PDA

View Full Version : Arnold Palmer

adrenalin john
26-09-2016, 03:46 AM
He was the king, his impact on golf was enormous and in many ways he is the Godfather of modern sport.

I had the pleasure of working with him for 15 years. Always a man of the people, I am sure even here on British football forum there will be a fair few who met him and have a story to tell

Chester
26-09-2016, 04:01 AM
"When Arnie was on the course and a cheer went up, you never knew if he had made a birdie or was hitching his pants up"

His legacy outside of golf is equal to that on the course which is just as remarkable.

The guy was also the coolest.

http://i.imgur.com/BJmBwYc.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/PW7xiMJ.jpg

Deadpool
26-09-2016, 06:24 AM
Get in the hole

Golf Boy
26-09-2016, 06:33 AM
Get in the hole

Excellent. Bad taste, but excellent.

Big Gav
26-09-2016, 06:39 AM
My uncle picked him up in his cab a good few years ago. Noticing he had an American accent he asked him why he was in the Uk. Arnold said he was over for a golf tournament, my uncle asked if he was any good and Arnold replied "put it this way I could probably beat you with one arm tied behind my back" :)
My uncle loved golf but did not recognise who he was!

adrenalin john
26-09-2016, 06:51 AM
He sure knew how to enjoy himself.

Big Blue Eagle
26-09-2016, 07:34 AM
A true sporting icon who effectively created the pro game (and large chunks of the amateur game) we see today that produces thrilling spectacles like Rory's win last night. I very fondly remember sitting with my dad watching the Big Three matches on TV with Player and Nicklaus and Henry Longhurst commentating.

Going to be a nice course for all us golfers when we head upstairs if he designs it.

Patrick Dwyer
26-09-2016, 08:25 AM
RIP.

beds83
26-09-2016, 10:15 AM
When I was a nipper and playing golf as a junior my old man bought me an Arnold Palmer book.
Long before my time but always admired what he done for the game

LLCOOLSTEVE
26-09-2016, 11:08 AM
such sad news

RIP

adrenalin john
26-09-2016, 11:17 AM
Family man, pilot, businessman, course designer and golf legend, someone once wrote that Arnold Palmer was a person all women wanted to be with and all men wanted to be. In a world where fame seems to be increasingly transient, there is a permanence about Palmer and his accomplishments, and that certainly will endure. If his death marks the end of an era, his fans can take heart in the fact that his legacy will live on in his foundation and in the game he loved so dearly, and to which he gave so much.

If anyone is interested you can read our tribute to Arnie www.kingdom.golf

cranesparkeagle
26-09-2016, 07:33 PM
One of the greats has left us. RIP Arnold Palmer