PDA

View Full Version : Box Office - season ticket buy back

SgtStryker
07-09-2016, 08:36 AM
Does anyone know if the box office are willing to buy back season tickets for single games, not able to make Stoke?

Joe.L
07-09-2016, 11:06 AM
Does anyone know if the box office are willing to buy back season tickets for single games, not able to make Stoke?

Only once the game is sold out I believe.

SgtStryker
07-09-2016, 11:40 AM
Nice one, saves me a walk then. Cheers

Justy C
07-09-2016, 12:11 PM
Phoned up for tickets this morning, only restricted view available for Stoke so you might get some interest at some point.

laggin
08-09-2016, 12:56 AM

post it to them so they get it after the game :p

Robson
08-10-2016, 10:50 PM
Anyone know how close West Ham is to a sellout? Looking to sell my ST seat back to the club for that game.

EddieEdwards
08-10-2016, 11:52 PM
Probably very close but apparently they don't do the ST buy back any more.

Robson
09-10-2016, 12:15 AM
Shame. No one's a winner. A seat that could be sold goes vacant, the club loses out on , a fan loses out on the opportunity of seeing a game and I get no either.

Neil 154
09-10-2016, 11:41 AM
Is that a new policy? The box office told me a a couple of months ago that they would buy-back sold out games.

HOVE EAGLE
09-10-2016, 12:35 PM
I was told on Friday no buy back scheme
They are going to do a ticket exchange scheme in the near future

EddieEdwards
09-10-2016, 12:40 PM
Is that a new policy? The box office told me a a couple of months ago that they would buy-back sold out games.Actually I'm not sure, I was just going by what Barcelona B Fan said (http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?p=13261474#post13261474) on the Liverpool thread. It would certainly be worth checking with the box office if and when the game is officially announced as sold out.

Robson
09-10-2016, 03:17 PM
I'll call tomorrow and pass on what I'm told.

Edited - didn't call, judging by comments on here it's not being offered.

CPFC987
11-10-2016, 12:52 PM
I was told the below by the Box Office when trying to re-sell my S/T for Liverpool. Not sure what exactly they mean - they'll announce something for 17/18 before the Liverpool game?

Unfortunately we are not running the buyback scheme for the 16/17 season, we are currently looking to go with an official ticket resale partner, we hope to have this in place before the Liverpool fixture.

Please keep an eye on the website as we will post information on the website once it has been confirmed.

Dorking .Eagle
11-10-2016, 01:40 PM
Like Stubhub? Which is basically selling any games you cannot make for 1/19th of your season ticket price paid, maybe less an admin fee.

Got to be the way forward, crazy seeing loads of empty seats where s/t holders couldn't go, yet the 'Sold out' signs have been up for weeks

Brumie Allan
12-10-2016, 06:54 AM
I would rather someone I know sits in my seat not just some random. The club allow you to change your ST into a paper ticket for 2 or 3 games per season, I don't think there is any hard and fast rule. It only takes a phone call or email to sort. You will need to know the persons name so they can show id when picking up ticket. Whether you charge them is up to you.

Jim Cannon
12-10-2016, 07:01 AM
Doing a scheme with a third party will just mean away fans in home areas for big games surely.

scro
12-10-2016, 07:12 AM
I would rather someone I know sits in my seat not just some random. The club allow you to change your ST into a paper ticket for 2 or 3 games per season, I don't think there is any hard and fast rule. It only takes a phone call or email to sort. You will need to know the persons name so they can show id when picking up ticket. Whether you charge them is up to you.

I have found this doesn't have a limit. We do it all the time.

cpfcfly
12-10-2016, 11:12 AM
Doing a scheme with a third party will just mean away fans in home areas for big games surely.

Spurs have a similar scheme where you have to have a Palace client number in order to access it i.e. have a booking history. Potentially this could also add restrictions such as loyalty points or requiring gold membership or something along those lines.

Maybe the buyback is too much for the small box office that we have currently and it would be cheaper to pay a third party to handle it.

Would rather it was done in-house rather than a third party effectively buying my data.

tasty_snacks
12-10-2016, 11:48 AM
Spurs have a similar scheme where you have to have a Palace client number in order to access it i.e. have a booking history. Potentially this could also add restrictions such as loyalty points or requiring gold membership or something along those lines.

Maybe the buyback is too much for the small box office that we have currently and it would be cheaper to pay a third party to handle it.

Would rather it was done in-house rather than a third party effectively buying my data.

You've hit the nail on the head there.

I'm delighted to hear that the BO is looking to secure a third party to run a buy back scheme. Our BO simply doesn't have the capacity (nor experience) to administer an in house scheme. Far, far better to outsource this to partners with a proven track record in delivering such schemes. A much more efficient way of doing things. The current system of calling the BO, them having to print tickets, then someone else collecting them is unnecessarily arduous when all of this can be handled securely and efficaciously online.

There should be no fears of away fans getting tickets in the home end anymore than there under the present BO management. The scheme would run on exactly the same basis as the current programme, i.e. points/ membership based.

We can now start to fill those infuriating empty seats for sold out matches - and the odd visitor to SP may even get a view which isn't obstructed by a bloody pillar! This is really good news. :lux:

Clearly this is a financial win/win for both club and ST holder. Would be nice to see some of the funds raised by the club go towards any or all of the CPFC Foundation/ Study Centre, local charities and future away travel subsidisation.

scro
12-10-2016, 11:57 AM

I'm delighted to hear that the BO is looking to secure a third party to run a buy back scheme. Our BO simply doesn't have the capacity (nor experience) to administer an in house scheme. Far, far better to outsource this to partners with a proven track record in delivering such schemes. A much more efficient way of doing things. The current system of calling the BO, them having to print tickets, then someone else collecting them is unnecessarily arduous when all of this can be handled securely and efficaciously online.

There should be no fears of away fans getting tickets in the home end anymore than there under the present BO management. The scheme would run on exactly the same basis as the current programme, i.e. points/ membership based.

We can now start to fill those infuriating empty seats for sold out matches - and the odd visitor to SP may even get a view which isn't obstructed by a bloody pillar! This is really good news. :lux:

Clearly this is a financial win/win for both club and ST holder. Would be nice to see some of the funds raised by the club go towards any or all of the CPFC Foundation/ Study Centre, local charities and future away travel subsidisation.

I actually think the club could easily have a system where you can print an e ticket of your season ticket. It would certainly help those of us that have groups of tickets used by several people. Saves you having to physically pass the card around.

Oli28
12-10-2016, 08:18 PM

You used to be able to contact the club and tell them you wouldn't make a game and they'd buy back your ticket.

palacejim
12-10-2016, 09:05 PM
It's so annoying. I have 2 season tickets for the liverpool game and I know that game is in demand but have no way of passing them on. Conversely, I need a ticket for the AW for the West Ham game and I'm sure there are people who won't be able to make that game.

Hopefully the club will bring back buy back as soon as possible.