PDA

View Full Version : Have we played all the 92?

switchboard
24-10-2016, 09:22 AM
Have we played all 92 clubs in a competitive league or cup fixture?

Premier League
AFC Bournemouth
Arsenal
Burnley
Chelsea
Crystal Palace
Everton
Hull City
Leicester City
Liverpool
Manchester City
Manchester United
Middlesbrough
Southampton
Stoke City
Sunderland
Swansea City
Tottenham Hotspur
Watford
West Bromwich Albion
West Ham United

Championship
Aston Villa
Barnsley
Birmingham City
Blackburn Rovers
Brentford
Brighton & Hove Albion
Bristol City
Burton Albion
Cardiff City
Derby County
Fulham
Huddersfield Town
Ipswich Town
Leeds United
Newcastle United
Norwich City
Nottingham Forest
Preston North End
Queens Park Rangers
Reading
Rotherham United
Sheffield Wednesday
Wigan Athletic
Wolverhampton Wanderers

League One
AFC Wimbledon
Bolton Wanderers
Bradford City
Bristol Rovers
Bury
Charlton Athletic
Chesterfield
Coventry City
Fleetwood Town
Gillingham
Millwall
Milton Keynes Dons
Northampton Town
Oldham Athletic
Oxford United
Peterborough United
Port Vale
Rochdale
Scunthorpe United
Sheffield United
Shrewsbury Town
Southend United
Swindon Town
Walsall

League Two
Accrington Stanley
Barnet
Blackpool
Cambridge United
Carlisle United
Cheltenham Town
Colchester United
Crawley Town
Crewe Alexandra
Doncaster Rovers
Exeter City
Grimsby Town
Hartlepool United
Leyton Orient
Luton Town
Mansfield Town
Morecambe
Newport County
Notts County
Plymouth Argyle
Portsmouth
Stevenage
Wycombe Wanderers
Yeovil Town

whereEaglesFly
24-10-2016, 09:25 AM
Never played AFC Wimbledon (Technically) or Mk Dons have we?

Ruskin Old Boy
24-10-2016, 09:31 AM
Off the top of my head we haven't played Fleetwood or Stevenage

N Herts Eagle
24-10-2016, 09:39 AM
Morecambe cannot ever remember going there...

KYLIE MINEAGLE
24-10-2016, 09:41 AM
Burton Albion and Morecambe ?

Neil the Eagle
24-10-2016, 09:41 AM
Can't remember us ever playing Morecombe, also if we are being technical over Wimbledon, Newport County and Accrington Stanley are different clubs from the ones we played.

I'm guessing we must have played Barnet in the Southern League but can't remember any more recent competitive games.

KYLIE MINEAGLE
24-10-2016, 09:45 AM
According to Google we have never played Burton ,Morecambe or Fleetwood,

Dorking .Eagle
24-10-2016, 10:02 AM
Not first team, however we played an FA Youth Cup game away at Accrington Stanley last season

N Herts Eagle
24-10-2016, 10:11 AM
Can't remember us ever playing Morecombe, also if we are being technical over Wimbledon, Newport County and Accrington Stanley are different clubs from the ones we played.

I'm guessing we must have played Barnet in the Southern League but can't remember any more recent competitive games. Interesting been Googling......Barnet no we never played them in the Southern League they were an Amateur Side until 1965. However we were the first side to play at Underhill in 1907 which I am guessing was a friendly. One of our recent pre season friendlies was to recognise that (not the 3-5)
Stevenage I am pretty certain is another side we have never played.......

TenEmBee
24-10-2016, 09:03 PM
Don't think we have ever played Wycombe Wanderers competively either

N Herts Eagle
24-10-2016, 09:14 PM
Don't think we have ever played Wycombe Wanderers competively either Have you forgotten the 4-1 away win and the 4-0 home win.............

Ok it might be before your time 1906

Sam Spade
24-10-2016, 09:33 PM

To which you could add Aldershot if they regain League status.

sl6 Eagle
25-10-2016, 09:06 AM
Have we ever played Cheltenham?

SHIPEAGLE
25-10-2016, 09:11 AM
Have we ever played Cheltenham?

yes in the league cup think we beat them 7 -0 if my memory is correct

Latvian Eagle
25-10-2016, 09:13 AM

7-1 I thought. Probably wouldn't remember but my Dad won the Selhurst Super Draw that night. A whole 230. :moo:

Ruskin Old Boy
25-10-2016, 09:21 AM
Yes, 7-0. Only one up at half time though. Gray for Black at half time made a big difference.

milky87
25-10-2016, 09:30 AM
Have we ever played Millwall or Charlton in a league fixture?

The names ring a bell but I can't recall playing them

James
25-10-2016, 09:59 AM
Have we ever played Millwall or Charlton in a league fixture?

The names ring a bell but I can't recall playing themAnther vaguely familiar name there is "Brighton & Hove Albion". I am sure we must have have played them before, possible even fairly recently, but I'm blowed if I can remember the occasion. Can anyone remind me?

milky87
25-10-2016, 09:59 AM
Anther vaguely familiar name there is "Brighton & Hove Albion". I am sure we must have have played them before, possible even fairly recently, but I'm blowed if I can remember the occasion. Can anyone remind me?

Must have been a friendly

sl6 Eagle
25-10-2016, 10:07 AM

Blimey I don't recall that one at all, not often we win by 7!!

N Herts Eagle
25-10-2016, 10:45 AM
Anther vaguely familiar name there is "Brighton & Hove Albion". I am sure we must have have played them before, possible even fairly recently, but I'm blowed if I can remember the occasion. Can anyone remind me?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSRvtkQC4Yw This might help ...........

Radders
25-10-2016, 11:17 AM

I'm guessing we must have played Barnet in the Southern League but can't remember any more recent competitive games.

We played Newport County at home in the cup in 86/87 if that counts? Remember it as I was a programme seller and the programme was a sheet of paper folded in two but Uncle Ron still charged 50p for it!
He walked past me as I was moaning about the price and said 'you dont have to buy it!' I said 'No, but I gotta try and sell it though!':angel:

milky87
25-10-2016, 11:29 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSRvtkQC4Yw This might help ...........

I just let out a little sex wee watching that

Scrumpy
25-10-2016, 11:41 AM

Is that the game where Doog beat their keeper then rolled it in with his knee?

stevek
25-10-2016, 11:46 AM
There's one of the 92 we've never played - ourselves!

stevek
25-10-2016, 11:48 AM
We played Newport County at home in the cup in 86/87 if that counts? Remember it as I was a programme seller and the programme was a sheet of paper folded in two but Uncle Ron still charged 50p for it!
He walked past me as I was moaning about the price and said 'you dont have to buy it!' I said 'No, but I gotta try and sell it though!':angel:

Neil's point was that that version of Newport County went bust and a new club was formed.

(John Salako scored his first goal for Palace in that cup game - and celebrated with a lap of honour like he'd scored the goal that won the league.)

Golf Boy
25-10-2016, 11:51 AM

I can recall beating ourselves quite often.

Radders
25-10-2016, 11:58 AM
Neil's point was that that version of Newport County went bust and a new club was formed.

(John Salako scored his first goal for Palace in that cup game - and celebrated with a lap of honour like he'd scored the goal that won the league.)

Ahh, ok gotcha!:p

I remember it well:p

Dorking .Eagle
25-10-2016, 12:13 PM

Only when the away team has to wear our 2nd kit

Mick
25-10-2016, 12:18 PM
We played at Stevenage a few years back, but only in a pre-season friendly, which I can recall going to.

Radders
25-10-2016, 12:33 PM
Only when the away team has to wear our 2nd kit

Barnsley the year we were promoted!

stevek
25-10-2016, 12:55 PM

And Birmingham in about 1996 (in our yellow third kit - which we never won in, but Birmingham did).

N Herts Eagle
25-10-2016, 07:21 PM
I just let out a little sex wee watching that Ok....thanks for letting me know (not)......try watching this but suggest you might need a tissue box close by

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOjqTPTwfdo

ExCroydon_CPFC
25-10-2016, 07:24 PM

Didn't Birmingham also do it? Romania style yellow adidas away kit? Or am I getting wires crossed?

monkey
26-10-2016, 05:07 AM

We played newport home AND away, it was two legs, I went to the away game as well, the ground was a shit hole, you could tell they were going bust, I think we won 2-0, but I seem to remember us having something Stupid like 4 goals disallowed

Raggy
26-10-2016, 05:16 AM
I don't remember playing Yeovil.

monkey
26-10-2016, 05:56 AM

League Cup 1st round a few years ago!! We won 1-0

jaspercpfc
26-10-2016, 05:56 AM

Im sure we played them in the league cup in 2010 with a late Alan Lee winner?

N Herts Eagle
26-10-2016, 06:10 AM
Im sure we played them in the league cup in 2010 with a late Alan Lee winner?
We also played them in the F A Cup in my early days lost 3-1 in 1963.......ohhh and it was not the first time in 1934 we lost 3-0 both times they were non league in those days.

Dorking .Eagle
26-10-2016, 06:22 AM

Copies of that flimsy programme have sold for over 10, it is in a category quite sought after by programme collectors, as it was their last season in the Football League.

EDIT - And it looks like the latest incarnation of the club are on course to repeat the feat

El Aguila
26-10-2016, 07:47 AM
We played newport home AND away, it was two legs, I went to the away game as well, the ground was a shit hole, you could tell they were going bust, I think we won 2-0, but I seem to remember us having something Stupid like 4 goals disallowed

What was the score at home? I remember being at the game and there being something mildly remarkable about it, but I can't remember what. Did we thrash them

Dorking .Eagle
26-10-2016, 07:52 AM
Think the home game was 4-0 off the top of my head.
Ian Wright scored a ‘Ricky Villa’ –esque goal down the Whitehorse Lane end, which was quite simply staggering as he weaved through defenders, dropped a shoulder here and there and slotted home. Think it is on the ironically named ‘Do the Wright thing’ VHS video. It was awesome. Wasn’t it 87/88?

El Aguila
26-10-2016, 07:58 AM
Sounds about right. Did they wear orange?

tony 1947
26-10-2016, 04:36 PM
I can recall beating ourselves quite often.

We played Public Trial games against ourselves up to 1962-63 seaon

Tom's Old Man
26-10-2016, 06:15 PM
What was the score at home? I remember being at the game and there being something mildly remarkable about it, but I can't remember what. Did we thrash them
4-0 at Selhurst. Went to the away leg too, stayed in a B&B in Newport. The whole place was a dive, possibly the worst league ground I've ever been to - and I've done over 80!

Kai
26-10-2016, 06:28 PM
What about Crawley? I know we used to play there in preseason every year but have we ever played them competitively? Must be in the cup though

brb rule
26-10-2016, 06:44 PM
What about Crawley? I know we used to play there in preseason every year but have we ever played them competitively? Must be in the cup though

yes league cup 2011

Dorking .Eagle
26-10-2016, 06:51 PM
yes league cup 2011

Yep, was postponed by a week or two because of the London Riots

Ninjas Headband
26-10-2016, 08:23 PM
4-0 at Selhurst. Went to the away leg too, stayed in a B&B in Newport. The whole place was a dive, possibly the worst league ground I've ever been to - and I've done over 80!

Remember that the away toilets had no lighting so had to find the urinals by feel. There was also a cement pillar lying in the middle of the floor just to add danger value in the loos. Still safer than the sinder terracing as the locals threw rocks over the fence from the near train station sidings. Barely over a 1000 watched the game.

Those were the days!!!

Tony
27-10-2016, 12:00 AM

It was the first time we'd scored four in one game for about 1400 years* and thus was phenomenally exciting (very early days of the Ian Wright revival era)... also the goals, or one or two of them, were actually shown on telly, which again, at the time, was the equivalent of seeing two flying pigs mating in mid-air.

Also, in the away leg, we wore a very rare all white kit with some rather stylish black trimming and looked exceptionally cool (no sponsor)... unfortunately the kit was never seen again as far as I recall.

*Not quite true, but spiritually it was... the moment when I realised things were stirring, was a very late in the season away game at Barnsley (1986?) when we won 4-2 I think. Over the previous five years or so that would have equated to at least a month's ration of goals, so to get them all in one match was just out of this world. I had to check the score on the hour every hour for the whole weekend just to make sure it was real.

monkey
27-10-2016, 08:50 AM

I'd agree with that, even by 70's/80's dilapidated standards I remember it being bad. The terrace had been dug up, which left just a flat wasteland with weeds up round our ankles,I remember us having to piss up the wall up the back because there was no toilet and there was no food or drink inside the ground

Glaws Eagle
27-10-2016, 09:08 AM
Head to head
C Palace vs. Morecambe
C Palace Morecambe
C Palace have never played Morecambe - please select another