PDA

View Full Version : Terry Fenwick

Big Gav
16-09-2016, 05:10 PM
Maybe it's because I was young at the time or maybe it was because Fenwick was trying to fill Kenny Sansoms left back position at a young age but I can't remember him being really that good for us. So how did he go on to win 20 caps for England and have such a good career at QPR and Spurs?
No idea what he is doing now

gold76
16-09-2016, 05:10 PM
Managing (quite well) in the Caribbean

Ardent Eagle Forever
16-09-2016, 06:03 PM
Maybe it's because I was young at the time or maybe it was because Fenwick was trying to fill Kenny Sansoms left back position at a young age but I can't remember him being really that good for us. So how did he go on to win 20 caps for England and have such a good career at QPR and Spurs?
No idea what he is doing now
IMO only he was sh1t. His complete failure to make a tackle on Maradona in the world cup helped Argentina progress. That and Maradonas hand of God, more like ferking handball goal.

Nth Kent Eagle
16-09-2016, 06:03 PM
He used to drink occasionally in the Black Horse in Locksbottom.

Jim Cannon
16-09-2016, 06:09 PM
He was poor for us, but Venables loved him as shown by taking him everywhere he went, except Barca. I think even Venables knew that would have been taking the piss

Sam Spade
17-09-2016, 09:21 AM
Last time I saw him he was handing out tickets to fans at Huddersfield prior to a calamitous 4-0 drubbing around December 98.
That trip also remembered by me as, driving along a relatively pleasant Yorkshire country lane my then 15 year old son suddenly exclaimed plaintively "God, I hate the North!"

JOHN1509
17-09-2016, 09:34 AM
From the Wikipedia site...

Since his managerial days in England, Fenwick has spent a considerable amount of time in Trinidad and Tobago, where he has enjoyed a great degree of managerial success - winning the country's professional football league on four occasions (2002, 2003, 2007, and 2008). After securing a place in the Caribbean Champions League for Central FC, Fenwick signed for CS Visť in the Belgian Second Division[6] at the time of the signature but the club was relegated at the end of the season.

gcwhite
17-09-2016, 09:52 AM
On a positive note he did score the winning goal in the FA Youth Cup Final two years running.

Nigelbrag
17-09-2016, 10:11 AM
He was never the most talented player but a good Geordie lad, honest, hard working and dedicated was his true trademarks, reminded me very much like Gareth Southgate as a player and they both got rewarded accordingly with England caps.
I remember meeting and speaking with him at Streete Court when assistant manager to TV, he literally did all the donkey work whilst Venner's was away doing "other" things, the bonding and trust between them though was amazing which obviously went back many years.

gold76
18-09-2016, 04:54 PM
IIRC he took charge of the Samsunspor home game (roasting hot day) while Venners was on holiday..

ANDYEAGLE
18-09-2016, 06:47 PM
On a positive note he did score the winning goal in the FA Youth Cup Final two years running.ia

As a youth player he was good. Nothing special for me as a player for us but he was TV's little pet. His missus was the secretary of mate of mine at Dylon
who were close to our now copers training ground. To say he was not a fan of TF would be an understatement. Total k unt comes to mind.

Gazza2
18-09-2016, 10:58 PM
Played centre mid in Palace side that won FA Youth cup in consecutive years scoring winning goal both years. Later converted to play in defence. Peter Nicholas did the opposite as he was a CB in youth team.

PeterH
19-09-2016, 03:10 AM
Isn't it a joy that TV gets no airtime on TV these days.

Eagle's Away
19-09-2016, 04:17 AM
Any memories of him were ruined for me by his association with Terry Venables when that man came back to manage Palace under Mark Goldberg. I hope my memory is right but I recall him as a First team coach and standing side by side with Venables on a wet windy afternoon in Barnsley when Venables clearly did not give a sh1t for us and was merely pocketing the cash. I have no doubts Fenwick also knew it was merely an opportunity to stiff the club for money.

JJ
19-09-2016, 05:21 AM
IIRC he took charge of the Samsunspor home game (roasting hot day) while Venners was on holiday..

That game was such an anti-climax compared to what I'd been expecting on our European adventure. :veryangry

Polak
19-09-2016, 07:11 AM
IMO only he was sh1t. His complete failure to make a tackle on Maradona in the world cup helped Argentina progress. That and Maradonas hand of God, more like ferking handball goal.
He said in his autobiography that he didn't tackle him as he was already on yellow card and didn't want to get sent off. Instead he let him through to score. Well done. How about maybe he tackled him without fouling him?

KYLIE MINEAGLE
19-09-2016, 07:49 AM
I saw him one night in the Golden Lion in Penge he was with Tony Sealey. That is all.

monkey
23-09-2016, 04:04 PM
I was his postman for a time when he lived off sundridge ave in Bromley, I never saw him though, it's just the QPR club car with Terence William Fenwick on the side gave it away:D

Btw, he was shit:jerkit:

thereichstuff
24-09-2016, 08:25 AM
I saw him one night in the Golden Lion in Penge he was with Tony Sealey. That is all.

He was often in the Royston club in penge , I believe he lived right next to it . He kept company with some right penge characters :p

Vince Hilaire's Afro
24-09-2016, 09:00 AM
He had that annoying run/hair combo that also afflicted Steve Ketteridge and Tommy Langley.