PDA

View Full Version : Travel Information Southern Rail! The Palace Fans based in B*******,Sussex,Hampshire thread!

Ismale
21-07-2016, 11:05 AM
Thought I'll start a thread for all us Palace Fans,Wether you are ST holders like myself,or just occasional visitors to Selhurst,Who,If things don't improve MASSIVELY! with Southern Trains within the next 3 weeks? Will be effected by the current situation in regards to travelling to Selhurst for home games with Southern trains or using Southern trains to get to London in order to go to away games,as I will be come September 10th for Middlesbrough.

I know of quite a few of us who regulary travel up from Brighton & nearby stations who will be effected with all this current shenanigans! Theres plenty of other BBS'ers who also live in Sussex who get on at Stations throughout Sussex & also Hampshire who will be effected also by all the current problems.

So,please feel free to leave any relevant information & or news on travel delays,cancellations & the like on this thread,i shall update myself any News on travel on matchdays at Selhurst & on away days when im going.

cheers.
Ismale.

little al
21-07-2016, 01:21 PM
Do Palace still run coaches up, or did the trial nott go well? Might be a good time to try again if so.

Payroll Legend
21-07-2016, 01:29 PM
Hadn't even thought about this. Nightmare

jaspercpfc
21-07-2016, 01:33 PM
Mods should make this a sticky in the Tickets, travel & fixture information. Based on recent events, it will have a knock on impact.

mushroom
21-07-2016, 03:32 PM
If you live Seaford... You could be screwed for mid week games

mushroom
21-07-2016, 03:33 PM
Especially if the bottlers have a home game

orp pisshead1
21-07-2016, 03:39 PM
Thought I'll start a thread for all us Palace Fans,Wether you are ST holders like myself,or just occasional visitors to Selhurst,Who,If things don't improve MASSIVELY! with Southern Trains within the next 3 weeks? Will be effected by the current situation in regards to travelling to Selhurst for home games with Southern trains or using Southern trains to get to London in order to go to away games,as I will be come September 10th for Middlesbrough.

I know of quite a few of us who regulary travel up from Brighton & nearby stations who will be effected with all this current shenanigans! Theres plenty of other BBS'ers who also live in Sussex who get on at Stations throughout Sussex & also Hampshire who will be effected also by all the current problems.

So,please feel free to leave any relevant information & or news on travel delays,cancellations & the like on this thread,i shall update myself any News on travel on matchdays at Selhurst & on away days when im going.

cheers.
Ismale.

What's happening with southern rail mate? Don't use trains that often so out of the loop info wise. Is this the company featured & heavily criticised on the news ?.

SHIPEAGLE
21-07-2016, 04:11 PM
Do Palace still run coaches up, or did the trial nott go well? Might be a good time to try again if so.

I don't think there was ever one from Sussex but it was trialed for a number of matches from Kent, but was stopped

keltic eagle
21-07-2016, 06:59 PM
What's happening with southern rail mate? Don't use trains that often so out of the loop info wise. Is this the company featured & heavily criticised on the news ?.

Seriously. Just asking as have you not been on the southern railway bastards thread

EddieEdwards
21-07-2016, 07:40 PM
Mods should make this a sticky in the Tickets, travel & fixture information. Based on recent events, it will have a knock on impact.Moved to the Travel forum. Not sure it needs to be a sticky - we'll see how it goes.

7Ps
21-07-2016, 07:46 PM
Going to affect midweek matches more as their "emergency" timetable only applies on weekdays. Weekends are still affected by crew shortages but they're less acute. Of course, there's generally less road traffic at the weekends so parking and walking/bussing/tramming(?) it in is more of an option.

Martinsleftpeg
21-07-2016, 07:47 PM
I am not happy either travel from Worthing to London has been diabolical in the close season and I'm looking at going by car if it does not improve soon so some car sharing may be in order

cpfcfly
22-07-2016, 11:41 AM
I'm gonna be starting up my twitter and website @cpfctravel again for the new season where I'll be trying to give updates on travel as much as possible.

gold76
22-07-2016, 06:55 PM
Slightly more fortunate that at HH we also get Thameslink trains too

Ismale
13-08-2016, 11:10 AM
Just Got To E.Croydon,was gonna catch the 10.58am train from B******* that left 5 minutes late & ended up getting to E.Croydon 22 minutes later than planned.:rolleyes:

So be prepared for speed restrictions on the way up.

orp pisshead1
13-08-2016, 11:12 AM
Least your in Red& Blue country mate :lux:.

orp pisshead1
13-08-2016, 11:15 AM
Seriously. Just asking as have you not been on the southern railway bastards thread

Probably have but you reach my age and try remembering things!. Tbf I get confused between Southern rail & South East rail.

Ismale
27-08-2016, 10:02 AM
Just left on the 10.58 from B******* & Seemingly everything seems to be running on time! Bar the 11.18 Gatwick Express which is cancelled.

HTH anyone coming up from Weedville :p

jaspercpfc
28-11-2016, 02:25 PM
Southern confirm strike for Wednesday 14th December (same day as United at home)

LONDONMAN
28-11-2016, 02:28 PM
Southern confirm strike for Wednesday 14th December (same day as United at home)

Bloody hell, Man Ure's fanbase are f:jerkit:cked!

Penstone Eagle
28-11-2016, 02:31 PM

:D

Chillo
28-11-2016, 02:32 PM

No; SWT from Guildford are still running.

gold76
23-01-2017, 07:11 PM
Alas I hear that buses are replacing trains both Saturday and Sunday between Brighton and 3 Bridges, which will extend travel times for any south coast based fans heading to the City game.