PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates: Wales 1-2 England (FT)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Will2024
11-06-2016, 09:12 PM
Would Palace fans be mad if Wales advance the group instead of England? From what I have heard, Palace hate the England National team due to the lack of Palace players appearing on the squad. Wales has 3 loved players from palace so what is everyones view on this? I am a palace fan since 2013 and live in america so I am foreign to this topiv.

in-exile
11-06-2016, 09:16 PM
Hard call....

Malarkey
11-06-2016, 09:18 PM
Yep. Wales can **** off (apart from the Palace ones)...

ExiledStirling
11-06-2016, 09:19 PM
I am supporting Wales in this game because my club loyalties come before that of the National team, and we could have 3 Palace players featuring. I expect both teams to get out of the group anyway.

Worksop Palace
11-06-2016, 09:20 PM
Would Palace fans be mad if Wales advance the group instead of England? From what I have heard, Palace hate the England National team due to the lack of Palace players appearing on the squad. Wales has 3 loved players from palace so what is everyones view on this? I am a palace fan since 2013 and live in america so I am foreign to this topiv.

Going some to say Cognac is 'loved'

Jordan's Jacket
11-06-2016, 09:22 PM
Not at all bothered about how England do. Would like to see the Welsh do well, simply because it involves a few Palace players

Work Shy Eagle
11-06-2016, 09:22 PM
Yep. Wales can **** off (apart from the Palace ones)...

This.

NorthPalace23
11-06-2016, 09:27 PM
Ideally I'd like England and Wales to finish in the top 2.

This is partly because I'm English with some Welsh blood and partly because of the Palace connection to Wales. Probably need England to beat Wales now for both teams to finish in the top 2.

El Aguila
11-06-2016, 09:31 PM
England and Wales qualifying will do me.

917L
11-06-2016, 09:35 PM
Not at all bothered about how England do. Would like to see the Welsh do well, simply because it involves a few Palace players

Same here

scro
11-06-2016, 09:39 PM
Embarrassing to think you would want your country to lose to Wales just because they have a couple of average palace players.

N
11-06-2016, 09:43 PM
Needs a poll.

redandblue
11-06-2016, 09:44 PM
Embarrassing to think you would want your country to lose to Wales just because they have a couple of average palace players.
Having a few palace players in is only part of the reason

eagle mart
11-06-2016, 09:45 PM

Plastic fannery. Badge over players every time. Weird obsession to be seen to be cool not liking your country.

Hope Hennesey concedes a sackful. All three could be playing for someone else come kick off in august.

"What fun we had supporting those ex players in june"

ExiledStirling
11-06-2016, 09:48 PM
Embarrassing?

Why would placing club loyalties higher than National loyalties be embarrassing exactly?

A very strange thing to say.

ExiledStirling
11-06-2016, 09:50 PM
Plastic fannery. Badge over players every time. Weird obsession to be seen to be cool not liking your country.

Hope Hennesey concedes a sackful. All three could be playing for someone else come kick off in august.

"What fun we had supporting those ex players in june"
It has nothing to do with not liking your country. We are talking about football here, nothing else. And looking cool? wtf.

Some really strange conclusions and comments being made on this thread.

Maidstoned Eagle
11-06-2016, 09:51 PM
A team that selects according to club over form and ability, of a team that selects on ability and form over club......erm.....not sure.

Langers
11-06-2016, 09:56 PM
I fancy a comfortable England win but as a Palace fan, I also appreciate that Wales are more like us and England are like Arsenal - I'll watch it with an open mind - it's a win win situation

El Aguila
11-06-2016, 09:56 PM
I quite enjoyed watching England tonight. They played well. Apart from the goal, Dier looks like a proper player.

Sleeping Giant
11-06-2016, 10:15 PM
England all day long. Great balance from them tonight but all that disappears at a stroke if Sterling gets injured. He didn't have his best but you need that winger who runs with the ball and opens it up elsewhere for you. Hodgson didn't bother with backup for that just like Palace didn't bother either and sunk like a stone when short of Bolasie. Terrific, let's hope we get lucky.

TouchyAndalou
11-06-2016, 10:28 PM
I'm not English, Welsh or European, so Wales' Palace contingent makes it a very easy decision to support them this tournament. C'mon Palac... I mean, Wales!

glaziers fan
11-06-2016, 10:28 PM
England all day long. Great balance from them tonight but all that disappears at a stroke if Sterling gets injured. He didn't have his best but you need that winger who runs with the ball and opens it up elsewhere for you. Hodgson didn't bother with backup for that just like Palace didn't bother either and sunk like a stone when short of Bolasie. Terrific, let's hope we get lucky.

My ratings:

Hart 6 Nothing to do

Rose 7 Not as many touches as Walker but more quality
Smalling 6 Not much to do
Cahill 6 Not much to do
Walker 7 Bright and energetic

Dier 8 MOM not just goal, broke up play too. Class act
Rooney 7 Played in his best position
Alli 7 Some nice technical abiiity

Sterling 6 No end product
Kane 7 Held it up well
Lallana 6 No end product.

Wilshere 7 Bright

TouchyAndalou
11-06-2016, 10:32 PM
I fancy a comfortable England win but as a Palace fan, I also appreciate that Wales are more like us and England are like Arsenal Really? I'd say Wales are like us, Spain are like Arsenal and England are like... West Brom?

Mr Palace
11-06-2016, 11:03 PM
I literally cannot believe some people wanting Wales to beat England as we have a couple of Wales' players! Unbelievable. What a joke.

joyce the voice
12-06-2016, 12:46 AM
I have no idea why anyone who is English is supporting Wales. Who cares whether Palace players play for them or not?

danpalace07
12-06-2016, 12:48 AM
**** the Welsh. Losing to them is unthinkable.

Jaserob
12-06-2016, 01:52 AM
Seeing as I am a Welsh Palace fan, this is pretty easy for me :)

MAX
12-06-2016, 04:15 AM

Personally thought Sterling was very poor.

scro
12-06-2016, 06:00 AM
Embarrassing?

Why would placing club loyalties higher than National loyalties be embarrassing exactly?

A very strange thing to say.

Because our club isn't playing! (Our country is though!).

All this club over country rubbish is plain daft. You don't have to choose.

St.Francois
12-06-2016, 06:24 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing any of the home nations doing well especially Wales due to the palace players.

No international result is that important to me, but I have some loyalty, and supporting another country against England would just seem odd.

After all they'll love it if they beat us, so I'll be 100% behind England.

Andy in Rome
12-06-2016, 06:51 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing any of the home nations doing well ...

Yep, agree on this: I'm thoroughly sick of the "if they aren't British players they must by definition be inferior" attitude that seems to be prevalent amongst both pundits and Premier League management right now.

I'll be cheering for England throughout the tournament, but at heart I'm still a club before country sort of person.

hull eagle
12-06-2016, 07:02 AM
**** the Welsh. Losing to them is unthinkable.

This, all day long!!

RazorsEdge
12-06-2016, 07:07 AM
I quite enjoyed watching England tonight. They played well. Apart from the goal, Dier looks like a proper player.

Agree

RazorsEdge
12-06-2016, 07:09 AM
Personally thought Sterling was very poor.

I thought he did too

evvo111
12-06-2016, 08:09 AM
Come on Crystal Cymru :lux:

SeanPalace84
12-06-2016, 08:36 AM
Come on Crystal Cymru :lux:

Have a bad feeling about this!

Atleast the Palace connections mean that it wouldn't be as bad as normal if we lost.

SeanPalace84
12-06-2016, 08:40 AM
Are English fans more lenient to other British teams than others.

The Welsh, Irish and Scottish can't say a good thing about England usually where as the English seem to not mind the others doing well (Apart from if we play them).

Correct me if I'm wrong.

evvo111
12-06-2016, 08:44 AM

The Welsh, Irish and Scottish can't say a good thing about England usually where as the English seem to not mind the others doing well (Apart from if we play them).

Correct me if I'm wrong.

I want all of them to do well. I was even, secretly, cheering on England last night and will be supporting Northern Ireland today.

I think England will beat Wales and I will be supporting, quite strongly, Wales, but in other games I hope England do well.

ExiledStirling
12-06-2016, 08:47 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong.
When I told people up here that the English would support another British team when we are not involved they looked with bemusement at me. I said naturally that these days this was not so much the case, as we were sick of the put downs.

Up here the majority is simply banter. But I hate the stereotyping of the English up here.

In our sweepstake at work, the Scot who drew England, I refer to now as Englands number fan, which he is handling well, as he is thinking of the £20+ he might win. Typical Scot.

Wycombe Eagle#2
12-06-2016, 09:16 AM
England have better players overall. In terms of a team then again I'd say England just edge this one although you can't fault the Welsh spirit. As soon as I heard them sign their national anthem yesterday I thought they'd win.

Wales do have the best player on the pitch though who can hurt anyone and seen to just love playing for his country.

I predict a draw and then England to beat Slovakia with both teams finishing in 5 points.

ExiledStirling
12-06-2016, 09:31 AM
Wales do have the best player on the pitch though who can hurt anyone and seen to just love playing for his country.

Yet we still have some people who do not rate Jonny Williams that highly.

Vince Hilaire's Afro
12-06-2016, 09:58 AM
Club over country?

Palace's season is over until August, it's time to support your country (whatever it is)

Malarkey
12-06-2016, 09:59 AM
Club over country?

Palace's season is over until August, it's time to support your country (whatever it is)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

ANDYEAGLE
12-06-2016, 10:29 AM
Will support England, but wan't the Welsh to do well and qualify with us. Not sure the Welsh see it the same way though.

Malarkey
12-06-2016, 10:41 AM
Most of the non-Welsh saying that they want Wales to do well are probably the same people who voted "yes" in this poll (http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=264785) :hmph::angel::hmph:

CP Satellite
12-06-2016, 12:39 PM
Not a hard call for me. England all the way and having been to an England v Wales match, there is no way I will be rooting for the Taffs.

That said, I have become more and more disillusioned with the England set up since pre-Premier League days and find it hard to stomach cheering on players that I normally detest.

But that England shirt still means everything and I hurt when that equalizer went in last night, just as hard as any Palace game.

I wish our Palace Welsh boys well, just not at England's expense.

The Omen
12-06-2016, 02:32 PM
Think this will be a comfortable 2-0 win for England against Wales. Their style of football will suit us.

Chobham Eagle
12-06-2016, 04:11 PM

Embarrassing that a Palace fan would make such a comment.

Malarkey
12-06-2016, 04:14 PM

Not sure if trolling

Joe85
12-06-2016, 04:28 PM
I just find it so difficult to "support" England. Only in football though.

I ******* hate most of the players, I hate the FA, Woy is an utterly turd manager.

I love Joniesta though, and would love to see him have an absolute stormer for Wales against us. Would give Pards something to ponder.

Palace>England.

westsussexcpfc
13-06-2016, 08:48 AM

I ******* hate most of the players, I hate the FA, Woy is an utterly turd manager.

I love Joniesta though, and would love to see him have an absolute stormer for Wales against us. Would give Pards something to ponder.

Palace>England.

Agree with the FA and Woy, safe, boring and useless.
How can you get excited about a team of players from mainly big clubs that have been injured or had poor seasons and not pick good players that have had great seasons.
Normally England all the way in everything but not this time, we need some humiliation to change things.

palacea
13-06-2016, 09:11 AM
Agree with the FA and Woy, safe, boring and useless.
How can you get excited about a team of players from mainly big clubs that have been injured or had poor seasons and not pick good players that have had great seasons.
Normally England all the way in everything but not this time, we need some humiliation to change things.

We have had that before though, don't remember the drubbing from Germany in 2010?

The manager isn't the problem, we have had now some of the best managers in world football over the last 16 years, and what happens when they manage England and only then become useless buffoons. It's the players who've let the team down so many times of the last 16 years, not the managers. One of the major reasons, I really don't care about England team anymore, as I've seen them let the nation down time and again. I'm glad useless twats like Lampard, Gerrad, etc, are long gone, but the only criticism of the managers have been from me, they should have ended there international careers a long time before.

We need to have players who are fit, not favourites but players who maybe aren't the flash name on the team sheet, but players who make the team, that's the key, and not trying to accommodate 'stars' out of position.

Penstone Eagle
13-06-2016, 09:16 AM

Palace>England.

Yep and a typically useless decision by the blazers at the FA to appoint him.

switchboard
13-06-2016, 11:12 AM
I realised at the weekend I was backing Wales way more than I was England during the England game and I have no connection to Wales.

I celebrated both goals as if they were almost Palace. If Jonny starts against England ... I'll be cheering him on more than the England team.

Cheers Roy, Lampard, Terry, Rooney et al for ruining the national team.

fioreuk
13-06-2016, 11:25 AM
Cheers Roy, Lampard, Terry, Rooney et al for ruining the national team.

Its been a long time in the offing. Sven, Capello, some player ambivalence, poor tactics and selections, poor treatment of fans, FA incompetence....

CPFC_DAVE77
13-06-2016, 11:29 AM
A draw puts Wales through really so England will need to break them down.

917L
13-06-2016, 11:46 AM

Pulis, Warnock, Pardew?

CPFC_DAVE77
13-06-2016, 12:13 PM

I think a lot people have actually been very patient with him.

We all know his ability, but it's his fitness and club form that have been a concern.

Pardew was correct when he publicly (in my opinion badly) commented that Williams had not pulled up any trees on loan. He was right, he hadn’t.

So there was little evidence to suggest throwing him into our 11 would work.

I have long called for Jonny to move on, for the good of his career, as he is way down the order but that doesn’t mean we don’t question his ability.

Perhaps, if he can stay fit and keep playing games to a high standard in an advanced position in this tournament, he can play his way into taking Chamakh’s place as the No10 option with Puncheon.

scro
13-06-2016, 12:25 PM

It's true though. I have nothing against the players themselves. I support them when they wear a palace shirt but they will all play for other teams soon enough and i would not rate any of them as particularly memorable palace players, in fact if i was picking the palace side i wouldn't play any of them. Their presence is certainly not enough for me to start cheering on the welsh to beat England. That is literally the most grotesque sporting suggestion any true English sports fan should know that. Wales are second rate side with a great player. England should beat them barring any heroics from him they will.

After that good luck to them i wouldn't begrudge them any success. I certainly won't be investing anything in it though just because wayne hennessy is in goal.

scro
13-06-2016, 12:27 PM
Did people hope cardiff would beat us in the crucial game in cardiff the first season up because wilf started? of course not, that would be literally mental.

917L
13-06-2016, 12:29 PM
Did people hope cardiff would beat us in the crucial game in cardiff the first season up because wilf started? of course not, that would be literally mental.

Wilf wasnt a Palace player and was playing against us, not even a remotely similar scenario

PauLo
13-06-2016, 12:35 PM

I did. Because that is exactly the same situation as this one. Where we're choosing the 11 Palace players playing for England as opposed to the 3 Palace players playing for Wales.

Wait...

andyocpfc
13-06-2016, 12:47 PM
Would people feel the same if said players played for Scotland and they qualified and played against England. I'm staggered some would want England to lose because of a few players.

However, when not effecting us, I want Wales to do well.

Les Butler
13-06-2016, 12:53 PM
I'm a bit the same as our teams in Europe I want them to win same for Wales, NI, Ireland, and even Scotland....What they feel about us I do not give a toss...Like to see all the home nations in big tournaments.

Of course I want England to win but if they do not we have back up ;)

scro
13-06-2016, 01:22 PM
Wilf wasnt a Palace player and was playing against us, not even a remotely similar scenario

If you are an english man.. the palace players are playing against us. Whilst i appreciate wishing them well. Hoping they beat the team that represents you? odd.

bunter
13-06-2016, 02:45 PM
Obviously supporting England. Want us to beat Wales. But I also want to see both teams progress to the next round.

ExCroydon_CPFC
13-06-2016, 03:05 PM
If you are an english man.. the palace players are playing against us. Whilst i appreciate wishing them well. Hoping they beat the team that represents you? odd.

Very odd. Still anyone who supports another country over their own is obviously some kind of social outcast weirdo so we're probably better off without their "support"' anyway.

Nowt wrong with cheering on the home nations in other non England games, I've been and will be routing for each of Wales, Norn Iron and the Republic - despite a lot of people from those countries supporting ABE :p

ExCroydon_CPFC
13-06-2016, 03:09 PM
As for the game, I reckon it will be a cracker. Both teams fired up but I reckon we'll edge it. Apart from the Bale factor, the main other threat will be our inexperience and youth playing against a well organised and motivated Wales team - we need to be smart, not get over confident and be patient at times not letting them frustrate us.

Same team as before with Vardy to come on at some point to give their defence something else to think about. A straight swap of sterling for Vardy might work, with Alli or Rooney playing wide.

RazorsEdge
13-06-2016, 05:12 PM
Obviously supporting England. Want us to beat Wales. But I also want to see both teams progress to the next round.

Agree

Jack Regan
13-06-2016, 06:03 PM
I wanted Russia to score twice in injury time when they played Hinglaan, so this is an easy one for me.

Wales to beat Plastic Chair United please, and the goalscorers to include Johnny and Led.

New LP
13-06-2016, 06:09 PM
I wanted Russia to score twice in injury time when they played Hinglaan, so this is an easy one for me.

Wales to beat Plastic Chair United please, and the goalscorers to include Johnny and Led.

Very controversial, well done.

hortoneagle
13-06-2016, 09:41 PM
Couldn't give a flying F##k for Wales and their valleys, hope we stick it up em and get back on track , Born in England, live in England , support England, Johnny Williams from Tonbridge , nice lad but hardly worth supporting a country for because his grandparents come from there, Ledley ? The same , Hennessey the same, palace however , born in Thornton heath and red & blue running through my veins always and when anyone puts on our shirt I will support them but not at the expense of following their roots or grandparents or parents birth place , some on here are proper plastic

ExCroydon_CPFC
13-06-2016, 10:24 PM
Couldn't give a flying F##k for Wales and their valleys, hope we stick it up em and get back on track , Born in England, live in England , support England, Johnny Williams from Tonbridge , nice lad but hardly worth supporting a country for because his grandparents come from there, Ledley ? The same , Hennessey the same, palace however , born in Thornton heath and red & blue running through my veins always and when anyone puts on our shirt I will support them but not at the expense of following their roots or grandparents or parents birth place , some on here are proper plastic

Well said mate :p

ExCroydon_CPFC
13-06-2016, 10:24 PM
Very controversial, well done.

Attention seeking bullshit more like :D

Repo Man
13-06-2016, 10:28 PM
As long as Russia don't qualify and their assorted scumbags have to slink off back home, I'm easy either way who wins.

Excowboy
13-06-2016, 10:38 PM
Jack Wilshere is such a little Herbert.

JackTheBiscuit
13-06-2016, 10:59 PM

Ledley and Hennessey are both born and bred Welsh

TouchyAndalou
13-06-2016, 11:00 PM
Wales are second rate side with a great player.Better then a second rate team without a great player. :D

Joe85
13-06-2016, 11:46 PM

Bollocks. I suppose you support Man United in Europe too?

How the **** Woy has a job after that last shambles is a joke. We have a new breed of players capable of actually achieving things and the FA tasked Woy ******* Hodgeson with putting it all together.

What a joke. I hope we get battered so we finally see a bit of change. Can't believe the old owl got 3 tournaments out of it.

Palace are my team, not England or the FA and their ******* selection process.

Kirby
14-06-2016, 12:01 AM
Hope we (England) smash them with Jonny getting a world class consolation goal.

Forgive me for not jumping on the 'Woy out' bandwagon but for once I thought we actually played pretty well the other night. Get Vardy on the pitch and Wales will find it hard to deal with us. They might have Gareth Bale but they also have the likes of Hal Robson-Kanu and Chris Gunter. We have nothing to fear and should go at them from the start.

danpalace07
14-06-2016, 12:30 AM
some on here are proper gloryhunters apparently

elgin eagle
14-06-2016, 12:36 AM

Obviously have a lot of family supporting Russia, and being English, the draw was a perfect result for us. If we both get through with Wales from the group I'll be very happy. Lived there 5 years, great people too.

Just realised I pos repped a racist twat earlier by mistake. He can go on the ignore list. Can't believe its taken me 16 years to appreciate that fully.

orp pisshead1
14-06-2016, 03:59 AM
I think a lot people have actually been very patient with him.

We all know his ability, but it's his fitness and club form that have been a concern.

Pardew was correct when he publicly (in my opinion badly) commented that Williams had not pulled up any trees on loan. He was right, he hadn’t.

So there was little evidence to suggest throwing him into our 11 would work.

I have long called for Jonny to move on, for the good of his career, as he is way down the order but that doesn’t mean we don’t question his ability.

Perhaps, if he can stay fit and keep playing games to a high standard in an advanced position in this tournament, he can play his way into taking Chamakh’s place as the No10 option with Puncheon.

Way down the pecking order ? Only due to injuries In my opinion. IF the lad stays fit we should build the midfield around him as he gives us another dimension and we've no one like him at all in current squad. All about fitness of course i hope Willians has a fantastic tournament Thursday aside of course. At Palace 4-2-3-1 Bolaise, Williams & Zaha with Wickham up top. That's a very capable attack.

orp pisshead1
14-06-2016, 04:01 AM

:jerkit: unless your Welsh then apologies.

BadenEagle
14-06-2016, 05:02 AM
Bollocks. I suppose you support Man United in Europe too?

How the **** Woy has a job after that last shambles is a joke. We have a new breed of players capable of actually achieving things and the FA tasked Woy ******* Hodgeson with putting it all together.

What a joke. I hope we get battered so we finally see a bit of change. Can't believe the old owl got 3 tournaments out of it.

Palace are my team, not England or the FA and their ******* selection process.

IMO England are playing better football now than at anytime in the last 15 years, so do not agree with you on Hodgson. As a matter of interest who would you have as manager...?

Eaglesfan1
14-06-2016, 07:28 AM
Supporting England 100%.

It's not England v Crystal Palace

ChaceTheAce
14-06-2016, 08:33 AM
Hope we well and truly turn up and drill Wales on thursday.

Malarkey
14-06-2016, 10:15 AM
Fact not fiction

https://cdn.pbrd.co/images/1FRk7pEU.png

917L
14-06-2016, 10:26 AM
[

scro
14-06-2016, 10:27 AM
I love how being rubbish, poorly run with a mediocre manager is enough reason to deny your englishness and not support your team! ON A PALACE FORUM FFS!! Some people must have some short memories.

CPFC_DAVE77
14-06-2016, 10:33 AM
Way down the pecking order ? Only due to injuries In my opinion. IF the lad stays fit we should build the midfield around him as he gives us another dimension and we've no one like him at all in current squad. All about fitness of course i hope Willians has a fantastic tournament Thursday aside of course. At Palace 4-2-3-1 Bolaise, Williams & Zaha with Wickham up top. That's a very capable attack.

Yes I agree. But he hasn't historically stayed fit so yes, he is way down the pecking order.

At the end of the season he was behind for CM places:

Cabaye
Jedinak
Puncheon
Ledley
Mutch
McArthur

He also was behind Lee until his outburst presumably meant he'd never play for us again.

So yes, I think it's reasonable to say he's way down the pecking order. That's not a criticism of him just an observation.

scro
14-06-2016, 11:07 AM
Yes I agree. But he hasn't historically stayed fit so yes, he is way down the pecking order.

Cabaye
Jedinak
Puncheon
Ledley
Mutch
McArthur

He also was behind Lee until his outburst presumably meant he'd never play for us again.

So yes, I think it's reasonable to say he's way down the pecking order. That's not a criticism of him just an observation.

The reality is jonny williams hasn't held down a place even at places like MK Dons. The fact wales have him playing says all you need to know about the actual strength of their team. Ledley is only an international because his nearest rival plays at wolves. Hennessy the same with a player that doesn't play first team football. Good luck to them but england should be beating them comfortable barring any heroics from bale.

JamTheEagle
14-06-2016, 11:14 AM
The reality is jonny williams hasn't held down a place even at places like MK Dons. The fact wales have him playing says all you need to know about the actual strength of their team. Ledley is only an international because his nearest rival plays at wolves. Hennessy the same with a player that doesn't play first team football. Good luck to them but england should be beating them comfortable barring any heroics from bale.

This is what it boils down to really, they looked very lucky against Slovakia in my opinion. I imagine they will set up like Russia did against us.

Slovakia did a very good job of denying Bale in the entire second half so hopefully Dier will be able to do the same.

davematt
14-06-2016, 11:20 AM
They play a back three.

Vardy runs the channels superbly well.

Has to start IMO.

Baffled Bob 2
14-06-2016, 12:36 PM
Effectively Palace v Spurs tomorrow.

Land of My Father's (England) v Land of My Mother's (Wales)

England win for me. Wales to send Russia home in the last game and then we meet again in the final.

orp pisshead1
14-06-2016, 01:00 PM
Supporting England 100%.

It's not England v Crystal Palace

This ^^^^^^ how ******* hard is it for people not to understand this?. All that club over country bollox as well, what are fans waffling on about as the teams/fixtures NEVER clash.

Laboureagle
14-06-2016, 01:02 PM
Prediction 2-0 England, Kane twice as he is playing a 'premiership' defence, and knows how to score against them.

Hope Palace players for Wales don't get injured, that is the limit of my support for them against England.

Against Russia, come on you Welsh Eagles, i hope they all score including Hennessey.

BTW fans on here who don't support England because they don't like the manager or a player, or that we've been rubbish for years, need re-schooling in the Palace way.

I know that supporting Palace is asking for a life of disappointment, frustration, dashed hopes. but I support them because they represent my area, my history, my family roots.

Same with England, they represent my country, I support them the same as Palace, regardless of the result!

orp pisshead1
14-06-2016, 01:07 PM

Cabaye
Jedinak
Puncheon
Ledley
Mutch
McArthur

Dave you are of course right, but if fully fit and the lad actually stays fit how many would you start ahead of him?. Again for me it's what he offers us and poses a threat to the opposition. If he stays fit we've saved Millions simples :lux:.

Martinsleftpeg
14-06-2016, 01:18 PM
Prediction 2-0 England, Kane twice as he is playing a 'premiership' defence, and knows how to score against them.

Hope Palace players for Wales don't get injured, that is the limit of my support for them against England.

Against Russia, come on you Welsh Eagles, i hope they all score including Hennessey.

BTW fans on here who don't support England because they don't like the manager or a player, or that we've been rubbish for years, need re-schooling in the Palace way.

I know that supporting Palace is asking for a life of disappointment, frustration, dashed hopes. but I support them because they represent my area, my history, my family roots.

Same with England, they represent my country, I support them the same as Palace, regardless of the result!

Great post well said[emoji3]

CPFC_DAVE77
14-06-2016, 01:22 PM
Dave you are of course right, but if fully fit and the lad actually stays fit how many would you start ahead of him?. Again for me it's what he offers us and poses a threat to the opposition. If he stays fit we've saved Millions simples :lux:.

Watching him in the advanced role in the hole for Wales, I was wondering if he could try that position for us in the summer.

He certainly retains the ball well and has a good brain.

If he could stay fit, could we look at him taking Chamakh’s position there alongside Puncheon as the two AMF options?

Then we’d have two players that look after the ball in the hole who are both local lads that love the club!

elgin eagle
14-06-2016, 01:30 PM
Watching him in the advanced role in the hole for Wales, I was wondering if he could try that position for us in the summer.

If he could stay fit, could we look at him taking Chamakh’s position there alongside Puncheon as the two AMF options?

Then we’d have to players that look after the ball in the hole who are both local lads that love the club!

Hope Pardew gives him a chance next season.

Elephant with mouse gyp
14-06-2016, 01:59 PM
Sadly I'm predicting 3-1 to England. England are due some half chances going in after the other night and Wales will run out of puff in second half. Interesting little sub-plot will be seeing what might have been that dark day in May if Joe keeps Rooney quiet.

Santos-er
14-06-2016, 05:03 PM
Palace come above England for me, 3 of our lads trumps woys boys. Though it's a bit of a no lose afaic. Think Wales will win, 2-1 Bale and Ledley and a fat granny shagger reply.

eagle mart
14-06-2016, 06:00 PM

You dont have to sing the national anthem. And throw plastic chairs around your garden when you lose. You should always want your country to do well. Everything else is plastic fannery. Great post

eagle mart
14-06-2016, 06:22 PM

orp pisshead1
14-06-2016, 08:12 PM

Post of the thread mate:p

orp pisshead1
14-06-2016, 08:14 PM

Then we’d have two players that look after the ball in the hole who are both local lads that love the club!

That's what I've meant all a long play him as a AMF playing in our fantastic wingers or little give and go's with Wickham.

orp pisshead1
14-06-2016, 08:16 PM
Sadly I'm predicting 3-1 to England. England are due some half chances going in after the other night and Wales will run out of puff in second half. Interesting little sub-plot will be seeing what might have been that dark day in May if Joe keeps Rooney quiet.

Sadly? Are you Welsh, Irish or a scot :D.

orp pisshead1
14-06-2016, 08:17 PM
Palace come above England for me, 3 of our lads trumps woys boys. Though it's a bit of a no lose afaic. Think Wales will win, 2-1 Bale and Ledley and a fat granny shagger reply.

Pathetic, why does one have to come above the other when they never clash:rolleyes:.

scro
15-06-2016, 02:02 PM

The stupid part of this is those three lads aren't palace like we are (with the possible exception of jonny). All three of them could start the season at a different club. The lads that play for England are however English like we are.

No amount of self harming and silly talk would ever make me want palace or England to lose to another team. It goes against all that being an English palace fan is all about.

waddoneagle
15-06-2016, 03:30 PM
Great picture of Four World Class Players :p

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13445432_10154228215945349_3023796659979315058_n.j pg?oh=25afba53e5fc8c4719ab11faf76c5623&oe=5804F927

ExCroydon_CPFC
15-06-2016, 03:44 PM
The stupid part of this is those three lads aren't palace like we are (with the possible exception of jonny). All three of them could start the season at a different club. The lads that play for England are however English like we are.

No amount of self harming and silly talk would ever make me want palace or England to lose to another team. It goes against all that being an English palace fan is all about.

Well said :p

Icy
15-06-2016, 06:13 PM

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13445432_10154228215945349_3023796659979315058_n.j pg?oh=25afba53e5fc8c4719ab11faf76c5623&oe=5804F927

3 legends. Going to be tough to beat them. Whose the monkey looking chap with the ponytail though?

TouchyAndalou
15-06-2016, 06:21 PM

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13445432_10154228215945349_3023796659979315058_n.j pg?oh=25afba53e5fc8c4719ab11faf76c5623&oe=5804F927 Shame they don't all play for us.

elgin eagle
15-06-2016, 06:28 PM
Shame they don't all play for us.

http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=265928

Malarkey
16-06-2016, 07:46 AM

Was about to post that myself:p

eaglejez
16-06-2016, 08:05 AM
my tactics for today. Play Vardy, play Vardy, play Vardy

ANDYEAGLE
16-06-2016, 08:05 AM
Palace come above England for me, 3 of our lads trumps woys boys. Though it's a bit of a no lose afaic. Think Wales will win, 2-1 Bale and Ledley and a fat granny shagger reply.e

If we had 3 Russians playing for us I take it you would of wanted Russia to beat us last Saturday.?

elgin eagle
16-06-2016, 08:20 AM

Hard to disagree with that.

palacea
16-06-2016, 08:32 AM

Instead, precious time has been spent in deep thought what system can I play to ensure Rooney plays.

Celestial Empire
16-06-2016, 09:07 AM

Rooney is well past his best, but can still shoot, tackle, pass and read the game.
I thought he did well in the deep role against Russia, so I am confident that Hodgson will play him in a more advanced role against Wales, where he will get in the way and be by-passed. :(

Celestial Empire
16-06-2016, 09:20 AM

It's a football competition, not an excuse for jingoism and chauvinism.
Those prats dressed as "crusaders" are truly embarrassing, don't they know that the crusades had only a small English participation ?
No, of course they don't.
The England ultra-fans are mostly weirdos.

Celestial Empire
16-06-2016, 09:32 AM
If we had 3 Russians playing for us I take it you would of wanted Russia to beat us last Saturday.?

In case you haven't noticed, the principality of Wales is part of the United Kingdom, and Jon Williams was born in Pembury, just down the road from me.
None of the three Palace players would have got near the England team - even our best English players are ignored by the self-loathing Croydonian pseud.:rolleyes:

Chillo
16-06-2016, 09:54 AM

Why has the picture been reversed?

EagleSE24
16-06-2016, 09:55 AM
If Vardy was playing up front for Wales with Bale we'd be terrified. Think it's his time. At the very least to get 30mins.

Les Butler
16-06-2016, 11:07 AM
Instead, precious time has been spent in deep thought what system can I play to ensure Rooney plays.

Midfield he had a good game play Vardy and Kane up front ....I am sure Wales will be playing the counter attack holding back so parking the bus so we should get a bucket load of chances especially if we get the first goal.

Come one England !!!

Selhurst300
16-06-2016, 11:13 AM
Come on England

Jim Cannon
16-06-2016, 11:16 AM
Looking forward to this

New LP
16-06-2016, 11:17 AM

Palace aren't playing England though?

How far do we take this? If England play France do we now want the French to win because of Cabaye? Or if we play Australia or Italy should we want them to win because Popovic or Lombardo?

Club takes a back seat when the national team play.

A Wooden Fish On Wheels
16-06-2016, 11:26 AM
Palace aren't playing England though? Some seem to think we are. Personally I'm backing Gabor Kiraly as the next Palace keeper.

Langers
16-06-2016, 11:40 AM
No pressure on Wales - if they take that attitude then they will regret it. They need to go all out and treat it as a must win game. I fancy an England win because for us to win the group, we have to win this game.

RobertCPFC
16-06-2016, 11:44 AM
Come on England!

Think we may win it in the last minute.

SeanPalace84
16-06-2016, 11:45 AM
We will win!!!

Can't help but like Wales though with the Palace lot.

RobertCPFC
16-06-2016, 11:54 AM
England unchanged

Ledley and Hennessey start for Wales. I don't know who misses out.

stinky
16-06-2016, 11:58 AM
England unchanged

Ledley and Hennessey start for Wales. I don't know who misses out.

Joniesta

evvo111
16-06-2016, 12:01 PM
COME ON WALES! Even Daenerys is supporting us :)

https://media.giphy.com/media/m9SujLYcPIJ68/giphy.gif

Down the local NUM club for an afternoon of getting roaring drunk on beer at £1.95 a pint. At those prices I won't be in any fit state to feel sorry for us if we lose or celebrate if we win.

Sir.S.C Remembered
16-06-2016, 12:08 PM
Latest Euro pod out now:

https://soundcloud.com/dgfootball/

Got some attention by Guardian/BT Sport pundits on Twitter last night + a 4-4-2 journo.

Joooe
16-06-2016, 12:26 PM
I'm genuinely nervous about this.

Please just let us smash them. C'mon England. :p

orp pisshead1
16-06-2016, 12:29 PM
Palace aren't playing England though?

How far do we take this? If England play France do we now want the French to win because of Cabaye? Or if we play Australia or Italy should we want them to win because Popovic or Lombardo?

Club takes a back seat when the national team play.

Some twat did say a while ago they'd be supporting France coz of cabaye think it was when we played em. And the " fan" was English .

scro
16-06-2016, 12:37 PM
It's a football competition, not an excuse for jingoism and chauvinism.
Those prats dressed as "crusaders" are truly embarrassing, don't they know that the crusades had only a small English participation ?
No, of course they don't.
The England ultra-fans are mostly weirdos.

Not sure why you replied to my post to make your irrelevant point.

It's ok to feel passion for your countries sports teams. No need to get all hand wringing liberal about. No guilt required for supporting england today.

Zulu84
16-06-2016, 12:39 PM
Come on Palace! .... I mean Wales... I mean England... I'm so conflicted!!

danpalace07
16-06-2016, 12:40 PM
we're gonna win

thank **** the Hen starts

mroakley9
16-06-2016, 12:46 PM
Carn the Welsh!

Jack Regan
16-06-2016, 12:46 PM
Come on Wales/Palace, let do it.

Joe85
16-06-2016, 12:47 PM
Easy win today with optimism going through the roof only for us to crash and burn v Slovakia.

Steamy
16-06-2016, 12:49 PM
Come on England and the Palace Welsh boys.

orp pisshead1
16-06-2016, 12:49 PM
We will win!!!

Can't help but like Wales though with the Palace lot.

Nothing wrong with that but for 95 minutes they're our rivals. That simple for me :p.

orp pisshead1
16-06-2016, 12:50 PM
Come on Wales/Palace, let do it.

Are you Welsh Jack? If so spot on for you if not :jerkit:.

orp pisshead1
16-06-2016, 12:51 PM
Carn the Welsh!

:D

orp pisshead1
16-06-2016, 12:52 PM
Come on Palace! .... I mean Wales... I mean England... I'm so conflicted!!

ENGLAND :lux::lux::lux:

OLD BASING EAGLE
16-06-2016, 12:53 PM
COME ON ENGLAND

Jack Regan
16-06-2016, 12:53 PM
Less than four weeks ago Rooney was a c***.

Today he's wearing a different shirt, but that doesn't suddenly make him a 'hero' or anything. He's still a c*** granny shagging Shrek impersonator.... who's had plastic surgery and/or botox.

Apart from him, Kane and Sterling, I don't know any other Hinglaan players.

Come on Wales.

Jim Cannon
16-06-2016, 12:54 PM
Has anyone noticed how most matches seem to kick off a few mins late btw

Joooe
16-06-2016, 12:56 PM
Here we go, come on England. :lux:

RobertCPFC
16-06-2016, 12:56 PM
Never felt so exited about an England game.

danpalace07
16-06-2016, 12:57 PM
someone give the anti-English old man his pills

Zulu84
16-06-2016, 12:57 PM
Has anyone noticed how most matches seem to kick off a few mins late btw

Yea, I can tell you from first hand experience it's really hard to get the timings right on things like this. Little second delays add up.

Zulu84
16-06-2016, 12:58 PM
Never felt so exited about an England game.

This game feels so strange, but yea, really exciting

Johnnieboy
16-06-2016, 12:59 PM
Good effort by both sides on the anthems

Nostrils
16-06-2016, 12:59 PM
Joe Hart looks ready to explode. Come on England!

danpalace07
16-06-2016, 01:00 PM
******* murder them!

COYE

Johnnieboy
16-06-2016, 01:01 PM
BBC commentator needs to take the sock off his microphone

Jack Regan
16-06-2016, 01:01 PM
Joe Hart looks ready to explode. Come on England!

Yeah. If I was the UEFA doctor I'd be asking him for a sample at half time. Very unusual behaviour.

Joe85
16-06-2016, 01:02 PM
Robbie Savage co-commentating.

**** me.

Jim Cannon
16-06-2016, 01:03 PM
BBC commentator needs to take the sock off his microphone

On the upside we can't really hear Savage

Nostrils
16-06-2016, 01:04 PM
Yeah. If I was the UEFA doctor I'd be asking him for a sample at half time. Very unusual behaviour.

I don't think Joe will sell to a EUFA doctor - he's not that daft.

Johnnieboy
16-06-2016, 01:04 PM
On the upside we can't really hear Savage

Public Service Broadcasting :)

Timbo
16-06-2016, 01:06 PM

Fortunately you're just a policeman!

maestro
Walker is a terrible defender

danpalace07
Ramsey looks like a right tart

CT_Palace
16-06-2016, 01:08 PM
******* Stirling off to a good start

LLCOOLSTEVE
16-06-2016, 01:08 PM
******* Sterling

Nostrils
16-06-2016, 01:09 PM
If that was Vardy...

maestro
Couldn't finish his dinner

Malarkey
Sterling is shit

Dingle
Oh ffs Sterling. Why is he even on the pitch???? Get Vardy on

Joe85
Was Sterling picked to make the Sheikh feel better about pissing £50 million up the wall?

Adlerhorst
how did he miss?

Zulu84
16-06-2016, 01:10 PM
Vardy would have buried that

Johnnieboy
16-06-2016, 01:10 PM
Hitting the target from six yards out isn't as easy as it looks, apparently

Zulu84
16-06-2016, 01:11 PM
Hitting the target from six yards out isn't as easy as it looks, apparently

It's true, just ask our strikers

mexicaneagle
16-06-2016, 01:12 PM
Sterling is shit

quite. Vardy, anyone?

FourtyTwo
16-06-2016, 01:13 PM
Ridiculous decision to start Sterling after the piss poor performance in the second half v Russia - still think he cost us the game by killing two breakaways where we had a man advantage by mis-controlling the ball and running it too far straight into a defender.

maestro
16-06-2016, 01:14 PM
Should play 442

Nevermind
16-06-2016, 01:14 PM
Sterling looks lost when through on goal/shooting

Malarkey
16-06-2016, 01:15 PM
Should play 44effing2

Efa

Zulu84
16-06-2016, 01:16 PM
Sterling looks lost when through on goal/shooting

Have a feeling in a couple of years sterling will have drifted into obscurity struggling to make the city bench... Hasnt progressed and has the same problems in front of goal he's always had

EagleSE24
16-06-2016, 01:17 PM
On current evidence, Liverpool absolutely mugged Man City with that transfer fee.

FourtyTwo
16-06-2016, 01:17 PM
Should play 442

Playing Kane up front on his own against a back 3, as Wales play, is just going to result in him being crowded out and outnumbered constantly. He won't find any real space, and if the wing backs track back consistently, it will nullify Sterling (ha) and Lallana easily enough.

Could be relying on a goal from a set piece to score!

Lombardo's hair
16-06-2016, 01:18 PM
Should play 442

ì did say Roy would play same 11. He is stubborn and lacks imagination. England needs a manager with guile and friability not the media controlled lacked we've had. We may win this match but part of me wants us to lose so we get rid of Roy but we'd only replace him with another corporate type figure

Zulu84
16-06-2016, 01:18 PM
Should play 442

Agreed, we look toothless

Wolfnipplechips
16-06-2016, 01:19 PM
Pen for the push on Ali?

Joe85
16-06-2016, 01:19 PM
Vardy needs to be on the pitch.

Zulu84
16-06-2016, 01:21 PM
The way sterling runs really bothers me

maestro
Midfield so slow in posession, letting Wales get back into shape.

Lombardo's hair
Red card for Alli before end if we don't get ahead?

CT_Palace
16-06-2016, 01:22 PM
Too slow. Wales can defend against this all day.

Zulu84
0-0 anyone

Malarkey
What is this shit kicking from Hart

Malarkey
16-06-2016, 01:23 PM
Cheers Ledley

Malarkey
16-06-2016, 01:23 PM
Come on Wayne, you always concede free kicks

Edit: but not terrible ones like that

Zulu84
16-06-2016, 01:24 PM
Haha, why is Rooney not hitting those

maestro
Shooting is absolutely shocking from England

Dj 784
Need to stop letting Harry Kane taking free kicks

Zulu84
16-06-2016, 01:25 PM
Fantastic beard from Ledley

Andy in Rome
16-06-2016, 01:26 PM
Wales happy to contain and see if they can get something on the break. England seem clueless at the moment.

fioreuk
Need to stop letting Harry Kane taking free kicks

Woy' stubbornness again. The Kane dead ball experiment hasn't worked and we have better dead ball kickers (Rooney, Lallana) to replace.

Joe85
Lallana, Alli and Dier playing well.

Murk E
this is ******* dire so far.

Malarkey
And again Ledley

LLCOOLSTEVE
16-06-2016, 01:27 PM
Making it a scrappy high tempo type premier league game will suit Wales; we need to calm it down and play like we did v Russia in the 1st half

Zulu84
He didn't fing touch him

CT_Palace
Look at that... Wales up the pitch, Hart gets the ball away early and England stop and pass the ball 3 times laterally... what's the point?

wedgetail
International space station on high alert for English free kicks

917L
Diving wanker Rose

cpfc4evandeva
Martin Keown is a ******* moron

Joe85
16-06-2016, 01:28 PM
That'd be in the net at Selhurst.

cpfc4evandeva
'Ledley definitely caught him there'

Despite two replays showing that he clearly didn't. Why couldn't he handle admitting he was wrong? Penis

Wolfnipplechips
Save Wayneo.

Malarkey
Sterling is ******* hopeless

Wolfnipplechips
16-06-2016, 01:29 PM
Two poor sides so far.

Latvian Eagle
16-06-2016, 01:30 PM
Please go buy some white socks. This kit is alright apart from the socks.

Zulu84
This ref is out of his depth

Joe85
Robson-Kanu is bullying Smalling and Cahill.

Andy in Rome
16-06-2016, 01:32 PM
Are these commentators watching the same game? "It's building up..." - no it isn't, it's awful right now.

Zulu84
16-06-2016, 01:33 PM
If Vardy or Sturridge don't come on at half time I seriously give up

Malarkey
16-06-2016, 01:34 PM
Penalty. Out of your depth **** ref

Zulu84
Are these commentators watching the same game? "It's building up..." - no it isn't, it's awful right now.

Hahaha, I was thinking the same thing

LLCOOLSTEVE
penalty! ffs

danpalace07
someone land a right hook on Ramsey

RobertCPFC

I don't know who thought Keown and Savage was a good idea.

Zulu84
16-06-2016, 01:35 PM
I don't know who thought Keown and Savage was a good idea.

Is Savage ever a good idea though

Lombardo's hair
16-06-2016, 01:36 PM
wayne looking comfortable. maybe it's just us that he has his moments for?

danpalace07
16-06-2016, 01:36 PM
Wales playing like a ******* League 1 team at Old Trafford in the cup

RobertCPFC
16-06-2016, 01:37 PM
Is Savage ever a good idea though

No

CT_Palace

a draw would be just fine for them.

Joe85
The atmosphere killing trumpet player escaped unscathed from the violence then.

Shame.

Lombardo's hair
penalty! ffs

Would have been very soft. defender had no idea where ball was. same as one against Damo at Stoke. That shouldn't have been given and was.

Zulu84
16-06-2016, 01:38 PM
Agreed and there is nothing to be scared of, they just need to have a bit of confidence to play

LLCOOLSTEVE
16-06-2016, 01:38 PM
Walker, shit cross, wtf was that

Nevermind
16-06-2016, 01:39 PM
Where would walker be without his pace!

Malarkey
Ledley hasn't put a beard wrong so far

Zulu84
The atmosphere killing trumpet player escaped unscathed from the violence then.

Shame.

If you kill one, two will take his place

Malarkey
Are we playing at Turf Moor?

Zulu84
This is just a shit premier league match

Joe85
16-06-2016, 01:40 PM
If you kill one, two will take his place

:D