PDA

View Full Version : Ryder Cup 2016

Pages : [1] 2

Beckenham Boy
30-08-2016, 11:44 AM
Ryder Cup 2016 starts on Friday 30th September at Hazeltine Golf Club in Minnesota

Darren Clarke has announced his 3 wildcards to join the 9 qualifiers, chosing Lee Westwood, Martin Kaymer and rookie Thomas Pieters.

The full 12 man squad is therefore: -

Rory McIlroy
Danny Willett
Henrik Stenson
Chris Wood
Sergio Garcia
Rafa Cabrera Bello
Justin Rose
Andy Sullivan
Matt Fitzpatrick
Lee Westwood
Martin Kaymer
Thomas Pieters

6 Rookies in the squad of 12 players

Clarke’s four vice-captains are Paul Lawrie, Thomas Bjorn, Padraig Harrington and Ian Poulter.

Read more at http://www.golf-monthly.co.uk/news/tour-news/european-ryder-cup-team-2016-113133#E2WoWvtpjgBJDgm1.99

Bring it on!

Baffled Bob 2
30-08-2016, 12:28 PM
How many Ryder Cups has Garcia played?

richj363
30-08-2016, 12:33 PM
I would of picked Knox

Beckenham Boy
30-08-2016, 12:37 PM
How many Ryder Cups has Garcia played?

He's played in 7 already - 1999, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2008, 2012 & 2014

He took a break from golf in 2010 as his form was terrible so who knows if he would have been a wildcard had he continued playing.

Worksop Palace
01-09-2016, 10:45 AM
Think we may get a bit of a hammering. A lot of rookies there.

Also not convinced DC will be a great captain. And I like him a lot.

Looking forward to it though. What sort of viewing times are we likely to have over here ?

Worksop Palace
01-09-2016, 10:46 AM
I would of picked Knox

Nah. Lacked serious judgement in not playing the final comp when he could have qualified automatically I think. Clarke suggested strongly he should play -'nudge nudge wink wink...he decided to put his feet up. Tough shit

richj363
01-09-2016, 10:59 AM
We need more players with experience of American conditions, still going to be a close one though.

Beckenham Boy
01-09-2016, 11:23 AM
Davis Love III still to make his picks but at present their team consists of an incredibly strong list

Zach Johnson
Dustin Johnson
Brooks Koepka
Phil Mickelson
Patrick Reed
Brandt Snedeker
Jordan Speith
Jimmy Walker

Davis Love gets 4 picks

Regarding timings - Hazeltine is 6 hours behind with these tee off times and UK hours in brackets

MATCH DAYS
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 30

Morning Matches (Foursome)

7:35, 7:50, 8:05, 8:20 (So UK times 1:35, 1:50, 2:05, 2:20)

Afternoon Matches (Four-Ball)

12:30, 12:45, 1:00, 1:15 (so UK times 18:30, 18:45, 19:00, 19:15)
Play concludes at approximately 6:30 p.m. (UK time 12:30am)

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 1

7:35, 7:50, 8:05, 8:20

12:30, 12:45, 1:00, 1:15
Play concludes at approximately 6:30 p.m.

SUNDAY, OCTOBER 2, 2016

Singles Matches

Begin at 11:04 a.m. – 1:05 p.m. (11 minute intervals)

Eagle Kneevil
01-09-2016, 11:39 AM
I would of picked Knox

Pieters has genuine star quality. I think the weak link is Sullivan and worry he'll be another David Gilford who was a rabbit in the headlights in the Ryder Cup. Plus he's out of form.

3 Beers at HT
01-09-2016, 04:28 PM
6 rookies but the majority of them have played at least 2 Majors and 3 WGC events in America for the last 2 years.

Del Martian
01-09-2016, 04:44 PM
Six Englishmen - thats more than usual. Agree about Sullivan and potentially Chris Wood being the weak links.

Worksop Palace
01-09-2016, 04:49 PM
Davis Love III still to make his picks but at present their team consists of an incredibly strong list

Zach Johnson
Dustin Johnson
Brooks Koepka
Phil Mickelson
Patrick Reed
Brandt Snedeker
Jordan Speith
Jimmy Walker

Davis Love gets 4 picks

Regarding timings - Hazeltine is 6 hours behind with these tee off times and UK hours in brackets

MATCH DAYS
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 30

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 1

SUNDAY, OCTOBER 2, 2016

Singles Matches

Nice one, thanks for that mate.

Golf Boy
01-09-2016, 05:00 PM
Pieters has genuine star quality. I think the weak link is Sullivan and worry he'll be another David Gilford who was a rabbit in the headlights in the Ryder Cup. Plus he's out of form.

Gilford has a winning record in his two Ryder cups.

Worksop Palace
01-09-2016, 05:05 PM
Six Englishmen - thats more than usual. Agree about Sullivan and potentially Chris Wood being the weak links.

Sullivan definitely. Totally out of form. Had a mare in Switzerland today.

Wood I'm not so sure about. Think he'll do ok in the foursomes

Worksop Palace
01-09-2016, 05:06 PM

Yeah but apart from that he was rubbish

:supergrin:

RazorsEdge
01-09-2016, 05:06 PM

Zach Johnson
Dustin Johnson
Brooks Koepka
Phil Mickelson
Patrick Reed
Brandt Snedeker
Jordan Speith
Jimmy Walker

Davis Love gets 4 picks

MATCH DAYS
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 30

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 1

SUNDAY, OCTOBER 2, 2016

Singles Matches

Cheers :)

Golf Boy
01-09-2016, 06:25 PM
Sullivan won most of his points ages ago.

Golf Boy
01-09-2016, 06:25 PM
Very popular guy though they say

Swanny32
01-09-2016, 06:29 PM
Not massively optimistic regarding our chances and can only echo Worksop, not convinced by Clarkey, despite me actually liking him as a golfer.

All that said, can't frigging wait! Best sporting event in the world.

Worksop Palace
01-09-2016, 07:14 PM
Not massively optimistic regarding our chances and can only echo Worksop, not convinced by Clarkey, despite me actually liking him as a golfer.

All that said, can't frigging wait! Best sporting event in the world.

:p

I've even arranged to have the snip that week so I can sit on the sofa on a bag of frozen peas and watch the golf. Saves a days holiday :supergrin:

Edit - just to be clear, I was due to have the snip anyway. I didn't arrange to have it just to get a day off !

Swanny32
02-09-2016, 05:57 AM

I've even arranged to have the snip that week so I can sit on the sofa on a bag of frozen peas and watch the golf. Saves a days holiday :supergrin:

Edit - just to be clear, I was due to have the snip anyway. I didn't arrange to have it just to get a day off !

Keep the last bit out when you tell that tale in the future, much more heroic and dedicated! Hope all goes well.

Beckenham Boy
02-09-2016, 07:33 AM

SPOOKY - SAME HERE!!!

I'm under the knife on Fri 30th so just hope it is a morning procedure so can head back to the sofa for the weekend!!!

chelmsfordeagle
02-09-2016, 07:38 AM
I'm really looking forward to this. It should be a close match. I'd probably say the US start as favourites but then they usually do and it rarely turns out that they win.

Worksop Palace
02-09-2016, 07:46 AM
SPOOKY - SAME HERE!!!

I'm under the knife on Fri 30th so just hope it is a morning procedure so can head back to the sofa for the weekend!!!

:eek:

I'll let you know the full details !

Eagle Kneevil
02-09-2016, 07:56 AM

:) But at the 1991 Ryder Cup - his first - he lost twice heavily including 7&6 alongside Faldo before being the name in the envelope.

Golf Boy
24-09-2016, 05:15 AM
:) But at the 1991 Ryder Cup - his first - he lost twice heavily including 7&6 alongside Faldo before being the name in the envelope.

I heard that Faldo didn't speak to him once in the match.

Worksop Palace
24-09-2016, 07:23 AM
SPOOKY - SAME HERE!!!

Sorry fella can't give you the details, my op has been cancelled as I have a suspected hernia !!

YASSA the PALACETINIAN
29-09-2016, 07:45 AM
We're up and running.......
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/37500790

Chester
29-09-2016, 07:51 AM
Its not even a funny piece if said tongue in cheek and quite clearly the Yanks would not take it that way either just look at who is running for President.

He should have gone out at the top when he was hilarious at Danny's Masters win and quit whilst he was ahead.

GanbareWashi
29-09-2016, 08:13 AM
Are there going to be streams (not the wet ones) where we can watch this?

art malice
29-09-2016, 08:29 AM

Schoolteacher as well. Twat.

YASSA the PALACETINIAN
29-09-2016, 08:34 AM
Are there going to be streams (not the wet ones) where we can watch this?

Should be OK on this (for a small fee)
http://sportsdonkey.club/chanlist#

cpfc4evandeva
29-09-2016, 01:56 PM

What has he said that is actually wrong here?

Sportsmen are so dull these days. If I was Danny Willett, I'd say something like 'The article is all true. Suck it.'

Worksop Palace
29-09-2016, 04:56 PM
Excited for this now. A full weekend of Ryder cup golf is a special time.

Off tomorrow. Bacon sarnies with a few lads at mine. Couple of hours in house watching then off to the rubber dub for a few more hours and few beers. Rinse and repeat Saturday and Sunday

Bring it on.

LLCOOLSTEVE
29-09-2016, 05:01 PM
wish I had booked tomorrow PM off now :(

N Herts Eagle
29-09-2016, 05:11 PM
Oh the joys if retirement....all set for tomorrow afternoon

Worksop Palace
29-09-2016, 06:46 PM
Oh the joys if retirement....all set for tomorrow afternoon

Schoolboy error LL !

Wolfnipplechips
29-09-2016, 07:05 PM
What is the first tee time tomorrow chaps?

Worksop Palace
29-09-2016, 07:15 PM
What is the first tee time tomorrow chaps?

Half 1 our time mate

Wolfnipplechips
29-09-2016, 07:18 PM
Half 1 our time mate

Jubbly....will sneak off early.

Got to watch number one son playing football for the school away tomorrow afternoon though. Bugger.

Must be a trial for you watching these poor quality courses on the TV.

Cheers Worksop.

Worksop Palace
29-09-2016, 07:25 PM
Jubbly....will sneak off early.

Got to watch number one son playing football for the school away tomorrow afternoon though. Bugger.

Must be a trial for you watching these poor quality courses on the TV.

Cheers Worksop.

😁

Only 3 weeks to wait for Turnberry again :p

Fat Andy
29-09-2016, 11:25 PM
Clarke went out on the course and showed willet the article and then went absolutely mental at him.

The crowds are going to crucify Willet. His and Clarkes press conferences were all about the article.

Doesn't help that most of the Europeans can't stand Willet, not a happy camp!

Finbar
29-09-2016, 11:49 PM
Blimey, morning pairings the Americans look even stronger in comparison than I thought

Glad there should be a lively atmosphere this year, don't want the Ryder Cup getting all nice :)

Long weekend in Brisbane, preparing for very little sleep!!

Worksop Palace
30-09-2016, 06:05 AM
Clarke went out on the course and showed willet the article and then went absolutely mental at him.

The crowds are going to crucify Willet. His and Clarkes press conferences were all about the article.

Did he ? Where did you see that ? Can't see any mention.

Willet does come across as a bit of a knob tbh

cpfc4evandeva
30-09-2016, 07:48 AM

Where are you getting all this from?

I thought Willett was very friendly with Westwood at least, I don't know about everyone else though.

I still cannot believe how this has been made into a big story. Danny's brother wrote a clearly piss taking piece and threw in loads of stereotypical jibes. The Yank journalists who picked it up are either good at making a story out of nothing, or they're thickos who can't understand satire.

Danny and Clarke have not dealt with it well IMO though. When asked about it, they should have laughed it off and said it was all a joke, nothing to worry about. And then just thrown in the obligatory 'sorry for any offence caused' and then the line underneath it is drawn.

Surely no one is really offended by this anyway?! If a relative of the American team called us something like 'tea drinking pussies' I would laugh about it. ******* hell.

If Clarke really did have a go at Danny though, that's a bit wank too. He can't control his brother.

Chester
30-09-2016, 07:59 AM
There has been tension between the Willett brothers ever since his brother became a minor celeb in his own mind during the Masters. Danny and his parents have felt that his brother has been trying to piggy back off his brother in order to try and become a "writer" ever since.

Clarke brought the article to Willetts attention at the end of a practice round but not to shred him but to prepare him for the inevitable questions.

Id be livid if it was my brother as it was a piss poor article at a piss poor time during an event that had piss all to do with him especially as he was making hay off my back. Its a big story because it was always going to be during Ryder Cup week and the Yanks were never ever going to take it any way apart from slagging them off.

Ive heard nothing about people disliking Willett and tbh with Westie and Fitzpatrick in the team they are only Worksop short of a friendly 4 ball if he wasnt lining Trumps pocket every other weekend.

Worksop Palace
30-09-2016, 08:03 AM
There has been tension between the Willett brothers ever since his brother became a minor celeb in his own mind during the Masters. Danny and his parents have felt that his brother has been trying to piggy back off his brother in order to try and become a "writer" ever since.

Clarke brought the article to Willetts attention at the end of a practice round but not to shred him but to prepare him for the inevitable questions.

Id be livid if it was my brother as it was a piss poor article at a piss poor time during an event that had piss all to do with him especially as he was making hay off my back. Its a big story because it was always going to be during Ryder Cup week and the Yanks were never ever going to take it any way apart from slagging them off.

Ive heard nothing about people disliking Willett and tbh with Westie and Fitzpatrick in the team they are only Worksop short of a friendly 4 ball if he wasnt lining Trumps pocket every other weekend.

:D

I'm still waiting for the call mate ! Think they're worried about my putting making Westy look bad. :)

cpfc4evandeva
30-09-2016, 08:32 AM

Everything you have put here is fair but **** it, the Americans come out of this looking like bellends. It's a joke, deal with it.

Why is sport so boring these days. God how we miss people with big mouths like Brian Clough and Muhammad Ali. Those guys today would be dull ****ers like James Milner.

Chester
30-09-2016, 08:49 AM
Everything you have put here is fair but **** it, the Americans come out of this looking like bellends. It's a joke, deal with it.

Why is sport so boring these days. God how we miss people with big mouths like Brian Clough and Muhammad Ali. Those guys today would be dull ****ers like James Milner.

You've managed to pick the one sporting event where players freely act like bellends and are encouraged to do so. Its brilliant.

Wait for Patrick Reed on the first tee tomorrow and you will see goading like nothing else.

The Ryder Cup is one of the purest forms of theatre there is in sport for 3 days and at the end of the day (whilst still wanting Europe to rub the Americans nose in it) i just want 3 days of amazing matchplay golf that will modernise golf and make all of us want to get out there and rub the people who tell us every week golf is borings face right in their own nutsack.

foxinthebox
30-09-2016, 08:52 AM
In a sad world of self promotion he's self promoted better than most other sad little self promoters - probably why he's getting grief. For him more good will come of this than bag probably , in his own eyes anyway.

At worst it was a bad joke

Let's get on with the golf

cpfc4evandeva
30-09-2016, 09:13 AM
You've managed to pick the one sporting event where players freely act like bellends and are encouraged to do so. Its brilliant.

Wait for Patrick Reed on the first tee tomorrow and you will see goading like nothing else.

The Ryder Cup is one of the purest forms of theatre there is in sport for 3 days and at the end of the day (whilst still wanting Europe to rub the Americans nose in it) i just want 3 days of amazing matchplay golf that will modernise golf and make all of us want to get out there and rub the people who tell us every week golf is borings face right in their own nutsack.

Agree but then why is everyone crying about the words of one bloke who was taking the piss?

Reid is a great bloke to watch. Clearly disliked, clearly big-headed but clearly ridiculously talented. Spieth is another that gets shirty when things aren't going his way. I love that. There's nothing wrong with Luke Donald for example, he seems like a top bloke. But he isn't edgy, he isn't fun. He is vanilla, Coldplay, safe. I love a bad boy.

CaterhamEagle
30-09-2016, 09:33 AM
If I was Danny Willett I'd be livid. He's now got 3 days of needling from the crowd in front of him through no fault of his own. Whether a joke or not it's incredibly poor judgement from his brother and would be amazed if it doesn't negatively affect his golf now.

Worksop Palace
30-09-2016, 10:47 AM
I don't think Willet will get much grief unless he invites it with some histrionics

chelmsfordeagle
30-09-2016, 10:56 AM
Agree but then why is everyone crying about the words of one bloke who was taking the piss?

Reid is a great bloke to watch. Clearly disliked, clearly big-headed but clearly ridiculously talented. Spieth is another that gets shirty when things aren't going his way. I love that. There's nothing wrong with Luke Donald for example, he seems like a top bloke. But he isn't edgy, he isn't fun. He is vanilla, Coldplay, safe. I love a bad boy.

cpfc4evandeva
30-09-2016, 11:00 AM

:lux:

chelmsfordeagle
30-09-2016, 11:05 AM
I agree with cpfc4evandeva. A bit or personality in sport is a good thing and tough to show in modern sport where everything someone does is analysed in minute detail.

JamTheEagle
30-09-2016, 11:06 AM
If I was Danny Willett I'd be livid. He's now got 3 days of needling from the crowd in front of him through no fault of his own. Whether a joke or not it's incredibly poor judgement from his brother and would be amazed if it doesn't negatively affect his golf now.

Of course it was a joke, it was quite obviously satire. The US do not get sarcasm.

chelmsfordeagle
30-09-2016, 11:07 AM

Or maybe he will love it. I'm sure this has been spoken about on here before but before the last ashes tour there was a test done which showed that Broad, Pieterson and Prior actually performed better in a hostile atmosphere. I read a McEnroe bio years ago where he said he loved people hating him.

GanbareWashi
30-09-2016, 11:24 AM
If he starts off well, any crowd abuse could spur him on, but if he starts badly it could derail his game.

LLCOOLSTEVE
30-09-2016, 12:05 PM
MASH POTATO

Sp1Eagle
30-09-2016, 12:42 PM
U S A

U S A

:S:

cpfc4evandeva
30-09-2016, 12:45 PM
And they have the audacity to get annoyed by Willett's brother's article.

He might only have been taking the mick, but what he said was all true.

GrayP41ace
30-09-2016, 12:48 PM
Sportsdonkey not working? Can't get anything :(

Jordan's Jacket
30-09-2016, 12:58 PM
Have to say I've watched 10 minutes of this and the characterisation produced by Willets is depressingly accurate

Jordan's Jacket
30-09-2016, 01:05 PM
Good grief. .....

Wolfnipplechips
30-09-2016, 01:06 PM
Might have to turn the sound off.

What a bunch of wankers. I'm with Peter Willett.

Swoonara
30-09-2016, 01:07 PM
Have to say I've watched 10 minutes of this and the characterisation produced by Willets is depressingly accurate

We all know he was right, it was just incredibly bad timing!

stinky
30-09-2016, 01:15 PM
Silly question, but how do the foursome pairings decide what brand of ball to use? Say one always plays with Titliest and one always plays with Srixon, how do they decide what brand of ball they use? Or is it much of a muchness and they only stick with a particular brand for sponsorship reasons?

Wolfnipplechips
30-09-2016, 01:20 PM
Good question.

Malarkey
30-09-2016, 01:27 PM
Too many adverts

cpfc4evandeva
30-09-2016, 01:27 PM
Naked mud wrestling

Golf Boy
30-09-2016, 01:28 PM
Only 4 matches on the course and we still only see about half the shots played. What would you rather see -- dead time shots of people walking or more live golf shots? FFS

Steve in Phoenix
30-09-2016, 01:35 PM
Silly question, but how do the foursome pairings decide what brand of ball to use? Say one always plays with Titliest and one always plays with Srixon, how do they decide what brand of ball they use? Or is it much of a muchness and they only stick with a particular brand for sponsorship reasons?

Mickelson was in the media complaining about his pairing in the past with Woods because Woods uses "a high spin ball" and Mickelson uses a "low spin ball" and they hardly had any time to practice to get it right..

Swoonara
30-09-2016, 01:55 PM
I always thought the foursomes were in the afternoon, or is it the home team's choice?

Jordan's Jacket
30-09-2016, 01:57 PM
I'd use a reader ball. More pronounced seam

Swoonara
30-09-2016, 02:10 PM
Just looked it up, when in the USA foursome are in the morning, and when in Europe its four balls.

DeanGoodsnake
30-09-2016, 02:19 PM
Westwood playing well ..
Not

Malarkey
30-09-2016, 02:23 PM
Americans are ******* annoying

Jordan's Jacket
30-09-2016, 02:35 PM
moronic

Tomo
30-09-2016, 02:36 PM

This.

Danny wasn’t very happy about his brother at all after the Ryder Cup.
The guy is a complete tool.

ForzaPalace
30-09-2016, 02:41 PM
Nothing worse than American sports fans

Jordan's Jacket
30-09-2016, 02:43 PM
I class golf more as a pastime than a sport

Golf Boy
30-09-2016, 02:53 PM
I class golf more as a pastime than a sport

It's a sport. A powerful dynamic movement requiring power, strength and timing.

art malice
30-09-2016, 02:55 PM

Especially at the 19th

Jordan's Jacket
30-09-2016, 02:57 PM

So sex is a sport.

stinky
30-09-2016, 03:29 PM
So sex is a sport.

I'm in training for the 2024 Olympics

Sleeping Giant
30-09-2016, 03:35 PM
It's felt like US momentum the whole way yet we've a decent chance of getting out all square still, well for a few minutes more. Already absolutely fascinating.

Wolfnipplechips
30-09-2016, 03:38 PM
I'm in training for the 2024 Olympics

I may qualify for the Paralympics by then.

art malice
30-09-2016, 03:57 PM
So sex is a sport.

GET IN THE HOLE

Golf Boy
30-09-2016, 04:03 PM
Especially at the 19th

More stamina there.

Malarkey
30-09-2016, 04:31 PM
Capitulation

eaglejez
30-09-2016, 04:39 PM
:(

thereichstuff
30-09-2016, 04:44 PM
GET IN THE HOLE

LLCOOLSTEVE
30-09-2016, 04:45 PM
Need a big afternoon

YASSA the PALACETINIAN
30-09-2016, 04:46 PM
At this rate the cup will be lost before the singles start........:(

Will need a 2012 comeback again....:)

art malice
30-09-2016, 04:57 PM
This is the 1st time #GoUSA has gone 4-0 in the 1st session of the #RyderCup since 1975. Arnold Palmer was captain…

A chilling statistic in more ways than one

Wolfnipplechips
30-09-2016, 05:00 PM
GET IN THE HOLE

Beautifully done.

Golf Boy
30-09-2016, 05:07 PM
Early days. I've just laid the yanks at 1.19

Adlerhorst
30-09-2016, 05:12 PM
That's a collapse the English middle order would be proud of.

Golf Boy
30-09-2016, 05:15 PM
It's gone the Amercans way. Mickleson was all over the shop and had a direct shot out every time. Another day they would have lost 6&5.

cpfc4evandeva
30-09-2016, 05:29 PM
When I went out about an hour and a half ago, the projected score was 2.5 - 1.5 to the U.S.

Just seen it's 4-0. What happened? :(

Funk Butter
30-09-2016, 05:38 PM
Nothing worse than American sports fans

:jerkit:

cpfc4evandeva
30-09-2016, 05:43 PM
True though.

anti-addick
30-09-2016, 06:24 PM
Let's look at the last 20 years. For that they've been utterly butt-f*cked so all that whooping means piss all.

anti-addick
30-09-2016, 06:30 PM
Who are the Brexidiots supporting in this? Maybe they think that the British players can play for the yank team in future

Shamone
30-09-2016, 06:30 PM
You know Europe and the EU are different things right?

Malarkey
30-09-2016, 06:37 PM
Who are the Brexidiots supporting in this? Maybe they think that the British players can play for the yank team in future

anti-addick
30-09-2016, 06:57 PM
You know Europe and the EU are different things right?

Same flag

3 Beers at HT
30-09-2016, 07:06 PM

Diane Abbot?

cpfc4evandeva
30-09-2016, 09:34 PM
Looking good at the moment. Considering we were 4-0 down, a 2 point deficit doesn't seem so bad.

eaglejez
30-09-2016, 10:01 PM
Go Europe :p

CaterhamEagle
30-09-2016, 10:12 PM
Looking good at the moment. Considering we were 4-0 down, a 2 point deficit doesn't seem so bad.

Not there yet by any means.

art malice
30-09-2016, 10:37 PM
Impressed by Cabrera Bello and liked the way he came out with Garcia, all smiles and confident despite being 4-nil down

Mictor Voses
30-09-2016, 10:44 PM
Impressed by Cabrera Bello and liked the way he came out with Garcia, all smiles and confident despite being 4-nil down

Couldn't agree more. Should play in both games tomorrow based on that performance.

art malice
30-09-2016, 10:50 PM
Loving that Rory!

WLYWLYAWYPWF
30-09-2016, 10:57 PM
Darren Clarke sounds like Wilf Zaha.

Worksop Palace
01-10-2016, 06:37 AM
This mornings 4somes will dictate this match now. We cannot afford a loss. 2-2 as a minimum and may well need a win this morning.

Another 10 hours of golf interspersed with football and beer. What's not to like (if you can ignore the septics and their ridiculous chanting and shouting)

Worksop Palace
01-10-2016, 02:43 PM
Starting to look iffy after a good start.

Malarkey
01-10-2016, 02:51 PM
McIlroy and Pieters have really messed this up

Malarkey
01-10-2016, 02:55 PM
Spieth is an arrogant ****

Worksop Palace
01-10-2016, 02:59 PM
Spieth is an arrogant ****

Er, he's American

cpfc4evandeva
01-10-2016, 03:00 PM
WTF is this 'Daddy's home' bollocks about?

Why are Americans such ******* gimps?

cpfc4evandeva
01-10-2016, 03:01 PM
And what was Mickelson doing? Came across a bit wanky.

Malarkey
01-10-2016, 03:01 PM
WTF is this 'Daddy's home' bollocks about?

Why are Americans such ******* gimps?

Just the sports fans tbf

Jaserob
01-10-2016, 03:15 PM
I will be there tomorrow, representing with my Palace flag. I am going to try and get a spot on the grandstand behind the 8th

Malarkey
01-10-2016, 03:50 PM
Fitzpatrick and Stenson need to rescue this

Malarkey
01-10-2016, 04:02 PM
**** off Snedeker

Malarkey
01-10-2016, 04:15 PM
7/5 then

Worksop Palace
01-10-2016, 04:23 PM
Honours even I think. We had to make sure we didn't slip further behind so ok.

Must get a point back this aft

Worksop Palace
01-10-2016, 04:24 PM
Oh Matt..

cpfc4evandeva
01-10-2016, 04:37 PM
Oh Rosie :(

Malarkey
01-10-2016, 04:39 PM
Rose and Wood have ****ed this up completely

thereichstuff
01-10-2016, 04:41 PM

It's not full time yet !

Malarkey
01-10-2016, 04:42 PM
It's not full time yet !

I know, but only a one shot lead now :(

Worksop Palace
01-10-2016, 04:50 PM

We'll win this and get a half against Speith and Reed

Trust me

Malarkey
01-10-2016, 04:57 PM

Trust me

I'd love it if Spieth ****ed up

Golf Boy
01-10-2016, 05:01 PM
Wtf is Clarke doing with those 4 ball pairings. How does Garcia get in ahead of Cabrella. kaymer shite as well. Westwood wtf!

Malarkey
01-10-2016, 05:02 PM
G'warn Serge!

JamTheEagle
01-10-2016, 05:04 PM
Westwood is finished.

Worksop Palace
01-10-2016, 05:07 PM
Wtf is Clarke doing with those 4 ball pairings. How does Garcia get in ahead of Cabrella. kaymer shite as well. Westwood wtf!

Yes surprised with kaymer and Westy. Neither can putt

cpfc4evandeva
01-10-2016, 05:10 PM
This is amazing

Malarkey
01-10-2016, 05:10 PM
ESPAÑA

Worksop Palace
01-10-2016, 05:11 PM
Come on !!

cpfc4evandeva
01-10-2016, 05:11 PM
Westwood is finished.

Let's be honest - he's there because him and Clarke are best mates :hmph:

Brumie Allan
01-10-2016, 05:14 PM
God I love the Ryder cup format

Worksop Palace
01-10-2016, 05:15 PM
Let's be honest - he's there because him and Clarke are best mates :hmph:

Don't want to come across as over protective but...

He may have been picked because he's the second best ever English Ryder cup player

cpfc4evandeva
01-10-2016, 05:16 PM
Then why didn't Poults go?

Knox should have gone instead. Clarke was dead right with Pieters though - he's looked great.

Brumie Allan
01-10-2016, 05:17 PM
7/5 thenOr maybe 6/6

Golf Boy
01-10-2016, 05:17 PM
How is westwoid in ahead of cabrella. Clarke hasn't used his resources effectively here

Malarkey
01-10-2016, 05:18 PM
Or maybe 6/6

I'd take 6.5/5.5 :angel:

Golf Boy
01-10-2016, 05:19 PM

Knox should have gone instead. Clarke was dead right with Pieters though - he's looked great.

Knox made no effort to get to know the players or even play the last event to make certain of qualification.

LLCOOLSTEVE
01-10-2016, 05:19 PM

He is injured

LLCOOLSTEVE
01-10-2016, 05:20 PM
Fantastic stuff from the Spaniards

Golf Boy
01-10-2016, 05:23 PM

He may have been picked because he's the second best ever English Ryder cup player

But he is shanking his irons and missing one foot putts.

JamTheEagle
01-10-2016, 05:24 PM

He has had his time, as he has shown so far.

Malarkey
Miss Reed please miss

JamTheEagle
Rose/Stenson is an absolute smash up at evens. Reed/Spieth look spent.

Malarkey
01-10-2016, 05:26 PM
Perfect :)

Brumie Allan
01-10-2016, 05:27 PM
I'd take 6.5/5.5 :angel:oh well correct.

Worksop Palace
01-10-2016, 05:29 PM

Trust me

Aaaaaand, I thang you

Worksop Palace
01-10-2016, 05:31 PM
But he is shanking his irons and missing one foot putts.

He's always done that ...:)

But no I agree , Rafa and Serge should be out again

Beckenham Boy
01-10-2016, 05:33 PM
Was worried I split my stitches celebrating Benteke's equaliser yesterday, but that Spanish come back has got me hurting big time!

Sp1Eagle
01-10-2016, 06:42 PM
Ball landing on someone's backpack :D

Malarkey
01-10-2016, 06:58 PM
How did that not go in from Garcia?!

Fat Andy
01-10-2016, 07:01 PM
I will be there tomorrow, representing with my Palace flag. I am going to try and get a spot on the grandstand behind the 8th

If you are there with your flag I'll get you on tv

Fat Andy
01-10-2016, 07:03 PM
Did he ? Where did you see that ? Can't see any mention.

Willet does come across as a bit of a knob tbh

I was about 10 feet away...12th fairway of the practice round

He really isn't liked and is a bit of a knob

Having said that some of the stuff that's been shouted at him and his family by the Americans has been way over the top

congress
01-10-2016, 07:28 PM
Top quality golf being played at the moment.

anti-addick
01-10-2016, 07:28 PM
Why is Kucher getting booed?

Golf Boy
01-10-2016, 07:29 PM

Kooooooooooch

anti-addick
01-10-2016, 07:29 PM
On the 8th looking for the Palace flag

anti-addick
01-10-2016, 07:30 PM
Kooooooooooch

Did you read my PM?

LLCOOLSTEVE
01-10-2016, 07:32 PM

lol

Golf Boy
01-10-2016, 07:36 PM
Westwood chipped in there. Forgot he was playing.

anti-addick
01-10-2016, 07:37 PM
lol

^Dickhead

anti-addick
01-10-2016, 07:50 PM
Quality. After Willett f*cks up but gets a fluke bounce back into play Westwood gobbles.

Going to need a lead for tomorrow

LLCOOLSTEVE
01-10-2016, 07:56 PM
^Dickhead

wtf lol

Oh were you being serious?! lol oh..... that makes it funnier :D

JamTheEagle
01-10-2016, 08:17 PM
Reed is so ******* lucky...

Tomo
01-10-2016, 08:20 PM
Some incredible golf on show at the moment.

Golf Boy
01-10-2016, 08:35 PM
I like the way Mcllroy is remaining emotionless throughout.

Worksop Palace
01-10-2016, 08:39 PM
Leeeeeeeeeee

Wolfnipplechips
01-10-2016, 08:40 PM
Been out all day. Just come in and turned it on.

These USA fans are hopeless. They have no clue whatsoever. It's seriously pissing me off when they cheer missed puts.

They don't understand how boorish they are.

Worksop Palace
01-10-2016, 08:40 PM
I like the way Mcllroy is remaining emotionless throughout.

He's been wound up to the limit. Give em **** all, as the saying goes.

Malarkey
01-10-2016, 08:56 PM
All going wrong...Would be happy with 2/2 here

Malarkey
01-10-2016, 09:18 PM
Mickleson and Kucher are getting so lucky

art malice
01-10-2016, 09:18 PM
383-yard drive from Rory :eek:

anti-addick
01-10-2016, 09:20 PM
wtf lol

Oh were you being serious?! lol oh..... that makes it funnier :D

It's good to know that you are up on all of the golf crowd songs. Bet you don't even f*cking play, duffer.

anti-addick
01-10-2016, 09:21 PM
He's been wound up to the limit. Give em **** all, as the saying goes.

383 yard drive :eek: Jeez.

Chester
01-10-2016, 09:43 PM
This crowd is hideous. Imagine making PJ Willetts article come true. Twats

LLCOOLSTEVE
01-10-2016, 09:45 PM
It's good to know that you are up on all of the golf crowd songs. Bet you don't even f*cking play, duffer.

Played since I was about 12, been a Member at Lingfield, Ashdown Forest, Chartham, handicap right now about 16 I guess as dont play regularly enough...

And yourself? :hi:

and if you watch golf regularly then you know the Kuuuuuuuuuuuch bullshit

Just like Luuuuuuuuke for Luke Donald

art malice
01-10-2016, 09:46 PM
Mickelson just done a Pardew

Malarkey
01-10-2016, 09:49 PM
Kuchar looks like a woman in her 60s/70s who wears too many facial products. Just me who thinks that?

Malarkey
01-10-2016, 10:10 PM
Rose!

art malice
01-10-2016, 10:23 PM
Does Ryan Moore's head look uncannily like the London Planetarium?

Walter Wort
01-10-2016, 10:43 PM
:Does Ryan Moore's head look uncannily like the London Planetarium?

art malice
01-10-2016, 10:44 PM
These rounds are like Sundays in majors so those who've played two today must be fvcked

Malarkey
01-10-2016, 10:45 PM
******* rubbish. That's that then

SA Eagle
01-10-2016, 10:46 PM
Jesus Westwood!

Gollum
01-10-2016, 10:46 PM
Slipping away...

LLCOOLSTEVE
01-10-2016, 10:47 PM

you havent watched much Sunday Ryder Cup Action have you?

Long way to go yet, still very possible.....a big ask but not over at all

art malice
01-10-2016, 10:51 PM
We need another miracle.

anti-addick
01-10-2016, 10:51 PM
Played since I was about 12, been a Member at Lingfield, Ashdown Forest, Chartham, handicap right now about 16 I guess as dont play regularly enough...

And yourself? :hi:

and if you watch golf regularly then you know the Kuuuuuuuuuuuch bullshit

Just like Luuuuuuuuke for Luke Donald

I don't watch golf much, I find it dull aside this tourno. I'm off 8 as I don't play regularly enough.

Jasper
01-10-2016, 10:53 PM

This is starting to feel like every Palace match day thread.

anti-addick
01-10-2016, 10:54 PM
Miss it and fall in the lake Mikelson you lefty prick.

anti-addick
01-10-2016, 10:55 PM
C*nt

art malice
01-10-2016, 10:56 PM
'Cometh the hour, cometh the man?'

Good shot mind

SA Eagle
01-10-2016, 10:57 PM
That's better Lee

Chester
01-10-2016, 10:58 PM
Half of you acting like you have never seen a Ryder Cup before. Calm down ladies, tomorrow will be a blast to watch with all those points up for grabs.

anti-addick
01-10-2016, 10:58 PM
Every point matters Chester...

SA Eagle
01-10-2016, 11:00 PM
Ffs Westwood

art malice
'Cometh the hour, cometh the choke.'

anti-addick
******* crowd, what a bunch of mouthy shits.

Chester
01-10-2016, 11:01 PM
Course it does. But half the Americans have played pants today only supported by their partners who have shot lights out golf.

Its not like they are all at the top of their game. Anyones day tomorrow.

Its Worksops lot who need to have a word with themselves

stinky
01-10-2016, 11:02 PM
Westwood proving to be a terrible pick

Wolfnipplechips
01-10-2016, 11:02 PM

Cometh the hour cometh the Malarkey Matchday Meltdown.

LLCOOLSTEVE
01-10-2016, 11:04 PM
Yes Henrick!!!

anti-addick
01-10-2016, 11:04 PM
Sweet chip in

art malice
01-10-2016, 11:05 PM
Reed winding the crowd up before Stenson's shot. Classy

anti-addick
01-10-2016, 11:05 PM
Knackered, off to bed.

anti-addick
01-10-2016, 11:06 PM
Reed winding the crowd up before Stenson's shot. Classy

Tbf he just answered them and then calmed them down, the gobby dipshits wouldn't shut up.

JamTheEagle
01-10-2016, 11:09 PM
Still defending Westwood whoever it was?

art malice
01-10-2016, 11:09 PM
Cometh the hour, cometh the fry-up

art malice
01-10-2016, 11:12 PM
Darren Clarke thinking about Guinness

LLCOOLSTEVE
01-10-2016, 11:12 PM

Ill defend him; he is a good player still, came runner up in a major this year. When you have 6 rookies on the team you need some experience too

art malice
01-10-2016, 11:19 PM
No Westwood interview? Has he missed that as well?

JamTheEagle
01-10-2016, 11:29 PM
Ill defend him; he is a good player still, came runner up in a major this year. When you have 6 rookies on the team you need some experience too

Not when they can't putt.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
01-10-2016, 11:35 PM
Feel for Westwood. 1 very poor putt on the 17th and then a woeful one at the last. That is going to hurt for him.

GrayP41ace
01-10-2016, 11:38 PM
No Westwood interview? Has he missed that as well?

Golf Boy
02-10-2016, 01:17 AM
Garcia can't putt and Westwood can't really do anything right now. Poor captaincy right there. I'm not sure what Wood, Bello and Fitzpatrick were doing wrong. Or Sullivan for that matter. It looked to me like bello was the strong player in the Spanish duo.

Experience my arse. You have to be able to play.

cpfc4evandeva
02-10-2016, 07:12 AM
Garcia can't putt and Westwood can't really do anything right now. Poor captaincy right there. I'm not sure what Wood, Bello and Fitzpatrick were doing wrong. Or Sullivan for that matter. It looked to me like bello was the strong player in the Spanish duo.

Experience my arse. You have to be able to play.

Yep. The best players imo have been McIlroy, Reed and Pieters. All are well clear of turning 30.

Worksop Palace
02-10-2016, 07:28 AM

That would be me.

I was defending his inclusion in the team when someone said he'd only been picked because he was Clarke's mate. If you want to discuss that point then happy to. Given his RC record he was an obvious pick. And he was in decent form.

I agreed he shouldn't have gone out yesterday after his performance on Friday. He was always going to miss that putt on 18. He's done it for years now. If he could putt, he'd have won a few majors.

Anyway, going to be tough now. Let's hope we get a flying start

SA Eagle
02-10-2016, 08:10 AM
Going to be tough now, not all over by a long way, experience tells that teams can have great last day comebacks but the US only need to win 4 and halve another 2, based on what's been seen so far that's achievable. Presumably Europe will go with the past formula of putting the better players out first to try to build pressure/momentum and see what happens?

Worksop Palace
02-10-2016, 08:14 AM
Going to be tough now, not all over by a long way, experience tells that teams can have great last day comebacks but the US only need to win 4 and halve another 2, based on what's been seen so far that's achievable. Presumably Europe will go with the past formula of putting the better players out first to try to build pressure/momentum and see what happens?

Singles have been announced. Yes, top loaded as you would expect. Rory, Stenson top 2 v Reed and Speith

anti-addick
02-10-2016, 12:19 PM
Mountain to climb, was looking good at one point too.

Golf Boy
02-10-2016, 12:26 PM
terrible captaincy. Garcia missed more than a fair share of 8 footers which cost them the match. Great player, but you can't miss too many of those. Same with Westwood and obviously the same result. I knew when i saw the pairings for the afternoon it was going to be uphill. Fitzpatrick and Wood were holing everything in the morning. Sullivans only crime was being Westwoods partner friday morning. Out of Garcia and Bello it was clear that bello was the stronger.

It is going to be too tough now -- if Garcia and Westwood can get the putter going then maybe we have a chance. They rarely do though.

JamTheEagle
02-10-2016, 12:35 PM
terrible captaincy. Garcia missed more than a fair share of 8 footers which cost them the match. Great player, but you can't miss too many of those. Same with Westwood and obviously the same result. I knew when i saw the pairings for the afternoon it was going to be uphill. Fitzpatrick and Wood were holing everything in the morning. Sullivans only crime was being Westwoods partner friday morning. Out of Garcia and Bello it was clear that bello was the stronger.

It is going to be too tough now -- if Garcia and Westwood can get the putter going then maybe we have a chance. They rarely do though.

Absolutely no chance.

JamTheEagle
02-10-2016, 12:36 PM
That would be me.

I was defending his inclusion in the team when someone said he'd only been picked because he was Clarke's mate. If you want to discuss that point then happy to. Given his RC record he was an obvious pick. And he was in decent form.

I agreed he shouldn't have gone out yesterday after his performance on Friday. He was always going to miss that putt on 18. He's done it for years now. If he could putt, he'd have won a few majors.

Anyway, going to be tough now. Let's hope we get a flying start

I can entertain the idea that he should have been picked, no way on earth he should have played again after the first morning - he was complete garbage.

Worksop Palace
02-10-2016, 12:39 PM
I can entertain the idea that he should have been picked, no way on earth he should have played again after the first morning - he was complete garbage.

You agree with me then....

:rolleyes:

Golf Boy
02-10-2016, 12:39 PM
If we pull this one off it will be amazing. And ******* brilliant. I can see a fist fight between Rory and the fans developing. A sort ice hockey situation withg the players who have finished get stuck in to the crowd.

Worksop Palace
02-10-2016, 12:40 PM

Think you're being harsh on Segio GB. He's been very good overall. He his putting isn't his strongest suit.

Have to agree about Lee though. I can't watch him putt from 8ft in.

Golf Boy
02-10-2016, 12:44 PM
Think you're being harsh on Segio GB. He's been very good overall. He his putting isn't his strongest suit.

Have to agree about Lee though. I can't watch him putt from 8ft in.

He's a fantastic player, and an inspiration to others. He doesn't hole his share of putts though, and that costs. He qualified by rights though.

Westwood had a couple of good finishes in high ranking tournements and has shown nothing coming in. He's also let himself go physically compared to a year ago. He doesn't seem to be the guy inspiring the youngsters either. He shouldn't have gone tbh.

JamTheEagle
02-10-2016, 12:46 PM
You agree with me then....

:rolleyes:

Observant :)

Worksop Palace
02-10-2016, 12:48 PM
He's a fantastic player, and an inspiration to others. He doesn't hole his share of putts though, and that costs. He qualified by rights though.

Westwood had a couple of good finishes in high ranking tournements and has shown nothing coming in. He's also let himself go physically compared to a year ago. He doesn't seem to be the guy inspiring the youngsters either. He shouldn't have gone tbh.

Easy to say in hindsight. Didn't see anyone complaining when he got a caps pick. His record speaks for itself.

exiledeagle1
02-10-2016, 01:03 PM
We are well capable of winning the first six matches...all the others can go either way.
I really fancy Chris Wood against Johnson. Johnson has had a mediocre Ryder Cup and his collapse in the Tour Championship was spectacular.....the highest score on the final day of the whole field.

cpfc4evandeva
02-10-2016, 01:16 PM
Easy to say in hindsight. Didn't see anyone complaining when he got a caps pick. His record speaks for itself.

Pretty sure quite a few people on golf forums said similar to me: he went because he is Clarke's mate.

I can see the logic - you want to manage people you can trust and there's probably no one in golf that Clarke trusts more than Westie.

Lets hope it all works out ok.

Jaserob
02-10-2016, 01:18 PM
I'm not sure if attaching this photo is going to work, but here I am with my Palace flag on the 8th. They won't let me tie it to the railings though :(

Worksop Palace
02-10-2016, 01:20 PM
Pretty sure quite a few people on golf forums said similar to me: he went because he is Clarke's mate.

I can see the logic - you want to manage people you can trust and there's probably no one in golf that Clarke trusts more than Westie.

Lets hope it all works out ok.

I think the 'Clarke's mate' stuff is all a bit fanciful. He went because of his experience and RC record. Also not sure if there were too many other solid options.

Now whether he played him yesterday because he's his mate is another discussion. An odd decision I would agree.

Worksop Palace
02-10-2016, 01:21 PM
I'm not sure if attaching this photo is going to work, but here I am with my Palace flag on the 8th. They won't let me tie it to the railings though :(

Good lad !

You certainly won't get knocked over in that top :D

Jaserob
02-10-2016, 01:23 PM
Good lad !

You certainly won't get knocked over in that top :D

Yeh , we are certainly outnumbered

Sp1Eagle
02-10-2016, 03:14 PM

:lux::lux:

Malarkey
02-10-2016, 03:17 PM