PDA

View Full Version : Just found a winning betting slip should i cash it in ?

palacelad197o
15-09-2016, 08:19 AM
So took the dog out for a walk this morning and found a winning William hill slip on the floor

Now i think it might be my neighbours but should i keep quiet and cash it in ?

Or do i ask him has he lost a betting slip ?

P.s its worth 54

Dorking .Eagle
15-09-2016, 08:27 AM
Not worth potentially terrible relations with your neighbour, give it back

palacelad197o
15-09-2016, 08:31 AM
Not worth potentially terrible relations with your neighbour, give it back

i say neighbour but our walls are not attached he lives in the same street

Lords Eagle
15-09-2016, 08:33 AM
Isn't there a crime 'stealing by finding', just something I seem to remember. But I think the right think to do would be to ask your neighbour if he has lost a slip, if he has ask what the bet was for and if he's right hand it back. If somebody did that for me I would give him a reward, but who knows!

Jordan's Jacket
15-09-2016, 08:51 AM
Give it back to the neighbour. The feeling of good citizenship will outweigh the benefit you get from the money (also will mean you can call in a favour at another time!!!)

IpswichEagle
15-09-2016, 08:55 AM
Take it in and cash it.

Put 54 on Palace to lose 0-1 on Sunday in the 94th minute with a freak own goal.

It will ease the pain.

Louis
15-09-2016, 01:00 PM
So took the dog out for a walk this morning and found a winning William hill slip on the floor

Now i think it might be my neighbours but should i keep quiet and cash it in ?

Or do i ask him has he lost a betting slip ?

P.s its worth 54
Yes - ask him

jimos_uk
15-09-2016, 01:03 PM
If you've a reasonable suspicion that it belongs to a particular person, then you have to give it back.

Strike up a chat, if someone had lost a winning ticket, a brief 'how about that match eh?' ought to flush it out anyway.

Do the right thing.

jimos_uk
15-09-2016, 01:03 PM

Frimley Flyer
15-09-2016, 01:08 PM
Blimey I'm glad I'm not your neighbour...it would be my wife next ......

There's a good chance that he knows he has won, in which case if he knows the bookie reasonably well he would be able to explain to them that he has lost the slip. If he can confirm exactly what the bet was, and when and where it was placed, they would pay him out. I've done this in the past. So if you take it into the shop there is every chance you'll have a bit of an "eggy" moment when they ask you where you put it on and who took your money.....

switchboard
15-09-2016, 01:11 PM
Cash it in and give it to a homeless person.

dmf73
15-09-2016, 01:14 PM
If you think it is your neighbour's the. Ask him. If he lies and says it is his when it isn't then you become the better person, if it is genuinely is his you still are the better person.
If it isn't his and he says so then keep it, cash it, buy yourself a drink and give the rest to charity.

3 Beers at HT
15-09-2016, 01:37 PM
Some soppy people on here, do you really think you would get a winning betslip back if you lost it?

Keep it in your wallet, when you come across a WH shop away from your neighbourhood, cash it in and enjoy :p

palacelad197o
15-09-2016, 06:06 PM
i did the right thing and gave it back and to cut a long story short we have been waiting on news from solicitors for months on the upper chain of our house move. Ten minutes after the winning slip was reunited with owner the phone rang with the good news that we are all now ready to exchange contracts :):):):)

Russboy
15-09-2016, 06:11 PM
Take it in and cash it.

Put 54 on Palace to lose 0-1 on Sunday in the 94th minute with a freak own goal.

It will ease the pain.

Then you can give the neighbour his 54 and keep 6.

Wolfnipplechips
15-09-2016, 06:12 PM
i did the right thing and gave it back and to cut a long story short we have been waiting on news from solicitors for months on the upper chain of our house move. Ten minutes after the winning slip was reunited with owner the phone rang with the good news that we are all now ready to exchange contracts :):):):)

All's well that ends well. :p

Dorking .Eagle
15-09-2016, 06:33 PM
Sounds like good karma :)

delboy01
15-09-2016, 06:40 PM
That's theft.

You know its not yours.

You can also claim a winning bet without the slip if you can prove you placed the bet.

Is it worth it for 54.