PDA

View Full Version : Pre Season Chipstead v Palace 'development squad' 29 July - CANCELLED

Dorking .Eagle
21-07-2016, 06:12 PM
The development side have an additional pre-season friendly at Chipstead Football Club in Surrey on Friday 29th July, kick-off 7.45pm.

The ticket prices are 7 (adults), 5 (Concessions over 60 and with a Palace season ticket), 3 Under 16s.

Tickets on sale on the night at the ground.

There is limited parking at the ground on the night of the match.

The nearest train station is Chipstead but High Road is walking distance from the station.

Read more at http://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/the-development-side-have-an-additional-pre-season-fixture.-3199106.aspx#8xrFjZO4Db5meZYe.99

I wouldn't recommend walking it from Chipstead Station unless you are fit and like walking!!!

Bazz Lightyear
22-07-2016, 07:36 PM
I live down the road so may attend this if I get home from work on time. For anyone attending The White Hart pub is excellent for food and drink

old git
22-07-2016, 07:46 PM
The development side have an additional pre-season friendly at Chipstead Football Club in Surrey on Friday 29th July, kick-off 7.45pm.

The ticket prices are 7 (adults), 5 (Concessions over 60 and with a Palace season ticket), 3 Under 16s.

Tickets on sale on the night at the ground.

There is limited parking at the ground on the night of the match.

The nearest train station is Chipstead but High Road is walking distance from the station.

Read more at http://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/the-development-side-have-an-additional-pre-season-fixture.-3199106.aspx#8xrFjZO4Db5meZYe.99

I wouldn't recommend walking it from Chipstead Station unless you are fit and like walking!!!

That is a bloody long walk.Even if you cut across the golf course.

maestro
22-07-2016, 08:07 PM
lol **** that walk from the station its not just the distance, there isnt any pavement for a large parts and cars fly round those lanes.

I doubt there will be any space in actual car park so I would Park in Chipstead meads car park (free) and then walk (there is a short cut across a field)

jaspercpfc
22-07-2016, 08:12 PM
Used to go up there as a kid with Jim Cannon's son. Good non league club with some of the best characters you'll ever meet in the game (Alan Brett amongst others) Won't be able to make it, but I'd recommend the club house for anyone who fancies a beer with the locals.

mrgins
22-07-2016, 08:16 PM
Bloody long walk up a steep hill too! I played for chip stead about a hundred years ago

Dorking .Eagle
22-07-2016, 08:53 PM
Yep its not just a long walk up country roads, but uphill!

WLYWLYAWYPWF
22-07-2016, 09:02 PM
lol **** that walk from the station its not just the distance, there isnt any pavement for a large parts and cars fly round those lanes.

I doubt there will be any space in actual car park so I would Park in Chipstead meads car park (free) and then walk (there is a short cut across a field)

Just get a cab there and get on the jars.

WLYWLYAWYPWF
26-07-2016, 06:07 AM
Anyone know why this is cancelled?

WLYWLYAWYPWF
26-07-2016, 06:48 AM
Brexit?

selhursthoover
26-07-2016, 11:50 PM
Been cancelled according to their website. No reason given.

Dorking .Eagle
27-07-2016, 09:30 PM
Odd rumour tonight of an U21 game @ Cambridge instead. Have asked a contact there to verify but nothing substantiated thus far, so could well be an afternoon behind closed doors affair (if even true at all). Possible I suppose with the Derry/Gregory connections, and more bizarrely even a rumour that Paddy Mac might be there ATM ???

All most odd, and no, I haven't been drinking!

Odds Against
28-07-2016, 07:03 PM
Was looking forward to this.

For future reference rather than using the long, windy, hilly road up there are steps from at the back of Chipstead station, straight up to the golf club which can then be walked across to How Lane, you then have a flat walk to the High Road

Dorking .Eagle
29-07-2016, 04:16 PM
Palace did play Cambridge today, it was behind closed doors with a 1pm kick off.