Season Ticket holders & paid Members with 2000+ Loyalty Points

Phase 2 Wednesday 21st September from 10am
Season Ticket holders

Phase 3 Thursday 22nd September from 10am
Paid Members

Phase 4 Monday 26th September from 10am
Season Ticket holders and paid Members can book one additional ticket

Coach Travel 17 departing at 10am.

http://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/ticket-information-for-the-game-against-leicester-city-in-october.-3310414.aspx

Penstone Eagle
16-09-2016, 12:43 PM
Always popular this one. Booked my train tickets a while a go, look forward to it.

dav434
16-09-2016, 05:10 PM
Hoping that it will get down to Phase 3

King William
16-09-2016, 06:43 PM
I'm ok I phase one....reckon will go to phase three?

cpfcfly
17-09-2016, 10:57 PM
Uh oh, I can't buy until I get paid on the 27th...

FourtyTwo
18-09-2016, 06:05 PM
Not impressed with the lack of tiers / separation below the 2k points level. Noticed it for most games so far as well.

Worksop Palace
18-09-2016, 06:09 PM
Bollox. Will be on a plane to Tenerife

Mictor Voses
18-09-2016, 06:35 PM
Not impressed with the lack of tiers / separation below the 2k points level. Noticed it for most games so far as well.

Was thinking that. Why have the club reduced all the tiers? Not to sound bitter but I've worked hard to amass my 4100 points and now it feels like I'm not being rewarded for it. Eddie- do you have any ideas?

cjcpfc
18-09-2016, 07:15 PM
Was thinking that. Why have the club reduced all the tiers? Not to sound bitter but I've worked hard to amass my 4100 points and now it feels like I'm not being rewarded for it. Eddie- do you have any ideas?

LOL. But when we book in first phase we always get lumbered with the crappy blocks. Thats loyalty!

EddieEdwards
19-09-2016, 06:50 AM
The phases are exactly the same as for Boro, Southampton, Sunderland and Everton. For those games, it was completely unnecessary to have any phasing at all, whereas for this one they should perhaps have been a bit more careful. Difficult to predict exactly how it'll work out but a lot of people have probably been waiting for this one following two games in the north east and one in the north west on a Friday night. If, for example, this sells out in phase 2 on Wednesday, then clearly there should have been more phases. Equally, if it doesn't, then you'd have to say that the box office got it right and didn't over-complicate it. Time will tell I guess.

Radders
19-09-2016, 12:36 PM
LOL. But when we book in first phase we always get lumbered with the crappy blocks. Thats loyalty!

There arent really any 'crappy blocks' at the King Power. All much the same.

FourtyTwo
19-09-2016, 10:18 PM
The phases are exactly the same as for Boro, Southampton, Sunderland and Everton. For those games, it was completely unnecessary to have any phasing at all, whereas for this one they should perhaps have been a bit more careful. Difficult to predict exactly how it'll work out but a lot of people have probably been waiting for this one following two games in the north east and one in the north west on a Friday night. If, for example, this sells out in phase 2 on Wednesday, then clearly there should have been more phases. Equally, if it doesn't, then you'd have to say that the box office got it right and didn't over-complicate it. Time will tell I guess.

Indeed - we will see how it goes.

I have spent time (and money) getting my points total to its rather modest level, but it appears, if the club follows the current pattern for all games, buying a gold membership doesn't have the perk of the points, as the 200 or however many we got don't really matter in the scheme of things, as it's 2k or nothing (or rather, behind s/t holders who may have far less points).

As it happens, I can't attend this match anyway, but thought it was enough games in to see a pattern emerging. Just hoping Burnley is okay!

cpfcfly
20-09-2016, 11:19 AM
Managed to scrape the money together. All booked up :)

RobertCPFC
20-09-2016, 11:20 AM
Got mine as well.

Good service on the phone this morning, got it done very quickly.

Radders
20-09-2016, 11:31 AM
Was 35 & 9 for me and junior last year. 30 & 10 this year. :)

October the last 4 years we always do an away for his birthday (not that we need an excuse but still) and this is the 3rd year in 4 its been Leicester!

Oddjob
20-09-2016, 11:35 AM
20 for a 12 year old as well now so not much cheaper than last year all in.

Chillo
20-09-2016, 11:39 AM
Looking for three together - not sure how the online system works, but 424, 418 and 419 aren't exactly three together?! :confused:

(Yes, I ticked the 'find seats together' box)

Will try later.

Radders
20-09-2016, 11:42 AM
20 for a 12 year old as well now so not much cheaper than last year all in.

What was the U12 last year?

crenoleagle
20-09-2016, 02:40 PM
Looking for three together - not sure how the online system works, but 424, 418 and 419 aren't exactly three together?! :confused:

(Yes, I ticked the 'find seats together' box)

Will try later.

I could be completely wrong but the fact we're in the corner may mean that numbers are skipped out on the rows lower down?

Although it is our online system so it's probably messed up.

EddieEdwards
20-09-2016, 04:14 PM
I could be completely wrong but the fact we're in the corner may mean that numbers are skipped out on the rows lower down?This is correct. Last season I had 3 tickets with a gap in the sequence, but the seats were together.

Chillo
20-09-2016, 04:37 PM
This is correct. Last season I had 3 tickets with a gap in the sequence, but the seats were together.

Thanks, I waited a bit and managed to get three consecutive numbers*

(* for the Br*ghton away - 3-0 in the wet - I got three consecutive numbers/seats that were either side of a gangway; my youngest hasn't let me forget about it :()

Dorking .Eagle
20-09-2016, 07:22 PM
What was the U12 last year?

This season

Adults - 30
Seniors (65+) - 25
Young Adults (18-21) - 25
Under 18s - 20

Under 12s - 10

LAST SEASON (the U12 category was split into 2 categories)

Adults - 35
Seniors (65+) 31
Young Adults (18-21) 31
Under 18s (12-17)- 25

8-11 Years 9
2-7 Years 7

(under 12s are paying more this season than last season - all other ages pay less)

tasty_snacks
21-09-2016, 08:10 AM
Trains looking pricey for this one - 42 rtn at decent times. And ******* East Midlands to boot. Anyone found any deals out there?

Best I could come up with was via Nuneaton, but adds well over an hour for a small saving of a fiver each way, so hardly worth it.

scro
21-09-2016, 08:24 AM
Trains looking pricey for this one - 42 rtn at decent times. And ******* East Midlands to boot. Anyone found any deals out there?

Best I could come up with was via Nuneaton, but adds well over an hour for a small saving of a fiver each way, so hardly worth it.

We got something a bit better but you have to be pretty sharpish for the best deals.

Radders
21-09-2016, 08:36 AM
We got something a bit better but you have to be pretty sharpish for the best deals.

Think I got 36 ish for me and the boy but with a F & F railcard.

Radders
21-09-2016, 08:37 AM
This season

Adults - 30
Seniors (65+) - 25
Young Adults (18-21) - 25
Under 18s - 20

Under 12s - 10

LAST SEASON (the U12 category was split into 2 categories)

Adults - 35
Seniors (65+) 31
Young Adults (18-21) 31
Under 18s (12-17)- 25

8-11 Years 9
2-7 Years 7

(under 12s are paying more this season than last season - all other ages pay less)

:p

ta

scro
21-09-2016, 09:16 AM
Think I got 36 ish for me and the boy but with a F & F railcard.

Yes i think we were quick but still paid 30 return which i think is more than i have paid in the past. 70 all in for train and tickets isn't too shabby though in reality.

mattyb21
21-09-2016, 09:19 AM

Bit late to be looking for a deal.... 3 weeks ago you could get 25 quid return

I got 2 first class returns with a (two together card) 58 quid

scro
21-09-2016, 09:22 AM

I often look at the first class deals but the reality is, it's hard to justify for a journey of just an hour and i understand the trains don't bother with a proper 1st class service on the weekends?

mattyb21
21-09-2016, 09:26 AM
I often look at the first class deals but the reality is, it's hard to justify for a journey of just an hour and i understand the trains don't bother with a proper 1st class service on the weekends?

Was gonna be 46 standard so just thought why not...

Got a first class deal for Sunderland and Everton as well... Everton on the Friday will be worth it as well get proper service etc...

And was again approx 10 quid more for pair of us

The extra 12 quid can be used up on the free tea and orange juice to wash down a can or 2 :supergrin::supergrin:

tasty_snacks
21-09-2016, 09:50 AM

Agreed. We normally book as soon as fixtures are free of TV interference. Late call on this one.

BUT......I just went through the East Midlands site directly and managed to get 3x adult returns for 73!! Bit late out, at 1215, but 1932 back so at least we can get to a few of the famous Leicester pubs afterwards.

No idea why this groupsave deal came up as it wasn't advertised anywhere, but I'll take it! :lux:

mattyb21
21-09-2016, 11:24 AM
Agreed. We normally book as soon as fixtures are free of TV interference. Late call on this one.

BUT......I just went through the East Midlands site directly and managed to get 3x adult returns for 73!! Bit late out, at 1215, but 1932 back so at least we can get to a few of the famous Leicester pubs afterwards.

No idea why this groupsave deal came up as it wasn't advertised anywhere, but I'll take it! :lux:

Nice one mate that's a very tidy deal at this stage good work :p:p

ellioteagle1
22-09-2016, 09:54 PM
62 first class return for me and the old man both using railcards booked yesterday. Great value .

Oli28
22-09-2016, 09:59 PM
You can book a train for this one through the megatrain website. It's the company that run megabus but they sell regular East Midlands Train tickets. At the moment you can do Leicester for 18 return depending on how early you're willing to go up there.

cjcpfc
25-09-2016, 05:40 PM
Wont let me select find seats on the coach travel online - guess they need to add more on?

Jim Cannon
25-09-2016, 05:42 PM

Go that deal myself, happy days

Martinsleftpeg
25-09-2016, 06:38 PM
37 return from Worthing all booked looking forward to this

Mr Bo Jangles
25-09-2016, 06:48 PM
Thought this would have sold out by now. Pretty easy to get to compared with other away games so far this season, good form, playing champions who aren't in best of form, the Saturday after they play a Champions league match which should increase our chances of a victory.

EddieEdwards
25-09-2016, 08:54 PM
Wont let me select find seats on the coach travel online - guess they need to add more on?Yes, that's probably the case. Try it again tomorrow.

EddieEdwards
26-09-2016, 07:52 AM
One guest ticket per member allowed from 10:00 today.

liberal clubber
27-09-2016, 01:55 PM
Its not sold out because the points system makes it so difficult

Dorking .Eagle
27-09-2016, 01:59 PM
Any member or season ticket holder can buy them now, it's a 'controlled' free for all (I bought 2 extras myself yesterday using mine and my sons details) without being such a free for all that Leicester fans get a membership to then buy something like 4 tickets on that membership.

Radders
28-09-2016, 12:40 PM

How does this make it difficult???

I suspect its not sold out as we are now in our 4th Prem season and, 800/1000 die hards aside, people select their games and many who have done Leicester in the last couple of years will do something else this year.

Stroud Eagle
28-09-2016, 05:02 PM

Is the correct answer.Anyone who thinks otherwise is probably only trying to get one or two tickets so they don't understand the problem.I have now got four tickets,but unfortunately because of this ridiculous system,we are sat miles apart in pairs.

Mictor Voses
28-09-2016, 05:18 PM

How is it difficult this year? You needed over 3000 points for this game last year and we sold out. Now you only need 2000

Nth Kent Eagle
28-09-2016, 07:17 PM
People are probably waiting for pay day.

jake5
28-09-2016, 08:20 PM
Is the correct answer.Anyone who thinks otherwise is probably only trying to get one or two tickets so they don't understand the problem.I have now got four tickets,but unfortunately because of this ridiculous system,we are sat miles apart in pairs.

2 of us are always phase 1 , my daughter usually 2, my mates son is a newish season ticket holder so is usually last phase .we could use other friends references to get all of them in phase 1 or 2 but we want my mates boy to use his ref, so as to get his points total up!
We now always wait till we are all eligible , there really is no need to sit separately. Exceptions , probably Bournemouth and maybe Chelsea as its 30 this year and a lot were put off by the 55 price last few years,think it sold out 2 days before the game .....

Radders
29-09-2016, 08:36 AM

Has nothing to do with the points system. If all the individuals are linked you can buy tickets together. If they are not then buy them through the box office rather than on line.
This points system may need the odd bit of tinkering but its nothing that cant be sorted by either linking your customer references or making a phone call.

wrightchipvcfc
29-09-2016, 10:07 AM

Think points system is here to stay only fair way to dish tickets out for bournmouth arsenal Chelsea west ham ect but can't see any harm in just selling to everyone with a st or membership for burnley Sunderland boro hull ect games that we don't usually sell out .

liberal clubber
29-09-2016, 07:30 PM
Has nothing to do with the points system. If all the individuals are linked you can buy tickets together. If they are not then buy them through the box office rather than on line.
This points system may need the odd bit of tinkering but its nothing that cant be sorted by either linking your customer references or making a phone call.

Im not sure that's right.
If I am category 1, I have to wait for the last category to buy my daughters ticket, regardless of whether we are linked. Unless you know better?

BERT'S HEAD
29-09-2016, 07:34 PM
If I am category 1, I have to wait for the last category to buy my daughters ticket, regardless of whether we are linked. Unless you know better?

Am asking Rocky to get mine next week. This sounds painful.

EddieEdwards
29-09-2016, 09:36 PM
If I am category 1, I have to wait for the last category to buy my daughters ticket, regardless of whether we are linked. Unless you know better?That's correct. If you want to buy tickets for people in different categories, you have to wait for the last of the categories if you want to buy them all together.

Mr Bo Jangles
30-09-2016, 04:42 AM
I think the point Radders was making is that providing you link your online account to other fans (who aren't going) you can buy earlier using their references. The only problem with that is the people you are buying for won't get the points. Not sure in this case it should be a problem for anyone as the purchasing tier we are now in allows for extra tickets to be purchased by ST holders and members.hopefully sell out next week.

laggin
03-10-2016, 01:34 AM
How does this make it difficult???

I suspect its not sold out as we are now in our 4th Prem season and, 800/1000 die hards aside, people select their games and many who have done Leicester in the last couple of years will do something else this year.

cant agree with this. for the key games a points system is fair, although points should be for actually attending games rather than buying pies, ale, and club shop merchandise. 3000 parish points for boro, sunderland, everton on a fri night, burnley, soton in the cup and this game is stupid and prevents groups and families from buying together. people also like to book their travel and accommodation in advance before it gets too pricey. also the BO wont hand over your match tickets but insist on posting them. I'm still waiting for my Middlesboro ticket to arrive

tasty_snacks
03-10-2016, 09:14 AM
That's correct. If you want to buy tickets for people in different categories, you have to wait for the last of the categories if you want to buy them all together.

I refuse to believe that ticketing technology does not exist whereby tickets can be reserved for those in higher points brackets who would like to sit with those in lower brackets, under which it will default to those that have reserved in the event that all tickets are sold out.

West Ham run a scheme (or at least used to), where everybody applied simultaneously. Those with highest points would be guaranteed a ticket. If they wanted to sit with mates on lower thresholds, the system would work it's way through and sift out to the lowest possible denominator.

Sorted.

Radders
03-10-2016, 10:08 AM
cant agree with this. for the key games a points system is fair, although points should be for actually attending games rather than buying pies, ale, and club shop merchandise. 3000 parish points for boro, sunderland, everton on a fri night, burnley, soton in the cup and this game is stupid and prevents groups and families from buying together. people also like to book their travel and accommodation in advance before it gets too pricey. also the BO wont hand over your match tickets but insist on posting them. I'm still waiting for my Middlesboro ticket to arrive

Not sure what your point is here mate to be honest?

2k points first phase for this so that should make it easier not harder for people with average points tallies to book together. If you have less points than that and have to wait until the next phase I'm not sure thats too unfair.
As far as I know the games you mention were not 3000 'parish points' first phase they were 2000. And season ticke holders second phase. This to me is a lot less exclusive if you like than last season and opens it up a lot more for people to go. This should almost help you book your rail ticket in advance knowing there is a better chance of securing a ticket. Unless of course you dont have any loyalty points or season ticket in which case its probably fair to allow those that do in front of you.

As for your other points, I dont think how the points are awarded has anything to do with it selling (though I agree as most do on how they should be earned) and I am not aware that the box office wont let you collect them. though I have never had a problem personally with recieving themthrough the post.

EddieEdwards
03-10-2016, 10:36 AM
I am not aware that the box office wont let you collect them.The box office will no longer sell away match tickets over the counter. You can go in there and pay for them but they will then send them by post. As I understand it, this is because the box office now has open counters and so they have decided that they need to store the away tickets in another part of the stadium for security reasons. There are various reasons why fans might prefer to buy tickets over the counter rather than have them sent by post and to take away that option, which has always been available, is very poor whatever their reasoning behind it is.

Radders
03-10-2016, 10:45 AM
The box office will no longer sell away match tickets over the counter. You can go in there and pay for them but they will then send them by post. As I understand it, this is because the box office now has open counters and so they have decided that they need to store the away tickets in another part of the stadium for security reasons. There are various reasons why fans might prefer to buy tickets over the counter rather than have them sent by post and to take away that option, which has always been available, is very poor whatever their reasoning behind it is.

Like I say, wasnt aware of this and have never had a problem getting mine through the post but of course I agree, there are reasons people may prefer to buy over the counter and to take away this option is indeed poor.

scro
03-10-2016, 11:39 AM
Why bother using the points system for games that take a while to sell out? Just have them on general sale to season ticket holders and members from the off (equally i wouldn't have thought there is much of a problem waiting to a later phase to sit together, I did for this game).

EddieEdwards
03-10-2016, 01:00 PM
I don't blame the club for using loyalty points and phases for this game as demand was likely to be significantly higher than for Boro, Southampton, Sunderland or Everton. However, now that it's been on sale at 2 per member for over a week and still hasn't sold out, there seems no reason not to allow general sale or at least additional guest tickets.

Yoda
03-10-2016, 01:15 PM
The box office will no longer sell away match tickets over the counter. You can go in there and pay for them but they will then send them by post. As I understand it, this is because the box office now has open counters and so they have decided that they need to store the away tickets in another part of the stadium for security reasons. There are various reasons why fans might prefer to buy tickets over the counter rather than have them sent by post and to take away that option, which has always been available, is very poor whatever their reasoning behind it is.

Really....that's just nuts!

Talk about not looking at your customer service from the point of view of the customer.

On many occasions over the years, especially when timing was tight, one of our group has popped over to Selhurst, bought for us and then distributed the tickets. I've often sent a cheery text from the car park to my mates, who then press on with their travel plans etc, knowing I have the tickets and all is well.

We're still waiting to receive some Palace cup tickets from about 10 years ago that never arrived in the post. And I know people who haven't received season tickets and had to organise more....these things happen, and not necessarily the club's fault.

I bet I'm not the only fan who would double up a visit to the Box Office with a stroll round the shop, thus adding to the sales in there.

FourtyTwo
03-10-2016, 01:31 PM
And season ticke holders second phase. This to me is a lot less exclusive if you like than last season and opens it up a lot more for people to go. This should almost help you book your rail ticket in advance knowing there is a better chance of securing a ticket. Unless of course you dont have any loyalty points or season ticket in which case its probably fair to allow those that do in front of you.

Just picking up this portion of your reply (and ignoring the middle sentence).

Season ticket holders being phase 2, irrelevant of points, seems a slightly odd way of structuring the sales - as it means that a member with a (potentially) far higher number of points (just under the 2k threshold) would be behind a first-time season ticket holder in the booking priority list.

IMO, either you implement points, and use them as your deciding factor (i.e. 2k first phase, 1k second, then no restrictions), , or open it up to all season ticket holders first, members second. The halfway house that is in place now makes it harder for all concerned.

Oli28
03-10-2016, 01:33 PM

Season ticket holders being phase 2, irrelevant of points, seems a slightly odd way of structuring the sales - as it means that a member with a (potentially) far higher number of points (just under the 2k threshold) would be behind a first-time season ticket holder in the booking priority list.

IMO, either you implement points, and use them as your deciding factor (i.e. 2k first phase, 1k second, then no restrictions), , or open it up to all season ticket holders first, members second. The halfway house that is in place now makes it harder for all concerned.
Are you going to this one?

FourtyTwo
03-10-2016, 01:41 PM
Are you going to this one?

Heh - despite my arguments about the way the ticket priority is being done on this thread, I actually can't make this one :(

jjeagle
03-10-2016, 06:35 PM
I went to the box office last week, unaware that away tickets were not being handed out there and then (as per last season). The guy behind the counter was very helpful, sorted me out for both Leicester and Burnley away. When l asked why l coudnt have the tickets, he stated that it was "in case the premier league/sky changed the kick off.

I smelt BS but let it slide. The tickets turned up in the post the next day?!? If this is the new policy, why not state it on the website? (or l have missed it?)

Woosie
03-10-2016, 07:39 PM
I went to the box office last week, unaware that away tickets were not being handed out there and then (as per last season). The guy behind the counter was very helpful, sorted me out for both Leicester and Burnley away. When l asked why l coudnt have the tickets, he stated that it was "in case the premier league/sky changed the kick off.

I smelt BS but let it slide. The tickets turned up in the post the next day?!? If this is the new policy, why not state it on the website? (or l have missed it?)

Because that would be helpful and good customer service. This is Palace, you'll never get either of those things.

7Ps
03-10-2016, 08:16 PM
Haven't been away yet this season. Don't want tickets posted to me. Trust Palace (really), don't trust the Royal Mail...

Chillo
03-10-2016, 08:29 PM

That is BS; they wouldn't be on sale if there was a chance to date/time would change.

Seriously I do wonder about the box office and its staff; in the past, Mandy would sort out things. Now, some staff seem to make it up as they go along. :grrr:

Penstone Eagle
04-10-2016, 07:28 AM
League one level in some areas at this club.

New LP
04-10-2016, 07:35 AM
Haven't been away yet this season. Don't want tickets posted to me. Trust Palace (really), don't trust the Royal Mail...

So you genuinely haven't been to an away game this season because the club only post tickets?

Yoda
04-10-2016, 08:00 AM

This security excuse doesn't make sense does it.

If the open counters are such a risk, then they shouldn't have done them.

Alternatively, mitigate the perceived risk by keeping the tickets secure overnight and bring them through to the box office in small batches during opening hours, so you serve the customer who is standing in front of you.

If you arrive to buy tickets for our home matches, do they post those instead as well?

scro
04-10-2016, 08:07 AM

Alternatively, mitigate the perceived risk by keeping the tickets secure overnight and bring them through to the box office in small batches during opening hours, so you serve the customer who is standing in front of you.

If you arrive to buy tickets for our home matches, do they post those instead as well?

The security aspect is funny. I am pretty sure the staff would have handed over the tickets to anyone stupid enough to try and hold up the box office regardless of a lame piece of glass. As if the tickets are worth anything in this day and age once they have all been cancelled anyway. Surely a locked draw would be enough to put off the opportunist south london oik.

FWIW i think the box office are generally ok. They are helpful and offer some decent customer service. Of course sometimes things go wrong but they are generally pretty decent. I do think they would be better off telling you they don't know something rather than making something up though.

oddrod
04-10-2016, 08:09 AM

So if you walk in 2 days before the game to buy a ticket for Burnley for example, they won't give it to you in case Sky change the date/time?
Comical.

Billyd
04-10-2016, 08:50 AM
Not sure what your point is here mate to be honest?

2k points first phase for this so that should make it easier not harder for people with average points tallies to book together. If you have less points than that and have to wait until the next phase I'm not sure thats too unfair.
As far as I know the games you mention were not 3000 'parish points' first phase they were 2000. And season ticke holders second phase. This to me is a lot less exclusive if you like than last season and opens it up a lot more for people to go. This should almost help you book your rail ticket in advance knowing there is a better chance of securing a ticket. Unless of course you dont have any loyalty points or season ticket in which case its probably fair to allow those that do in front of you.

As for your other points, I dont think how the points are awarded has anything to do with it selling (though I agree as most do on how they should be earned) and I am not aware that the box office wont let you collect them. though I have never had a problem personally with recieving themthrough the post.

All these points are fair and perfectly valid apart from when it comes to games with zero chance of selling out. It just makes no sense.

A group of us were potentially going to Everton. Was going to be a mix of season ticket holders and mostly non members. 11 days later it went on to sale non members (all had booking histories - myself over 3000 points.) by which point the train prices nearly doubled and people made other plans etc. We ended up not going. Yet we had over 1000 empty seats.

Just allow anyone to buy for those types of games (same restrictions were on for boro and sunderland would you believe!). And keep the points system for London and other in demand games.

Chillo
04-10-2016, 10:08 AM
So if you walk in 2 days before the game to buy a ticket for Burnley for example, they won't give it to you in case Sky change the date/time?
Comical.

No, it's not comical, it's just plain incorrect.

Two days before the game, tickets will be taken off sale and will disappear from the tickets website without putting any information on the main website saying if any remaining tickets will be available at the ground.

Any remaining tickets will then arrive with whichever is the last coach to arrive, so requiring a large queue and one/two hapless people selling tickets and trying to find the required spaces, regardless of the fact that it wont sell out and it will be (largely) sit/stand where you like.

... and breath out. :confused:

EddieEdwards
04-10-2016, 10:15 AM
If you arrive to buy tickets for our home matches, do they post those instead as well?No, because home match tickets don't need to be stored anywhere - they print them out as and when people buy them.

Nth Kent Eagle
04-10-2016, 10:35 AM
There is a box office right outside the away end at Everton and there was no queue. You could have bought a ticket at the last minute and picked it up at Everton in seconds.

tasty_snacks
04-10-2016, 10:44 AM

What the absolute ****?!?

Security reasons? Which wally was over zealous with their hazard assessment pro forma?

One of the daftest things to originate from the box office.

Chillo
04-10-2016, 10:53 AM
What the absolute ****?!?

Security reasons? Which wally was over zealous with their hazard assessment pro forma?

One of the daftest things to originate from the box office.

I think we should pause before taking it from a box office staff member that security is the reason it has been introduced, unless anyone has this confirmed (Eddie?), given the random stuff some box office staff seem to come out with (and evidenced on this thread).

Whatever the given reason, the club has increased its costs for over the counter purchases (double handling of staff taking the booking, staff putting the tickets in envelopes, envelope cost, cost of stamp), plus increased the complexity of the process, by adding in additional stages and increasing the possibility that errors could occur (wrong tickets sent, letter and tickets not arriving in time), let alone the fact that people may want to distribute tickets before the day.

Radders
04-10-2016, 11:58 AM

Whilst I accept and dont disagree, I suspect that someone being just under 2k who is not a season ticket holder therefore being trumped by a first time holder would be pretty rare (if you are talking about the latter purchasing so the former cant!) But you could fairly argue just one instance is enough I guess.

Radders
04-10-2016, 11:59 AM
All these points are fair and perfectly valid apart from when it comes to games with zero chance of selling out. It just makes no sense.

Yep, agreed.

EddieEdwards
04-10-2016, 02:23 PM
I think we should pause before taking it from a box office staff member that security is the reason it has been introduced, unless anyone has this confirmed (Eddie?), given the random stuff some box office staff seem to come out with (and evidenced on this thread).I was told it a few weeks ago when I tried to buy some away tickets, and at least one other person has had the same info - see here (http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?p=13214069#post13214069).

It seems others have been given different reasons so I suppose it could be argued that we don't really know what to believe, but "we can't give the tickets to you now in case the kick off is changed" makes no sense at all and is clearly just a BS excuse that they've been told to give. If this was a genuine reason for not issuing tickets, then they wouldn't be able to send them out in the post either.

King William
04-10-2016, 04:53 PM
Is this really true that if you go to the ticket office to but an away ticket they don't physically give you the ticket now?!?

Really?

Woosie
04-10-2016, 05:47 PM
Is this really true that if you go to the ticket office to but an away ticket they don't physically give you the ticket now?!?

Really?

Yes, see the other pages on the thread.

I had this problem at one of the home matches this season, didn't give my mate the tickets there and then due to - as mentioned by others - security reasons. Laughable.

7Ps
04-10-2016, 07:33 PM
So you genuinely haven't been to an away game this season because the club only post tickets?

It's not the only reason but it is a nail in the coffin, so to speak (or write). I saw the Blackpool game because they gave me tickets there and then, the week before.

RobertCPFC
05-10-2016, 08:21 PM
On general sale from 10am tomorrow (Thursday). You can buy a maximum of four tickets per client number.

http://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/tickets-for-crystal-palaces-away-matches-against-leicester-city-and-burnley-will-be-on-general-sale-from-10am-on-thursday-6th-october.-3348379.aspx

Gazza2
05-10-2016, 08:44 PM
Unusual for Leicester away not to sell out before going to General Sale!

laggin
06-10-2016, 11:40 PM
Unusual for Leicester away not to sell out before going to General Sale!

parish points and new BO procedure would be the reasons I suspect

leicester1
08-10-2016, 10:09 PM
Leicester v Palace ....Designated away fans pub the Counting House .....has totally been changed to resemble a London style gastro pub...............you can fill it as a lot of the normal home fans that usually use the pub are going elsewhere............after last week v Southampton...........FISTY CUFFS...............

Radders
13-10-2016, 10:21 AM
parish points and new BO procedure would be the reasons I suspect

Not sure thats the case but I do find it quite amusing how there was uproar about how the points were allocated, how unfair it was and how Parish points was going to stop people who travelled regular getting a ticket ahead of a JCL who bought a couple of Monopoly sets and a garden gnome from the club shop. Now the points threshold is lowered meaning more can buy and we dont sell out and thats the fault of Parish points too!:D

Dorking .Eagle
13-10-2016, 10:32 AM
Not sure thats the case but I do find it quite amusing how there was uproar about how the points were allocated, how unfair it was and how Parish points was going to stop people who travelled regular getting a ticket ahead of a JCL who bought a couple of Monopoly sets and a garden gnome from the club shop. Now the points threshold is lowered meaning more can buy and we dont sell out and thats the fault of Parish points too!:D

Good trolling, however you know as well as I that it is games like the first league match at Bournemouth for a generation (last season), getting one of the 200 seats at Dover, or to able to get a Cat 1 seat for the FA Cup Final, where is makes a difference to those who care the most.

80% of Palace fans probably don't care about loyalty points, as was evidenced by some people having to ask where to find their client ref and how to check their points when Watford Semi-Final tickets went on sale, doesn't mean discussing a fair system isn't relevant.

A small number of people bought a needless gold membership on top of their season ticket to get the extra 500 points that then qualified them for a Bournemouth away ticket last season, effectively paying Parish to jump the queue. Points should only be earned from tickets, end of.

Radders
13-10-2016, 10:57 AM
Good trolling, however you know as well as I that it is games like the first league match at Bournemouth for a generation (last season), getting one of the 200 seats at Dover, or to able to get a Cat 1 seat for the FA Cup Final, where is makes a difference to those who care the most.

80% of Palace fans probably don't care about loyalty points, as was evidenced by some people having to ask where to find their client ref and how to check their points when Watford Semi-Final tickets went on sale, doesn't mean discussing a fair system isn't relevant.

A small number of people bought a needless gold membership on top of their season ticket to get the extra 500 points that then qualified them for a Bournemouth away ticket last season, effectively paying Parish to jump the queue. Points should only be earned from tickets, end of.

Stop being so precious. I am not arguing against how the points should be earned so wind your neck in. Its not trolling at all. Cracks me up if people point out the hissy fits were over the top its 'trolling'

The point I'm making is that 18 months ago people were throwing their toys about how in 18 months, fans who were the most loyal wouldnt get tickets because people buying tat would overtake them and it was all the fault of Parish points. Now there are tickets that wont sell, that too is the fault of Parish points. Cant have it both ways.

Dorking .Eagle
13-10-2016, 11:06 AM
Funny how you just happen to pop up whenever there is a point to be made about points (!), but oh no, that's not trolling :rolleyes:

Not personally affected myself, over 6000 points now, but do carry on. :sunglasses:

Oli28
13-10-2016, 11:09 AM
Stop being so precious. I am not arguing against how the points should be earned so wind your neck in. Its not trolling at all. Cracks me up if people point out the hissy fits were over the top its 'trolling'

The point I'm making is that 18 months ago people were throwing their toys about how in 18 months, fans who were the most loyal wouldnt get tickets because people buying tat would overtake them and it was all the fault of Parish points. Now there are tickets that wont sell, that too is the fault of Parish points. Cant have it both ways.
Well there have been games in the past 18 months that people have effectively "bought" points to jump the queue.

That's a totally different argument to relaxing the points system for games like this so to allow people in different brackets to get seats together and encourage more to buy.

jjeagle
13-10-2016, 11:12 AM
Funny how you just happen to pop up whenever there is a point to be made about points (!), but oh no, that's not trolling :rolleyes:

Not personally affected myself, over 6000 points now, but do carry on. :sunglasses:

6000 points !!!. Blimey you must be knee deep in gnomes at home :)

Radders
13-10-2016, 11:19 AM

Perhaps thats because I believe there was a lot of overreaction.

But it still seems quite odd that expressing an opinion on the points system is trolling. Still, you have over 6000 points so carry on.:rolleyes:

Radders
13-10-2016, 11:29 AM
Well there have been games in the past 18 months that people have effectively "bought" points to jump the queue.

That's a totally different argument to relaxing the points system for games like this so to allow people in different brackets to get seats together and encourage more to buy.

A couple of people from memory said they did for Bournemouth but there was no proof in that or do I recall any other games being mentioned. However, I'm not saying its an impossibility.

What I am saying to Mr 6000 and hes missing is simply that when the points system was put into place, people who were regular travellers said they would miss out by people bulk buying gnomes. Yet now, a popular away fixture which in the last few years sells early is now going to general sale.
For me, it has nothing to do with the points system (as in my response to laggin) but simply that its been done by most for the last few years and some will give it a miss this year and do somewhere else instead. We dont always have to find a point of blame for us not selling out a game like this.

And just to re-iterate, I dont think 'loyalty' points should be awarded for anything apart from attending games.

scro
13-10-2016, 11:32 AM
Perhaps thats because I believe there was a lot of overreaction.

But it still seems quite odd that expressing an opinion on the points system is trolling. Still, you have over 6000 points so carry on.:rolleyes:

I think you'll prove to be wrong overtime about them including purchases not making any difference.

Radders
13-10-2016, 11:53 AM
I think you'll prove to be wrong overtime about them including purchases not making any difference.

Perhaps, perhaps not. If I am I will say I'm wrong.

But realistically, when a game like this which, has been one of the fastest selling aways in the last few years goes to general sale, it may just be a sign that things have peaked. The regulars life yourself and Dorking will still go and keep your points total going upwards. The semi regular away travellers like myself will still have a season ticket, go a fair amount of aways and keep the points total going upwards. So for some JCL to come in for a game that might be tight and want to bulk buy to overtake, thats a lot of f**king gnomes!

Owngoal
13-10-2016, 12:52 PM

Buying beer is not tat. Are Palace shirts tat?

AddiscombeEagle
13-10-2016, 01:13 PM
Buying beer is not tat. Are Palace shirts tat?

Beer definitely not tat. Should be rewarded with double points.:)

Any football shirts can go in the tat category for me.

jhc
15-10-2016, 01:34 PM
Not a single shot on target against Chelsea this afternoon. I'm really looking forward to the trip up there next week ��

Jim Cannon
15-10-2016, 01:44 PM
Looking forward to it too, think we can get something there especially with Dann likely to be back

cpfcfly
15-10-2016, 08:58 PM
Still looking forward to it?

Jim Cannon
15-10-2016, 09:02 PM
Still looking forward to it?

Not so much, if we play like today then Leicester will be the next team to get a morale boosting win:D

Penstone Eagle
15-10-2016, 09:59 PM
Not a single shot on target against Chelsea this afternoon. I'm really looking forward to the trip up there next week ��

Based on our performance today I predict a 0-0 then.

newish eagle
16-10-2016, 03:41 PM
Thinking of doing this. Only block M1 left. Haven't been there since Championship, anyone sat in that block can vouch for the view? Cheers

EddieEdwards
16-10-2016, 03:53 PM
Thinking of doing this. Only block M1 left. Haven't been there since Championship, anyone sat in that block can vouch for the view? CheersWe get a corner section at Leicester and the view is fine everywhere. I think M1 is towards the 'end' part of the corner rather than the 'side' part.

RobertCPFC
16-10-2016, 03:56 PM
I know it doesn't help with views but this is the map they have on the back of the ticket and shows where the away end is (M1, M2, M3A, M3B).

http://www.lcfc.com/cms_images/stadiummap280-3206079.jpg

newish eagle
16-10-2016, 04:08 PM
We get a corner section at Leicester and the view is fine everywhere. I think M1 is towards the 'end' part of the corner rather than the 'side' part.
Cheers Eddie!

newish eagle
16-10-2016, 04:09 PM
I know it doesn't help with views but this is the map they have on the back of the ticket and shows where the away end is (M1, M2, M3A, M3B).

http://www.lcfc.com/cms_images/stadiummap280-3206079.jpg
Thanks Robert!

scro
17-10-2016, 10:33 AM
We get a corner section at Leicester and the view is fine everywhere. I think M1 is towards the 'end' part of the corner rather than the 'side' part.

I have sat in most of the blocks i think up there. It's all much of muchness. The other goal always seems an excessively long way at the king power. So none of the seats are great but none of them are rubbish either.

Boring stadium with very little going for it. Decent atmosphere though.

Penstone Eagle
17-10-2016, 10:38 AM
I have sat in most of the blocks i think up there. It's all much of muchness. The other goal always seems an excessively long way at the king power. So none of the seats are great but none of them are rubbish either.

Boring stadium with very little going for it. Decent atmosphere though.

Agreed

jamieb73
17-10-2016, 12:25 PM
Driving up this time, any suggestions where to park please that is nearby and cheap...ta

AddiscombeEagle
17-10-2016, 08:52 PM
I already have my ticket but my mates kid now wants to come.

Tried buying ticket for him but website only allows me to buy adult ticket as per my category. I can understand this for when it's one ticket per member but not when it's on general sale. Bit over the top.

EddieEdwards
17-10-2016, 10:14 PM
I already have my ticket but my mates kid now wants to come.

Tried buying ticket for him but website only allows me to buy adult ticket as per my category. I can understand this for when it's one ticket per member but not when it's on general sale. Bit over the top.It's just a limitation of the website. If you call the box office they'll let you buy a kid's ticket. Or you could create an account in the name of the child (assuming he doesn't already have one) and then either buy directly from that account or add it to the family and friends section of your own account and buy from there. The system will then know that the ticket is for a child and should allow you to buy at the correct price.

scro
18-10-2016, 07:58 AM
It's just a limitation of the website. If you call the box office they'll let you buy a kid's ticket. Or you could create an account in the name of the child (assuming he doesn't already have one) and then either buy directly from that account or add it to the family and friends section of your own account and buy from there. The system will then know that the ticket is for a child and should allow you to buy at the correct price.

It's slight hassle because i have often in the past bought my son an adult ticket for games when I am not sure of his football fixtures (just in case he has a game and i want to take someone else). You used to be able to change the drop down but i don't think you can anymore.

EddieEdwards
18-10-2016, 10:59 AM
You used to be able to change the drop down but i don't think you can anymore.It seems quite random - some days it lets you do it and other days it doesn't. I've just tried it for Leicester and it's allowing it today! It probably depends on exactly what settings they choose when they load each batch of tickets.

Dorking .Eagle
18-10-2016, 07:11 PM
'kinell

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm187/dorkingeagle123/flare_zpsxqtg51cl.jpg (http://s296.photobucket.com/user/dorkingeagle123/media/flare_zpsxqtg51cl.jpg.html)

dav434
18-10-2016, 07:29 PM
'kinell

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm187/dorkingeagle123/flare_zpsxqtg51cl.jpg (http://s296.photobucket.com/user/dorkingeagle123/media/flare_zpsxqtg51cl.jpg.html)

Surprised if any of their fans will be able to see the pitch through that!

BERT'S HEAD
18-10-2016, 07:44 PM
Surprised if any of their fans will be able to see the pitch through that!

I think it's jolly decent of them to warm our seats up.

RobertCPFC
18-10-2016, 08:31 PM
'kinell

Can you imagine what it would be like on here if that happened on Saturday? ;)

Chillo
18-10-2016, 08:51 PM
I think it's jolly decent of them to warm our seats up.

Interesting to see if there are any arrests; if that happened on Saturday, there would be so much pant wetting (not just on here, but generally).

dweedman
18-10-2016, 09:47 PM
'kinell

Hopefully they took the bottle caps off their beers, don't want them doing anything dangerous.

dweedman
19-10-2016, 03:35 PM
Bought my ticket for this game today, short notice, didn't think I would have been able to make it until yesterday, if the ticket hasn't arrived by Friday should I call the box office?

Frimley Flyer
19-10-2016, 04:08 PM
When we drive we park just off the Narborough Road, (Hadden Road
/Evesham Road), about 15 minute walk to the ground but great cafe on Narborough road near the railway bridge, the Two Ten Cafe. On the way back there's a back way cut through - follow the locals. Great get away for the M1 too

Driving up this time, any suggestions where to park please that is nearby and cheap...ta

Frimley Flyer
19-10-2016, 04:09 PM
PS. free street parking there

Frimley Flyer
19-10-2016, 04:09 PM
Blimey lets expect a thorough pat down at the weekend then......

Hopefully they took the bottle caps off their beers, don't want them doing anything dangerous.

Nigel_Scarfer
19-10-2016, 04:23 PM

Penstone Eagle
19-10-2016, 04:24 PM
Blimey lets expect a thorough pat down at the weekend then......

Only reason I'm going :D

dweedman
20-10-2016, 01:31 PM
Anyone know how high up row AA in block M2 is?

Frimley Flyer
20-10-2016, 01:44 PM
as far as i can tell is A-Z first, then AA etc, so should be about half way up. I'm in BB

RobertCPFC
20-10-2016, 01:52 PM
I think I'm in the back row and this is PP so AA would be over half way up.

ExCroydon_CPFC
20-10-2016, 08:34 PM
Suprised we haven't sold this one out yet. Good atmosphere I reckon though

dav434
20-10-2016, 10:47 PM

Sold out according to tickets website

laggin
21-10-2016, 01:01 AM

parish points

New LP
21-10-2016, 06:08 AM
Sold out according to tickets website

Sales have stopped but that doesn't mean we sold the whole allocation.

New LP
21-10-2016, 06:09 AM
parish points

In all seriousness it doesn't help.

EddieEdwards
21-10-2016, 07:40 AM
Sales haven't stopped - there are a limited number still available. They seem to be adding them to the website a few at a time. Possibly it's just the unused player comps etc. that are still remaining.

scro
21-10-2016, 08:09 AM

I wonder if it might be a bit flat by comparison.. Both clubs are less exciting by just being in the prem. The game last year we were both flying. I can see it being the least noisy trip we have had since leicester came up. Saying that i can see it being the best game we have had up there. Both sides can afford to play with a bit more freedom than usual and try and win the game.

New LP
21-10-2016, 10:14 AM
Sales haven't stopped - there are a limited number still available. They seem to be adding them to the website a few at a time. Possibly it's just the unused player comps etc. that are still remaining.

It said sold out this morning on the site.

I guess if people have left it this late then it's best to call the box office.

cpfcfly
21-10-2016, 11:07 AM
Tickets still available on the website for block M2 row S. Gotta be staff/leftover tickets, M2 was sold ages ago.

Sp1Eagle
21-10-2016, 11:54 AM
The ticket allocation for our supporters at Leicester City have now sold out.

There will be no further tickets available for this match and please do not travel to the stadium if you haven't purchased a ticket for the game.

http://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/our-fans-allocation-for-the-game-on-saturday-are-now-sold-out.-3375527.aspx#QXKrbqRWKHVFY0ql.99

cpfcfly
21-10-2016, 01:19 PM
Must've been the last few that I saw.

So 3000 Palace tomorrow. Home end sold out too. Good good. :)

jaspercpfc
22-10-2016, 01:49 PM
Hearing of at least 5/6 fans who never received their tickets from the box office for today's game. It's happening game after game

laggin
24-10-2016, 12:38 AM
Hearing of at least 5/6 fans who never received their tickets from the box office for today's game. It's happening game after game

still waiting for my Middlesboro tickets chief! "we cant give tickets over the counter, we have to post them" :rolleyes:

dweedman
24-10-2016, 07:14 AM

I was one, went to the Leicester box office and the ticket I got from them didn't even bloody work!!!! Thankfully the Leicester steward let me in anyway, palace would have probably just sent me back to the ticket office!

This was also after having my train ticket fail at every barrier from Thornton Heath to Leicester :grrr: then we had the audacity to lose!

Penstone Eagle
24-10-2016, 07:20 AM
Fans inconvenienced by Box Office cock up shock.

dweedman
24-10-2016, 07:27 AM

Thinking of writing to the Croydon Advertiser about it, might make the front page.

ebyeeckeagle
24-10-2016, 09:29 AM
This was also after having my train ticket fail at every barrier from Thornton Heath to Leicester :grrr: then we had the audacity to lose!

Parish out :)

dweedman
24-10-2016, 11:26 AM

Knew it was all his fault from the beginning.

CommercialStone
24-10-2016, 11:56 AM
Did a quick search, and I didn't see one ticket related complaint from the Mark Goldberg era.

I think we all know what needs to, no SHOULD, happen here. Do the right thing Steve and Co.

Sam Spade
24-10-2016, 12:13 PM
I was one, went to the Leicester box office and the ticket I got from them didn't even bloody work!!!! Thankfully the Leicester steward let me in anyway, palace would have probably just sent me back to the ticket office.

My ticket came by post but it didn't work either. The Leicester stewards acted as if this was a reasonably common occurrence. Not sure this is the fault of the Palace box office.

dweedman
24-10-2016, 04:02 PM
My ticket came by post but it didn't work either. The Leicester stewards acted as if this was a reasonably common occurrence. Not sure this is the fault of the Palace box office.

Yeah, I highly doubt it was the fault of the Palace box office, the same thing happened to me last year at Spurs away in the FA cup last season and for the semi final, both times I had to go to the ticket office for a replacement ticket that worked. (Missed Bolasie's goal though :wallbash:)

scro
25-10-2016, 08:24 AM
I wonder if it might be a bit flat by comparison.. Both clubs are less exciting by just being in the prem. The game last year we were both flying. I can see it being the least noisy trip we have had since leicester came up. Saying that i can see it being the best game we have had up there. Both sides can afford to play with a bit more freedom than usual and try and win the game.

I did think the atmosphere from the Leicester fans was nothing like as good as previous visits. We were decent up until the first goal and that just sucked the life out of our support.

Penstone Eagle
25-10-2016, 09:46 AM
I did think the atmosphere from the Leicester fans was nothing like as good as previous visits. We were decent up until the first goal and that just sucked the life out of our support.

Agreed.

cpfcfly
26-10-2016, 09:16 AM

He was on my train, probably walked through the ticket barriers with ease ;)

laggin
27-10-2016, 12:54 AM

3 weeks ago BO staff said they would post the burnley tickets and with a week to go they still haven't arrived

scro
27-10-2016, 02:01 PM
As you walk past the rugby ground you realise that there are two grounds close together and only one has any character. I have now been to Leicester 4 times and Southampton at least 6-8 times. Both turn me off to such an extent i pity the locals whose season tickets are at these dull stadiums. There is literally nothing about them that i feel envious of. Neither of them are particularly conveniently located. Both are soulless and in the case of Leicester most of the seats are too far from the action. What exactly are you getting that is so fantastic? A bit more room to drink your pint of Singha in? The concourses are still cold, damp feeling dark miserable affairs.. so in summary. I am glad we didn't get the move to Crystal Palace park. I am sure we weren't about to reinvent the wheel had we done so.

ForzaPalace
27-10-2016, 02:16 PM
What exactly are you getting that is so fantastic?.

A Premier League title?

scro
27-10-2016, 03:19 PM
A Premier League title?

:D You know what i mean.