PDA

View Full Version : Europa Cup 16/17

Worzel Ron
13-07-2016, 02:18 PM
Our fixtures in previous Prem Seasons have been disrupted because of other Prem teams involvement meaning our Saturday games on occasions have been switched to the Sunday.

I believe Man Utd; Saints; and West Ham are the teams in this cup for the coming season.

I looked at the Europa website at their dates for their rounds/matches and as far as I can see there are no clashes for the coming season.

Can U BBS Guys confirm that I have read the situation correctly?

Dorking .Eagle
13-07-2016, 07:14 PM
Man United at home has already been moved from the original Tuesday back a day to a Wednesday night, as their preceding weekend game had to move to the Sunday because of a Europa group game.

Nothing affected in August or September (which have been moved for TV) of course.

RON GADD
14-07-2016, 12:56 PM
Yeak I spotted those but I was trying to look for all the Seasons fixtures both Home & Away for the three Teams.

ForzaPalace
14-07-2016, 01:08 PM
Yeak I spotted those but I was trying to look for all the Seasons fixtures both Home & Away for the three Teams.

Well it depends on how far they get in the competition doesn't it?

Dorking .Eagle
14-07-2016, 03:24 PM
Sky and BT Sport live tv changes, and the later stages of the FA Cup will affect more fixtures than the Europa League tbh. And even then it's usually only a switch to a sunday.

RON GADD
17-07-2016, 12:50 PM
That was my concern SUNDAYS.

I've no transport on a Sunday & the Guys I car share with don't do Sundays.

Nearest main line station 25 miles away, Brisol, with no bus service from S/M.
Possible Coach Travel to London though depending on kick- off.

The joys of living in the West Country!!

stamford triumph
17-07-2016, 01:20 PM
Nothing to do with Europa League but I see Stoke home game has been moved to the Sunday for sky

herts_palace
17-07-2016, 08:07 PM
That was my concern SUNDAYS.

I've no transport on a Sunday & the Guys I car share with don't do Sundays.

Nearest main line station 25 miles away, Brisol, with no bus service from S/M.
Possible Coach Travel to London though depending on kick- off.

The joys of living in the West Country!!
What about Castle Cary - surely that's closer?

RON GADD
18-07-2016, 08:20 AM
Yep about 12 miles but not a main line station so infreqent service.
That's why I didn't mention it.
Plus on a car share on a Saturday the fuel costs are split 3 or 4 ways.

Worzel Ron
18-07-2016, 12:30 PM
Just to qualify the original Post.

When we first got back to the Prem. a few Seasons ago we suddenly had games changed from a Saturday to a Sunday that wasn't because they were being televised but because the team we were playing were in the Europa League and played the previous Thursday so had their next game switched to Sunday to compensate.

Also on occasions the Kick-Off time seemed strange for a Sunday because were used to the TV live games kick-off times.

We are usually given a fair bit of warning and a fair bit of publicity about the live TV games.

However in the first seasons when games were switched not all Palace Fans realised it was because of the Europa Cup and couldn't understand why the games was on a Sunday but not televised.
Reading previous Posts on the BBS.

All I was trying to do was alert BBS posters to the Europa situation in advance of the Season starting so they are more aware of possible changes.

As far as I can see we will not be affected this Season by the Europa Fixtures and I was posting to ask for other's assistance that I had interpreted the Europa dates correctly

For my own situation I can usually get over one way or another but a bit of warning of a possible fixture change is useful.

So all I was trying to do was get ahead of the game as it were.