online information to be honoured. I had exactly the same problem but got it for £5 in the end .

Ade 70
03-08-2016, 12:33 PM
A BBS Classic.

Throwing your toys out the pram when there isn't a price increase on the day and you can buy (cash only) at the ground.

according to the Palace website there is

"Season ticket holders and members have until midday on Saturday to purchase tickets for the friendly against Valencia at the discounted rates.

From that time tickets will only be available via The Holmesdale Road box office (cash only) and priced at Adults £20.00 and £10 concessions, Under 12 tickets will still be free at that time when purchased with an adult ticket but the child will need to be present at the point of purchase."

but then again according to the Palace website the Bromley game was a 1st XI

EddieEdwards
03-08-2016, 07:00 PM
according to the Palace website there isSo there is, in an announcement dated today:

http://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/deadline-of-saturday-at-midday-for-discounted-prices.-3222281.aspx

I don't believe there was any mention prior to this of a price increase on the day. Previous announcements mentioned the cheaper price for season ticket holders and members but did not state that it was for advance sales only. I'm not entirely against the policy of charging more on the day, but to announce it at this stage is very poor indeed.

eagle-leg
03-08-2016, 07:20 PM
I think it would be a sorry state of affairs if anyone objected to a girl wearing a Valencia shirt in a home area for a friendly.

Agreed, anybody that gives any agro at a friendly needs to take a good hard look in the mirror.

Kirby
03-08-2016, 08:41 PM
Bournemouth have just drawn 1-1 with Valencia at Dean Court.

jhc
04-08-2016, 12:58 PM
That's the benchmark for us on Saturday

New LP
04-08-2016, 02:29 PM
Agreed, anybody that gives any agro at a friendly needs to take a good hard look in the mirror.

I can remember some 'friendlies' against Brighton in the early 90's which weren't too friendly.

dweedman
04-08-2016, 02:35 PM
In Blanes at the moment, the local TV is showing the game on saturday which is nice.

Stellavista
04-08-2016, 09:53 PM
I can remember some 'friendlies' against Brighton in the early 90's which weren't too friendly.

Yep. I recall one in 90 or 91 where there was a bit of a dust-up on the pier pre-match and then a running battle on the streets around the ground afterwards.

oddrod
04-08-2016, 10:10 PM
Bloke on twitter said 5k sold so far. Guess load of walk ups on the day will see it past 10k surely?

cpfcben
04-08-2016, 10:20 PM
Over 11k sold already as of Wednesday morning.

art malice
05-08-2016, 12:33 AM

They probably do that a lot already

Eaglesfan1
05-08-2016, 10:18 AM
This is definitely a 3pm kick off right? Just booked over the phone, and booking confirmation says 5pm.

SilentAssassin
05-08-2016, 10:24 AM
This is definitely a 3pm kick off right? Just booked over the phone, and booking confirmation says 5pm.

3pm! :p

Dobbo
05-08-2016, 07:01 PM
Anyone know if this is being streamed live ?

Pat of the Palace
05-08-2016, 07:20 PM
In Blanes at the moment, the local TV is showing the game on saturday which is nice.

Which channel?

dweedman
05-08-2016, 07:36 PM
Which channel?

Gol Televisión, channel 26 I think on Spanish freeview, somewhere between 20 and 30 anyway.

Edit: channel 24, not 26

biggus mickus
05-08-2016, 07:43 PM
Which channel?

This.

biggus mickus
05-08-2016, 07:44 PM
Gol Televisión, channel 26 I think on Spanish freeview, somewhere between 20 and 30 anyway.

Sweet.

ADH
05-08-2016, 09:50 PM
The online site just keeps saying need to update my flashplayer.. when I tried 2 hours ago it was working fine :veryangry

Neillo's Son
05-08-2016, 10:22 PM
Bloke on twitter said 5k sold so far. Guess load of walk ups on the day will see it past 10k surely?

In other words, another Twitter Twat pretending to be in the know?

dweedman
06-08-2016, 12:28 AM
Gol is actually channel 24, for those who want to watch it on Spanish TV.

markwelsh
06-08-2016, 01:41 AM
Maybe if we have a stinker against Valencia Pardew and Parish will have a wake up call, pull their fingers out and bring in the players we urgently need.

Hedgehog
06-08-2016, 01:58 AM
Maybe if we have a stinker against Valencia Pardew and Parish will have a wake up call, pull their fingers out and bring in the players we urgently need.
It's a friendly... get a reality check.

GreatGonzo
06-08-2016, 08:09 AM

You mean like a top goalkeeper, good PL defender and a good wide man?

CPFC Jr
06-08-2016, 08:31 AM
Can I just pay on the day or order online and pick up the tickets?

glaziers fan
06-08-2016, 08:36 AM

:D

markwelsh
06-08-2016, 08:41 AM

No I mean like the players who put the ball in the net and win us games, otherwise the players we have already bought are pointless

GreatGonzo
06-08-2016, 08:48 AM
No I mean like the players who put the ball in the net and win us games, otherwise the players we have already bought are pointless

Shit. You know, you are right. Quick phone the club and let them know because I can't see anywhere that we are trying to sign a striker. They must have forgotten!

markwelsh
06-08-2016, 09:05 AM
Shit. You know, you are right. Quick phone the club and let them know because I can't see anywhere that we are trying to sign a striker. They must have forgotten!

We should've made getting the strikers we desperately need our number one priority instead of signing the players we have, considering how many goals our strikers scored last season. Now we're in a worse position than last season because we haven't got replacements for the strikers we let go. We should've got rid of Campbell and kept Gayle.

Jasper
06-08-2016, 09:24 AM
We should've made getting the strikers we desperately need our number one priority instead of signing the players we have, considering how many goals our strikers scored last season. Now we're in a worse position than last season because we haven't got replacements for the strikers we let go. We should've got rid of Campbell and kept Gayle.

I'm not sure Newcastle wanted to pay £10m for Campbell though.

How would not signing Mandanda, Townsend and Tomkins have helped us get a striker in any quicker?

New LP
06-08-2016, 09:35 AM
Of course there's a middle ground here.

The 3 players we have signed are good signings who will make us stronger.

We do need a striker though clearly.

markwelsh
06-08-2016, 09:56 AM
I'm not sure Newcastle wanted to pay £10m for Campbell though.

How would not signing Mandanda, Townsend and Tomkins have helped us get a striker in any quicker?

They distracted us from what we really need, it's like going to the supermarket to buy one thing you desperately need and you end up leaving with other goods but not what you went there for. Just go straight to the isle you need first! :)

Dobbo
06-08-2016, 09:57 AM

It's listed on www.vipleague.is too :)

MFBias
06-08-2016, 10:33 AM
Online box office and phone lines are down, you can only buy a ticket at the ground. Thought my browser was broken after trying to buy on the website, and then the game disappeared completely, then waited on the phone line (no one wants to hear Glad All Over, 12 times in a row) to be told by some numpty that its a big technical problem and cant sell over the phone.

GreatGonzo
06-08-2016, 10:35 AM
They distracted us from what we really need, it's like going to the supermarket to buy one thing you desperately need and you end up leaving with other goods but not what you went there for. Just go straight to the isle you need first! :)

When we went for Mandanda we went for Batshuyi too. He signed for Chelsea.
Ever since then whilst looking at others we have been trying to get Benteke. The other clubs agreed with our valuation of a player, at the moment Liverpool do not. The only reason it is taking so long is because we are clearly trying to get the right player, our no.1 target for the position rather than running out and getting someone more available.

Anyway hope you enjoy the game today - anyone know if it is being streamed as i cannot make it.

Baffled Bob 2
06-08-2016, 10:40 AM
(no one wants to hear Glad All Over, 12 times in a row)

Speak for yourself.

sloworm
06-08-2016, 10:40 AM
Gol is actually channel 24, for those who want to watch it on Spanish TV.

Thanks for that 👍

MFBias
06-08-2016, 11:46 AM
Speak for yourself.

Doesnt make you 'more Palace', maybe sado-macochistic

Maidstoned Eagle
06-08-2016, 11:50 AM

Get a ******* grip

Shipp Ahoy!
06-08-2016, 11:59 AM

Mandanda they needed the cash but then sold Batshuyi for loads of money a few days later.

Townsend had a release clause which anyone could have activated had we not moved fast.

James maybe not so much, but still do you really think us not buying those players would have made a difference to us signing a striker?! The answer is no.

Jack Regan
06-08-2016, 12:31 PM
It's a friendly... get a reality check.

So was the 6-0 defeat to Millwall a few years back, but it didn't stop Jordan sacking Sir Steve.

GreatGonzo
06-08-2016, 12:35 PM
So was the 6-0 defeat to Millwall a few years back, but it didn't stop Jordan sacking Sir Steve.

Yes but that was because Jordan had never knew in his lifetime the amount of football knowledge Steve sneezed out each time.

They disagreed when Steve said it would take 2 years and £3m to get promoted. Jordan wanted it first year so sacked him.

He then spent more than twice that amount of money and twice the amount of time to get us promoted.

MFBias
06-08-2016, 12:54 PM

Nonsense, you make an offer... You wait, they come back with a counter offer, you submit. Terms are agreed, then Chelsea come in and Fuk it up.

You are clutching at straws if you are saying we should have signed a Striker before others as a form of blame. Ive heard it all now.

rambo1
06-08-2016, 12:54 PM

3,Quality Players,have been Signed in Steve Mandanda,James Tomkins & Andros Townsend.
All attempts are being made to Sign a Striker,Possibly 2,before the Close of Window.
Have some Patience,& Trust,in Keshi Anderson,Corie Anderson,Kwesi Appiah & Freddie Ladapo.

Pat of the Palace
06-08-2016, 02:12 PM

Cheers mush.

Hedgehog
06-08-2016, 02:28 PM
I thought it was Crawley?

old git
06-08-2016, 03:51 PM
I thought it was Crawley?

I think we got done 5-1 at Crawley the same pre-season.