PDA

View Full Version : You must bring photo ID with this ticket

26-07-2016, 03:22 PM
Just purchased a couple of tickets for our home game vs Bournemouth and on the e-ticket in the first section it states in bold...

"You must bring photo ID with this ticket"

I don't seem to remember seeing this from the few times I went last season, or is this just a new requirement for this season? :confused:

Nth Kent Eagle
26-07-2016, 03:24 PM
Is your name on the e ticket?

BERT'S HEAD
26-07-2016, 03:26 PM
I understand why they are doing it. How many times did Bin Laden get into Highbury unnoticed ?

Mick
26-07-2016, 03:32 PM
Same for the Valencia friendly as well. I thought at first this might be due to having proof of age for a concession ticket, but it's printed on the adult tickets as well. I can't believe that they're going to be that fussy at the turnstile, and as I've got kids' tickets as well, I'm certainly not going to bring along their passports to a football match.

26-07-2016, 03:39 PM
Is your name on the e ticket?

Yep - name on the ticket as usual for buying membership e-tickets.

Same for the Valencia friendly as well. I thought at first this might be due to having proof of age for a concession ticket, but it's printed on the adult tickets as well. I can't believe that they're going to be that fussy at the turnstile, and as I've got kids' tickets as well, I'm certainly not going to bring along their passports to a football match.

Indeed. Passport is all I would be able to show for photo id, and im at Victoria Passport office renewing mine the day before the match :D

Chillo
26-07-2016, 04:06 PM
It's rubbish; I don't have photo ID.

I have an old paper driving licence and my passport has run out and I'm getting a new one.

Yoda
26-07-2016, 04:17 PM
I'd email the club for clarification about this.

I've only brought ID to a sports event once, and that was for Wimbledon tennis and they are meant to be hot on checking the correct person has the ticket (to prevent touts etc).

So I dutifully brought proof of ID and address with me, but no one asked for it! They checked inside my bag, scanned the ticket and waved me through without asking for ID (even though the paperwork had told us to bring it).

sparks31
26-07-2016, 05:11 PM
Has anyone had problems loggin into the tickets site?

New LP
26-07-2016, 05:53 PM
Maybe the club are cracking down after happily allowing touts to buy cup final tickets by purchasing a season ticket for this season?

Fatboy
26-07-2016, 05:59 PM
Yep - name on the ticket as usual for buying membership e-tickets.

Indeed. Passport is all I would be able to show for photo id, and im at Victoria Passport office renewing mine the day before the match :D

Driving licence ?

ExCroydon_CPFC
26-07-2016, 05:59 PM
Maybe the club are cracking down after happily allowing touts to buy cup final tickets by purchasing a season ticket for this season?

Hope so. Far too many touted season tickets around Selhurst, especially in the Arthur Wait. If this has been brought in to combat this, then great.

crenoleagle
26-07-2016, 06:06 PM
Queue to get into the Arthur takes long enough as it is. Can't see this helping.

Although I doubt it will ever be checked, just like there aren't proper security checks.

26-07-2016, 06:18 PM
Driving licence ?

Don't drive. So would be Passport only.

I will email the box office to check what the score is. Just cant see everyone producing photo id as workable, so assuming it is a misprint until they confirm otherwise.

Brumie Allan
26-07-2016, 06:29 PM
I'm not really sure how this will work. I've got my ST for the Arthur (well not yet) and I've got an eTicket for a friend. so the eTicket has my name and client number on it but my friend will be going through the gate with it so how can it be checked.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
26-07-2016, 06:34 PM
I'm not really sure how this will work. I've got my ST for the Arthur (well not yet) and I've got an eTicket for a friend. so the eTicket has my name and client number on it but my friend will be going through the gate with it so how can it be checked.

Is that actually allowed in the small print though? Are you allowed to buy tickets for others/ non-members at this point in time?

Brumie Allan
26-07-2016, 06:38 PM
Don't drive. So would be Passport only.

I will email the box office to check what the score is. Just cant see everyone producing photo id as workable, so assuming it is a misprint until they confirm otherwise.Well maybe not a misprint but something not thought through properly.

26-07-2016, 06:40 PM
Is that actually allowed in the small print though? Are you allowed to buy tickets for others non-members at this point in time?

Not sure how that works as a season ticket holder buying tickets for non members but as a member I was able to purchase upto 4 tickets for the Bournemouth game (the other 3 not being members) same as recent seasons.

I have sent my email off now so will await response to the main question on the photo id. Will be very surprised if they come back to confirm photo id must always be presented on entry.

26-07-2016, 06:48 PM
Well maybe not a misprint but something not thought through properly.

Indeed apart from the practicalities of everyone presenting photo id on entry, for me there would be some concern carrying my passport around at a large busy sporting event when I need to fly back/leave the country the next day. Would be no beers for me at the game :supergrin::(

Chillo
26-07-2016, 07:01 PM
Indeed apart from the practicalities of everyone presenting photo id on entry, for me there would be some concern carrying my passport around at a large busy sporting event when I need to fly back/leave the country the next day. Would be no beers for me at the game :supergrin::(

Can you honestly see the turnstyle operators doing this?! ROFL

They cannot even agree if you can take in bottles of water or not, or take in chips, at adjacent turnstyles :moo2:

The UK doesn't have a system for photo ID, so how could Palace insist on it?

If I buy tickets for friends, the tickets would have my name on it; friends turn up with tickets and (going with the flow) photo ID which doesn't match. What happens then? Are they refused entry because they're not me?! :S:

TheMexicanHorse
26-07-2016, 07:10 PM
Message to the club: invest in working scanners first .

917L
26-07-2016, 07:18 PM
Why on earth should you provide photo id?

An utterly ridiculous concept, and not enforcable either

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
26-07-2016, 07:42 PM
Not sure how that works as a season ticket holder buying tickets for non members but as a member I was able to purchase upto 4 tickets for the Bournemouth game (the other 3 not being members) same as recent seasons.

I have sent my email off now so will await response to the main question on the photo id. Will be very surprised if they come back to confirm photo id must always be presented on entry.

Oh cool. Didn't realise that - all seems strange then.

RobertCPFC
26-07-2016, 08:32 PM
I think it has said that on e-tickets for a few years now but I don't think its anything to worry about.

Wolfnipplechips
26-07-2016, 08:34 PM
It's a ticket to the football ffs.

Seriously, utter bollocks.

gossip girl
26-07-2016, 09:18 PM
Same for the Valencia friendly as well.
I have an adult and child ticket for Valencia. Bought them weeks ago. No mention of photo ID.

Shoreditch CPFC
26-07-2016, 09:32 PM
We met some touts at Euro 16 that had around 100 Palace season tickets in the Arthur next to the away fans that they sell for a huge profit to away fans. Glad they are cracking down on it.

cpfc4evandeva
26-07-2016, 09:36 PM
If this is actually a genuine thing, does it put an end to giving your season ticket to a friend when you go on holiday? I can't see this being something that will happen, but I never thought the club would start giving people 'loyalty' points for buying hot dogs either.

pardew's shorts
26-07-2016, 09:43 PM
We met some touts at Euro 16 that had around 100 Palace season tickets in the Arthur next to the away fans that they sell for a huge profit to away fans. Glad they are cracking down on it.

Have you told the club?

917L
27-07-2016, 06:50 AM
If this is actually a genuine thing, does it put an end to giving your season ticket to a friend when you go on holiday? I can't see this being something that will happen, but I never thought the club would start giving people 'loyalty' points for buying hot dogs either.

And how can an adult use his son/daughters concession season ticket midweek as has been the case since 2010 took over?

Del Gland
27-07-2016, 07:51 AM
Great idea in these worrying times but there does need to be a sytem modification for tickets for friends.

27-07-2016, 09:20 AM
Same for the Valencia friendly as well.

I have an adult and child ticket for Valencia. Bought them weeks ago. No mention of photo ID.

Just seems to have started happening recently then by the sounds of it.

No reply to my email yet from membership or boxoffice, will update once I get a reply.

Sam Spade
27-07-2016, 09:24 AM
I understand why they are doing it. How many times did Bin Laden get into Highbury unnoticed ?
None. Arsenal tried to sign him but couldn't agree a fee.

Kirby
27-07-2016, 09:36 AM
It won't be enforced. Probably just a deterrent for touts.

greybot
27-07-2016, 10:31 AM
^^^ this. They probably won't even reply to the emails as it would mean having to admit there is no new checking system in place.

dmf73
27-07-2016, 10:39 AM
I bought an OAP concession ticket and a normal ticket for my Dad and me last year and just to see if they checked we swapped tickets going into the game - i.e - I went in with the OAP ticket and my Dad went in with mine. They didn't even notice - just let us through.

Mick
27-07-2016, 01:56 PM

Were they etickets?

gossip girl
27-07-2016, 02:26 PM
Sorry, my mistake, thought the OP was talking about EVERY ticket, not just e-tickets.

Mine was bought online and posted to me, so not an e-ticket. X

cpfc4evandeva
27-07-2016, 02:37 PM
I bought an OAP concession ticket and a normal ticket for my Dad and me last year and just to see if they checked we swapped tickets going into the game - i.e - I went in with the OAP ticket and my Dad went in with mine. They didn't even notice - just let us through.

I worked on the turnstiles as a teenager.

If someone did this at my gate I didn't care a jot. I was there to see Palace.

Ogilvy
27-07-2016, 03:19 PM

Suspect they may be talking out the bit they sit on...

Yoda
27-07-2016, 03:28 PM

A friend of mine accidentally used his season ticket/card from the previous season for several months.

No one noticed, not even him till he found the new one still in his desk. So he had paid, but was using an old card...maybe it doesn't matter which card the scanners read, as long as you've paid?

dweedman
27-07-2016, 03:59 PM
I worked on the turnstiles as a teenager.

If someone did this at my gate I didn't care a jot. I was there to see Palace.

Good mate of mine works turnstiles, abides by the same philosophy.

spy
27-07-2016, 07:57 PM

I've only brought ID to a sports event once, and that was for Wimbledon tennis and they are meant to be hot on checking the correct person has the ticket (to prevent touts etc).

So I dutifully brought proof of ID and address with me, but no one asked for it! They checked inside my bag, scanned the ticket and waved me through without asking for ID (even though the paperwork had told us to bring it).

When I went to Wimbledon this year they didn't even scan the ticket, just tore off the bit they keep. They also don't have your name on it so not sure how they would ever know if you sold it when they don't scan them!

27-07-2016, 08:00 PM
Email sent to both "Boxoffice" and "Memberships" over 24 hours ago - no reply.

Hopefully get a reply tomorrow.

Mick
28-07-2016, 06:04 AM
Sorry, my mistake, thought the OP was talking about EVERY ticket, not just e-tickets.

Mine was bought online and posted to me, so not an e-ticket. X

If this provision isn't printed on the normal tickets, perhaps it's because it's possible to print an eticket out more than once and to guard against duplicate use, but if the scanners work properly ( which is hit or miss! ), then it shouldn't matter.

Ron Dodgers
28-07-2016, 06:32 AM

From the CPFC Official Site:

"Can I give my season ticket to my friend to use?

Season ticket cards are non-transferable. However, should you wish to give your seat to an acquaintance contact the box office prior to the matchday and a paper ticket will be issued for the game. Please note that your season card will become invalid for the match in question.

Read more at http://www.cpfc.co.uk/tickets/TicketingFAQ.aspx#pvSpdwWieyvmxmZD.99"

cpfc4evandeva
28-07-2016, 06:59 AM
Hahaha **** that hassle.

Yoda
28-07-2016, 07:40 AM
When I went to Wimbledon this year they didn't even scan the ticket, just tore off the bit they keep. They also don't have your name on it so not sure how they would ever know if you sold it when they don't scan them!

My last visit was a few years ago, so maybe they have since dropped their proof of ID request, as they weren't checking it anyway.

cjcpfc
28-07-2016, 06:37 PM
For those that may of got multiple Valencia tickets in their name do all your mates have to dress up like you and get in under your ID?

Mad Raschic Ken
29-07-2016, 05:23 AM

They spot check ID at Wimbledon. You definitely need to take it there just in case. I was checked once, but not other times.

palacea
29-07-2016, 10:14 AM
No way will that happen, ask for ID at the ground, that dont even scan your ticket sometimes. Another grand useless plan from someone who has no idea what happens at the turnstyles.

Yoda
29-07-2016, 10:28 AM
They spot check ID at Wimbledon. You definitely need to take it there just in case. I was checked once, but not other times.

Thanks, I'll bear that in mind next year.

It did seem a bit pointless to us, because what do they do if you buy a pair of tickets and the +1 person arrives at Wimbledon at a different time to the person that they sold the tickets to?

It didn't effect us, as we arrived together anyway. But Wimbledon is a long day and it must be common for the person who bought the tickets to arrive separately to their +1.

Wimbledon has no information about that person other than, maybe, to ask them to confirm the details of the person who gave them their ticket? Then if they say 'eBay', security show them the exit!

29-07-2016, 11:15 AM
Just got a reply back from the Box office.....

Thank you for your email.

It will not be necessary to bring ID with you.

This is mainly aimed at supporters who have booked concession tickets (students, adults aged 65 and over, or 18-21 year olds).

Yoda
29-07-2016, 11:49 AM
Now that makes more sense.

If you look borderline to be the correct age for a concession ticket, then bringing proof isn't a bad idea.

Our son has a junior season ticket and we had to provide proof of his age a few years ago when we applied for the ticket.

Mick
30-07-2016, 10:11 AM
Just got a reply back from the Box office.....

perhaps the wording should be changed to " you may be asked to provide photo id "

jan
30-07-2016, 10:46 AM
I phoned the club about this and they said you do not need photo id. It is not on any tickets that were sent out, if there is a problem on the day go to the box office and they will change the ticket. Can't say fairer than that.