PDA

View Full Version : Should England withdraw from the World cup if they are disqualified from the euros ?

racehorse-80s
14-06-2016, 12:37 PM
I think we should as it's clearly the Russians that are intent on causing serious harm to our fans , Watch the Utube footage posted by the Russians and view their crazy comments from the Russian FA and Fans federation to see how they are happy for our fans to be beaten to death .

Murk E
14-06-2016, 12:44 PM
We should withdraw anyway.
Russian football is quite the opposite of everything the sport should be.
Corrupted and dark on every level.

racehorse-80s
14-06-2016, 12:45 PM

I suspect some of the thugs are on Putins payroll . I am sure if England fans are not there the thugs will find another State enemy to target .

Eaglefoz
14-06-2016, 02:27 PM
I voted yes on the basis that if Russia is still allowed to hold the world cup which I personally believe should be taken away from them now.

Repo Man
14-06-2016, 03:08 PM
Not just the World Cup, we should boycott everything Russian.

greybot
14-06-2016, 04:19 PM
I truly believe the russian government were behind the foot soldiers in Marseille. They want us to fear them. We shouldn't withdraw because thats exactly what they want. We need to go out there with British security and undercover cops with vest cameras to show the world what they are upto and some methods to protect (i.e. batons, tasers, pepper spray).

rhino_mik
14-06-2016, 04:48 PM

This. And Qatar.

RazorsEdge
14-06-2016, 06:06 PM
One thing is for sure, you get nicked in France for hooligan activity, you will be bailed and most probably banned from attending football matches in future.

Get nicked in Russia or Qatar.......well good luck in getting a bail.

ebyeeckeagle
14-06-2016, 06:17 PM
Fine. But boycott an even worse regime in Qatar.

Comments from Russian officials are disgraceful. And utterly incomprehensible to properly functional democratic states. I wouldn't boycott or withdraw but it is a tainted tournament already. And I do t mean a couple of hundred thugs.

iwozjacko
14-06-2016, 08:13 PM
Not just the World Cup, we should boycott everything Russian.

Chelsea away?

CommercialStone
15-06-2016, 12:17 PM
I think it would be a bit rich considering the trouble we have caused over the past 30 years - being all high and mighty now.

The innocent fans today are being made to pay for years of trouble-making by others. They have been made a target, a "challenge" for these Russians.

When the English cause trouble, you usually get the comment "it's 200 in a number of 30,000 who caused trouble". It works both ways. The ordinary Russian fans are just as sick of these Ultras I am sure.

Chris K
15-06-2016, 12:21 PM
I'm not, although I admit this is an assumption brought about through my Polish heritage and therefore having an ingrained dislike of anything Russian

New LP
15-06-2016, 12:41 PM
I think it would be a bit rich considering the trouble we have caused over the past 30 years - being all high and mighty now.

The innocent fans today are being made to pay for years of trouble-making by others. They have been made a target, a "challenge" for these Russians.

When the English cause trouble, you usually get the comment "it's 200 in a number of 30,000 who caused trouble". It works both ways. The ordinary Russian fans are just as sick of these Ultras I am sure.

So people now following England peacefully should accept that they are ripe for a stamp on the head or an iron bar because in the seventies and eighties English fans used to commit acts of hooliganism?

It's a bit like arguing that every Millwall fan who watches his team for the football should accept being beaten to a pulp.

It does make it easy for blame to be laid at the door of the English fans though as we have a bad reputation. The boorish behaviour of some English people away from home doesn't help either.

CommercialStone
15-06-2016, 12:50 PM
So people now following England peacefully should accept that they are ripe for a stamp on the head or an iron bar because in the seventies and eighties English fans used to commit acts of hooliganism?

It's a bit like arguing that every Millwall fan who watches his team for the football should accept being beaten to a pulp.

It does make it easy for blame to be laid at the door of the English fans though as we have a bad reputation. The boorish behaviour of some English people away from home doesn't help either.

People should not accept that at all no. I am just saying that one of the causes has been our behaviour and our perceived reputation.

I am just thinking that to say to chuck the Russians out, is a bit rich considering the trouble we have caused without ever being thrown out and if we are both thrown out for the trouble we have caused / are going to cause tonight, then to threaten to pull out of the WC in Russia is a bit high and mighty.

racehorse-80s
15-06-2016, 01:39 PM
Looks like Russia will ease eufa problems and go out anyway .
I do worry for the welsh fans at the final game though .

sirdougie
15-06-2016, 01:55 PM
We would need to qualify before we can withdraw

Murk E
15-06-2016, 02:20 PM
People should not accept that at all no. I am just saying that one of the causes has been our behaviour and our perceived reputation.

I am just thinking that to say to chuck the Russians out, is a bit rich considering the trouble we have caused without ever being thrown out and if we are both thrown out for the trouble we have caused / are going to cause tonight, then to threaten to pull out of the WC in Russia is a bit high and mighty.

English teams were banned for 5 years from Europe because of hooliganism.

Politicians and UK Media condemned the thugs when they created trouble.
The same can't be said of the Russian response - that's the difference.